New Vita Thread

"Extellar" Edition

WHATCHA:
And still importantly, are you having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2017/

Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Wallpapers:ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2017/02/10/epsp-bubble-installer-2-0-activation-without-psn-psvita/
archive.is/gCjnm
archive.is/tNPMQ
pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu
twitter.com/PSVita/status/831953395422486528
mariio128.com/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-english-subs-ps-vita-as.html
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17LP
nichegamer.com/2017/02/17/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-heads-west-pc-ps4-ps-vita-fall-2017/
atlus.com/sales/ys_viii.php
github.com/Freakler/vita-AdrenalineEasyInstaller/releases/tag/v1.05
gematsu.com/2017/02/dungeon-travelers-2-2-details-libra-sealbooks-mutants-grand-sealbooks-monster-summoning
wololo.net/2016/08/05/release-memcardswap-1-0-swap-vita-memory-cards-without-format/
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/tutorials/how_to_install_the_pstv_whitelist_patch_v2.html
wololo.net/2017/02/22/ps-vita-3-63-owners-rejoice-hidden-applications/
wololo.net/2017/02/25/install-ark-epsp-custom-firmware-ps-vita-3-63/
archive.is/kl8Cu#selection-2645.0-2651.0
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/stranger-of-sword-city-revisited/cid=UP3489-PCSE01052_00-SOSCBLACKPALACEA
gematsu.com/2017/03/nep-nep-connect-chaos-chanpuru-details-card-growth
nichegamer.com/2017/03/01/omega-labyrinth-z-japanese-release-date-set-for-july-6/
gematsu.com/2017/03/cosmic-star-heroine-ps4-pc-launches-april-11
amadeusproject.cf/
strawpoll.com/5w89zx2
social.gust.co.jp/gakkou/special_07.html
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/atelier-firis-the-alchemist-and-the-mysterious-journey-bonus/cid=UP4108-PCSE01044_00-PLUSBONUS000VITA
compileheart.com/countdown/20170308/
nichegamer.com/2017/03/08/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-western-launch-set-for-may-23/
nichegamer.com/2017/03/09/psychological-music-thriller-caligula-effect-heads-west-ps-vita-may-2/
archive.fo/fBGrk
wololo.net/vita-3-60-homebrewsemulatorshacking-guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to impregnate Nero Saber.

I want to marry Nero Saber.

I want to hold hands with Nero Saber.

Fate/Extella, Gravity Rush 2
Yomawari, DangItRonPaul V3
Nothing, feebly attempting to save money.
> fun?
Extella is pretty fun, yeah. Kinda sad there's no multiplayer though.

why not both?

Is it worth getting digimon new order on the vita? Any new RPG games you recommend?

No idea about Digimon NO on Vita, besides that it's digital-only in North America. I still have to finish Cyber Sleuth first who knows when that will be

If you're looking for some upcoming/recent stuff, look at the chart in the OP and the IPlayPSVita release list and see what grabs your attention. I know Mary Skelter is coming out soon-ish.

Was playing Borderlands 2 on the Vita but I uninstalled it in favor of Killzone Mercs and other games. Besides the framerate being as bad as people mentioned the driving controls were unbearable and trying to use weapons like shotguns or sniper rifles on enemies felt terrible because of horrible animations.

Its annoying because something like this would be ideal for a game to play between killing time during breaks or for playing on the bus. Instead they made a poor 1:1 port.
Nothing for now
Got Touch my Katamari on sale.

OCing the device not fix any of the issues?

Still havent modded my Vita yet, maybe if its OC'd it can fix the terrible framerate since I assume its locked to 30fps which would be playable. Though there are still some issues related to gameplay like poor vehicle handling and the fact that some options like sprinting are mapped to the back touchpad.

Dungeon Travelers 2, just reached Echidna yesterday and getting utterly curbstomped. I haven't been this erect in months.
DT2-2, Hollow Realization
Nothing, saving money for a new gun
Surprisingly yes. Things are looking alright.

I found a sealed Lionheart edition of Cold Steel at a gamestop for $30 the other day. I went and bought it even though I already have the game digitally. Not sure if I want to open it up for the extras or just leave it sealed forever.

Take me with you to Gensokyo.

Real question is, now that the switch is revealed, will Vita finally get a successor? Nobody can beat Sony when it comes to handheld console aesthetics and the Vita is ugly as hell.

Something had better come along to fill the portable void now the 3DS is on life support, and if it's Sony they'd better get their shit together this time. Get the games, limit the gimmicky nonsense, market it better.

I don't think I could handle more bullshit like proprietary memory cards or one account per card (when each account is region locked.) They needa relax if they want more people to buy it

Didn't they already confirm that there wasn't gonna be a vita successor?

Project Diva, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0
NieR: Automata
Switch, BotW, NieR

Been playing my Vita less recently. PS4 has been getting lots of shit.

The gimmicks on the vita weren't that bad, the back touchpads were awful but the touchscreen itself was fine when properly used. The problem with Sony's handhelds are always that they market it like fucktards and ignore half the good games in western markets because nobody wants to market to weebs. They should focus on creating a handheld specific IP and going with it, exclusives are keeping Nintendo afloat right now and if Sony can get a good IP on their handhelds and get people off Nintendo handhelds they can fuck them.

The PSP used a proprietary memory card too but it was a format that had uses outside of the console (specifically cameras) and eventually got 3rd party vendors. The problem is during the time between the PSP and PSV SD cards matured into a better medium so the vita got a proprietary SD card that was slow as shit, 10x the cost, and had a higher failure rate than normal solely because Sony wanted to lock the console down.

They also claimed they were dropping out when the PSP was reaching the end of its lifespan if i recall but obviously that didn't happen.

That is a major problem with Sony, they wait to get decent shit until late in the console cycle.

restarted Neo Atlas 1469 to get ready for the localization on the PC
also been playing Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics a lot still wish it was just a straight port of OWH+ over an actual remake
Ys Origin
Windjammers
Toukiden 2
Mary Skelter: Nightmares
Tokyo Xanadu
Nothing till Toukiden 2 since Ys Origin got delayed.
a decent amount

wololo.net/2017/02/10/epsp-bubble-installer-2-0-activation-without-psn-psvita/

What a bumpy ride this was. For those having issues with it not activating worth a damn, go to settings app -> PSN, cancel the update prompt, then go to system activation, game, activate. That should succeed and the bubble installer should now work. From there run easy Adrenaline installer.

Next issue I had was a broken Adrenaline bubble and not being unable to uninstall it thanks to the installer also choking on it. Managed to get the uninstaller to stop crashing through some tai/config.txt someone put up as a solution elsewhere, deleted Adrenaline, re-ran bubble install, and Adrenaline installer. This time it worked, as did a test game of DXC.

At least it worked in the end. I'm always antsy with Vita hacking.

Should i use this if already have adrenaline installed?
i heard it takes up less space
full psp game support when?
Ps1 bubbles when?
3.61+ piracy support when?
homebrew/cfw at the 3ds/psp level when?

Is there a download for the english version of Extreme VS Force or am I going to have to buy that shit with my tax refund?
I'll upload it if I have to buy it

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus
Dang It Ron Paul V3, Caligula, Mary Skelter, Ciel Nosurge in English
Fate/Extella and Valkyrie Drive

Too bad the thing is dead.

It's available. Check the torrent.

Has anyone tried installing games over USB? I realize I can transfer files faster now, but I was wondering if the installation process has changed at all.

That one is in nip or chink.

Less space probably only applies to the setup process when you need a game to inject into. I could be wrong though. Assuming that I'm not I'd just leave your setup as it is.

Probably never. They actually managed to make something reasonably secure, and there's a lot less interest in it than 3DS.

No it's just faster at moving files. Too bad it uses some strange FAT32 variant.

Look up PCSH00195.

Yeah, it took me some research to get it working on Linux. I've got ARK now, though, and I think I prefer it to Adrenaline. I'll stick with it until Adrenaline gets updated.

Whats the difference really?

They both play PSP games and run homebrew, but ARK is simpler and quicker in terms of the interface. Adrenaline lets you run plugins and comes with some extra features like filtering, but it's more "bloated" in a sense. I prefer the simplicity of ARK at the moment. PS1 support and full ram usage will probably change that.

archive.is/gCjnm

Literally said "coming never" in the last thread or two.

I have never even heard of the dev or the game till this post

Yugioh and Ace Combat 3. Also picking DT2 back up.
I don't have money for shit, but I'd like to import Nobunaga's Ambition or Dragon Quest Heroes II someday.

Nothing, i'm flat broke.

Although now that I have the confirmation, I can just cross that off my wishlist. First VA-11 HALL-A turns out to be a disappointment, then Rabi Ribi get put on the "never ever" list, and now this. I thought indie games were supposed to come easily to the Vita. This sucks.

wasn't limited run games suppose to handle a physical release of that?

Highly doubt it. You might be thinking of another game. Rabi Ribi never even got an actual release date.

I check LRG's forums, apparently it did get an announcement but nothing has been said since

Oh shit. I need to get money together for that.

archive.is/tNPMQ
So was this game any decent?

Looks like PSTV will be able to use USB mass storage to play games and homebrew. Pretty big deal, PSTV owners won't have to deal with Sony's turbo-jew memory cards soon. I'm happy I have two PSTVs on 3.60

god fucking dammit

decent enough

Too bad the PSTV still can't play games that I want. Also wish it had S-video out, but that's just me.

With the whitelist hack the PSTV probably can play most of the games you want. Out of the 80 games I own only 9 or 10 don't work after the whitelist hack, most of those being early titles like Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Gravity Rush, Teraway. There are a few good games which pretty much require the touch screen, a vast majority of the Vita's good games work on PSTV.

The USB hack isn't out yet I don't think, only announced its possible and will happen in the future.

If Sony just re-released the Vita with:

None of these changes would cost much, and they would probably revive the Vita. While it'll never be the PSP/DS glory days again, there is a hungry niche for mature handheld gaming that the 3DS or phones aren't scratching.

But as it stands, the Vita has stopped being manufactured for the west, and even support in Japan is dwindling. I'll never understand why Sony built such a strong platform with room to grow and then just left it to die.

I agree. Just about all of these would solve Sony's issues with the vita. But then again, re-releasing the Vita at this point wouldn't go very well I would bet, after how burned people have been already. They'd have to be selling it at a pretty cheap price.

Because they couldn't ever admit publicly that they fucked up or, god forbid, try to mend where they fucked up, so they just silently pulled the plug.

Sony ruined themselves with their own jewry

It'll be out after the theme contest for Vitashell ends in about a week. Fuck yes.

Because the PS4 took off, and they couldn't be bothered to support the Vita.

Most, but not all. It's enough to keep me from buying it.

The sad thing (when comparing to Sony, anyhow) is that Nintendo actually did their part to admit the 3DS had issues early on and worked to remedy at least some of them, like the pricing. Granted, the 3DS still has its issues, but an effort was made to get the system out of the hole. Meanwhile, Sony seems content to ignore how to improve the Vita's situation out here, opting to just let it die, shift the bulk of their focus to the PS4 instead, and claim they aren't interested in making another portable. I might be wrong, but the one thing that stands out the SCEA did right was eventually doing that poll to see what games on the system in Japan western fans wanted out here. Too bad Tales of Hearts R was all fucked up in localization because Namco gave no shit about holding 8-4 to the usual leash they'd had them on before for the series.

You're right though. It's a shame that admitting to having made a mistake seems to be considered a symbol of weakness, rather than a first step towards improvement.

>pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu
Does anyone have the archives of the Vita hacking threads?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the worst thing to happen to games wasn't DLC, early access, Steam, greedy publishers, or lazy devs. It was modern gamers.

Don't even pretend this was something Nintendo did to fix what they perceived to be a problem. They did it because a competitor was set to eat the 3DS alive by offering an infinitely more powerful and high tech piece of hardware at the same price point.

I'm considering getting this J-Stars game on sale, it seems amusing enough.
I either don't know or don't like half of the faggots in the screens, but I spotted my nigga Vegeta and the main man Kenshiro so that's enough to sway me. And the idea of shooting a kamehameha into that annoying turbofag Naruto's face appeals to me.
Is it actually any fun? Is there any JoJo in it?

Goddamned normalfags, every time.

Eh it's really lame honestly. I played the PS4 version and was pretty non-enthused. The only difference between versions of course being graphical fidelity. These 3D run-around-aimlessly-in-an-arena fighters don't really work for me. maybe i'm just too old fashioned And yeah, it has Jonathan and Joseph in it.

For 6 Bong Bucks I can't go wrong

I've played both Senrans to completion so I think I'm good.

I like senrans a lot too, but what differentiates them from J-stars is that they have more than two enemies on screen most of the time.
I enjoyed it for around ten hours though.

it's different than the Senrans. You don't have cannon fodder to fight or anything, it's just you, your team mate, and then the two enemy fighters. It's pretty boring.

Jesus fuck I cannot wait. I've been binge rewatching Might Gaine, and this game cannot come nearly fast enough. Whatever the fuck they do with Black Noire is going to be insane

Just been to my local store but is it true that the vita is going to be discontinued? They're not the type to lie since I pretty much buy my shit from there.

If Sony discontinued the Vita at this point they'd basically be forfeiting from the vidya industry

Jap-user, I love the Vita too, but the PS4 is actually getting games now. Nioh is fucking fantastic, Gravity Rush 2 was a great sequel, and Nier Automata comes out in a week and a half.

It's slowly starting to pick up, but most devs won't do more than make ports of their Vita or PS3 titles for it yet. When it gets an exclusive SRW, then we'll be talking, but even then handhelds are what keep companies afloat here, and if Sony drops the Vita without introducing a successor, they are royally fucked.

The thing is, the PS4 is doing so well in the worldwide right now (it's literally beating PS2 sales launch dates aligned) I'm not sure they're too worried about Japan. Even Japanese releases tend to rely on the worldwide market these days anyway, so I doubt devs care all that much about the domestic sales unless they're the nichest of the niche.

The foreign market isn't that influential to most developers though - foreign releases make far less profit per sale due to tons of added costs, and the returns come in far later than domestic sales do. Unless you're a huge company like Capcom or Square, you simply can't keep the lights on if you're not making money at home. Millions of PS4 units being sold in America/Europe/wherever sounds nice on paper, but it doesn't mean shit to the people actually making games.

How about the digital market? They'll supply the western market I hopeless least 'localize' some of their Japanese products? I really love my vita but PS4 suddenly started pumping out games that I had to leave it for a while till I start traveling again

Digital saves the costs of printing and shipping to foreign countries, but foreignizing a game for the foreign market is still expensive, as is marketing, and that's if the game's concept is even marketable to foreigners in the first place. There might be a million PS4s in foreignerland, but if they're only buying Call of Madden, there's no point in trying to sell video games to them.

I should clarify that I'm not saying there's zero worth in looking at foreign markets, but the reality is that for the average game developer, if you're not breaking even at home, you're not making that game. Potential foreign sales don't drive the market for most developers, which is why you're still seeing basically everything coming out on the Vita and 3DS.

Vita is dead, you all should just go home.

Why don't you become that nobody?

send me instructions on how to do it and I will

Is this sword art online game any good?

Isn't this the video games board?

Still not played it myself but I hear that if you enjoyed the first game then you'll probably enjoy that.

Are you dreaming? Right now, the biggest software giant bar none is Valve's Steam Platform. No software sales across any consoles are outperforming it. None of these surprise PS4/Vita=> Steam ports announced thus far this year are happening in a vacuum. Japan is finally moving to where they see the money being kinetic.

One or two mid-level niche titles with moderate advertising budgets is going to change that. Call Nioh a game changer when results come in that says 2 or 3 million units were actually retail sold. GR2 isn't going to see such numbers, Nier 2 moreso. You're dreaming if you think otherwise.

PS4 is still limping. It's exclusives are beginning to go elsewhere aside of a handful. The best "game" Sony has at the moment is the "stall the PC port" game. And I'm not meaning to shit on Sony, here. The reality is the reality. I'm still looking damned forward to DT2-2, but I'm also not going to shitcoat for the company. Sony's biggest sales are hardware. They're not a leader in software sales as of Fall 2016.

>One or two mid-level niche titles with moderate advertising budgets is not going to change that.
fix'd

PC ports are only a thing for foreigners generally though, it's basically just seen as the eroge platform at home. Even Falcom seems to have slowed down if not outright stopped doing PC ports.

Even as you say that there's unaccounted for info.

- Sony's domestic pull has shrunk. Software is not hitting predicted numbers, even giant titles (FFXV's 5 million "shipped" vs less than 1 million "sold")
- The uptick in the trend of PC ports from certain houses. KT is getting cozier with PC. More than that, the B and C level studios (Idea/Compile, NIS, Falcom's majority library). Capcom's rumored to go VR which is a thin rumor, but PC development is more likely.
- The reason for that uptick is the software sales I mentioned. Again, PS4 is a hardware safehouse but it is not pushing games in the numbers they need to hope for to remain the dominant power in the coming years.

A shift in market lead and houses on development outside the Nintendo brand is about to happen.

twitter.com/PSVita/status/831953395422486528

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you pretending to be retarded?

you fucked up

If anyone is interested in a physical copy of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth in English, Mariio128 just restocked them today.

Hope this helps someone who, like me, was also foolishly waiting for a sale price on this title which, thanks to Namco Bandai low print runs on Vita games, will likely never be available for a retail price again soon. Unless they changed their minds and this is part of a new print run I haven't heard about.

mariio128.com/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-english-subs-ps-vita-as.html

I havent used my vita in a year anyone mind recommending me some weeb games? Or anything really?

what genre are you into? check OP's second pic for a list of the vita weeb games.
It's not a recommendation list, it's a just a list of available gaems right now.

Figure I might ask, but is there any chance that that cartridge might work with the NA DLC? I know usually you'd have to download from the PSN of the region a print is from, but I've heard that every so often, Asian prints wind up with the same code or whatever as the DLC on the NA or PAL PSN, and thus DLC from those can work with the carts without needing to change regions.

I like a wide variety of genres but anything comfy will do!

Specifically Cyber Sleuth is confirmed to work only with EU and Asia region DLC, so NA is out sadly. You're right that rarely the DLC from NA crosses over, but it's very rare. Usually it's the EU version of the game that gets used in Asia which is what allows the DLC from the EU region to work with it in those cases, likewise for the rare cases in which the NA DLC is used for an Asia region game.

Heard dragon quest builders is comfy to a level of near monotony, but still great if that's the feeling you're looking for.

Well i'm pissed, that's the third game i wanted to play that doesn't work.
Time to make money and buy myself a psp

You're still missing that these PC ports when they do happen are pretty much a foreigner exclusive thing. Most devs can't afford to bank on foreign dollars to keep the lights on.

So if I wanted to get into the Atelier games and I'm limited to the Vita which one should I grab?

Start with Rorona, then Totori, Meruru, Ayesha, Escha n Logy, Shallie

Dusk game. Ayesha's cheap.
Continue with the Dusk trilogy, or wait and snipe the Arland trilogy when it goes on sale. It should do that either over spring, or during Golden Week.

Well the price doesn't really matter for me just wanna know which one is best for a starter.

Lost Song is PRETTY different from Hollow Fragment and Hollow Realization. The battle system itself is less restrictive, doesn't feel as stilted and MMO-y as it does in those other two. Also, you can fly, which makes exploration pretty enjoyable. The character events are still pretty amusing as well, if you liked the ones in HF, but they aren't quite as lewd with the CGs.

And let me get this out of the way: I fucking hate SAO. It's one of the worst franchises to exist. Reki Kawahara is a goddamn autistic hack and a piece of shit. But I found something to be enjoyed in HF and LS despite that especially since I bothered to beat LS. I should note that LS doesn't have much post-game content. But the main story was enjoyable-ish enough for me to bother beating it; though I'll give a part of that to the fact the world is based in Norse mythology, so you see Norse gods as bosses n shit, which is neat. I wouldn't think it's worth Platting or anything though; especially since some of the trophies require multiplayer.

I'd say get it if you can get it for ~$25 or less.

Ayesha+ is the best starter, hands down.

Were any of these games given a physical Vita release?

Just two games: Escha & Logy, and Shallie

see

Ayesha+ was sadly digital-only, and Escha & Logy+ had a limited physical release a la NISA.

Both physicals (in the US) are printed by NISA. If you want to avoid that, you have to get the Aussie version, available at Play-Asia last I looked.

Oh so NISA only did the physical versions? NISA is one of those companies that I'm fine with giving money as long as I research and find out they didn't fuck anything up.

With Gust's games these days, here's how it works: Gust develops, TK publishes, and Actil translates. If there's a special edition, or in the case of the Vita games, a limited physical print, they have NISA act as distributor for it. And given the difference of the digital versions being $40 while the limited physicals are $55, I'd wager Gust, TK, and Actil still see the most on physical sales of the latter, leaving NISA with $15 profit, if not less after recouping production costs. Anyhow, point being, NISA is no longer allowed to touch the scripts or game code for Gust's games.

However, be advised: As Atelier Escha and Logy Plus, Atelier Shallie Plus, and Ar Nosurge Plus for that matter were all limited print games, physical copies are prone to reaching obscene heights in prices on the aftermarket. Shallie might still potentially be cheap (IE: still closish to the $55 the physical cost) since it came out last month, but given how much it's two brethren are going for now, you might be better off waiting for some cheap PSN sales (compare a half off $20 PSN version to a nearly $200 or more limited physical copy)

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17LP

think I might pick up Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed and Retro City Rampage DX.
also; Oh god Magus is on sale.

No pickings this time. Got NepU so eh. Might Retro City Rampage because I honestly do miss GTA2.

so what games are gonna get cancer'd the fuck up?

when in the fuck am I going to be able to play my new legitimate games on 3.60

I just want to be able to play fan-translations, undubs, and mods easily.

nichegamer.com/2017/02/17/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-heads-west-pc-ps4-ps-vita-fall-2017/
Welp. Did XSEED's contract with Falcom end or something? Between this and Aksys getting ahold of Xanadu, I'm left wondering.

So, is there a VPK for Ys VIII?

see

And fuck future Ys purchases.

I think I'm going to be sick.

2017 is already ruined

Why is Extella so fucking terrible? I'd rather play the 3DS version of Samurai Warriors Chronicles than this pile of shit.

what's so bad about it? It's been pretty fun so far.

Is there any chance NISA is only distributing but not actually localizing like with the Atelier games? I mean most of that article was about the special edition.

It's simply no good.
>game is hyped up to be Rome VS Fluffy Tail Warriors, which makes the "HURRR U HAVE TO BE ON NERO'S SIDE B4 U GET TO BE ON TAMOMO'S SIDE XDDDDDDDD" even MORE bullshit I'm not biased as a Casterfag, I swear
>the writing goes beyond "Who else but Nasu?" territory, and I'm still having an aneurysm from everyone standing still silently while Dark Eliza takes the Totally Not The Ring Of Power, Now In Blue yes that was a spoiler, an early spoiler but hopefully you will now save your money

Huh, guess they updated the article after I'd last checked. But as far as it sounds like, nope. Especially given how Hatsuu (as linked) is depressed over her employer losing Ys VIII.

I'm a Tamamo-fag too don't sweat it
I'm playing through Caster's story now, and I think there's definitely more to it than what you say. I know there's still Alterra's story to go, and then supposedly there's a true/final thing(?) Don't quote me on that last bit, that's a rumor i've heard. Can you confirm/deny that if you've beaten the game already?

Never played any of the Basara games, so I can't comment on that.

Yes, Eliza being able to just simply grab the other Regalia ring is rather bullshit and would be well within Tamamo's power, or Nero's, to stop her from doing so. It's a flaw, but it's not game-ruining for me honestly.

Now THAT i can definitely concede. I hate not being able to see my move list beyond when I level up, that's something they definitely could have implemented in a menu and simply didn't. Same for limited time side-missions, there's no way to know how much time you actually have. These are objective flaws. But still not game-ruining honestly.

Makes me glad I never got invested in the Ys series. Also makes you wonder how the corruption got so deep.

No, not Ys!
Why, user?
I just hope that Nihon keeps them on a tight fucking leash so they don't ruin it too much. I mean I won't be buying it regardless, because fuck NISA. Guess I'll just step up my moon learning and import it.

Why are you buying NA/EU versions to begin with? The Vita's region free.

it's been awhile since i touched my vita. Are we still restriceted from by 3.60 and up games? any news? I already played all the games i was interested in it.

It's 3.61, and yes apparently. There was an improvement in setting up Adrenaline though (PSP pirating) if you haven't already.

So, to play games that are released now, like SRW V this week, we'd have to be on legit updated firmware?

In case you guys weren't already sick to your stomachs…

I'd never really played any Ys games yet, but this is actually making me sort of sick. Who the hells goes around acting like completely changing up the creator's original work is okay?

m-maybe it'll get a PC release and fans can re-translate it like the Neptune games?

Just don't play games in English, simple as that.

Nigger, it takes years to become fluent in Japanese. You need to be fluent for it have it's own "center" in your brain so you have a proper "feeling" for it. Can't enjoy content like a jap if you just so understand the meaning.
t. yuropoor who is actually fluent in more than one language currently learning moon.

Did Sony halt the production of the Vita?
New consoles are nowhere to be found, and memory card prices skyrocketed as of late. Used 16GB goes for almost 60 bucks.

I'm well aware, I've been learning the language for the past 17 years and living in Japan for the past two and I still wouldn't consider myself anywhere near fluent. That said, I don't think you need to be completely fluent to have that "center" so to speak.

No, in fact I seem to recall them announcing new colors or something last year.

Where the fuck do you live? Amazon has 16s new for 3494, with 32s going for 5572.

New colours? Well, it's something, I guess.
Maybe it's just coincidence, then. Can't find anything supporting discontinuation of the device, either.

Yes, in the west.

Is the problem here that NISA is publishing it and not XSEED?

The issue is that NISA has a track record of both introducing bugs during the localisation process (and then subsequently not fixing them) and trying to appeal to a wider audience, regardless of the intended target audience of the original product.

SEE THIS IS THE SHIT THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE NISA ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY.
YOU FUCKERS THAT BOUGHT THOSE KOEI TECMO PHYSICAL COPIES NISA HANDLED AND YOU FAGGOTS THAT GAVE THEM MONEY BECAUSE "OH THEY DIDN'T BUTCHER THIS ONE". YOU FUCKERS ARE TO BLAME, YOU'RE A GOD DAMN CANCER.
THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T GIVE THEM MONEY. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I'M PISSED.

Why is Ys VIII listed on Atlus' webstie?

atlus.com/sales/ys_viii.php

Atlus distributes NISA games.

Fuck

thank you for your sagely wisdom nippanon

and here I thought maybe we dodged a bullet somehow with Atlus localizing and NISA distributing,

Holy christ, get some perspective.

1. The date. Nov 2013
2. Andrew Dice was the faggot involved in the little company Carpe Diem, who translated & censored both Fortune Hunters and that other jew loli game.
3. He only worked briefly with XSEED on Trails in the Sky and Tom & co put his nuts in a vice after Dice's emo trip delayed production on their localization.
4. To my recollection, he's had no major company credit since that point
5. He most definitely is NOT working for or being sourced as assistance on Ys 8.
6. tl;dr:

THIS IS BAIT.

Yeah that screenshot never made sense to me when posted on this subject they're talking about Trails and "fixing" Trails which is still being done by Xseed. I just hope YS8 is one of the increasingly rare games that NISA doesn't fuck up. If someone does a good job they get my money if they do a bad job they don't. It doesn't matter what their stupid politics are or what their previous fuck ups were.

How good do Vita games look on the PSTV?

Thinking of getting one to hack since Vita games keep going up on Nicoblog.

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain, and Gundam Breaker 2 both looked just fine.

Yo, do you know the cheapest place to find a copy of Coven? Amazon.co.jp doesn't have it available internationally.

Good question, I got mine from Amazon.co.jp personally since there's no brick and mortars close by. You could try poking your head in a Joshin or the like I guess? The website has it 300 more expensive than Amazon, but sometimes the physical locations have it a bit cheaper.

I didn't even notice the dates. I was under the impression this dude worked with NISA or something. I didn't bother to do any checking. My apologies, I was slothful

I thought the fact that I said that Amazon.co.jp doesn't have Coven for international shipping would clue you in that I'm not in Japan. Ah well.

It looks like Nippon-yasan has it for an alright price.

Fair enough, I just meant that as a generic example of a brick and mortar that sells games, should've been clearer there. Point being, I got mine from Amazon, so I'm not sure where else would have it at a good price that would do foreign shipping.

Would you buy a gen1 vita today for $200 to pirate games on?

As long as it came with a decent mem card, at least 16GB. 4GB and 8GB are pretty much useless.

Getting back into Ar Nosurge recently after a large DT2 binge, and I can't help but realize how much I'm grinding. Am I supposed to grind in this game or what? I don't want to suck all the challenge out. also is A the highest battle rank achievable or is there an S rank?

As long as it's for your country. Only the second gen has micro-USB charging.

so how do i go about psp pirating on a 3.60 device?

Install Henkaku, then install this app :
github.com/Freakler/vita-AdrenalineEasyInstaller/releases/tag/v1.05

Open it > Advanced Options > Install PSP Basegame
Then after rebooting, re-enable Henkaku, start easyinstaller again and choose Install. It will download the PSP firmware automatically then reboot.

Finally, put your isos in ux0/pspemu/ISO/ (Create the folder if it's not there)
The Adrenaline app will start the PSP firmware. To quit / change stuff, hold down the PS button > Settings.

DT2 is half the price again.

So, do you guys actually exchange PSN user names or is it every man for himself?

so, do you want to play online? what games?

There goes $40.

COME ON PHYSICAL RELEASE OF WINDJAMMERS

When are we getting Touhou games for Vita?

Go pirate them right now

You can pirate games on the Vita?

Yes if your vita is 3.60 or lower.

What torrent?

Not specifically. Mainly thought about sharing screenshots or profiting from a large friend list in games with indirect multiplayer (e.g. Oreshika).
I have SSD and DC. I guess MHFU is also still an option?

He is talking about a torrent available on Reddit Faggot won't GO FUCKING HOME.

Redditfags don't already know why NISA is fucking trash.

I guessed as much, this site is starting to feel like fucking cuckchan. I barely go on Holla Forums anymore but for these threads. I can't even do that without newfags cuckchanners and redditors who need to get the fuck out running a muck.

Yo. Happened to drop by today, so here: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:128ede0170ad5811ee95364bb093c07303600588&dn=Mai+Torrent

That's the torrent. If you can't open magnet links, you can just look up "mai torrent" and it should be one of the first results. You'll need maidumptool to install whatever game you download.

You're being hostile for no reason.

You're welcome, faggot. Enjoy the game.

The site is full of redditfags because the individual BOs refuse to do shit about them. Presumably because "growth is growth" without realizing that is what made 4chan shit.

I disagree, the reason I'm being hostile is quite simple, redditfags infect everywhere they go and eventually turn them into shit by forcing redditard standards upon them. You are free to participate in multiple communities (even if they oppose each other) but it is important to assimilate properly into both. You not even knowing why NISA is trash implies you think their behavior is ok even if the problem is you just didn't know about it. I won't tell you to lurk more because that would imply I want you back later.

I personally think that it's thanks to hotwheels' adverts on reddit that really have ruined this site.

So the answer was yes. Alright.

By the fact that everyone is asking questions easily answered by a cursory internet search, even in the Vitagen of all places, tells me all I need to know about current fullchan. Nobody even talks about the games they're looking forward to or playing anymore, just about the easily way to huehuehue their way into them. Guess it's a good time to take another month long break or two.

When my copy of SRW V comes in and I give it a shot I'll come back and see if any people actually playing games are still around.

gematsu.com/2017/02/dungeon-travelers-2-2-details-libra-sealbooks-mutants-grand-sealbooks-monster-summoning

I see some overlapping monsters. It seems my DT2 knowledge will come in handy.

You are a classy motherfucker. Enjoy your Might Gaine.

It's even worse that people actually reply to the retards who can't Google things. That and the fact I haven't really been playing games means there's nothing for me to post about. This place has gotten pretty bad where I only frequent two threads now.

Sounds pretty interesting as long as the AI isn't retarded

Also just so you know HOLY SHIT THE YAMATO IS GOD

The handheld is reaching the end of its life, and there's few of us here as it is. It makes sense that fewer people are anticipating much and discussion is dying down. I can only talk about Hot Shots Golf so many times, man. If you do leave, it just lowers the possibility of having the discussion you're longing for.

I've been calling up retailers in the UK. All of them are out of stock and can't get any more Vitas.

I think it's time is soon. Very soon.

You could try importing. I don't know how bad UK customs are, but you'll definitely be able to get a vita.

Play-Asia has jap imports for £160 which is barely tolerable, but they have a mandatory £50 delivery charge. 261 USD total. Even though that includes import tax, fuck that.

That sounds more like a foreigner problem though, there's still tons of Vita availability at home.

Define "home". USA? Can you walk into most game retailers and buy a new Vita off the shelf where you are?

The home market for vidya, aka Japan.

Yes.

oh shit, you're that unironic weeaboo autist. i should've known
you will never be japanese. even if you perfected the language they will always hate you.

Japanese ones are also likely to be past the 3.60 cutoff if you're into hacking things. I got one from Canada through Amazon that was 3.5x

Go back to Reddit.
I'm a half, I'll never be any race, nor do I give a shit

The only ones that are are the two new color models.

Nothing right now, left Vita for a bit to play on 3DS. Looking at continuing P4 or starting something else.
A PS TV under 3.60 before USB loading is released, since they'll skyrocket in price. Neptuina games as well, but unsure if to bother.
Bought Steins;Gate 1 finally. Expecting the best from it from comments around.

And still importantly, are you having fun?
Yes. Homebrew on it is boring as all hell in comparison to 3DS though. Quake update NEVER EVER.

I bought SD gundam G generation recently and It just came in the mail today.
Anyway, an insert in the case had a list of DLCs and my autism compels me to get all of the tacticool robots.
Case and point, how easy is it to get DLC from english imported games on your vita?
Also, do jap vita SD cards work on burger vitas? I saw jap SD cards on ebay were cheaper than burger ones.

You need another memory card for it, but you can have one card for the JP PSN and another for your home country PSN. wololo.net/2016/08/05/release-memcardswap-1-0-swap-vita-memory-cards-without-format/
There are no region restrictions on vita memory cards, so just go for the cheaper one. What size is the card you're looking at and how much is it going for?

I have a Jap one in my bong Vita and it works fine, can't imagine it being any different for a burger Vita.

Actually, the used ones on amazon are even cheaper. Does anyone have any bad experience buying/using old/used vita SD cards?

Also, do you know if you can bring over save files between PSN accounts? I'd like to be able to bring over my save file from Gundam Breaker 3 too.

It's never a very good idea to buy used digital storage. Even if it says "like new" or "good" you don't know how old they are or how much write-wear they have. An SD can look mint on the outside but be a few rewrites away from completely dying if the previous owner was abusive.

If you really want to save money, go for it. Just know the risk you're running to get a card that'll die on you is multiple times higher than a new card.

Really?
I would have thought that flash storage would be more reliable and resistant to dying.

Guess I'll wait and get the 32 gig and convert my 16 gig to /m/ autism

Overuse is a bitch and flash storage is just as prone to wear and tear as other storage types are.
You might get one that's only been used a couple of times or you might get one that's been abused non stop for 5 years straight and could die on you within in the next month.

Apparently Vita memory cards specifically have a rather high failure rate. So in the future vita might just be unplayable.

Is DT2bro around? I remember he said something about how crowning the way this video does it is inefficient. I'm most of the way through Abyssal Darkness and I have Echidna available in Vegecca, but can't beat her yet. Looking for advice and shit.

Also, general rundown on how initial level before the reset affects the stat increase would be nice.

Apparently you can whitelist PS TVs on any firmware now. Anyone tried?
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/tutorials/how_to_install_the_pstv_whitelist_patch_v2.html

Also new shit for 3.61+ Vita owners.
wololo.net/2017/02/22/ps-vita-3-63-owners-rejoice-hidden-applications/

Ark on 3.63, so can play more PSP shit.
wololo.net/2017/02/25/install-ark-epsp-custom-firmware-ps-vita-3-63/

Is it at all possible to use PSN on a HENkaku Vita?

Pretty surprised that new hacks even came out for those versions, I was of the understanding that they'd managed to put something really bullet-proof together this time. They've at least tried to learn unlike Nintendo.

archive.is/kl8Cu#selection-2645.0-2651.0

Not anymore, no. A solution hasn't been found yet.

Hasn't been for a long while now.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Some faggot will always manage to crack it.

It's my day off, sup. Yeah, something to amend while it's on topic

I have to test this more but the game doesn't allow it. While trying to crown my first scout, I pulled out of the dungeon and saved, then tried to reset at Lv51. The game apparently does NOT boost your stats at 51, meaning that Lv 61 is the actual bare-minimum level necessary to begin the Crown process. It also means you're level resetting 25 times at minimum (+2 per reset at Lv61).

Second thing is yes, that Video is inefficient as fuck. The only way it IS efficient is if you're blowing through the dungeons w/o actually exploring, in which case you're speed running a dungeon crawler what the fuck are you doing with your life.

Summing it up real damn fast
- YTer is using final dungeon equipment. Mandra Prince/Princess Sealbooks and Weapon (Hyakka Ryouran) are both insanely difficult to obtain in a non-greedy playthrough, to say the least of all the Lv90 custom armor pieces.
- YTer isn't running through the best corridor in Skyfort with the higher Mandra appearance percentage (pics related)

Going to spoiler the tactics segment so do not highlight unless you want to know a strategy on beating her. I will also say you can't beat her if you're just getting to her. Beating any of the gods is outright impossible until you get to the avg of level 80 and above with your team, with at least lv85 equipment. And I don't mean it in a "challenge accepted" kind of way. I mean your agility, defense, and skill options at that point are way, way too small to last more than three exchanges with any God or super boss. Their AGI scores alone will mean they'll get several turns in a row before you can even cycle through 1 turn of all your party members. Far more important is exploring and opening up the Otherworld dungeons. Don't worry about actually beating any one god until you either finish out Gear Castle, or you gain access to and even defeat the 4 Devas or the Wandering Brigade (powerful, but less challenging in comparison. Don't be fooled, they can still push your shit in. Especially the Jikoku Penguin, who is probably the 3rd most difficult fight in the game).

Warning again do not highlight this unless you want spoils on Echidna fight tactics: You cannot out-muscle Echidna. Period. She's one of two(?) monsters in the game with a 4-digit defense score. Physical damage build is a pipe dream against her. Instead, your Etoile, a Diva, and a Witch are the best chance I've figured for DPS. This is also why I laugh at every poor dumb bastard that dismisses the Witch class as low tier for postgame, because she's actively NECESSARY for no less than TWO of the god fights (Eternal Hell's god as well) for the very same reason: Her Soul & Blood Drain spells are fast-casting, does double the damage with Loose Spirit (a Magic Berserker buff) engaged, and '''they actively ignore that fucking annoying Our Kingdom Is Without Enemies Null-All tech some bosses use. Echidna has that. A Loose Spirit buffed Witch can chip at her from 2K damage to 4K damage. With a Diva on hand buffing Spd/Elemental dmg, and your Etoile DEbuffing Echidna's elemental defenses and either Spd or outright chip-damaging her with maxed out Salsa—and BOTH ladies being fast enough to get several turns to Echidna's 1 for recovery purposes, you have a recipe to end the fight in five minutes, even with the threat of all-target attacks on hand.

- You're going to start seriously spending money on customizing.
- That in mind, start selling Sealbooks you can't use to level your equipment. Yes, this even means the rares (unless you're just bent on keeping them). The Quest Desk actually only demands 2 or so Sealbooks per Quest Level and they're usually not super rare (most times common mob stuff). Sealbooks use up inventory slots so if you don't need it, sell it.
- Throw Elemental Resist/Physical Resist on the rings. The rings are the first item that will break the Lv50/Lv75 slot threshold. They're the most desposable slots on your equips, so put Ele/Phy Resists there.
- You should already be working Null Freeze/Silence Sealbooks on your party equipment. Can't remember what Sealbooks have what off the top of my head, but I believe most of the Runners (the monsters w/the gold that flee fights in the first two exchanges) have these. Sure Vampire has a null Silence, too.
- Return to town if you max your walking inventory and sell the shit you don't intend to use. Again, customizing is about to get really expensive, so always take opportunities to sell what you don't need instead of relentlessly plowing ahead. Which brings to the related hint:
- Don't walk around a dungeon with a full inventory if you don't have the weapons drops from that dungeon's monsters. Rare/named equips aren't always good, but they also aren't always shit, either. Especially in a solo monster's case, their rare weapon drops are usually very nice and it's an awful headache not to be able to get it cause your inventory's full.
- Maids are still useful fuck what you heard.
- Maid tree is pointless for damage dealing aside of Mistress, so use the slots in your weapon as you see fit. I used mine to max out her speed & agility on a dagger, making her (Conette) helluva fast.
- Diva's best microphone is the Sound of Destiny. This is a rank 12 or 13 item obtainable in the Quest Desk. Hands down the best mic aside of White Album, which is actually just a 2.0 of Sound of Destiny with higher Res score. Sting weren't looking closely when they allowed that.
- Bonuses do not stack beyond five, with exception to the Ele/Phy Resistance.

I mean throwing more than 5 Spd UP on your various equipment slots is useless. Using the 2 slot limit as an example:

Weapon: Spd Spd
Shield: Spd Spd
Helmet: Spd(MAX) Spd(NO LONGER STACKING)
Armor: Spd (NLS) Spd (NLS)
Accessory: Spd(NLS) Spd(NLS)
Sealbook: Fenrir (lvl 73)
Phy Attak Spd (NLS)
Nullify Freeze

The stack limit for most bonuses is 5. And to get into a little more detail on customizing:

- Stack limit on stuff like Chant Speed, Speed, Phy Defense/Attack, Accuracy, Phy/Mgc Damage Down, etc is 5. At 5, the game stops calculating it so you're wasting slots.
- The BASE stats (Atk, Def, Int, Res, Agi, Dex) theoretically go higher than that because numbers stack indefinitely. HOWEVER, you're only allowed to put one of each on every piece of equipment. Ex:

Weapon: Agi Spd Spd Spd
Shield: Agi Spd Spd Chant Spd
Helmet: Agi etc etc etc

YOU cannot put two of the same base stats on an equip, so functionally the limit is 6 for that (Weapon, Helmet, Shield, Armor, Accessory, Sealbook). Exception, of course, is if the game GIFTS you with a piece of equipment that has double base stats (rare but it has happened to me). Be DAMNED CAREFUL about customizing that because what the game giveth, the game taketh away.
- MEGA > GRAND
- Do not expect any generic equipment to generate with MEGA on it. If it's possible, it's a really fucking low probability. Likewise with GRAND.

S'all that comes from the top of my head. There's probably more but most of this you can figure out as you go along. Save for the customizing stuff, which is pretty opaque and honestly is stuff I still have to go and test out.

GENERAL QUESTION FOR THE THREAD
Aside of AmiAmi and play-asia, do ANY of the other JPN online stores ship internationally? Because there are goodies that come with versions of DT2-2, and I'm trying to decide on going with Amazon or gambling with hopefully getting something from the other various brands.

Exclusivity bonus shit depending on where you shop. Pic names related are where I'm looking to shop. Normally it's not my cup of tea but goddamn that chuuni gives me a mighty fucking need.

Any stories to share? Advice?

Oh, right. Crowning is a plus 50 to all your stats & resistances when you're done, except HP/TP which I constantly forget to calculate. The increase rate per level reset is as follows:

Lv 51 +1 (theoretically not allowed by the game)
Lv 61 +2
Lv 71 +3
Lv 81 +4
Lv 91 +5

Time/efficiency's sake means it's far easier to grind to 61 (25 resets) than 91 (10 resets). Even with EXP boost accessories and the Alwilda Sealbook, there's no fight even with the super bosses that would yield enough EXP to make an attempt at Lv91 grinding efficient. Hilariously tested. The Bogomil Annex fights yield far too little for the effort, although I have to retest the Mandra Prince & Princess Fight on a count of I had a lvl99 team when I encountered them. The Wandering Brigade and 4 Devas give too LITTLE and you at least need a 4-person party build to go toe-to-toe with them, and the gods are out of the question for sheer battle difficulty vs reward and respawn frequency. Maid-Sensei states in the 10th lesson it's impossible to KILL the gods so long as their realms exists, which makes them recurring battles, along with the Devas & Brigade.

I haven't worked the mechanics on the all of the super boss rewpawns. BUT I think what has to happen is the following:

- The Brigade are a random battle so there's no such thing as a respawn. Theoretically you can encounter them in EACH random battle so long as you're in their stage/floor and are carrying Proof of a Warrior. Protip: Abuse the fuck out of ambush fight squares if you get to a point where you're fighting them. You want to because the Brigade have some of the best equips in the game (Arjuna for example has Ame Maka, the best Sniper bow hands down that shits all over Apollo).

- The Devas all have to be defeated to spawn them again. As a note, you cannot spawn the North Deva without first defeating the other 3 (their order isn't important). Also some of the best equips in the game here, too.

- Far as I can tell, you need to kill at least 4 Gods to trigger a respawn for them. I haven't fully tested this so I could be wrong. The god treasures are also all fuck-powerful if you can get them to drop. Eternal Hell's god has a sword that does great on Magic Princesses, easily a contender for those who live and swear by the Filsword and Fortune Sword.

I Am Setsuna, is it any good? Can pick up for Vita cheap.

So, a game where you play as a Gundam that thinks it's a whiny person?

How does dissidia 012 run on the Vita?
On my psp the loading takes longer than the actual battles even with full data install, even hitting triangle to enter the customization menu causes more than several seconds of loading. On ppsspp on Android it loads almost immediately but the controls are inconvenient and the sound is slightly messed up. I'm considering getting a digital copy for Vita.

I think my card is failing.

It runs without any notable issues.

Don't see why wouldn't run fine on Vita. Would put in Adrenaline for custom shit and all DLC, but whatever works.

God damn I want that figure….

My 3.60 Vita has been acting weird since put new PSP and apps on it. Outside whole of Henkaku saying it was corrupt at one point, it rebuilt its database for no reason and lost everything until manually did it, for it to happen again and only be fixed by taking memory card and removing/inserting.

Anyone had a similar experience? Is my card dying?

No, the vita version of I'm Setsuna chugs at like 5 fps during battle animations and the game isn't good outside that.

SoSCR

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/stranger-of-sword-city-revisited/cid=UP3489-PCSE01052_00-SOSCBLACKPALACEA

So I bought the original version of Sword City and played like 3-4 hours of it should I just throw out my save and get this? Or does my save transfer? What does it improve?

gematsu.com/2017/03/nep-nep-connect-chaos-chanpuru-details-card-growth

Tsunako is a national treasure.

Looks like Matrix Software and D3's new game is going to be another never ever for the west, given no western publisher wanted to touch its predecessor (and it seems nothing came of Play-asia trying to get an Asia/English version made).
nichegamer.com/2017/03/01/omega-labyrinth-z-japanese-release-date-set-for-july-6/

Didn't touch the first game, but that's cool. Maybe if I ever get around to finishing Brandish, I'll pick this up.

gematsu.com/2017/03/cosmic-star-heroine-ps4-pc-launches-april-11

BR Vita ver.

Will this game be illegal in Canada?

Is the game good?

Monster Girl Encyclopedia got sold in canada and that has uncensored loli monster girl sex

Even New Zealand should be fine with that.

Doesn't look all that interesting, but the video didn't show a whole lot. Unfortunately it'll probably need >3.60

Bump
amadeusproject.cf/

strawpoll.com/5w89zx2

This is Sony related and i just wanted answers on it

social.gust.co.jp/gakkou/special_07.html

you have to go back

Molestation simulators and emulated games.
Better hacks. I'm even more hopeful with the recent ones for >3.60, I really did think that might be a lost cause.
Nothing much. There's a few games I want to acquire legitimately still like Dragon's Crown but can't be bothered ordering online.

What's more fun? Gundam Breaker 3 or Gundam Extreme Vs Force? Never tried either series.

I'm worried about TOO MUCH customization in Breaker 3. Sometimes I go full autism min-maxing in games and getting overwhelmed.

Breaker is an action game, Vs. is a fighting game. I prefer Breaker myself.

PLAYAN
98% done with Estival Versus i just need to get all the items in the store and platinum that shit.
WANTAN
Musou stars and the new Berserk game.
BUYAN
Fifa so i can some football on the go.

It's got more games coming out for it than the 3ds.

Killzone
Freedom Wars
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Senran Kagura Estival versus
Tearaway
LBP Vita
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed

She does the art for Date A Live as well doesn't she?
She's a good kiddo

Atelier Firis is out on PSN
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/atelier-firis-the-alchemist-and-the-mysterious-journey-bonus/cid=UP4108-PCSE01044_00-PLUSBONUS000VITA

thanks hitler

Anyone else have the problem where it just doesn't load??

It's working for me. Have you used it before? If not are you sure you're on 3.60?

Yes, go to recovery menu and rebuild database.
Also, use the e-mail app instead.

It does that for me when it's plugged in, remove it, close the browser tab, close the browser itself, try the exploit again, then you can plug it back in.

Any fun builds for gundam breaker 3? I'm on chapter two and am already getting a bit bored.

Turn it off and try again, then once it works, get the offline installer.

Way more options open up as you go through. Using Sumo and Nobel Gundam parts. I made a Varia Suit Samus mobile suit. Pure melee is boring as hell since it will just be constant button mashing and maybe dodging. Going full projectile with a side of melee is a little more fun imo.

compileheart.com/countdown/20170308/

Never change Compile Heart

Is it just me, or is the early-pick up outifts unavailable to just download without purchasing the game, the way it was for Escha & Logy and Shallie? Or was the entire reason those ones could be downloaded on the side that they had actual physical Vita releases too?

damned japs and their fetish for tits. They don't know how to appreciate a good ass

Honorary aryan for a reason

Imagine if a western dev ran something like this.

It's close, last I checked Butts were leading by about 1000, now they're losing by 400.

BUYAN:currently holding my cash to repair my laptop and get a dualshock 3, so nothing currently
also, any hopes of dragon fin soup extra chunky seeing the light of day? the game seems right up my alley but i don't wanna buy the original only to have the newer one be released

Did they fix the bugs in games dumped with Vitamin?

I used to have an afghan hound with a similarly prominent nose. Great dogs.

SO IS THIS PROOF THAT ARGENTINA IS ACTUALLY WHITE?

Only if you consider italian immigrants white

any tips emulating on vita?

Italian girls have amazing asses tbqh fam.

nichegamer.com/2017/03/08/utawarerumono-mask-of-deception-western-launch-set-for-may-23/

Might have to buy the LE just to support aquaplus. I'm a bit tempted to replay it but I don't really have another 100 hours to dump on the two (excellent) games.

BTW, I think I read that the anju spanking scene will be censored. Fucking bullshit.

Isn't that the default assumption anytime any game gets a foreign release?

When is the Dangan Ronpa V3 gonna come out?

Perhaps in the future I do get a Vita, so a bunch of questions:

-If I go pirate/emulation, and so digital only, how much of a pain would be having only 16Gb? I mean, If I just move out other files to PC, then I can just rotate the files/saves, rigth?
-Is there any advantage/disavantage to LED version?
-Are all versions/models capable of emulation/pirate, or there is a model/versions that I should not take?

They are really going to censor a spanking? Fucks sake.

That will be super-cramped depending on what you want to play. Check the "Mai Torrent" for an idea of how big games are. I'm using about 32GB on mine, about 13 games. As an alternative, you could get physical games and then only updates and DLC are on the local storage.

Only a serious option on 3.60 systems and that locks you out of PSN, and games that require later firmware versions. Later ones supposedly have Adrenaline now (lets you pirate PSP games) and a few other things.

Here's hoping for better hacks.

Strong recommendation to go with a second-gen Vita. They don't have OLED screens, but they still have a decent one, they're thinner, have micro-USB for charging instead of a proprietary connector, and they're easy to find at 3.60 or older if you buy new from the West. Supposedly Japanese ones are fine too as long as it's not a new colour one.

Because no pervy nonsense for you.

cheers guys turned out to be that my memory card wasnt fully inserted.

got the psp emulation to work so all is well and good. only it looks a little bit grainey but thats expected as its upscaling the screen size

what other consoles can this emulate then? ps2? gamecube?

nichegamer.com/2017/03/09/psychological-music-thriller-caligula-effect-heads-west-ps-vita-may-2/

that's great and all, but it's digital only:
archive.fo/fBGrk

That and it's in English, plus since the Vita is region free even if you have an NA machine you would've just bought the game last year when it actually came out.

we don't all read moonrunes you know. Unless it's getting a physical asia-english release, this is the only english version there is.

The good news is for people who don't speak Nip the game was released in Japan before 3.61 which means the English version can probably have it's assets ripped and run with a JPN eboot.

The sooner you get on fixing that, the better off you'll be, considering that even the handful of games that do get foreign releases all seem to get butchered in one way or another.

If in 32 Gb, there can be about 12 games plus saves, that more or less fine I think. I could put some games plus music there, right?.

And is also needed to have a 3.60 firmware to emulate PSP/PS1 games? Perhaps I dont pirate Vita games, but at least I would like emulate shit or play PSP games.

Also i know about the actual hacking systems used now (Hope there are better in the future and for later versions). A nice guide/summary would be nice to know.

A bird told me that they stopped updating the Vita firmware in the west
Is it time?

Well the last update was in November, which is 3.63. Why you would update past 3.60 is beyond me.

To play the recent titles

Piracy (as well as the hack/piracy scene) is crap on Vita so I'd rather buy the games only on this system

I don't even understand how you came to that conclusion.

How do you figure?

feel free to continue using the piracy on this system but I personally went "fuck it" and I'm now on 3.63

Be aware a 32GB SD card is not all usable, the partitioning and some Vita-specific files take up some of that. My 64GB has about 57GB actually usable. I also forgot to mention but I have Dracula X Chronicles (1.3GB), about 1.2GB music, and a couple of PlayStation ISOs.

Once again, it also depends what games you want, but few games are less than 1GB. Neps and Senrans are particularly greedy games.

PS1 Loader only works up to 3.52 but that locks you out of HENkaku. I believe on 3.60 that RetroArch's PCSX-Rearmed is the only option. It's not too hot, but you can try it.

As I said that's even doable on latest firmware.

wololo.net/vita-3-60-homebrewsemulatorshacking-guide/

From there the must-haves are MaiDumpTool, Adrenaline, RetroArch, and VitaShell.

It's manageable but nowhere near as good as on 3DS. Not having PSN or games for >3.60 is a serious letdown to me.

Again, I'm not understanding your overall point. You cut yourself out of many useful options due to issues that were either fixable or minor. I would understand frustrations with not being able to access the store(I still can't play WoFF with English voices) or new games, but dismissing working homebrew doesn't make sense.

Maybe in regards to GBA emulation and downloading from the store. It's comparable in many other aspects. I'm hoping Retroarch gets updated before long, and we're still waiting on what F00D testing develops into.

Also, the 64GB are fully usable. it's just that the hardware doesn't display free space in GB (Gigabytes) but instead GiB (Gibibytes). That's why the system says 57GB instead of 64GB. The units don't measure the same in value.

What bugs are you referring to? There are only a few games that require the use of Vitamin now. Although I think maidump can install vpks now, so that might not even be true.

because you dont even want to understand you little faggot. You think piracy (and your experience with it) work fine in your end so it must be true for everyone else

Did you forget the beginning of the 3DS? There were attention whores there too. The vita invites that sort of shit even more because it doesn't have nearly as many people interested it in as the 3DS.

I'm going to take a wild guess here and assume you're talking about the way games are dumped and somehow end up missing assets while the game appears to work up until it crashes. I am pretty sure this has to do with the roundabout way vita games are dumped but it doesn't look like people care much to fix it.

I heard the way to deal with it was to go to the home menu before putting the thing into sleep.

Wasn't that an issue with the limit on installed apps, which I believe the 3DS has as well? I understand the frustration with storage prices but most Western/EU releases are digital only anyway which means it isnt a piracy specific issue.

This is a strange thing where most dumped games are EU because they tend to come with multiple languages where as JPN is a niche for 95% of people who aren't Japanese (who can buy those games physically 99% of the time).

The current major (unutilized) benefit is the ability to use a second analog stick/l2/r2 but the sticks require specific bullshit on each game to be recognized and the L2/R2 is a touchpad unless you buy one of those cases that make them buttons.

I believe Ark can play PS1 games but they don't have sound.

To hell with Yu-gi-oh tag force special too many cards too much bullshit. When will yu-gi-oh be good again.

Yggdra Union

I really want to buy God Wars: Future past when it comes out but I need to wait and find out if the physical will work on a henkaku vita without updating

Buy physical games, always. Go digital if it's less than 10 dollars.

Never. There's a reason the only Yuugiou games I play are Tag Force on the PSP and Spirit Summoner on the DS.

and here I keep forlornly returning to duelist of the rose

Yes, and it seems hackers in general have gotten a worse behavior over the years.
At least it was funny to see the french faggot being btfo'ed by the chinks with the maidump release

There were instances (like the jpn dump of Dungeon Travelers 2 or Omega Labyrinth) where the software was stuck at the startup wallpaper and not loading anything. Back before USB transfer was a thing, that was very annoying.

tried that one but it didnt work too on my end. So far there arent any definitive fixes, which made my vita not practical at all in outdoors situations.

That just made the 64GB memory card pointless because of the install limit.

Which is true about my case (all the games i legally own are japanese versions with barely western releases besides Rayman Collection, Sly, Ninja Gaiden, Terraria and DJMax TT). It didnt help however that JPN dumps were pretty rare (even more so if the game was already available in the West)

because the people who are just interested in fucking with hardware got tired of people who literally just want people to lick their feet and went into secluded groups.

wasn't that because the first few dumps were done with a nonworking leaked version of vitamin which then got entirely outshined by maidump?

there were a lot of workarounds posted, I think another involved changing the clock to 24 hour (not sure how this did anything but software is retarded all the time). I didn't experience the issue because I tend to save/close games before putting the console in standby but I'm still curious as to what actually causes it. I assume it is some sort of check/refresh the vita does on standby to prevent tampering with the memory card.

I always thought the larger cards were because Sony/Nintendo actually thought games would be larger than they ended up getting and instead got shitloads of smaller games by "indie devs" that were around 50 MB and got people hitting the limit quickly. Similar to older PC games setting physics to framerate/clock speed that now run too fast (in that it was seen as something that wouldn't be a problem for a while).

I'm guessing this has something to do with Japan probably not pirating games as much as other countries which reduces the number of people looking for them outside of weebs who tend to import anyway (the figures I found put Japan (21%) just over the US (20%) but this listed overall software rather than video games specifically).

Absolutely not. You posted problems that have solutions available and chose to dismiss the scene as shit. I did say that I don't recall reports of some of the things that you mentioned, but I never claimed they couldn't have happened. If you want me to have a better understanding, you should give some details.

Good policy to follow.

That game is great, m8. You could try a previous title in the series if you're that dissatisfied with it.

When you learn to play the game.

Might have been a bad dump. Haven't tested that one.
I'm pretty damn sure that's working now.

I hope you've updated Henkaku at least somewhat recently.

What exactly is the install limit?

the "scene" IS shit seeing as it currently consists of around four faggots who can't stop their attention whoring and air their dirty laundry in public

bad dumps are quite common, particularly for games dumped earlier after the release of vitamin/maidump, because nobody bothered to check their shit in a rush to be the first retard to have posted the files and receive credit for their "work"

The install limit for the vita is currently 500 (100 until 3.10) after that new apps will no longer display on the home screen. The 3DS has a 300 app limit but slows down horribly far before that. Presumably the vita does the same. Unintended issues crop up far sooner than the actual app limit because handhelds weren't designed to actually have hundreds of installed apps.

Impossible to learn anything vs an AI that rolls over this quikly.
The game has like 8000+ cards. That's 7900 you will never use because it's quikly obvious how OP some are like this one nigger called Elemental HERO Stratos.
All I'm doing in this game is grinding random boring fights to fill hearts until they give me a short story cutscene + fight which is the same awful difficulty as the random grind fights. Either I'm missing something or this game isn't designed in a very fun way when dumb cards are this easy to access.

You forget the people that release tools and updates outside of Twitter. Quite often at that.

Bad dumps were common when maidumptools was still new and people were using both it and Vitamin(which received less frequent updates and had known issues) at the same time. This increasingly became less of a problem as maidumptool improved and became the default tool for dumps, outside of the few that either were not redumped or were not compatible with it.

There have been dedicated efforts to redumping and reuploading games. Hell, 4chan's /hbg/ general had a few people who dedicated themselves to making spreadsheets with links, and many of us provided backups. If that's indicative of a shit scene, then I don't know what makes a good one.

And I now understand that you're referring to Vita apps specifically. Whether or not it slows down before reaching that limit, I don't know. It might, since the interface would have to load all the icons when you first boot up. Outside of that, I can't see much of an issue in terms of speed. Again, I've seen no actual reports of this. Given that the 3DS interface in itself is slow, I can see how there'd be a problem with having a high number of software installed, especially since it refreshes everything every single time you go back to the main menu. Overall speaking, this issue, if it is to be considered one, is not a homebrew issue but a system one. It's not a valid complaint here.

I don't believe ePSP and emulator homebrew have a file limit, though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I requested more information, since you gave little and proceeded to just complain. If making an concrete point is now considered a bad thing, I'll gladly frequent reddit instead.

Dude, have you actually tried building decks? You don't use the same cards for everything. I have a ton of cards tagged for potential use in deck builds. Elemental HERO Stratos in particular isn't OP. Hell, it's limited to 1. It sounds to me like might be overwhelmed by your options. Try an older Tag Force game. This one does give you a huge number of cards to use, and it can be hard to learn everything at once. If you haven't played Yugioh in a while you might need to review how the newer cards work(Synchro, XYZ, Pendulum, spell speeds, etc). I only recently learned how Pendulum monsters function.

I've only played a bit of Jaden's campaign, but I can't say I have any real trouble with the AI. They're pretty manageable in most cases. Of course, some do have stronger decks than others(I'm looking at you, bitch with the Fire King deck). It sometimes takes you just building a better deck to deal with better opponents.

If you want more focus on story, then Tag Force Special isn't the one to play. The others will do fine for you.

OK, I planned to buy a Vita so I can play SRW V but..do you have any other game suggestions for me to pick up?

You've gotta give a starting point, man. What kind of game are you looking for?

I have I made a random water deck full with level 3 atlanteans that buff eachother in combination with umi and gravity bind. I stopped using that because it was impossible for the AI to win if they did not use all their backrow killers on gravity bind. It didn't even matter if they had strong monsters out because one atlantean let's all the other atlanteans attack LP directly.

Then I found out about elemental HERO + cards that summon in exchange for some LP. This deck puts XYZ and fusions on the field at an alarming rate. Draw rng does not even exist in this deck, any hand will have 1 Shadowmist/Stratos/spellcard to bring the keyplayers out and summon blazeman/bubbleman to fuck everyones shit up with their unbalanced effects.

But how is any of this fun if the AI doesn't play properly and dies in 2-3 turns. I feel the older games had more artificial difficulty because there were DP limits and cards were harder to come by. It sounds to me I'm better off with a yu-gi-oh game were I can play vs actual people that know how to ruin others their decks.

I can't disagree with you there. You want a better challenge. May as well play against people.

on one hand, virtual on?

on the other, raildex shit.

The honeymoon period of the Switch is starting to wear off. Once I'm done with Zelda and Blaster Master Zero I think I'm gonna juggle some of my Vita backlog (Dungeon Travelers 2, maybe?) along with Monster Hunter Double Cross when that hits.

How're you fags doing?

I'd respond proper but it's time for a new thread already.

A new record.

Indeed.

New Thread