Quake Champions

How shit is this going to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

esreality.com/post/2822670/re-quake-champions-full-game-leaked/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shitgun haha

It shouldn't be called Quake, it's a hero shooter like Overcucks.

I'd like it if it were made by Blizzard :/

if it allows everyone to take the same character, everyone will pick the same character every time because one will objectively be the best

Very shit.

Yeah because that's what happens in every class based game

Holla Forums do know that Quake Champions will also have a classic Quake mode right? Without the hero bullshit

The game is build to be another hero shooter, it's the main feature.
Doom multiplayer was a Halo 4 reskin and they added a "classic" game mode months after release in hope that it would bring more people but nobody was playing it.

Who knows combat in Fallout 4 was solid enough. It might be playable.

It doesn't happen because usually each class complements each other but they all has best in slots.
Look at how they played TF2 competitively. You had medic, scout or other class to take enemy medic and maybe something for defense, rest were Soldiers. He was simply best in slot.
Now look at Overwatch it still has best in slots for tanks, DPS and medics. It at least has so few characters and counters it is less prevalent, but it still managed to get into meta of 3 tanks, 2 supports and Soldier 76.
Problem is it will be Quake, this games will either suffer a lot from best in slot or not be a Quake.

Well there is still hope.

just like NuDoom, am I right fellow gamer?

NOT TRUE COMMUNISM

esreality.com/post/2822670/re-quake-champions-full-game-leaked/

Was Quake Wars slow?

It wss faster than this

It looks about as fast as Q3A/QL to me, the main difference being you're seeing shitty players play instead of decent ones. QL has always been slow in comparison to CPMA.

It'll still probably be shit but the movement seems similar enough.

There was not a single good Quake game after the first.

having your gun on the side of the screen really borked it for me personally.

(You)

I'm being serious, user.
Look at the third game. The entire game is bot matches, either than or online play.

I'll agree on you on Quake 2.
Not because it's actually a bad game, but because i have technical reasons to hate the game and Holla Forums is too stupid and ludically ignorant to undertand half of them, so pushing your retarded meme helps my agenda.

But fuck off on Quake 3.
Quake 3 was amazing, and at the time Carmack was actively working with the community itself to make it even better each patch.
You can't even push the "all online games are shit" angle because at the time we didn't have the fucking braindead idiots mustards we have here on Holla Forums right now, what you see here on Holla Forums are the kids that played CS all day and everyone hated already even back in the day.
The Q3 community in it's prime was varied, fun to play with, just like the UT99 community and the UT2k3/4 in their prime.
It was a time where online interactions in online focused PC games were awesome and if you didn't like a server you could pick from hundreds of other servers and 8 times out of 10 you'd meet cool, rational people.
Nothing like the disgusting shitshow that is modern mustards on Holla Forums.

Just because online gaming is shit now, doesn't mean it always was.
If you missed out on the prime of these games, then get fucked i guess, you were born too late and thus you're doomed to never have experienced the golden age, tough shit.

I want to believe it's gonna be good. Even if it has classes, they can be like tf2 classes and no assfaggots press key to win right? Did they mention ultimates on any video? I watched them on the reveal but it's been a while

It's basically just the standard quake stuff (so no loadouts, no anything like that) except each character has an extra ability tacked on. I think there's also one or two that has innately less health, but a different movement system (maybe something more CPM-ish? I dunno).

user, I don't think you noticed what he's saying.
He clearly doesn't care about multiplayer, and if you're not into multiplayer then yes, the first Quake was the only good one.

You are too naive, that's almost best case scenario now, what we have now are kids whose first interaction with FPS was a console shooter. Most people who played counter strike on its prime time are 24+ now.

Yes, i am aware that most of the "modern" Holla Forums regular shitposters used to be OG xbox and 360kiddies that "converted" to PC gaming and turned it into a mustard cringefest.
I still remember during the 360-ps2-wii era they were the biggest shitposters on the entire board and they use the same exact attitude and shitpost here, after all these years.

It's the same shit as CS kiddies back in the day.
Different platform and generation, same shitheads, they're timeless in their stupidity.

*PS3.

Whoa, we have a special snowflake here.