/ogc/-/ocg/ edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition

Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Mumble:

Our Uplay spreadsheet (Currently for The Crew):

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform

To add others, check here;

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit

Our Forza Horizon 3 club:

Our Xbox live club:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/jhW5bKB
files.catbox.moe/m4bz0r.webm
store.steampowered.com/app/547410
store.steampowered.com/app/587770/
store.steampowered.com/app/461640
forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/February_Playseat_Car_Pack
mega.nz/#!MYUSTSya!2sMu1QJjnZ59eRS6OsnK_qXXsS6fH8t8cb3nTthULgU
archive.is/mqxwU
ebay.com/itm/302218604764
ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Driving-Gaming-Mounting-Plate-GT-G29-G27-G25-Racing-Wheel-Stand-/221991757443
get-good.net/index.php?title=RFactor
trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/
ebay.com/itm/142258641114?orig_cvip=true
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vl0pNmgfdGEKz8UusHvH3jdZmTblEa-HkvZL0-4_Hbc/edit?usp=sharing
steamcommunity.com/app/253470/discussions/0/351660338694837569/
ultimatecarpage.com/car/4206/Audi-Sport-Quattro-S1--Pikes-Peak-.html
ebay.com/itm/172514489226
store.steampowered.com/app/577990
store.steampowered.com/app/568380/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

skyline is the best, the question is which skyline is the best? that answer is the r30

Pick one

Why does no one make great cargaems anymore?

make-believe competition vehicles

I'd love for even just full damage modeling and fun gameplay.

RIP Criterion.

Your closest bet is probably Shift 2 with PTMu

ever feel like a game is making fun of your misery?

The ultimate motorsport:
A race with schoolbuses where in a similar fashion to Rallyrcoss' joker laps you have to pull over halfway thorugh the track or do a stop and go to simulate loading and unloading passengers

I should set up pcsx2 to work with G27 and Gran Turismo games but I just can't be bothered to.

The dll to emulate the wheel exists, but is limited to DF and DFGT (it's by desgin, the G27 itself gets recognized as a DFGT on a physical Playstation 2)

Good choice in podcasts, user.

Heil!

sleepy cast, best friend cast and more recently Maddox cast best podcasts.

that would be cool.

great teacher onizuka?

discord.gg/jhW5bKB

inb4 get back to reddit REEE

Despite we use it to organize events, Discord is for normees my man

Car manufactures use games as ads now and don't want their precious amorphous blobs to get smashed up.
Wut? Most games have Wheel options, there's really not much to do in terms of controls.
Seems like there's only NFS for ricing stuff, but Forza's pretty good with customization too.
Because most racing games cater to sim autists these days and anything more exciting then accurate tire wear and grip and they don't give a shit. It's kinda funny in a industry that seems hell bent on dumbing down casualizing the fuck out of everything, racing is the only genera outside train or flight sims that caters to autists.

You can have schoolbus races in TD:EOD

It's clearly Gran Turismo Obligato you weeb
I think I'm experiencing Baader Meinhof effect with it since I keep seeing reaction images of the anime. Good series, liking Paradise Lost so far

Is still my favorite game, user, and nothing seem to be able to top it so far

vvvrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :3

Bump

I haven't played a racing game since Need for Speed 2010, which I absolutely loved.

From the looks of this thread, there doesn't seem to be much of that arcadey racer around any more?
I just got the impulse to have fun and go fast again.

It's pretty sad that in the current year slapping stickers on your car and the odd bumper removal counts as good customization

Take that back.

I have achieved comfy

I've always seen these threads around but never actually opened one. I was wondering what ogc stood for. I assumed it was One Gear Clear a bit like with shmups people talk about one credit clears except you're flooring it the entire race.

Auto Games Coalition. During the first Exodus it was /ovg/ (a video game general on /o/-auto) but they got uppity over the name being used on fullchan so we changed it /ogc/-Auto Games Coalition. Now that you know, go emulate Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2.

Checked.

Such is life in the greater kharnate.
So can you carjack people in that game?

Felt so good I made a webm.

Oh right, can't post webms from tor. Here: files.catbox.moe/m4bz0r.webm
Pls rate and subscribe.

Well done Tor friend, remember to join us at our next race, new faces are always welcome

Holy the thread is dead today

i will be the only one to survive

I guess the influx of people from the crew and forza has died off.

It's also no longer the weekend

There's just not much to talk about until we get another race event or more game news.

Thank fuck i'm a neet.
Who knows what kind of things I would be doing if I didn't live off of retarded commies.

Anyways since there's not to talk about and it's kinda related, anyone else watch the finale of TGT? Also is there's any news regarding TG? Last I heard was that prat Chris Evens quit and it would be LeBlanc and the other Chris hosting. Might actually be decent then.

That, and more and more discussion and memeing taking place on Discord instead of shitposting here in this thread.

There's Redout currently on sale on steam if podracing is your thing.
Also, HP 2010 on sale, good game for 3 EUR.

And on the new shovelware front, this thing called Peak Angle which is not a sim, not MMO (seems to be 1v1 or even leaderboards based) and looks like ass. Maybe a bit fun but I really don't want to throw 12 EUR to see for myself. Also I'm pretty sure the models are ripped off other games and debaged.
store.steampowered.com/app/547410

This thing looks like a template Ogre3D project, but sold for actual money.
store.steampowered.com/app/587770/

Finally, why the fuck does this trash have the Racing tag?
store.steampowered.com/app/461640

That Peak Angle thing smells like a mobile port, aka leaderboards only, it would be great to have an online toge game on PC though

10 to 1 it comes from russia

Horizon 3 Feb car pack, sponsored by GAMING SEAT BRO. DON'T REST YOUR ASS LIKE A NOOB, BUY GAMERSEATS

forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/February_Playseat_Car_Pack

[OGC:TM intensifies] Jokes aside I'm pretty sure we could re-run races with pretty much the same roster as the OG rFactor series
Even for an M5 boy it looks cool
[penis hardens]
chav/10
Interesting, never enough roadsters
/no taste/

It's the middle of the weekday, it's easier shitposting on the Discord during business hours.

Considering that only two of the four regulars are still around, it's possible to host OGC:TM 2017.

just go back to reddit.

That was complete pain in the ass to get to work. I don't know what the fuck I did to get that thing to work properly but in the end I did manage to get it to work.

I thought that the finale of The Grand Tour was the best episode of the whole season.

I'm actually tempted by the idea, would be my first series as actual guy running it (not a backup server admin) and it might be interesting.

I was also thinking about hosting a one-off GTR2 semi endurance event, like a 2.4 hour thing, because I still love the fuck out of GTR2 and it's destined for endurance racing.

So far held off because it's not as easy to pirate as rFactor, and not everyone has 6 bucks to spare for an 11 year old game, even though it's arguably the best sim all-around package.

We often do one-off races like WTCC06 a few weeks ago. It's really about finding the will to do it and a host. Also i wouldn't get my hopes too high for an endurance race so long, we prefer to keep the events under an hour of lenght. I still hope for a 24 minutes of Le Memes with 60x time progression someday
Usually it's two 15 to 20 minutes races with grid reverse for R2

Thanks for image 5, than manga is hilarious.

How do you get autismbux? I need a wheel.

Why not run rFactor with GTR2 cars and tracks?

Hell yes

get a job you dumbo

First off i do have genuine autism, it's highly functional but autism. Then I also have poor sight which is by no means crippling but i can pretend enough to get cripplebux too.
I also broke both of my wrists as a kid and it damaged nerves on them, and they're kind of twitchy and i almost don't feel anything on my right hand (god i love masturbating) so that's even more on the cripplebux. togheter, those things just mean i'm socially awkward, use glasses and have unsteady hands but in the eyes of the state it means i get shekels for nothing. There's also the regular scams like getting a job, getting fired and being paid by the state for being unemployed which i sometimes do if i really want to buy something.

I had a job at one point, but I quit after a few weeks because I couldn't do anything without someone holding my hand. I haven't tried again since I figure it would end the same way.

Having ethics sucks

You don't know what you're missing on.

I can dig it.

Not my fault all of you are casuals who can't keep a car pointed in the direction of the track for more than 2 minutes :^)
The idea was to make it more challenging than a simple 20 minute sprint akin to what a casual racer like GRID would qualify as endurance. Perhaps 2.4h is too long (it isn't for Forza boys though), but at least 1 hour.

Also, it seems that I know we ran WTCC races, having won both of them.

Because the point is to play GTR2 because it's a great game.

Europoors also race in the evening (Don't recall who won WTCC but I think it was an european so you should know) and some of us go out of business after a certain hour. A one hour and a half race maybe, but over two hours can get tiring for some

It's a matter of when the race starts, 1900UTC is early enough for most of Europe to go to the end of the race without it being obscenely late.

But yes, I hadn't taken into account people working on Saturday (or early Sunday for Australians) that may have issues with that. And yeah, also forgot to take into account that for most people running a full length GP in an F1 game is just fantasy.

Right now I'm thinking GTR2, one hour only, timescaled. For the track, I'm leaning towards Enna Pergusa because I always loved this track and just testing the server gave me the comfies.
Possible other choices include Brno (perhaps a bit generic but uncommon), Magny-Cours, Anderstorp or one of the cookie cutter tracks everyone knows like Spa, Hockenheim or Imola.

Possibly for this Saturday (11th) because /ovg/ isn't running GT3s because of their 2.4 hour endurance race (not planning on joining it because cba finding the links to the files) so everyone on here will be free.

stupid retro launchers YES

In some european countries dinner is later, so 2000UTC as usual might be the best time. I was looking on the time progression indexes (at least the ones on Rfactor that is the most common), a decent endurance race could be made in about one hour and 45 mins including quali but anyway less than 2 hours
or
given of course a 24 hours race

So they have Brock's Commodore
Very Nice
Also since it's set in Australis why is it a Vauxhall Corsa and not a Holden one or at least Opal

I have to say Episode 3 or the Africa Special was the best

I don't think we have the equivalent here in Australia, the closest we have is an Astra. On an unrelated note can we just turn the weekend races into V8SC's please? T1 would be more mayhem that we have ever before witnessed really, I just want to do a Bathurst 500 in any car.

I was thinking 1 hour long anyway, adjusting time scaling accordingly. GTR2 does that IIRC, using 24x time scaling for 1 hour.

Should I fall back on rFactor because sometimes you gotta do what the people want and not what you want, I'd use 20x and lose a couple of hours of daytime.

I'd be ok for GTR2 since I own it, but can it be yarred easily?

Sadly not, that's where the GTR 2 plan is inferior for poor people that can't spare a fiver (price on humblestore) for one of the finest racing sims ever made.
Online is locked behind a serial that can't be shared.

Okay so I've set up the server for testing.

Server name: OGC:GTR2
Password: 8ch
Track: Enna Pergusa
Cars: everything in vanilla GTR 2
Sessions: 10 minutes qualifying, 10 minutes warmup for everyone to take a shit, and 1:30 race.
Timescaled for 24 hours

I might reduce race length a bit, but I felt 90 minutes is a good length. As for the track, there are a couple thrown in the rotation, including Magny-Cours which is the second most likely candidate.

When are you planning on holding the races? Are you going to include AI or hope that enough anons turn up to make it interesting?

Disregard, I just read . I'll try and grab it for this weekend. Can tracks be modded in? I'll dress up like a little girl and let you fuck me in the ass if you run a Bathurst race one weekend.

Saturday 19:00 (or 20:00 as pointed out), so far the server is up for testing and making sure I didn't fuck up the configuration.

V8SC on Bathurst sounds good too, perhaps next time.

Hosting update: as I'm using a custom gdb file to allow all cars on 24H races, you'll need to install a 2 KB mod to the game before joining or GTR 2 will give you some generic version mismatch error.

Drop both files inside GTR 2\GameData

Yes that second part of Africa tour was some fun stuff. Also, here's a group B fix for all of you who want to sanic through africa with cars that may or may not kill you and everyone infront of you at seemingly random times in weird places.

You can probably set it to 24x in your .PLR

You don't even need to use V8SC (the rF mod I use for them is finicky as fuck and the back end goes at the drop of a hat). If GTR2 can have tracks modded in, using the GT cars at Bathurst would be fun as hell as well. Looks like I'll still be waking up at 5/6am to make sure I can race with fellow autists!

I thought they just brought the Vauxaul Line over here rebadged as Holdens after failing with Opal

I checked out the Holden website and there's no Corsa. Small car wise there's an Astra, Astra Coupe, Barina, Cruze and Spark. The Astra Coupe kinda of comes close to the Corsa but it's definitely not the same model re-badged.

Fair enough

Completely (political) offtopic, but I can feel my soul leaving my body when RCR is a libshit. Please ignore for not video games, but I have to get it out of my system. archive.is/mqxwU

Please continue with your regularly scheduled /ogc/ thread.

Wow, what a faggot.

It's a slow day for fake car racing and is mostly shitposting. I knew RCR was shit when he conveniently totaled his old shitbox and begged his followers to fund a new car. Sure he wound up with an arguably similar Fit, but it was more the principle. Also he started shoving Roman down peoples throats. It's been so long I forgot why but there was solid reason for dropping him. Tthere was a thread about it years ago on halfchan

Posting Prodigy for no reason apart from the video

Is this the only good FWD car?

FBI ver is better.

But I have both, user.

Why are all the wheels on eBay being sold by retards?
ebay.com/itm/302218604764

I have no idea. If you're actually interested, send him a message I guess. Also figure out if you can return it if shit's busted on it.

Shit, I didn't even know that. I was just shown him by my brother, thought he was kinda entertaining if a bit retarded at worst. I was curious what he posts on Twitter, like if he would post pictures of cars he's writing reviews on and instead I got that. Oh well, at least I never turned adblock off.

So lads, its that time again to answer the big question
What car do you drive IRL?
Mine
1999 Lexus LS400

looks a e s t h e t i c

I'd love to fuck in it.

Lexus generally has great A E S T H E T I C value.

The car got a face update in 1996 for the '97 model year
Here is the original 2nd gen LS400
Miraculously it has pretty decent gas mileage for a V8. I'd say about 20 MPG mixed, about 25 highway

2016 Ford Focus.
It's not blue, though. Been looking at C4 'vettes for a second car to have for fun summer commutes on the interstate instead of taking local highway/backstreets. The C4s are ugly puppies but they're cheap (comparatively) and still pretty sporty.

no bully it looks really nice

2012 VE SS II Commodore.

With shipping, the guy's asking nearly $100 for a DFP.

Is that your daily user? If it is I can respect that

fuck you stupid nigger

Oh shit, I didn't see shipping. I assumed it was free, which $50 for a used DFP isn't outlandish.

it is. i've only needed to replace brakes and a fuel filter, too. the carb is still stock, just needed a rebuild. it's really great i'd still trade it for a 1980 trans am in a second

All of you guys have god tier taste in cars, except

Ever wonder why niggers have expensive cars in the ghetto?

pic related but blue
kill me god

Sorry to hear that user
Is it a hand me down?

I'm not really a car guy, I just like car games. I got mine on a police auction dirt cheap.

Why don't you like anons car?

Dont have an actual picture of it. Mine's black.

We wuz cars an shet

i thought that was a plymouth reliant at first. those things were fucking indestructible. like, banned from demolition derbies indestructible

FWD best wheel drive

2003 Opel Corsa C, pre-facelift, with the severely overpowered half-V6
Pic related is very close, 5 door with the same paint (I think, they had like 50 shades of grey at this time), except mine has a lot more scratches, bumps, steelies instead of alloys and a Twingo plushie on the dashboard

FWD's advantages die off once you bring a mid engined RWD car into the picture and then the only thing fwd has going for it is being steady.

Since we're just posting what we drive. Same Saturn, though the hood's a different colour due to me rear-ending someone and going cheap with the repair so I wouldn't loose my discount Considering that it's over $2000 per year, it's a big deal. I don't drive the '85 due to the transmission's reverse giving up the ghost and timely loosing my job so I haven't been motivated to get a new tranny put in. It's in "should be in the junkyard" condition, but the engine runs fine, it's mostly quality of life stuff like the electric windows, AC/Heat doesn't want to work on the Highest fan setting, and the roof lining falling in. Also typical G-body frame rot, which is more a concern.

I don't own the Brabus Merc, but why aren't rear wheel covers more a thing? They can look pretty good.

They can look pretty good, in a car from the 1960s.

GTR 2 update: changed the track because Enna is boring and the server name to be more inclusive towards sensitive people like 6bd226.

Server: AutismSpeaks - GTR 2
Password: autismo
Track: Magny-Cours GP 2004
Cars: Everything in vanilla GTR 2
Sessions: 10 minutes qualifying, 10 minutes warmup for everyone to take a shit, and 1:30 race
Timescaled for a 24 hour race for comfy sunrises
Mod: custom gdb I use that allows all the cars to be raced in 24H format:

(checked)
Those real wheel covers look fucking fucking disgusting, it looks like they jut out
It's like they designed a standard modern car and just slapped on covers for the hell of it

To me RWD always felt more "Premium" because when you step on the gas and go from 0-60 in about 7 seconds you can really feel all the power coming from the rear wheels like you're taking off in a Jet plane
Also the last car I owned which was also my first was my 2000 Honda Civic non-VTEC so my only real experience with FWD is a slow beater

RWD is inferior to turbine drive anyway

The Chrysler Turbine Car was actually RWD. The power didn't come from the exhaust as it would on a planes turbojet. Rather, the turbine engine ran the drive train like a normal engine would. But I don't think it had a transmission since a turbine has full torque range at all times but I could be wrong on that one

I don't own a car, but I drive my dad's '99 yaris a lot, 1 Liter and 60HP of fun.
If I did own a car I'd like to have a saxo shitbox.

I don't have a car. Or a driver's license for that matter. Parents never had one either. Where I live, everything is within walking distance.

PCARS 2 officially revealed. (Would Webm but the launch trailer is 4K)

Long Beach, Suzuka and Fuji Speedway join the real tracks along with a new bunch of rallycross and road route tracks as well.

170+ cars as well so a huge step up from original PCARS also.

Didn't know this car, thanks to you I spent like an hour searching and finding about the turbine engines and cars. Very interesting.

It does look very good, but the rest is still an unknown quantity. Mostly about how will it drive.

A V6 Golf Mk4

That's because it is. I was searching for something else and that came up. Here are some better examples

but muh future

But are they just for show or do they improve on aerodynamics over wheel arches?

Well your future better have rear wheel covers faggot.

I don't have any facts on hand, but hyper-milers put these and Moon disks on their Priuses to get even more mileage. I'm sure there's wheel covers that do help aerodynamics, while some only look pretty.

But how you are supposed to change a tire if there are tire covers?

take the cover off

Get them to your [insert manufacturer] mechanic goy.

They don't seem to be designed as easily removable

if theyre the hub cap style ones they might just push in and twist or just twist out and id assume the ones in first pick are hinged

I'd imagine the Citron would have some kind of hinge similar to this concept like is saying. The RE Amemiya is probably bolted into tabs on the inside the fender similar to a bolt-on fender flairs.

Saw the arches off, put the new tires in and solder the arches back.

Project Cars is on sale, would it be worth it to buy it for 10 yuros?

Get the Humble Bundle tier 2 to have all the DLCs along the game

Along with some other shitty games

Explain this shit, is project cars on humble bundle?
Might be worth my while for humble bundle pricing.

I don't know what there is to explain that isn't covered by "go to Humble Bundle", as was previously stated.

Project Cars and its DLC are in the Humble Bundle Bandai Namco bundle. Which is weird since Project Cars was just part of the Humble Monthly just this past January.

Well i bought it, but i didn't put shekels on bandai namco or any of those "charities" that are literally just a fund to give cripples free vidya. Everything went to humble bundle.

You give money to jews no matter who you choose.

But at least one jew is selling me cheap vidya.

Anyone seen the new James May show?

No, but I'll be downloading it

GTR 2 track changed to Anderstorp, perhaps a bit memer than Magny-Cours

Press previews from the racing game tubers (Inb4 James autism) seem positive. Tyres bite in way quicker and more realistically than the previous game and wet weather is no longer just "We reduced the friction lol" since even a dry tyre will hold bite to a point on a wet surface, but tracks now have puddles on the corners so you can aquaplane harder. Overall it's still made for wheels but pad seems way better this time. The press Demo was just Fuji Speedway and an "Ice Driving" track so there wasn't much substantial going on though.

Apparently Bandai Namco invested a shit ton of money into it as well. Bell is already being an ass and saying "Other games should really be afraid of when we are launching". Trailer says Late 2017 but already leaked on WMD that it's September 2017. So probably out the same month as GT Sport and Forza will likely be hitting mid October (IIRC that's when Scorpio is likely launching) so good luck, Ian

I'd kek if DIRT 4 got Racing game of the year even if all the monsters like GT, Forza and PCARS launched

It's not too far fetched, it's trendy to kiss the "plucky small indie" developer's ass.

Codemasters aren't really small or plucky considering they are getting back to their 2000 levels of big publisher. They still have to show what the GRID team is doing (What the fuck HAVE they been doing for the last three years?) and the new Evolution Studios IP as well. Micro Machines WT is being developed by a small team and ported to PS4/Xbone by Just Add Water as well so none of their main teams are on that either.

It's weird to see a big push in the racing genre again, but then apparently Horizon 3 is the best selling racing game since GT6 so maybe the genre is due a new golden age.

They're not exactly small indeed, but compared to behemoths like Forza, GT (and to some extent Project CARS) they can be considered small-ish.

It's weird yeah, perhaps since racing games work well with VR it's quite trendy? I'm quite enjoying it, Horizon 3 is an amazing game and even the unfinished sims are loads of fun.

It hasn't even been 2 years since the launch of the first project cars.
Is this the new call of duty?

I guess bamco saw potential in it and decided to pump more money in it

Okay, so I have my wheel and all, and it's easy to setup on my desk, except then I can't use my keyboard. It's a pain in the ass. Are there any good stands for wheels that I should look at? I'm looking at this one now: ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Driving-Gaming-Mounting-Plate-GT-G29-G27-G25-Racing-Wheel-Stand-/221991757443
Seems to be decent enough since it's all metal and I can change the height of the wheel as necessary. Also has mounting holes for the pedals on my G920.

Short of that, I'm wondering how cheap it would be to just fucking make my own. I'd like to have a height adjustable one and be able to pack it away easily if I don't use it for a while.

Your wheel and your keyboard can't occupy the same space, user. All you can do is put your keyboard besides the wheel.

There's no room besides the wheel, though. I mean, obviously they can't go in the exact same spot, but I can use the stand to at least have it mounted and can move the wheel out of the way when I want to just use the keyboard and computer like normal.

Rockin a 2010 VE commodore series 2, love it.

needs a service and new brakes though.

It looks alright.

Have something on the side and rest the keyboard there, then if you need to type something put it on your lap. At least that's what I do.

Just make your own, that's what I did.

I found an old bedside table and I ghetto rigged a stand for it, not perfect but it was virtually free so I can't complain

Just unmount the wheel, unplug the wires and put it aside. Don't move the pedals, don't move the shifter, don't move the power supply, just leave the cables in a corner of your desk and stow the wheel in another corner.

I could see VR is a push for normalfags, but a lot of Pro Drivers aren't fans of VR and still think the Triple screen or a projector and a D-Box is the best way to sim race. I think the latest push is down to PCARS and DIRT Rally doing well in 2015. Plus Racing Games fit perfectly with the "Games as a service" meme which has become popular never mind e-sports. We all know that racing game fans spend huge on their racers because we're the goys who spend hundreds on wheels and shit so even if it doesn't sell great. It makes a lot of money. If it sells amazing, then it makes Gorrilions of Dollars.

It's coming out later this year. Racing games are easier to make a sequel because you have a shitload of track assets and we're at the point where everything is being futureproofed like Track scans and car scans. Especially now track scanning is easier than ever because instead of running a car around the track a few times, you can run a drone with the laser scan equipment around them (Though sadly that means it's harder for people to catch track scan companies in action and ask them what game they are doing it for. It's how they used to leak tracks for Forza).

vrum vrum, trucking a bump.

Reminder that tomorrow we're playing GTR 2.

Too lazy to make a webm, but to get around Anderstorp in a GT:

Reminder to bind a headlight button

Headlight spam ho!

When exactly is it? Also you should probably set up a pastebin with all the necessary info.

Thanks for the suggestions on wheel stands. I'm going to keep looking for different stands because the one I linked is 2 feet tall and is probably just a bit too short for me sitting in most chairs. I do move the keyboard off to the side but it's a pain to type on my lap instead of on the desk.

Nothing going on as far as I know, bumping with some random cars

If grey means aluminum, does black mean concentrated aluminum?

Black is carbon fibre which is infinitely better in every single way. That's why my car is covered in it from top to bottom

But is carbon fibre made out of concentrated aluminum?

You'll like that button when the night comes :^)

I thought I had posted the start date, but it seems I didn't.

Start time: 2017-02-11 20:00 UTC
Server: AutismSpeaks - GTR 2
Password: autismo
Track: Anderstorp GP 2003
Cars: Everything in vanilla GTR 2
Sessions: 10 minutes qualifying, 10 minutes warmup for everyone to take a shit, and 1:30 race
Timescaled for a 24 hour race for comfy sunrises
Mod: custom gdb I use that allows all the cars to be raced in 24H format:

I'm grabbing the game right now. Where do I throw the custom gdb?

install folder\GameData
with the other GDBs

Righto, thanks.

Probably worth noting you need to make an account to play online.

I'm a fucking idiot.

carfag here, love cars, love vidyas, never played a racing game after Burnout Paradise for whatever reason.
can you guys be nice and recommend me some decent racing gaems for the peecee?

relative recently died and he passed a light blue XJR on to me, used to driving a subaru wrx because I am a filthy gook

Sega Rally 2
Dead Heat

Well, I might be an idiot, but I still can make a 00:01:06.something car.

Outrun 2006
NFS Hot Pursuit(the new one)

I start to understand why americans love the V8 so much now

How autistic do you want your racing to be? My main staples are DiRT Rally and rFactor. Played through the GRID and DIRT series and they're a bit hit or miss depending on what you want.

Fairly autistic, I like a small degree of realism in my driving vidyas.
conversely I also like super whacky arcade shit, anything goes really.

brb suicide

rFactor and rF2 are right up the sim autistic alley. DiRT Rally finds a nice balance between full on autismo and just mash the accelerator to win. I just picked up GTR2 for 8 bucks on steam and it seems to be on the realistic side of things. I guess it comes down to, what type of vehicles do you want to race in?

I'm envy, here the cheapest is 50€

Why you americans always get the shittiest version of every car?
EU Focus and Fiesta > US Focus and Fiesta

use the mouse

It's a DFP not a DFGT

And it's $85

Right, maybe I'll join this mess too then.

Okay. I'm a lazy asshole but I really want FH3. Is it worth it picking p the "super deluxe goyim" edition? I haven't spent money on bideo gaymes in a while anyway.

beamNG

I don't even know what the differences are other than I assume you don't have an A-pillar that decides to block out a fuckload of view. Also because some US regulations are pants-on-head retarded thanks to some lobbying. Like the 25 year import rule. Because magically 25 years means those cars are suddenly safe and more fuel efficient. Totally.

Yes, the car DLCs are mildly interesting and VIP is full of bonuses. It's quite frequently on sale so if you're looking to save a few currencies wait for the next one.

25 year thing is actually more related to the historical society recognizing something as a "historical" vehicle when it gets 25 years old.
You can slap historical plates on a CRX this year

Spintires adventures, I climbed a volcano and drowned my truck in it.

CRXs are more than 25 yo?

yeah, the last one came out in '92

Yeah I know that, but tbf you could slap historical plates on all the older ones.

I still find the "historical" classification quite funny. It still somewhat carries the implication of older cars with lots of chrome trim and gorgeous curves. Not a cheap jap hatch.

I suppose? But at the same time, you don't need to put antique plates on it. It can be registered like a normal vehicle and driven without restriction, as far as I was aware. I at least wish the lag time was like 15 years instead, match Canada.

Oh yea user I don't drive, I can't afford it

It's alright, i can't afford to feel anymore.

Yeah cars are great, I wish I was driving a old Ford Ranchero GT '79 that I inherited but can't afford to fix let alone drive when fixed

On the positive note. I might be able to take part in /ogc/ race but my break-pedal potentiometer may or may not be broken. I am trying to clean it without taking the whole thing apart, but if it does not work as planned, don't be surprised when someone starts backing up like a fucking retard at the start. It is also for this very reason that I have been unable to bind any keys whatsoever since game is constantly getting "break" signal it seems, and thus binding anything and everything to it whenever I try to bind something.

30 minutes till go time

Is the server up? I only get a blank page

GTR 2 race length reduced to 24 minutes

Make sure you are in sim mode in the realism tab

There we go.

Kek, I quit to change car and can't join back in.

Session closed?

I quit. There is no way to drive when I have absolutely no control whatsoever over the breaks. Any time I want to slow down for a tight corner and let off the accelerator, my breaks lock up. And cannot change default configurations or keybindings because it registers some signal from some button that I am not touching and then assigns shit to that.

Weekend restart so perhaps you can rejoin

Back in. Thanks m8. Said I could only join during practice.

Your post made me realize Simulation mode actually blocked all the assists, despite what the Dedicated Server is saying, sorry.

Just tried out the GTR2 mod for rFactor. Those cars do not take kindly to my driving.

That was a crazy 2 races. Anyone get the webm of the hectic start where we all crashed within 10 seconds?

Apparently GTR2 saved only the Race2 replay, so no sick start, sadly

no meme start, but some racing

I feel like a retard for never noticing the 1995 subaru has the exact same front as the 1995 corolla.

Ah well, it will forever live on inside our hearts.

I want to play a racing game with others, so I'm going to join the events here in /ogc/. I probably won't use discord or mumble/steam group. Will the next few events be in GTR2? Does it have to be bought in order to play/join the servers? Or can a pirate version work, to join your custom server?
I got done doing just about everything in gran turismo 4, except extreme missions still, dunno how to unlock it and enjoy GT racing, and recently keeping up to date with endurance events.

From my understanding you need to buy GTR2 to be able to participate in online events, but it's only like $5. I don't host the events at all, but from discussions after the end of the last one I think we were thinking of going back to rFactor with a GTR mod but I'll leave it up those that host the events to make the official announcement.

Ok thanks, I guess i'll try to obtain rFactor then, it sounds like it has a lot of praise for being realistic, which I want. I'll try to get a free edition if you know what I mean. Any help of whereabouts would be appreciated, think I recall it being shown here in a previous thread.

Forgot to ask if rFactor free-edition works when joining ogc events. I'm assuming it does.

Probably rFactor, given the low turnout for the GTR2 event, but I don't think anything's been decided yet.

According to , no.

Download a copy of GTR2 and play through the tutorials.

get-good.net/index.php?title=RFactor

Yep

Wonderful, thanks.

rFactor really has aged, I'm not liking the vanilla game from the 30 minutes I've played. Starter car is garbage and braking from 60 to 50 mph takes like 3 seconds, which is kind of sad. And there are no actual maps that I've seen from the real world yet, really? No nurburgring that nuerburg track IS NOT NURBURGRING, not a single Japanese track (which I know a ton after playing gran turismo, suzuka, fuji speedway, etc), no Laguna Seca. These tracks just feel bad, everything is unknown to me.

And when looking at car selection, not a single car brand from planet Earth was spotted. Are they not allowed to add in cars due to licensing?
Do the mods really add tracks too.. getting really bad vibes here.

That's normal. Tires in GT4 are way grippier than they should be. You'll get used to it. Turn on ABS if you have to.

trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/

Yeah, the game aged in every aspect. It can still look half decent as far as car models go, and sometimes the track themselves can look alright, but don't expect anything exceptional.

As pointed out, you should dive into modding.

If you can't be arsed figuring out cars, you can find several "special" editions with dozens of GB worth of cars already installed. Since you're into GT4 I'd advise you look into the Shift Street one, as it's supposed to include a boatload of street cars basically stolen from other games.

As for tracks, pick a track you liked in GT and start doing laps to familiarize with the game.

But the golden rule in rFactor modding is to always except the worst. If it's a car, except the physics to be really retarded and the models to be ported from like ToCA 2. If it's a track, except the geometry to look like ass, the track mesh to be bumpier than TDU and the AI to be woefully incompetent. Because more often than not, something is wrong with a mod.

Also we might be doing a small GT4 based series, depending on how well it works inside the emulator. Preliminary testing showed several issues but with some discipline it may as well just work.

What are some games with soft and tall suspensions? More specifically I want a car game with hilly/bumpy maps where suspension physics play an important role in the game, and the downsides of a soft or higher suspension are generally compensated for not hitting the road on a bump or having a little more contact when going downhill or off a jump.
Something with gta 4's suspension physics, but good.

BeamNG.Drive

If those framerate issues aren't fixed with the emulator I don't think we will ever run it

BallisticNG is pretty good now, the physics feel pretty similar to wipeout and you don't fall out of world anymore.

Is there a linux build?

I gotta give it a shot again, haven't touched it in forever.

Bump

ebay.com/itm/142258641114?orig_cvip=true

How will you spend Valentine's day togehter with your carfu?

Cars are expensive but I still love her

That's a nice model fam

It's not mine, I wish it was though

While discussing on the Discord, I did notice I had several unused bundle keys lying around, mostly for racing games.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vl0pNmgfdGEKz8UusHvH3jdZmTblEa-HkvZL0-4_Hbc/edit?usp=sharing

Just don't be dicks and take a dozen keys for yourself, please.

Don't forget Italian curves

my nigger

I pinched GTR and STCC, thanks heaps man.

What's a game with speed by billy idol in the soundtrack?
Surely one of the fatties behind racing games has good taste, right?

Shit! Thanks man, I haven't played a top down racer since Micro Machines V3 on the original Playstation, I grabbed Little Racers STREET.

Thanks m8

Well, I just got around watching the first episode and despite the slow start, it's great.

Leaked Project Cars 2 footage right here

Shame the game is a grindfest, though I did like the gameplay and how you can switch camera modes.

If you like top down racers, look into Real World Racing. It used to be on steam, but it was removed a few months back steamcommunity.com/app/253470/discussions/0/351660338694837569/

Just tried a lap of the new Higlands track for Assetto Corsa in the new Audi Quattro Group B rally car.
I'm a shitdriver, but it wasm fun, the sound is great.
Recorded my poor attempt at a lap, currently encoding.

Well this is gonna take a bit.

I recommend you change "constrained quality" to "variable bitrate" or if it's there "2-pass variable bitrate".
Constrained quality doesn't take into account the bitrate you want, and variable bitrate at least in 2-pass generates an optimal constrained quality value that will in the end average your desired bitrate.

Whenever I tried either of those options, the projected filesize was stuck at 40MB minimum, regardless of resolution.

Tried to post the webm four times, failing everytime.
Here's my JewTube version.

Well that's because the program you're using is shit then. Also if you encode a 5 minute video into the 12MB file size limit it's going to look like shit no matter what, either cut it down or split it up.
He's a sanfran-tier hipster, I think he's going to try to visit Holla Forums and chimp out.

Adobe Premiere Pro isn't perfect, but it's done well for me so far, but then again, I've never used it to encode webms before.
Glad to hear you're going to have some exciting new conversation topics to share with your big brother.

god that engine sound is terrible

The guy looks like kim dotcom but is a bit fatter and not as tall, spends his time paying alimony, praising steve jobs or asking me to do shit himself or his macbook can't while he breathes on my neck and opiniates on it.
My relatives vary from worse to worse, unless they're not right by me on the genealogic tree. user I don't want to talk to anybody here.

Then go and stay go.

Call security, because I'm only going out by force.

THIS IS THE INTERNET POLICE, WE HAVE YOUR IP ADDRESS SURROUNDED

LEAVE QUIETLY OR WE'LL BE FORCED TO TRACE YOUR PROXIES

2013? Honda Accord I4 in blue. Can't really complain cause parents pretty much paid for it all Yay diversity scholarships

Do you know if somebody made 80's concept cars mods for Rfactor?

The answer is simple, make him not want to talk to you again.

You should probably play Gran Turismo

Why do you think it sounds terrible? As far as I can tell from original in-car footage, it sounds how it's supposed to.

Have you ever used the hill climb quattro in Dirt Rally?

You mean this one, which pretty obviously doesn't have the same engine or gearbox as the the one in Assetto Corsa?

Just sayin'…

Here's the Assetto Corsa one IRL, for reference.

It's hard to find information about these cars, most, but as far as I can tell, there is not much difference between the e2 regular version and the PP version of that. It was lighter with better aero, but no mention of a different engine. I wonder if they used special fuel for PP though.

is beamng good as a legitimate racing game?
the features look promising but i can't find any footage that isn't crash compilations or meme videos
is the driftan good?

The easiest to notice difference is the gearbox being a five-speed in the E2 and a six-speed in the PP version.
My point is, don't say one game's car sound is shit because it doesn't sound like another game's similar car.
Compare it to real life footage if you're going to say a car doesn't sound as it should in a game.

that wasn't me. I was just commenting that I think it used almost the same engine. It has the same air circulating back to the turbo technology too.

There's plenty of room in the middle for the Volvo 240 Turbo
Why ain't it in there?

They are basically the same car, though the turbo seems like it might be different on the Pikes Peak version, which was the last one Audi produced in '86.
ultimatecarpage.com/car/4206/Audi-Sport-Quattro-S1--Pikes-Peak-.html

Because whoever was driving it wasn't in that race

G27 money for a DFGT
ebay.com/itm/172514489226

what're some quality motorcycling games on PC I can get into; simulation, arcade, or otherwise? I already have the motoracer games for ps1, but I'm looking for something native.

That's the price you pay for being poor and not able to buy either of those wheels when they were still available.

I've heard good things about Ride and Ride 2. Also you could perhaps look at Tourist Trophy, but it's on PS2 so you'll need either a console or an emulator.

In case anyone cares, classic Ignition has been re-released on Steam
store.steampowered.com/app/577990

At first I was expecting something from the Starsky&Hutch video game, but then I noticed the car is a 1970 Torino while the show used a 1975 Gran Torino. Shame.

Sadly I found the Zebra 3 skin only for that car, sorry m8, but it's fun to drive regardless

huh it's weird I reinstalled it a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice this particular issue. Perhaps a laptop i7 @ 2.5 Ghz isn't enough to trigger the bug.

But the pre-game launcher thing where you set the video options was unusable.

Yes, basically the timer goes way faster than it should (not so much to be a gamebreaker, but still annoying) and the FMV cutscenes stutter, the latter is especially annoying

hope you fags dont mind but i'm saging twice so it bumplocks and the next thread can come earlier without mark sperging out

You could have made a new thread you sperg. Anyway, here it is:

That's how it was on 4chan, my cuckchan refugee friend. Here the hotpockets actively lock threads if they werent made when the previous one reached page 13 or 700 posts.

Motorsport Manager gets free dlc in 4 days time.
store.steampowered.com/app/568380/
You can finally create your own damn team.