mmobomb.com/games/

pastebin.com/iALuQdht

Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

I think we don't need better MMOs. We need people to stop being retarded and realize that the "cool new mmo" they're drooling for is doing the same exact shit all other MMOs are doing.

All the recently hyped MMOs have been the same thing. People hype them the fuck out and scream that it's the savior of MMOs, yet here I am seemingly alone looking at the whole situation in disbelief because it's the same fucking WoW shit recipe we've been fed for the past decade and a half, only with a new kind of cherry on top.

Shards Online seems like it's different, but it's going too far into the other direction in all the wrong ways. Instead of it being a shitty themepark designed by the developer, they decided to not design anything at all and tell players to make the game and run the servers.

And now we have shit like Albion which is basically a MOBA pretending to be an MMO, which I suspect is the beginning of the end for the term "MMO" which will slowly degenerate to mean any multiplayer game with many people.

Was considering Star Wars Galaxies again, but given the fuckery with servers, probably not even worth it.

/vg/ you need to go back.

Microtransactions and rich Jew kids ruined the current "model". I play Neverwinter, which is just a Star Trek Online clone, and it was ok until they went overboard with the microtransactions so the game truly is pay-to-win. PvP was kinda fun but got boring because it's not open-world and there is only 2 PvP maps (still, after 4-5 years).

I'd still pay $15/mo for an open-world, free-for-all PvP MMORPG where you lost all your shit when you got player-killed.

Wurm Online?

Not big enough. We got double-Jewed by Warner Brothers after they bought out Turbine Games. The original Developers of Asheron's Call had actually promised to give us the server code so we could legally run private servers.

I have no fucking clue how Standing Stone was able to procure the rights to LOTR and DDO, but not their own original IP…

I'd pay a lot of money, every month, just to be able to play a game like runescape except it not being runescape.

A game that doesn't put you on rails with quests. A game where I can do whatever the hell I please. A game that doesn't tier the world into level tiers where you're meant to be in the specific areas for your current level. A game that has a lot more to do than just fighting monsters and pretending your one click skill abilities are supposed to be impressive. A game whose visual style doesn't look indistinguishable from Aion. A game with design that's memorable instead of belts and bolts and razorblades everywhere. A game that has no real "endgame" because it's all about the journey.

A game that doesn't make me accidentally click send prematurely. A game where you can mix and match equipment instead of being told "you can never wear these pants because you didn't make a specific choice before the game started".

I'm currently playing ESO with my roommate. It's okay.

what's wrong with the way Aion looks?

Wow, all of these MMOs look like dogshit

I just want Guild Wars populated again.

I want something like Ragnarok and it's guild PVP, but less grindy. Maybe it's just good memories, but I felt like the game had some good ideas behind it.

MMOs really gotta drop the themepark bullshit. Maybe moving away from RPG style leveling and have progression through other ways would be a good decision.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be the only one here who genuinely liked it back in the day.

I played official/private Lineage II for many years, i miss weekly Sieges with hundreds of people killing each other for hours.

The fact that every single modern fucking MMO looks like it, and it's not even an appealing design style.

i miss it too. every server i play with english people gives me 400+ ping, and i dont want to play on a latino server because, even when they give me under 100 ping, i hate latino players.

last one i played was l2dawn, good rates and high pop, but unplayable for me because ping.

I miss fantasy earth zero. In the few months that I played the english version from gamepotusa before it got canned it was a fun pvp game with the strategic elements and the 50 vs 50 wars. Graphics are very subpar but the gameplay was there. The one thing that ruined it was the constant lag between clientside and serverside. Talesweaver online was charming too but I never got to play it much there are some private servers being worked on though

To you.

I was thinking of firing it up again, but what's the use?

Nothing is appealing if you see it in every single game.

Anyone have anything to say about The Secret World? Looking for a game to play with a friend, and the setting is pretty appealing to them. I heard its campaign was pretty good even if the endgame was lackluster, but this was also years ago.