Which is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/zfeqp88xoe0o2we/Zoo Tycoon Portable Beta.rar
zootekphoenix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10033&page=3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RollerCoaster 3 Wild

This.

This. Period.

I hate how the animals in zoo tycoon games have no depth in their behaviors. In JP, they hunt, seek for food, form a pack, form a territory, and decide who's the leader of the pack.

I'm surprised there is still no OpenZoo Tycoon

The only thing 1 has going for it are the expansions (and the cheats that come with it).
If the sequel had expansions that let me get mermaids, it'd be great.

If we're talking no EPs, then 2nd is better, hands-down. It came from an age when sequels actually expanded upon the previous game. It let you do great shit with the terraforming of your zoo.

Grid based manual design&placement > Auto 'Paint my landscape for me' tool. Although zt1 has a bullshit foliage density system that makes it impossible to get 100 rating exhibits for some animals without abusing quarter tile items
Also this

2 has more mods IIRC

JP doesn't have flamingos.

There was a marine expansion, as well, which was probably the weakest.

Because they are not that good, and not many people care about them. It was this era when everything IRL had to be made a management game, but they never asked themselves if that shit was going to be actually fun. Like with Sim Golf except they somehow managed to make it good.

Zoo Tycoon's problem is that it was too simple. I wish there was a zoo game with RCT's complexity.

I'm surprised that people still make mods for ZT2 after all of these years. They're looking good but it's a shame that nobody has taken up the challenge of modding in new gameplay stuff like rollercoasters and such. I remember a guy saying it might be possible but it hasn't happened yet because nobody in the community has good enough coding experience.

Came here to post this

An OpenZT could easily allow for touching up parts of the gameplay and make the dream come true.

Fuck I wish it'd happen

Can anyone help me track down the animal models used for the game? I know they were uploaded somewhere long ago but this is all the proof I have

I think I'll put up some sort of bounty system to see if anyone will nibble at ZT development

Also, here's a neat little gift you guys might like

mediafire.com/file/zfeqp88xoe0o2we/Zoo Tycoon Portable Beta.rar

All I could find that might bring clues is this thread, the Rapan site might be down unfortunately.
zootekphoenix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10033&page=3

Bumpin

Is that the DS version?

Yeah, this.

That's the beta version of Zoo Tycoon

bumpi

Never played 2, but I'm gonna have to hunt down a download and load it into my XP VM for playing older games.

I still have the original disc for the first one. Need to reinstall it that as well.

I miss this game.

please ignore my sage

Good games never die. They just get modded into an open source one.