Why do you hate this game Holla Forums

Why do you hate this game Holla Forums

Its one of the decent games published by EA.

GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES TO FUND A GAME, SCREW THE TAXPAYER, NOTHING TO SEE HERE user

How about you give a single reason why you think it's good. Oh wait this is just a low energy one and done shit thread so no you wont.

Check em.

what the fuck are you talking about

MMO style questing and a total lack of difficultly.

Because its Tera Online but singleplayer.

The music is good, the hack and slash elements are fun, story is pretty good, quests are fun. Although the only problem imo is the difficulty, rings that regenerate health shouldnt even exist in this game.

I really want to love amalur but this user is right. it's pretty bad overall. It's a shame because I like a lot of things about it. the combat is fun and the fighting styles for some of the weapons are pretty clever. I also really like some of the super moves. the class mechaincs are cool, I like how you can build your own class sorta as you go. I also like the visual design and other aspects of the game (music is good).

but the game is insanely easy and there is a HUGE amount of busywork. it would be one thing if the busywork paid off but it mostly doesn't, and the story goes in a really weird place once you get to the capital. it felt really unfinished and awkward in the later parts.

Why didn't you start the thread by saying that?

I can't remember it, so it can't have been that good. I do remember the game felt like WoW though.

It made everybody in Rhode Island pay more taxes.

The studio took a loan from the Rhode Island state to fund Kingdoms of Amalur, essentially taking money from tax payers to make this game, which ended up underperforming to their expectations.

I remember enjoying it until it got too obvious that it was just a single player mmo and I was only playing to satisfy my addictive nature.

The writing seemed decent, but it would have benefited hugely from pruning a ton of the chore-like quests and more indepth combat rather than just trying to salvage their mmo combat system after scrapping the mmo idea

But with no boob armour.

it would have only needed an interacting party, like in Dragon Age, and it would have been fun, now it was boring

I feel like if it was never intended to be an MMO there would have been something there. Areas made smaller, lower budget necessary, maybe more focus on combat, less chores.

Loved it, but damn, Schilling shouldn't have done that deal with Rhode Island, and he shouldn't have invested all of his professional baseball career earnings on both this game and that fucking MMO, really fucked him in the ass, for why no one in the business to tell him to go slow on game development, I will never know, part nerd dream team on the people he gathered to make this and part incompetence on the fucking budgeting.

Started playing it for the first time just a few weeks ago.. It's okay. The world feels like I'm supposed to have read some big fucking novel series before starting it, because there's a whole lot of shit happening that I don't care about and makes no sense. Probably because they got that faggot R.A. Salvatore to write it, and he doesn't know how to make settings or tell stories that don't involve 3000 years of intricately developed fictional history.

Otherwise, combat is pretty good, but the game is overflowing with bullshit backtracking and collectibles. A limited inventor was a really weird choice and leveling up seems to bounce between taking way too fucking long and sometimes happening back to back.

I feel really bad for Curt.
He basically fucked his entire life up.

Well, he settled with lawsuit, apologize to the dev team and his friends about this, he went into sports commentating, but he kinda got fucked up on ever being in the Hall of Fame because he supported Trump, overall he's doing fine, but he's staying off the gaming industry.

The fae and the alfar are two different things in Amalur though…you even learn this in the area where Gorhart is.

The game fucked up in several ways and out of what hasn't been pointed out, defence scaling and colour-coded armour based on progression are huge problems.
I got to the end-game looking like a retarded rainbow because I had legendary iron armor, blue armor and green armor that stayed useful thanks to defence scaling, and filled the rest of the slots with red armor.

It was pretty dumb.

Besides the hilarious story behind it, the game is pretty repetitive. I agree on the fact that is not that bad, but is not good either. It's mediocre.

Because interacting with the world was boring. The hack and slash elements were fun… for the first 3 hours thanks to the weapon variety. There comes a point where it feels like I'm doing things from a checklist out of obligation rather than desire. It certainly has some interesting mechanics, and it's a superior RPG to anything Bioware has put out in a decade, but the world you have to spend so much time in just isn't that interesting. You don't really get to know any of the characters, and and they all feel mechanical, like they exist to serve a purpose rather than just as characters in a story. The lore doesn't really grab me, the world building isn't executed in an interesting way, the story is only mildly interesting. The gameplay is somewhat there, but the world is too flat and boring, likely due to it starting development as an MMO environment, and then being made as a vehicle to an MMO, meaning to include more at a later date that will never come.

Sorry for rambling, I'm tired.

Rhode Islander here.

Firstly, fuck Curt Schilling and everything about this game. He wanted to make his dream MMO, with big names, but zero insight on how to make any of it work. He was literally an "idea guy".

Secondly, when RI opened its ballot initiative to support this game, 38 passed it as "development of Providence's tech sector with the biggest names of the gaming industry". That alone set off some huge red flags, since the ballot measure came off more like a sales pitch as opposed to what it really was: An attempt to make a dream game by a total fucking manchild.

The worst part is that out of the $75 million we've fronted, we're only going to see maybe 1/3 of that back, if we're being optimistic.

To add insult to injury, this cocksucker is even putting out press info of potentially running for State Senate, since he saw Trump become president, why the fuck not, right?

Fuck this state. Fuck this country. Fuck your shitty game, OP. I hope you and your entire family die in a car wreck.

Yes I'm fucking mad.

Decent? It's piece of shit. It deserved everything it got.

Californian here.

I should torrent this and see how bas a clusterfuck it was. I liked combat but even that was kinda eh.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning [RePack] [RUS / ENG] (2012) (1.0.0.2) (all 4 DLC)
remember to choose english in installer, it may be set to have russian localization chosen by default
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D393CE1DCE5368B13897A2D7C844A5698BEC31A8&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt2.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=Kingdoms%20of%20Amalur%3A%20Reckoning%20%5BRePack%5D%20%5BRUS%20%2F%20ENG%5D%20(2012)%20(1.0.0.2)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning [RePack] [RUS / ENG] (2012) (1.0.0.2) (all 4 DLC)
remember to choose english in installer, it may be set to have russian localization chosen by default
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D393CE1DCE5368B13897A2D7C844A5698BEC31A8&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt2.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=Kingdoms%20of%20Amalur%3A%20Reckoning%20%5BRePack%5D%20%5BRUS%20%2F%20ENG%5D%20(2012)%20(1.0.0.2)

double post but hey I'll take it. I was just gonna use IGG but this works too.

See webm

checkem