en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ald'ruhn
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36945/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/26348/
archive.is/Rhfxd
c0da.es/
mega.nz/#!3Q931DQZ!1c9dGjctI_TqxEme3lONJMHOfBfesp4bMNQOLDUKJYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sure why not.

OP is a faggot. But I do love me a morrowind thread. Lets post chim.

Is openMW worth it?

Okay…

If you mean tamriel rebuilt yah, but it will never ever be finished.

I love the last one. It's a very interesting style.

It's good, but not definitively worth it yet.

Reminder Argonians are the master race.

THE MEMES KIRKBRIDE

THE MEMES

normally i'm not smug about projects failing but those guys were such massive cocks to me that I consider this to be karmic justice.

What happened?

I want to fug chimer Azura.

Is that Nerevar or Dagoth Ur?

Argonians are sentient puppets of trees, and an abomination. The Hist are kind of cool, though, in a terrifying eldritch way.

it's a community project where the community isn't allowed to add content on their own schedule. You have to do work around some asinine job system instead of downloading the latest version and seeing what needs to be added.

it fell apart because people behind it were total fucking amateurs and were too prideful to admit they fucked up. Now rather than making actual content updates they just post trailer videos on youtube of all the pretty scenery you'll never see because it's all in an enclosed cell, if you try to run it in the actual world space the fps tanks because the modelers refuse to work within the confines of the creation engine and the texture artists refuse to use anything other than 4k textures. They did a single livestream where the dude walked around the world space and the fps was fucking atrocious, and he wasn't even using an ENB. And the game must have full voice acting even though the lines recorded are the most cringe inducing shit known to man.

it's what happens when you take skyrim era egomaniac modders and try to get them to cooperate. Morroblivion only happened because the old morrowind modders did most of the work, after they left nothing got done.

So, when do we get confirmation it's over? How do we get our hands on those models to import into Morrowind?

I haven't been following Skywind lately, but that's not the way these projects usually die. There's just dwindling interest and access, with nobody officially involved declaring it dead, at least not for several years.

what will probably happen is if we don't see an update in a year someone will go on the forum and ask "is it dead jim?" and the one or two regulars will say no. I doubt the models will be available any time soon, only if some cool guy lets them out. Seeing as the skywind guys have been insistent that no skywind content is allowed outside the project I doubt much will come of it.

so, don't get your hopes up.

♫hello sithis, my old friend♫

How much did get done anyway? Where did it all stall?

Ask again in a month or two, Scrawl jumped back into working for OpenMW and he's been working very fast, The game is getting optimization, and when they left off they were part way done on a distant lands implementation.

Skyblivion doesn't need as much work as Skywind, and Skyblivion hasn't suffered from any apparent feature creep that Skywind suffered from.

Good, I've for the longest time wanted to harvest the assets from Skywind and implement them into OpenMW.

What did they ever do to you?

Stupid cuckold developers.

Not only that. They cleaned up 30 bugs from the tracker in the last few days.

It's so sad to see what's happened to the modding community. Take note this is what happens when you let these people in your community. They will destroy it.

They did most of the worldspace sans the cities to my knowledge and all the music. The place they got hung up on was animations, optimization, voice acting, and scripting. Simply put, there was no way to get skywind to run at 60 fps. The only it was going to happen is if they used lower res textures and greatly reduced the polys on their models, which they all refused to do. The voice acting was a total trainwreck, no one could deliver lines to save their lives and half of them recorded them on a fucking iphone from the sounds of it. The voice acting should have been canned but the VA guys wouldn't budge. And not a fucking one of them knew how to program, I mean it, there was only like one dude who knew how to script and he got fed up and left.

same thing they did to most modders, they pushed them away with their bullshit. I wanted to actually get shit done, and they clearly didn't. When they were getting all whiny trying to get spears to work I said fuck the spears just get the game working. When they were getting fussy about getting the greaves to work I said fuck the greaves let's just get all the armors done. And don't even fucking get me started on the optimization arguments, it was a fucking headache listening to people say "it works on my machine" when they're using SLI builds with 8 gigs of VRAM.

fucking idiots.

Nerevar. He had a sick mohawk.

Oh now I remember, god I'm retarded. Anyways I hope that openMW brings some of the good(see not attention whore) modders back. Morrowind mods have become increasingly hard to find, and some have disappeared forever.

You should probably hold off on making new Morrowind threads too close to the last one. They seem to be best when there's a large gap between them, and people are willing to talk everything (lore, mods, builds, stories/adventures). I find when they're made too close to one another we run out of shit to talk about. But, it's here now so I might as well contribute.

Thank fuck, we might get something substantial in the coming months. All I want is distant lands and for the really detailed cities in TR to run at a playable framerate

Attention whores seem to be restricted to the Skyrimjob modding community, I don't know of any Morrowind modders who are really obnoxious. One could say Trainwiz but even if you don't like his mods he doesn't seem all that bad.

ha ha

Sotha Sil Expanded is right there with Tamriel Rebuilt for me. Both are a must have. Next TR release in a month. No idea if it'll be a big one or just a few bugfixes.

I can walk around Port Telvannis without OpenMW and get 40-50 fps. In OpenMW it tanks down to 10-15 in certain areas.
Also I really need to get around to trying Sotha Sil expanded. I like how fuckhuge it is but are there the usual Trainwiz gimmicks in it or is it somewhat close to vanilla gameplay?

What's the best set of tutorials for learning the Morrowind Construction Set?

How about a 4 hour long dungeon before you get to the city?

Several weeks ago I shit all over Mr. Skellington, right as he finished his Skyrim playthrough, and I wanted to say I'm sorry, on the off-chance you're in the thread.

That actually sounds pretty appealing. Fuck, now I might have to start a new playthrough just to make a Dunmer wizard and unravel the clockwork underbelly of Nirn

I don't think he would care too much, his Skyrim playthrough was basically him just complaining about how little there is to do in that shitpile abortion of a video game

I feel bad about it regardless.

There are not that many gimmicks thankfully. SSE is pretty much his only good mod, it has it's problems but it's a pretty big improvement on the vanilla dungeon.

Be sure to save before you go in. There are a lot of puzzles, of varying degrees of quality but acceptable. You will also want to save intermittently as there are a lot of unfair death traps in a few places. And don't forget to have a lot of water breathing potions, or an item with water breathing. Jump spells would be nice to, as he did not allow levitation.

It's fine enough. I kind of over reacted after going through that one area.

Basically. Spooky anons mods made it much more bearable though. Skyrim is only good as Stalker: Call of CHIM.

Don't worry about it.

What about Wheels of Lull?

Apparently TESO is getting a big Morrowind expansion soon. I think they're making it free, but I'm not sure. Does anyone here even play TESO?

OK. Thanks.

Is that you Mr. Skellington? How're the bones rattlin'?

I liked the design of the areas, the lore, and the concept of Wheels of Lull. But there were far too many gimmick quest items. Like that sword that was a ripoff of the Damocles that you needed to use to defeat certain enemies and that one boss. It really broke my roleplaying because I couldn't defeat enemies the way my chracter would.

I'd rather take Muatra up the turdcutter

I tried that one, that was the one that I quit skyrim on. After going the one guys lab area, and making it back I was pissed. Invincible enemies, gimmicks, among other things are pet peeves that really drive me up the wall. I killed everybody after I didn't know where to go, having thought about it I assume that the papers I picked up would have told me where to go, but I had had enough. One user was using trainwiz's name in the thread, and I got into with him. I was not happy, it would be best we forget about it though. What's done is done.

Hey now lets not turn this into some avatar fagging, that's the last thing this thread needs. To answer your question I have been just playing some games, I am mostly playing Stronghold Crusader. I am going to start learning to code to make my own games, and start modding as well, but I have not even started yet.

The guy who made Morrowind 2 is a really obnoxious offendotron SJW, he got offended when someone made a joke about making Morrowind great again, I can understand not liking Trump for ideological reasons but holy fuck.

There was a big thread about a week ago. I haven't played ESO and I doubt I ever will, but the final shot of Vivec from the trailer looked alright.
There's this shot of the Census and Excise office in Seyda Neen, which is fucking dumb because ESO takes place 700 years before Morrowind, and there is no Reman Empire in ESO. They added it in because "old players will feel nostalgic about it" or some other shit.

That said, I think there is lore about the settlement of Seyda Neen being quite old. Some Hlaalu sailors who got shipwrecked made the lighthouse (which was meant to be much bigger) and a fishing town there. Doesn't really explain why there would be a thatched roof building there for close to a millennia, but what do you expect from tricky Schicky?

What about that Skyrim modder who deleted all his mods once he realized Trump NAZIS enjoy his work?

I thought he deleted them as a protest. Or was that another guy?

Holy shit I forgot about the Thalmor lab. Bullshit quest item that let you go through walls, invincible enemies, amongst other things. I dunno what Trainfag was thinking, that part of the quest was not fun in the slightest. Damn shame you didn't finish it though, the writing of the quest itself is pretty interesting but I can understand why you would drop it.

I was just fucking around because I liked your posts, I wasn't implying you should start doing the same thing again. In any case I'll forget about it for the remainder of the thread.

No shit, the Morrowind 2 guy drank the kool-aid this much? Damn shame, that mod was really funny

aw shit son

Especially considering a thatched roof building would not be native to morrowind's culture.

nothingofvaluewaslost.jpg

Fucking gold.

That makes no sense, given that he actually seems to have a sense of humor. Must've been converted after he made Morrowind 2. At least Morrowland is still pure in its autism.

That's retarded, they should try to get the era right. There could still be netches and silt striders and the Tribunal and all that shit.
Wasn't Vvardenfell closed off and forbidden for habitation before they joined the Septim Empire?

It's Morrowind without having to spend time digging up and juggling with hacky runtime patches. Definitely.

The Morrowind 2 guy, even said something around the lines of change your community or I'm leaving, like who does he think he fucking well is.

What a bitch. his work's there forever, no-one cares that he left.

I should have taken screenshots.

I think before the Imperials started to settle there it was just Ashlanders and a couple of Great House settlements, under the control of the Temple. I don't see why they didn't just make it more of a traditional Dunmer settlement, and maybe have some stone foundations for a building that could become the Census and Excise office. Having Imperial style buildings makes zero sense. Even just changing the roof from being thatched to a flat top like the lighthouse would make more sense. Then they can just say the building got destroyed or dilapidated and the Imperials rebuilt it in their own style when they occupied.

Do you remember a source for that? I'm not the biggest lorefag but I always enjoy learning something new. It would make sense, given blight diseases and Corprus but why would the Empire want citizens living there anyway?

Good riddance to the crying faggot. Somebody should whip out the CS and add an Imperial Trump into his mod.

I honestly think the paid mods fiasco had a very positive effect on the modding community in that it showed who was there for fun, or just to be an attention whoring faggot.

The paid mods shit was really great in my opinion, it sent a message and the real community who actually cared about this shit actually made a real impact for the time being, at least. Even Holla Forums had a hand in it, it was fun as shit sending faxes to Valve and Bethescucks

it's corpRus not corpus

Did we ever get a list of how many modders supported paid mods, and how many left for good when it fell through?

I can tell you how many Morrowind modders supported it - none.

Wasn't SkyUI taken off the nexus and put on steam workshop for money? I might be wrong but that's one I remember.
Does anybody have a screenshot of the mod where somebody added a Redguard that was muhammad? That was my favorite

Fuck me accidental sages

Now that I would have liked. Didn't people start making some mods with either controversial, or illegal content because valve would have been libel for it?

There were a good amount, I remember one that added either Gaben or Todd Howard and they stopped you during the intro with Alduin to tell you that you couldn't continue the game unless you shelled out shekels

I'm pretty sure it's described in one of the history books in morrowind. One of the ones Caius gives you when he tells you to study the country you're going to be working in.

You're absolutely right, it's in "A Short History of Morrowind". Only one sentence mentions that, which may be why I forgot about it. Although that really let's you know how hard "loremaster" Colonel Sanders is working.

Don't forget about the Ashlanders s'wit

Well obviously. Should've stayed that way, too, fuck the n'wahs. Imperial architecture is shit compared to survivalist nomad yurts and glorious Dunmer architecture

Normally, no, but he was once a prick to me because I found an issue with morrowloot and asked if he would fix it. I think some other guy had been obnoxiously hammering him about the issue, which is why he got snippy with me. Still, he acted like it was not his problem his mod didn't behave the way he said it did and we should just put up with it.

Of the actual quest mods of his I've played, Trainwiz seems to have the attitude of "fuck the player and the player character, they do what I want." He doesn't care what kind of character you're playing or how you're trying to play through the game, you do the things he tells you to in the way he wants you or you just don't do anything at all. It sometimes feels like he has a spiteful hate of the player character being the hero of the story.

That's what happens in a hugbox like the nexus.

This was on an imageboard, though. And Trainwiz was banned from the nexus for going against the hugbox.

Been unbanned for a while actually.

Each time I think I know what scale Nirn has it gets blown the fuck out.

The nexus is a hugbox huh? Any tips on how one should go about hunting for some good pics?

Post an update on that game you are working on ffs.

In due time.

I guess this trains going to be late, why aren't you fired yet?

So it seems my necromancy skill will go up by one for each new revenant I summon.

Because I own the company.

From UESP:
Apparently TESO takes place in 2E 582, so habitation would still be allowed there, since it wouldn't be declared a reserve until 2E 896, when the Tribunal signed the Armistice with Tiber Septim. But the population at the time of ESO would still be sparse. (Also, apparently Dagoth Ur didn't start using the Heart of Lorkhan until 2E 882.)

You didn't go back though did you?

Nexus is really the only place to put up mods, nowadays.

What are some things for someone starting their first playthrough to keep in mind? Any particular way of playing I should lean towards?

When making a character make one with a strong fighting skill, whichever you want. But then find a weapon of that type. We don't want to hear another story about Morrowind being unplayable because of MISS MISS MISS.
It's not action orientated as Skyrim and Oblivion. It looks similar, but it's about exploration and reading dialogue more than any fighting.

Stealth archer

Since it's quints, you get a newbie pass.
Agility = hit chance
Strength = Damage
Enchanting is a really nice skill. If you don't want to bother with enchanting, put lockpicking as a major skill.
Your major skills (those top 5) will give you 1 10th of a level whenever you increase their skill. So if you increase Archery from 55 to 60 and Sneaking from 43 to 48, you get a level up.
When you go to sleep, you can choose which stat you pump bonus points into. You can even abuse trainers for easy levels.
BUT
Only the skills you level (via use or trainer)will yield significant increases. So if you bought 10 skill ups of Heavy Armor, you'll be able to pump like 3 points into it, and 1 point into any other stat (wheres usually it's 2 - 2 or 3 - 2)

For a first time playthrough go straight to the fighters guild via the giant insect called a silt strider. Once in the guild begin spending most if not all of your money, and time getting at least one weapon skill to twenty. I would recommend either axe, or blunt weapon. Get one of those at least to seventy, and you will also want to have either heavy, or medium armor. You could use light armor, but your choice is basically just glass. Also remember that the fighters guild has chests with health potion, and stamina two I think which are very important. It also usually has a colovian fur helm which is the most stylish head piece in the game.

The fuck? Ignore that, and listen the at least seventy part.

Yeah, IGN killed planetelderscrolls, and it's not like Fliggerty hosts Skyrim mods.

Is it true they forgot Almalexia City in TESO Morrowind Expansion? Like they thought Mournhold was the city but forgot it was only the temple city inside Almalexia.

I don't remember if I heard about it beforehand and forgot about it, but I remember going to PES and being surprised all the files were gone. Why did they kill it? Was it because they are cheap, and hate happiness?

Ignorance, they just didn't support and seemingly forgot it existed.

According to UESP, the greater area around Mournhold was called Almalexia, but not until the 3rd Era, when Almalexia wanted Morrowind's capital to rival the Imperial City.

Autism.

Shame that didn't make it into the final cut of TR.

Have they actually decided what Almalexia will be, yet?

I'm not entirely sure. The basic idea was to get rid of the inner hold and spread the buildings out among the new city (part of their goal to treat vanilla and TR as a single entity rather than two disconnected landmasses)

That seems like something that would break a lot of mods that deal with Mournhold.

You think they'll wait until OpenCS is out before deciding what to do with the city? I don't think it's about the layout as much as the lack of tools to tackle such a big place. Changing the layout doesn't change its side so the problem stays until we see what OpenCS can actually do.

Yeah, but most people would use TR over those. I can't actually think of too many must-have Mournhold mods.

Everyone is waiting for OpenMW for things to happen, but I can't say for certain whether they're waiting. Glad to hear scrawl is back though. Maybe it really will reach 1.0 in time for the fifteen anniversary.

Why? It looks amazing

Zini back when?

Like I said, the main reason was that they were going more for the idea of TR and vanilla merging together, and didn't like the idea of a huge amount of space dedicated to just inner Mournhold.
The second reason was that it apparently ran horribly because it was just so big and detailed. Which I can understand.

I never finished it. Is there a big payoff at the end?

Vast amounts of mods will break in the wake of OpenMW anyway, although this won't be due to OpenMW itself but features that it will allow that modders will take advantage of that most users will just consider core, once you can customize your characters face and physique you probably won't go back to the awful vanilla characters. OpenMW will break some things though, kind of, I know that there are plans to replace the games awful nav node system with a proper nav mesh, that would be great, finally you can have companions and enemies that don't get stuck on walls or trees.

I kind of hope that there ends up being a community project to form a kind of OpenMW baseline for modding, could you imagine having a large amount of .esms just to form a baseline to mod off of, you get things like detailed character customization, a companion framework, a mounts framework, npc schedules, all as separate .esms and then modders will more than likely build to those because players will for the most part refuse to play without them, it would just be a mess.

Never, he's working on his own game, with the Titans of Ether team, initially they were working on a Ultima IX remake for Morrowind and then aiming to support OpenMW, but now they are working with Unity.

Scrawl >random guy helping out with a few bug fixes> Zini

You fight an evil communist with a gun on top of a giant interdimensional train before blowing it up.

Oh yeah, and every mod that uses MWSE will also not be compatible because MWSE scripting functionality won't be added, apparently they are just going to extend the current scripting functionality to support features that MWSE adds but do it their own way.

That's totally understandable. Can you elaborate on the first point, though? Do they intend to take the already existing Mournhold, move everything in it further apart and just include more between? Or do they intent to shrink Mournhold a bit, then have more stuff outside?

Lore question

If Vivec has CHIM, why does he lose his powers after the destruction of Lorkhan's heart?

neither, they intended to make everything in Mournhold part of the city itself, instead of in a separate cell.

I'm not completely sure. However, I'm pretty certain that either he achieved CHIM afterwards or he was not using his powers and going along with the fate of the world until Dagoth Ur was defeated. "God powers" from the heart are lesser than CHIM and completely separate.

Is that the new consensus?

Ah I misunderstood initially
Thanks dood!

Yes, like I said it's a new policy, basically merging Vvarndefell and TR into a single Morrowind

youtube.com/watch?v=sr7vl3OX7DE

Christ, ESO looks so fucking bad.

Just for clarification, the specific calculations for attribute points are based on how much you levelled any skills within an attribute. For instance, Heavy Armor is governed by Endurance, as is Spear and Medium Armor. So if you level up any of those skills it counts towards your bonus for the Endurance attribute when you level.
1-4 level increases gives x2.
5-7 gives you x3
8-9 gives you x4
and 9-10 gives you x5
So if you level up Heavy Armor three times, Spear two times and Medium Armor once you'll get a total of 6, which gives you a multiplier of x3. When you go to level up, you'll be able to put a coin into Endurance and gain three levels in it.
So if you want to quickly level an attribute, find out what skills it governs and then try to work on them.

Vivec's divinity is pretty confusing. Him and the rest of the Tribunal draw power from the Heart of Lorkhan, but also from the worship and love of their people. Vivec was also able to achieve CHIM, which is entirely separate to the powers from the Heart. However, the confusing part is that Vivec says or threatens I guess that if he loses the love of the people he won't be able to keep holding up Baar Dau.
When the Heart gets destroyed, or disappeared or whatever, Baar Dau does indeed fall and destroy Vivec. So, he either let it fall despite still having the power to keep it up, let it fall because the people stopped worshipping the Tribunal and went back to the good Daedra and he got mad. It's probably the latter, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to write the 36 sermons for the Nerevarine, then meet him, and work with him towards saving Morrowind, only to fuck off and let his city and all of its inhabitants get killed, totally defeating the point of stopping Dagoth Ur in the first place. I guess he's just a really spiteful asshole

I think the implication is that he either died (because the Nerevarine killed him) or lost his powers completely after the Heart disappeared. Even if you have CHIM, that doesn't really make you a god, it only means that you gain a clearer understanding of the world as a dream, which can let you subtly manipulate reality–as long as you don't do anything too drastic, because then you risk waking up the dreaming godhead. That's why Tiber Septim and Vivec had to come to an agreement–they both had CHIM, but if they had tried to shape the world in contradictory ways, the dream would have ended.
CHIM doesn't mean you have magical powers to do things like hold up a falling meteorite–that was only possible because of the Heart, and the Heart is gone (though not, as some retards claim, destroyed, because it can't be destroyed).

But Vivec doesn't die, he disappears at the end of the third era/beginning of the fourth era. Since he isn't in morrowind to maintain, Baar Dau collapses.
Remember that Vivec shows back up in the 5th era and goes on time/space adventures with the Nerevarine.

Didn't Tiber ascend to godhood just through CHIM? It's described by Vivec as one of the ways to divinity, so I don't see why it wouldn't grant the same kind of divine powers as the Heart or mantling a god. I see your point about the agreement between Tiber and Vivec, but continuing to hold up Baar Dau doesn't seem like enough of a drastic manipulation to wake up the godhead.

Any of the divinities gained from following one of the 6 walking ways (except for the psijic endeavour, maybe?) is several steps above the powers you get from the heart.
The heart gives you godlike powers, but true ascension would make you as or more powerful than a god.

No. He mantled Lorkhan by reenacting the enantiomorph, along with Zurin Arctus and Wulfharth. Having CHIM may have made it easier, though.
It isn't. What would wake the godhead is if mutually exclusive realities were put forth by two people who obtained CHIM. That's why there was an Armistice in the first place. My point is that holding up Baar Dau was probably something Vivec did using the powers he sapped from the Heart. Remember, the Ghostfence was also becoming less effective, and for the same reason–the link with the Heart was weakened because of Dagoth Ur's control of it.

It's deliberately left ambiguous to account for the fact that you can kill him in Morrowind. He could have lost his powers and gone into self-imposed exile, or he could have been killed by the Nerevarine and the Temple could have covered that fact up.
Which game is that in? :^)

Fair enough, either explanation is valid. Even if the nerevarine killed him, a being with CHIM can't completely die, right?
Or rather Vivec can die, but he can't be removed from existence because he has tower-power, ie he can reincarnate in some shape or form.

Don't deny your lord and savior

Why would powers from the Heart and powers from CHIM be mutually exclusive? The ghostfence relies on the Tribunal as a whole, so it makes sense that it would be weakened as the Tribunal loses its connection to the Heart, because neither Almalexia nor Sotha had achieved CHIM, so two-thirds of the equation were reliant solely on power from the Heart. But Vivec was the only one holding up Baar Dau, and he retained CHIM after the heart was destroyed. I suppose the fact that he wasn't around to keep it up is a reasonable explanation, but I don't buy that he just couldn't hold up the rock any more because only the Heart could give him that power.

It's implied that CHIM is connected to love. If Vivec had achieved CHIM after becoming one of the Tribunal, it's possible it was from the love of the people that he subsequently earned. Without that love, he may not have CHIM anymore.

I deny his masturbatory ravings.

I bet you don't even believe that Pelinal is an angry time travelling robot

I think you can die even with CHIM. You're still part of the world, still subject to its rules–you can just bend those rules occasionally, as long as you don't go overboard and end the world.
Now you're getting into some weird Dreamsleeve stuff. He has a soul, so I assume it would behave just like any other soul, going to the Dreamsleeve to be scrubbed of memories and eventually reincarnated. Hell, you can even soul trap Vivec. His soul is 2.5x larger than the next-largest soul, which is a Golden Saint's. Though Almalexia's is still 50% larger than Vivec's.

Kirkbride comes up with cool shit, but I don't take his outside work as canon until it's put into an official product.

Maybe he really was just a prick who was using it as a threat, and after his death the effect took a few years to wear off.

I know, he'll always be with me in the form of a ring of permanent levitation

Sure, I'm not going to say that it's 100% canon for all TES games.
I view it (and all the non-canon stuff on Imperial Library) kind of like an extended universe, like old star wars EU.

Meant for you

Should I pirate morrowind?

Yes

Zenimax do not deserve your money.

are you saying you don't want to give money to Bethesda/Zenimax?

Might as well.

Is it really that bad?..I mean I normally don't pirate but I'm sick of the shit that todd howard has been up to. Anyone have like a mega link I hate fucking torrents. And honestly fallout 4 was such a disappointing I just can't bring myself to care anymore.

Todd howard, should just change his name to empty promises.

I bought this game recently. It's incredibly dated, I feel like if you didn't play this game around the time it came out, it's not really going to one you have a good time with.

Khajiit lore dump

Oh, one more very quick thing.

You can't just post an image like that and not give me something more or a source.

I'm just here to talk about videogames.

Fucking hell man, wow, this is honestly straight up scum man, what the fuck is this shit. Like disgusting. Can we like fire bomb these people I mean, sigh wish we had a we psycho on every bored like a train pitbull we just send at people. It just make things easier.

Also, where is the fucking dick.

I like this meme

Bethesda's soul is decrepit and ruined, don't give them money.

no shit dude, that's why people mod it, Thief is dated too but it's still a good game. You don't need to be a nostalgiafag to enjoy old games.

Subtlety is for faggots

Why do all the humanoid Ohmes/Suthay/Cathay have regular feet? Shouldn't they have cat feet?

That would be far too cute.

Want…

I messaged Trainwiz on his tumblr a few months ago and he said he'd make mods for OpenMW.

OpenMW isn't that bad actually. I made a test mod to see how many NPCs the engine could handle and it still got around 10fps with 150 guys chucking fireballs at each other.

A lot of mods are already broken because OpenMW doesn't use that shitty script extender because you can just script in LAU.

The team did a good job at ensuring most mods are still completely compatible. so the base is there. Personally I'm hoping they allow for more file types in the construction set. Fuck .nifs.

How do they keep getting away with it? They fuck over Obsidian during Fallout NV development, then Dishonored and now Prey 2.

Trainwiz is in this thread.

Just a poor illustration, I think.

Ohmes don't have cat feet, they look more like bosmer than they look like other khajiit.
Suthay (morrowind & oblivion) and Cathay (skyrim) have cat feet and digitigrade legs.

But why are the Khajiit more connected to Lorkhan in the first place? That's something I've never understood. They're no different in their origin than the Bosmer (if I'm remembering right), they were just given form by Azura, rather than Y'ffre (who botched the job).
Also, Bosmer repulse me, since they're weird unstable spirits pretending to be another race.

Morrowind. It reminds me of how much we lost since then. And of how little we have gained. This industry. A pity.

Khajiit are linked to the moon, which is the body of lorkhan.

Yes, but why? Was Azura just retarded enough to fall for some trick?

I think you just answered your own question.

Meh, it's for the best anyway.

According to Khajiit mythology, Azurah their version of Azura, which they consider to be a wholly different entity, along with the other gods and deities that have similar names was tasked with taking one of the races and changing them to make them fast, clever and beautiful. This was around the time Lorkhaj/Lorkhan tricked the other et'Ada into making Nirn. As Nirn was made, and Lorkhan's heart torn out, Azurah came to Nirn and took the proto-Bosmer shapeshifting things to put them in the desert. Then she shaped them into different forms for different roles, tied into the Lunar Lattice. Because the two moons are generally considered to be the body of Lorkhan, the Khajiit were therefore also linked to him. Also related to this, Y'ffre was given the Bosmer by Nirni (the embodiment of Nirn) to separate them from the Khajiit, who she considered to be her lost children. She also made the deserts more inhospitable and filled them with dangerous beasts. This is a big reason why the two have such a long history of conflict.

Recently just beat the main quest again, and right after I killed Dag daddy ur, I went and slayed Vivec. Come the fuck at me.

God damn, if Balmora was that big I'd never leave.

Like nigga how you going to say theres a finite supply of a digital copy?

I've always loved that picture of Balmora. Besides Hlaalu and the Camonna Tong faggots it seems like it'd be a comfy place to live. Plus, you can always hit up Caius for some good drugs at least before he leaves for Cyrodiil

I think it'd be funny that, after he moves out, if you sleep in his bed, you might get rudely interrupted by some dude wanting to get some skooma from Caius.

He doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would have the time to deal the shit given he's a spymaster for the Blades, but he's definitely that one friend all the junkies go to to bum skooma from and never pay him back. Gotta love that bald fucker. Every time I raid the imperial warehouse in Seyda Neen and find a few bottles of skooma, I always leave a bottle on the table next to his bed when I first meet him before selling the rest off.

Never played morrowind in my life, barely played any elder scrolls.

What is the definitive version of this game? Should I use any mods?

Just MGE.

Just pirate the GOTY edition, get MGE and go

There are no different versions, just the vanilla game and its expansions. The GotY edition is just the game bundled with its expansions. As for mods, grab the code patch and the morrowind patch project. If you install the expansions, which is recommended, get the delayed dark brotherhood attack mod for Tribunal and the Solstheim Rumor Fix for Bloodmoon. Bethesda implemented the start of each expansion's content in their typically terrible fashion, where they assumed the player would be installing them once their character was far along the vanilla game. This means that, without the mods, many rumors that would lead you to local quests get overridden by a single copy/paste rumor pointing you to the Bloodmoon content, and a new character will be attacked pretty much the first time they sleep by an incredibly powerful assassin that, if the player kills them, has overpowered loot that can ruin the early game. Also, get Morrowind Graphics Extender for things like widescreen resolution.

I've played this game for 10 hours and everywhere looks exactly the same. It's as bad as skyrim when it comes to this shit.

You've been running circles for ten hours.

What did Trainwiz get banned for?

I'll give my shekels to his patreon the second he finishes reimplementing distant land.

try leaving Balmora

He compared some Nexus waifus to aliens.

The fuck?
Open your map

Does this refer to player characters where the player takes an obnoxious amount of lewd screenshots of them then posts them everywhere?

aliums are cute tho

I don't think you can script in LUA yet, at least not on the main branch. There's disagreement about what the users should be able to do when scripting and they're gonna have to sandbox it (they're very picky about file I/O for security reasons).

I think this instance was an npc mod that added "hot" females to the game.

Ruined

To elaborate on fellow anons, I'm pretty sure it's a common topic in-game. You can talk to like any Imperial officer and they're should be a keyword that brings up how the Empire finally just brooked their foot in the door on Vvardenfell.

But that character looks dark, like a Dunmer. Nerevar (and I presume Dagoth Ur, too) was Chimer.

Could it be just a random Dunmer?

That Iron helmet is pretty ugly though. PBR would be nice but I think it's the least of OpenMW's issues.

I'd rather see Tamriel Rebuilt finishing Morrowind using OpenMW's features they have to keep back on at the moment.

That's wishful thinking user, and you know it.

Last night's storm.jpg

I think whoever drew it just took some artistic license. The three figures outside seem like they could be the tribunal, especially seeing as one of them has a big head-thing like Sotha. But the mer sitting down isn't wearing Moon and Star, and it's hard to tell the colour of his skin with the light and shadow on his face. It's probably Nerevar, I don't see why the other three figures would be there if it was just a random Dunmer.

What skill level do I need to get my weapons to before I stop missing what feels like 70% of my attacks?

I don't remember it being so fucking bad. I waste so much time because of rats, cliff racers, and fucking leg mouth monsters somehow avoid attacks constantly.

If you're keeping your fatigue bar filled, you shouldn't be missing much, not if your weapon skill is higher than 30 or so.

Keep some stamina potions with you.

I went and looked at thr equation for hit change and I figured out my problem. My luck and agility were reduced at some point and I didn't realize it. They were both sub 10.

Morrowind is the most interesting and diverse landscapes from any TES game.

This is true.

There are swamps, deserts, forests, dead ash lands, mushroom forests, rocky coasts…

…,snowy islands, volcanic riverbeds, grasslands, volcanic mountains, not-Japan, mechanical cities and more.

As I was saying, mechanical cities, clay cities, floating cantons, skyscraper mushrooms, dead crab-chintin houses.

Imperial colonization forts, Dwemer ruins, rundown villages, daedric shrines, tombs.

Caves, dunmer forts and glaciers.

what mods should I install?

Mods or bug patches and stuff? Or graphics? What kind of a playthrough?

everything basic for the best vanilla playthrough. Graphical enhancements, bug fixes, general improvements, etc.

see

You couldn't have read the thread?

Nice screenshots. I wonder if there's any concept art of those giant king crab things alive, I've always wondered what they looked like

I think the materials for those buildings are supposed to be bonemold, meaning they're not actual skeletons, just bone matter that's been shaped and held together by resin.
uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Bone

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ald'ruhn

Well fuck, I never knew that. That's pretty rad.

They raised it as an undead to help fight off the Oblivion invasion, too.

Fuck, didn't read the entire post you replied to.

Morrowind Overhaul is something for you.

Tell me about Hasphat

Why does he want the puzzle box?

Shit forgot nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36945/?

Also, plenty of shit in that package is outdated. So I'd advise you to look up all the shit yourself and manually install/update it.

Because Dagoth Guy was making up bullshit.

That image has always been kind of retarded. The Elder Council are just rich fucks who bought their way into the not- Senate.

This is probably something I missed, but how is Hasphat related to the Elder Council? Is there some dialogue I missed?

see

Ah, okay, that makes sense. It's still a good question as to what the hell that puzzle box does, though.

And why someone in the Fighter's Guild (rather than the Mage's Guild) would be an authority on the Dwemer

Well Hasphat is a Morrowind historian who even wrote two books, one of them about the Dwemer. So I understand why he would want it, I'm just curious as to what he figured out about it, if anything.

Let me clarify: Why would a historian be in the fighter's guild? I could see him write a book about weapon techniques or taking proper care of armor, but a historian is something I would much rather expect to find in the ranks of the Mage's Guild.

smh tbh

The puzzle box transformed into that key he gives you a little later, that unlocks the lower reaches of the ruin.

Probably a gay poet warrior scholar, eh? Who are you; Vivec?!

I get what you're talking about. What I'm thinking is that his class is a drillmaster, so his job in the Fighter's guild is training new members. Perhaps the guild figured it would be good for outlanders to learn the local lore while they learn how to fight.

Wait, you're right. But I don't think it transformed into the key, it simply gave him instructions on how to make it. I dunno why, but I feel like there has to be more to it than just a key mold.

CodePatch 2.3. nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/26348/

see

I only enjoyed Skyrim once I turned it into a hunting and camping simulator and ignored all quests. I just hiked from one end of the map to the other. Feeding myself, camping at night, preparing food and water every morning, using left over furs and leathers to prepare clothes to protect from the elements, occasionally selling my goods and trading with inn keepers.

That entertained me for 15 hours. Haven't touched the game since.

Wow, that's fucking retarded just like everything else in that MMO.

This meme really pisses me off since I've only played most of the "classic" games in the last couple years and I've enjoyed almost all of them greatly.

Anyone know a place I can buy a telvanni mole crab helm?

Probably in a Telvanni settlement, if I had to guess.

You can do the quest in Tel Branora to kill that group outside the mushroom tower, I'm pretty sure at least one of those guys is wearing one. Could be wrong though

is this reddit?

It's far outdated anyway, Kingpix hasn't done anything to it in years.

I think they're quite rare to find in shops. I know there's a trader in Tel Branora who sells a Cephalopod Helm, and I think some of the Telvanni people inside the tower are wearing enchanted Mole Crab helms if you're up for a bit of killing. Unfortunately the other Telvanni outside the tower only have Bonemold equipment.

Speaking of amour, what are people's opinions on the best armour sets/items in terms of aesthetics? I quite like the boiled netch stuff with the Morag Tong helm, or the Mole Crab helm with Indoril armour.
pic related is also a personal favourite

WEW TO THE LAD!
archive.is/Rhfxd

You know what? I don't even care anymore. Let the Skyrim modding community kill itself with this cancer. I doubt Morrowind modders will use this shit and those that do probably don't make mods worth using anyway

If anyone needs to die here, it's Valve. The fucking jews.

Yeah I just made a character and I was trying to avoid killing. I remember seeing a vendor selling an enchanted mole crab helm when I wasnt looking for it. I dont remember where that vendor was however.

What do they think will be different this time? It's just going to be a bunch of shit modders pumping out shit mods for a dollar or two, which then get bought by the kind of unwitting retarded kids who would use a service like that. And inevitably there'll be backlash, and people mad that the mods they paid for don't work, or some parent finds out their kid spent a bunch of money on them and wants it back.
If this kind of model could be successful it already would be.

I'd be fine with modders getting paid, the companies can pay modders to bring their content to the game as an official free content expansion or offer something similar to those stamps in TF2 which were completely optional.

Rev up those fax machines boys.

I hope Gabe finally dies of a heart attack. That fat fuck is overdue for one. Listen to this shit.
Gabe, nobody falls for this shit. Nobody believes that you're just a humble engineer who's here to fix a problem in a system. If you actually gave a fuck about modders being compensated, I mean really cared, you'd be altruistic, and not set this up in a way that gives you a nice juicy cut of cash. Stop pretending you're anything other than just another businessman leech. Your mother "created value" when she tucked you in at night as a kid; does someone need to get paid for that, too? Does that someone happen to be you?
Fuck you, you disingenuous, greedy cunt.

No, no, no. YOU the player is the one who has to pay the modders, goy! Come on, their hard work deserves YOUR shekels!

He's got a pretty big knife collection. Let's see how many of them fit inside his fat fucking body

He's building all these theories on the assumption that no one would do anything without money as an incentive which obviously isn't the case given how great free modding has been for at least 20 years.

Yeah, you're right, the goyim is an animal in human form, a beast of burden only useful as resource to exploit for personal gain.

This is what pisses me off so much. Good, quality mods are so great because they're passion projects. Adding a monetary incentive will only flood the community with modders doing it only for the shekels

If anyone hasn't explored Tamriel Rebuilt, but is interested in it, here are some screenshots.

Vvardenfel and mainland are very near each other. It takes a bit of time to get used to. In most places it's still impractical to swim over, although you can water walk if you want to take a longer stroll.
Second is the river valley of Thirr, mainland Morrowind's biggest river. Just over the innger sea, south of Vivec.
Over there there's also Old Ebonheart, once a dunmer settlement, but long since claimed by imperials. Has more houses than any two cities of Skyrim combined.
Next up is Necrom, the city of death. Vast catacombs spread under it and very few live in it. It's a ritual city mostly inhabited by priests and the holiest city in Morrowind.
And the last one is the screenshot of now scrapped Almalexia. They'll redisign it once more.

Some more Tamriel Rebuilt pics.

It's seriously stupid that they made Old Ebonheart into an 'Imperial' settlement.

Why is that stupid?

Does TR work with openMW now?

It has worked with OpenMW for awhile.

Pretty much anything that doesn't use hacky workarounds like MWSE or MGE will work just fine. Also everything of importance from MCP is integrated directly into the engine.

TR is just a plugin, user.

I thought it was doing some wierd stuff getting the map larger, is it just the later games that die making the world larger?

I can install it on my laptop in that case and explore it whenever i visit my parents. :-)

What was the name of that website with "official" bethesda elder scrolls lore mentioning other planets among things. This was maybe even before fallout 4 came out, but I think this was a thing. at least I think I remember.

Give us more details. Doesn't exactly ring a bell. Might be multiple sites.

I think it had a code or something for fans to figure out on facebook and was made by one of the original authors. My memory is unfortunately very hazy on that one since I was going through withdrawals at the time.

Ah, yes.

c0da.es/

So what is this supposed to be anyways?

Kirkbride's writings. His intention was to make TES opensource lore wise, he still writes stuff for TES and bits and parts still get used and some see it as canon.
It's pretty cool.

It's many things to many people and very hard to understand if you're not well versed in both metaphysics and Kirkbrideian bullshit.

It's kind of an epilogue for the series that allows for (other worldly) alternate timelies so now reddit is acting like everything every fan writes is canon. Because of this c0da got on nerves of some anons, but it's about something else entirely. It's about the end of Numidium and unification of Lorkhan and Akatosh, leading to healing of the universe and allowing everyone to transcend from imperfect exsistence.
If you want more details, it's set in the vaning fifth era on the moons.

Not to mention how he defended and even helped faggots upload other mods without consent to get money for it and then DMCA the people who actually made those mods. The rights were given to the people who uploaded them rather than made them.

What was wrong with the old system of donating if you liked the mod enough to actually want to pay for it. Gabe just wants more money like the kike he is. He is now sperging out about how bad Trump and his fans are too.

Where?

Valve wasn't getting their cut, that's what was wrong with it!

You hear what they're replacing Greenlight with? Steam Direct, a system where you have to fill out some paperwork to show you're a legitimate operation, and pay a (supposedly reimbursable) fee. Right now they're floating amounts for that fee being as low as $100, and as high as FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARY DOOS.

Valve is jew and that's bad, but this is good. Fuck greenlight and fuck indies.

Is there a mod that allows you to batch potion-making? Like you can set it to make x10 of that option (provided you have the materials), and you still get the skill-building from it?

there are like 3 more loot stashes – chances outside of town. flying scroll guy, treasure in stump (water) and a boat not too far away. also that fucking ring in the crypt that is super easy to snag.

So… basically End of Evangelion in TES.

Yes.

The TES equivalent of End of Evangelion, sure.

Only Arena/nirn are usual planet created by Lorkhan. Stars are just holes in reality and so is the sun. Other PLANES not planets exist.

I think I seen something like it. But it was complex mod with lots of stuff.

Ebonheart the city was Dunmeri, and had a rivalry with Mournhold. I think Sotha's Clockwork City is supposed to be partially underneath it as well. Castle Ebonheart on Vvardenfell just borrowed the name from the old city, presumably as a symbol of connection and respect. I don't know why TR made it Imperial style, but in my opinion they did a good job with it, so I don't think it's too bad. They could have put a bit of traditional Dunmer architecture in it though.

Lorkhan created the entire plane of Mundus, which encompasses Nirn, Masser, Secunda and the eight planets that represent the Divines.
The sun and stars are holes in Oblivion, made by Magnus and his followers who left Mundus after its creation, and ripped through to Aetherius. This also allows pure magicka to flow into the world.

It was imperial settlement. Every faction uses its out architecture. Such as homes, forts, urts or motherfucking giant mushrooms.

Read my post you nig, Old Ebonheart is Dunmeri in the lore, and has been since Arena.

First time experiencing Morrowland?

Why are you doing this Holla Forums??(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

We're onto your tricks leftypol. Fuck off.

you went full retard

heh

You guys need to visit leftylel a bit more..

Post best Potions

Hang yourself. Daedra have no sex, so it's okay if some represent themselves as both a vengeful woman and violent dude, depending on when and where.
Vivec has povers to physically change himself into a degenerate and he's using it. He's still metaphysically male, until c0da at least. Again, hang yourself.

my nigga

I do regret not mentioning the loot in the two tree stumps outside the lighthouse(goblet and gold in one of them, enchanted axe in the other). I figured Tarhiel was easy enough to find though, and the ancestral tomb with the ring is right up the road from him.

Where can I find a download of the complete edition?
what are some good mods to install on Morrowind?

I only ever played the xbox version of this

From the sharethread archives:
mega.nz/#!3Q931DQZ!1c9dGjctI_TqxEme3lONJMHOfBfesp4bMNQOLDUKJYM
As for mods, read the rest of the thread

Please don't try to make this a /leftytard/ vs /poltard/ fight

keep politics out of Holla Forums you faggot

holy shit you and your ilk need to kill yourselves.

Thanks, I thought the share threads moved to scurvy though.

To my knowledge there aren't many mods worth adding to Morrowind since the base game has so much content. I'm going through the xbox version, and so far I really enjoy it. I wouldn't mind something making melee weapons as powerful as magic though.

Surprisingly Holla Forums's sharethreads are much less dead than /scurv/. Not really saying much though.

sage for off topic

fuck, forgot to unsage

Dude just use the link I posted and play it on PC, it'll run on a toaster. It was impressive they were able to port it to xbox but you really are missing out on significantly improved performance and some great mods

Leftypol, they are Gods they ascended body and spirit. Your tactics to take over are still as worthless in Germany 1912 to 1924.

Eh, to be honest I like playing it on my Xbox more because I can just relax in bed and play it. I never really found any mods that made the game more interesting for me, do you know of any good ones?

Tamriel Rebuilt is a must have for Mororwind if you like exploring (the questline is unfinished as of now). It adds 2/3 of mainland Morrowind.
If you can get git gud, try Trainwz's Sotha Sil Expanded. It's expansion tier addition to Tribunal content.
If it's not your first playthrough Tomb of the Snow Prince remake of Solstheim is great.

These three are probably best TES content mods to date. The first two definitely are.

Interesting, I'll check them out. Thanks user.

I've never used the Tomb of the Snow Prince quest mod but the way it remakes Solstheim is pretty great.

The Doors of Oblvion, Sotha Sil Expanded, Tamriel Rebuilt, Welcome to the Arena

How good is this?

First time going through Morrowind in OpenMW, modded it a bit but nothing too heavy in regards to gameplay. Enjoying myself, having to keep track of quests in a journal instead of map markers is a breath of fresh air and the atmosphere/world is pretty neat. That said, not sure how you can tell you're being detected while sneaking, nothing in the UI seems to indicate it.

I relax in bed while playing it on PC.

If there is nothing in UI it means you ARE detected by something. When unseen, a pretty noticeable icon will appear. Unless it's different in OpenMW.

Oh, almost forgot, have a shitpost me and a friend made.

I think it might, but the UI might just be smaller so I'll look out for it.

Nah UI is the same in OpenMW. Unfortunately I would say fuck sneaking, I've always found it pretty useless compared to invisibilty. Unless you're willing to abuse chameleon spells

Not a sneaky character, I was just wondering how sneaking worked.

That is the dumbest shit I've heard. Ah well at least we can pick apart the corpse for assets.

I should probably get rid of that landscape texture mod, already getting drops when I enter Balmora.