Late 90's ealry 2000 3d games

Let's have a thread about those, they were the best. Do you know any action-rpgs or action games with a third person perspective? Preferably in fantasy atmosphere.

Post your favorite games, the more obscure the better.

Other urls found in this thread:

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/238132-running-mechwarrior-3-with-dxwnd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone remember this game? It's a Pokemon clone with first person shooter battles where you gather fairies in a fantasy world.

Come on guys, I thought Holla Forums liked some quality old games.

What's the name of this? Any idea if it runs well on Windows 7?

FAKK2 is the shit.

RUNE
Slave Zero
Evil Dead Regeneration
Armed & Dangerous
Bloodrayne (kinda late)
The Suffering

I'm not the fantasy RPG type of guy, but these are really good games. Regeneration is kinda goofy, but still fun.

Zanzarah: The hidden portal, I have no idea but I think I remember trying to run it and after some fiddling I finally managed to. You should try it yourself though. Also is that Shogo? Shogo was fucking great.

Oh wait, it's Slave Zero, I'm fucking retarded.

zanzarah is on steam

Good taste

Thanks.
Honestly it might be because I first played it more recently, but I really didn't like that game. It kept making me just want to play Quake 1 or some better FPS game, or Mechwarrior if I want mech combat. The shooting and movement just felt like shit for some reason.

This shit looks fucking rad, how have I never heard of this before?

I remember it being kind of a disappointment, most likely because I compared it to Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

I couldn't play that game as a child. It was too fucking spooky. I still have the disc in the box.

Anyone here played The I of the Dragon? I kind of liked this game, even if it had it's flaws. Still playing as a fucking dragon is pretty fucking cool.

So we're just posting screenshots of games, or what?

I really have to play Outcast 1.1 again. Such a great game. But the Sequel is really dead now, isn't it? Haven't heard anything about it for a long time.

I didn't play any of this shit. I had a a Dreamcast

Maybe if the remake is successful enough we'll get a sequel.

i played it, but i remember halfway thru game became impossible to play. 5/10

The early 2000s are seriously under-rated if you only consider everything before 2003-2004.

soul reaver, MDK. ur my nigga.
pic: best mech game ever made (and it's not even japanese)

4/10 at best

Alice, MDK and SR are fine though.

Elmo, is that you?

I loved this goddamn sinbad game, it was one of my favourites growing up that and toontown tbh
I especially loved the bits on this island where you could chain together cannon fodder enemies and rack up a bunch of special attack energy
it was fun/10 for ~7yo me

Relatively late 90's. Armored Core blew me the fuck away after mostly playing sprite-based games before that. It was everything I ever wanted in an action game. Hope From Software brings the next game in the series to PC. Seems like people have forgotten about those games since dark souls came out.

Anyone ever play Kiss: Psycho Circus?

2004-2005 is the best era of videogames ever though

I remember being kind of amazed how good Rayman 2 looked when it came out and that it would play on my average ass PC. Still hold up pretty good, man.

FAKK may've been one of my first vidya faps.

Can confirm. That's when X3: Reunion was released.

why most of late nineties TPP games play like absolute ass? you'd think MDK laid a nice foundation for future action games but they threw that away in favor of clunky tomb raider copycats

Are there any other decent 1st person 3D RPGs like Daggerfall?

Man, I wouldn't have minded if graphics still looked like 6th gen, with higher res textures and higher resolution so they can focus on the game itself and not graphics. Aesthetics are what matter.

I do, I can't get the fucking thing to work on my computer.

Mechwarrior 3
Sacrifice
Messiah
Rune

lmoa

You know these games, that you love and hate at the same time? Prime example

I submit, The Hell In Vietnam. Shame that the resolution is stuck and it CTD right after the second mission is finished. Also the Vietnam squad game is pretty enjoyable.

You need a job, user

(works internally)
I already have two and they both suck. And I'm studying for an exam.

Hadn't realized X3 was that old.

Yeah, as long as we weren't still stuck with muddy textures and shitty draw distance I'd be quite alright with that.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater games were pretty great of that era. And the extreme sports games in general before they dried out in quality.

God I love playing that.

Like Extreme Rock Climbing?

THIS fucking game. I know it's from 2004, but just look at it.

BREED. An attempt to make a mix of Rainbow Six and Halo. In it you have full control of a team of up to 12 members in single player.
Players have voice commands as well, and the ability to give out other players and team members ammunition, health packs, repair packs, guns or tools at any needed moment.
Maps were open, normally rather big, and in multiplayer, you could use any air vehicle to go into orbit and ==DROP NUKES== on anyone in Earth.

But it can always be described as Poor man's Halo with Rainbow Six.

Looks pretty cool, thanks, user!

There was this game I remember seeing in a magazine a couple of times and a trailer on some game disc. It was about evolving your technicolor character (red, green, blue or yellow, maybe pink) while navigating an alien world.
It had some sort of split screen function where I guess you could see what the other characters were doing and maybe control them individually…

I can't for the life of me reme- oh no wait, it jsut came to me:
EVOLVA

it's not so bad

Remember playing the demo of that, can't quite recall if I liked it or not.

This game is the shit
And yes, you could control each character individually, give them squad orders, and of course, as the main mechanic and namesake, you could evolve each to suit your needs with the collected genetic samples you'd find from enemies you'd kill.

It's not that it's bad, it's generic and very "middle of the ground" as fuck. But it's still fun. I wonder if lan multiplayer is still an option.

it could have been better if it had some sort of base building or management

CODENAME
OUTBREAK

a.k.a GSC's first game where they got the idea to make the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games.
Very prone to audio bugs. But fun and challenging game overall.

Been so fucking long since ive seen this game and i forgot what the name was. Thank you user.

I knew I recognized the title from somewhere (3,6)

Might & Magic 6-8

(Checked)
I second this. Good game if you want have clever use of game mechanics Like inching yourself forward until your entire party is almost dead, then you go back to the inn

i loved this game. however i didn't have internet, i rmeember it was hard as fuck

I had fond memories of it, only to recently buy a copy on GoG and find it very lacking. The soul mechanism coupled with high-level wizards being virtually indestructible means that it always boils down to a boring tug-of-war between two wizards hugging their respective manaliths guarded by bound creatures and hoping to snap away maybe one or two souls from the 12 corpses that are produced per raid.

Shadowman was interesting just because of the setting. I still remember that one section whose background music was children's laughter mixed with terrified screams and the sound of a power drill being rammed into somebody.

Never played Citizen Kabuto, but the rest of those is solid to awesome.

Anyway, speaking of Late 90's/early 2000 3d games - what about all the RTS titles?

Looks interesting, will check out.

I've recently run into this goofy looking jetpack game called Outwars.
It's… weird.

This nigga knows whats up. I play one of these games (VI-VIII) at least once a year

If people can make fake 8-bit games I'd like to see games with fake 6th gen 3D graphics. It could have a practical use too - imagine if you created an open world game with the graphics on GTA San Andreas level, you could cram so much content and make a map so fuckhuge like never before (without procedural crap).

RUNE

There's something wrong with both Shogo's foot sections and Blood 2 as a whole where the AI seems to track you through walls. It makes for very unsatisfying shooting.

How about the criminally underrated Hardwar?

Cyberpunk freelancing simulator, in which everybody flies around in little VTOLs in underground cities. mine, trade, fight, etc. all from the comfort of an obnoxious orange fog effect.

Mechwarrior 2 is my jam. I actually still need to go back and play ghost bear legacy, which I missed out on back in the day.

If you want to play Mechwarrior 3, though, this guide works like a charm:

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/238132-running-mechwarrior-3-with-dxwnd/

with the right settings in dxwnd, shit actually does work. I've seen one weird bug where on mission 1-3, one of the missile turrets you need to kill is missing, but if you walk all the way around it, it unfucks itself allowing you to complete the mission.

I don't know if it's just me, but I kind of think Mechwarrior 2 with it's simple textures and vector looking HUD looks better graphically than Mechwarrior 3 with it's more detailed but muddy late 90s textures.

Rayman 2 is an amazing fucking game. My nigger.

I liked this RTS game a lot back in the day. It wasn't extremely micromanagement-demanding like Warcraft 3, and the squad-builder feature was pretty neat.

I remember there was a big controversy surrounding this game's release. Apparently the publisher, CDV, released a beta build of the game that the developers had given to them for testing purposes. CDV wanted the game released before the quarter was over, whereas the developers requested more time for polish. The result was that the game reviewed poorly, with bugs commonly sited as the main issue.

I'm not sure if the full story of what happened with Breed ever came to light. Wiki says that the Xplosiv re-release corrected a lot of the bugs. It also claims that CDV themselves assigned developers to clean the game up for a release. Too bad game 'journalists' are more obsessed with regurgitating a PR sheet rather than investigative reporting.

Not quite obscure but still fits this thread.

You might want to take a look at Darkened Skye.

it's really something how bad this engine feels and how awful it looks for its release period.

RIP in piss, old friend. Best times of my FPS life.

Because it's shit in execution. You can die from running down a hill from the fall damage.