Lets talk about the best space sci fi game of all time

Lets talk about the best space sci fi game of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6ntg47q_cM
sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
sourceforge.net/projects/urquanmastershd/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also post your favorite race

I'll bet he spends a fortune on contacts.

-_-

That's not a picture of Freespace 1 or 2, OP

It's not a lot of things.

Starflight? Ok.
SC2 is pretty great too

I liked pretty much all aliens, they were all very distinct from one another.

the game has a great story and I love so much of it but the space battles and moon rover segments are so arcadey and weird that it's a nightmare to play.

Now how cool if they did this same style of game in the vein of Freespace, keeping the humour and epic scale of the galaxy

Mass effect

Well there is a reboot in the works.
youtube.com/watch?v=K6ntg47q_cM

holy fuckā€¦ don't let me down Brad

It's going to be bland as fuck, they don't have access to any of the old aliens so they will have to design their own.

You know a lot of people talk about how intimidating the Ur Quan races are, or the Orz fuckery but I rarely see these guys mentioned and they really creep me the fuck out
They reduced themselves to the appearance of chewed up bubblegum, have complete mastery over genetic technology to such an extent even the resident geniuses the Arilou have to defer to their abilities, cruise around in tumor ships that behave in a fashion no other does and have a child like mentality where they can be jokey and happy one moment then pulverize you the next because it makes sense in their fucked up minds, and the entire time they talk to you with a weird gaspy voice this fucked up tune is playing.

Still a really fun setting, I almost wishit would have gotten an RPG style game in style of golden age Bioware just to see this fucked up universe in action.

Ive been looking to play this but i can't find a proper torrent for it that has actual seeders. Likely due to me being a retard. Anyone got the GoG version that they could share?

sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

There's also a HD version: sourceforge.net/projects/urquanmastershd/

Distant Worlds?

Thanks a lot, user. Will i need anything for this or will it run out of the box?

Also what are the remix packs?

which one shall i get now?

That's the Umgah, though the ORZ were pretty fucked up as well.

I don't remember
about the HD version, I have seen screen shots and honestly, while it's not bad, I prefer the older aesthetics

I shall try out the original then. Thanks for the help.