Plot To Be Based On WW1 Backdrop In London

Call of duty 2017 confirm to have a WW1 setting
What is Activision thinking? It's bad enough Battlefield 1 destroyed infinite warfare in terms of popularity and profitability. Now it looks like call of duty is just ripping off Battlefield 1. The marketing PR will be a nightmare.

Other urls found in this thread:

latinpost.com/articles/134270/20170206/call-duty-2017-latest-update-plot-based-ww1-backdrop-london.htm
forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/05/07/battlefield-1-shows-why-call-of-duty-should-have-gone-back-to-world-war-ii/
mcvpacific.com/news/read/battlefield-1-crowned-as-best-selling-tilte-of-2016-in-austalia-and-new-zealand/0178201
gamerevolution.com/features/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-might-have-been-labeled-a-failure-but-it-outsold-every-game-in-2017
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OOPS forgot link
latinpost.com/articles/134270/20170206/call-duty-2017-latest-update-plot-based-ww1-backdrop-london.htm

That's what Call of Duty has been for fucking years. Rehashes or rip offs of shit that is already out there.

source?

London had fighting in the streets during WWI?

They have to realize that this just makes them look pathetic, copying Battlefield 1 and all. They'd have been better served by doubling down on the futuristic angle I feel.

The British empire was still around during the Great War.

This is beyond pathetic.

Battlefield 1 and the new Pokémon game raped infinite warfare. Call of duty had to slash the price of 20% to 30% just to outsell both. The fact game journalists are so passive aggressive in defending infinite warfare speaks volumes.
forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/05/07/battlefield-1-shows-why-call-of-duty-should-have-gone-back-to-world-war-ii/

mcvpacific.com/news/read/battlefield-1-crowned-as-best-selling-tilte-of-2016-in-austalia-and-new-zealand/0178201

gamerevolution.com/features/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-might-have-been-labeled-a-failure-but-it-outsold-every-game-in-2017

Fuck. I say just gives us modern warfare 2 remastered. Modern warfare remastered probably outsold Battlefield 1 if it was sold as a stand alone game.

I'd rather have CoD do old real wars or modern fake wars. The fact they went all sci-fi is stupid.

On the subject of WW1 games. IS there anything decent?

I watched the story for Blops 3 and that MW IN SPAAAACE game. If you open a dictionary and look up "Generic" you'll find these games there.

That video never fails to piss me off.

Not really, no. Battlewuz One sucks cock, Verdun is bugged and their tiny matches and dead community sucked hard.

What sad is. Blop 3 could of been good story If it wasn't rushed. Black ops 2 had more branching storylines than mass effect 2.

whats wrong with it

Good thing most WW1 vets are died before seeing BBC adding dubstep and gangsta rap to make the horrors of the Great War More hip.

Fuck you I know you're baiting me but go suck a big fat cock.

Modern Battlefield is terrible, but it's interesting to see it outsell a CoD game. It really shows that casuals want more of the same shit every year.

Keep in mind. This was never a kids documentary. It later has both strong language and sexual content. BBC was trying to be hip and edgy. This documentary was intended for adults.

Bohoho they added dubstep that played for 1 minute
Big fucking deal, its not bad for a short documentary

If you keep baitsturbating you'll go blind, user.

Okay. I am teetering on the edge of being mad pissed right now because I know what those cunts are capable of, and I hope that they will not sully the memory of the Great War by making shit stories like spotlighting on boring super action hero figure guy like MW and IW, championing 'diversity' nigger soldiers, fag soldiers, and so on.

Im seriously not baiting, explain to me how a fucking 1 minute break destroyed the documentary in your eyes?

Sad.

Yeah call bait whatever you want, i still fail to uderstand how 1 minute of music triggered so many people, i get it its out of place, it shouldn't have been there. But there is no need for fucking outrage.

Classic Ace of Spades is about the closest you'll get.

The wubstep is bad, but the camerawork is even worse.
It's pitiful seeing the bongs try desperately to hold onto the last rotting scraps of cool-Brittania

Pikachu's pillow looks like an asshole.

That's not a nice thing to say about a pillow

You're face will look like an asshole once I'm done with you you wimpy little faggot.

CUCK MY LIFE INTO PIECES

so two?

The documentary itself isn't all that bad but good fucking god that music is dreadful.

Red, raw, in panties, thoroughly fucked, and covered in streams of cum? Yeah user, you show that face what for~

Verdun is fine.

Go be a cuckold elsewhere.

Gas yourself.

Finally, it's time somebody told the true story of the Great War.

Oh, a fart fetish user? Baarpt. Tee hee… BARRRPT! :DDD

Might be kinda hard with that Geneva Convention getting rid of those gas weapons after World War 1.

But I can make chlorine gas by stealing the smell from public pools.

/thread
OP are you fucking new or retarded or both? These shit AAA companies have been copying each other for years.

i-i kinda wanna be covered in streams of cum

FUCK THIS INDUSTRY, THEY DO NO BETTER JOB AT PORTRAYING WWI THAN A FUCKING ALLIED ASSAULT MOD FROM A DECADE AND A HALF AGO

What the hell happened to British documentaries? I always preferred them to American ones since Brits didn't use to add hideous sound effects and music.

Think again faggot

Oh course, you're only human~

You like researching homo's don't you, big boy? Blow your factual load all over us~~

If Call of Duty wants to compete it should make a game about Vietnam.

Wasn't the it ain't me campaign of black ops about vietnam? It wasn't done well enough though. If it was like the pacific campaigns of WaW, only with denser vegetation, it would be great.

The theme no longer matter you stupid fuck, its all the same garbage, designed and marketed the same way as the previous iterations so normalfags don't get too confused.

Black Ops was Modern Warfare 2 in the 60s.
These forced shitty plotlines and MC characterization/voice acting just highlight how you're a fucking Special Forces snowflake instead of a common soldier in the meat grinder in big battles, which barely happen and are awfully portrayed.
Why anyone likes Call of Duty beyond WaW which was in itself only an almost mediocre game boogles my mind.
Why people think Black Ops was the peak of the series is so far out beyond my comprehension that I believe I will never understand it.

And I played that shit when I was 15 years old, I was the target demographic for both MW2 and Black Ops, both of which I owned on my self built rig which ran both of them like butter on 720p.

Conflict: Vietnam will still be better, so what's the point?

I like the smaller scale battles of CoD 1 better, gameplay wise. Those corridor shooter sequences in German power plant and mansion invasion were absolutely rad, even better than everything in Return to Wolfenstein. CoD devs should do more corridor shooters.

Vietnam was probably the shittiest of Contlict games though.
Hasn't got shit on Desert Storm, thats for sure.

The problem isn't the scale lad, its the pacing, the atmosphere, the music, the intent and the design choices.

Shit like this, and the Battle of the Bulge sequences in United Offensive were extremely well done and had a decently sized scale in mind.

whaaaaaa

I said gameplay wise though. Aesthetic wise, I think CoD 1 is the best war game ever made.

They could use any setting and still the game would be shit because they would be usimg the same design choices they have used since the release of Modern Warfare 2.

Just like Battlefield Juan did not change a lick of gameplay to accomodate the setting from Battlefield 3 unlike its counterparts in Vietnam, 2 and 2142 more than a decade before.

All of Call of Dutys biggest chunks are like that though.
Small arms warfare on tight spaces, from that they don't differ that much from each other.

Its the aforementioned design choices and pacing that chanes the old ones frol the newer ones.

You are only pretending to be retarded, right?

I don't know. The ones in CoD 1 just feel a lot more meaty and less linear.

What game has better war scenes than CoD 1?

They're not.
They just repeat what DICE does.

Why is world at war under BF Vietnam instead of Black Ops?

I wonder if its going to be an all black cast again like Battlenigger 1.

Because World at War was the first CoD game to be set in Vietnam.

Are you retarded?

I thought World at War was based during WW2? Black Ops was the one set in a few different places but definitely in Vietnam.

This year's CoD is made by Sledgehammer. AW was pretty good. It can't be worse than BF1, although you can already expect the supply drops to be available at launch.

I guess I am. Or at the very least poorly informed. I've never played WaW, only seen footage of it, something to do with the jungle and lots of grenades. Always thought it was set in Nam.
My bad.

AW was pretty good
>>>/cuckchan/

Its set in WWII Pacific nigger, search engines exist for shit like this.

That's a pretty nice OC.

Compared to the previous title (Ghosts), yes.

So it'll contain 80% PoC

Ww2 game from the nazi perspective with space mission in a nazi UFO. With zombies set in auschwitz and Antarctica inner earth and you can play as hitler and the gang.

That's the problem.
It is one heavily scripted setpiece after another where it ends up more as though the player is an actor being led through a film rather than a soldier at war.

Good war games get the player's attention through gameplay and engaging scenarios rather than being six hours of interactive cutscene.

Woah, this trash sure is pretty good

Thanks, here's a better one.

Save for BF2, this pic doesn't look convincing. CoD was a spiritual successor to Allied Assault, which came out at the same year as BF 1942.

The gameplay sequences of CoD 1 were well made as well. The gunplay is certainly more satisfying than any of those games.

(((pure coincidence)))

does ebil nazis

question is, are they gonna niggerfie it?

My money's on Indians.

Sorry lad, setpieces and linearity a bad game do not make.
Its how those are treated that really matters and they treated it pretty well, especially for the time.

at least indians wuz in the war
or are we tallking dot heads?

Probably not since they're not Swedes, but who knows.
Pandering to niggers and nigger loving normalfags seems to have done well so they might try it out.

CUCKED

No they weren't, they were the same few transparent as fuck setpieces like "go over here or else the same few enemies will respawn forever" and "go over to that static tank and press X to attach a satchel charge to it and until you do that the game grind to a halt, likely with your squad leader repeating the same few phrases ordering you to do so."
It was a dull as fuck ww2 shooter in a time when the market was completely swamped by them.

No it wasn't, it was bland as shit.
Practically medal of honor with ironsights.

Pajheets, fits with the english setting. But native murrikans came to my mind first, don't know why.

So you didn't play it at the time?
CoD was an extension of Allied Assault and every idea they wanted to put into it but could not.
Same devs

But MoH did WW2 first.

That's CoD 2 and beyond. CoD 1's enemies don't respawn in most levels.

When the gunplay is satisfying, I'd rather have simple gun blazing game than something complicated.

The animations and sound effects are really good for 2001 standard. The guns pack a lot of punch, although the damage system is a kind of flawed. Even if the theme isn't original, it's a really well made game. The market was indeed swamped by WW2 shooters, but there was a lot of variations in gameplay since modern FPS was still at the experimental stage. From the strategic and realism take of H&D 2 to the action packed MoH games.

Let me hear your reasoning.

partially

Yeah and started a whole fad. Way to go.
How is MoH a factor in this again? I'm talking about CoD doing the same shit Battlefield did before it in regards to time periods.

I don't think so nigger

You've heard it. The pioneering devs were MoH devs.

How is CoD 1 even comparable to BF 1942 except in setting?

2003, but still fascinating.

What? Do you think it would make sense if I compared a CoD title to another remake of Super Mario?

Nigger
And what the fuck does 2015 have to do with anything? Those games were released in 1999 and 2003.

I've been talking strictly about the setting/time period. But sure, they both also focused on multiplayer.

Oh and people have always been either a CoD fan or a BF fan. At least that's how I've seen it in the mid 2000s.

I remember everyone trying to pick russia for the mossin nugget. And no, CoD 1's MP is literally an side content while BF1 is an MP focused game. The lag compensation is crap, game mode is nonexistent, and the levels are all rehash of the SP.

alright cool

wait, isn't that true for every shooter?

Speaking of CoD1 and multiplayer, I wish they would go back to that style, you pick up a class and its default loadout and you go find the enemy instead of that crazy MLG twitch shooter with perks, kill/score-streaks, hero power ups and weapons locked behind a progression system.

Are you seriously trying to act as though that it wasn't the case?
At the time there was Battlfield1942, Return To Castle Wolfenstien, Hidden And Dangerous, multiplat annual Medal Of Honor releases and a whole bunch more that no one even remembers, all in the space of a few years.

The point is that it is one of the ways the game uses to guide you to the next set piece.
For instance it will have you go to a spot, a cutscene or locked-in-place dialogue section will occur before an infinite stream of enemies will appear and to help push you into going to the next thing, like an MG section or another cutscene.
I don't mind respawning enemies, it worked fine in AVP, but the way it has always been used in COD is awful.

Notice that no one ever defends COD's gameplay, it is one of the only games where everyone only takes note of gunplay instead.
I'd rather have a game that played well and had good gunplay rather than one that consisted of six hours of jogging around shooting folks through iron sights in between "look over here at this explosion" events.

That's not impressive for a game that came out in 2003.

They had the best generic WWII shooters. In the first one you could input a cheatcode to play as a fucking dinosaur in multiplayer matches

They don't think
They only care about money and aren't really good at getting it.
EA fucked over activison by rescuing whatever remained of Infinity Ward.
Combine that with EA having a monopoly on NHL and NFl games (and ultimate team along with that) and also owning the Battlefield license and EA does everything Activision could and more.

That's not how I saw it back in the day. Maybe it was different for your state/country.

And what's wrong with that? This isn't a game about pathfinding.

Well, gunplay and cinematic sequences are the meat of CoD, and they're indeed satisfying. How is gunplay not a big chunk of gameplay? If you expect something else, go play another game.

CoD played well. Taking cover behind dead cows and shooting at the machine gunners, avoiding artillery rain, cleaning bunkers and trenches, driving a weighty tank and defending it from rocket launcher ambushes, running around barehanded while the germans are raining bullets on you, there's a lot of gameplay variation in CoD 1.

What's your contender?

I cannot wait to play as a ww1 nigger.

OH GAWD NO

sage

Californians aren't as bad as Swedes, so I assume yes, but not as much.

It means you need to stop pretending like you know what the fuck you're talking about and get off the thread.

Yes, I am
The modern setting was much more sagurated but nobody remembers that because most games weren't mainstream unlike CoD and Medal of Honor which were released annually with lots of marketing behind them.

That's still not the same team. Yeah, it consisted of mostly the same people, but it's not the same shit.

I can't wait for more of webm related

Think the Turks will be Whiter than Whitey in this one too?

It's lazy.
Even if everything else is, from gameplay to setting, uninspired the devs could at least come up with more than a handful of ways to disguise the fact that the game consists of "watch this" moments.

And that's why it is bad.

Exactly, if you want to play a good game, play one that isn't COD.

Almost all of that, apart from the abysmal tank section is the same thing with different window-dressing: move around an enclosed area, taking cover before switching to iron sights, shooting a few guys and then moving to the next spot.
The only thing that shakes that up is when the game throws in an area-denial mechanic like artillery or a tank that can't be killed.

The modern shooters of the time featured a lot of titles that were actually interesting, from FPS RPG's like VTMB to milsims like Flashpoint and America's Army.
WW2 FPS tended to just be a dull blob of samey titles.

Stop posting

Do you think you think for yourself, user?

And that never happened until the release of AA and CoD with shit like Sniper Elite and Brothers in Arms, holy shit you're really pushing it, or are you going to tell me that Commandos is a samey shooter next?

He said it's made by the same team when it's not.
Do I have to go full 100% Turbo Nitro-hungry Overdrive etymology Autism Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry on this?

Ah finally CoD will allow me to shoot nazis again. Only thing better would be shooting communists.

Why wait, user?
Go to Ameriga, home of the brave, land of the free, where you can freely sucker punch people whom you've called a nazi.

The purpose was reenacting popular war movies but with player's interactivity, and it really excelled at that particular area. How is it lazy?

It's objectively executed well. Why is it bad?

I said other games, not necessarily good games. If I want to play a good game, I'd play CoD.

Just like how you stomp enemies over and over again in mario bros and how you shoot demons over and over again in Doom?

Anyway, in CoD, there are times when you have to take cover a lot, and there are times when you empty your thompson's mag right in front of someones face. Those ain't the same thing.

He was not even a fucking Nazi, he wasn't even neo-Nazi. Why wait?
Because there are no real Nazis anymore. Communists are also lacking but it doesn't stop anyone from my country to hate on Antifa.

One fucking game that releases with Nazis was BF1, lets ignore everything and make them black. At least new Wolfenstein is bearable, when it doesn't try to force you into stealth section or into cutscene.

By the Time both Sniper Elite and Brothers In Arms came out in 2005 the fad had pretty well completely ran out of steam and everything was either jumping to modern shit or shaking things up.

The only 3d game in the Commandos series came out in 2006 and it wasn't well liked compared to the originals.

That's just an excuse for making a short, derivative and linear game.
If you believe it, or think that it is a good thing, that is your problem.

It's inherently bad, it's like when people praise a game for having shitty graphics or something because "it's meant to be that way".
Do you also think it is good that the game is so short?

Mutually exclusive.

If you think that is at all comparable then it certainly explains why you like COD.
Mario and Doom are a good contrast with COD though, imagine if Doom for example was six hours of slowly fighting demons 2-3 at a time with 90% of the game's weapons being hitscan semi-autos while an exposition fairy or two chattered in your ear to make it sound as though something interesting was happening to make up for the lack of interesting gameplay, artstyle, music, weapons and enemies.

Well, credit where credit is due. Call of Duty 1 wasn't a repeatition of BF1942. It was a repeatition of MoHAA by the former MoH devs.

Everyone, point and laugh at this faggot.

???

Calling it now.

I'm still allowed to dream, aren't I?

It's like pottery.

No, the ground-based warfare in WW1 never reached the British Isles.

Whatever floats your boat fag.

Playing CoD is like watching a movie while playing a game. I think the length is fine.

Yeah, you're the authority here huh.

Sounds like you haven't even played CoD 1.

Do you even know the difference between action games and tactical games?

Nigger/arab soldiers are historically accurate in several theaters, esp. in parts of the french line lul

They should just nut up and split the narrative between a few divisions like in CoD 2, with the fighting formations being accurately portrayed as segregated. Do one w/ England in Europe (maybe a scots division) and one with the french colonial troops in Africa.

Le super hero action mang is def going to be in it though.

In other words, it's shit. You're the kind of nigger who complains about shit in vidya being too "video game-y".

You need to be lynched in the street. You are ruining games.

No. But yes, OFP didn't have neat things like bullet trajectory on small arms projectiles.

This game is supposed to emulate older CoD gameplay but who know's if it'll actually pull it off.

nah, they'll just make a shitty blockbuster (interactive) action rail shooter, with the 2-3 scenes/vignittes of jiltedly portraying 'the horrors of war' in the most heavy hand possible.

Are you autistic?

:^(

Please, do not associate the great war channel with battlefield 1, that is one of the few channels i actually like.

Good, now I know you are not marriage material.

Why is it that whenever these games include mechs they always add chicken walkers and not anything like patlabor? Fucking gaijin

that pretty sad

Is this some abstract kind of hell?

maybe

The only intredasting options are espionage, and colonial setting.

East Africa. Lettow-Vorbeck ass rapings with a much inferior force.

Middle East: Muh Lawrence of Arabia

SEA: Chasing commerce raiders

There'll be some Mata Hari shenanigans to get some vaginal stank up in there for certain

the only thing that woulda got me interested in COD again was more sci-fi warfare but i guess they don't have the stones to do that. battlefield 1 was only interesting sounding when the rumor had it that it was going to be "alternate history" (which i guess it still was considering) but they barely achieved that

Get ready to have your jimmies rustled.

What the fuck?

lemmys rollin in his grave

in da gahbage

and here i thought they couldn't get more creatively bankrupt, yet here we are.

Fucking stupid. Why don't they make a game set in Vietnam with a MW 2 feel? COD sucks now because of 1. All the fucking PC horseshit they are pushing 2. Trying to make the soldiers into fucking Halo.
They could get their audience back with a game that let you waste villages, napalm gooks, etc.. Weapons just grenades, m-14 and m-16, a sniper rifle and a .50 cal.
Could give a swift boat board, executing traitors in the VC, etc.. Even after GG, they still haven't realized their audiences are not fat feminists.

They need to go back to soldiers just being soldiers. That you're another rank and file soldier with the rest of the numbers following orders. Last time we had that was World at War.

I think you can have 1 or 2 boards where you play as Seals or Delta or whatever but has to be fucking realistic. Like parachuting in to rescue a hostage or something.
MY fav COD board of all time…forget which one, but you are in a c-130 gunship and you have o pick which weapon and avoid churches (should be mosques) and all that sort of thing.
That makes for a nice change. The last 3 COD games are just a big blur or black "officers" yelling at me and weird shit where you can fly, walk on walls, etc..

Wouldn't be surprise if they ripped off Hardline

You guys have the self awareness of a 6 years old kenyan. All day pretending you're not COD fags and then raging like no tomorrow when something is finally improved, and looks like anime to boot. Muh reelizm

Will they put more KANGZ in it?

Will they be accurate or be jimpacted?