What's Your Biggest Gaming Regret?

Choices made in a game. Bad purchases. Dumb shit you did online. That thing you said to one of your friend before he was Last Online: 865 Days Ago because of you.

Let's hear it.

Towns.
Rust.
Halo 4.
Towns I got cause it looked neat but the UI was cancer. Rust I was pressured into by friends who insisted it was going to be the thing we were going to play for the next while.
Halo 4 I bought for my friends bday with the promise we'd finish it the night we got it. Boy was that a disappointment.

Playing dota 2 for 3000 hours. it was fun with a friend

cumming on a kairi figurine and then giving it to a cosplayer.

I paid full price for Spore, and its expansions. I even bought a new PC so i can run it. I never read the reviews beforehand.
It still hurts

not spreading Desura and IndieGames.com hard enough, because Desura is stuck in a cycle of endless reincarnation, and IndieGames has slowed to a trickle, now desperately having to advertise boring FOTMs just to barely remain relevant.

last time I heard somebody mention either them that wasn't me was way back in 2014 and 2010 each.

(honourable mention goes to Rev3 killing off Bytejacker in 2011 (even if the thumbnails are pretty cringy in retrospect), and e-Tabloids publicly shaming IndieStatik to its death in 2014)

I bought Bound by Flame because it looked like Dark Souls = Game of Thrones and I wanted to test it out. It was so fucking shit I played up until the forest level and just gave up. Never picked it up again.

Never quitting WoW for good in 06 before Blizzard merged with Activision.

Never buying Quantum of Solace or Blood Stone on Steam when they were available.

Same with Wolfenstein (2009).

And The Movies / Special Effects Expansion.

That game is what set the trend for Greenlight/Early Access to become the cesspool that it is, because it showed devs the shit that they can get away with.

Sonic and the Black Knight
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
Yaiba Ninja Gaiden
Heavy Rain
Zelda: a Link to the past
some Steam games
Wii party (i needed a new wiimote)

Spending $300 and 1000+ hours in Wakfu. I still poke around a bit but I'm never going to get really involved in an MMO again.

I'd hate to break it to you, user, but Desura fell to an even worse fate.

They were bought by Linden Labs.

Fucking DayZ standalone.
That shit is why I never again bought a game on a recommendation from my brother.

Also, Boredomlands 2, if there is any game that's more of a slog to play, I have yet to hear of it.

2 big fucking mistakes:
Playing League because a bunch of normalfags at my college played it, then once I got smart enough to quit I decided to try out dota a few months later. Now that Dota is unplayable garbage I quit and am starting to play RTS'.

I probably spent 1k hours in league +5k hours in dota.
I wanted to quit dota for so long but I was addicted
If I quit for a while I'd eventually get to a point where I was so fucking bored I'd decide to check it out again and become addicted
I should have just gotten straight into RTS' instead

What RTS do you play?
I just downloaded the client for Forged Alliance Forever and will probably venture into a game of that in the coming days.

"A lovecraftian horror game" they said.

(bought it on sale. PO'd anyway)

Halo 4
Smash Bros for Wii U
Pokemon Y+Moon
Cowadoody forgot which one but it was the one with exo-suits
Destiny
I bought Minecraft 3 times
I used to be kind of a casual normalfag but I was smart enough to hate these games

I thought it would be more of the same fantasy/sci fi world point and click adventure to unravel a mystery connecting the two worlds. Turns out to be some political propaganda that is made for you to side with the popular sentiment in sweden even if you're not swedish because the dev team is swedish.

Mostly singleplayer ones so far, mainly spellforce.

As far as multiplayer: Someone also recommended F:AF, but I haven't picked it up yet. So far I tried CNCnet and it's alright, but the game seems really shallow in your strategy options. I picked up Sins of the Solar Empire and got through the tutorial, however I don't know if I'll get much more into it because the idea of floating around in space doesn't appeal to me as much as land units with fog of war. I might get age of empires 2 next.

Buying a Wii U by itself you should regret. Hell, any current gen console.

Forever and always

Not that much, I enjoyed the other shit like 3D World which I played with my family for the first time and Hyrule Warriors

At least the wiiu has some tempting offers, as opposed to the PSBloodborne and the XBoned

I bought Tortanic 2.5 times. One standard editions, one deluxe upgrade, and I found the collectors box at a Toys R Us.

broken age

The only real regret I have is buying GTA V, other than that I have done well avoiding trash.

which after neglecting all of the site clients that weren't on Windows, had sold it off for being 'not worth their time', again in 2014, getting bought up by another dev group. also the Indie Gala was probably abandoned a few years ago aswell.

shame because IIRC the previous 'chapters' were just a continuation of Adventure Games but were never covered by mainstream journos for not fitting the narrative of Adventure Games "dying" in the 2000s (just ask Wadjet Eye or Microïds about that shit)

also lmao @ Carboni trying (and failing) to bring back Bytejacker. less than 1.5K views per video; even Saintttimmy gets more views than that, and just can't beat the former tactic of clicking on "good free indie games in [current year]"

I bought a PS3, because I read in a game mag that MonHun 2 would be released on it. Fucking Japs and their handhelds.

You might like Stronghold Legends.

Gunna add that to the list. Right now the 2 games I have at the top are:
Warlords Battlecry 2&3
Dragonshard

spending 8 years being a PC gamer when there's almost no good games.

I preordered the special $80 edition of Bioshock Infinite that came with keychains, an art book, and some other goodies.
I've been bitter and broken since.

None.
I have a good PC, and get to play all the games I want. Sucks to be you, useless faggots.

Refreshing my WoW subscription because I bought into the hype of the latest expansion promoting it as the good-ol' Vanilla/BC, while I just got a 32 hour job and other hobbies to full fill my free time.

W H Y
H
Y

seriously i'd be better off putting shit onto itch.io now

It's a good feeling

Turning a guy off map making due to my faggotry.

As far as purchases go:

my african american brethren

Have some more,
Chaos Island- You'll probably find it awful, but it was my first game and holds a special place in my heart.
Dungeon Keeper- Must play for every Holla Forumsirgin
Black and White- You're a God! Now feed villagers to your pet and throw its shit.
Startopia- Manage a space station.
The Settlers- AoE and Spellforces long lost cousin.

Choosing Holla Forums as the community to discuss vidya in

1000+ hours of League of Legends. I decided to give it a try at first with a few friends, and then my friend group suddenly grew when they merged with another group, and that game became one of the big things that kept us together and playing vidya. I autism'd it hard throughout all of 2013 and most of 2012 before eventually dropping it. I got progressively frustrated with it, getting angry during matches. I hated how I was acting in front of friends, and it got to a point where the highs I got from winning didn't outweigh the lows I got from losing, and I dropped it on the spot. I tried to come back a few times, but whenever those emotions came back I was reassured of my decision to drop the damn game.

I'm still good friends with the rest of the group, although plenty of them have drifted away over time for other reasons. We play mostly other games now, though sometimes they still hop in and play some DotA. One still plays League. I don't bother with either.

I preordered bioshit infinite on steam
The only redeeming factor is that they at least bundled all the xcom games with it so it wasn't a complete loss.

Buying into the Mass Effect 3 hype

Traded Super Mario RPG into FUCKING GAMESTOP for $3 when I was a stupid fucking kid.
I'd done similarly to other games as well and the lesson took too long to sink in.

If it makes you feel any better, I gave away all of my genesis and game gear games (along with my genesis and game gear), and traded my snes and all ~20 of my snes games for like $50 at one of those old mom and pop used game stores.

I bought Diablo 3 day 1.

Ha!

I pre-ordered Diablo 3, Dark Souls 2, Shekel Shitizen and Starbound.

The other user gave you all the good recommendations. If you like town-building but with a some combat on the side go for Stronghold (the originals and 2, everything else is trash), there's also aoe II and III and aom. Get some building rotation mods and day/night cycle mods and let your autism flow.

Oh I know it's a common mistake that I'm sure most of us have made, and it helps that everything I've ever traded in can be emulated easily now. However looking back at the mistake and every time it's been repeated still makes me cringe.

I "played" through Dear Esther to completion after being sold on the idea of it being a spooky ghost story. It's pretentious shit. Aside from that, my biggest regret is buying Skyrim day 1. I paid the game no attention pre-release but fell for the hype at the last second.

You can find absolution for your sins by making some good maps.

I regret buying a PS3

Thanks Capcuck

I gave my GBA (both normal and SP), GBC, PS1, PS2, Famicom, and all the games CDs and cartridges (my big sis ran a vidya shop) to my poor cousin when PS3 came out, thinking I had enough fun I should share. Bugger me, if I knew that after 2007 most vidya is going to be complete and utter irredeemable rubbish I would have kept them all and play them until the end of time.

pre ordering Watch underscore Dogs on ps3

Oh wow.

hah

Dark Souls 2: Artorias of the Abyss, even after hearing it was bad.
at least I never played a MOBA

What the fuck were you thinking?

X Rebirth
I just wanted a comfy space game.
At least it cured me from pre-ordering basically anything

I gave money to Dingaling.

Buying Red Orchestra 2 a couple of days after it got released and then buying KF1 DLCs in hindsight.
and buying games on Steam in general

this

only game I was dumb enough to preorder on steam.

all these gaems jesus christ. should've just stuck with android games

He may be a cuck now, but LISA is still a solid game. And when it came out he hadn't had the kool-aid yet.

I bought fucking BRINK full price because I had a gift card I had to spend before it expired.
I could've bought so many cheaper better games.

Back in 1997, I saw pic related and proceeded to buy a P166 NEC computer to run it, which it did wonderfully and I had the best gaming summer followed by an incredible luck of PS1 gems one after the other starting with RE1. The regret was how much I paid for this bliss with how little I could afford. Five grand. Took me years to pay off. Thank goodness games were fun back then, because I would have done myself if I spent this much today for today's "games".

I am not sure why I even bought that game.

That's some class.

Wasted my childhood on them and am currently wasting my adulthood on them.

Hey, you can't put a price on happiness user. Don't beat yourself up about it.

The Xbox

I'm even ingame right now, and enjoying it. Someone please put me out of my masochism and misery.

Fallout 4
Ok so Bethesda games are shit but I enjoy them, call me a faggot with no taste. However F4 is so fucking retarded it even made radiant quests wrong. I won't say anything else about it, it should be enough radiant quests in Skyrim are god bless compared to this shit.

Stardew Valley
OK it is RF on PC with mods what can go wrong? Everything went wrong. Waifus are not only shit, every NPC in this game is level of writing and personality of villager from FF that gives you one liner about where you should go. Farming is straight up worse than in RF4, there is nothing to it, no depth, nothing. On top of all of this everything looks like shit in this game, it is some of the worst pixelart I have seen.

Ha, not even I was so retarded to buy this bullshit. I am also grieving on the fact it got canceled. Idea of managing a RPG town was awesome.

Either ACIII Collector's Edition or scumming through Dark Souls with a guide and the Black Knight Sword.

no fucking way

game came out, what, 1-2 years ago?

I didn't even own it the first few months it was out.

Likewise. The faggots that I associate with to replace the hole of having nobody to relate to who isn't a complete fuckwit all praised the piece of trash like it was the second coming of Christ, and like the fellow dumb faggot that I am I got it.
I couldn't stomach more than half an hour of it.
Now they think I like it because like a dumb faggot I physically walked away from the computer and forgot I left the game on. Now it says I played 12 hours of it.
christ why do i keep falling for stupid shit like this, fuck me running

found the infidel

Starbound
It's like a tumor in my games list. Every time I see it I feel violated. The first and last time I've been hyped about indie pixelshit

How do I repent for this?

If you bought early with the expectations that it was going to be like GW1 then how could have you known

Choosing to stay playing videogames beyond 7th gen and thinking it'll improve. Handheld games are still fun at least.

I sold some SNES games for extra cash when I was a stupid 12 year old.
Earthbound, Lufia 1 and 2, Chrono Trigger.. I'm still kicking myself.

It's worse than that. They were games given to me by my (now dead) grandpa. He was the one who made me truly appreciate and love RPGs. When he died, one of the things I got from him were his original dice and pewter miniatures from when he played D&D.

I bought F3AR day 1

2 didn't give it away that it was going to be shit?

those can all be torrented

2 wasn't nearly as bad and I had shit taste

Killing myself my mens

I pre-ordered Spore (I was 14 and honestly brainwashed) and my key was used before I even fucking got to it; pajjit in customer service refuse to believe that I could not connect using my key despite the fact that I sent him a photo of my original packaging, so I ended up pirating a game that I bought

Same here

I almost went ahead and got Deathwing before full release, for the discount. Right before I did though, I went checking around the discussions of people who already had, and there were too many red flags. Complete and utter lack of gameplay videos even up to a month or two before release was the biggest one.

I was so looking forward to an actually fucking good WH40k game, and the guys who made E.Y.E. were developing it. I figured it would be buggy and probably have shitty UI, but it would improve over time. I was right about the first two, and wrong about the last thing.

I think when I checked a month ago, peak players for the week was 200. The game is DOA. Even if they fix everything and make it great, it's too little, too late. Seems a general law of the universe that anytime a 40k vidya is created, it's never good. People who want a good 40k game are doomed for life never to get one.

And overwatch

It's a tie between playing Dark Souls and buying Shadow of the Colossus and Ico.

I threw out a lot of boxes for games. I also lost most of my GBA games at a party when I was a kid.

Anyone with such a thin skin is no friend of mine. I get an errection every time I think of all the pussies who stopped using the internet under their favorite alias or just left all together because of something I told them, even my own brother. normalfagS GTFO MY INTERNET!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Buying a gaming laptop.

You really need to go back to reddit. You're not fitting in here.

I traded in some PS2 games, like Jak n Daxter and Ratchet and Clank, for a PSP 1000, which I only own 3 games for, have updated, and since replaced with a Vita which I actually use. I don't regret getting a PSP, but I could have gone about it all better.

yeah, this.

Bought Mankind Divided. Sharp reminder to never buy AAA again. I should have known, but I just enjoyed Human Revolution too much, and hoped that they could recapture the ambiance and magic.

I gave money for pic related…
God, i hope Obsidian will crash soon! Only that could ease my pain! But the shame will remain…

sounds like you have issues beyond simply the standard Holla Forums autism

like what?

You fucking monster!
You deserve to be here with us!

continuous pandering to the socjus crowd and crappy characters that don't compliment the solid grouping, the only thing about the game I liked.

Got a N64 instad of a PS. I'll never forgive myself for that one.

I can top all of you. What I'm about to tell you guys is enough to honestly make me consider suicide.

I'm not joking.

Around two years ago, I was super invested in CSGO. Had hundreds of hours in the game. Bought a sticker on the market for a few bucks.

It was an iBuyPower Holo

Sold it later down the road for a hundred dollars. Fast forward to today, it's now worth around $2,500. Biggest regret of my life. I should've kept that sticker. I should've bought more of them. I should've bought a hundred of them when they were just a few bucks…

Like, do any of you guys have that one memory? You know, that ONE thing that happened years ago that you just keep trying to forget but keep being reminded of it?

I'm reminded of this every time I see steam or CSGO.

That's not exactly a big deal. I got into bitcoin back in 2011, but bought an Nvidia GPU for my first actual gaming computer, and never stuck with it.

Mining back then with a half decent AMD card would have paid off my student loans today.

Man, $2400 isn't that much. And I know it sucks thinking "if only I had bought a million of them", but you had no idea it would happen so it's not like you missed some big obvious sign. You can't dwell on it, it's not your fault.

I yohoho'd PoE to see if I would like it, and to this day I still can't figure out what the fuck the core issue is.

It got a ton of funding because it was going to be a modern day Baldur's Gate. But somewhere, somehow, they made the game boring. It's bizarre, because they actually tried and they put effort into their development of the game, they obviously cared about what they were doing (there's a reason NV is considered far better than FO3 by most). But Pillars of Eternity just wasn't FUN. I still can't really figure out why. Tons of reading was part of it, not that there was so much but the percentage of it that was purple prose, words and words and words to say nothing really important. Another part seemed to be how combat was set up and executed, I don't remember much about it.

It was just super bland. I can't fathom how they could put in the effort they did and make something so utterly uninteresting.

Bought the original Dead Space during Steamsale.

I could not for the life of me get it to work. Feels like i tried everything (different compatibility modes, disabling HID-compliant game controllers and installed different .dll's that could be related to the error)

All in all i regret this purchase very bloody much.

I got a diablo tshirt as a christmass present and was waiting at gamestop for the day 1 release to collect a physical copy.
Biggest dissapointment of my life.

thats a shame, DS was great. 2 was better. 3 was an utter abortion and should be purged from the history books

lmao

That game was actually gud user, perhaps torrent it.
You said you tried everything are you sure?

I mined bitcoins early on a lark and lost interest when I was ridiculed by my peers. When I saw the prices had gone up to $350 I decided to backup my wallet. The hard drive bricked.

Can I join you on pirated version? I was considering purchase but dlc cost 4x price of base game on sale. And they put dlc for early access game.

lolwat
i got the game off some bundle at one point, it basically came with the games i was interested in. played through it one calm night and it was comfy af. not much of a game tho, just comfy

I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite

It was stupidly disappointing. The dad that wrote JFK conspiracy books and the crazy uncle with secret passageways and storage rooms in the house were interesting stories, the plot of the mom that was cucking the dad went absolutely fucking nowhere and the lesbian forbidden love thing was the most boring, cringeworthy and derivative piece of shit. It's like you can see the writer being warped by social justice as the story progressed.

Exactly dude!
>The interesting characters are bad and you need to brainwash convert them to the progressive side of the history
Obsidian should burn for this! Not just for me, but for themself, to protect the "good memories" we had about them… which originaly belong to Black Isle

yes, im mad faggots

In 1997 you could buy a pretty good P166 computer for just about $2500.
If you really spent $5k on a P166, you got scammed by some merchant.

It was pretty great for the first year or so. I certainly got my 60 shekels worth.

I'll list what I've tried to illustrate:

*Basically when i try to launch it via Steam it simply says 'Running' and then it stops after a second or 2. Launching it from the game folder gives error: 'The application failed to start correctly: 0x00007b'

- Added the settings.txt to my user/appdata/etc.. folder
*The path did not exist but i took the advice and created it manually.
*I should mention i run Windows from an SSD and my steamfolder is ran from a different drive

- Disabled all the HID compliant controllers

- Installed Visual C++ from all capable years

- Manually installed all required .dll's to both system 32 and syswow64

- Installed directx from the dead space directory folder

- Made the deadspace.exe run as admin with all available compatibility combinations

Tried a ton of the '0x00007b fix 100%' videos but nothing. Pretty much seems like 'everything' I would think.

Though any suggestions would be appreciated

Your runtimes are fucked, duder. It is 100% a software issue on your end that you need to fix.

First review I came upon:

This game was purchased for me a long time ago as a birthday present. Got a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ of good hours out of this game, but it was abandoned by the developers and left in a painfully unfinished state. It basically went straight from Alpha to "Finished". They flip-flopped on actually abandoning it for a while - they hired a new guy to work on it, which failed within weeks of happening…twice. Then they talked about releasing a Towns 2, despite this game being unfinished. The last attempt at saying "yes, we still care about this" was in early 2015, when a dev's house was supposedly under construction, so he had no room/time/internet to release a new patch. Finally, they stopped talking altogether. Their forums are a ghost town. This was one of the unfortunate early failures of the Greenlight system.

Been a while since I've played it, but I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of "holy ♥♥♥♥ don't buy this" that is already out there. The game you're getting is not worth a 15 dollar price tag.

752.1 hrs on record

I bought MGS5 on release.

oh don't get me wrong. i never commented on the story. in fact, it was so lackluster i never really paid that much attention to it (not that you needed to pay any attention, i still knew exactly what was going on). to be honest it's just what you'd expect to find from searching through a bunch of things in the house. however, the act of exploring a big wooden house and going through a bunch of different rooms from different people at night while it's raining outside was comfy. also, i played with all help disabled for immersion so that might've helped me get into it

There are 8760 hours in a year

Bought Sonic Chronicles and returned it within the hour, and bought a Vita for a few games that ended up on PC anyway.

Warcraft.
I bought ALL the expansions before I even tried the game out when I was little.

Also Roblox. I was suckered into it at an even younger age without knowing why it was one of the shittiest pseudo-games to ever be made. I kicked myself for the longest fucking time for wasting my parents' money on these pieces of shit.

Even to this day it is hard to believe that I can or have found redemption.

lynch yourself

If you already bought it, it was fun grinding to level 60. Also, vanilla raids and bosses were fun as fuck.

I don't see the problem here. If anyone is able to tell you why a game is shit, it's gonna be the people who put the most time into it.

Specifically it created the Early Access on Steam because Valve had to retroactively create the category for Towns to be put under due to it being so unfinished.

I bought a 3DS at launch, and did not get a single game for it for several months. All I used it for until then was playing my old DS games when I already owned a functioning DS. I don't even use it anymore because the plastic tip of the adapter somehow broke apart, making it impossible to charge the battery anymore. I can't even use my old DS anymore, either, since what happened to the adapter also happened to the DS's actual body.

I will find you and kill you, you nigger faggot

I bought a Wii U

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
I pirated it and I want my money back.

That's actually pretty hot.

If you're still about try R.U.S.E. for multiplayer. You'll have to get it from a reseller though (or perhaps Amazon).

Mankind Divided pre-ordered
But Honey you never buy games anymore and you enjoyed the last one. Fuck you, woman

WoW, everything about it. From dumb shit I did online, to buying it, and putting nearly 2 years of playtime on one character

buying battlefield 4 with all the dlc

it had a bug where you simply couldn't win one of the midgame singleplayer levels, a door shut and became unopenable after a checkpoint

that game couldn't get any worse right now

i've been using the same fucking build for 2 years because any experimentation is punished absolutely relentlessly by cheese

no fun allowed

Destiny

Just restart from the last checkpoint and you will be okay… it's a well know bug, and dice was lazy shit to not fix it…
Anyway you don't lose much, the whole single palyer is a joke! I cleaned whole maps with only using the knife. The enemy AI is literally doesnt exist!
Otherwise after 2 years the multi is finally good and thats the only thing what matter…
Play it while you can faggot before they shoot it down like they did with bf1942, 2 and2142!
EA will sooner or later ass fuck the game because it fucking finally playable!

Picking video games as my hobby
I should have picked something that wasn't tied to consumerism or so anti consumer.
Don't you love supporting devs who leave you for wider audiences and shit on all the games you loved, leaving you replaying shit endlessly until it bores you, buying new shit that's terrible in a multitude of ways, or quitting and wondering what you can fill the void with.
I can't put into words how much I hate this hobby. I played vidya since I was a kid, I never expected the industry to turn out like this, and I'm totally disenfranchised.

I bought Starcraft 2 for the full price on release. I really thought that I could play and enjoy the multiplayer and that the campaign would be good. I've never been able to play 1v1 RTS games and that was no different (not to mention how shit the multiplayer was too). The story was so pants on head retarded and shat on everything in SC1 and Brood War.

Traded my GBC for a single gba game. At least it was a decent game.

Skyrim
Dragon age 2
Fable 3
Saints row 3 and 4

This thread makes me wonder if this is hell and we're here to suffer for our vidya sins.

Bought Tortanic collectors edition because I wanted a new SWG so badly.

mmorpg subscriptions

I believed a friend when he said that Uncharted was good and bought it.

I have learned my lesson, I will never doubt you again Holla Forums.

I bought a Wii U for Censored Blade X
Could have been worse, I could have bought it for SMTxFE. ;_;

Holy shit I was mad, I wasn't Mass Effect 3 mad, but God I was fucking mad.

It was the fact that the idea seemed easy to execute and shouldn't have had any issue. It was the fact playing Orks should have been a blast it was, but only because the other Orks made it fun. It was the fact all they literally had to do was make Space Marine + 2 Factions + constant fighting. Everytime.

A lesson learned at least

Since noone mentioned "No Man's Sky" i think there is hope!

Except neither of those things have happened.

I regret not remembering the names of those first games I used to play with my dad on his computer when I was but a boy.
I know one was Jazz Jackrabbit and another was Star Command, but there's so many more I don't remember.

We all did.
We all regret it.
It was ok at first. It was ok.

Bayo 1 & 2
W101
now you can have a bit of happiness

Dropping my Rogue Squadron 3D CD from the table and cracking it in half.
It still hurts Holla Forums, it still hurts.

I have over one hundred games downloaded to my nonhacked 3ds
granted most of them like 60% I got from stealing club Nintendo codes from game stop but still that's alot

Bought a PS4

Buying EFC 2
you can't make cute girls because shit harstyles.

>leveled a paladin with my girlfriend
>i mean c'mon, i had almost a full set of judgment gear all shitposting aside still the coolest-looking armour set of all time, epic weaponry, and had my class on lock, this is going to be incredible

thank you blizzard. you saved me from you

Purchasing the collector's edition of Xenoblade X.
I love the first game. It's fantastic. So I bought into the hype for the second game so hard.
Too bad it's one of the worst JRPGs ever made. Shallow characters, a world with no depth and a dull story with a disgraceful twist.

Pretty much any post-2010 purchase. I can't muster the Autism to play a game for long enough to warrant whatever the purchase price may be. I've only bought ~10-15 games since that point in time, and haven't beaten, much less completed a number of them.

The only non-private server title I've gotten a good amount of time out of lately is WoW, which I'm fairly certain I've broken 13000 hours in by now.

They threw out their SNES + games
but why

I bought The Division and the season pass

Last MMO i'll ever play, fuck you anet.

PvP is what can really satisfy people, I'd say. Instant fun that requires less gear than PvE and puts your mind and reaction time to the test.

I remember giving away 2k gold to a troll shaman who was asking for 200 in General chat - just because I was bored and loaded. We actually became friends and did Arena later.

Maybe some people who never experienced these things in mmos will take note. Grinding the same places, same bosses over and over or having your raid disband because it wipes a few times - sucks.

oh same here. I should have never trusted my normalfag friends who praised to the heavens and back

No single piece of gear in TBC had 118 agility. The scaling in TBC was nowhere near this bad.

I have no self control

MAKE THE PAIN STOP

I regret getting into gaming in the first place

back when I was more of a normalfag working at gamestop I bought into the hype of Modern Warfare 2. All my friends and family were getting it, all my coworkers were getting it, and I have a weak spot for limited editions…. I traded in a ton of my rare ps2 games and a bunch of 360 games towards it… so many old rare Japanese vidya lost for a stupid fucking set of night vision goggles for a game I didn't even like. My life.

My other semi-regret was trading in my 360 and all the games I owned for it when the Xbone was announced and had spying shit in there… though all I have to do there is remember that I had to pay 30 or 40 bucks to play online and it makes it easier to let go.

I regret not playing fighting games and brood war with friends back when I had them.

I regret giving my sister my old consoles and 400+ games because she duped me into thinking she was actually going to play them and not sell them and give the money to her secret nigger boyfriend. Stupid fucking bitch.

I hope you got revenge somehow. It's fucking theft to sell shit that is leant to you.

I preordered DaS2 but it got cancelled for some reason and I got my money back. Then the game turned out to be shit. I've pirated it a few times but never finished it.

I took it as a sign that I should never preorder again.

Consumerism.

Shouldn't have loaned it out in the first place faggot

The only MMO I ever played was Allods Online and I ended up getting into a guild and becoming addicted to the socialization and competitive nature of this F2P MMO. In about a year an a half I ended up dropping about $200 on the game on what amounts to be lottery tickets.
Buying a copy of Kingdoms of Amalur. Hands down shittiest game I ever completed.

I opened it

I'm pretty sure that number was is correct…. but that was before Blizzard eventually nerfed all the numbers sometime before Mists if I'm recalling correctly.

Question: why?

The PS2 mic and socom Navy seals.

Because the N64 had just come out, and they bought to replace the SNES.

If you were playing anarch or lone wolf then I can't blame you as there isn't really a good alternative, unless you already know what's in there otherwise there is no excuse and you deserved what you got

Buying the Wii and Wii U.

At the time I was pretty low information and most of my childhood was spent playing Maxis games. I was also a cheap ass that would wait for the best deal possible. I figured they could do no wrong.

Oh, look at you. I guess you hate fun.

Well, that's understandable. At least you learned yourself a lesson, I guess.

probably how it was described to him in some meme review on steam.

Getting hyped for GW2. I put off so much shit thinking about that game. I didn't allow myself to get absorbed into any other game except GW between 2007 and 2012, and the payoff wasn't even close to worth it. I wish I would have heeded the warnings of others in the GW community, especially those who were deeply into the high end PvP scene, that ANet was rife with problems and didn't know what they were doing.

Goldeneye: Reloaded

Page 15 save

bought gw2 for 20 euros and i still regret it. To think i could have 4 pizzas for it just hurt me. I could talk for hours where did they go wrong. Swear to god i could made 1000x better game with kind of money they had. Also writers deserve noose

I believed that YandereDev wasn't a faggot.

C'mon buddy.

I sold a lot of my early PS1 games and the OG console (from 1995) for relative pennies at a game trade-in shop, luckily I still kept my copy of MGS and FF Anthology.

In the PS2 era, I was big into Japanese games, especially JRPGs. But I was also depressed and a perfectionist. No game ever really got finished cause I was always grinding, trying to find the super secret thing instead of just enjoying myself. Fast forward to now, where I really only started having the time to play vidya in the past couple of years.

I look back on my teenage years and remember all the fun I possibly missed out on, feelsbadman.

As long as you actually enjoy it, it shouldn't matter.
Some even like the traste of shit while knowing that it's shit and that others are disgustesd by them.
It would be a problem if you'd keep on playing it while hating it though like every Dota player that isn't making millions from it

Lichdom: Battlemage.

It was sold as a "FPS with magical powers that you create and you are basically a badass that kills everything".

TL;DR I bought it $40 because it looked interesting, but you were so limited and sluggish, it felt like I was promised eurobeat, only to end up with dubstep. Unfun and boring.

Least you didn't buy one of the console ports.

Yeah, I bought it on PC, I didn't know it didn't perform well on consoles. It didn't look great, but at least in ran well.
Ah yeah, and I also bought those as a kid.