Silent Hill Thread

James, honey. Did something happen to you? After we got separated in that long hallway?
Are you confusing me with someone else? You were always so forgetful. Remember that time in the hotel?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!mkVHhDZR!I6U9dCVWqRANe9kTd4Wzog
mega.nz/#!DNARHIAT!jeJv0ls4N9HkrvHFwTOOPRsbsP-dKpgqaItyzWUu30o
my.mixtape.moe/lctaat.7z
gamefaqs.com/ps2/919554-silent-hill-4-the-room/faqs/36931
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there a single ending in the entire vidya industry history that more impactful and memorable than the UFO endings from Silent Hill?

The puzzles and writing of SH suck shit compared to the original AITD. The combat is very boring as well. Could be a far better game if these things were improved. The newer games didn't fix these aspects.

Every god damn thread with this, leave

Ending E from Drakengard

chill, bud

I'll chill when you just start making Alone in the Dark threads instead of coming to every Silent Hill one to talk about it

AITD is completely done. No more games, no more fanbase. SH still has a shred of future.

It has been a long time since I played this Holla Forums so help me out a little
Was Maria an actual person, a manifestation of the town wanting to deceive James or what was she?

that is a confused wolfo

I love Alone in the dark. We should really have a thread about DOS horror games.

Maria was basically a waifu made real by the town. She's an idealized form of Mary catering specifically to James. There's a bit more to it but I won't spoil the fun of actually reading this shit. Stay the fuck away from the Silent Hill wiki though. They do asspulls like no tomorrow and actually attempt to make the Silent Hill lore all pozzed.

Thanks user im gonna try to play it this weekend despite owning the HD version
And I agree with you the SH wiki is a fucking mess, they explain everything by saying that it is a projection of the MC sexual frustration and worst of all they are okay with BoM being canon

You own the HD Collection? But why?

If Konami actually seems to be doing something decent with Super Bomberman R, I wonder how Silent Hill could end up if they dig some Team Silent members out of pachink/mobile hell. That is if there's any left.

I bought the HD version because it cost me five dollars and because I didn't own a PS2 anymore and because I don't know about the downgrade

There was some 2D indie game that was aesthetically similar to Silent Hill. Can anybody remember what it was? It has a demo.

Is everyone Mark now?

I just fucking love Silent Hill. I am not into any horror stuff because I am a cold blood motherfucker but Silent Hill? I just fucking love it.

Story and all the manifestation thing is so good in my opinion. Its, I don't know something different and catchy about it to me. I can't explain tho.

It feels like revisiting your neighbourhood after 15 years and get completely nostalgic and depressive with too much memories.

And the musics are fucking A. Akira Yamaoka is better and more talented than Mozart or other shitters in my opinion.

That face when you never played though one of them, because horror games suck shit as an actual game.

Did you mean to reply to me?

Nah, just pressed random number to pop up quick reply window and forget to delete your number lel.

Why the fuck did they skip over 3?

I think that you are talking about Lone Survivor

Play the PC versions man! Good god, just throw that shit in the trash, and wash your hands! Here, let me help you man. I got you bro.

Silent Hill 2 Directors Cut
mega.nz/#F!mkVHhDZR!I6U9dCVWqRANe9kTd4Wzog

Silent Hill 3
mega.nz/#!DNARHIAT!jeJv0ls4N9HkrvHFwTOOPRsbsP-dKpgqaItyzWUu30o

Xpadder profiles for SH2 and SH3
my.mixtape.moe/lctaat.7z

Yeah that's it. I played the demo years ago on a shitty laptop and it lagged to hell at some point. Considering this is pixelshit, is it just terribly optimized?

I'm emulating that and it's great, but FMVs are broken in both HW and SW mode.

Nice! Im gonna start downloading this right now, thanks a lot user, god bless

PS2 versions are the best versions.

Why bother.

lemme in

Yes, but PC versions are pretty damn good too. Except for SH4.

The links are ded anyhow. Everything you need is in PCGamingWiki and I posted the xpadder profiles already which are probably the most difficult to find.

They're not. Bad framerate, huge amounts of motion blur to hid said bad framerate, blurry textures, low resolution.

If you want to play a console version of SH2 than go with the Xbox version it's just a step below the PC version.

I'm not sure if it stood the test of time but I remember this ending caused some huge ripples.
Ended up getting censored in the western release, of course.

One of the most in depth, comprehensive pieces I've come across online years ago is surprisingly this plot analysis on gamefaqs:

gamefaqs.com/ps2/919554-silent-hill-4-the-room/faqs/36931

Yeah, you're not reading all that in a day. It's pretty accurate on a lot and some others maybe not so much. Can't remember on what though. Anyway, have fun.

There's an option in the gfx plugin to set resolution to native during FMVs. That bug only occurs when you upscale.

Nope, tried that. It only fixed some of them.

Ah ok. That sucks.

I remember that thead, good times

New to Silent Hill; considering playing it one of these days. Should I start with the originals or the HD collection? What's BoM? And how does it relate to canon?

DO NOT PLAY HD COLLECTION

Play SH 1, 2 and 3.

But why?

textures, lighting effects and other stuff got fucked

They're shit.

The HD collections were done with incomplete source code of 2 and 3 and it's all around just terrible.

2 hours of reasons why.

I played through all Silent Hill games but 3. Did i miss out?

3 is the timeline sequel to two. It was breddy gud. You play a grill.

Silent Hill 4 is underrated

It really is. It's actually my second favorite SH.

I could never really get into it. Granted I didn't ever really get far, but SH 1, 2 and 3 grabbed me right away.

Just how deluded are you?