LET IT DIE

Finally decided to wake up? i thought you were dead or something. Come on, let's play!

how are your runs going? i've already beat the game absolutely for free but i still take 2 or 3 hours a day to play it. i gotta admit i really enjoy grinding armors up, it feels kinda like monhun armor getting, even though i probably will never use them.

update information + japanese cutie playing the game poorly
youtube.com/watch?v=94jv-XbKHqw

Other urls found in this thread:

letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/791/scheduled-maintenance:-2/10/2017-01:00-–-02:00-(pst)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

felt good man

be honest now, you died to machetes too much didn't you?

I got to floor 26 and it dawned on me that a year from now the game will just have more floors, weapons and armour, maybe some new jackals and shit, and I'd have spent a few hundred hours killing the same bosses/running the same gold chests over and over again.

that's what videogames are about?

you could boil it down even further to

No, games define a ruleset and then put you in new situations to test your abilities, don't start spluttering about RPGs and stories, as this isn't relevant to LiD. When this is padded out by doing the exact same thing over and over to get pointless shit that doesn't matter this is grinding. It's the video game equivalent of stamp collecting and it's mundane boring shit.

Don't even bother. OP turns these threads into his personal blog. Apparently if you have fun with something that means you have to be completely and utterly blind to its flaws.

The game can be fun but the mechanics/progression are completely drowned in the Free-2-Profit mindset. I still think the game could have been great if they made it an actual retail release and didn't go the microtransaction route.

what?

maybe you should learn how to play instead of buying metals.

wew

Just started playing this the other night, the stun-locking is fucking unreal. I like the setting and stuff though.

The game is real fun until you run floors 11-30 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again just so you could maybe make it another two floors past 31, maybe for a slight chance of acquiring a red metal you really need.

you can farm red metals out of the 32-34-36-38 bosses. as for enemies, learn how to armor burn.

also what do you mean run floors 11-30? you do know the goldchests are always in specific floors, and so are the bosses?

Mushrooms are love and life in Let It Die, and they are necessary for progression and survival. The best mushrooms are between those floors, such as slowshrooms, transparungus and stingshrooms. Maybe oakshrooms and fun fungus. The problem with "the power of the mushrooms" is that it always feels like a cover-up for how poor progression and battling is covered in this game. Without mushrooms, fights past floor 21 are extremely tedious, artifically lengthened and not fun. I know you can do expeditions but there is still the chance you don't get the shit you need. And they're only one part of something you need to repeat floors for in order to gain progress. There's materials, blueprints (that when you reach a certain point collected, the ones you don't have have the absolute smallest percentage chance of appearing), and the roaming merchant who is arguably the best way to get the shit you need quicker, but you'll still need to play for several hours to acquire the money needed to buy everything you want, and there's always the chance he doesn't have what you want.
Let It Die evolves time waster games. Let It Die is the "hardcore" time waster. It's almost the kind of game I'd play on mobile, but now that I have a better input of control, they can get away with making it significantly more difficult than it needs to be.
Also, fuck the cleaver saber. It's a legit excuse for anyone to quit playing the game. Don't have a gun on you? too fucking bad. If you have an iron on you, you can take the chance and try to parry it, but sometimes it'll bypass your parry when it feels like it.

tfw I raided Shuhei Yoshida (Or perhaps a very convincing imitator?)

I call this game a rough diamond. I love it, but there's no denying its flaws. The failure on the devs' part to get some of the quests working is shockingly amateurish.
Also, I once had a TDM raid bug out on me and fail me when I 100%-cleared it. Perhaps I was playing too close to maintenance? In any case, it's fucked up. Lost my fighter's gear too, for no reason. Good thing I always pack light. I regret failing to screencap that shit, though.

just keep sending expeditions. you should get shrooms eventually. don't hurry to the end, prepare accordingly, its a trip to enjoy.

i love this weapon, it makes people ragequit and blame the game for pay to win because they're bad. even more than machetes.

learn how to counter it, also, haters can perform the perfect 7 stab combo, while screamers can only do a 2 hit combo.
-cleaver saber r1/l1 (for hater only: execute as they do the first stab)
-Knight lance L2 (regardless of hand)
-motorcycle rage move (only costs 1 bar)
you should always carry a cleaver saber yourself. even a +0 will do if you learn how to r1-counter other cleaver dicks.

looks legit.

for the r1, you can still take damage during it.
the knights lance L2 can fail tracking and stab to the left/right of the attacker.
the motorcycle rage move isn't that strong (also in general a shit weapon).

why is it the fault of the player failing to learn how to perfectly avoid certain death by a cleaver saber when there are other weapons that are practically useless, such as the flame wand? There is a massive balancing issue, stop being such a shill.

before I even install this, what's the most efficient way to play to avoid having to pay?

you need to quickly lock on before, and lock off after for better precision
what are you talking about? the rage move pretty much oneshots anything that doesn't have 20Lbs of Gear & Armor.
you don't use fire weapons to do damage, you use them to burn armor. just look at the damage stat for legit 100% melee weapons and then look at the damage numbers for hybrid melee/bullet + fire weapons.
woah hol' up, you saying that endgame weapons are stronger than beginner weapons? call trump we need him to crash the whole industry right now
because i tell you how to not be bad against cleaver sabers? geez. just take a cleaver saber of your own. its the same strategy you'd use against machetes. If people could manufacture their own Jackal X homing-laser-bullshit guns you'd be complaining about that too.

I think so too. The displayed ranks add up.

I'm only up to Floor 25 so my expertise is limited, but I can tell you I strongly recommend equipping the Wolf decal as soon as possible. It's incredibly useful.

grind your equipment, learn how to play, and believe in the power of the mushroom.

boy i wish expeditions would give you materials too. and not just rats and frogs.

It's not even close to what you're thinking. It's nothing like Spiral Knights.
Paying just lets you avoid dying and dealing with the costs of dying.
Paying doesn't even get you around the grind.
The game is totally playable for free.

I will advise you that trying to establish a defense force for your basr is more costly than just letting people raid you.
But building a defense-force is also fun and I did it anyway from the beginning, and just grinded a bit more.

here's a tip: don't put expensive/rare non-premium decals on your defensive fighters.

if your fighter gets captured, whether you save them or not, you lose all gear and decals on the captured fighter

still no sight of the bowling stomper blueprint

Learn to play - Cheese Gunkanyama after farming guardshrooms.

gunkayama is actually a lot easier if you just use Transparagus and hit its tail over and over with a strong weapon (1000+ attack). takes a while though, but its a safe bet.

what's really hard about gunkayama fight is surviving the pre-battle. first he drops an unarmed hater, then he drops a hater with YOUR weapons, and then he drops a hater with YOUR armor, as soon as the 2nd and 3rd hater die, you have to pick and equip your shit quickly. Even if the haters die by gunkayamas nukes outside the arena, as soon as they die gunkayama stops shooting, and you have like 8 seconds to run to the corpse and pick your shit before the next hater drops and he starts firing again.
but then he fucking drops a COEN with a sumo thong on you. given, its a weaker version of the floor 34 coen, but stronger than the floor 26 coen. you can't push him off the sumo platform, so you gotta smack his shit with the equipment you picked up, which is the equipment you were wearing when you select YES on uncle death before entering. The worst part is that you have to do all of this without mushrooms.
Gunkayamas cannon also isn't an infallible weapon, if you run + jump right before getting hit by the shots, its highly likely you'll dodge them.

once you survive the sumo match, a silver chest appears that contains absolutely all of the equipment and shrooms you gave to uncle death. and then the real gU10nkayama fight starts.

video related, this is how you DON'T fight gunkayama. this person deserves to be ridiculed.

oh yeah, don't forget enough grilled Stingshroom for that 120% attack

BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF THE MUSHROOM before the fight, i ate 3 Grilled Guardshrooms and 2 Grilled Stingshrooms.

you can stack mushrooms?

When you eat multiple mushrooms of the same kind, the duration stacks, but not the effects. So when you eat 3 mushrooms in a row, the effect they apply will last 3 times as long.

Also, mushrooms with effects that would interact cancel the previously applied effect.
In example, if you ate a crushroom and then a stingshroom, the crushroom's effect would be removed, rather than adding to the stingshroom's effect.

looks like some sort of "event" quest is coming
letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/791/scheduled-maintenance:-2/10/2017-01:00-–-02:00-(pst)

timewise only

I just realized that if you're raiding with a poison weapon, and you're running out of time, you can just break the bank while the enemy is puking and leave.

hater AI gives quite a high priority to "puking poison", which is good for the player character, because thats a free hit, or time to run away.

in other news, is anyone playing the event?

guys go to kankamata in the 4th floor during the rest of today, there's gold chests in bunk dropping 5k coins each.