Have you gotten a legit Mew, Holla Forums?

Have you gotten a legit Mew, Holla Forums?

Its a shame its pretty fucking easy to glitch yourself any ID number you want by exploiting hidden values and shit

I got a legit Mew using this method.
It used the code in the game as-is so it doesn't count as cheating

yeah got one from pokemans ranch. game sucked but the mew was pretty neat.

I got one last year with the whole celebration thingy

How did you get a fucking mew in pokemon ranch!?

My uncle works for Nintendo so I got one, no certificate though so he wouldn't get in trouble.

Got one from Toys R Us during the firered/leafgreen giveaways.

you had to have like 100 pokemon or something, it was literally only reason to buy that shovelware

There must be a guide in bulbapedia serebii

meant to reply to

Yeah, back in Emerald version. Fuck TPC or NoA or whoever for deciding to just hand them out, rather than let westerners access World's Edge Island with the Old Sea Map or whatever it was to actually catch it.

I got one in Pokemon Yellow with the glitch involving Abra. I'm guessing that's not considered legit though.

This is what I hate most about the pokemon series. Content that you can only get by going to a specific location at a specific time with the game. It's worse than pre-order exclusive dlc.

Fuckin' aye!

Imagine living in rural Scandinavia - fat chance you'll get a Nintendo event close enough to visit…

Even in the US they sometimes outright ignored events, or just gave us welfare handouts rather than let us actually catch stuff ourselves. Where I live, during Gen III we at least got the Naval Rock event at Pokemon Rocks America (which actually was within driving distance) and the Eon Ticket was available as an e-reader card (Emerald can't use the card natively, but you could do that record swap thing to get the ticket ingame), but we never got the Deoxys ticket locally, nor the Old Sea Map. And while you'd think that the DS having wifi connection would resolve these issues (and it did, to a degree), there were still plenty of event Pokemon and items they opted to not distribute out here with those games anyhow.

You have to import like 500 or so Pokemon

Pretty sure the Time Capsule, or whatever it's called, worked both ways. You just couldn't trade a Gen II Pokemon to Gen I, or one that knew movies it couldn't know in Gen I. I could be wrong though, been a long time since those days.

Only thing I ever really wanted was a surf Alolan Raichu, and it's hard as shit to get surfing Pichu or Pikachus now to try that.

It really sucks when they never end up using stuff coded into the game, like the spear pillar, or the GS Ball (in the west)

God only knows why they allow you to move mons from RB to S&M. If they'd re-released FR/LG it'd have been more sensible, but Gen 1-2 and 3+ are simply incompatible.

The time capsule is bi-directional.

nigger you think that's bad? i grew up in rural Canada, literally six hours away from an actual city, and didn't get a single event within driving distance until the DS games - and even then we only got garbage from FUCKING EB GAMES

I'm not trying to say that fans in other countries/areas didn't get fucked over harder, just that even in the US they didn't bother to really make more of a complete effort like one might expect them to have.