'"""Realistic"""" Ideal console/handheld thread

Post 'em.
Please don't post the cybermatrix. ;^)

it's fucking shit user

Specifics, faggot?

Nah

apart from the battery life and the split d-pad this is my dream handheld

The answer is no. Either make a console or a handheld, you have to sacrifice to much in a hybrid.
Maybe when internet speeds aren't shit we can have some type of remote login device.

Faggot

my ideal console likes cooking, long walks on the beach, and is a love machine.

hola paco

What the hell are you talking about? The thing in the OP is definitely a handheld.

"hi user"

Find me a 3 inch 780p screen.

That's for fags though. The man wants a real waifubot.

Take a phone or a tablet sized device. 1080p screen.
Add a quality bluetooth controller with some kind of dock. Perhaps an expanding claw like the Moga Hero, or a magnetic clasp on the iPad smart cover, or something.
Make both charge off of micro USB to avoid USB C conflagarations.
Increment both devices every two years with slightly increased clock speeds and RAM and whatever. Full backwards and forwards compatibility.
1080p, 60fps are the minimum requirements for platform certification.
Free online, built-in browser and shit. Custom social media app and service too because Miiverse was fucking fun
Micro USB to HDMI out if you want to play on TV.
Also works as a basic desktop PC when plugged in via HDMI if you want. Web browser and LibreOffice suite and shit is on there. Because why not?
Bam. Pocket PC and gaming device.

what better than switchdoge?

she's tiny, cute, plays vidya, and has rumble.

first out of a few ideal concepts:

XPERIA PLAY 2

This thing but with modern modifications:
>720p screen to compensate for SoC and Battery performance (720p is still HD tbh)

The D-Pad is rubbish, ain't it. I know I'm getting a second controller with a proper D-Pad for that one.
Fucking Nintendo, just mug me around the corner already!

Yes, just like first is definitely a console, and second is definitely a handheld.

we can all post our ideal phones, but theyre never going to happen.
I actually owned an XPlay for a while and we had a love-hate relationship, so I can maybe offer some insight

If these issues were fixed it would be worth having, but I'd rather just have an amazing handheld and keep the phone seperate.

Anyone remember the console that the "bob's game" guy tried to make?
It was basically going to be one of those 128 in 1 chink games but with the ability to upload games to a market of sorts, he wanted it to be like a toy you could buy at mall kiosks and shit, or a much cheaper dingoo.

only downside is the fucking memory card

For what purpose? Do you expect that people are just going to whip open their fanny packs and grab a Scrabble tile to slap onto their console? You need to have customization options in order to justify that and that just can't be a flat, sliding stick and a clicky, "precision" analog stick. It needs to add substantial difference.
Ridiculous. Physical games have little purpose in the modern world with telecommunication system drastically improving. All there needs to be is an SD card slot.

Obviously there would be more than one option other than the ones shown. That's why you have it interchangeable.
It says "flash or cartridge".

it's a worse-engineered GBA SP. why not just fucking buy an SP and install a raspberry pi in the body?

It's also it's own controller. I'm actually a fan of d-buttons anyways because I find that dpads tend to act wonky.

Sorry, I'm straight.

okay, then install your make-believe computer in it, whatever

I also own one, I agree with everything except on the dpad, dpads are not supposed to be THAT clicky. It was almost like playing on a nokia 1100, without the bad layout.

Whenever possible I prefer a D-Pad, but this thing is tiny. My favourite has always been the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64.
Now, I know the N64 controller is universally hated, but I have big hands and this controller has a big D-Pad. I just love it.
Plus six front buttons, I mean, come on…
But these little things the Switch has, those aren't proper controllers. Where's the D-Pad? Not even a small one!
Which is why I'll probably be getting a Pro Controller, because look at it! But I'm telling you if this console fails, as it very well may, I'm done with Nintendo. Because consider the money I would have wasted by buying a second controller plus the console. If it's all for naught I am done.

Anything with the DS Phat's godlike clicky buttons. One of these days I'm gonna murderlize a broken ds phat and ghetto-rig me a fucking controller with those buttons.

You know there will be some 3rd party joycon with a real d-pad. Sucks that they chose to sacrifice that in favour of giving one to someone else for 2-player, but I'm never going to actually do that. So it's just a waste.

The Switch is pretty much there in the handheld department, just have to get rid of the gimmicks.

Alternatively if it's something someone could attempt to make now, I pretty much want a N3DS case filled with the hardware to emulate PSP, DS, GBA, GBC, PS1, etc, as accurate as it's possible on PCs now.

Nintendo? You're asking this from Nintendo?

You know there's other shit than the raspberry pi, right?