ROM hacking thread

I'll start with an underrated one.
romhacking.net/hacks/569/
Binary City is a an actual full-scale hack of battle city, which turns it into more of a puzzle game, adds several new features and even has differently-themed chapters and boss-fights.

Was made by a Russian, which is unsuprising, considering how popular Battle City used to be there.

Other urls found in this thread:

bgb.bircd.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really a ROMhack of sorts but the Wolfenstein 3D port is fucking solid.

Mustards really are pathetic with how casual they are. They actually mod the fucking game to add in cheats. Play some Nioh, you mechanically challenged normalfags.

Either you're retarded and don't know what 'a hack' means in this context or you're baiting.
Either way. fuck off.

Did someone say Battle City?

All I can really add is An Ordinary Sonic Rom Hack. It's standard Sanic but as a score attack, with a neat halloweeny twist. The whole creepypasta stuff might be outdated, but it makes playing the original Sanic a bit more interesting.
Also Battle City is fucking good

pls let's discuss ROM hacks guys

Here's Hedgehog Abuse Simulator, an experimental hack. You play as normal, but can switch to debug mode to place different types of spikes. The idea is that you use them to solve puzzles and advance.

Bumping with the Fully Playable Zero Hack for Megaman X3. As the name says, you can play with Zero through all the game (excluding the introduction stage). It even has new animations and sprites.

Holy shit, this is great
Are there any other great Megaman ROMhacks?

Rockman 4 Minus Infinity

Anyone know which hack carl.ips is? I downloaded so long ago I can't remember, and googling it is no help. I don't even know what rom to apply it to.

I'm guessing that's Pokemon Prism. I remember getting a file called Carl from that. No idea which version to apply it to though.

That makes sense. I think it was a Crystal hack, but I'm not sure. I'm sure it was gen 2, though.

Well, I used it on a USA version of Crystal, but it didn't do anything aside from break the game once you get past Oaks initial dialogue. I also found out I already have a Prism rom, but I don't know if it is the latest one or was some kind of early demo.

Apparently only some emulators are supported. VBA won't work. Try BGB: bgb.bircd.org/

Oh, I got the Prism rom I already had to work. It's just the one I just patched, which I'm not sure if it's actually a Prism patch or I used the right rom.

Anything new on the Super Metroid front?

Besides Hyper Metroid? No idea what's good. I did see someone release a semi-remake of Metroid 1 in the Super Metroid engine, and from what i could tell he tried to make it have feel like it came out of SMAS. I tried it, and it's a piece of shit, especially once you realize you can't even crouch.

But you couldn't crouch in Metroid. That was something Super added.

Pretty sure it was Metroid II, but point being it's still a pain in the ass once you've gotten used to Super's normal engine.

Whoops, forgot. I've only played through II once, though I really liked it.