Dawn of war 3

Is anyone still holding onto hope for this ? They are allowing up to 3 hero units, each with different abilities and you will be able to select them before a match starts.
Their abilities are beyond a doubt taken from MOBAS. Just look at this shit. The webms are soundless because they are taken from their official site, they don't have sounds there either.
Not only heroes but units do the same shit too.

dumbass mod stop banning for stupid reasons, you have ironic shitposting in multiple thread starters already

Even basic units like the nobs have abilities such as throwing axes, which you can pick up to refresh your cooldowns. Taken straight out of fucking LoL.

With this model they can sell DLC after DLC with hero packs without batting an eye.

My problem with ALL the Dawn of War games has been the abilities. Every fucking unit has multiple abilities. It becomes way too hard to handle when you have a big army.

It wasn't always this bad. DoW1 had very few abilities on bigger units and basic troops boiled down to grenades.
But I guess the jump troops were annoying.

Nope.

I'm not optimistic but it ends up okay, the abilities will be a pain no doubt but the worst thing has got to be the visual style, I'm not too bothered by the character designs but they made gunfire and explosions so shiny that you can never tell what the hell is going on.

Might pirate just because the other ones were good if anything.

They could do better with simpler designs.
Speaking of that, apparently these are upgraded shootaboys when they shoot.

I don't know how to feel about this.

NO CHAOS NO BUY.

Or pirate, I guess.

This looks like complete shit

You can't have wc3 with ASSFAGGOT abilities. WC3 was somewhat softer on abilities:
It was slower. Abilities gave you time to think. Here it's all about crazy shit. Even the basic trucks throw units out a monitor away.

If not for assfaggots half people wouldn't complain about every unit being spellcaster.
Even complain I heard towards mobas was them being retarded version of RTS.

Problem is everything still seems shitty about it. Especially how unfitting for DoW or Warhammer in general it is.

SC2 was really successor to W3.
But because game lost in both competitive and regular scene nobody really realized it. Really Blizzard had two RTS franchises but they only had one game design for both of them.
Just go play any modification to SC2 that turns it into W3 and see how similarly it plays.

The disappointment I feel about dow3 is the same disappointment I felt with command and conquer 4. Not good.

if i had any hope that a good 40k game could exist in our current timeline, it would definitely be dashed by the knowledge that these fucks are responsible for COH2

No. Everything about this game looks like a downgrade from the previous titles. This game will be garbage.

I'm sick of him.

A game should have unique features to each unit, even if its a passive ability. But really units having abilities has been a standard in RTS for a long time now.

But Units did have abilities even in DOW1. Basic bitch guardsmen had frag grenade, Vespids had destablize buildings. Just about every unit in DOW1 had a ability or passive.

I wasn't disagreeing?

I don't think I've ever felt so dissapointed in my life, and I bought RO2 at launch.

We must stop this.

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No they didn't.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Guard didn't have any abilities but were compensated by minor hero units that could be attached to them like the Commissar.

Space Marine squads were the ones with Grenade ability.

In original DoW1 (i.e. pre-expansion when the game was most balanced) unit abilities were pretty rare,