Rimworld General

Last thread on page 13 post stories and bases.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/rkYW3rDY
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28422.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=a530655498baebbe05c25e8bbef473e2&topic=28422.30
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4373.0
nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/177/?
ludeon.com/rimworld/getmygame/
steamworkshopdownloader.com/
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30589.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just learned there is a fourth time speed setting you can get with the hotkeys, faster than the fastest that appears on the UI.

Is this literally DF for people who can't figure out how to download a sprite sheet?

It's DF for people who don't want to deal with DF's UI in general.

anyone got a megalink of all the worthwhile mods for a humble piratefag?

That's the only episode in the entire series.
The only one.
Yet you're still watching, somehow surprised.
It's actually "DF but with more guns", really. A bit of Sci-Fi theming instead of fantasy, and crews who are 90% fat instead of 100% manlets.

I don't really have an cogent opinion on DF's UI either way, seeing as I don't play the game. I was just providing some clarity and a retort. I suspect DF's UI is likely about as complex as it needs to be for what the game is, but I also suspect that what the game is might be too difficult for some people to enjoy, and that includes the UI.

Recommended Vanilla Modlist:
pastebin.com/rkYW3rDY

You can download them yourself form official forum m8

DF's problem isn't the UI imo. DFs problem is once you get over the hurtles there is literally nothing else to the game.

No, DF's UI is legendarily bad.
It's worst flaw is that it's inconsistent even by it's own logic, with building mechanics that should be similar having complely different implementations with different hotkeys assigned.

Also this, you really have to make your own fun by building stuff. Almost all threats you face can be easily handled with a couple of cage traps.

I would genuinely call it overrated with people mistaking obtuseness for depth. There's some really cool things in it like the text system and the water physics, but it not worth the stuggle past things like the building and militia systems.

The water system doesn't even matter. The game is so crappily optimized and has no multi-threading so it lags if you even acknowledge the existence of water.

Sex slave mod

WHEN?

I was pretty fucking worried for a moment there.
Also torrent hash here: e4d16c5c2ada4db2f89595b2adfdc5a8ea30c2af never buy a game before it's released

It's DF in the same way every shooter is doom.

Couldn't have said it better. People need to shut the fuck up about how "DF is better! No RimWorld is!" They're completely different games that share similar mechanics. If it was a legitimate clone that looked and played the same with minor differences (ie: Diablo / Torchlight) faggots might have grounds to complain, but they're not.

z levels when

It's just the DF mega-autists dropping a jealous shit. Let's face it, Rimworld won't appeal to your average fuck-face because it requires a shit-ton of management (ie: thought) and for us that is what is fun. DF takes that to another level (I guess?) and removes the good UI and controls. I'm not that fucking autistic to be interested in DF.

It's totally not bait weaponizing DF and RW autism fanboism so as to farm (You)'s, no sir, no way.

I played dwarf fortress when it first came out. It actually got less fun to play over time.

Rimworld is what dwarf fortress used to be like. DF went megaturbosperg, which would've been okay if the UI kept up, but it didn't. DF's UI was fine when the game was a lot simpler, now it's more complicated and the UI and the time required just to get in the game kills all of my desire to play it.

Really there's only a few things I miss from DF when I play Rimworld - z-levels, magma/flowing water/pumps/etc, decent sprites, melee combat, and random critter generation. Virtually everything else is being done better in Rimworld, or isn't really necessary in Rimworld.

Rimworld's definitely got DF beat when it comes to lighting, temperature, and night/day cycles.

People like you are why video games are shit now.

It's not style, it's usability.

DF isn't usable. The controls are a piece of shit. Just thinking about trying to build constructions instantly kills my mood for playing the game.

If you reply to posts without actually reading them, you just end up looking silly. We understand that you are mad that your favorite thing isn't getting attention, and boy are we laughing.

Funny how many impressive megaprojects I've seen for an unusable game.

I didn't say you couldn't do it, I said it's a pain in the ass to do it because the UI sucks.

I've had my fun with megaprojects in DF and I really don't want to go through all the bullshit anymore. Rimworld doesn't have megaprojects, but at least the actual planning and construction you do is fun AND painless.

You literally have to download 3rd party tools just to make DF bearable.

I'm hoping Rimworld will eventually get at least a couple z-levels. I don't need dozens of them, but just digging out a basement or having a two or three story building would be fantastic.

Yes you did though.

I don't understand how this is an issue. Why would toady spend months creating an alternative to something that already exists and is exceptional at what it does?

The third party tools should be integrated into dwarf fortress quite frankly - though even then, they're still pretty awful from a UI standpoint. Not to mention unstable.

It's called the lazy newb pack.

In that case video games have been shit ever since they made the jump from text adventures.
What? You some kind of faggot that needs actual graphical representation on-screen instead of their imagination?
You are the reason videogames suck now.

bam

A little bit of creativity goes a long way for aesthetics.

Am I the only one who likes both DF and Rimworld?

Backer rewards were a mistake

Do you know what the UI is in Dwarf Fortress?

It's when you get take-out Chinese food, take it home, and eat it with chopsticks even though you suck fucking donkey balls at using chopsticks. Somehow, eating the food with the native instruments instead of a goddamn fork like you're used to makes you feel smug and satisfied that you're "doing it right", when all you're really doing is deliberately handicapping yourself. Forks are superior to chopsticks, just like the UI in Rimworld (and basically every other game) is superior to the UI in DF. This is indisputable objective FACT. That doesn't change that you might have your own reasons for wanting to play DF and even having a bizarre affection for the UI; but it's still your subjective opinion.

baka gaijin detected, enjoy eating the greasy shitburger and italian cocknoodle with your seery baybay utensuh

kekekeke

Fuck you. There is a certain point at which style is just betrer. A bare minimum.

You know what I find funny? When asians eat rice with chopsticks. I don't mean that sticky rice like sushi rice that clumps together, either, I mean like fried rice where no two grains of rice are stuck together. They have to eat the rice one fucking grain at a time, yet still eat it faster than you could with a fork. They move so fast their hand is a blur and manage like five grains of rice per second.

It's impressive in exactly the same way as watching a guy skillfully mow a lawn with a pair of scissors. You admire his spirit and the dedication to the amount of practice it must have taken, but you still recognize he's a dumbshit.

Why not use a fucking spoon?

Bullshit aside, I've been using chopsticks for the last seven or so years (since I lived with a Taiwanese family during my college years) and even though I like using chopsticks for a lot of foods/while cooking you're 100% right.

I'll agree with you with the cooking thing. It's basically impossible to stir things with a metal implement without fucking up your pans, but you'd be surprised how many American households DON'T have wooden spoons and spatulas for cooking. I can only guess that they stir their pots with telekinesis. Using chopsticks that you're going to use anyway saves you from having to wash another wooden spoon, too.

All this talk about forks/spoons vs chopsticks.
First of all I'm a white American married to an Asian. (.. anyways..) We use both sets often, and guess what? Like other tools each choice has it advantage. Just like fork vs spoon. You know what is easier to eat with chopsticks? Regular rice and any diced/sliced/grated vegetable/meat dish.. it's easy as fuck and I prefer it to a fork or spoon. Also Asians on a whole eat slower than whites, and guess what, their body weight on average is about 2/3's of whites. So, while you can't shove a huge steak in your mouth with chopsticks easily, you can eat, pre-cut and prepared slices of meat, likely better and easier to cook with chopsticks.

–SO Rimworld, eh? Yeah ok– here is my latest base– dug up the side of a mountain obviously– goes about quite far I'm just 1/3 in now. Really love this map found a few hidden valleys while mining.

ebin

into the corpse freezer it goes.

Smoothed stone looks so fucking hideous jesus. Why the hell did he think it was a good idea to have three brown slotches every so often that look like big clumps of dirt needing to be cleaned?
but why?

basically LoTR inspired. The red road will be built out going to the edge of the map stopping at the build-no-build line. At the same time I'm expanding my walls and defense outside with several water pumps and will fortify the blue area. After that I'll think about purple.
The center road will be lined with turrets and I will open up the front when it's reinforced properly, so invasions from the front will face it, but also any infestations will have to cross it before they get too far. At least this is my plan.
And I agree, smooth stone looks stupid, but for some crazy reason it's the highest beauty rating, after I have a bunch more art and higher quality furniture I'll go ahead and put in some carpet and stone in certain areas to make it look less communist. (stupid).

Smoothed stone is one of those bafflingly retarded things in this game. How come does bumpy stone floor have a higher beauty rating than hand crafted stone tiles and carpets? It's even worse if you build a room that's partially on dirt, because then your only 2 options are to create a disgusting half-stone-half-tile mess, or reduce the overall beauty by paving all of it with tiles. It's already a huge advantage to do stone floors because you won't need to haul and craft all the stone/blocks and waste resources, so why does it also need to have a beauty advantage.

You're more annoying than my dentist and you are basically saying people should quit playing modern MMOs and go play 1995 style muds.
Good luck with that.

They both offer features that neither can fully reproduce individually.

Did you have a point?

Great, now go through the process of building a 2 story building with a roof instead of digging.

Y'know, something """complicated""" instead of the only thing that's easy to do in the DF UI; digging tunnels and building workshops.

b>c>t then u or k for length/width
then b>c>u on the lower floor and b>cc>f and then u and k for floor, repeat walls, repeat stairs, repeat floor

/thread

I like rimworld though, have a bump.

I still love both of them though.

Now that is just a sad lie.

There's way too many minutiae to bother with in DF, I gave up when soap was introduced

I'm going to enjoy shooting at fools over the water

You're absolutely right

I bought 5 cobra eggs. Over 1 year they all become alcoholics, helping themselves to all my bottled beer.. wtf

I wish the game was finished already. I'd gladly support the dev by buying the game, but I will not support early access ever.

Dude, your autism just isn't strong enough to get the benefits and powers.

DFer here, is this a good game to try if you like DF alot?
The art style looks kind of like Prison Architect, which was an overpriced piece of garbage.
Does this game, despite being full-priced while simultaneously early access, offer alot of substance besides surviving, building a few houses and maximizing citizen equipment?

Build the walls/door, make a staircase to reach the ceiling, then make a floor on the ceiling. At least, that's how I'd always done it.

I had the same problem; one of my cobras died alcohol poisoning at a few days old.
Just set the animal area to not include the room where you store beer.

No not really.
Its fun if you like base building.
The defense and enemies are pretty lack luster, the mood system can be fucking retarded.
Its being developed in a good direction, the dev is also not a SJW faggot moron.

I would get it if it goes on sale.

Does anyone have a torrent/link for .16.4?

Give it a pirate and see what you think. It's easily modded, there are a lot of available mods on the Ludeon forums made by community members which heavily up the content.
If you've enjoyed all the fun to be had from dorfs going nuts, you'll really like the base game, but the psychology mod creates even more fun.
As of the latest major update, now you can be the trade caravan.

Get qbitorrent, install the python script for the search function, thank me later.

Don`t know if want.
Where is that totally reliable chart which shows the best torrent programs?
I`m using Deluge.

Qbittorrent is one of the good ones. You shouldn't need a python script to use the search function though, it's built in last time I checked. You just tick a box in a menu and you can search and download anything you want.
It's easier to list the bad torrent clients, and the only bad ones I know of are utorrent and that Chinese one that doesn't seed.

Boomalopw goes to base and gets shot by turrets

Fuck this game sometimes.

You deserve all you got and ten times worse for using the term toon.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Goddamnit.

Sorry to shill or whatever, but I've never played an alpha game, or hardly any games in the last few years as much as I've played this. This seems to scratch a special itch that has been burning for years. Despite that I have pirated the game, as is my credo concerning unreleased games.

What's your problem with utorrent?

If you ever played old school mmo's like Everquest it would be your natural thought.

Well, there was the time they included hidden malware in the installation that would use your hardware to mine cryptocurrencies.

Where the fuck is the changelog for versions posted? I can't find it anywhere on the forums so I can't tell if I should bother pirating every new version or just stick with 16.1

Also those are some weird as fuck building shapes.

there's a mod that reverts the tech tree back to the original list.

qbittorrent is open source and it works really well. The search function is great for when torrent sites get taken down because the trackers often don't get touched and still come up in the search. I used to use tixati but this is much better.

what are their chronological ages?

name ,please ?

Ah we've got a Fry and Dr. Farnsworth kind of deal going on here.

Forgot to add pic

Pressure :^)
Barotrauma

and that's how everyone died

also, i have no design sense.

holy shit that stone chunk placement is insanely clever

or i'm just fucking retarded

Uhh, where?

The three speeds that appear in the UI can also be set with the 1, 2, and 3 keys. I accidentally hit 4 and suddenly everyone was going way faster than usual.

Honestly, I don't think I could get into DF fortress mode because of the shit UI. In a management game, the interface is so fucking important, it's just a shitty experience microing because of the effort. Adventure mode is a different animal, it's more turn based which makes up for the shit, and most of the UI problems are dismissable because you're probably only going to use like 6 keys at most.

I'm using stone blocks to making deadfall traps at the enemy entry point

are you going to edit in water terrain or is it a mod?

despite everyone having less than 4 in shooting, not doing mountain bases or kill boxes

jones dead, two downed with bruises and cracked bones, and weeks of muffalo meals

but then
just as the injured are put into the hospital i was too cheap to fully tile with silver
pics related
8 colonists became 4 that day.
"why, when you have them outnumbered 8-3?", you ask?
3 incapable of violence
3 hospitalized, only one could stand and fight (without his weapon)
so that's just 2 left, my shitty gunman and a knifeman
the colony lives on. got my guys some lavish meals, snort yayo and smoke smokeleaves.
they fucking deserve it

*y-you too**
i forgot why i do that though
not sure if it stops fires, and i'd imagine trees are better cover

Planning future colony

well they offer less cover than trees but they're easier to move and faster to assemble, plus they offer a faster hauling point around your perimeter so your guys don't have to haul to the dumping pile wherever you hid it in your base.

And I think it does help with fires but not sure

I meant "moisture pumps", in my area we call them water pumps, but that means they remove the water.

when you can afford it put 3 tile concrete floors around everything important and choke points that will stop fires.

Why does the game have a
flag for *allow non-dead man's apparel?
Most of them time I want to make a storage area specifically for items that are the opposite. IE, not a dumping site for the next vendor.

It's for crematoriums.

cool – but i wish i had a only-new flag.

Make a stockpile for deadmans clothes, set it to critical.

Your words are wise.

I keep selling animals and food and clothes in order to buy steel and components, that while I'm constantly digging up and producing I just can't seem to get ahead of it.

I know that, I'm just talking about early game, the boreal forest is a bitch when it comes to fires and that's a quick and easy fix before you can pretty it up

IT'S GOOD THING YOU CAN EDIT IT WITH NOTEPAD..

Or just kill the abomination when it spawns in your game.

IN OTHER NEWS.

There's a 40K mod that adds IG; sorroritas, space elves, gay spacve elves, mechanicus.
+Astartes gear
+corruption and religion
+PSYKER POWERS

well, this would be good but it also brings the non-dead man's clothes as well.

Yeah, it's not really what you asked for since you need a critical (dead man's) clothes stockpile and a below critical non-dead man's clothes stockpile.

Just cremate them all, they'll only take space in your main stockpile temporarily if you do that.

what the fuck

Fuck off back to plebbit.

How about a link, faggot?

Their whole faction came to say hello.

after I hit play all but 6 dissapeared off the side of the map and now only 3 are left taking up all my hospital beds cause of anxiety and I can't treat them or make them leave and they're the only friendly faction around here so no killing

Is this from a mod? Haven`t seen that yet.

It's from the psychology mod

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28422.0
Link for the 40k mod.

Thank you for recommending qbitorrent.

Does this game still have that really gay dynamic difficulty bullshit where the game will nuke the fuck out of you for doing too well or doing things that make it think you're doing too well like hoarding extra food to prepare for winter?

Day 360.. the dawn of year six.

Our founder, Daniel of Daniel's people would throw a party if he wasn't so busy not chewing bubblegum.

It will get more difficult as you become more established, so if you're just hoarding wealth in a shitty base you'll probably get fucked up. But if you're also investing in equipping your soldiers and building a defensible fortress, then it's manageable.

But there are 3 main difficulty options, one that's pretty much just base building, one that's moderately challenging and responsive to the conditions in your base, and one that's basically random. The middle option might give you a good event then a bad event then a good one depending on how you handled it, but the random one is just as likely to hit you with 6 positive events in a row as 6 negative ones. And each of these 3 main difficulties has like 5 or 6 difficulty settings to choose from.

So basically, the difficulty of the game is highly customizable depending on what kind of experience you're looking for.

you need to scale down man

so 3 of my settlers decided to split and make a new colony for no reason at all (they were all ecstatic), right after I finally managed to make a replacement spine for my researcher/leader (who was very needed and been out of commision for a long time), and as one of them was leaving, instead of taking the door they decided it was much easier to mine through my walls (despite the clear gap they could have used to escape after the first wall) and opened my hydroponics room to the cold which is now going to kill most of my crops so I've got 1 person whose crap at everything and 1 paraplegic.
I think this place is done now.
Bonus, the chief of the new colony immediately died from an infection I was in the middle of trying to treat.

Don't trigger me you shitlord.
Also stone chunks don't stop fires but three tiles of non-flammable floor (like concrete) will. You can get rid of slag with fire burning away the tile under it but I'm not sure if that works for chunks too.

wewlad
she might not be much for raiding parties but because of the dynamic difficulty she'll give you shitloads of time to build up your supplies and then fucking murdlerise you with every other event under the sun if you forget to fortify your shit.

Good luck with your mutts!

smh

I was fire proof from the cheap stone on the perimeter so it sat on a backburner, and I have zzrt disabled cause fuck that noise so no internal fires

Phoebe Chillax is just a I'm not going to fuck you in the ass, after raw raping you a minute ago mode. I've had volcanic winters, nuclear fallout, poison ships, psychic ships, sieges, large scale raids and a boomolope man hunter pack. So, Chillax isn't exactly "story mode" (not on medium difficulty or above at least)

What is the storage zone flag for storing uninstalled stuff like turrets and statues?

oh, apparently all uninstalled stuff is "furniture"

update

and just when we're done (poorly) patching up our colonists (no medicine) who now have infections
3 colonists, 2 with serious infections
and that's the day 4 became 1
or 2, if you count dr.shitgunner reptile that sleeps between the meat, hops and smokeleaf

51 boomrats during a solar flare.
Phoebe Chillax medium difficulty.

I have to admit this took me a couple of tries to survive, without being totally wiped out, but in the end it was 51-0. Emergency choke point made in the back of my base in a hidden cove.

Be honest, from which shithole did you leak and why are you pushing RW so hard these last two weeks or so? I don't mind the game but I can plainly see you're neither a native, one of the ni/gg/ers or even a /vg/fag. So, what gives?

Says the moron bumping the thread.
fuck you

Your pic is pretty fitting you stupid nigger.

I'm still around I'm just lurking

You're still bumping the thread

Why sage, especially since I just wrote how I've got no problem with the game? I'm just curios since you apparently know how to proxyfag but can't into imageboards101. And also since the last ~four-five threads were completely different from the straight up /vg/ threads we've been having since November.

I was honestly trying to sage my own posts because I am admittedly rambling on about this game because for the past month it's all I played. I am as native as anyone here, years and years, just leave me alone to enjoy my game. I don't really want to have an internet argument with you. As stated early I pirated this game and recommend others do the same until it is released so don't go there. In two days I go back to work so until then, cheers.
I've also never even browsed /vg/ until this moment, not sure what you're talking about.

Dude, you forgot your face.

There has been a massive change in thread quality over the past months. Pretty sure it's from the election plus the HWNDU thing and all those retards going out in public and live on stream saying "lol I'm from Holla Forums" like the complete newfags they are. Every time an imageboard has advertised itself, intentionally or not, the post quality has taken a nose dive and never really recovered. Probably one of the best arguments against immigration as a whole is what it does to a culture and imageboards, without the ability to blatantly tell other from same by race or accent, find it very hard to resist being swedened against their will.

Do you know what a shibboleth is? Because you're sticking out like a sore thumb. Make sure you lurk more before posting - it's never enough.

I know that feel. It is a really good game and in all honesty if I was going to make a game it would be exactly this: a space western colony sim. I've been binging on it for the past couple of months too but I might be taking a break again until another big update comes out that makes the overworld map into more of a strategy layer and allows us to build an empire through our factions. Right now he's said that the game is specifically balanced for one colony so it's hard to imagine he's going to redo everything to get it to work but who knows.

Yeah it's called "8ch has become a hugbox for pro-trump, pro-establishment teens".

Keep in mind too that we keep receiving free advertisement from the media too as "pedophilia-pushing alt-right nazi Trump GamerGate wymon harassers"; regardless of how true these assertions reflect presently reality, when you have Time or the Guardian or USA Today post graphs saying that this is the most-troll friendly site on the internet, that too is going to interest newfags. And it's impossible to miss that they are new. You run into people who don't know events from six months ago, let alone a quarter decade ago or even pre-GG.

ITT: We can't talk about video games cause Master Anonymous says so
Sorry my extreme interest in a video game made you go into faggot politics mode on a video game board. I'm so sorry I fuck up a sage, I'm obviously from mexico plebbit another planet. I don't give a shit about your politics or theories or happiness, why don't you do the internet a favor and go for a fucking walk instead of playing 8ch Special Agent.

I can't say I was expecting this many people considering how shit this place is. I mean, look at this piece of fucking garbage. 24 people living here. Twenty fucking four. They only have 23 meals and 100 pieces of raw meat. They don't even have fucking beds.
I should have just brought a shitload of metal and made myself a little FOB then fucking waited for them all to starve to death and fucking murder each other.

Never invaded someone else, do they attack you if you keep your distance?

You could've just started a little minibase in the corner.

IIRC Tynan mentioned that the enemy base generation is still in its infancy and it's just a placeholder generation for now with the moods turned off.
Would be nice to see functionally supported colonies of all stripes in future updates. It would be nice to turn up on the map of a neutral settlement in order to trade, rather than going direct to a window.

You're welcome user.

What could go wrong?

It depends. I think you can get unlucky and the enemy village be most melee and in that case they may charge you.

what is this, some kind of normalfag-friendly dorfordress?

With any luck, nothing until I finish researching stonecutting.

heh

RNG god plz

Yes, it's for the normal people who doesn't have autism.

Living it up.

Still haven't seen one fucking piece of uranium for sale or in the ground. ( I have 4 AI personas ffs)

The richer you get the more bugs will spawn.

As long as you keep all your lived in sections under constant lighting, then make a locked off room that's permanently in darkness, you can game the spawn location somewhat.

That is why I have 4 turrents at the top end of the central hallway (that leads into the depths) and 3 in the middle of the central hall just in case. Another 10 turrets in the front courtyard. Everything on a switch to save power.
~~~
3 couples now with only 10 pawns.

But where is the fun in that?

Fun was definitely what happened when bugs spawned in my other colony's hospital.

You guys cursed me. Five minutes after this is posted I've got an infestation on both sides of my 4 turrets. Suddenly a group of "Friendlies" spawn and head in, suicide mission style while I'm trying to pull bugs back to my squad/turrets. They all die and I lose a shit-ton of faction. (Reminds me vaguely of how I called 3factions to send me different types of carvans, after they arrive I get raided, they get slaughtered) ffs

Those turrets won't protect you forever.

I told you, bro.
I told you about mountains.

Why.

Does anyone have an account at the ludeon forums and is willing to do a favor?
Could someone post ludeon.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=a530655498baebbe05c25e8bbef473e2&topic=28422.30 and ask for the possibility of defining faith, xenophobia and psyker abilities using EdB Prepare Carefully?
I was banned for shitposting too hard.

It is always good to consider getting a mod that allows you to build cheap tiles for 1 brick each so you can pave a 3x1 and stop any fires from reaching your main area of the map.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4373.0
The T-More Floors is a good alternative.

Why though.

Already working on, just completed Stonecutting just before the storm hit as per.

your guys are on the wrong side of that fire so say goodbye to your stores

First thing I do every game is deconstruct as many of the nearby ruins as possible for stone blocks so I can build a literal outside fire wall for my base.

You got me scared I admit so I'm going to go ahead and double my tunnel turrets. But your friends who came from the front just got fucked.

Roof the turrets or they are going to explode when it rains.

It might be a good idea to roof my turrets because I've heard they get a defensive bonus but after nearly 10 years (and a few other bases) I've never had a turret explode because of rain.

I would like to see "neat freak" and "passionate organizer" traits that would give a joy bonus to cleaning/hauling duty and a +3-ish bonus.

sniper rifle seems to only be useful when your facing snipers yourself, so rarely. minigun seems too slow and awkward.. i basically make only assualt rifles and sometimes use charge rifles.

I roof all of my cables because I think rain causes them to explode but I'm pretty sure not using batteries works better. Right now I have batteries all linked together with a switch between them and the main circuit. It seems like the Zzzt event needs both a battery and a piece of wire and switches don't count for that.

interesting.

hey guys – I'm really curious in your weapon preferences, as I said before the only weapon I seem to like is the assault rifle. Also do you have any other method for dealing with ships besides sandbags and turrets around it?

Assault rifles are the best though I always give my shittier shots survival rifles because the hit chance with those is so high and the collateral damage is less than a machine gun.
A while ago you could wall it in and set fire to stools around it and have everything die of heat exhaustion but recently they buffed their heat resistance and let them dig through walls so it doesn't work any more.
Best way I know of is to wall off the place and make a thin corridor with IEDs and a killbox at the end. Bit of overkill but they out-range turrets and are generally a bitch to kill so I tend not to take my chances. You can always deconstruct everything after you've got rid of the mechs too. Also pro tip for brawlers: if a scyther gets incapacitated, you can use its operations tab to take off its bladed hands and then implant them on your brawlers for the best melee weapon in the game. Get two though because you can't use them with a weapon and they occasionally switch hands when fighting without weapons.

the funny thing is, instead of starting a new colony, i kept watching over the ruins.
but i shouldn't have kept on watching.

If you watch long enough someone will join, eventually.

a colonist with emp grenades behind a 3 tile wall near the ship helps a lot

love it.

crashed ship just landed on my front lawn.

nice rng

So apparently who raids or visits you is determined by who your neighbors are in the global map. Most of my raiders were Cthulhu monsters which drop nothing of value and gives huge mood debuffs and sometimes medieval raiders that drop low value loot. I guess if I want guns to drop I should piss off the Russians but I really don't want to fight them and their tanks.

mod much?

I was really hoping this would work. It doesn't, now I'll actually have to monitor my switches.

I put farming under wind panels all the time, if I'm going for something tiny. Didn't know about solar. When I don't it's an aesthetic conceit.

I only turn on batteries for recharging and emergencies, they're way too prone to exploding. Rimworlder's must've gotten the battery blueprint from samsung

I use combat realism and focus on LMG's

LMG's rape the loving fuck out of everything, even when you have them in single shot mode instead of 'fuck em all up' mode.

Which is pretty accurate to real life.

get a mod that adds fuses to the game

This could be bad…

holy shit dude you're fucked

How many mods are you using?
And I told you about wood walls.

Just about squeaked by. But my toilets and research bench got roasted. Still, saves time for reconstruction.

I'm running about 108 subscribed mods. But I can't recall how many of them are running on A16. A fair amount in any case. I used to run the Rimworld Hardcore modpack, but since purchasing via Steam, I've been trying to slowly recreate the same setup. What doesn't help is the save breaking mod updates, so I try to limit what I use until everything is updated.

Be honest now: did you change the flammability of wood or something? Fuck me, I didn't play since ~A12 but back then wood and log walls went up in seconds.

Nah, it was just lucky placement on rock flooring and some paving stones I've set down. The whole perimeter wall went up and the toilet block is just a hole in the ground. I was really worried that the next block of bedrooms was about to start cooking, but I managed to micromanage all of my colonists to fight fires in key positions. One of them nearly died inside the workshop area, as the research bench had the place warmed up to 172 degrees.

Welp, it was a hardy colony while it lasted.

The plastron is the shell of the tortoise that covers its belly.

At least I built the walls out of stone.

Did you buy it twice? If you buy the drm free version from his site you get a steam key for free too. The guy makes fuck all from steam sales but 100% from his own site so he's encouraging people to not buy from steam.

Oh shit, I've got a bad feeling I got it from Steam. That's unbelievably shitty, how can they justify that? I only paid for it after pirating it for years just because I had the spare cash at the time, plus I felt like it earned it with the amount of hours I've put in to it.
I'll have to buy it again direct from him if that's the case.

drm not even once.

I've been trying out just a 2 person colony and trying to get it as self sufficient as possible

you deserve the cancer you're going to get from eating off those

Zootopia

Thanks for the shekels goy, I'll be sure to use them to fund the development of paid mod integration with RimWorld

Yiffe! Do not cease in these pleasures!

Mine seldom explode when I roof them and put a cooler set for 0 on my battery rooms. The only bzzzt I've gotten in the past 5 hours was a random piece of power cable.

disable auto updates, goy.

So apparently some modder from 4cucks made a prisoner rape mod. It has a lot of other bullshit like libido and nymphomaniacs though.

nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/177/?

Today is new colony day.
unmodded alpha 16
what should I try for a setup?
main pawn, scenario and map.
3 hours until I get home.

You faggots need to stop posting traps. See, it's distracting and really bad for my blood pressure. Thank you and yahweh bless.

Its a fact that games that have you use your imagination are infinitely more enjoyable and fulfilling than those with graphics.

Noice. I'm going to steal it later.

As someone with the non-steam version of rimworld I'm utterly horrified I can't find a non-workshop download for the lamia and Shiro mod and any other cute monstergirl pet animals for my colonists.

If anyone has them and could do an upload or something I'd be eternally greatful

ludeon.com/rimworld/getmygame/ for the free key or steamworkshopdownloader.com/ to download anything from the steam workshop.

Its not that dumbo, I know how to get the key. I would if I wanted to.
Sure I've got a ton of games in my library but I bought this game early and off steam for a fucking reason.
I want to support this guy without going through goyben. I wanna continue to give incentive for non-steam purchasing and keep it as far away from the next paid mod fiasco or anything like that as possible.

Can't you just drop a couple of bucks without the moralizing? My god, I miss the 90s

So… how can you make a frozen death trap for invaders?

WTF?
Are those…babies?

halp…
i got so much stuff i can't see my whole resource list on the left UI, wut do?

Check your options menu, there should be a UI option to change your resource listing style.

What's up with the walls?

How do you turn social fights off? Three of my 6 tribesmen died in random fist fights and apparently there's no way to interrupt two of the retards beating eachother to death, so I'd rather turn it off. The two tribesmen who hate eachother are still alive, so I don't even think mood and relationships play a role in triggering these fucking fisticuffs.

Are you talking about the 1x 1.25x thing? I'm stuck at 1x using 1360x768 resolution.

That is a bit strange I've never had anyone die from a social fight they just need to recover in a medical bed for a few hours.

Could you be more specific? It's the back of my base and guarding one of 2 ways into my treasure horde so it's an attempt at somewhat useful killbox.
I'm getting close to 600 days in this base (and getting bored I guess with it) , I never see anyone post huge bases would like to see some. I need a new scenario soon.

Yes, those maggot looking things are babies.

bottom right one of the little buttons with ticks allow the resources to be in dropdowns

It was really weird I guess.
All three fights happened within five days, too. Two of them died instantly during fights and a 'Colonist beaten to death' message came up both times. The third fight resulted in the most battered person to die before he reached the hospital, but unlike the other two this guy was over 80.
Oh en before all this happened, a visitor beat another visitor to death as well.
Is there a value in some of the files I can change to make social fights not happen?
(Different ID because different computer btw)

I don't think so. You just got very unlucky with your roll of tribals

you might be able to disable them in the scenario editor but that'd require a new colony

I found a value in the interactiondefs under Interactions_social.xml.
It seems to be a multiplier though, so wish me luck during the next couple weeks of testing.

just minimize the number of psychopaths, blood lusters and abrasive people and you will not have a problem.

Okay when foss linux remake of this?

Who cares nigga?

The chance of social fights is given in Interactions_Social.xml in Mods\Core\Defs\InteractionDefs\
Just open in a text editor and set the values as you want.

wew. spent like an hour getting the configuration for this fight just right. Nick healed up really fast. Priscilla is coming around for recruitment. Oafgirl and bear are okay. Luddite buried the corpses.

Speaking of babies, I just released v0.1j of the Children & Pregnancy mod which should have fixed the remaining bugs of the current features implemented. Probably the most stable version so far.

you reloaded your save didn't you

That's the thing, none of my colonists had those traits. There weren't even any lazy vs hard worker penalties. All except two of them are friends with eachother and those two are the ones along with the nudist night owl are the ones who survived the social fight onslaught.

But with the next couple colonies I will have tuned down that multiplier and see what happens. Never happened before but I don't like losing colonies to unavoidable RNG. If I could minimize it, fine, that's fair but it seems to be a purely RNG value. A father could beat his own daughter to death despite having 100 relationship with her, purely because the engine decided to have the daughter start a social fight.

weaponless children spawned in raids should have suicide vests or will explode on their first attack to make them fun to fight against.

Heh. The equipment generator doesn't even consider the age of the raiders- I could change it so it does, but the more base game code I modify the greater potential for mod incompatibilities. I've seen kids generated with incendiary launchers and LMGs, so it's just luck of the draw the one you saw was unarmed.

first time seeing an animal run out of the map

Is… Is that colonist feeding a dead dog to a boomalope?

3rd image is chocolate to a Boomalope
4th image is labrador corpse to a warg

That's a big squirrel.

Has anyone managed to get the Rimworld: Medieval Edition mod to fucking play ball?
I'm trying to get a Medieval cult going, but the Medieval Edition mod just seems to grind everything to a halt. I've got a fully stable mod list that includes the Medieval times mod, but I could really use the additional stuff from RW:ME as well as the removal of mechanoids.
At the moment, I'm trying to work out the load order with just the most minimal amount of mods and even that seems fucked.

squirrels and hares are deadly enemies early game.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning using that mod on the last thread. Also, it is likely some mods conflict as in other games, you should disable all other mods to see if it works alone.

Haven't checked yet, but does that mod incorporate Birds and Bees mod (reproductive organs)?

Must have been a breed of woodchuck.

Not as far as I programmed it, but someone on the forum said they actually functioned together. That said I would not recommend doing it for normal play because it could cause hidden errors- both mods affect the same code so I strongly suspect one is overwriting the other's changes (whichever is loaded last).

Get on my level.

So now that Rimjobworld has been removed from nexus, will it still be worked on?

The UI of DF isn't even bad, outside of jobs and military. Everything else tells you exactly what it does, exactly what to push.
It's actually pretty fucking fast with relatively little learning time needed.

Assumedly. You'll probably have to check halfchan's /rwg/ if you want to download it, though.

Here's your (you)

malaria fucked my shit up sempais
what mods are worth downloading

Sweet wormwood mod

I am not even fucking around. That is the only reason that could be reasonably given to criticize Dwarf Fortress and it can be easily fixed with third part applications. You do not have to enjoy Dwarf Fortress but at least admit that the reason you do not enjoy Dwarf Fortress is that it is too sophisticated for you.

I play both friendo

fuck off retard

Before you went to school today you forgot to put on your handicap hat and leg braces again didn't you?

he's right you know

You mean like half the shit you need to do in the game? Yeah. This water glass isn't even bad; only the left side of it has holes.

Will you add it in? Seems like they were meant to work together

Yeah, but they're small holes, and one of them has been patched by someone's tape.

Yeah, no, fuckoff. If I don't know 100% of the UI after an hour of playing, it's shit. Fuck, there's this thing called intuitivity that had been a standard in IT for decades now, but which seems to miss in Toady's vocabulary. If your program requires the user to spend hours and hours just to familiarise himself with the control scheme, then it's a shit fucking design.

who much content doe this game have? Is it worth pirating and learning how to play right now?

Do you have a 2 digits IQ? It is a pretty ez game.

It is easy to learn how to play (there is a 5 minute tutorial mission) but there are a lot of details that require a long time to 'play well' and I think that makes it a candidate for being a good game just for that.

wut do

How do you not know DF's UI after an hour of playing? It literally tells you exactly what everything does.
If you actually spend hours to learn the control scheme, I think the issue is with your clinical retardation, not the game.

I think sitting in a thread (about another game) pushing a game nobody wants to play is a more exact definition.

Eh. I only brought it up because someone else did. People whining about the UI annoy me, since, for me at least, DF's UI was easy as hell. It also functions a ton faster than Rimworld's, thanks to clearly labeled shortcuts.

I will give you this, though, DF in recent years is fucking boring, and Rimworld is decent if a bit asstarded about some of the shit colonists get mad about. You'd swear they're california college students or some shit.

Got a reupload?

Either start farming animals or sell her to the next slavers to walk by.

she was addicted to alchohol, my tribal colonly was in it's first spring so i had basically thrown her into a pit. her mood was like -100 and recruitment chance was at 99%.. so.. i gave her 2 peg legs and sent her on her way., (good doctor experience for my dr.)

OK, I'll admit it. I've no fucking idea how to deal with ((current version)) HK pack and I can't bring myself to spend five days on blobing a personal mod.

For start how'd you deal with the ammo bullshit?

"Rough" difficulty is true to it's name I guess

You can try digging into a mountain or hill until they decide to assault. It might work out

nigger you could absolutely butcher them if you had a handful of melee weapons and brought them into a killbox.

It's like a 300MB game so there's no excuse for not pirating to try out first. Tutorial is pretty sound but it doesn't tell you about a couple of things that are necessary. Make sure you play with Cass on rough for your first game after you've done the tutorial.

i deal with ranged attackers, especially with tribal start, by luring them into close combat, then just start gangbanging them with as many people i have on hand

luckily this time i got smithing down, made some shit weapons (13master craftsman had alcohol withdrawal all year), they came through a tunnel, and the raiders had a molotov guy who made his team walk through fire, catch fire, while my guys hacked them to death

i've been recruiting everyone i can.
pretty sure i've had some with 99% recruitment difficulty and alcohol addiction
Come to think of it, that one went mental and killed my first prisoner, now in a coffin with his arrest scrawled on it.
that reminds me, installing a sculpture depicting a prisoner's arrest in the prison while that same prisoner's still imprisoned… doesn't affect recruitment chance, does it?

so is the game finished yet? I played it last summer and thought it was too good to play it in unfinished state

I do. Wew.

I'll upload it somewhere later, just enable it after you use prepare carefully because I /think/ it fucks it. The mod lets you designate prisoners as rape slaves and adds dicks and stuff. Its ok.

it is not released as finished yet.
what?
the game is quite fucking good right now to play as is, like early development Terraria or something it is just getting more candy each update.

Classic Cassandra on rough for a first game? Nigger you must be joking. Toxic Fallout in the first year and he's gonna be fucked, you can't expect someone to have a hydroponic setup in their first game year.

Basically I moved the beds into the mountain, waited .. and waited.. hoping they would finish the mortars, but they all just fell asleep after 20? shots.. I ran into the center of the camp, close range to the snipers to make sure they couldnt hit shit and killed the LMG and shotgun dudes. Only regret is one sniper got away.

Yeah, it's one of the things I'll eventually get around to adding.

How do I get my people to stop sleeping through being burned alive by fire?

i don't usually have this problem, but umm, you could always draft them.

That doesn't really help put out the fire though.

I'll tell them to prioritize putting out fire. They'll go putout the one flame then go right back to bed then finally they'll burn to death in their beds. Everyone else will suffer from burns and then infections and wont' get bed rest so they can be treated and die a day later.

This is the second time this is happened.

you need to set [Work] -> [Firefight] = 1 so they put all the fires before they sleep, some guys might not put out fires, but most will.

The game will wreck your colony sooner or later, the difficulty basically decides how quickly it happens.

I'm not so sure, I think my moderate difficulty colony with 11 years was invincible. Although I had to reload from the start of the siege with a second strategy I ended up destroying them with hide, wait and ambush approach.

I was talking about two different colonies just now but that was likely super confusing to anyone reading it. My last map was an 11 year old (rich explorer) colony on moderate. My new map is now a 1 year old tribal colony. The challenge level is quite different for both aspects.

wew
Roof and a sun lamp solves it. You don't even need to fully wall it in, just the roof will do. The best way to learn is trial by fire but not so bad he has no chance. Rough isn't even that hard but it's hard enough to stop him from falling into bad habits like not preparing for war.

nice, never really thought of roofing over a field.

just learnt what chemical interest means
luckily i had a guy near the flake with hauling to play keep away
gonna put everything behind a wall now
can't have my alcoholic relapse at 90% and do it all over again

check this shit out. i rolled a guy who is 97 years old and looks to be dying.

Ah! Yes that would do it.
Thanks, I can play the game again.

This game is pretty damn fun. Is there any way other than the dev menu to get rid of “high overhanging rock” ceilings? Because I can mine a square (THAT IS STANDING ON ITS OWN WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AROUND IT) 200 fucking times in a row but it just keeps falling down with more rock.

And reported.

any mountain "thick roofs" must be supported like any other building. anything more than six tiles away and it will cave in. so you could build a 11x11 square wall (or whatever) around it and it would be fine to clear out. you can also build 11 x 10,000 because it's still within six squares of a support.

There is a mod where you can make a machine that mines out the mountain tile above it. Not sure if it's on the Ludeon forums, or compatible with A16, but I did see it on Steam Workshop.

Does anybody know how I can edit scenarios to stop certain events happening? I've given up attempting to get a stable mod load with Medieval Edition and just need some way to limit mechanoids slicing my arse up. For some reason the scenario packs I downloaded cannot be used for whatever reason.

not being a jerk but what's the trouble with mechanoids specifically? or read this thread about it, that i literally just happen to have open in my browser.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30589.0

I want Phoebe posters to leave.

Can Hildegard posters stay?
I want to cum in her space viking ass.

What is the furthest you have ever gotten with Cassandra and with what difficulty level?

Is that some mod?

2-3 years probably. I usually get bored when the bases are operating too well, the most fun part is the beginning, building and carving the random environment into a productive fortress.

what difficulty

Rimsenal storyteller pack

Different ones, usually Randy or Cass on rough or the one above it.

how many mods

What's with the interview? Anyway I only use a couple, one for extra floor types and one for fuses to mitigate zzzztttts. Oh and combat realism.

I've spent some time producing a mod-list for myself to start a medieval cult. Initially I tried to get Rimworld: Medieval Edition to run with the list, but it's just straight up refusing to play ball.
I wouldn't mind eventually fighting them and gun toting colonists. But I would like some control on the curve as I build myself up from the neolithic tech level. I've been enjoying the tribal starting scenario but the game is essentially over when any mechanoid event occurs. I felt like having the lovecraftian horrors instead would be an ideal compromise to watching the only colonist with any ranged skill having his nuts blown off 2 times outside of his range distance.

I feel you, all my tribal / rough starts end up in utter disaster.

oh, nothing..

A big help for a tribal start is to make sure you have a shaman or whatever so you can get on doing research and get some proper tools and buildings going. Doubly so if you're using that Medieval Times mod so you can start pumping out weapons and armor. For tribes, I always start with building several wood houses in a semi-circle, then placing a farm nearby. Meanwhile I build a tribe hall in the middle of the houses for the dining and connect a kitchen to it, or for now just an area with some campfires to make pemmican nonstop.

Preset health conditions are bullshit

This is not Chillax.

i should've known better than try to grow crops by campfire light, but my hundreds of corn are depleted and i thought 50% lit means 50% lit
the colony lives up to it's random name now: flowerville.

you can have starting characters downed in their profiles?

i've been playing so far without re-rolls or looking at the characters until it's too late

When I first started I didn't pay TOO much attention to rolling, but after a pyromaniac bitch and two abrasive fucks ruined 2 different games I got a bit more selective. It's the worst thing about a Tribal game trying to roll 5 non-functionally useless pawns. But, after maybe 3 hours spent on the roll screen I've only seen that one single pawn downed.

Ok, I admit it, I fucking hate Cassandra.
same shit every time.

and yes, i get those guys out of bed to fight off the raid, but they end up dying from the plague or whatever instead, either way everyone is dead.

also toxic fallout after 22 days. fuck you cass!

New thread when?

When you make one.

New Thread