Tactics Ogre PSP

I just finished Final Fantasy Tactics and I want to ask as somebody who never played Tactics Ogre, should I play the PSP remake?

It seems to have cool features like an overhead 2D flat mode and a time rewind feature to see branching paths, but after doing some research a lot of people seem to dislike the rebalancing and the dumbed down AI. Did any of you experince these issues or are they full of shit? I dont mind playing the original but I can live with an excuse to have it on a handheld that is not my phone. unless the PS1 version is good enough in wich case I could just simply run an .eboot

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-tactics-13
archive.is/ozvrM
archive.is/Tp8UB
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You just reminded me I have this sitting in my backlog. Its for psp as well, I'm emulating it.

Oh wait you knew it was for psp.

Now play FF Tactics 1.3
moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-tactics-13

I've heard the original PSx version is better, but I can't remember what the user's argument was

The PSP game is absolutely amazing until the leveling up system completely breaks.

For some reason someone thought it would be a good idea to make all stat increases related to picking up cards randomly dropped by enemies once they die. About halfway in you'll find yourself completely fucked because this is not explained anywhere in the game and you'll have to spend hours over hours repeating the same boring random battles to get 2 of the cards per battle for your whole team of 10.

Apart from that though, lovely game

Only if you got nothing else to play OP.

The game is amazingly slow, both in character growth and in turn by turn gameplay. Skills are the most bland and useless ones. I have ever seen. Story is mediocre and not worth torturing yourself with a billion simplistic repetitive battles on generic featureless maps.

Actually you also gain 0.2 to all stats everytime the class of the character is currently in goes up, so having all your characters in a single class the whole game and switching once its capped is the best way to max your stat gain.
So you'd spend all game leveling with everyone stuck as squire or whatever the basic soldier is until you unlock all characters then level every class one by one, which is awfully boring.

You don't really need to max your stats at all unless you want to break the game anyway, and farming beasts to sell for meat is a better way to gain stats than picking up cards.

WHAT KIND OF MADMAN GETS OFF WITH THIS SHIT

?
Care to explain? I've been stuck at an empasse because all my characters suck and I'd love to get unstuck

this card thing only happens on the PSP port?

I have not played the original, but as far as I've heard the original is much much harder

also a bit unrelated but I will take an excuse for a free bump

Im going to start Final Fantasy Tactics Advance too, I remember that it had a really annoying law system that forbid you from doing certain things depending of the region, should I just apply the anarchy patch or does it break the game later on?

Read these two threads from GameFAQs:

archive.is/ozvrM
archive.is/Tp8UB

Cards drop from enemies in the original, too. It's the best way to have someone at low level get the stats they need to get a high-stat growth job. Remember that characters can only have up to lv 50 total across all jobs, if you job hop a lot they end up unfocused, statwise

The laws aren't annoying enough to require them. There's also an in game way to nullify laws after a certain point. I'm also pretty sure you can bring up the laws on the map at anytime so you know what laws would be present ahead of time before a fight. This way, you can wait for the annoying laws to pass by roaming around until you get a set of laws that you can deal with.

I don't remember the laws being too bad in Advanced.
I do remember them being a pain in the ass in A2 though, since they added stuff like "Can't do X amount of healing/damage" laws, though I can't remember if they were for side missions or main missions, it's been way too long.

Didn't even bother playing the rest of the game.

you farm dragons, octopus and shit and sell them, so the shop them makes 5 meats available which boost your stats (which stat depends on what animal you sold).

As someone who played through this several times, don't. It's rather shit, and I don't even know where to begin with making it not an unending chore.
OF ALL THE LUCK

Then why did you play it deveral times

The PSP remake is pretty a straightforward SRPG that can help you get into the SRPG genre, the art and music alone make it worth a play through.

If you end up liking the SRPG style i recommend to play FF Tactics next and after that Grownlanser Wayfarer of Time.

Chaos best route, Vyce a shit.

Catiua a shit

Both versions are great but they are very different, the PSP remake added so much new stuff that it feels like some sort of sequel.

My only complain about the PSP game is being easier, this is not because the AI is bad but rather because some classes are just completely broken(Archer and Ninja mostly) and let you clear the game with no real effort.

That was pretty much the killer for me. Hey here is this new unit! Please spend a bunch of time grinding random battles to get their level up to somewhere even remotely close to your main party. Repeat that a few times with different units and I usually start to lose interest in playing.