If I like Tales games, what other series should I try out?

If I like Tales games, what other series should I try out?

Similar series I've already played include Star Ocean, Ys, and Summon Night.

Lawl I was about to say Star Ocean. They're practically the same game and they were started by the same entities.

So you want an RPG where you can do some action things? Did you try Fair Fencer F yet?

Depends on what elements you're looking for. I mean, are you looking for more real time combat games, JRPGs with anime aethetics (either design or themes), etc?

Is that even all that worthwhile? I don't remember hearing much about it (it doesn't even seem to get brought up in JRPG threads either).

Yeah it's alright. I played all the Tales games up to and including Graces F and all the Star Oceans to 5, every Ys game, and some games from Flight Plan so I know where OP is coming from. Fairy Fencer F had a cheap but classic feel and it has a quick pace. I would recommend at least trying it out.

I've been hearing good things about akibas beat, though i haven't been able to get my hands on it yet.

Can you play akibas beat on pstv? I loved the undead and undressed game

Real-time combat, because I honestly feel like it's entirely too difficult to make turn based combat in a non-strategy game feel rewarding and entertaining.

As for anime aesthetics, I wouldn't really have to look very far if that's ALL I wanted.

I recommend Berseria. It's actually significantly better than Xillia through Zestiria. It's not as good as past entries, but it's far more tolerable than recent entries and can scratch the itch pretty well.

I bought Akiba's Trip on the Vita for a while but ultimately found it a bit boring.

Beat 'em up games, musou games, Platinum games and things of that ilk don't really appeal to me.

I still want the JRPG experience. The exploration, the character building, the party customization… I just don't want the turn-based combat, not even a little.

akibas beat says it's an action jrpg with a battle system like tales though

Speaking about Fairy Fencer F. Advent Dark Forces is coming up soon this Valentine. You guys might want to check it out. At last, I can get that Effole Ending.

I bought fairy fencer f when it was on sale, haven't played it yet, can I waifu anyone?

Bless your dubs. About your question, this is going to be the shill-est thing I ever posted. In vanilla game, you have the choice between the two main girl to waifu. The upcoming ADF will bring more choices (IIRC every girl in your party can be your waifu). Also ADF has better and updated gameplay and story I think, not just waifu expansion. Seems like the dev wants to do something other than Nep and expand the horizon but still does not want to go overboard I think and that is a good start.

Yeah I hope it comes out on PC again, I'll get it. I love how fast and smooth the gameplay is.

Nope you are predestined to have 1 waifu. In the remake (advent) you can have any waifu. Actually advent is more like FFF: EX+ and not a remake per se. It is the base game with a ton of new stuff.

ADF is coming out on PC. Steam to be exact. Sorry for not being clear, but it seems you will be happy this Valentine either way.

Great more grinding in the jam capital of dungeons for me :)

I have a PS4, by the way.

Got it because of Bloodborne but also I'm fully aware of the kinds of games that wind up typically exclusively (if only for a short time) on Sony consoles.

Thanks anons, started it and loving it so far, addictive battle mechanics, and hilariously funny.

I might give it some thought, though as of now I think I'd only be able to play the PS3 game.

Well, maybe Xenoblade Wii or .hack then? Though, I might state that both handle in an MMO-esque fashion (the latter understandably, being a series outright simulating MMOs) which might be a turn off to some, rather than Tales or Star Ocean style real time combat. Both are real time though.

I played through Xenoblade Chronicles. It's alright, and I'm gonna play the sequel, but I wouldn't say it hits the same spot as a Tales game does.

Yeah, it is different, but I still found it good. Shame that NoA let Treehouse and/or 8-4 (not sure which side bears the bulk of the blame) shit up the English script in XCX. Censorship as well.

Or did you mean the upcoming XB2?

*hugs you*

WEEBS GET OUT REEEEEEE

>>>/wv/

try out telltale games

I recommend Atelier.

It has cute girls and it's fun.

That's not real time at all, is it?

*raises paw*

Aren't zombies scary?

Strange journey

Tales of Pokemon