Dragon's Dogma

I recently began to play it (PC), it gets complicated here and there, but the most important question of all… where do I find character recipes? I mean, appearance and all, I want a cool looking MC and Pawn.

Some anons made some when the game came to PC

I have tried to google them to no avail, well, at least not by the usual keywords.

try cuckchan's /vg/

I am never going back to that shithole.
BTW, is Mercedes "totally not Casca" or that's just my imagination?

Anyone know how to solve the unusually poor frame rate issue? I have an i7-2600k and an R280X both overclocked and yet I top out at 50fps.

It's Casca yes, tons of Berserk inspiration in the game just like the Souls games have.

It's NT Framework, it really shouldn't have any problems running. Play in 900p if you need to

Are you using an ENB mod or something? Those completely tank the performance, cuts my fps in half

Third pic looks great.

*MT Framework

No shit, that's why it's a problem.
Fuck no.

No I'm not using any mods. Fresh install yesterday, 50fps max on highest and lowest settings.

What about your OS install?

Windows 7 64-bit SP1.

Is the same as me, is it fresh enough? I think something is running in the background or something, or maybe your overclocking is actually hindering performance of certain applications and games.

I also tried overlock off, didn't change anything. The install is old as fuck but nothing else has a problem. I did a clean wipe of my drivers and updated them to the latest, I disabled Steam Overlay. Nothing.

No idea then, I am not exactly an expert on the subject but I usually find performance issues to be a cause of "software rotting" if it makes any sense.

I'm not sure how to feel, I usually suck at character creators.

To be fair, DDDA's character creator sucks in my opinion.

DD's character creator is capable of making everything from loli to anime-style ubermensch. Your opinion is shit.

their loli maker is kind of flawed if you ask me, maybe I am spoiled from using too many sliders in character modellers.

If you literally type "dragon's dogma character recipe" in Google images it leads to a million recipes. How tarded are you?

But Casca isn't a bleating she-goat

I guess i'll drop this as it's related.

DELETE THIS

No one has yet asked the most important question: Are you playing on HARD MODE?

For NG+, sure. I don't think you can min-max on hard mode for a normal playthrough since you get meme experience before gran soren.

Fuck no. I want to be able to have fun.

But my first playthrough of Dragon's Dogma was on HARD-O-MODO.

Going to play this again at some point. Want to try MK. Should I just go mage>MK or do I need to mess around with other vocations for augments?

You'd better be Big McLargeHuge muscleman if you want to not be fighter to get that augment. Sorcerer's Acuity is a huge buff to magic, too.

Mage gets lower total stat growths than other classes between level 10 and 100 for some reason so you almost might as well not bother with it at all. Fighter>Sorcerer>MK might make more sense.

Bleating

Why did they have to change it to that shitty intro in DA

???

Am I just unlucky?
I keep taking a team of strider pawns into bbi because I want a daggerist's ring with thousand kisses, but half a dozen or so purifications each run and I never get it. Or I do get a ring, it's brain splitter. what's up with that?

I can't wait to read about your suicide in the newspaper, you disgusting waste of resources.

I always play in Normal mode for my first runs, if anything I avoid Easy mode.

It was certainly not what I expected, is more or less an open world thing, is a shame there are no mounts, at least not so far.

Suck my dick bro. Bitch can't sing for shit. They should have kept Flying into Free.

I'm going to find you and make your parents watch as I rip your little twink asshole you piece of shit I hate you.

You'll never find me. I'm behind 7 proxies.

Flying into Free is literally a dbz-tier song that was sitting in the back of their Capcom's crap closest, the piano opening is the best part of it before the japs kick in and suddenly ruin it.

He has a point; I find it difficult to listen to the full version where she goes full-on shite lyrics, but the melodic 2-minute version I like more than 'Into Free.'

Hated that little shit with all my guts when it happened. If somebody's going to be squashed, they better stay squashed (preferably decorated with gore.)

And that's why it's great. It clashes with the game, but in a good way.
You don't know what fun is.

Can't wait till your kind are systematically genocided before current year+3 happens.

I'm sure you're happy eating shit and having shit opinions, so I won't try to stop you. Just don't be surprised when others don't share your shit taste.

user I hate to break this to you but you can cross the entire world map end to end in ten minutes, you don't need a fucking horse

Holy cockblowing shit you people

Sometimes I just want to run without using stamina, also, it kind of breaks the immersion a little having no horses or similar.

'Dragon's Dogma thread'
what am I missing?

It would be more immersion breaking to realize that the entire world is a small canyon within an hour of playing
You can grab onto farm animals, is that not enough for you?

I could pretend is just a small island or something.

You must've been beelining for the story quests.

Yeah that's pretty much it
Threadly reminder that vanilla DD is Griffith's story, if your arisen is a le epic guts cosplay you're doing it wrong

lurn 2 reed nigga

Extending the grab mechanic would have been pretty cool. You can get harpies to cart you around, so why not other things?

Does that mean I get to rape Mercedes?

Go to bed, Muhammad.

You're the main character and hero of the story, so it's very much a "griffith did nothing wrong" affair, and any fucking is totes consensual bro, especially if they're lolis

How dare you, ser!

I don't think you would explore most of the map in an hour on the first playthrough.

I wish this game was more moddeable

Keep remaking your pawns over the course of the game by buying the shit from the vendor in the first fort with crystals. Eventually you'll get a good looking pawn

True, cosplaying as the badguy just doesn't make much sense.

Well I mean it does if you're doing a level 1 BBI run

I've played 100 hours of this game and I never actually finished the post-game shit. Almost want to restart it, but there's no way I'll have time to be autistic like I was before.

I think we can all agree that this is the best song in the game by far.

Well it certainly was good when It was the DA end boss music. Was a really good fight, if not short after playing with a really powered-up character.

You could if you had fast method of transportation, you dingaling. Learn to read.

Oh, I thought you meant the immersion breaking was already in the game via discovering the entire world in an hour. My mistake.

This, honestly

Yeah, what a shitty and boring game.

Why should I have to learn mechanics and not have my hand held? In Fallout 4 and Skyrim I always get pointed to where I need to go, and I don't have to explore to see the full map.

You know what Skyrim and Fallout 4 has that Dragons Gotnone doesn't?

Level
fucking
Scaling.

I don't have to feel the stress of being challenged or being overmatched thanks to this amazing feature and Dragon's Dogma doesn't have it which makes it just the worst.

And the character creation is just TERRIBLE! You get to pick their voices! Who wants that?
#lamecity

And the worst part is the story and side quests. How dare they think they can get away with some quests being tied to the progress of the main story, and for that matter, did you guys know that you have to CLIMB on this dragon boss? Nothing like the noble combat of slapping the dragon to death just like all the other dragons in Skyrim.

0/10 this game sucked

license expired. It's also why you can't get the Berserk armor sets in it.