What are you fags using for controllers nowdays?

What are you fags using for controllers nowdays?
My 9 year old 360 pad is starting to get unresponsive and I'm looking for a replacement. I can't find another wired casper white controller anywhere and I'm looking into the xbone and ps4 ones, any of you use them? How do you find them?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-CUH-ZCT2/dp/B01LWVX2RG
morbidstix.com/Xbox-360-ps4-buttons
exhentai.org/g/859135/5c9ee68669/
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
archive.fo/SNFLt
exhentai.org/g/786845/6cd937922d/
exhentai.org/g/786852/09e990c69b/
nhentai.net/g/127447/
forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1485121-D3D11-Renderer-für-Gothic-2-(alpha)-20
amazon.com/Nyko-Core-Controller-Color-Playstation-3/dp/B003G2Z4FK?th=1
frys.com/product/6350411?source=google&gclid=CJDbw6nJuNICFUaNfgodF8MDsA
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that wire(less) Logitech controller is p. good if you're a bit pinched in the wallet imo

A sixaxis, it's the perfect controller.

I had an xbone controller I used for PC games, but I sold it with the xbox. Now I use a logitech. It's okay

I got a DS3. it wasn't cheap because I live in a third world shithole, but it was worth it

I recently made the mistake of switching to Windows 10 and I have to use an Xbox controller. I don't think 10 has the drivers for Logitech F710 yet (though I haven't actually checked recently), but that's what I'd recommend if you use literally any other OS.

DS4 is the best gamepad for pc gaming.

amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-CUH-ZCT2/dp/B01LWVX2RG

Nah, Logitech pads have been shit-tier since they dropped their Rumblepad 2s and started churning out the F series with retarded input lag. They're bottom-tier controllers.

I use the Xbox Elite. Using paddles as more buttons is pretty convenient.

Is that shit plug and play out of the box or do you need to buy adapters or fuck with spyware "drivers" like the PS3 controllers did?

DS4. Best controller layout and buttons.

The only acceptable answer is an arcade stick of your choosing.
Anyone giving any other reply is mentally handicapped (and handicapped in their method of input as well!)

Wired 360 controller
Warthog throttle and stick
Saitek pedals
I want to pick up a wheel soon but they are fuckign expensive if you want a H-shifter, sprung peddles and force feedback.

The wireless Logitech gamepad is horrible, connection issues out the ass. The wired one is sorta okay, a bit too much deadzone in the analog sticks but otherwise usable, if you really hate the 360 d pad or want symmetrical sticks.

What happened to the whole "thumbstick caps peeling off" thing?

As I read, you need to install a DS4Windows that makes the pc read it as a 360 controller and use its drivers, doesn't look like it has strings attached to it though.

Never happened to me. I dont abuse and scratch my thumbsticks.

I use an XBoner cunt roller. It's sexy and it works the same as my 360, so really all that changes is that it's not broken and it looks cool.

I use a saturn controller because just about anything that requires an analog stick is usually trash (a few exceptions).

I use a xbone controller, I dont own an bone but it was pretty cheap and wired when I got it.

Just buy a wireless Xbox 360 controller w/ receiver, op.

DS4 is fine too, but I prefer the Xbox 360 controller. Deciding which one is better is by no way an objective thing (I own both). In the end, I'd say you can't go wrong with either.

If you're thinking about getting a Xbone controller, keep in mind that the wireless adapter only works with W10.

I use a SNES controller hooked up via a USB converter for emulating. Those fuckers last forever. I couldn't imagine using some shitty third-party controller that only lasts a year or two

I think it was only the first run of DS4s that had that problem. I'd be careful about buying a used one

I would have recommended just getting a new 360 controller, but honestly, the buttons are starting to annoy the fuck out of me after playing on DS4. They're far too squishy, and take too long to depress, it's more difficult to rapid-fire button presses - which is important to have if you're playing older games. Even so, the DS4 buttons are bit too stiff for my liking. Maybe it's just because my PSP is so well wore in, and my DS4 hardly get any use, but the PSP's face buttons seem to float lightly in place, you can kind of rotate them with your finger, and they don't take much pressure to press - yet they still feel nice and clicky when you do press them. They are fantastic for PSX and older games.

Will the DS4's buttons get the same way with regular use? I seem to remember the PS2 & PS1's buttons always feeling spongy until the day they eventually went unresponsive.

Why don't more controllers have buttons that feel that good?

It's all about preference.

DS3 or X360 pads are excellent and usually cost the same. Pick up whichever you prefer.

DS4 and Xbone pads are a step above (haven't personally used Xbone pad though) but cost a bit more.

If you don't like the layout of either then what the fuck

I recently got a DS4. Had trouble getting it connected through Bluetooth (I could get it to connect but would get interference, your mileage may vary) but it works fine with the the official adapter they put out. I really like it, and if you're a steamfag like me you can use the built in support for it and don't even need to download DS4Windows/InputMapper. The only downside to the controller is if you want to use the light it will drain batteries quickly, but if you turn the light off (easy to do when using with a PC) then it will last all day easy.

Dual Shock 4
Using DS4Windows I made the back light turn to the color of the button I am pressing.

It's pretty unresponsive, but that's only because I have a cheap bluetooth dongle and the micro usb wire doesn't fit right so it easily comes out. Holding it felt a lot more comfortable than an xbone controller

I wanted to test the PS4 Controler but only the XBOX controler have the official buttons in the cutscenes and QTE in the games.

In tutorial they also will only show the xbox buttons, not the buttons of other controllers

Xbone. It's the 360 controller, but even more ergonomic and with a good d-pad

this

DS4

Just fucking clean it, you retard.

I use a 360 or wavebird for anything that need sticks but the 360 pad is getting old and I've been looking for a replacement.

The Wii U pro controller is great but getting it working on PC is a massive pain in the ass, also it will never look clean who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to put gloss on the face of a controller. I tried an Xbox one controller, It was literal trash. I hated how cheap the sixaxis felt, almost like it was going to fall apart in my hands. Dualshock 3 was a slight improvment but still not great. While I didn't like any of the first-party PS3 controllers I look forward to trying a Dualshock 4, although I hear they don't last long.

I use a Hori fighting commander for emulation of older games (six face buttons are great for sega stuff), platformers, 2d games, pretty much any thing that doesn't need a stick. It's comfortable, the d-pad and buttons really feel nice and it can also be used with the PS3 & 4. It's one of my all time favorite controllers.

It's technically a Dinput controller, so it's plug and play. Most modern games are xinput though thanks microshit, so you install the xbox 360 gamepad driver and a program like DS4Windows or Inputmapper, which converts it to xinput and allows you to use it with every game. Neither of those are spyware like Motionjoy. You can use it wired via micro-USB, or you can use it wireless with Bluetooth.

They've changed the rubber three times since release. Basically, autists with disgusting, nigger-tier fingernails or literal sonyggers would obsessively scratch at the thumbsticks, and the soft tacky rubber originally used was susceptible to tearing. This was not a problem with the vast majority of users, but about a month or so after release they upgraded it to a firmer rubber that was more tear resistant. This was a rolling change with no SKU alteration. They recently released a new revision of the DS4 (CUH-ZCT2), and the rubber formulation has changed yet again to combat the sonyggers dedicated to slowly chipping it apart with razor sharp thumbnails and OCD scratching.

You only need a $10 bluetooth dongle for a rock solid connection. Ensure that the dongle is plugged in to the front of your case, and that your case isn't under your desk. It should have a clear line of sight to the controller. You should be using generic Broadcom drivers instead of whatever shit was packaged with the dongle itself.

Nah, Bone is a downgrade from the 360 pad. Shoulder buttons that are 100% worthless and a d-pad that requires a shit ton of force to actuate, making it worthless for use as a primary control method. The "mushy" dpad of the 360 might be shit, but it's significantly less shit to use than the Bone's which was designed 100% for secondary features like weapon swapping and shit which is why the microswitches require so much force to depress.

They're built solid. Go order one off Amazon, they're cheap as fuck right now and you've got a 30 day no questions asked return window if you don't like it.

To be fair, I have tourrets, so when I click clack my thumb sticks in every cardinal direction I tend to hope that the thumb sticks can handle it. Thankfully the wired 360 controller has proven itself worthy of abuse in many situations except for the wiring directly above it. Though electrical tape and a zip tie fixed that. I miss the days when shit just didn't break. Nintendium was more than a meme. If I decided to get angry today and slammed my 360 controller on the ground like an autist that shit would probably snap in half. Meanwhile my SNES controller went through a fucking housefire and still works perfectly. I'm not even exaggerating, I just grinded off the burn craters and filled them in with filler material, sanded it, and the shit worked like nothing ever happened

Just physical tics or verbal too?
The 360 pad isn't bad at all, and would be my second choice behind the DS4. The revision 2 with the altered thumbsticks and dpad is pretty great, and the build quality is better than the xbone pad.

If you want a controller with nintendium build quality, the DS2 is built like a brick shithouse.

Physical only, I grew out of verbal. Also only .001% of people with tourrets actually curse, it's a myth. All I do now is just jerk my head in cardinal directions which causes massive migraines and possible brain damage at an early age. Believe it or not but the most effective method for treatment has been Indica so far. I'm still looking though Why is all of Holla Forums fucked physically in some way? I see faggots who have sever gum diseases and brittle bones and shit all the time.

Also I know what you mean about the 2 controller though. I used to rage with it all the time. Only problem are the convex thumb sticks though. I just can't like them after using concave. Especially after eating something slightly greasy or wet. The material on the thumb sticks are a pain to clean for some reason. I'll probably look around for some alt pads or something because I really need a controller with good direction pads and the other controllers I tried didn't cut it.

I'm the fag with constant kidney stone formation in my left kidney so there isn't a day that goes by that doesn't feel like I've got a burning knife in my side
Oh that's gross, don't get grease all over your controllers. Keep some wet wipes handy. I know what you mean about the DS2 sticks though, I prefer concave since I find using the rim of the stick more comfortable which is nicer when there's a sort of shelf built in.
Have you tried the WiiU Pro pad? Stick location is stupid, but you can get used to it. The dpad is very good.

Have you tried the WiiU Pro controller?

DS4 for 3D games, Saturn controller for 2D.

Well, since you're obviously a shit eater just get anything you get by that costs nothing.

DS4 is fucking garbage and the DS3 beats it easily.
DS4 is garbage, even the Xbone gamepad is better than that cramped toy feeling trash.

DS4 is decent enough

This is how you spot someone who has never actually used a DS4.

Amateur mistake, really.

I prefer the DS4. The Xbone controller feels like it's made for working class dudebros with massive hands.

Turn them on their side faggot

Kek

Was using a DS3 but shit started to crap out so now using some Afterglow controller. Its pretty good fits comfortably in my hands

DS4's top-tier

Having used both, I still prefer the layout of the Xbox controller.

DS4 is fucking trash

Perfectly reasonable opinion

This, on the other hand, is an example of someone who has never actually used a DS4 and is feeling insecure about his xbone purchase:

The second generation of ds4's are fine
t.someone else

Only thing I don't like DS4 controller is that the triggers are insensitive as fuck compared to ds3. Everything else is better but the fucking triggers ruin the whole thing

The triggers are actually extremely sensitive, there's just a moderate deadzone by default. Assuming you're using InputMapper, open up the profile page, go to axis tuning, and reduce the deadzone on each trigger until you're happy with it.

No lad, I have friends

No matter the Gen they're all trash
Even with he shitty thumbstick rubber replaced by a better one the gamepad is still fucking trash.

oh. I blame steam then. Guess I have to try out scp tool if that fixes them. Never heard of inputmapper

I can explain in great detail why the Xbone pad is inferior to the DS4, and I already have in this very thread. I can even prove that I have first-hand experience with both I actually bought them both at the same time with the intention of returning the one I disliked more.

Meanwhile you haven't made a single substantial criticism, just publicly shitting your pants. Quick, go google some outdated DS4 criticisms by xbone drones so I can soundly debunk them :^)

Surely the Xbone pad's microswitch D-pad is a plus? Not to mention buttons that actually match the prompts onscreen.

That's a point actually, how come nobody manufactures replacement DS4/DS3/whatever buttons that match the Xinput style?

Unfortunately, no. It's nice if you're exclusively using it for secondary shit like item swapping in a Souls game but the shoulder buttons are awful, which kind of fucks that all up, but as a primary control method the microswitches offer way too much resistance, so it's very uncomfortable to use, even compared to the 360 dpad. It was almost as uncomfortable as the Dreamcast controller's dpad.
Most good games allow you to mod that, but honestly that never bothered me.
Hilariously, they actually do: morbidstix.com/Xbox-360-ps4-buttons

Because it already is in the same style if you're Japanese. :^)

Xbone controller pretty much will be my goto from here on. I wanted to convince myself the PS4 one was better but it's not. Dpad on Xbone is godawful though, prefer the 360 dpad. Depends what you're using it for really.

Sure
At least you recommended a Wii U Pro so you don't completely lack a brain.
Still
WEW

I have a DS4, xbone, and steam controller. I use the xbone controller the most followed by the steam controller.

the ds4 controller just doesn't have any practical use in most games. For fucks sake the controller is dominated by crappy gimmicks that even ps4 titles don't utilize. The face buttons are spongy and unresponsive, and the analogs have way too much give. and those fucking triggers are abysmal. The only buttons on there that don't feel like shit are the r1 and r2.

I have no idea how the ds4 became the go to pc controller, it's total shit. I will give it credit, it's still an improvement over that fucking horrendous ds3 controller. The only pc controller i've used that felt cheaper than a ds3 controller was those shitty logitech wired controllers with no rumble so it's just this feather light piece of easily broken plastic.

sorry r1 and l1

Jesus Christ

No, not ever

does controller arguments count as console warring by proxy?

are we all being fags here?

Judging from the constant stream of wrong answers, I'd say yes.

Don't know what kind of broke-ass controller controller you used probably none, and you're just sitting here lying while I've proved that I've used both, but that's nothing like an actual xbone pad.

You still have not given me a single substantial criticism.

Top-tier ergonomics, perfect face button, trigger, and shoulder button placement.

I don't think so. This is the only Sony product I've purchased in like 16 years.
Yes.

why is it that every time I see that picture I start gagging. I don't even imagine the full image looks as horrifying as my mind pictures it to be.

Source please?

so basically you're just reiterating the exact opposite of what I said. That's not really a rebuttal, that more like you going "nuh-uh!".

I've already explained myself in detail. If you want to go the "nuh-uh" route, you're just saying the opposite of what I already posted hours ago.

Is that the rabbit hole you want to go down?

nuh-uh.

In the end, you're both still just controllerfags, so why don't you both just shut the fuck up?

What did you expect in a controllerfag thread, user?

I don't use a controller for 90 percent of my games, but the games that actually benefit from a controller far exceed anything a kb+m can do.

don't tell me you're one of those fucked up freaks that played emulated games with a keyboard.

no. i won't source these either.
they are both mushy, bizarre pieces of shit with no accuracy
comfy, but filled with gimmicks and a retard short battery life. also those triggers will break at some point, as they pivot on thin plastic pins that wear through
those fucking triggers, man. they fucking curve away from you when you apply pressure. who the fuck thought that was acceptable? god tier battery though, and cool pressure sensitive buttons. good for emulating PS2.

i mean, i genuinely want to know what your argument here is. we should only play fightan and all other genres are shit? or contrarian "you shouldn't use a controller on pc" bullshit?

If you're playing a game that's predominantly played with the d-pad, an arcade stick is a better method of input. Period.
If you're playing a game that "requires" an analog stick, either you're mistaken and playing something that you should be playing with a mouse, or you're using the wrong input method entirely.
But no matter what, if you're using a controller, you're not only wrong, but also kind of dumb.

nice meme kiddo

DS4 and Vita are the best due to having logical button and joystick placement along with extra features that don't get in the way. Every other controller since the SNES tries to set itself apart by being asymmetrical or having so many face buttons that you can't hit all the combos at once anyway, making them retarded.

The best controller to use is whatever one the game you're playing was made for (the N64 controller is a mess of wasted buttons, but if a game is made for N64 I'll still use it), but discounting that, DS4 is the best. Though I'll frequently use the Vita on remote play for actual PS4 games so I can make them handheld for the hell of it. It works almost as well and the touchscreen is better than a touchpad. Plus the rear touchpad is neat when used right. Otherwise you can use it for extra buttons.

The only other controller worth using is the Saturn 3D controller, if I need a controller with six face buttons, due to the game I'm playing being designed with that in mind. But frankly, four face buttons with four shoulder buttons is better than six face buttons and two shoulder buttons, because you can hit more combos. You can't hit A and C on a Sega controller without doing a claw, and that's obviously not intended, so the controller design limited devs in that regard, or forced players to use less ergonomic grips that are usually not intended. If you're gonna have six face buttons, you might as well just pack the whole controller with face buttons.

Gamecube's gimmick face button layout has the same problem. Can't hit B at the same time as X or Y without a claw. It's retarded, especially since the SNES already had the optimal face button layout. At least they finally made a good controller with the Wii U (and those Wii classic controllers). I'd say it's as good as DS4 except I don't think it's as easy to get going on PC, or that anyone has programs to let you use it to control the mouse and shit, like you can do with DS4.

Gamecube also has a shit d-pad, a shitty second analog stick, and only one Z button for some reason. Make it symmetrical, fags. My hands are symmetrical.

Xbox is asymmetrical and has a shit d-pad. Close, but no cigar. Dreamcast has a shit d-pad, is asymmetrical, and has only two shoulder buttons when its competitors had at least 3, but the VMU was cool. Xbox copied most of it, and fixed a bit, but then removed the best part, the VMU. Now how will I look at my cards in Sonic Shuffle?

I would pay $150 for a DS4 "pro" with a Neo Geo dpad and a bigger battery.

That would be 100% the perfect controller out of the box.

Sure lad, keep on shilling

Lol plebs
You'll never find the one by the same artist where the guy fugs his thicc cousin

Maybe if you're comparing it to the Dreamcast gamepad
2/10 review, needs more buzzwords

exhentai.org/g/859135/5c9ee68669/

Nuke your hard drive and use the scp driver
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

I use a 360 pad on PC, had it for a couple years now and it still works like I just bought it. Can't complain.

I chuckled

If you're playing Super Mario Bros with a joystick you're a retard. Not that that's the most retarded game to use it on, but seriously. Sometimes you want the precision in those four or eight directions and it's quicker and easier with a d-pad. This isn't as retarded as your next point though.

Maybe I just want to walk around in any fucking game that has me walk around. You're gonna tell me that WASD is actually better than having a single joystick controlled with a single finger that can give me way more precision with my direction and speed? You can probably get by, but you're retarded if you think this is optimal. Joysticks are the best thing we have for that at the moment.

Go have fun playing Jak & Daxter with WASD or a fightstick. Go play any racing game, you fucking moron.

What's the difference between these two? Outside of the grip, obviously. Also, is it any good for someone who doesn't really play fighting games? I mostly play arcade games, platformers, etc.
Also looking at a dualshock 3 to replace my dualshock 1 plus adapter, since the adapter keeps the rumble from working and all those analog inputs are intriguing. Not to mention it's a formfactor I know and love tolerate

DS4 is better than DS3 in pretty much every way.

And if you're playing platformers and shit and not fighting games, I don't know why you'd go for a six button controller.

literally why
It doesn't even have pressure sensitive buttons.

But that's just wrong. Have you ever even used an arcade stick before? As long as it's not some kind of joke like this one, stick input is equally precise in terms of directions and more mobile since you're not using only your thumb. Fucking git gud.

Yes. If I push W, I will instantly be moving precisely forward at full speed. I have no other reason to be moving in a less precise manner or at any lower speed.

>Go play any racing game, you fucking moron.
And that's exactly why I said you're barking up the wrong tree entirely. Racing games are played with a wheel, you fucking illegal immigrant. You use NEITHER an arcade stick nor controller for those.

the one on the right is the fighting commander 5, it's the newer version with native xinput PC support. The biggest advantage the one on the left has is an adjustable dpad.

Be aware, the DS4 is much easier to find and get working compared to the DS3, but it doesn't have the analog dpad/shoulder/face buttons.

I use this for all of the classic arcade titles like it should be used. Are you trying to play street fighter with it?

Only using your thumb is why it's better. If I want to press down, it's a single click moving only my thumb a tiny amount, as opposed to needing to move my entire hand.

In many games you would want to do that though. A fucking ton of games. Any 3D platformer, for example. Or basically any game where you walk around to any significant degree. Plenty of games require you to walk at different speeds in different situation, and rather than having to designate some other button and hold it while also using WASD to move at that speed, I can just use a joystick, which is also more precise and allows more variation in said speed.

And only being able to move in four or eight directions is not "more precise."

You clearly just only play a couple types of games and ignore all other genres.

Alright, but you ignored my Jak & Daxter example, proving my point.

Also, games where driving is important but not the entire game are still best done with a joystick, unless you want to switch input methods all over the place.

user, the only thing that piece of trash should be used for is as a fodder common ground PCB to make something better from.

Confirmed never touched an arcade stick.
It's much more imprecise, since it's highly unlikely that you can move your thumb in such a precise manner to get an exact direction with no deviation.
Also variation in speed? For what purpose? The only thing I can even think of is games that require stealth, and in those cases, there's no reason to move at anything other than a full run or maximum stealth speed. Two speeds, everything else is useful.
If they're good games, then the driving is accomplished easily with a mouse and keyboard. If they're not, why are you playing bad games?

and
I can think of no cases where a couple more inputs would be less beneficial. Sure, a lot of games only use 2-4 buttons, but occasionally they use more. Not to mention emulating Genesis and Saturn games.

I have to deal with directinput now, so it's not really a problem.
Not sure how useful that'll be, though. I'm contempt with the default, but maybe that's because I haven't had anything different.
Seems like I have no reason not to buy the 4

I have the one on the right, and I love that thing. I didn't like the fc4 as much because of the lack of symmetry. It just feels weird on anything other than a fighting game also I think it's going for like $60 more now.

F-310 because anons recommended it. D-pad feels wonky.
Almost got the red one instead for 5 buckaroos.

Uncalled for!!!

You might not need to move it much, but it's less than just your thumb.

But it's more precise than not being able to move in any direction other than eight pre-defined ones.

Platformers, for example. If you want to do jumps of different lengths you would want to push the joystick to different degrees.

This is the equivalent of controllerfags saying point and click adventures are bad because they aren't good with controllers. Everyone knows driving is shit with keyboard and mouse, but wheels aren't good for much beyond driving, so in a game with significant driving but not all driving, a controller is a better balance.

It's super useful if you're using it on PC, since it can be used for mouse functions.

They're not more inputs, they're just moved inputs. They're more useful on the shoulders.

However, yes, emulating systems with six button controllers would be better with this. In fact, now that you've mentioned that I might start looking into them.

yes and no. While I don't know how it maps in directinput (as a separate button or the same button), there's a switch on the back so the bumpers R1/R2 become L3/R3. So if the switch is set, each button has a use
That's my only guess for usefulness, except I have a mouse right here for that. Maybe if you're on a couch, or using a laptop

Doing it wrong.

Still using my old wired 360 controller. The neutral position on both analogs is almost 0.15 now.

Jesus fuck, this entire post. Do you livestream and wear low-cut shirts while you play, too?

No and **yes :^)*. How else am I going to record my dank webms?

Left click for Save State
Right click for Load State
Swipe left to start/stop OBS recording
Swipe right to screenshot

It's basically 4 extra buttons that don't take up important real-estate, since the new start/select locations are comfy as fuck and require minimal thumb movement.

Exactly as I expected from your kind.

You're a pleb

DS4 on my Win7/Linux desktop, Xbone S pad on my Win10 laptop since "it just werks". Sometimes I'll install the DS4 Xinput drivers on the laptop too if I ever need a second "xbox controller" to play shit with.

They're both good in their own ways. How the fuck did sony make the fucking perfect DPAD on the Vita and then NOT use it for the DS4? I'll admit that the original Xbone controller's DPAD wasn't very good, nor were the bumpers, but the Xbone S pad fixes pretty much every issue I've had with the original sans the deadzones on PC being way too larger.

I'm casual as fuck fam, what do you want from me?

Quads

Fuck, at least you made a pretty good post

I save state when I get up to take a piss, not every time I exhale.

To not be such a fucking casual.
remember when the worst thing to plague the industry was casuals, not politics and censorship?

Czech'd
Because Sony
I'm positive there are mapping utilities you could use to fix the deadzone issue with your xbone pad (or maybe it's only with the elite), although I'm pretty sure that huge deadzone is there to prevent stick drift.

I'm too old to git gud at the old as fuck 'arcade' balanced games I grew up with. I'm currently burning through all of the Genesis and SNES games I missed as a kid, so I'm save stating at the beginning of each level so a failure state just rolls me back to the beginning of that level. It'd take way the fuck too long to beat shit like Contra without doing that since I'm an RPG shitter.

Then stop playing video games. There's not even a point, you're playing games for the sake of playing games. Why? So that you can say that you did? You're sacrificing the main point of the game (challenge), leaving you with what, exactly?

Get out. Get out of my hobby.

Fun. As my backlog includes thousands upon thousands of games, I don't get anything out of mastering a game I'm going to play once and move on from forever when the skills aren't going to carry over to any other game, so "getting good" enough that I can beat each level without any save states during said level is good enough for me.

No :^)

fun
are you sure this is a hobby to you, or some kind of penance for failures in your personal life?

That's modern Holla Forums for you. Playstation-era kiddies who grew up being told more and more than video games should simply give you fun rather than be fun because of their challenges.
My earlier insult where I called people like you illegal immigrants was just for the sake of saying something different, but maybe I was onto something with your kind, who came to my hobby, refused to assimilate, and currently ruin everything and take away from something that was once good.

Shit, you got me user. I'm the reason you don't enjoy vidya anymore.

I'll be over here enjoying all of the fun that I took away from you

That pic would explain it well had the waiter not served fun in the casual part.
Look at modern call of duty for instance, you can find numerous videos of people playing through the campaign on the higher difficulties without ever shooting unless it's required to progress. There's no fun in that.

I have a wired 360 controller for PC games. Natively supported and wired for convenience. Though, I prefer the PS4 controller, and use that instead for some emulated games.

PC: xbox360 wired controller
PS4: the DS4 that came with the Pro

I mostly play JRPGs and VNs so I use never use mouse or keyboard anymore.

Keyboard on ZSNES.

PS1 came out in Europe in 1995. It's now 2017. You do the math user.

Yeah, this makes it much easier to play from the couch on my big tv. And I don't have to put down the controller to do shit. It's way better.

You can also map it to all sorts of other things if you want. Depends on what you want to do. I have some things set so I can switch to other windows and shit in case I want to pause and do something else for a moment, like checking if anyone's replied to my shitposts on Holla Forums. All from the comfort of my couch.

There's also upper click and double click. You can do a lot of different functions with it.

A lot of times I just put left and right click to Select an Start, to make up for the stupid placements of the actual Select and Start (sorry, Share and Options) buttons on the DS4. The actual buttons can then be used for other things.

Playing Contra with save states really does defeat the point. It's not a long game, and of course if you save state you can beat it very quickly. The whole point of the game is getting good. That's the fun. You're missing the entire point.

Kill yourself

Picked up a revised xbone pad for $40 off Amazon. Easily my go to for anytime I need a controller.

kys tbh fam

I really like the DS4s, just not the joystick layout.

If Xbone just had some of their controllers, but like 15% larger (They are literally and unironically making their controllers small so they are accessible to children) It would be the last controller I ever want to use.

Wipeout was great with a racing wheel. Especially in first person view.

Your mom was great in first person view.

WEW

mini version is better tbh fam :'^)

If I need a controller on PC I use the DS4. Space /flight sims I use the X52, and racing sims I use the G29. VR games Vive controllers. Everything else, mouse and keyboard.

Unless you're using Zsnes for a translated/hacked rom that won't play correctly you should really get SNES9x.

PS3 controller

Xbone controller. I want to get a DS4 one of these days.

Yo
Which Arino video is this?

It all depends on the model. MS doesn't say much about it, but the xbone controller has been revised twice. The newest one has built in bluetooth, a much better dpad, and the front bumpers are useful again. It's actually better than the DS4 in my opinion (I fucking hate that touch pad, I already have a mouse thanks). MS is desperately trying to get rid of the old versions, so be wary of sales.

I should also add to avoid the "wired for windows" version. It's a repackaged original version of the controller (complete with trash bumpers and a proprietary audio port), packed with what has to be the shittiest USB cable ever made.

Every Mad Catz product I ever had was clunky, squeaky, buttons sticky and felt like shit to handle. I'm amazed they're still producing anything.

xbox 1, good shit

I like the Pro. A lot of people bitch about it but hey not my fault if you were stupid enough to buy a console at launch.

Always jump in mid gen, just as I don't play games on release anymore. Calling it now: Switch v2 in 3 years.

Why would you hate a touchpad that is 100% out of the way, and can be used for macros? That's like hating a keyboard for having media buttons in an area that would otherwise be dead space.

Are you autistic?

I came to this realization after I did some critical thinking as to why finishing games today felt so empty, as if I didn't really didn't do anything and that it was just handed over to me. I wondered why I got more enjoyment from older games, then I came to the conclusion that the problem was challenge. And low and behold, it was just that. After research into game development and how games are made, I found out games today are made for the lowest common denominator, even games at the highest difficulty is just a facade.

Because difficult games don't have difficulty sliders, difficult games are technically designed that way from the beginning.

So I agree with what you've said.

Play better games. Most older (late 80s, very early 90s) games are artificially difficult because they were designed around masking their complete lack of content (can beat many of those games in an hour or two) and robbing the player of quarters. NES and Genesis had a lot of those games ported over, and they removed paying literal shekels for extra lives, and just threw a game-over screen at you. It was not a good translation, and it makes for shitty, shallow gameplay.

To expand on this, there are actually anons here (some in this very thread) who unironically lionize artificially difficult arcade games when they were the original pay-to-win games, in the purest definition of the term. Die? Pay a quarter to continue and avoid a failure state.

These same people will then complain about modern P2W games being cancer. They have zero self awareness.

All the of the arcade stick guys were beaten by a Sony DS4 user at the last Capcom Pro Tour, that's all you need to know.

Oh fuck off Nintendo, there is no fucking reason for that.

archive.fo/SNFLt

I use my DS3 with SCPtoolkit and it has worked like a charm from me so far.

how good is the battery?

FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

I have no idea, but if it's anything like the WiiU Pro pad it's probably pretty good.

They did it with the WiiU Pro controller as well, which (besides the shitty stick layout) was one of the reasons I didn't buy one. It only connects via bluetooth, just using the USB for charging purposes. Since I keep my PC on top of my desk, and my ideal position with a gamepad at my desk is in my hands under said desk out of line of sight of the dongle, the connectivity shits the bed (goes from 4ms in line of sight to spiking all over the place out of line of sight).

I'm sure it'll still be great for HTPC purposes on your couch, but BT only fucks it up for my personal setup. The fact that it's 55% more than a DS4 is alarming, but perhaps it has extremely good build quality to justify the cost (probably kidding myself on this, but one can hope).

I bet it's that same faggot again…
Yes, it's you! I knew it! Exactly the kind of person I'd expect to throw around meaningless buzzwords like "artificial difficulty".

The fact that you're still alive is proof that there is no god.

We have IDs, newfriend. Also, way to not dispute anything I said.

exhentai.org/g/786845/6cd937922d/

exhentai.org/g/786852/09e990c69b/

Rude

nhentai.net/g/127447/

Get that casualshit out of here. Bad enough we've got a spoonfeeding retard here.

IN YOUR HOUR OF NEED

Naw dude naw. Don't bring good cartoons into this.

At least I have my dignity.

This little nigga has been my trooper for going on five years now. Its survived being dropped, being in a flood, having a dresser topple onto it when I was moving, and still works perfectly. I seriously highly reccommend it.

Have you ever held it with slightly cummy fingers?

got the exact model? does it work on linux?

It's this thing: forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1485121-D3D11-Renderer-für-Gothic-2-(alpha)-20

I would wager it's shit and that user has bad taste/no frame of reference, but maybe it's actually good. Who knows.

I'm shit at ctrl+c apparently.

amazon.com/Nyko-Core-Controller-Color-Playstation-3/dp/B003G2Z4FK?th=1

More than slightly, baby.

Its a plain plug and play USB interface. I don't know about linux so I can't tell you honestly bit I would assume so.

frys.com/product/6350411?source=google&gclid=CJDbw6nJuNICFUaNfgodF8MDsA

The FC4 also has a rotatable dpad which people hate. I own 3 FC5, they're very much worth the $40 I paid to get them. No rumble, which is fine, and in return I get a pretty good dpad (though I think the one I've used the most is getting a little mushy which is concerning), the buttons aren't spongy (yet), the compatibility is stellar and having 6 face buttons means I can emulate Saturn games and not feel like a retard. And anyone who says you aren't supposed to claw on a 6 button pad should be shot. These things are comfortable enough to do that in fighting games and that's why they're that big. I used one to play some PSX titles that don't use analog sticks.

I thought the DS4 did have pressure sensitive buttons? Huh. I know the DS3 did.

Jesus fucking christ, kill yourself. A keyboard is better than a stick at that point, more keys to hit and you can hit any key combination you want.

What exactly does motionjoy do?
I was thinking about using it some time ago but saw posts urging against it.

ps3 has usb controlers?
I'm sold

Chinese spyware. Eats bandwidth because it has to connect online to enable your DS3 and steals your data.

Not official ones, but yeah there's a bunch of wired third party controllers that work on both PS3 and PC.

They're all shit, though

Good to know.
An alternative is in order then. If only I mange to install it.

While that is a truly valid opinion because I am sure you've tried them all, the Nyko PS3 pad is a marvel of withstanding damage, unless I am just extremely lucky. I have never had a fifteen dollar anything last for five years and counting, much less an electronic. This controller is seriously made of some old school Nokia shit.

github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/releases

Check the amazon reviews. I think you're extremely lucky.

You'll run into people with any really low quality product that seemingly luck out with solid build quality every now and then. Hell, I'm sure there's a couple hundred really happy Taurus/Jennings/Hi Point/Lel Kek owners out there.

Thanks.

It depends what console I'm playing on. I mostly use the default, but my saturn I just got the mouse and playing panzer dragoon zwei with that has been so cool.

Ibuffalo and Ps3 controller.
That's at all you need unless you are a Sega fag.