Gamedevs retarded solutions to problems in games

Developer incompetence when it comes to balance or fixing things. These problems range from shit that make the game too hard for noobs, the gameplay is cornered too hard around one mechanic, some mechanics are straight up useless, etc.

>Spy counters sniper too hard ? so they give him the razorback

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Celestalon/status/737196586338418688
dota2.com/news/updates/27381/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I meant to put "Problems" in name, because half the time the things they're trying to fix where never broken.

most snipers don't even react when you stab their razor backs anyway. tf2 is a joke game and has been for nearly 10 years.

SPY SAPPING MUH SENTRY
I use to play the shit out of the spy and every time I saw this piece of garbage I would just laugh. It was so easy to play around.

I should have realized earlier I was getting baited

This is why I gave up on MMOs. It's like they're made by communists.

ASSFAGGOTS are filled with these terrible bandaid fixes.

Why the fuck would you be standing near a sentry as sniper though?
Snipers need long lines of sight, while non-wrangled sentries have limited range, so either the sniper's going to have zero time to take aim before coming under fire or the sentry's going to eat rockets from halfway across the map without being able to do anything about it.
Also, the razorback still forces the spy to announce his presence with gunfire, while giving the sniper more of a fighting chance than if he got instagibbed by a backstab, I don't see how it's a non-fix unless you have the situational awareness of a fucking brick.

Its perfect though, smg is useless if you can literally land every single headshot from all ranges

Who the fuck lets these clowns get in charge of anything?

Most snipers, including OP, have exactly that. They don't think outside of what they can see in their scope. The world just evaporates to them. That's why OP genuinely believes that you should stand next to a sentry while sniping, despite that meaning he's in a bad sniping spot or the sentry is in a bad sentry spot, because 'lol the gun will shoot spies for me'. He's a dolt and you shouldn't take his opinions seriously.

And by pyro updated I mean pyro specifically updated in like, every sixes server. Except funnily enough the Valve ones they added in Meat your Match where pyro is really fucking broken if you are halfway confident at it.

Something OP in a MMO is only fun for the person abusing it, not for literally everyone else.

To be fair, Clinkz can melt any towers within 5 seconds and can make quick escape (invis, blink, etc.) Some old Dotafags from the old days still have nightmares about that skeleton. To take backdoor out entirely is even more dumber, so they just make it harder to do so.

SMG counters the spy harder than the razorback does imo. At least you can spray bullets around to uncover a spy if you know there is one cloaked in the area. I've literally never been in a situation where the razorback made a damn, unless it was a huntsman sniper. Those are a different story

I dunno I liked MyM even though it was fucking terrible we were promised a great many optimizations and balances that didn't happen because of how badly it riled up the completely stagnant comp community. Nowadays the only weapons not banned are ones that have glitches, barring one or two odd autistic exceptions like the Fists of Steel being banned because none of them will whip out their melee to quickly take care of the Heavy and deviate away from their prized rocket launcher for two seconds.

It's also banned in competitive for being too good.

No what I'm saying is that literally fucking YEARS ago I pointed out the retarded Two soldiers Two demos Scout medic 6s meta is broken because pyro functions as intended with the air blast having the same delay between puffing as all of those projectile weapons do.
Their response instead of throwing out the literally retarded format of only having six dudes

I still remember Eul's Dota, where certain heroes were picked because they could solo a tower.

ASSFAGGOTS being band-aids on band-aids is true, but how is buildings healing a bad mechanical band-aid?
It doesn't remove backdoor entirely, but it does make it a stratt that requires more specific circumstances. That sounds like as good a band-aid as you're gonna get.

Reasoning doesn't exist assfaggots. I thought those games revolved entirely around exploiting mechanics and all sorts of other illogical shit.

There is this game series called A Valley Without Wind.

The game allows you to explore a map that is split into sectors that act as levels, where you can look for quests/missions and collect resources that you use to make or buy spells. Spell variety is pretty good, and you can recruit other characters with different stats. If one of your character dies, you just continue with someone else until everyone is dead. I dont remember what your main goal was, if you were trying to defeat some evil demon lord or just running away from him on an almost dead world.
Then A Valley Without Wind 2 came out. You see, in the first game you could play with WASD + mouse or with a controller. Of course, playing with a mouse was better because you could AIM your spells in any direction while people using controllers only had 8 directions. The second game tried to 'fix' this 'issue'. In the second game, there is NO mouse support. Only keyboard and controller.
Apparently the fact that people playing a PC game with a MOUSE having an advantage over people using a controller was a problem, so the devs removed the mouse support altogether. This was awful because not only did they make combat difficult by having awkward controls (you cant shoot diagonally anymore, only UP, DOWN, LEFT or RIGHT) but now all enemies and spells are balanced around this. Enemies act in more boring ways and have less complex attack to make up for the fact that now you cant attack from anywhere, and there are many shitty spells that server no purpose othen than being able to fire at specific angles, also to make up for the fact that your controls are crippled.

Its a shame because the sequel improves some of the map elements and the art style but the combat feels so stiff for such a stupid reason.

Holy shit, OP, how dumb are you? A sniper shouldn't be near a sentry, because that means either the sniper is in a bad position for sniping, or the sentry is in a bad position all-together. The spy having a gun doesn't completely nullify the razorback, because it takes multiple hits to kill with the revolver, giving ample warning and time to the sniper and any nearby teammates to deal with him. And a good engineer isn't going to be next to his sentry at all times, because he's going to have other constructions in various places he needs to take care of. Seriously, your posts only make sense if both the sniper and engineer are complete morons, the sniper not paying attention to anything but his scope and characters yelling about spies, and the engineer being a sentry-hugging retard that's not concerned with anything else.

Mario Kart balancing never amaze me.

Ds3?

razorback is fucking retarded. If your a good sniper you wouldn't be zoomed in all the time anyway and you'd be keeping a kean eye on your suroundings.
No good sniper needs such a handicap weapon.

Thanks, BioWare

Hard counter to spy is jarate.

better yet, you can not play at all and never be defeated again

TF2 competitive leagues ban Jarate, so everybody uses the Razorback because the SMG is that useless.

t. Blizzard

So are you mad because you play sniper or spy? If you don't like how it works then just don't use it, retard. That's why other secondary weapons exist. Of course the spy can still shoot you, he could shoot you without the fucking shield and get an instant crit headshot with the Ambassador, or with a saved crit from the Diamondback. A competent spy could shoot a scoped sniper to death before they can react.
Maybe instead of whining you should develop some situational awareness.

literally why?

ayy lmao

i know smite is shit but wew

I played Battlefield 2 a few years ago and it was just shit because everyone would just throw down ammo packs and then spam grenades since the ammo pack restored them. I heard it didn't use to be that way and the developers actually deliberately did this for some reason.

I played TF2 years ago and I remember I would just run right up to snipers and shoot them in the head if they had the shield on their back. I don't think it was even an instakill. They'd just stand there and not react.

Snipers are always fucking shitters in every game.

I've never understood how anyone can trouble with spies. They're such a fucking gimp class it's not even funny.

also

i hate these jews practices

not unless you had the ambassador, which is probably the most commonly used revolver

why is the sniper even in the game? they don't seem to serve any function except to appeal to the CoDfags

That was actually my irk when I first started playing. Every class is built around close to medium-range, and all weapons except the sniper rifle had damage falloff of some sort I have no idea what it is like nowadays with all their silly new weapons. The only way to deal with a sniper was relying on a teammate spy (who has a hundred other things to do) or hope for your team's sniper to snipe him first (which is just making the problem worse).

Turrets have limited range. Rockets move slowly. Every sidearm was a shotgun or pistol with terrible damage at range. Minigun had falloff. Sniper were just… there, and at worst they were doing nothing but doing Sniper vs Sniper shooting at the top of 2fort though 2fort was already the worst map ever at the time

It never fails to make me laugh that Valve came up with this solution and people were just like "fuck you I'll just jump backwards."

I never knew that was how it worked, does that apply to all source games or just half life?

Any attempt at a meta in Pokemon.
It's like GameFreak likes shooting themselves in the dick, they won't change what's broken, only to add more retarded shit on top of it.
Also, 80% of the game "variety" of gameplay is useless, redundant, or outclassed by the same 25 OU pokemons.

Faggots

Taking out medics, you know, the no.1 priority of all classes considered

Most people that uses the Amby sucks big african cocks, that's why i stick to the stock revolver or 'the Amby for plebs' AKA the nu-enforcer

From top of my head I can certainly remember such stupid workaround was abused in Portal speedrun.

The entirety of the tribes ascent patch notes is this.
Actually, the entirety of all patches in hi-rez history is this, paladins are getting the same stupid ass band-aids for bad players that tribes got.

If a spy gets the jump on you (he will if you're a sniper and you're doing your job. You can't spycheck and snipe at the same time. If you think you can, you're part of the problem), he will kill you with the revolver. If he doesn't, he's a fucking retard anyway.

As far as I know just Half Life 2.

You stupid niggers just don't learn do you.

NuDOOM

It happens in Portal as well.

Actually, iirc, bhopping works in hl2 too and it's also dumbed down, you just have to jump forward and you constantly gain speed. I remember losing the car in those long driving sections and bhopping all the way from one point to another just holding w and timing my jumps strafing only when required.

I don't get why they used the chainsaw like that, but then also put in ammo boxes and pickups in some places as well. Half the time I'm walking past loads of ammo pickups on the ground because I just chainsawed someone, the other half I'll go ages without using it because the pickups cover it just fine. I've actually forgotten about the chainsaw sometimes, thinking "I'm almost out, why has there been no ammo around?" only to remember it. They didn't commit to it being like an arena shooter or a sort of "recover by killing" thing either. It's such an awkwardly designed game.

Still not as bad as the whole "lol he punches the screen/objective because who cares about the story, we're 2cool" and then they fucking lock me in a room multiple times to try and make me care about the story. That's only good for giving me time to refill my drink.

Reminder that nuDoom is the GotY for a large portion of the youtube "analysis" reviewers.

It's not exactly a good sign for the weapon balance if I tell myself before readying myself for a Gore Nest encounter that I'll use some weapon I rarely ever use for once like the Plasma Gun, only to remember when all the demons are dead that I completely forgot to use it.

Same thing with the BFG, which is essentially an 'escape' weapon in similar vein to the original Doom, but you only get it rather late in the game so you never get accustomed to constantly using it, and rarely does the situation ever call for using a BFG because you are rarely swarmed from all sides as you can effortlessly move around the arena outside enemy melee attack range anyways.

XCOM
People are overwatch camping.
XCOM2
lol, just add a timer.

I've been playing BF2 Revive, and I've only seen that on one map where the USA is trying to push past a MEC-occupied hotel in some Arab shithole city.

Pyro is an absolutely fucking useless class but the airblast is a fucking bitch to play against, even while I know how to delay my rockets.

The fastest clear times always belond to GS or HBG, though.

Runescape's solution to everything is to sledgehammer it.

Biotics in ME1 were CUHRAZY-tier. That was the one ME game that got right just how powerful space magic is. Then biotics suck shit until ME3 where they're allowed to be just a little awesome again.

Runescape did do one thing right - the writing on the quests was generally very good.

It was also fun synergizing skills at low level as a new player.

2008+ TF2 was a mistake

fucking assfaggots

I sent robin walker an email about it to be sure.

Do you have any resources to back that up? I know HBG and GS are always top tier for time attack/speed run but more often than not they aren't straight cut winners.
To be honest I'd just be interested in seeing some mhps2/freedom records though.

Gamefreak wins this round.
I really hate the fact there can be useless pokemons. Take something like Vespiqueen, it has awesome concept and have 3 attacks only it can learned and are themed around swarm of bees. Problem is she is fucking useless and need to over leveled to even beat a game with her.

Megas as a solution to this problem just made it worse.
A lot of old weak poke got buffs, but you can only make one of them useful in your team and mechanic was so overpowered you couldn't build team without mega.

Game Freak doesn't make a meta
Define broken
Or you're just shit at Pokemon.

Why? Not all Pokemon are equal nor should they be.
And your point? Attack Order is the only good move out of the 3 because it's an attacking move. Vespiquen doesn't have the bulk to use Heal or Defense Order effectively because it's a fucking Bug type. The entire archetype of the Bug typing is that they have usually low HP stats. She also has a base 40 speed, so good luck trying to sweep with her under normal circumstances.
Try actually training her right, you fucking casual.
Except that's false.
And that is also false.
You're a casual shitter.

/r/ing that image of the competitive teams for Pokémon where all the teams are the same except for one or two Pokémon.

That was from VGC 2016, you fucking dumbass. That format is doubles and allowed for multiple legendary Pokemon to be on a team and Mega Rayquaza. There was still plenty of variety, maybe not in Pokemon species, but how each Pokemon was trained and what movesets it used. This is how you spot shitters who look at these charts and blindly go "hurr its a stale meta xd" without looking deeper.

Of the meta is dominated by a few Pokémon the your argument that you can use whatever Pokémon you like is invalid, because why wouldn't the best players use whatever Pokémon they like?

Except it isn't
But they do

So you mean to tell me that all the pro players' favorite Pokémon are the same ones?

you know better than try to reason with that level of poketard.

When allowed in the format, yes. Why wouldn't they use them if they didn't like them?

I mean the game is literally just Brutal Doom fancied up with AAA graphics and sold at 60€.

Look, I think you should know better than to go after bait that rancid user.

hi reddit

Your bitch tears when they took that crutch from you were delicious.

PLAN YOUR LEVELS BETTER

heh, good one

Brutal Doom is miles better, though.

And why do you think they like them

Well look if you will just say stuff is wrong without saying why, I will just call you a faggot and life happy life continuing calling megas bullshit.

I've got 2015 and 2017. Point still stands.
Trying to get a decent Celesteela when you don't play Moon is hell. Even adding two of most legendaries as trade fodder did jack-shit, since you have no way of asking for specific natures.

One of the older tournaments had a Pachirisu did well. No one realized it had bulk, so the crowd went ape for it.
But even in the last world tournament, the champ said "You can't use quirky teams, you've just gotta use what works."

If it comes down to out-predicting to win, I'd rather watch EVO- and I (for some god unknown reason) like playing Pokemon.

What the fuck is that thing on the right?

From one international challenge when the VGC 2017 meta was still new. Celesteela isn't seeing the same amount of use as it shows in your picture anymore and Tapu Fini has been surging in use since mid-January. Nobody really uses Nihilego anymore either. Furthermore, like I said before, species usage doesn't mean shit, I guarantee you every single one of those teams builds each Pokemon differently than the other team. Whether it be EV builds, movesets, items, or any combination of the 3.
That's because VGC 2014 was probably the most perfect format the VGC has had ever.
The format allowed for really varied-by-species teams and tactics.
And sometimes what works is finding that one move or EV set on the right Pokemon that lets it shine against most teams. Not to mention the casual ass chucklefucks forget all the time Pokemon do not battle in a vacuum. Team composition and synergy with typings and moves is extremely important.

OP is some redditor that got BTFO by a sniper with the razorback and thought he could come here and bitch

What would you say the meta will be like now transferring is allowed? Back to 2016 but with more Trick Room setters for the new slow guys? Will weather-wars return with the new weather-setters?

Transferring isn't allowed now either, though, what are you talking about? All Pokemon have to be Alolan born.

I think we'd all have preferred VGC 2015 if 9/10 Uber legendary box-cover pokemon were actually usable instead of dumped in favor of the three pokemon that cheat the mega mechanic (and the occasional Xerneas).

It's really hard to say that a format where Mewtwo and Kyurem-W aren't good enough to compete is balanced..

I just wanted the genies gone. They already had dominated the Gen 5 VGC metas, why did they have to come back again?

Maybe the Prankster change and the amount of lightningrod around will hurt Thundurus enough. We're never getting rid of fucking Landorus, though.

Then just don't use them user :^)

that's because the sniper didn't need a "spy counter". if you weren't retarded you just didn't spend all of your time scoped in and you kept looking around. i killed 90% of the spies that came after me without ever using razorback. it's an item strictly for noobs.

I didn't and I had success against them, but they were still so prevalent that I had to make a very anti-meta team for it to work.

Sounds like a typical day in karkand. It was always like that in bf2

I still remember when that shit happened. Runescape was already kinda losing it's momentum and then they just did that shit.

I always thought this was like the universal "useless item" so I didn't have some obscure shit in the OP no one got.

muh spore + free hazard turn

I guess at least he was smart enough to spot the lmao-0grass meta I guess

fucking dumbass

OH boy the balancing for this entire game is fucking retarded.every few months they nerf the top meta in a way that completely fucks other builds.like blocking awhile back. Someone got block capped by spending a shit load of money on uniques so they nerf blocking altogether fucking over melee even more. they do this every goddamn league sometimes killing builds that hadnt been touched for over a year (they've nerfed discharge like 3 times and killed kenetic blast wanders).

they're approach to nerfing has created a community that only makes their builds around what the current meta is because everything else is either mediocre or flat out worthless since the game content is balanced around the meta. Wanna kill shaper with glacial hammer? aint gonna happen, wanna make a build around statue ailments? quite few bosses are outright immune to them so your fucked.

fuck those kikes over at GGG fix your goddamn balance before you make a console port.

Thanks Blizzard.

Reminder that the guy in charge of modern WoW's class balance plays vidya with a fucking graphics tablet. You couldn't make this shit up.

twitter.com/Celestalon/status/737196586338418688

what

At first I thought things like the nude fakes would have driven girls like Emma Watson and Julianna Rose Mauriello to feminism, but then I realized it’s probably being raped by kikes in exchange for being in the media in the first place.

So I feel better about having the fakes.

Every decision Overkill has made in Payday 2,

Chadd Nervig is one of the most pathetic human beinga I ever saw.

Slurp a chode, Smogon.

Also end-game shit like Shaper is practically designed for meta faggotry, you need a shit-ton of DPS in order to take him down that you can only get either by going the most recent meta or by wasting a huge amount of currency just to make your build work.

All competitive leaders should be legitimately killed.

I'm surprised he didn't delete those negative comments.

How do you know the nerfs aren't BECAUSE of the console port?

His avatar really puts the cherry on top

Remember when some poke autist defended pokemon as a competitive game for adults and labeled it as "the chess of our time"

I'm pretty sure he stopped giving a shit about his game for a long ass time ago.

nice triple dubs

why are ledyba/ledian so garbage
on one hand i really like ledian's design but on the other hand they're terrible
i don't know if i'm using them wrong or if they're just really shit

A bowgun, a horrific crossbow/20mm cannon combination designed to fire specialized sabot ammunition.

Also

I swear MMO devs are the worst

I will never, ever believe that Runescape was in any danger of going under from chargebacks. Not only would a large majority of bots have to be members (they weren't), then, also, a VERY large portion of the member bots would have had to been using stolen credit cards. I do believe that removing the wilderness and free trade had to do with chargebacks, though. I'd bet anything that some idiotic, short-term minded suit (like all suits) saw that they weren't making as much money as humanly possible due to chargebacks. The solution? Gut core aspects of the game of course!

Primarily because good Spies are sneaky and a lot of players operate in complete tunnel-vision. I use L'etranger for the increased cloak and because I get six extra seconds of invisibility I'm a hell of a lot harder to find and I don't stress as much while sneaking into place. Also nowhere near enough spies hide in plain sight as their own teammates.

I'm shocked

I don't think they're incompetent, they know exactly what they're doing, adding useless shit to make it seem like the game is progressing to keep people playing the skinner box.

That's kinda fish-in-a-barrel

you forgot Ursanway and SF sins.

The Razorback was one of the earliest sign that TF2 post-release was being handled by retards.

Granted both the Sandman and Natascha were already implemented at this point, but even they served some function. The Razorback sounded like something some butthurt sniper player would suggest on the steam forum after having put all of 5 minutes of thought into it. Not only did it not work in practice, it didn't even work on paper. I remember wondering when they announced the fucking thing how the hell it was supposed to work.

Here's the thing, a scoped sniper when caught from behind is universally the easiest kill in the game, it doesn't matter what class you are, you're up against a class who is designed to be weak in close range and you've gotten yourself a major lead by being able to get the first, and probably second hit in as well.

The reason why Spies countered Snipers was Spy was the best class for getting behind enemy lines to get himself in this highly advantageous position. Having a weapon that lets you instakill in that position was just the bonus. A far more useful counter would be some sort of trap that the Sniper could place that would alert them when someone triggers it from behind.

That's right, even fucking Blizzard could come up with a more useful anti-ambush ability than Valve was able to think up.

Fortunately, this story has a happy ending. The Episode 2 director was tossed out in favor of someone who balanced the classes pretty well in Episode 3.

It's not incompatence as much as only caring about your shekels and only working as little as possible to retain players.

This is the only "MMO" where I actually saw the changes from the very beginning aka closed Beta.
It's fucking hilarious how out of touch the developers are with the game. I mean, here are a couple examples:

Another example:
Needless to say, the skill is completely useless now, and my blue incinerate is rotting in the MTX tab.

Sniper is there to lock down long-range open areas. And you get rewarded for staying scoped in and taking careful shots, so it's the opposite of what most codfags do. Snipers are also countered by Spies or other Snipers which, granted, aren't always there or good enough. But Sniper is incredibly weak at close range. They have the Jarate/Bushwacka combo to try and crit, but any Soldier, Demo or Scout worth anything could easily kill them and keep out of melee range.

The pyro, heavy and scout are built around short range blitzes. They're designed to get close to a target and deal a ton of damage, or ambush with a group. The Minigun's damage falloff makes it pretty much useless at even medium-long range, and the Pyro has to rely on secondary weapons to deal long range damage.
It wouldn't make much sense to have no long-range or sniping ability in a game like tf2, and given that they have to rely on their rifle because every Sniper secondary is mostly shit they can't defend themselves against other classes once they get up close. Given the fact that there's flank routes to avoid sniper lines on most maps, it's pretty easy to get up close to one of them and kill them. Half of them don't even unscope when they start taking damage.

If a sniper stays scoped in the entire game and has zero situational awareness, then they deserve to get killed. But anyone who plays the class and has a decent awareness will probably go with Jarate or something similar, and pay attention to sounds around them and the movement of the enemy team. The razorback is just a shitty secondary, relying on it to stop a Spy from killing you completely is just stupid. It's purpose is to stop you from getting taken by surprise with a backstab, and give you half a chance to kill whoever's attacking you.

Also wasn't the ambassador, the essential counter to the razorback added in this update?

Yes, alongside the Dead Ringer and C&D

I remember when I first heard about the Razorback I always thought it would have been a "invisible" item to the opposite teams spies. And they would only find out once they back stabbed the sniper.

Spiny shell has always been a clusterfuck on a per MK game basis.

>DD, hell begins here. The shell gains wings and fly's to the 1st place kart, avoiding everyone else. It when then hover over the 1st place before hitting them and causing a massive "bom-omb" like explosion. It's possible to slow down and get other racers close to you to get effected by this.
>7, the wings are gone returns to it's function like that of 64, while retaining the explosion from DD. And like MK DS can also see opponents items on the 2nd screen. Also appears rarer.

And depending on the game/items it's possible to dodge the shell at the last second if you turbo boost or mushroom (or other items) at the right time, but players aren't told that.

I remember on the 64 version, that I boosted around a wall at such an angle that the blue shell hit the corner and negated itself. Only happened once and I could never replicate it again.

Y/N?

Yeah having it do a little damage would be good, but 450 is a bit high. I would love for there to be ANYTHING that makes spy noobs more frustrated as valve loves to pamper their ass with more spysicle and dead ringer perks every other update.

(checked)

But that's stupid. As a spy, you can just stand a few feet away and shoot the guy. It takes you only slightly more time to gun down a sniper than it does backstab, which is still less time than a sniper can react. A sniper has 125 max health. The spy's revolve does 55-60 damage at close range and is able to fire rounds with a .58 second delay between rounds. That means it takes a bout 1 second to kill a sniper with the revolver.That means the razor back is useless even for it's one intended purpose. The only think it does is slows down retards and makes you a bigger target for anyone who remembers the spy has a gun.

Implying that autistic lesbians are more useful than a piece of wood?

I remember blocking it with a banana on 64 and SC though
You shit me?

Why play fps at all? How do you people find the will to launch a game which you know you suck balls at? Or do you think you're actually good but just have bad luck or something insane like that?

I am so sick of scrubs in TF2. Fuck Love and War.

It needs to do 35000 damage to everything in the map. Fucking make the thing a nuke and also invisible to enemies. shit would be hilarious

How is this bad? If a team of underpowered heroes defeats a farmed as fuck enemy, should they not get rewarded for their skill?

Tbh, they should just allow you to use healing spells out of combat.

Come back mechanics are a bandaid fix to snowballing. A better designed game wouldn't have snowballing.

Nah ,the real problem is that they made the bounty for killing stronger heroes than you too big. It was a thing forever since wc3 dota and it was never a problem untill recently when they decided to buff it to retared levels.

Fuck this flask/ES meta

Why live?

Former assfaggot here.

That's not how it works in DotA at all. A lot of heroes are stronger at different stages of the game. Like Chen is only good the first 20 minutes, then he is literally useless outside of stuns. The reason is he micro's jungle creeps, and eventually everyone gets so strong they can oneshot his creeps. Contrary there are a lot of carries who suck 20 minutes in, but if they get good items they are unstoppable.

It use to be you could pick a balance of heroes for different strats, now thanks to comback mechanics, whoever has the most cores (lategame heroes) wins, because if you play an early or mid game team and lose one fight or your strongest guy dies once after crushing the team, you lost the game. It use to be 5 core teams where a meme, because every brazilian and slavshit picked them and lost. Now there is so much money on the map and so much money for killing someone who's ahead, that picking the most lategame brainless heroes is now the meta.

The game is un-fucking-playable.

Also passive money was increased, and scrolls made cheaper etc. They want the game to be less strategic and more team-fight oriented.

That's basically dumbing it down.

Carries come online faster so you don't have to worry about farm patterns as much and have less time to be ganked. Heroes who are only good for a window of time are fucking useless. Fairy Fires, Rain Drops, 4 bounty runes, bottles in the sideshop. This is all shit to cater to fucking retards who have no awareness of what's going on. There are WoW-levels of HP.

No. They are changing the game to accomodate streamers and e-sports. You see, people don't like watching infinite farmfests with teamfights happening every 15-20 minutes. The objective is to make the games more exciting and faster paced. In general they want to get rid of "support" characters entirely and i'm all for it, since nobody likes playing the wardbitch. What they should focus on however is giving the late-game heroes more active abilities instead of 2 passives that boost their right-click.

Support isnt all about being the ward bitch, its about early game fighting and keeping cores alive to come online easier, and also running around the map getting pick offs early. A support is built around having to be resourceful, and getting farm where you can. Having a support just being a ward bitch loses you the game. i main support

Yes. It is a lot less strategic now. You literally just pick the most cores and teamfight. You don't need to plan anything because there is a bounty rune to bottle or well around every corner to pamper your ass. When you expand the room for error you minimize how much strategy is required.

I didn't know it was possible for e-sports to be so cancerous it actually can kill e-sports games.

Yes. By increasing gold generation the game becomes faster and as a result heroes who shine at different points in the game, especially early, have less of a chance to effect the game. Pushes and summons are downplayed. Farming well less important.

Don't do that.
Don't play the game, I mean.

i regret it

Also this is 100% true. Anyone who thinks a support is literally suppose to sit in lane all game pulling the wave and right clicking the offlaner has no clue what they're talking about. During the laning phase you buy smokes, tps, and gank people.

I think anyone here who use to play dota has quit by now.

Its why i love lion and SS so much. Lots of early disable for our offlaner to capitalise on. its a shame that supports are only useful for about 10-15 minutes now

The only reason I played dota for a while before 7.00 was for Chen. There isn't really a game out there where you have to micro units as intense as he does, even in a rts. Then they dropped this turn. Now I can get a 13 minute mek without even fucking doing anything.

That's what i'm saying. Support is being the team's water boy. You're entirely useless and basically a walking money bag after a certain ammount of time has passed and nobody like that.
I'm all for removing "support" and actually making the game fun again. This is the main reason i stopped playing the game. Because if you're not the carry you basically have no influence ont he game's outcome past a certain period of time. Everyone should get to play the game all the time. The game should be like
This is just terrible game design, switching people to basically being passive observers since their characters are entirely powerless after a point in the game. It doesn't make for a fun experience.

The chinks are what killed it. Not the meta-game. You see nobody likes chinks, and since all the top teams are chinks nobody wants to watch dota esports since they don't have anyone to cheer for. The problem is not the game itself, it's the chinks. And all the nerfs and buffs were actually directed at nerfing chink strategies of 4+1. However it has backfired since the chinks are autistic and still dominate even after their favorite strategy got nerfed.

The should not be like*

Yeah, its a shame dota fell this hard. I loved the patches when bounty runes were first introducedn making both rune spots useful, but now the runes are back to the way it was a shitton of patches ago.

Support is the most important role. Seriously.

dropped this turd*

Just because you can't put the team on your back from beginning to end and brainlessly out dps the other team doesn't mean you're the water boy. You have to use the utility of your spells then rather than the damage. Black Hole, Golems stun, melting towers as a few supports, etc can literally win the game sometimes.

You fell for the "ward bitch" meme.

Maybe they'll nerf CI/GR/VP in 3.0?
Nah, who am I kidding.

When a house has a door, it is accessible. Increasing the number of doors on all sides does increase the accessibility. But too many doors will turn a house into a windy shack with no challenges to enter said house. It's no longer a comfy place with stairs that you must conquer to find even more comfy places with dark corners where you can cuddle up with crazy like-minded people.

I miss those odd little dark corners. I miss comfy mmo's with batshit crazy fellow players.

Yeah, in 64, the Spiny Shell had some features in common with the Red Shell, like if you launched it at a wall it would die upon hitting it. So I would assume hitting a wall when chasing you closely would also be possible.

Nope, it appears very rarely though and only if there is a large score difference between the user and the leader (of the opposing team, because MKW only has team battles for some stupid reason).

The good news is, it does not appear in 7 or 8 Battle mode. Not that anyone plays 8's Battle Mode and its lack of "proper" Battle stages.

Fuck, now I remember, but I didn't play battle mode so often.

negro, they're going to add battle mode on their new rehashed game

big fucking wew

I’ll pass.

This is the deepest way to go fucking bottom, the last time I heard about Mario Deluxe games was when it meant something

What did he mean by this?

I recently played a match of payload where the offense team had 4 spies, 3 or 4 snipers and perhaps three players who picked classes that could in some way push the enemy back.

The problem isn't the spy class itself, because some people can completely dominate with it. The problem is retards picking gamemodes like payload and giving no shits about what other classes are on the team and how to best support it. They just want to fuck around and be a lone wolf star of the show.

There are servers for that too. The problem is that matchmaking can't filter out these retards so you'll end up with them in every game regardless.

but user,
You can go pyro and laugh at their pathetic attempts to trick-stab because they want to be like their idol Stabby or some shit.
For real though, there are too many retards who pick up the game just to gallery-fag as Sniper or play Easy-modo with Dead Ringer, Ambassador and Spycicle.

I'd hate to say that they should put class limits because the best moments of the game was when everybody decided to say "Fuck it" and all go Family Business Heavy or some shit but the number of Snipers/Spies you get on teams now is just ridiculous.

That fucking flask it the cause of so much of this bullshit, almost every meta build that uses it would be just above average without it so instead of nerfing the flask they fuck the skill. Making that fucking flask almost required to use to fix the neutered skill.

Well if you want me to spell it out for you, I was referring to Widowmaker's venom mine. A proximity based mine that does little damage, but is useful because it alerts you when someone has triggered it, meaning you can get a warning if someone is taking a path to flank you from behind.

That's how you would implement an anti-spy ability for snipers. Yet somehow Valve couldn't figure that one out in over a decade.

getting exalted with booty bay maybe

I remember some time ago some friends got me into SWTOR and I built an Operative in such a way that I could cheese the living fuck out of everything.
I come back, my character is fucking auto-deleted, and I try to make a new cheese build, but they broke up the class into so many goddamned subdivisions that it's basically useless now and there's no real way I can make weird builds like I used to. Instead they end up trying to railroad you into using these arbitrary sub-sub-specializations when the level 10 subclasses were just fine the way they were.

That's what I get for playing Bioshit.

Destiny's PVP is just one giant mess. To reduce the whole explanation, Bungie's solution to everything was to nerf something to uselessness.

I fucking hate this guy

fucking wew, lad.

Jesus christ that audio quality is fucking terrible.
Is the user who made this just bad at webm, or does razorfag actually shit out content this bad?

Nigga looks like "faggot, the demon slayer"

Fucking this. And they nerf for stupid reasons. In the beginning, hating on Blade Dancers was a meme because hunters were not popular since Warlocks had Sunsinger.

Now tell me which is more overpowered of a super:

or

Oh right, and warlock melee attacks have long range if they are charged.

I know a girl who chooses what she wears based on how she wants other people to perceive her.
Most people are this pathetic. The worst part is they don't even realize this unless you point it out, and even then they most likely won't change.

I agree, you still see people backdooring in lategame and it adds value to creeps to make them not useless outside of early game.

soul memory

Why would a sniper stand near a sentry unless it was to counter snipe a sniper fucking with the sentry? seems kinda retarded.

Why are women like this?
Why do they actively choose to be more retarded?

tf2 was OK but I never got into it that much because of how much better quake 3 is, especially CPMA, anything less is just a watered down copy, it will never be quake, just a dumbed down copy that is enjoyable because of how it mimics the feeling of playing quake without actually giving you any of the depth.

Thousands of years of sexual selection user.

Natural selection by beauty (health) led to all other aspects of women being underdeveloped.

Not how evolution works.

…..well. They are.

In Borderlands 1, loot was meaningful, because a good weapon, a really good one, could last you for a dozen levels and a large portion of thd game.

Not only this, but you could buy Legendaries and badass shit from Marcus, so grabbing and selling had a point. Also, certain loot was dropped at certain places repeatedly, so you could farm them for variety.

In Borderlands2, the dmg scaling is so shitty that even the most baller legendary is soon eclisped within five levels, meaning their is little point in loot hunting, and nothing good is on sale. Ever.

And loot drops basically once half the tims. Or not at all.

And the enemy scaling is….off. Sniping is entirely nonviable aswell.

On the plus side, Axton is a turret master done right. Only because Rolands skills trees were assbackwards

Halo style Snipers were the best. The scope was not necessary. At all.

Talk anything you want about soul memory, but at least it did do something other than completely destroying invasions.

What if stealth could work while moving?

Meta Gross

Metagross

All that matters is beauty which improves social status.

do you even social engineering?

invasions in 3 were less about skill and more about being a sneaky fuck and killing 3 dudes with a +6 FUGS after using a branch and waiting for them to get below you

You have to from a Machiavellian perspective.

I'd like to walk around like Buakaw all the time, but I cant because people would look at me weird.

It's not that I want the attention, I just like the look of things that attract attention same as anyone else.

That being said, I have to dress bland as fuck because I don't want the attention.

Marvel Heroes, players could move fast in or out of combat so they nerf that into the ground, while leaving enemies unchanged so now groups of trash will fuck your day up if you aren't absolutely minmaxed out., all in the name of "adding strategy back to fights." I'm sorry I ever recommended that game.

I remember when sieging was a thing and you would skip all the towers and directly attack enemy throne because they didn't have invuln shields like now.

The regen is so crazy that the kind of extreme firepower needed to backdoor a tower would make you more valuable in teamfights than soloing towers (unless your team is so retarded that teamfights are a losing proposition no matter what you do, in which case you probably lost the match long before you manage to farm up all that money). It undermines the purpose of BDs, which is to give losing teams a chance of comeback and make badly coordinated teams suffer for their retardation. People tested it and you need to be insanely overgeared to solo a tower with the current regen. Maybe if you're the crazy one who is pursuing a Divine Rapier build would BD be good. (Divine Rapier is an item that gives giant damage but drops on death. No one buys this item since it paints a giant target on your back then you're down gold while they get your crazy item.)

Now it's all about 5man pushes. The only time you tend to "backdoor" a tower is when you probably just won a teamfight and your 5man arrives at the tower before the creeps do and you aren't in the mood to wait for creeps. Then the firepower of your team can kill the damn thing.

IceFrog basically wrecked a perfectly good game mechanic because it made noobs cry. He was dumbing down the game.

Nah, you're a noob. It was either Path of Life Nodes or Path of ES Nodes. And everyone would stack these nodes like fucking crazy regardless of build, at least in hardcore where I played. Melee actually had a disadvantage because they had to waste time walking up to enemies, couldn't kill multiple enemies nearly as fast as ranged builds, and didn't have the luxury of avoiding enemy melee or dodging projectiles by running out of the way. That last one is why Fortify got introduced, btw.

That was just noobs crying. The good ranged players would just walk over to the health nodes and grab all of them, and maybe collect endurance charges and acrobatics while they're at it. The trouble is that a lot of noobs thought evasion was a good defense (it was right there for the grabbing) so they maxed the evasion nodes (which didn't come with health), never got serious health (which was on another side of the passive tree), and eventually they would get oneshot by bosses (who incidentally have higher accuracy) or even get unlucky fighting mobs. This happened a lot, especially when they didn't think of gearing +hp. These days there is base health for leveling up and a lot of evasion nodes are paired with life so that mindless evasion stacking won't just get you killed.

Everything synergized well with those things, except maybe arctic armor for melees.

This was fairly lame, although spells were the only thing that could shotgun. You can still do a shotgun fireball build with AoE enlarging effects though. Rolling Flames does it a lot.

If you ask me PoE has its issues, like the recent overbearing emphasis on the AoE grind making single-target skills a joke (until you modify them into doing aoe shit) and bosses just being stupidly OP shit with immunities and attack patterns and the tendency for every build to degenerate into pushing one button to kill everything type endgame and the latest loredumping style being the dullest fucking way to sell the story. The biggest problem with PoE is that you rarely have to play intelligently. Your goal is to become so OP you can destroy everything in your path in the blink of an eye. In fact, that's necessary if you want to do the endgame. There's a lot wrong with the balance when the game plays like that, but so far the most PoE is doing to address it is creating boring mechanics to play with yourself where you can now have rotations instead of single button mashing. That's pretty fucking bad.

ES has always been meta. Always.

You can still play Fireball marauder if you want. Berserker and Chieftain mara are both good picks for it.

Unacceptable.

most builds that dont use that broken as fuck mechanic and havent 50exalts dumped into them cannot kill shaper at all. i mean shit, you can argue about alot of the stuff that ggg did balancing wise and its not always black and white, but how in the fuck is this shit not fixed yet?

also, es is better and life in every conceivable way.

Let's not kid ourselves. Single target skills are inferior in almost every conceivable manner except maybe damage, and even that gets taken away since you need to fucking attach a multi-target skill which inevitably lowers damage. So now you have to waste a gem slot just to even deal AOE, whereas you can slap (3-)5 damage support gems to your AOE skill of choice and wreck shit immediately.

I know there are builds that can kill him quickly but one-shotting Shaper?

>inb4 Vaal Righteous Fire snackbar build

Good designed mons with good stats come together with Gamefreak's intelligent ideas and blue moons

pretty sure crit firestorm chaos conversion trapper can do it.

And vaal righteous fire is fucking riddiculous as well. I havent played a huge amount this league, but i have a vaal righteous fire character that can easily oneshot anything up to t15 bosses if they dont have multiple stages. And its not even an expensive character, i spent maybe 2ex on it.

Christ, no wonder he wears those stupid sunglasses in all his videos.

Both are retarded arguments. How about focusing on whether someone's opinions have any truth to them instead of why you think they have the opinion? What a waste of trips.

bump

They never fixed the damage.

this guy isnt always that cancerous, but when he is he doesnt fuck around.

that webm sums up everything there is to say about this shitty topic.

are you autistic?

Mario Kart has way more issues than that.
It's been over 25 years and they haven't seen a problem with any of this.

I always thought the ink didn't block enough of the screen strangely enough. And it made sense as an item during it's origin on the DS (and by extension the 3DS) with that hardware's second screen map "zoomed in" map option. But I will say I feel like it doesn't affect AI that much and only works well against human players. Back in 2006 when I first heard of the item, I thought it was going to completely black out the top screen instead of a just a producing a splatter. Ink can be removed faster by hitting a speed boost.

Memories of why I hardly ever played Star Cup (with Wario Stadium) in 2 player GP come flooding back.

Won't deny that I'm experienced both sides of this. Person in 1st gets so far ahead nothing slows them down, while 2nd to 12th are just fighting it out with their items and swapping positions between them while 1st gets further away. I think Sonic Racing Transformed had some item that would create hazardous obstacles to avoid for the 1st place person to slow them down.

Well they also made getting bloopered SEVERELY reduces your traction in Mario Kart 8

Since there was some discussion about ASSFAGGOTS 2 in this thread,I think the newest patch(aka:The first attempt at fixing the clusterfuck that is 7.00/7.01) might be interesting for the discussion.
dota2.com/news/updates/27381/
Major changes:
Minor shit:

no that's hl2:ep2. then they backported all the changes into the older games like hl2.

iirc hl2 deathmatch still retains some of the older behaviour despite being "upgraded" to the ep2 engine.

I hate the Ink because it's never what the person who gets it actually wants, and it's just an annoyance for everyone else. And yeah, the speed boost is what I meant about luck. If you're in the right place at the right time, then it's no problem. It's got little to do with skill. Also, as undodgeable as a lot of the items are, it does make for interesting mindgames I'll admit. I've gone from last place to first in a couple seconds just holding onto a blue shell, nobody wants to be in first so they just stall in place. Same with lightning, everyone waits in front of the item boxes so they don't lose their item when they get zapped.
I had a similar idea with obstacles that started dropping when someone had been in 1st for a while. The farther ahead they get, the faster they drop.

So it's still unplayable garbage

That is some serious faggotry. At least you can still do special pulls by pathing lane creeps into jungle with earthshaker fissures.

Also, watch the talent tree changes for Techies, lol. Valve wasn't done nerfing it. You'd think Techies were OP or shit based on how much Icefrog has been chain-nerfing them. But no, he just hates Techies.

And they are buffing a lot of damage talents. Guess Valve really wants every hero to carry. Fucking Witch Doctor can get +75 autoattack damage with the right talents now.

My bad, he gets +90 damage with his level 15 talent now.

>>>/reddit/

The razorback shouldn't even exist. It makes oblivious snipers more oblivious.
Even when you just blast them with the ambassador they're still oblivious the next time.

In an attempt to solve 'griefing', they made griefing much worse. But what even is griefing in a heavily murder-oriented game like GTA? Why did any of these systems need to exist at all?
Those systems are disabled in the PC version (since griefers found exploits to use them against innocent players to wipe out their bank accounts and put them in 'bad sport' forever) and it's a lot better as a result.

What about games that actually do fix problems? Which games get it right?

It's because people don't really have a real reason to kill each other so normally it's a nigger, and if it's on the pc version there's a big chance that nigger is cheating aswell. I've lost count of how many times i've got killed out of nowhere by people flying around with godmode in a hydra, using a damage multiplier, that cheat which automatically shoots people, teleporting behind me and doing a backstab or that i've seen cheating before apparently being very good at the game (see guy teleporting while cruising around, a few minutes later guy comes drive by me and appears to be extremely good).
And then there's the exploits one can do without cheating, like the fucking minigun, armored vehicles, the hydra, ninja explosives and entering passive to avoid retaliation.
Thank fuck I didn't pay for the game, rockstar purposefully made it shit.