Future FO

Probably the best thing that could come from FO4 is the ability to turn the story on its head in future installments. I loved bullyciding scientists and SJWs in Boston as part of the BoS but the best storyline of the new FOs had two elements that the others have lacked:

- The BoS was not a "joinable" faction in the traditional sense.
- The Enclave got a nuanced look.

I think the next FO needs to advance the timeline where the BoS has gone full nuts across the US and the only foil is the Enclave. I don't want the Enclave to morph into Diversity uber Alles (to oppose the BoS as some sort of shitty Alt Right stand in). If I was writing the story, I would contrast the blood neo-feudalism of the BoS with the militaristic nationalism of the Enclave.

Oh and no more bs factions like the Minutemen or the Railway that exist only for the writers to virtue signal. "YEAH EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO MAKE HARD CHOICES TO SURVIVE WHILE OUR ONLY FLAW IS BEING TOO NICE AND OUR GRUNT TROOPS CAN KILL 10 BOS KNIGHTS CAUSE PLOT ARMOR.

ALSO HERE IS OUR CHIEF INVENTOR, A BLACK JEWISH TRANSGENDER."

No. They need to be nuked and sent back underground. Leave the rest of the US alone. Give the Enclave proper time and make them into the force they should be again. The BoS dicksucking Bethesda does has gotten extremely tiring.

I agree with you about the BoS dicksucking, which is why I want them as the assholes.

That's not very hard, they are an isolationist group that hoards technology and view most wastelanders with contempt.

Thats what they are, or how they should be. Not the way Bethesda decided to write them as pretty much the saviors of the wastes. They should be the hermits dicking about with stealing tech, not flying around in a fucking airship. I cant say im even excited for the next Fallout after the atrocity that was 4

Pretty much this. That alone is reason to regard them as a bunch of incompetent retards. They've got no sense. No end game. No progression.

Enclave is the only good faction. Muties leave

There is no need for any fallout game to reference any other, they can all be set in different locations with different factions. It doesn't follow a single character so should take advantage of that to remain creative, recycling the same factions all the time is just lazy.
>implying Bethesda has original ideas

OK

the next Fallout will be about America nuking the world to get rid of immigrants and then you wake up from cryosleep, because a relation to the old world must be present at all times fuck you, to a region ravaged by a war over who's allowed in some walled off settlement with some semblance of civilization.

NV is the only one with a story that actually matters, in post post-apocalyptic America the Hoover Dam is going to be an extremely important piece of infrastructure and effect a whole lot more than a small settlement.

New game, new villain, remnants of old villain in a new light. Its tradition.
Remnants of the Masters army are pretty chill about it, managed to integrate into the larger wasteland society pretty well. Marcus specifically is the party member who gives their point of view. New villain is the Enclave.
Remnants of the Enclave have had a harder time adjusted due to being hunted down, but several are living peaceful lives as settlers in the New Vegas region. Arcade Gannon serves as the party member who gives their point of view. New villain is the Legion.

lel

Old test was a test of cultural awareness, new test is rigged to fall on a normal curve. No fucking way human intelligence falls of a normal curve.

That was a huge missed opportunity, and a major plot-hole. The whole reason why the BoS was in Boston to begin with was to "secure" advanced tech by rooting out the people who were creating it and burning the nest. Yet, the moment they arrive in town, they start attacking petty fucking raiders and super-mutants for… what reason? How many fucking resources were lost to an EXPEDITIONARY force because Bethesda tried to write them like a post-apoc GI Joe cartoon. It would be one thing if they were securing tech while they were doing it… I mean, there's a goddamned glut of power armor and laser/plasma weapons just scattered all about the Commonwealth, and yet the BoS doesn't seem to be the least bit concerned with securing these resources either for themselves, or to get them the fuck out of the hands of hostile natives. And we see exactly how well that (lack of) strategy worked out of them if you sided with any other faction.

The first time you meet the BoS, they should have left you more or less alone - especially if you help them. They were a small recon team in Cambridge - hardly enough force to harass the locals for their tech. But the moment their airship came into the skies over Boston - they should have disabled most (if not all) power armor and advanced weapons in the game, and had random patrols harassing the player to hand over their own suits of power armor/energy weapons. You'd only get them back if you could defend yourself from their raids, or if you joined them. I mean, they give you a set of power armor when you join.. and it's like, well whatever. Just another one for the fucking pile. It should have been more meaningful than that, and they could have accomplished that by taking away other avenues of obtaining power armor (after a brief time of allowing you to play around in it at the start of the game).

Hate to break it to you, but the Enclave was pretty much wiped out, and what's left is elderly now. The Enclave is gone.

Not unless Bethesda decides to bring them back again.
Fucking cold hard truth man.

I'd like to play a fallout game set before the post apocolypse. Get a huge chunk of all the conspiracy, pre-war tension, company inventions, vault-tec/pre-enclave stuff.

I'd love for it to focus on the rpg elements too rather than just shoot-em-up. I think you could still please the fps audience with some pre-fallout action too. Fighting corporate regimes or gangs, the possibilities for the pre-fallout world would be endless. Some Deus Ex level shit.

But user thats part of Fallout 4…

As long as the gunplay is improved further, I'll be okay. Looks like they're heading to the right direction with the less probability based gunplay.

Have a fuck(you).

I mean like the entire game or most of it.

I'd like a STALKER game in a single open world map as big as a nu-Fallout games.

I don't want anymore Fallout though, it tires me now.

FO4's pre-war section was nothing like what the pre-war world was described as being up until FO4.

Chicago should have a section. We've not seen all of America, or even all the major cities

There's not much in Chicago aside from a small outpost - if that's even still around. The Midwestern Brotherhood would have eliminated or incorporated them long ago. EDE was sent to Chicago for repairs and refueling, but he ended up getting his maintenance from some random family who found him.

If I were to try to make sense of the plotholes - I'd say that the Enclave raided the Midwestern Brotherhood for supplies and power armor to refit on their way to the East Coast (which is why FO3 Enclave armor looks like Midwestern Brotherhood armor), and that they left a small contingent outpost behind for whatever reason who were then wiped out shortly afterwards by a Midwestern Brotherhood counter attack.

DIPPEST LORRE

Seeing how bland and empty CoP is, I don't think STALKER devs are able to pull it off. Fallout with STALKER gunplay however is always welcome.

No. Screw that, if you're going to keep Bethesdas BOS around you need to give them something reasonable to fight rather than fucking the lore because "muh US Gov!".

Instead do NCR vs Bethesda BoS. The NCR is expanding into [SETTING] and along the way encountered [DILEMMA] which they solved [IN A WAY THAT FUCKS OVER NON-NCR BUT BENEFITS PEOPLE IN THE NCR]. Bethesda BoS get butthurt and try to white-knight. Player gets to pick a side in the game between the NCR (who want the best for their renewed state but are dicks to anyone not in the NCR because they prioritise spending their limited resources on their own people) and Beth BoS (who want to help EVERYONE but aren't interested in long term plans and instead rush from crisis to crisis shooting people for being bad guys and leaving everyone else behind to try to work out what to do now the guys with guns have left but you still don't have enough food or security against raiders).

Basically rather than just saying "oh the BoS are evil now because we haven't fought them yet." You show how the Bethesda version of the BoS would work given what we've seen in Fallout 3 and 4 if you stuck them in the long term (so they don't hold territory or spend much time doing dull construction work like other factions but instead just throw their full military force at the local designated bad guys). You then contrast that with a faction going about things backwards and set things up so player characters have to decide if they prefer trying to help out the dicks who in the long run will probably make things better or the obvious good guys who in the long run are going to abandon the place the moment some raider warlord on the other side of the country gets big enough (or pick a third fuck it all option).

It would be best if the series just stopped, because nothing Bethesda does with it will be any good. Even if they let Obsidian make another spinoff, that probably wouldn't be any good either, since the company is a shell of its former self.
Bethesda Game Studios still know how to do Elder Scrolls games, even if they're slowly casualizing them. Let them stick to that. Now that Zenimax has acquired publishers and diversified, BGS no longer needs to have more than one series.
Although if the next Elder Scrolls game is somehow more casual than Skyrim, I'm done with BGS altogether.

*now that Zenimax has acquired other developers

It would be really cool to see how former Legionnaires integrate into a new society after the Legion collapses.

That doesn't make sense. That would be like a Deus Ex game that wasn't cyberpunk, or a Doom game that took place before the invention of gunpowder. The post-apocalyptic setting is, in both theme and narrative, the point of Fallout.

In my head, ED-E is a cute girl's personality inside a cold, unfeeling, sexy metal shell, and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Instead of sitting on your ass and expecting bethesda to stop giving shit games to mouthbreathers, why don't you offer some competition that releases games that are slightly less shit?

Rather than pre apocalypse, make it early apocalypse where everything around you is slowly falling apart.

As shit bethesda is, they make something that no one else would.

Please tell me that pic is just a joke.

For you
What happened to you user?
Do you look like carl the cuck now?

Of course it is. Your face shape is decided by genes, retard.

IQ was never a measure of intelligence, it was a measure of learning ability as a ratio to the average (a child at the age of 10 with a measured IQ of 80 was only at the level of an 8-year-old; one with an IQ is at the level of a 12-year-old, for example). By its very nature, it would have a normal curve because it's based UPON what is measured as normal.

let me give you a quick rundown

The Enclave were wiped out at Navarro. Their power structure was broken apart, their base of operations was nuked, and any stragglers - including a number of those who willingly went into exile and tried to assimilate into society beyond - were hunted down over the decades that followed. The Brotherhood of Steel faced a somewhat similar fate, too. Neither of these are active factions in the Fallout universe anymore.

You guys haven't got any more clue than the idiots developing it.

What fallout should have done when it went 3D sandbox survival is ditch the fucking story completely. Start the player alone not knowing what the fuck is going on, and let them run into and find the story or stories in the world as they explore. The player character is nobody, the game shouldn't tell you anything about who you are, the only thing you'd have set in stone about your character is the location you start in. Everything else is imagined by the player.

If you want to streamline the skill system, combine skills with SPECIAL stats, not skills with perks. Then make it so that the lower your skill started at, the more points you have to spend to increase it later.

Quests should not exist as we know them. They'd technically be there, but you wouldn't ever "get a quest". If you talk to people, you may hear of a problem or something that needs to be doing and can ask more details about it, but it's up to you to pay attention about where it is and to go see yourself if there's anything you can do, if you want to do so. I honestly don't feel free to NOT do a quest when a big "QUEST STARTED HELP THESE POOR PEOPLE" appears on the screen and then that fucking quest clutters the quest list until the end of times unless I go and finish it (and all the other shitty quests that one leads into). It doesn't feel like my choice to do it.

Utilizing 3D could be a very interesting opportunity for something new. For instance one thing I've been thinking of is the ability to press buttons and pull levers in the world with your mouse. Then create some kind of mechanism where you need to press buttons and pull levers and balance some gauges or something in order to activate it. You could tinker with the machine literally at any time, but the actual instructions to correctly activate/operate it are hidden elsewhere in the world. It's like one of those "locks" in Zelda games where you need a special item to bypass an obstacle, but instead of an item, you need knowledge in your own head. You could use this idea even for repairing and operating power armor, there could be a special way to open the power suit in the first place, and if you don't know how to open the particular suit you found, you won't be able to pilot it. You could try and maybe open it by accident, or use a skill check to force it open. Just imagine how immersive and satisfying it would be to learn how to operate a device like that, instead of just "press A to use" or receiving a key every time. You could also have some kind of rpg mode where you must find the knowledge before you can operate the device, even if you already know it yourself.

Same could work for secrets. You could put a secret lair behind a bookcase right in front of the player's face, but unless the player knows it's there, they won't know to pull a book to open it. And don't show a "PRESS A TO PULL BOOK" when the player looks at the book, let alone the entire bookcase. Instead somewhere in the same building or the world, you tell exactly which book to pull in which bookshelf. And when you learn that, you don't get a map marker pointing at it, you'll just have to go and try it yourself.

Thank you.

BoS has a significant presence in FO4

This guy gets it. Plus, Eddy is a stupid name. Eee-dee-eee, meanwhile, is a qt name.

HWNDU did this. Everyone posting in this thread should go to the dedicated Fallout board instead
>>>/cuckchan/

No. Fuck and you.

Prequels suck they always suck and are the laziest form of writing, why should I give a shit that happened BEFORE the major catalyst in the storyline took place?

Star Wars Episodes 1-3, The Thing prequel, Harry Potter Incredible Creatures and others prove this

The only way to make such a game work would mean having you have a story that takes place which has no impact to a future one, IE the ending of a Fallout prequel would have no bombs drop, it would just lead up to the events leading to the war with China

And then what? you just walk around pristine city streets in america day after day? You know like at the start of Fallout 4?

This user has it right, you can only have stories that take place after the bombs dropped, not before

The only possibilities left for Bethesda's 'talent' is another shitty vault dweller has to save his people from more supermutants and enclave both still roaming after years of being wiped out
Or ncr fighitng with china
Either way those are stupid ideas that will be developed the worst possible way by bethesda

Another option that occurs to me, they might just say
Would they use obsidian's writting to get better sales? Or are they too prideful for that?

FOwhat?

They could just write something new. Make a spinoff game/series that isn't related to the mainline games, but can still be considered a "Fallout game".

Same concept; nuclear war destroyed everything. Some hidden bunkers exist where people took shelter in and some other things happened. Military exoskeleton suits/armor of some kind exist, along with various things created by radiation mutation. Those are the important themes that I think you can't make a fallout game without, but you don't necessarily need all the factions and history and specific races and monsters that exists in other Fallout games.

Bethesda clearly doesn't give a fuck about the lore, so making a new story would be beneficial to both them and us. They can do whatever they want, and we don't have to feel like they're raping the lore.

Not in terms of cheap cash grabbing.

I'm sure you pretend women are just as intelligent as men and Niggers are on level of Whites.

There, improved your shitty thread you stupid fucker.

Only Bethesda could be so retarded as to build up the BoS into a major faction.

But the Enclave is dead and gone, why can't Bethesda come up with something original for a change instead of constantly recycling the same shit with every game? Oh, wait, I know, because when they try to be original we get FO4 and all the idiocy that goes with it.

Not that I would mind a Fallout game where the Enclave doesn't get shat on, because let's be frank, FO2 handled them no better than FO3, but I simply can't picture Bethesda capable of writing factions in a grey, ambiguous way like NV did with the NCR and Legion, and especially not the Enclave, moreso in the current political climate, since Bethesda lack any sort of vision and act like sheep towards whatever is "hip" and "popular" at the moment.

How progressive of you.

tfw the Normandy is the only fuckable girl in ME

If there's one thing i can give Fallout 4 credit for is that they rolled back the BOS from being Knights in shining armor to a militaristic faction that is so isolated from the population that they view them as some kind of subhumans. And i don't necessarily mean that makes them bad guys.

That's pretty much one of the only things i can agree with in FO4 even though the motivation of the BOS in FO4 is fucking retarded.
There's no way they would willingly destroy the Institute facilities if it can be salvaged..

ayy lmao

I miss zergface :(

Are you autistic, or just a cuck?

Funny, that's the same thing yo momma asked me last nite

Ridu za suredu.

The idea of having every quest be "unmarked" (i.e., not systematically added to a list of quests) isn't a terrible one. But in a game with lots of quests that are hard to keep track of, I think a better solution is to simply give the player the option to permanently refuse quests (while still having a few unmarked quests to reward players who are paying attention).
Also, the ability to do something like repair an item or activate power armor should depend on the skill of the player character, not on a 3D minigame–otherwise people will just breeze past it on the second playthrough, even if they're playing a 1 INT character.

Bethesda bought the Fallout name so they could use it for brand recognition. They're not going to make another post-apocalyptic RPG and not call it "Fallout."
As I said above, they felt they needed to diversify away from just being "that company that does The Elder Scrolls." But now that Zenimax has grown and acquired id, Arkane, and others, acquiring the rights to Fallout was pointless (from a business strategy perspective).

A fat old nigger mammy made fun of you on the way to the store?

You shouldn't call yo momma a fat old nigger, she only likes when I do that.

Underrated post

Hell in the first game they don't let you join unless you go to a highly irradiated place just to find a piece of technology for them. The guy doesn't even tell you this, you have to learn it from the guy laughing that your about to be glowing brighter than a flashlight if you go straight there.

They send you there to die, they never expected you to come back. The BoS are assholes and their isolationist stance cost them dearly by the time you get to FO2, they've pretty much become irrelevant.

Hello reddit.

sounds about right

A remake would only work if a completely different studio was handling it because no matter what happens Bethesda would fuck it up.

That being said I'd rather have a new post-apoc IP made by a new developer than keep rehearsing Fallout over and over again. By the time you get to New Vegas the games are already starting to lose their post-apoc identity and there's not much else you can go from there.

you spoiled my plot twist

The Enclave is equally as selective (if not more so), but the big advantage they have over the Brotherhood is that they continued to advance in technology after the war. By the time of FO2 not only is the brotherhood weaker in terms of influence, technologically they are outmatched compared to the Enclave's vertibird and advanced power armor.

So did the Brotherhood. That scribe you meet in the bunker mentions developing a laser pistol.

No, the advantage the Enclave had is that they were actually prepared to weather out the collapse, and they had the facilities and numbers to subjugate the Wasteland if given the chance.

The Brotherhood was always a tiny group that only managed to stay dominant in FO1 due to their near monopoly of power armor.

They basically have become EA by this point. Eventually they're going to start doing the same shitty practices of buying studios for the sole purpose of shutting them down out of fear of competition. You would have to be a massive idiot to sell your company to Zenimax. This is why Carmack is a fucking moron. After Brian Fargo got fucked over it should've been obvious what they were doing but he agreed to it anyway. Now the fuckers are $500 Million richer because of this stupidity.

Seriously Fuck Carmack.

I expect things are going to get far far far far worse soon. My biggest worry right now is that Zenimax may start acquiring the actual tech required to make games as a way to boot people out of the industry permanently. If they touch even one tech developer this industry is screwed. They're no longer dangerous over IP rape.. We can live with that. But if they seize the means of production, then no one will be making games except them. I'm really fucking worried.

They don't have the aquifers of cash needed to be EA. But I have no doubt that being like EA is Zenimax's ultimate goal.

What, you mean like buying Unreal or something? Barring that, I don't think there's anything drastically exclusionary they could do on the tech front.
I wish there were a way for both Facebook and Zenimax to lose that fucking lawsuit.

I don't give a shit about any future Fallout anymore, when a company proudly embraces the fact that they don't give a shit about canon just to rub it in you know it's time to give up.

The pre-war aesthetics were already borked all the way back in Fallout 3. FO3 overdid the whole 50s thing, Fallout 1 and 2 had more subtle 50s aesthetics here and there while the pre-war world in FO3 was portrayed as looking LITERALLY like the 1950s but more technologically advanced.

The main thing is how close they're getting to Pixologic. If they were to buy out Pixologic high end game dev would come to an end. It'd basically mean having to use shittier inferior products. I hope they don't try it because I like ZBrush, I like the direction they're taking with it. But if Zeni got involved with them it'd go the same way IDTech went- because now no 3rd parties use it because of the cancer that is their new EULA. Keep the damn Jewish trickery out of our tools.

(same user, I'm just on a different computer)

Any company with skill and talent could just make a new sci-fi post apocalyptic setting without being shackled to bethesda's bullshit.

I mean, the genre practically writes itself. shit got blew up, the few, desperate survivors of the end of the world as we know it band together into small, thematically homogeneous communities surviving any way they can, usually involving wearing a lot of leather, football gear, and bondage straps. You, the (chosen questant / loner badass / new recruit) most go out into the wastes in search of (the last hope of your people / what they took from you / the source of the creatures), which is mostly going to involve wandering into town, solving everybody's problems, gunning down the baddies with your BIG IRON and riding into the sunset like a formulaic western, rinse and repeat for every town on the map.

Prey 2 devs know this well

I wish Bethesda had done that instead of appropriating Fallout, I mean it was Bethesda, it would have sold anyway.

>BIG IRON
Embed related.

I hadn't thought about that; I'm not very knowledgeable on gamedev. Are they making overtures to Pixologic?

Fug, forgot the embed.

But the Mexican housewives Bethesda hires for QA testing wouldn't be able to wrap their heads around all of that so none of it's going in the game.

Reminder that the NCR is shit, basically a carbon copy of America mixed with the state of California, at their worst levels of bureaucratic incompetence and retardation.
Seriously, even Caesar's Legion is better than them, and Caesar's Legion is a bunch of savage tribal nogun faggots who hate technology.

Indep for life

Have you ever noticed that every time a fallout 4 thread falls off the catalog, a new one replaces it instantly? And yet each time without fail these shit tier threads get 300+ replies. The only way these threads are going to disappear is if we stop responding to this shit and stop bumping it. If we ever want to improve the quality of this board, it is our obligation to free it from these shill threads.

A shill is a paid promoter, this game is a year old, nobody's shilling it.

This
The game's 20$ on Amazon last I checked. Not worth the price, I'll give you that, but I really don't think it is enough for them to pay for shills.

Regardless of whether or not this particular OP is a shill, the substance of my post remains true. But you fags just latched onto shill and didn't even bother to care about the rest of the post.

So, what's your point then?
You just want Holla Forums to stop talking about video games?

Just hide the thread, brah. It ain't hard.

This thread is not about Fallout 4. It's about speculating about the future of the franchise, and talking about its overall history and narrative. You're retarded.

Why don't you just make a Fallout 1+2 thread and see how it does?

People prefer to post about things they hate over things they like; if you had your way Holla Forums would be dead.

In fact, you're literally doing that just now, posting about something you hate.

No, I just don't want any more fallout 4 threads. As was stated, the game came out over a year ago. There's no reason to talk about this trash anymore. We beat the horse to death already.
I already have 'Fallout 4' filtered, but threads like this pop up and I post my usual pasta.

Sure, I'm retarded.

This board won't die if we stop talking about fallout 4. There are plenty of more recent games to shit on

If people want to talk about it, that's reason enough. Why should we need more reason?
The game's shit, by all means. Lots of folk want to talk about why it was shit, what could be better, what it did right, or, in this case, what it might mean for the future of the series.

Then why not just hide this one and be done with it? Why act like a nigger, just because some folk are talking about something what interests them?

/leftypoo/ please leave

Look, just because I hate the bureaucratic retards who're so massively incompetent they're losing wars to savages, doesn't mean I'm some kind of commie scum.

Anarchism might actually be one of the few systems worse than Communism, if that's even possible, and you can tell from the ending slides that is where your gay as fuck "I don't need no trade routes" independent shithole will head towards. Nobody likes it, even the fag doctor says it wasn't what he hoped for. The only worse ending than yes man is the one Caesars legion ending where Caesar dies and the legate kills and enslaves everybody.

Anarchism and communism aren't mutually exclusive.

M8

How are you going to rob people to 'share the wealth', not to mention prevent them from bartering and otherwise engaging in trade, without some jackbooted thugs? If you have those, you're a government.

Anarchists would tell you that the word doesn't mean "no government," only "no leaders." People who describe themselves as anarchists (unless they're just edgy teenagers) usually describe it as a system of confederal, directly democratic municipal governments, which elect wider governments at regional, national, and world levels.
So yeah, you still have a government, and you still have laws; the difference is that it's directly democratic and that any lower government (and individual, I think) can choose to secede.
Also, robbing people isn't really part of the deal.
t. not an anarchist, but read a lot of anarchist literature.

So, in other words, shit that is in no way shape or form anarchism. Nice.

You're still insisting that the meme definition of anarchism (i.e., "no authority anywhere ever") is what self-described anarchists advocate. It's not.

What you described is a government under a pure democracy system.
I don't know what level of ass-backwards retardation would have to be involved in order to describe such a system as 'anarchistic', but I am not inclined to change established definitions to appease said retards.

Yes. Plus the ability of any person or government to secede. Also, nearly all anarchists are socialists or communists, too.
All those together are anarchism. The point of it is "voluntary government" or "self-government." Even a directly democratic society wouldn't be voluntary if secession were illegal.

That is the definition, whether you like it or not. Remember that, in the modern sense, "anarchism" got its meaning in the 19th century, when terms like "direct democracy" weren't widely used.

Partially correct. The faction of BoS you encounter in New Vegas are a breakaway faction who were led by Father Elijah, who was obsessed with Helios One, thinking it would give them a victory over the NCR.

Terminal entries found in Fallout 4 and from NCR Rangers who have been serving time on the "BoS" front, it is discovered that while still hidden, the Western BoS still exists in some capacity, and has reconnected with Elder Maxson and the Eastern BoS, after he returned to the original mission of collecting old world tech to preserve it.

What's wrong with post-post-apoc? I liked NV for this, its not something that is generally seen around.

If the Mojave chapter of the BoS can barely eke out a living on the NCR's frontier, how could a more westerly chapter hope to exist, when they're in the middle of NCR influence?

Being able to secede doesn't make it not a government, mate.The weirdest part to me is, you yourself keep saying 'government', using it as a component of this so-called 'anarchy'. Surely you understand the issue here.
Nearly all anarchists are also clinically retarded. Doesn't make their retard changing of an established item any less retarded, mate.
No, anarchism is the lack of fucking government, mate. "voluntary government" or "self government" is a form of government. I don't understand why I have to explain this, given that it literally has the fucking word government right there in it. Seriously, what the hell, man. Is this what schools are teaching these days? Brainwashing kids into forgetting what words mean?

That is not the definition. You cannot just decide something is the definition, when it goes against the definition. Remember that "anarchism" is an established term. Use an appropriate term, and do not take something that means the opposite of what you are saying.

The Brotherhoods mission is to preserve Old-World tech. Maxson views the work of the Institute as a perversion of technology, and would ensure Mankind destroys itself all over again.

Given how dangerous Synths could be if you lost control of them, It seems a sensible path to exterminate them and everything used to create them. But I do agree, they could have at least preserved the fucking building itself, and just shut down the Synth tech.

They know the location of every Pre-war military bunker. It's possible that they may simply have built up an underground network instead. Or perhaps in the wake of New Vegas (Depending on which ending Beth have decided is canon), peace was made between the two factions.

So… not anarchy in any way, shape, or form. Closer to a form of representative republic than either democracy or anarchism. Great. They’re fucking retards.

I know. Again, "anarchism" doesn't mean "no government," it means "no leaders." I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat that.
Before the 19th century, the term was used infrequently and generally to mean "chaos." But after a political movement calling itself "anarchism" developed in the 19th century, it took a new meaning, which I described.
Those definitions in your images are accurate to the older, pre-political meaning of the word. But nobody advocating such a definition wold call themselves an "anarchist."

I didn't decide to add another definition to that word, m80, blame European thinkers living 150+ years ago.

Read the thread or stop using your proxy. :^)

I doubt you could grow crops underground. The only way for them to continue existing in the long-term in a settled NCR region would be a negotiated peace–but I don't know how likely that really is.

The BoS survived underground since the Great War, after being led to the bunkers by the first Elder Maxson. For a while they wouldn't have been able to farm anyway, given the toxic wasteland. They didn't have a GECK and should have perished long ago.

I'm sure there's a sensible explanation for how they survived until Fallout 1 (Supplies in the bunkers, etc.), but unfortunately when it comes to Bethesda, shit will never make sense, and they'll fuck it up further with every new game.

Very true. That's why I can't really accept FO3 or FO4 as being canon.

Sage, then.

Quality contribution, and sweet downvote.

Again, no it fucking doesn't. That's what a bunch of dumbshit libtards who wanted to be edgy decided to change their university garbage to, yeah. But the existing definition of such does not fit their retardation, and I am not inclined to change it for such retards.
If these are the people you are now calling "anarchists", fine, but they're a bunch of retards, and I refuse to use their retarded changing of issued definitions. They need to come up with their own shit, if they're going to run around professing one thing that means the complete fucking opposite.
It's flatly dumb.

Which in my opinion is quite fair. But I will add, comments mentioned in New Vegas indicate that the war against the Western BoS are continuing elsewhere. Not sure in what capacity, but it doesn't surprise me, given that they've likely managed to hold the NCR to a stalemate with advanced weaponry, perhaps robots as well.

Nice touch that Obsidian made the NCR/Brotherhood war canon though, given it was one of the original plots of the cancelled Fallout 3, Van Buren.

Sage because it triggers you.

Words can have multiple meanings. Look up the history of words like "libertarian" or "atheist" if you want to see more examples. The cool thing about that is that it makes you wrong regardless of whether or not you think you are.
I have to go for a few hours, but I'll be back later.

I love this idea.

Fallout: Lone Star

Set it in Texas. Have the PC be a vault dweller that is being asked to oversee diplomatic relations between east and west coast. Help reform and join the two, cause war, screw over one side in favor of the other or destabilize both to keep the area 'free'

Also would be fun to see the areas where the legion ruled completely fucked after it fell apart.

Words can have multiple meanings, yes. But they can't mean one thing, then mean the exact fucking opposite.
That's what you're proposing here. You're claiming that "black" also means "white".

But Synths aren't dangerous. Maybe the old Gen 1 & 2 models, or even the beefed up Coursers, but the generic pod-people synths they're pumping out are so closely mimicking humans that they would inevitably share many of the same weaknesses. They're really no different than generic sci-fi versions of sleeper agents, people kidnapped or turned by an enemy and given a deep psychomarine battery (or whatever) to hypnotize them into "switching on" in the presence of a command phrase or trigger and carrying out a predetermined objective.

Again, if they were metal terminator fucks, it might be different - but synths are so close to being human that they're indistinguishable from the real thing, so for any "enhancements" to undetected - you're basically looking at the exact same physiology as normal humans, just perhaps tweaked a bit with a few cybernetic components and genetic augmentation. Hardly world ending tech considering that (at least on the West Coast) even the BoS is handing out advanced cybernetic augmentations to any random "chosen one" tribal who looks like they might be useful. Not to mention you can buy your way to being an unholy augmentation of machine and flesh with a few caps from the Followers.

If the enhancements are significant enough to make synths truly dangerous to take down, then they would need to exceed human physiological capabilities - and this should be easy to detect with a physical exam, provided not everyone on the East Coast was a phenomenal retard. And even then… what real advantage would they have over some asshole waster with a laser rifle and a suit of power armor - which apparently every 2-bit raider gang leader has access to? Why the fuck isn't the BoS concerned with them? They can't even be bothered to secure the loose sets of PA just laying around in the wastes gathering moss, or beating up some greasers to take theirs.

Yet synths, for some reason, are an unholy abomination and must be purged at all costs because plot reasons. I mean, yeah, maybe they should be purged regardless - but for fucks sake, have a little consistency.

Do you know where you are son?

Well, if your argument is against the original choice of term that European thinkers made in the 19th century, all I can say is that time has a way of cementing these things.
Suppose I were to agree with you that "anarchism" is a uniquely unsuitable word for the form of government that these people (self-escribed anarchists) advocate–what would you propose instead?
I'm not trying to trick you or anything, I'm just genuinely curious what term would be better suited, especially since the term's original, literal meaning "an-arch / without-leaders" still seems to apply, even if the original English usage (a state of social chaos without order or government) doesn't.

In the next one you'll play a nigger ghoul, mark my words.

You could have flashbacks to events before the war where you unwittingly shape the future for yourself.

I don't particularly care, over all. Whatever they want to call it is fine. They probably could think of a name what means 'leaderless volunteer government', rather than use a term what means no government.