Live fast and die young, goy

Was it kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unironically your only actual purpose in life is to reproduce.

That's sexist. I just sent a report to your local police force. I hope you have a keyboard loicense, you bloody bigot.

So, did everyone skip the whole nihilism revelation or?

Fun is degenerate user, you may only drink mineral water while reading books nobody has ever heard of. Even though your body may crave hot sweaty sex with cute girls and the joys of song, dance and drink, what you really want is dry crackers and a youtube e-celeb video ordering you to do things

No retard, the point is that if you always actively pursue fun (immediate happiness) all the time, you will likely end up unfulfilled. Most immediate pleasures are like sugar: they can be energizing and sweet, but only on moderation

Is he right?

I know if I'd gotten some cooter in high school I wouldn't have shot it up

David?

literally bread and circus for the brain
enlightenment is achieved through taking LSD, experiencing ego-death and true introspection and reading a lot of philosophy and history

Life is short, consume more, goyim!

the brainlet here is you, because you are too terrified of your subconscious to take LSD
you'd rather stay traumatized forever, unable to move on

Not sure if the guy in this webm is trying to be satirical but I unironically enjoyed his rant.

I can astral project without taking cia mk ultra juice thank you very much

right that's why the feds cracked down on distribution of it so hard right? LSD unlocks the true recesses of the aryan mind and the sixth sense that fluoride is designed to suppress, it terrifies the jew.

I took DXM and it made me realize my life had no meaning and I wasn't aiming for a goal. It made me realize I need to spend more time with my family and love them. It made me miserable that I realized I was sitting in my room wasting my beautiful life playing some faggoty Nintendo game and watching cartoons like I was seven.
What can I expect from LSD?

All that, if it is still something in your subconscious that you haven't moved past. The real part is seeing with your own eyes that the entire world is made out of energy and we are capable of accurate premonition, remote viewing, astral projection, influencing others through thought and telepathic communication and realizing that so many aspects of modern society from the food we eat, media we consume, and ideas that are planted from a young age are designed to suppress this 6th sense.

What does all that stuff ultimately head towards, though? Like what is the conclusion, or does it depend on the person?

I wish I could try LSD, but I'm too afraid of getting v& to order it through Tor.

>he chuckles, goes "oh, you're one of those guys" and seems to imply he can get me some
Not sure if I missed my chance for some acid or if I dodged getting raped.

he's right though. street racing is just friction and endorphins

Nah, this is all complete bullshit. You were just really high and thought you were astral projecting when all you were doing was imagining. There have been dozens of scientifically controlled studies trying to demonstrate remote viewing etc. and no one can ever demonstrate it consistently. If it works, it always works, not just kind of works 1 time out of 100 tries. Everything is made of energy, but that's equivalent to saying everything is made of mass, since E = MC^2.

Psychedelics break down the barriers we construct between ourselves and the world as well as between objects in the world. Normally, you think of yourself as being "here" and other stuff being over "there". That's just a tree. That's just a rock. Who fucking cares? When you take psychedelics, you gain a sense of connectedness with everything. You realize that "just a" tree is actually made of the same atomic elements as you are, and is a living, "breathing" creature that has been on this planet for longer than you have. Your ego dies and you gain a better perspective on the relationship and interconnectedness of the universe as well as the connections between the past, present, and future. If you have a decent understanding of physics, try contemplating what your 4D shape is on acid.

Shut up, David.

Weren't there certain studies that showed in a way there is some sort of field that seems to translate to telepathy?

Look, Australians are mutating into frogs

the tool's greatest limitation is the user's imagination, user
clearly never got six pack abs from laughing at how absurd it all is while tripping tits with your boys

it leads to peace through the realization that you are a product of your environment and the environment can be shaped

there is, when you get tired around 941pm just remember those anons shitposting on Holla Forums

That's Johnathan Bowden. He's hamming it up for laughs, but he's serious.

Not really. Your brain does emit very low levels of electrical activity and this activity can be measured from outside the skull. That's what an EEG cap is, a bunch of electrodes touching the scalp, trying to read the electrical potentials seeping through the skull. These electrical signals are extremely weak, orders of magnitude weaker than the electical signals given off by your muscles moving - and those are orders of magnitude weaker than the signals given off by electrical wires and wireless raditaors like WiFi routers. That's why the electrodes have to physically connect to your scalp to read your brain's electrical activity - and this has to be done in a Faraday cage to filter out all the environmental EMF from the signal. Basically, your brain does emit a small electrical signal, but it's so weak, it's almost impossible to detect, even in a Faraday cage with high-sensitivity electrodes. And even then, there are issues with the quality of the signal, since it get blurred and smeared as it passes through your dura, skull, and layers of skin. Add to that the fact your brain is actually all folded up, so there's no way to trace back a given signal to a given part of the brain since overlapping regions all get mashed togehter. Then, add to the fact lots of important neural activity occurs in the midbrain, not the cortex, which is too buried in the brain to detect its activity.

I'm not talking about electrical signals, though. Some old philosophers used to theorize about aether, some vague field that affected what was put through it. Isn't there something with transmitted knowledge, like if you teach some monkeys in the East how to fish, monkeys in the West will naturally figure it out and start doing it?

Yeah, there were lots of theories like this until modern physics de-mystified the nature of matter/energy.
There's no scientific evidence of this other than genetically-encoded knowledge. For instance, 20 minutes after a calf is born, it's up and walking around and drinking milk. Walking and drinking and social interaction are generally learned behaviors for humans, but they're genetically encoded behaviors in animals. It's possible to transmit knowledge in this sense, but not between two living animals on opposite sides of the planet, no.

But a lot of their vague theories were trying to realize spirituality and science. It's not like they thought gravity was a magical essence from a godhead. They were trying to explain things that couldn't be understood from a typical perspective.

True, but there could also be another field. One we can't find with our current microscopes or telescopes. What if there is a sort of memetic field distanced from hard science that can change and affect things?

People like you are exactly why this world is wrong.

There could be another force that we haven't measured that influences things, but it adds an unnecessary layer to explain things. Let's say I open a door. We can fully explain/predict/model that event in terms of the mass and inertia of the door, the friction from the hinges and air, the magnitude of the force I apply to the door, the rigidity of my applied pressure, etc. Everything about how the door opens, from the speed to the distance it travels to how much pressure I'd have to apply etc., can be easily understood with physical equations. You could add an additional layer of complexity to it and say there was also an "unmeasurable force at play", but that doesn't actually buy us any predictive power. We can already predict all physical interactions with physical equations, so there's no need to impose an additional vague set of laws.

And somewhere, some millenial shithead actually believes this and takes this to heart

But we're not talking about doors, faggot. We'r enot talking about physical interactions. I'm specifically talking about things that can't be explained with science.

Like what?

Why we exist, that's always a popular one atheists can't answer.

Metaphysics. I get "i am a nigger so i think this way because of my dna and hormones" if that's what you're talking about, but there are stranger things happening. The Mandela Effect. The apparent telepathy that's been shown in the Ganzfeld experiment. The subconscious knowledge that seems to exist slightly above everyone.
I'm not trying to throw science in the bin, but there are a lot of things that seem to hint to something larger, like the soul, consciousness, being.

This has nothing to do with physics not being sufficient to explain a phenomena, this is just a a gap in historical knowledge.

This is a psychological phenomenon that has been widely studied and generally understood. You can bias people's false memories, as well as induce these "Mandela effects" scientifically. It has to do with the stochastic and template-like nature of memory encoding. There's nothing about false memories that is a mystery to psychologists, and no psychologist imposes metaphysical theories to explain these memory effects, since they can be re-created and manipulated in scientific settings.
This study has been destroyed dozens of times over. It lacked literally every basic scientific control necessary to draw a scientific conclusion about the hypothesis. People have re-created the study dozens of times with tighter controls, and every time the experimental design is improved to remove confounds, the effect dissapears. Again, if it works, it works all the time. The more you control for external factors, the stronger your effect should be. In these studies, the more you control for external factors, the weaker the effect becomes. It's a classic demonstration of a study being explained away by simple design flaws.

Maybe I'm wrong and need to read into it more, but those were just some offhand examples.
There is a certain aspect of life we're missing. Maybe you could properly describe it in scientific terms, but at the moment we can't. There is some otherworldly shit going on that we don't properly understand. That's all I'm trying to say.

If science is real then why is it all euphemism for occult spirituality?

Literally everything is physical. So any laws that govern how a door moves also govern how an atom splits and also govern how your neurons fire. It's all the same universe made of the same matter/energy governed by the same laws.

I'll help you out since you seem like a nice, open-minded user. Here's something that we don't properly understand: consciousness. It's clearly linked to the brain but it seems… unnecessary. No one has any clue how or why things with brains gain a subjective experience of the universe. And what is it about a brain that induces experience if it's just made of basically the same stuff as any other part of your body? At what point does a bundle of atoms go from being a bundle of atoms to a fully-conscious bundle of atoms? Now that's a big unknown for scientists.

If the occult is real then why do none of your magic spells work?

Science is a method of testing a particular hypothesis.

Right, but that doesn't really beat what my argument is about. I'm saying there are things we can't quantify at the moment. You seem to want to keep people sitting in a thunderfoot-tier hugbox only talking about chemicals and shit. I'm not trying to insult you, you obviously know your shit, I'm saying real niggers should look into shit beyond carbon and petri dishes.

This is pretty interesting. Do you think a computer could ultimately become self aware?

Unfortunately, since scentific hypothesis testing is tied to the physical world, there's no scientific way to study something a-physical. I don't even know how you'd study something that isn't physical, especially something that we have no idea what it is beyond a vague, insinuated gestalt. If you could figure out how to study something that can't be quantified, you would be making a massive contribution to humankind. I'm not trying to keep anyone trapped, by all means, try to escape. Just let me know if you figure out how to break out of the physical universe.

I think about this all the time. I have no idea but I don't think so. It seems like there is something about brains, specifically, that is needed for consciousness. But, then again, there is clearly at least one particular arrangement of atoms that can give rise to subjective experience so who's to say there isn't another arrangement that does something similar?

So you've got nothing.

I have nothing but a desire for you to get a dictionary to look up what "euphemism" means so you can understand that your question literally makes no sense.

That's why I like people who theorize beyond the shit we know. They're throwing darts in the dark, but once we hear a 'thud' we can at least assume it's vaguely in the direction of a dartboard.

Why not? Is there something above the atoms that we're made of that adds a certain something? Is there something that can't be specified with pure science that makes us greater than the sum of our parts?

Nothing like the results of your spellcasting?

The issue is, you never "hear" the "thud" because those are physical dimensions. In your metaphor, the dartboard can't be seen, but it also can't be heard, felt, or even proven to exist. We're throwing darts into the dark and we have no idea where - or even if - they're landing. That's what makes the metaphysical so difficult to grapple with.

This is what keeps my almonds activated on a daily basis. On one hand, it doesn't seem like there is. If I inhale a bunch of Nitrous Oxide, I lose consciousness. We know the physical action of NO2 on neurons, we know which parts of the brain (roughly) are affected by the gas, and we know (roughly) the amount of NO2 needed for someone to lose consciousness. So, in this sense, it seems like consciousness is just a product of the chemical/electrical activity of your brain. Change the chemical make-up, and change the consciousness. This is also apparent when you take drugs. Drinking alcohol changes the chemical balance in your brain, and that change induces changes in consciousness. So, from this perspective, it seems like consciousness is pretty clearly tied to your brain. You can get shot in the arm and it doesn't change your consciousness, but get shot in the frontal lobes and you'll be a completely different person.
On the other hand, it seems exceptionally bizarre that your brain creates this subjective experience, that seems to be qualitatively different than the way a plant "experiences" sunlight, for instance. Since everything is made of atoms, how is it that some very specific arrangements gain an additional property like consciousness? Reducing it down to "these brain regions are necessary for consciousness" doesn't seem satisfactory, because it still doesn't tap in to why.

Hedonists need to be genocided.

But what about human achievements? Civilization? Wonders?
Are they worthless next to a fork in beef?

Are you seeing why this question doesn't make sense yet?
First of all, science isn't "real" or "fake". It's not a belief system. It's a method whereby you can introduce a controlled change to an aspect of the environment and measure its subsequent effect as a means of testing the likelihood of particular models. There's no "real" or "fake" about it.
Again, this isn't a question, it's a statement posed as a question. Lots of early scientific/"enlightenment" thinking came from mystery schools, who concealed their mathematical and physical knowledge to escape persecution from the Vatican-dominated society. What you call "occult spiritualism" is just early attempts at science and mathematics. But they're not identical and one is not a substitution for another. It's like saying chemistry is a euphemism for alchemy. They have similarities, but they're not interchangeable fields of study nor simply euphemisms for the other.

You're probably right on the first point. It was just an example though. The dart isn't literally a dart.

As to consciousness, have you ever taken any drugs? Consciousness is tied to our brain in a way, but it's also very separate. Like you said, it's not satisfactory to say "this part of the brain is you". It seems more like a greater overall being that doesn't seem possible with just a binary 1 0 atom-made computer that our brain is supposed to be.

I'm using life in the most literal terms here (e.g. DNA). Any achievement is useless if you don't reproduce, since there will be no future generation to appreciate the achievement and your civilization will be gone.

Basically this guy is useless

The fedora levels in this thread are too damn high.

Yeah, a lot of them.
I wouldn't say it is "very seprate". There is no compelling example of consciousness existing separate from a
brain, and there is lots of evidence that consciousness is always tied to neural activity.
Our brain isn't really 0 1 binary. Action potentials are binary (a neuron is either firing or it is not), but the result of that firing is highly variable (the amount of neurotransmitters released, the number of dendrites it contacts, the rate at which it is active, the resting potential of the surrounding neurons, etc.). The brain is the most complicated thing we know about in this universe and, while we understand how single neurons work very well, we have a very tenuous grasp on its functioning in a meta sense. This is largely due to our inability to a) measure human neural activity on a fine scale and b) the computational limitations of modern computers.
It's something to weigh with both hands. On one side, you clearly need a brain to be conscious and altering the brain clearly alters consciousness. On the other side, it's not clear ''at all' how a phenomenon like experience spontaneously emerges from a blob of fat, protein, and blood.

Biologically, he was a dead-end.

To be fair, you have to have a pretty IQ to understand this thread.

We need to rescue these voluptuous anons from the demonic forces of the occult and judeo-atheistic scientism tbh, famalam.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder tbh

Can't that be reduced to binary though?
I have no more arguments but you're pretty interesting so keep posting.

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf

VERIFIABLE UNDENIABLE FACT.

REAL HONEST DISCLOSED DOCUMENTS YOU UNWASHED APE. FUCK OFF.

The fact of the matter is, there are things in this world that are real and uncomfortable to think about. Deal with it.

I suppose you could reduce it to binary states, but I don't know that it buys you much more explanatory power. It's a complex (in the mathematical, not linguistic, sense) dynamic system so the concept of "on" and "off" states just don't seem quite correct, but if it helps to think about it like that, then you could make it work.
Hmmm, I guess I don't have a lot else to say. If you're interested in neuroscience and the relationship between neural activity and consciousness, I suggest looking into studies on "blind sight". So far, I've talked about how the brain is inextricably connected to consciousness, which is true, but it's not the whole truth, since brain activity also occurs that induces no clear changes in consciousness. For instance, people who have large-scale damage to their primary visual cortex go blind. These are the second and third relay neurons that take inputs from the eyes. If they get destroyed or deactivated (you can freeze neurons with liquid nitrogen and they'll temporarily stop activating), you go blind. Simple enough. However, some people can detect the motion of objects even though they can't see. So, for example, you sit someone down who is blind from brain damage in front of a computer and you show an array of dots moving to the left. If you ask them "what do you see?" they'll say "nothing, i'm fucking blind". BUT, if you say "I want you to simply guess what direction the dots moved", people with visual cortex damage can perform around 70% correct on a left-right discrimination task - even though they say they're just guessing and can't see a fucking thing. This is because there are connections in the visual thalamus (part of your midbrain) that bypass the early visual regions, and project directly to areas like hMT+, which process visual motion. So your brain knows which direction the dots were moving, because that visual information still reached your visual motion processing parts of the brain via short-cut pathways that bypass the early processing stages. However, the blind person's conscious experience is completely unaffected and unaware and they never have a sense that they're even looking at anything. So these are people who are conscious, but blind, but still able to "see" basic patterns, even though they don't have conscious access to that "sight". Fucked up, right? There are lots of things going on in your brain that are just really fucking complex and difficult to imagine how they all tie together, which is why I'm so interested in it.
Another fun tangential almond activator for you to kick around is free will. Free will is an idea that is super-imposed onto conscious objects, but not everything. It's another one of those "how-do-atoms-gain-this?" type of question. Personally, I can't think of a compelling argument that we do have free-will, other than the fact that it feels like we do. If I drop a ball from a table, it always falls the same way. If I mix oxygen and hydrogen in a particular way, I always get water and I always get the same amount. In this sense, the physical world seems to be deterministic. If I could know the exact state of every atom in the universe at a given time-point, theoretically, I could predict the future and past, just by applying my understanding of how atoms interact. But it doesn't feel like everything is per-determined, so what's really happening?
Here's an example. I can think "i'm going to pick up this cup" and then do it. Now, I could argue that I have free will because I decided to do it, I imagined doing it and then I did it. If I didn't have free will, and I was simply destined to pick up that cup because that's the way the ball falls, it's very odd that I was able to consciously predict the future before it happened. On the other hand, how the fuck do atoms gain the ability to control their movement? A ball is not able to turn-left mid-bounce on a whim, but I am able to walk left or right out of my door way on a whim. Trying to resolve the deterministic, physical nature of the universe with the subjective experience of "will" is just as mind-bending as the consciousness question itself.

Subject responds to electromagnetism.

Subject posts on Holla Forums while being subject to TV

Yeah, it's called visible light. Your eyes are exceptionally sensitive to it.

You are sensitive to electricity exciting molecular crystal structures.

Philosophy major detected. You are a moron

Biology major, but any good biologist finds themselves addressing these kinds of questions. But I agree, I am a moron. Luckily for you, I love to learn so why don't you enlighten us all?

What gives one cluster of atoms the ability to choose their movement while the majority of atoms are subject to deterministic mechanisms? If everything is subject to mechanical determinism, why have subjective consciousness at all? If you have no control, why posses the subjective experience that you do?

The tender science.

Remain contextual

There isn't. Everything is determined by the state immediately before it. You with complete knowledge of the universe, you can predict the next state. The only thing that matters, the first choice that started all, has already been taken long ago, and everything that happens is a complete consequence of it. Free will is the illusion you get when you center around the immediate.

God, I fucking hate that guy.

He doesn't even know you exist.

Oh no! What else does he not know exists?

I know how that is. I have the same effect on random spics for some reason.

They're not completely wrong, but you can't have fun and be happy without being productive.

But I still love it.

The Secret is retarded and gay

I plan on living slow and dying young, just because I see no plausible enjoyment in life in decrepit old age. I think it's an unnatural and ungodly blight on the modern era that people live so long. Dying at 40-50 should be the average, you've physically reached your peak by then and it's only downhill from there.

What?

How? I thought a meme was the most basic element of an idea. Wouldn't "the 1st meme" be a pre-history oral tradition?

An atheistic explanation would be that it was an accidental effect of the interaction of numerous processes that made a particular species of primate more biologically viable. As in: it caused the creation of more of said primate as well as survivability and adaptability.
An creationist explanation of this was that it was the intention of a higher being to make other beings that had some part of whatever made it so special. Maybe as dolls, playthings, slaves, or loved children of some sort.

What if all of your brain is you? What if it's not the cells themselves but the interactions of said cells that are you?

And yet his discovery's and achievements likely aided the survival of the entire human species more than most.

It could be a biological quantum-computer.
and both 1 and 0 at the same time.

You're a fag.

Might've been physical objects.

I don't want my mind expanded. I want to live in blissful ignorance.

life's purpose

no

you're saying this acting like you are any better. Watching youtube videos all day isn't being productive. You won't have an impact on the world, and you definitely will never produce children. What you all day is the exact same as what fun-loving people do, except there's no fun because instead of socialising doing something new every night you're doing the same thing over and over just looking for that quick dopamine release of finding something new, like one of your subscriptions on youtube releasing a new upload

I spend my a lot of my free time learning the secrets of the world around me, and other fringe topics. Try again, normalfag.

this. 7 layers of hyper reality is too much already. thats why i drink.