Ver. 1.1 of the Paper Mario TTYD+ hack is out

For anyone interested, version 1.1 of my Paper Mario hack has just been released. Around the time the first version came out, y'all started a thread about it. Some of you were into it, others tore it to shreds (which I appreciated, tbh. It was nice getting some feedback.) I've taken some of those critiques into account while making this updated version.
For those unfamiliar with this mod (which I'd wager is damn near all of you lol) TTYD+ is intended to be the ultimate version of Thousand-Year Door. It fixes oversights in the game's script, reverts certain things that were changed during the localization (booze, murder, and the whole business with Vivian,) and touches up the graphics in areas. This new version is also compatible with the TTYD HD texture pack, so if your PC has enough muscle behind it, you can play the whole damn thing in HD.
The basic, no-frills mod stays largely faithful to the original, but there's also a version with some extra bits and bobs if you'd like a slightly different experience. It takes some liberties with the script to make Vivian's motivations a bit clearer, adds a handful of easter eggs, and includes some gags from the Spanish localization (yes, Rawk Hawk is now Hawk Hogan.) This is totally optional, so if it doesn't seem up your alley, stick with the basic mod.
You can download the mod here: romhacking.net/hacks/3092/
I know self-promotion is sort of frowned upon here, but I figured since the first version of the mod struck up some discussion, you lot might want to know about this update.

Other urls found in this thread:

u.nya.is/ngqrpp.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Some screenshots

And some stuff from the optional extra mod.

What's the changelog, nigger?

Can you list or link to all the optional features?

Just to check, this has no relation to that "I made the star kids into lumas", "smugwinkymarioface.jpg" faggot modder, right?

For what purpose? Gold Hawk I would understand, but Rawk Hawk and his lines are iconic to the English localization.

Totally unrelated.

The differences between v.1.0 and 1.1 you mean?

-The exchange between Vivian and the lonely Goomba in Keelhaul Key has been edited to more closely match the Japanese dialogue. He finds her attractive, but gets all flustered and upset when he can't figure out her gender.

-The Petalburg Toad Kid's dialogue has been restored to how it was in the original game. I added a bunch of stupid gags in the first version where he complains about the new Paper Mario games, and y'all thought it was cringey as shit. It was.

-The Atomic Boo is now “Big Boo” if you use the extra mod (Atomic Boo was a mistranslation, the jp version gives him the same name as Big Boo) if you use the version without extras, it will still be called Atomic Boo.

-When played on real hardware, the game's name now reads “Thousand-Year Door+”, and the description specifies which version you're playing.

-The mod has an optional HD variant that is compatible with the Dolphin Forum's TTYD HD texture pack.

I know a lot of folks wouldn't like that change, which is why I relegated it to the extra mod. The basic mod still keeps the name Rawk Hawk.

WHAT'S THE PASSWORD FOR THE DOWNLOAD YOU FUCKING BITCH

Does it do that on Nintendont?

BRAVO what an excellent rom hack for the Current Year.

Good. Was pretty disgusted at that guy's reasoning of "I do things that outright change the nature of the game just because I can" attitude.

Kind of want to see art of Paper Mario with golden hair/mustache and a smug pepe partner now.

That's the only thing I have with the mod, I liked the idea of that creature being a girl plus I had a hard on for her when I was a kid.

Is it possible to have all the good stuff but still have Vivian be a girl?

Why'd they change that?

Aight. This is everything in the optional extra mod:
-Added some new dialogue to the Bandit in the shed and the storeclerk Boo. In the jp version, the Bandit's shed had a chalk outline in it, and the Boo had bunny ears. I couldn't reimplement these textures without it looking weird and skewed, so I threw in some dialogue referencing the crime scene and the ears.

-Rawk Hawk is Hawk Hogan, and he references Smash Bros. at one point (both lifted from the Spanish localization)

-Atomic Boo is Big Boo

-Added a + to the title screen (see the first post)

-Life Shrooms are now 1ups, and have designs based on their SMB1 sprites

-Made the sprites in Grodus's computer more detailed (it's the Famicom Disc System intro, but Nintendo is replaced with "X-Naut")

-Characters don't call being killed "being destroyed" anymore. There's a lotta talk of death in this game, and I thought it was silly that they always skirted around calling it what it is.

-Likewise, characters no longer call each other "humans." I mean… they're turtles and mushrooms and whatnot.

-Vivian has new bits of dialogue regarding the X-Naut fortress and the Shadow Queen. When you see these things in the original game, Vivian acts like she's never seen this stuff before. Which is weird, because… she was one of the bad guys. She totally should know about them.

just copypaste the password from the download page. It should be right there.

Not sure! Haven't tested that.

/shruggo

Jokes on your I'm a robot
PREPARE TO MEET YOUR DOOM, PUNY HUMAN BITCH

is it wrong that i want to fuck that Boo with cat ears?

Welp. Robot uprising now I guess.

Fuck, I like some of those changes, but don't like some of the others.

Thanks for being honest, I guess.
No way to make Vivian into a girl again? I always hated the idea of it being male or something of the sort, SHE is too cute for that.

self promotion is frowned upon when you're trying to sell a product.

when you make OC to modify a 10 year old game, its actually good. given, i don't give a shit about mario games, but its pretty nice of you to make a romhack of a game that isn't pixelshit.

Man, I really need to go back and finish that TTYD hard mode run now.

go back to the sewers, Holla Forumsyp

The only good thing treehouse ever did. Gays need to stay out of videogames.

This is horrible bait.

bazinga

For those curious, this is everything in the base mod

-The Icicle Pop and Zess Frappe descriptions now show that they heal FP, not HP.

-The Paragloomba tattle now says that it's a “stronger version of a Paragoomba,” rather than a Parakoopa.

-The Shady Koopa and Shady Paratroopa tattles now correctly reflect their abilities.

-The Dark Lakitu and Sky Blue Spiny tattles no longer call the Spiny Eggs "pipes".

-Freddy is no longer called "Gloomer" in Goombella's tattle.

-Grodus's responses before the final Bowser fight have been swapped - he now responds appropriately to Mario.

-Prior to the reveal that she is female, Hooktail is called "it." This avoids the confusion of characters calling her “he” and “him”, but maintains the surprise of her gender reveal.

-In the same vein, the Excess Express conductor no longer calls the "shadowy figure" (likely Beldam) "he" and "him."

-Pine T. Jr.'s letter makes reference to a "Bubu" character in Toad Town - a character with this name is never seen in any of the Paper Mario games, so it was likely a mistranslation. The "Bubu" reference has thus been removed.

-Yoshi Kid's response to the Twilight Town mayor's transformation now has appropriate punctuation.

-Glitzville's tiny model - visible from the Cheep Blimp cutscene - now uses the English signs, rather than the Japanese ones.

-The Buzzy species with spikes - called both Spiky Buzzies and Spike Tops in-game - are consistently called "Spike Tops" now. Luigi's Buzzy friend, Torque, is now called a "Wrench Top".

-Red Spike Top's Tattle now shows that it has the same stats as a regular Spike Top, and no longer asserts that it's "the sturdiest Buzzy Beetle species".

-The Tattles for KP Koopa and Spania are properly formatted.

-Rawk Hawk's Tattles now display the correct stats.

-Goombella no longer remarks that Bob-Ulks are the largest Bob-Ombs, as Bulky Bob-Ombs are slightly bigger.

-Pa-Patch's email mentions Flavio pestering him, but Flavio is no longer on the island! The email now specifies that Flavio comes to visit.

-Shellshock's dialogue during the ending cutscene has been tweaked - the localizers seemed to have confused him with King K., as he refers to Mario as "G-Man" and "my man" - terms typically used by King K.

-The Ruby Star's menu description now calls it an "object" rather than a "thing", bringing it in line with the other Crystal Star descriptions.

-Vivian is trans, like in the jp version. Her menu description and tattle reflect this, as well as the dialogue before the first Shadow Siren fight, and when talking to the lonely Goomba in Keelhaul Key.

-All references to “cola”, “cola bartenders”, etc. have been changed back to alcohol. It seemed a shame to lose that cute nod to Mario & Luigi, so I combined the English and Japanese names of Bobbery's drink (Chuckola Cola and Vintage Red) into Vintage Chuckola. The Chuckola Cola sprite has been changed back to its Japanese colors.

-The final Super Luigi book has been changed back to its Japanese colors.

-The Power Rush and Power Rush P badges now display P instead of D.

-Hooktail is sickened by frogs, rather than crickets.

-Pa-Patch responds to Bobbery "smelling something suspicious" with a fart, rather than suggesting "Flavio's armpit”.

-Bonetail is female.

-Prince Mush now has a real name separate from his stage name - instead of just being called "Mush", he now uses his French name: Banali T.

-The Red Bones tattles now hint at it being bloody - both the Japanese and French versions call it a "bloody Koopa skeleton".

-Pennington's job description is now "Sanctum priest" rather than "Sanctum Manager".

-The threatening letter recieved on the Excess Express now specifies that there will be an explosion - this not only brings it closer to the Japanese version, but also makes Pennington's suspicions of the Bob-Omb family more sensible.

-The Bob-Ombs in the Fahr Outpost cannon have a small exchange regarding personal space and butts.

-The Swooper enemies have been renamed “Swoops.” These guys have been called Swoops ever since New Super Mario Bros., so it seemed like a simple fix. Their texture has also been recolored to make them more in-line with their modern appearances.

-The Spiky Goombas have been renamed "Spiked Goombas". They're called "Spiked Goombas" in every other Paper Mario game, so I changed their names to reflect that.

-The Hammer Bros now have green helmets, and the Boomerang Bros' accoutrements are blue rather than gray.

-The various Magikoopas have white-rimmed hats.

-The Dry Bones and Dull Bones' pupils have been changed from white to yellow.

-Crayzee Dayzees have their color pallete from the modern Yoshi's Island games.

-Pokeys have their green spikes from the modern games. Poison Pokeys now have dark blue spikes, to match the altered Pokey design.

-Poison Mushrooms now have their modern colors and angry eyes.

-Regular Piranha Plants now have white teeth.

-POW Blocks now have their modern blue and white color scheme.

-All Spike Top species now have colored rings around their spikes.

-Standard enemy Bob-Ombs now have white wicks.

-The Koopa Clan / Koopa tribe is now called the "Koopa Troop".

-Flower Fuzzies are now called "Pink Fuzzies", as they were renamed that in Super Paper Mario. Goombella's tattle references the "Flower Fuzzy" name.

-The posters in the Glitz Pit now feature the modern Magikoopa and Bob-Omb designs - it has also been rectified to feature a Red Magikoopa and a basic Bob-Omb, as no blue Magikoopas or Bulky Bob-Ombs are fought in the Glitz Pit.

and some more screenshots

The only thing I could ask for is some old "unofficial patch" like the shit you'd get for Planescape Torment and other games where it asks what optional changes you want and which ones you don't. As I don't know how hard THAT would be to implement I don't think you should worry much about it, good shit either way keep up the good work.

Excellent stuff. This is the right sort of autism.

end yourself

BRAVO what an excellent rom hack for the Current Year.>>11866321

What confusion? People are just naturally assuming the big mean dragon is male.
Also, a lot of these changes seem largely unnecessary, as you aren't saying they're meant to be closer to the JP version for all of them. Why is Bonetail female, for instance? I especially dislike the changes to make it more in line with modern Mario games.

Bonetail *is* female in the Japanese version. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

For what it's worth, I made a point not to edit any of the textures beyond color tweaks, I didn't want to give it the full on Sticker Star treatment. It's mostly tiny stuff like changing the Hammer Bro. hats from blue to green.
If that still bothers you, you can play without any of the new textures. Just install the mod without the texture folder.

was this way in the Japanese version and certain European versions. The writers intended her to be a trap, therefore it should remain that way in the translation.

Hooktail was female in the japanese version as well, and its just poor translating to call Hooktail 3 different pronouns because they are not sure if they saw a dick or not. Stick to one. Also im 99% sure it was implied that the 3 dragons were sisters at some point, just can't remember where.

Vivian being a trap isn't something I missed.

Thanks for making the game that much gayer.

Not to get all weeaboo, but apparently, all the tails are suppose to be female in the jap version. Bonetail for example is "Zonbaba" in japwhich is a portmanteu of "zombie" and the jap word for "old woman".

You'd be forgiven for thinking it was some ultra progressive womyn bullshit though.

Where do you think we are?

Why do I feel some of the replies in this thread feels out of place? You'd expect people to enjoy changes making the game script closer to the original Japanese one along with fixes to be appreciated, specially from a game a lot of us love.

Pretty weird if you ask me. Either that or I'm not getting it.

It's funny because she's (I'm American so she's still a female 2 me (^: ) the only one that looks like an actual female. Other one is a fat dyke, and the other one is an old jewess.

Because it's either bait or Holla Forums is here and are trying to be edgy. Either way, both are cancer.

Talk about non-sequitur.
Leave it to a real-life autist to bring up Holla Forums as a boogyman in a Paper Mario thread of all places.

Double standards.

But there are also the unecessary changes made to some things as well i.e. the Pokeys.

Lately there have been swaths of posts in threads all over of just people complaining about the tiniest shit, accusing reddit, pol, bait, whatever. I wish I could pinpoint just what is making the quality of posts go down but its probably nothing to worry about.
Respond only to quality posts and it'll go away.

It's not being closer to the jap version. The author just rewrote things without actually knowing for sure if it's in the Jap version. For example:
or just renaming shit for no reason, like Rawk Hawk

T:romhack shill

If people feel this strongly about them, I can put the new enemy designs in the "extras" mod for the next version, instead of lumping them in with the base mod. Thoughts?

Translation: Don't listen to the shitlords this shitty progressive romhack is great.

Fair point. I'll change Pine T.'s letter back in the next version unless I find solid evidence it's a mistranslation.

ugh your made her a tranny again?

that was one dub change I liked.

I'd say it's for the best if there was a "more close to the Japanese version" mod and a "whatever you think is a good idea" mod. Don't know why you didn't do that in the first place.

Ignore the naysayers. There's something fucky going on in the thread. There's way too many cucks defending their headcannon "localization."

For the most part, you've done well.

How can Vivian even be trans, isn't she just some kind of ethereal shadow ghost?

ITT: Sodomites act like wanting Vivian to be a girl is wrong

OP you were dangerously close to doing this right.

Hopes and dreams gone. Someone get me a rope.

No one aside from the people complaining about the Vivian change is defending the localization. OP just made some changes that aren't closer to the JP version, just things he personally felt needed to be changed. While that's all fine for him to do, a lot of us just want it to be closer to the JP version without doing things like recoloring pokeys or renaming enemies to what they were called in Sticker Star.

Very good point. This is why I like getting feedback from Holla Forums, honestly. You guys can be pretty harsh (if not outright vitriolic), but you're honest. Most other places I've posted this to dole out nothing but positivity, it's nice getting an honest to god critique.

The next version will have everything but the fixes and the de-localization stuff tucked away in the extra pack, promise.

That's a reasonable solution for everyone I think

The way I see it, it's fucked up, but that's nintendo's fault.

One moment you fuckers are like "they changed and/or censored shit in the translation?! absolute heresy! *BLAM*"
And now you fuckers are all "he changed this character(s) to male/female to match the original, while I'M around?! absolute heresy! *BLAM*"
Make up your fucking minds.

No, you make up your fucking minds.

I have: whether or not I like the writing/intention, I do not believe in any way that original idea should be tarnished for whatever reason. Sure it might've been necessary for the ESRB rating, but if a hack changes it back the way it was, I'm not complaining.

Nothing like that man, really appreciate what you're doing
I'd suck your cock if I ever get tye chance to repay you

Yeah, that's basically what I was talking about. The sheer volume of these (1) retards coming out, specifically to say that shit, is staggering. It's unnatural and honestly seems a bit forced. As if someone linked this thread to some cucklands.

Personally, I don't really give too much shit about some simple sprite recolors, but I can understand the uproar. If the OP is trying to approach 100% JP similarity, then it needs to be pretty damn uniform. Either go full JP as much as possible, or don't bother.

OP here, that wasn't me, haha
Guess I ought to namefag to avoid confusion.

You know we have ID's, right?

You don't need to do that. You already have an ID.

Make Vivian a girl. The Holla Forumstards are only saying "BUH-BUT YOU'RE DOING IT TOO!!!" because they're afraid of having her be female.

I've had a theory that a lot of the posts that people would think are from Holla Forums are some sort of false flagging attempt. That or there's some real retards from Holla Forums, which while possible doesn't explain how it happens in like every other thread I visit. It doesn't help that some retard bites the bait. Or maybe they're the false flag? Fuck, I dunno, maybe it's just everyone is retarded, it would explain how everyone thinks the quality of the board is going down and complains about it, yet still posts here and doesn't make quality threads apparently.

No, you don't, that's why we have IDs.

ah, welp
shows what I know about Holla Forums, haha

Well we can still keep it in kind for future threads. It's not a good idea to use a name right now, but if someone mentions TTYD+, well he's prepared.

Do you ever wonder what yoshi eggs smell like?

That may be so. I browse Holla Forums quite frequently, and I can definitively say that all these shitposts aren't written in their style. There's some weird fuckery going down.

He doesn't need to do that. I can accept that the japs wanted a trap boipucci.

It only bothers me because I actually liked the character and had a ragin hard on for her when I first played the game

Since you're making versions other than the ones completely faithful to the japanese version (like an undub), why not make a one where Vivian still remains a girl?
At least that'll get people to stop whining

Not when the Mad Libs are so afraid of us, that they're resorting to trying to derail the thread. See for proof that they're intimidated.

I don't visit Holla Forums much, but it does seem like they're attempting to be edgy and what people think Holla Forums is supposed to be like. If I recall there was one similar incident on /tg/ where someone did nothing but start shit pretending to be from Holla Forums, but the rest of the incidents was just people being dumbasses. Keep an eye out, maybe next meta thread bring up this idea.

So what you're implying is that Vivian was a convincing trap.

Reminder that "edgy" is "cuck" for the left wing.

Hating transhits isn't "edgy".

Nice try, but I'm not a Holla Forumsfag
I was just stating that since this guy is making optional edits (extra beeps and boops); he might as well make a version where Vivian is a girl. That'll stop the shitposting, at least

No shit, I was accusing you of being afraid of us. Learn reading comprehension.

yes

Sure as hell fooled me. Imagine my disappointment when I heard Vivian was a trap.

I'll consider it. For this version, I tried to condense everything into just two mods. With the first version of the mod, I tried making it customizable, and it was an enormous pain in the ass implementing it. Even after I had the complete mod made, making all the variants added an extra month or two to the development. Then when it released, there was a lot of confusion regarding how to install the mod, what was in the different files, etc. etc.
When I started working on 1.1, I had the choice to either go into each variant of the mod and edit it piece by piece (which would have taken way too goddamn long) or just put the basic, mostly-faithful-to-the original stuff in one mod, and the misc. stuff in the other. I didn't think to put the retooled textures in the extra mod, because I'm a dingus.
Maybe version 1.2 will have some of the customization back. We'll see what happens.

Said the faggot who is defending a romhack where the author is just taking the english translation and applying his own headcanon and a few tidbits from shit like the mario wiki to it.

Posts like this make me hate that Holla Forums exists even more.
First you can blame anything you don't like on them
Secondly I'm starting to suspect that all these posters are from /leftpol/ and they're false flagging to make Holla Forums look like spergs.
They're like /int/ / Holla Forums because the exact same fucking thing happened with them. Anons blamed any shitposting they didn't like on /int/ and then /int/ started falseflagging to get people annoyed with anti-/int/ posters. Except where /int/ fucked off to another website after a while I don't think Holla Forums is going anywhere so this is just fucking going to continue

I'm not Holla Forums anything. You don't need to be to not want "progressive" shit like trannies in your games.

That's one thing I consider especially bullshit.

Unless she actually 100% magically transformed from a boy as if there never even was one, then I refuse to accept what sounds like blatant libtard propaganda.

I'm defending Holla Forums you shitposter.

It's not going to get any better until Holla Forums does something fucking retarded to get themselves removed from the site. Or do something embarrassing to get them shitposted to death. I had a fucking terrible idea where Holla Forums basically locks itself down for a day and tells everyone to go to Holla Forums. It wouldn't do anything good but if everyone actually did it it would be hilarious.

Then why do you like Mario in the first place? It's had trannies since 2 US, and it's pretty canon if you check Captain Rainbow.

Then don't talk like a Holla Forumsfag, holy shit.
I change my mind, keep outing yourself as a Mad Lib.

There's very few changes he made that were done so strictly under his own headcannon, such ast he bubu shit which he has rescinded on.

The vast majority of the rest of his changes are either faithful to the jp version, or were made under the (strange) logic of being more in-line with the rest of the Mario games. I don't agree with that, but it's not him just making shit up.

In short, you're a complete garbagecan and should lick my dick. The fucking gall of you, trying to be on the same level as a human being, offends me.

Fuck off back to Holla Forums, you clearly have no idea what Holla Forums is actually like, quit false flagging them.

That was originally in a game from 2004

Also where did I say you were from Holla Forums? In fact I implied that you might actually be from /leftpol/ and are falseflagging.

I can't fucking wait.

Good rebuttal.

Shit like this is why I suspect falseflagging

Guys, enough derailing with this autistic board wars shit.

So you're from tumblr then, got it.

and is getting a current year update to add progressive shit in.
I said i wasn't from any Holla Forums, not just regular Holla Forums you dipshit, next time learn to read.

Fucking reddit spacing faggots, you two
clearly have no idea
how to fit in.

Mind the filters, my man.

Welcome.

It was in the Japanese version already you retard. NoA changed it like they changed head patting, crosses, and all kinds of other shit over the years. It's not an update, it's what the original context was. Now, this guy has done other retarded shit to the game, so I can understand how you might assume that he just changed it because he's a libtard, but it's just a case of the original game making a joke out of a tranny, but less harsh than Birdo was.

You're right, you're not from anywhere, you're a newfag, and probably underage

Is trans even the right word? I thought trans meant someone who has undergone surgery to butcher their genitals. Couldn't Vivian just be crossdressing or some shit?

Calm down, you fucking kid.

There's no evidence that vivian was ever not a boy, and japan does have an obsession with effeminate boys, so it would just be trap or crossdresser.

Vivian is exclusively female name meaning it can't be a trap.

What, does that have to be surgically grafted on too?

Who gives a man a woman's name?

There's things far worse than just having a girls name. I know there's at least one kid out there named "Apple", and there was that Redditor who named his son "Dovahkiin" in exchange for free videogames.

It's not unheard of to have an unusual name, especially not in fictional stories.

Someone who wanted a girl, among countless other possibilities

Or it's just an assumed name

Someone who knew how rough the world is and wanted his son to grow up tough enough to survive in it.

"Kero Kero" -> "Krr Krr"

"Ribbit Ribbit" -> "Rrrrrbt Rrrrrbt"
"Chirp Chirp" -> "Chrr Chrr"
English cricket Noises sound a little bit more like Japanese frog noises than English frog noises do, that's all.

I haven't played it in years, how significantly different is it? All it seems is just a few text changes.

Well done.

I was playing through ttyd recently anyway and used the 1.0 patch and yes, nothing of any importance changes. Not really much to improve on anyway. Now if you want to see a user mod for a game that shakes things up off the top of my head I can remember the valkyria chronicles rebalance mod. That was like playing a totally different game.
Perhaps the issue is that ttyd is pretty much perfect for what it is already?

Thought so. You're right that there isn't much to improve but good on modders for trying to make it as close to the original but I'm more interested in the HD texture pack than this. With Dolphin pretty much figured out, is it possible we'll Gamecube game mods such as Sunshine and Luigis Mansion?

fug

Can't you just play it on an emulator then

Buy a Wii (one with the GC ports) they're super-cheap. You can also use Nintendont if you can't find a GC controller, use one for a PS3 or something.

ttyd is almost entirely playable on keyboad+ mouse. The only parts where there is any diffiulty at all are when you need to spin l-stick to do super hammer and super jump, which are just done with normal a press/hold left in battle. It still works but it is tedious to do for the half a dozen or so boxes and jumps you need it for.
Otherwise there are converters for GC controller to pc, x360 controllers work natively with winos and ds3 controllers work perfectly fine with the scp pseudo-drivers

Where do you think you are?

What do you think it's referring to, then? What is more likely than a simple typo or mistranslation?

Boos are sluts if they can stop being shy.

Then find out what the original line in the JP version is and change it to that, don't just assume things and then change it to something that has nothing to do with anything.

Is that 1st pic from a doujin?

Most paper mario characters seem to be that way.

Whoops, didn't refresh in time to see your post. Not as far as I know.

POST MORE SHYSLUTS

POST MORE GOOMBELLA

ALSO THIS

you have to go back

Parents naming their son Kelly, Ashley or Susan…

I love the internet.

It's OP's fault. If he wanted a good thread he should have never mentioned vivian's dialogue. That was just asking for shitposting.

Nah fuck that, censorship is for losers.

I think that's the first thing that comes to anyone's mind about TTYD's censorship

Then this thread was doomed from the start.

What's happening to my dick?

I know we don't like talking about this stuff here, but so you know, trans just refers to someone who identifies as a gender they don't have the chromosomes for. The surgery isn't necessary. Or possible in the Mario universe, probably.

I'm very disappointed the piranha gal design didn't get more love.

ayy lmao

This thread has terminal seven

good show of autism op, I'll probably download your patch at some point, but kek says you're wrong on this count

Dank OC, user. Thanks.

I should edit out the website honestly.

Oh hey look what I found

They're even better dubs, too

I JUST WANT TO UPLOAD AN MSPAINT EDIT OF A BAD WEBCOMIC MADE INTO A PAPER MARIO SHITPOST

u.nya.is/ngqrpp.png

You talking about this?

No, I just took the bottom bit off of the final product you gave me and erased what text was left, but it wasn't letting me upload it because of some arcane server error I'd never seen before. Thanks for the template, though.

You know, paper mario ttyd was a dark game.

Oh, hey, if the guy who did the work on this mod is still here, your next project should be to edit the shadow queen's dialogue back to its japanese tone. She's not very evil in the japanese version, she's more blase and direct.

I've considered that, yeah. Maybe in the next version.

Hey buddy, I'm gonna bump your thread. Have been able to make a patch to change textures and such, or not yet?

Bless you

Working on the new version as we speak. It's gonna have the new designs moved into its own mod, more accurate translations, and some new extras. Dunno when to expect it to be finished, but hang tight.

I'm asking if you're going to be able to have Xdelta patch the textures INTO the .iso, if possible. I would love that! They seems accurate enough to work in the actual hardware.

By the way, have you been able to fix the red eye and the dead toad yet? I wonder if you can just replace the US model with the JP one. Hmmm….

This is fucking retarded.
She's a fucking trap you doublenigger.
I am tolerant of this.
But this seems like it may be an obscure reference we simply haven't figured out, and should not be pointlessly removed unless it wasn't in the Jap version.

I thought it was making fun of how goofy the Shadow Sirens are. They're trying to roleplay as a trio of sisters, and they aren't going to let the fact that Vivian is a guy get in the way of that. One is short and ugly, and makes up for it by being a sneaky bitch. One is fat and stupid, and makes up for it by being powerful. There's only one that passes for being female without being hideous, and actually comes off as a nice person, and that's the dude in drag.

Then again I haven't played TTYD in ages, so I might be wrong.

He's a trap

Spot on

Explain.

Holy fuck this thread

This is pointless and stupid. They're swoopers. If the hack was made before NSMB this change wouldn't even be up for debate.
Why?
Seriously, fucking why?

In fact, screw the greentexting. This entire fucking post is pointless changes for no good reason except maybe "Spiky" to "Spiked".

My main complaint is the above. A bunch of anti-fag-faggots are just assblasted that Vivian was a trap in the JP version. One of them even said Treehouse changing her was a good thing. Gotta love that doublethink.

To each his own, honestly. You can use individual hacks. You knew that right? While OP /is/ autistic, he was also kind enough to have you choose your type of mod from the zip file. Don't like "Swoop"? That's totally fine. You can choose another one!

Ah, that's actually in the works! I've been in touch with someone who's developing a program that can replace textures within the .iso itself. the only hurdle is that the textures lose all transparency. if he can figure out how to import transperent png's, we're golden.

I thought it was you either get the texture pack with all color changes or no texture pack?
These two things are good changes. But I doubt he created a separate texture pack for them. And the Swooper -> Swoop name change would be text change, not a texture change, so I doubt it's optional at all. Note that I'm not talking about the optional Hawk Hogan mod. Correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

Mostly just cuz I could. I started the mod as a de-localization patch, but as I got more accustomed to modding it, I started adding stuff to it. My mistake was combining the new stuff with the faithful-to-the-JP-version stuff. That will be remedied in the next version, promise.

Then you are not a faggot and you have all my support.

That was the case in the first version of the mod, which had a lot more customization options. I tried to streamline the second version, but did it in the most dumbass way possible, with all the updated designs in the main pack. It'll be fixed in ver 1.2.

Aha! The Bubu thing *was* a mistranslation. Turns out, Bubu-san is the Japanese name for Lil' Oinks. This'll be fixed in the next version.

I didn't mean to shit on op with one post. I just wanted to know at the beginning. Should have said thanks for fixing it.

God bless your limitless autism, user.

Triggered, and shitposting are two different things.

None of the changes are actually of any importance.

Ave duplae