M rated JRPGs

Well, do you know any good ones? The only good ones I can think of are parasite eve, Drakengard, and nep.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperdimension_Neptunia_Mk2
esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=31902&Title=Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2&searchkeyword=hyperdimension neptunia mk2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shadow Hearts, SMT, fucking conception II got an M rating somehow that one isn't good though

A is where it's at.

OP called Neptunia good, he's already confirmed he doesn't have high standards.

I don't have high standards tbh.

And why's that?

user, if you wanted a shitposting thread you could've just came out and said so.

This, I don't know what OP was thinking. He should know that you can't say that you like a game that isn't on Holla Forums's approved list.

I have a feeling you're trolling, but I'll feed you anyway.
MegaTen is the best JRPG franchise there is. Go play them all right now. Nothing more need be said.

Who would frost a cake with their oh shit I'm too late

All the SMT stuff, I guess

Dark Souls also got a Mature rating. Surprisingly there aren't all that many JRPGs with the M rating, I guess the reason they settled for the T rating so often, was to have a larger audience and hopefully more sales.

Atelier.

He's asking for opinions from here, what'd you expect?

They're mostly T because that's the average weeb's level of intelligence and taste. Immature, crude.

Well you ARE posting here, what does that make you?

Nep isn't M, you faggot.

While I do not disagree with the level of intelligence and taste of the average weeb(note the average weeb isn't someone who posts on imageboards, but rather someone who posts on sites such as reddit and 9gag), I don't think that M rated games necessarily equal mature and complex stories. There are plenty M rated games that have the rating because of sex, blood and gore, use of drugs but it's story is naive, amateurish and with the depth of a puddle(see Cisquisition), however some games with T ratings such as Xenogears do have a complex and mature story for most of it's part, the exception being Chu-Chu in the case of Xenogears.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperdimension_Neptunia_Mk2
esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=31902&Title=Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2&searchkeyword=hyperdimension neptunia mk2
How does it feel to be so wrong, faggot?

>first and only game
How does it feel to be a stupid nigger?

At least I am not wrong, you double nigger.

Well, looking at Shadow Hearts, it went from having Koudelka and SH1 being M-rated, to Covenant and From the New World only being T-rated, most likely because Nautilus' publisher at for the PS2 games, Aruze, got all asspained that the games weren't selling as well as competitors (likely some sort of "if we pick up these ex-Square devs, we'll get Square tier sales figures" logic), and apparently despite having that triangular "adult" tag in Japan (or whatever their equivalent of a Mature rating warning was), with SH1 the local customerbase apparently bitched that the game was too dark and scary, the monster designs too bizarre, etc for a JRPG (yet apparently SMT gets away with being dark and having cock demons just fine?). So Nautilus toned stuff down for the sequels, but overall, aside from lacking blood and gore, the sequels have content to them that is still NOT kid friendly, and perhaps not even teen friendly either (you really don't want to play through the man festival sidequest in front of others). Either way the series was never going to sell Final Fantasy tier numbers, and that's probably why Aruze shitcanned the series and Nautilus and went back to focusing pretty much solely on pachislot bullshit.

Once you've gotten addicted to JRPGs and you've played all the good ones, you'll play almost anything to feed your addiction. As a JRPGfag myself, I'll play almost any JRPG, but I'm under no delusion that 99% of what I play isn't garbage. I've even been thinking about giving Lunar: Dragon Song a try in the near future.

Neat, I didn't even know this was a thing.

gratz, you almost got me.

This is pretty hot tbh.