Most immersive vidya moments

In Operation Flashpoint Cold war Crisis there's a mission where you have to escape enemy camp and use Stars to help you navigate through enemy territory. game asks you to learn star-reading to complete mission… this will never happen in 2k17.

Those graphic scenes look console trash

ruh oh

There's a mission in arma 2, one the xpacs I think thats really immersive. Takes place in some stalker tier eastern european environment, you have to hunt tanks with an AT rifle and use thermal vision to detect the critical heat points.

Nice bait.

wow i'm interested
are there like actual missions with them?

wandering around the garbage looking for artifacts was incredibly immersive. I was pretty much glued to my monitor not even touching my coffee.

there was also that in morrowind where I just stopped at the book store and started reading all the books, that was the moment I realized every book in the game was fully readable and actually pretty decent.

Man Op Flashpoint had decent character models for its day, but the geometry textures were ass.

Niggers like you ought to hang from trees.

halo 1 looks a lot better (higher res textures, higher quality models and animations, and use of post processing effects like god rays, bloom and bump mapping.) Just came out a few months later too.

Right, and a bunch of Czechs had the budget that Bungie would under Microsoft.

Sure, but Halo didn't try to be a realistic milsim (for its year) with big open areas with no loading screens.

no but you can make them with mission editor.

could you just kill yourself already? arma always looked like shit, even when it was released.

It looked Basic for a shooter from 2001.

What sets it apart from the contemporary shooters of the time was the gameplay, engaging targets on average 200m away from you it doesn't matter as much how pretty they are since you'll rarely get close enough to enjoy that LOD.

It also had vehicle interiors for every tank. Something that modern Armas are too lazy to do.

I wish that were the only thing that BIS were lazy about. The lack of any coherent documentation for the SDK is a fucking travesty, for example.

I know its bait but I already got the cross and the rope

A lot of games from the years of Arma 2 and 3 "look a lot better" than those too, their quality isn't purely graphical.

is that the one where you can steal a hind?

There were a few missions like that just in CWC campaign alone - such as the Guba capture one.

Ace of Spades alpha and beta has a WWI and Vietnam feel to it that I enjoyed.
Too bad they sold out to Fagpunch and they never gave us the source code in order to mod it and shit.