With joycons on the way I'm wondering

With joycons on the way I'm wondering..
Do you prefer compact or bulkier designs for gaming devices?
How small is too small? How big is too big? Please explain.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Natures-Way-Reishi-Capsules-100-Count/dp/B00024D290
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17219061
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cool mp4 bro haha

Making some rather large leaps to evade innocent questions.

Just being a cheeky cunt.

whats with all these threads about GB micros recently

makes me wanna get mine out but I remember the only GBA game I own is FFTA

I never had a GB micro. My cousin had one but I never used it. I didn't even have an SP so I didn't play GBA games with a nice backlight until the original DS came out.

As much as people bitched about the PSP being too big for pockets (as if the self-concious redditors and tumbrlites here would ever actually play video games, let alone in public), the PSP is as small as I'd ever want a controller to get. The Vita tried to reduce the size of the buttons, and it ended up making it harder to do precise combinations of presses. Even my tiny hands sometimes press more of the buttons than intended. This means the Vita lacked physical real estate that they could have used for bigger, more precise buttons like the PSP's. Everything in OP's pic is completely out of the question to me.

Bulky
Game Gear is too big, GB Micro is too small, anything for chink hands.

This seems like a newer argument for compact devices since in the 90s people wore baggier pants with bigger pockets, but much of the newer generations are in skinny jeans with pockets that can't hold much of anything.

what did he mean by this?

The Atari Lynx was even bigger.

DEATH TO ALL SKINNY JEANS FAGGY MILLENIALS

OP buys joypads to use the joypads, he doesn't care about the games. Millennials wish to enjoy a never ending supply of cheap chinese shit to keep their interests.

Handhelds need to be the smallest they can be without sacrificing too much. The 3DS and N3DS are good examples of this from the current generation. Granted they could have maybe upped the screen size a little bit. As for controllers, bigger and more rigid is better. Bigger means you can put analog triggers and more buttons on them.

Who are you quoting?

Depend on the game. I guess that with phones, the closer the pad is to the original DS gamepad, the better.

It's a mix

I enjoy the game boy micro and the famicom mini's tiny ass controllers (somehow nintendo made a 1" x 3" controller usable and comfortable, fuckers are insane)

but at the same time I think the Duke is one of the best controllers.

That's a lot of projection for such as simple question as "what size of controller do you like?"

Original XBox controller was perfect, SNES is the smallest I can use and even that hurts after awhile.
Pic related was a bitch.

Get a job, kid.

I guess I tend to prefer the NES and PS1/2 controllers. The Gamecube controller fits perfectly in my hands too, so sometimes I use that if the weird button layout suits the controls.
Everything in the OP pic.
I found the original XBox controller pretty comfortable and satisfying to use. Make it about %25 bigger and you'd be pushing it.

epic troll bro

As if Earth has enough resources to attempt such a feat.

I don't get why everyone acts like it was huge, maybe I just have a different perspective because I was 6 foot tall at the time of release.

this is because people like you don't understand how to fucking hold controllers so you grip it rather than hold it.

people who claim xbox controllers are good are idiots who don't know how to fucking hold a controller.

to hold a controller you rest it on your pinkie, ring and middle finger while using your pointer fingers to select triggers and your thumbs to use buttons, it should not be a firm grip like your stroking your cock. it should be loose so that you don't stress your hands when holding it.

You're making an extreme amount of assumptions out of very little information.

The PSP had to be the comfiest hand held system made. Hands down.

Joycons will be too small for me. Xbone is just about the right size, slightly too big/not ergonomic enough. The Wii U Pro controller is pretty much perfect. Pic related is probably my favourite controller ever.

I prefer dualshock to xbox controllers. The 360 controller wasn't terrible, but first gen xbox controllers were way too fucking big. PS4 controllers are literally perfect.

Any smaller than NES controllers is too small. Any bigger than xbox 360 controllers are too big.

I got long fingers so I generally am comfortable with big controllers. The wiimote cramps my hand if I hold it forwards for 2 hours.

I need monster controllers for my magnum hands
xbox/360 or go home

I prefer something big, that fits in the hands nicely. As far as controllers go, I like the shape of the Duke, Xbox S, Steam Controller and Wii U Pro, and don't like ones like the pre-4 Dualshocks and the NES and Master System controllers.
I have a PSP Go, and that's about as small as I can handle. Any more and I wouldn't consider it. 3DS is passable, but it's squareness annoys me. Vita is shit without a plastic grip, but feels nice with it.
Joycons look kinda uncomfy. I'd use one in each hand but the sideways thing doesn't look like it'll work out that well.

no, you rest it on your fingers, you don't grip it.

Nothing wrong with the way I hold it, I'm just old enough to have arthritis in my wrist.
I'm only 33 but breaking it when 19 has fucked me later

>tfw born with absolute shit joints and arthritis at 28 already

Something i really liked about the XBOX Duke controller is how it has two extra buttons (Black/White) that could be used as Z and C on genesis/saturn games or B and A on N64 games while using ABXY as c-buttons, and they also don't get on your way on PlayStation games.
If it had L2 and R2 it would be a perfect emulation controller for me.

Nothing can properly emulate an N64 controller due to the fucking C buttons and to a slight extent, Z.

Reishi Mushrooms Offer Help for Those with Rheumatoid Arthritis

amazon.com/Natures-Way-Reishi-Capsules-100-Count/dp/B00024D290

Yeah but do they actually work? Even for $11 I don't like buying snake oil.

im not telling you to buy those capsules, just pointing out an alternative to just eating the raw mushroom.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17219061

Also mushrooms are not snake oil

I'll take a look at my vitamin shoppe when I get paid. I've tried everything, even glucosamine chondroitin msm, doesn't do shit for me at all, but I guess I'll try these shroom tabs.

let it go, user

This is rape, tbh

as somebody who has gorilla hands, the og xbox controller was perfect. The wii u game pad on the other hand was definitely way too big.

Also that D-Pad was fucking pants on head retarded. Look at it. What the fuck is that, a blob?

Pretty sure they're the controller power and syncing buttons

they are. it's a great controller but i have tiny manlet hands

y tho

That's why it has those ridges around the sides

I prefer smaller controllers. I just got done dicking around with 3 over the past month, and I'd say that the playstation controller is fucking perfect.

I played through Xenoblade X on the giant ass tablet controller (I know I know, I should get a pro controller), then I was playing the Berseria demo on PC with a bone controller. After that I started playing Xillia 2 on PS3 and after a few minutes I caught myself thinking how fucking great it felt to hold the Ps3 controller after spending like a month with that Wii u tablet thing.

The joycons look way too fucking small. Then again, I havent held them so it might be better once I actually get my hands on it.

Gross. Would it be that hard to make the gray part red and the blue part gold or black?

That's one thing i don't like about Xbox and Sega controllers, those easily breakable d-pad discs, i prefer the dualshock ones.

Dualshock d-pads are one of the biggest reasons why it's such a good controller. That and I don't have to move my fingers much to reach any of the buttons, so it helps with my arthritis.

The wii-u gamepad itself was surprisingly ergonomic for how xboxheug it was, but the miniscule steelseries controller in OP's image was also really comfortable to use, despite larger controllers hurting like a bitch after a while.

You got one with the good firmware then. Lovely controllers to use, but fuck if you get one with the wrong firmware you're fucked. It's button mappings are all over the shop and you can't change it.

It's an LED string around the controller.

I love wasting battery life on LEDs. This was the only thing I hated about the dualshock 4.

Even worse. It could be red or yellow though.

Bulkier has never been wrong. Sure there may be such thing as TOO bulky, but I haven't seen it yet.
Back when the gen 8 console wars kicked off, I couldn't stand people complaining about the wii u gamepad looking uncomfortable. It had a fine grip to it. Way nore comfortable than a DS3 or a portable console.

On the other side, I hate tiny and compact controllers. The dual shock remained the worst piece of garbage until it finally got redesigned in gen 8.
No more of this garbage please, it's just a matter of the plastic shell, there shouldn't be any significant cost to not making the controller a tiny pos.

I mean handheld.
It's getting late.

Autism much?

big dicks > small dicks.

end of story.

Do you see dicks in these images?

I'm getting the vibe if you forgot how to breath and someone told you how this would be your response. Though you'd probably mouth it.

I agree it is comfortable.

I also love the wiiu pro controller. Fits into my hands perfectly. The way it's shaped lets it fit into ones hands comfortably. When compared to the switch joycon controller configuration, it looks awkward to hold.

I hate those, It would always bother my thumb after awhile. I used to get third party controllers for the ps1/2 for a better d-pad.

Most probably don't know about the contours on the controller.

Robot dicks maybe?

Actually I do collect unusual controllers, but nothing in OP's picture is compelling to me. Aside from the GB Micro.

I don't mind small controllers, so long as the buttons don't feel tacky.

fuck that shit, someday I want to see games that use a 3d mouse.