*RUINS YOUR NOSTALGIA*

*RUINS YOUR NOSTALGIA*

Other urls found in this thread:

readyplayerone.wikia.com/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What nostalgia ? It's a cheap cashgrab movie.

Honestly the concept is kind of cool and the trailer I saw a few weeks ago looked alright. I hate when a trailer outlines the entire plot to where I feel like I dont even need to watch it to know what happens. That one left me wondering. I should know better than to be hopefull about any new film but I really wanna watch kino in a theater.

The whole "idiots on phones" poster got me thinking, so the plot is kinda relevant. I just wish the actors were NEET-tier because if you lived on the internet you tend to be a lardass, beanpoll, alcoholic, or some other 50 shade of fucked up.

This has to be the bottom of the barrel.

Can we officially state that this crap is ground zero for amerimmutt cinema? I don't think it can't get any worse. Maybe more deviant and political, sure. But this shamefully idiotic, it simply can't.

Do not underestimate the american jew. His ability to ruin things knows no bounds.

I mean, was it ever good? The whole usage of a shitty but interesting car as a time machine was basically a joke.

American engineering at its finest.

Was that the movie based on the cringey book with the lesbian h4x0r nigress sidekick?

Throwing a bunch of references shoehorned in for "oh I get that reference" response doesn't do shit for nostalgia

Some nerds at my work were reading this book said it was good. Any fa/tv/irgins who can tell me if it's worth pirating?

read Mein Kampf instead.

This movie will flop so hard its not even funny.

It's that or Infinity War. I may not like Call Me By My Name or Moonlight or whatever hip new indieshit is propped up by critics but at least they have a story that doesn't fall apart when you take out the CGI.

If you want a window into the mind of a bugman I guess. It's just references to other sci-fi and fantasy properties chewed up and vomited back up in your mouth like a mama bird feeding her young.

I doubt it. This shit will sell like hotcakes just like capeshit and then it will be Ready Player Two. This is what people want.

I haven't watched capeshit since halfway into spiderman 3, but I reckon even a cretin comic book film should contain more stories than a string of bazinga-tier references.

Did bookanon survive trying to finish the book or did he succumb to alcohol poisoning?

The pinnacle of Western literature. You should start reading it immediately.

Within five years, something much worse will come out

Gonna need to be a bit more specific there.

I'm disgusted and fascinated. This is the first time I've wanted to read a book to see how shit it is.

Don't. An user here tried and finally gave up when he got too drunk to continue.

It's literally a money laundering operation facilitated by bots and government lobbying.

Jesus fucking christ, and I thought We Are Legion (We Are Bob) was already mediocre af.

It's distilled reddit, your colleagues are cancerous faggots.

Holy shit, I'm confused.

I didn't think there'd ever be a worse insult than prepz.

Don't think too hard user, just enjoy the masterful prose.

What was he doing?
lol, he doesn't know.

This is the worst fanfiction.net I've ever read.

What's wrong with it? Itbwas a well written book. Best book I've read in a while in fact even though it was almost 2 years ago now I read it.

It's a small miracle you can read at all tbpfh.

I finished it the next day.
It was just as awful as I remembered.

Holy crap, are you sure it was not written by (((Friedberg and Seltzer)))?

Neh, tumblr did that in the current year.

If you enjoy slogging through large paragraphs of nothing but mishmashing and explaining pop culture references, more power to you. I find it tiresome and cringey.

ACHTUNG! CANCER ALERT!

ACHTUNG! CANCER ALERT!!

are these new memes?

The nuclear holocaust can't come soon enough.

The concept is b r e d d y g u d, too bad the material they're working with is atrocious.

It's strange, there's tons of stories like with the same concept which they haven't adapted to the movie screen.

are you black?

Please invade China

GET FUCKED KID

I think the part that pisses me off the most is the don't even stick to the 80s. They make references to fucking firefly and the iron giant

It's a particularly shitty instance of LitRPG, and LitRPGs are very shit to begin with.

What the fuck is up with that? The Matrix came out in 1999.

There's literally nothing wrong with parody posters.

t. >>>/reddit/

I finished it after sobering up the next day:

I deleted my copy afterwards so it wouldn’t pollute my hard drive anymore.

Glad your survived the ordeal. You did all of us a great service.

I remember mainly horrible details from the book and typing the words “fucking” and “cancer” a lot. Very insightful commentary for such shit.
Thanks for worrying about me. I forgot about it until seeing this thread and some of the screenshots. There is still more garbage not captured in this thread if you guys feel like pirating and reading it yourselves, shit on just about every page. Never pay for this shit, though. The soy boy who wrote it already has enough cash from reddit.
I’m not looking forward to this shit coming out as it has a big enough base to not bomb like it should, like femGhostbusters.

There’s a lot in this world that’s horrible and this is just yet another example of the rot in our culture.

How fucking desperate is Spielberg. Nobody saw his last 20 films, so he decided to how do you do, fellow kids and direct the most reddit thing in existence. In fact, that was probably the pitch.

It's Yamato, Macross and GoLion, you normalfag dilettante pleb

That main guy looks like he was ripped straight out of Legend of Dragoon.

You realize China will lap this up more than anyone, right?

How do you go from this

to THIS

What was your point, again?

Munich was legit. The others are still decent

all shit

t. neckbeard

most of what you listed is garbage tbh fam

t.reddit
kys

t. ebin contrarian

t. asshurt goy

see

LOL

>>>/killyourself/
>>>/reddit/

War of the Worlds was such a fucking shitshow. Instead of making the POV army men, especially officers at high command and making the whole thing one big battle they turned it into a family road trip, with that ugly little goblin screeching every five minutes.

Military shit is so fucking boring.

The Matrix is officially the last event in pop culture that anyone gives a flying fuck enough about to bother referencing

ahem

Is this guy the official cucked evil white male villain?

So I was able to find a free mobi and read just a few pages in. The first page had a fucking ghostbuster's "cats and dogs" quote. Not too far in and I can already see the basic structure of his writing style. He seems obligated to reference 80's things at about 1-2 pages apart. There is not even a good description; just namedropping something famous. The only pertinent information that I found necessary to explain is Adventure being the first video game easter egg since that fits within the story and would get people who aren't knowledgeable about video games needed info.

The creator, Halliday, is suppose to be eccentric but sounds about just the same level of verbiage as the writer. The writing itself seems about on par with the average YA novel, this coming from someone who hasn't read much current YA novels and just going off the many movies made off them.

I'm only at 11 pages in and it's hard to tell how bad it will get but that style of namedropping is very annoying. So far I've got: Ghostbusters, Zapruder film, Oingo Boingo's "Dead Man's Party", Heather's movie (1989) [mentions Winona Ryder and Christian Slater and John Hughe's teen film], The Muppet Show (t-shirt), Atari 2600 and Adventure (mentions the infamous dragon looks like a duck line), Zenith Television. Then he just dumps a list of stuff on the page I left off on with stuff like: Apple IIe, Commodore 64, Atari 800xl, TRS-80 Color Computer 2, scene identical to the Jeff Easley painting for the cover of Dungeon Master's guide, a dungeon & dragons rulebook published in 1983. It's hard to say how bad the entire book is but the flat writing style and namedropping is already giving me warnings to not go further.

So who is responsible for the modern faggotry of reference=wit?

at least he gets to be a character in Battlefront

Is that Bjork?

There is a clear line of quality between his movies before that film and after it. Out of everything he made afterwards, the only one that seemed to be a huge hit similar to his past works is Saving Private Ryan. Everything else was a range from mediocre to okay.

Lord of the Rings and the prequels, even if people remember them to bitch. Everything from the latter half of the 00s onward can barely be remembered. Especially with a decade of capeshit barrages.

Probably Seth MacFarlane with Family Goy

Probably Seth MacFarlane with Family Goy

Finish it, faggot.

I had to listen to a lot of it on audiobook because of soy roommate. You haven't even seen the worst of it.
I hope most of you realize that it's pure predictive programming. The world is a shithole so everyone self-soothes with shitty pulp media in VR and it's presented as a good thing. Absolutely disgusting.

NIPPLE

Say it with me folks!
CAPITALIST KINO!

How haven't you killed your roommate yet?

DISTILLED REDDIT

Holy shit.
That's really not that bad.

united states of america

tell him to read Culture of Critique

wrong

you're

At least those are parodies, Reddit Player One seems to be completely serious.

Makes sense, he tried to become a "super serial" director after the (((Shindler's List))), before that everything he made was just well made entertainment flicks. He even made a remark how they released Jurassic Park prior to (((SL))) specifically because he could have never made it after the List. He hasn't made a single fun movie after it, all his films since then are Oscarbating mediocrity.

No wonder normalfags love it. It's their wet dream.

eww

This is not even the worst. RPO is supposed to be his good book. His second book, Armada, is the one that the fantards thinks its shit.

Was he a Soyboy?

It's less a wet bream and more a shot of manufactured joy in a world of destitution.

Proof eva is still normalfag free

God help us

I feel like this could actually be an effective dystopia story in the right hands. The idea of a future where everybody is obsesses with nothing but puerile pop culture garbage, is actually quite horrifying.

It's mentioned in a later chapter.

readyplayerone.wikia.com/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion

Not just that but pop culture garbage that is decades old. They really, really don't understand why people liked stuff that came out in the 80s.

He did write a dystopia, it's just all in the backgroud where the author doesn't really realize the implications of what he wrote.
There's bandits roaming the land between major cities and you need to take armored buses to make it through, there's been major wars (mushroom clouds are mentioned briefly when the MC is barely paying attention to the news before slavering over more internet news), there are constant brownouts in the US (though it doesn't impact MC's gameplaying), there's food rationing, there's so much shit going on in the background that the author doesn't really think about the impact of because he is too busy masturbating to the VR bullshit he wrote.

Oh, I think he understands it perfectly. He actually wants a world where everyone but him and people like him die horribly but not in a way that interferes with his soy lifestyle.

That wiki is useless; almost all it is is a enormous list of references but no information about the world.

Sounds 100% on point then.

People whose only culture is pop culture

i'll pay to see a movie where Ted is the main villian

FIFY

Do you think /ourhackfrauds/ will like it?

I expect them to suck it off harder than they did The Force Awakens.

So it's like A Clockwork Orange but instead of the Ludavico Technique it's soy injections.

That's the future the jews and their lackeys want for us: sedated with drugs like VR while everything they don't control collapses, the death of free thinking while they control non jews like the cattle they view us as.

All of that is happening yet you can still have pizza delivered to your doorstep. This is what happens when worldbuilding is left in the hands of a soyboy leftist, they have no capacity to understand cause and effect.

Tbh at first glance I thought it was 100% ironic, the inconvenient anime or pipe strip equivalent in book form, shitting on pop culture and the clown world we live in.

I wish to God I had a time machine so I could go back and beat him to death before he wrought this upon us.

Viggo, Mads, only your Danish existentialism can save us!

>>>/reddit/
>>>/killyourself/

HAHA OOPS GOTTEM

/soyboys/
And don't come back

lel

This is like the marijuana wax of reddit. Concentrated into it's most distilled and unadulterated form.

Is this literally all references? I was thinking about giving this movie a chance but now I'm not so sure…

Yes.
t.

Fuck. Guess I'll have to suggest something else then. One or two references is fine, but I'm not paying to see that.

bump

I really hope we have a camrip stream of this.

Capitalism Working as Intended.

it actually is

WHY
WHY WOULD GOD ALLOW THIS

is this a good movie to see?

It's the work of the devil obviously.

Remember when posters used to be cool and intriguingly vague?

Attached: back-to-the-future_a-G-13085417-0.jpg (327x488, 34.79K)

I would actually add in Spider-Man and the Dark Knight trilogy too. Anything else from the 00s?

I hope they stayed away from this then.

DFW is going to rise from the dead and eat these people

LotR and capeshit are adaptations of much older material, though. Granted, Nolan Bat etc seems downright revolutionary compared another "Best Marvel Movie to Date" coming out every three months like clockwork. Incredibly, the situation will probably be even more dire in another ten years.

Atomized consumerist lifestyle where even your identity is nothing more than an affectation cobbled together from bits of pop culture rising from the ashes while the earth burns must be the soyboy utopia.

Youtube will have completely supplanted traditional media by then, most likely.