Counter Strike General: DUST II IS KILL EDITION

Other urls found in this thread:

johnsto.co.uk/design/making-dust2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How retarded can Valve be?

WHAT? LOL

Dust2? LMAO

FUCKING KEK

Holy shit. Valve's e-sport skin monopoly is fucking dead. E-sports in general are going to go the way of RTS' after everyone sees this shit fall apart. This is what happens when you replace all your staff with SJWs and Australians. Valve literally has no fucking clue what they're doing anymore. This is only a few years after their attempts to grow, via console gaming, have fucking flopped.

How long until steam fucking dies?

fucking kill yourself

if you're going to at least present an argument don't use the fucking shit hes using.

Are you triggered? Do you need your safe space?

Just play 1.6 (or Source if you need "muh graphics"). GO is absolute trash.

de_dust2 was always inferior to the original de_dust. I rapidly lost interest when it became the only map everyone wanted to play, but that was well before GO.

They're remaking Dust 2 for some fucking reason, don't ask me.
I know this because I used to play it, if they remove a map from competitive then it's getting redone.

>inb4

Go suck more kike dick, faggot.

Everything will be white, grey and flat colored because wow bro visual clutter and ease of sight and redditors will defend it, because reddit.com/r/globaloffensive rules the balance and design decisions of the game.
See pics, new inferno and new nuke.
Also, the game has worse 3D audio then Call of Duty and Rainbow Six: Siege, Siege is shit but the 3D audio in it is really good.

Also here's a video of the new gun sounds, skip to rifles and SMGs in desc.
They all sound the same and suck ass, they changed it for no fucking reason whatsoever.

Whats that? Reddit is shit and Valve fucking sucks as a dev? To hell you say.

Why the fuck are their life rings indoors?

It may have been due to the fact that Dust2 is almost never played during tournaments

Because there's a big ass pool filled with liquid coolant under the glass?

There's water under that glass, that's why I assume.
Oh yeah, they decided to basically kill fake defusing as well, because now you can SEE when the enemy is defusing the bomb because 2 cords appear and you hold something for the period that you defuse for.

If you fall into nuclear coolant you've got far bigger problems than drowning.

Even more reason to have life rings, then.

I thought they always showed you defusing in CS:GO?

No, you just made a noise.

When I'm getting people like you screaming at me I'm doing something right.

Those are some ugly redesigns, I don't get why they did that to Inferno and the new routes in Nuke are trash

Nope just a noise, so some people would crouch over the bombsite and bait the enemy into coming out to try and stop the defuse.

Well you can still do that, to see if the enemy is defusing you need to see each other.

People complained about the gun sounds not sounding like Source at launch too. I think they changed it to make it more compatible with the new sound setting they put in. The only one I actually think needed a change was the AK, it was always too fucking loud.

Actually nuclear reactor pools are pretty safe provided the rods are deep enough in the water. Every 7 centimeters of water cuts radiation exposure in half. There was an accident in Switzerland in 2010 where a guy removed an unknown piece of debris from a pool that turned out to be highly radioactive, but the water prevented him from getting a fatal dose.

Nigger, water is used because it absorbs the radiation so well. There is literally no harm swimming in the water unless you act like a dumb ass and touch something you aren't supposed to. They actually hire people to dive in and clean around the containment area, making sure that there aren't any cracks.

Shit taste fam, but you can still check my dubs if you'd like

I play CSGO with friends occasionally for shits and giggles, we only queue for Militia, Assault, Office, Aztec, Vertigo etc. All the popular maps like DII and Inferno are ass and boring, hostage is the superior gametype, and the Scout is still the best gun.

Hostage isn't fun and Assault is pure cancer, I don't know why it hasn't been abandoned yet.

I love the Scout too, but Hostage maps are fucking gay, at least for ranked matchmaking. For casual 64 player server shittery they are fine.

So you have fun from going into random matches in a shitty game and trying to get attention from 12 year old kids? That is pretty pathetic.

Got tired of trolling the overwatch thread?

Most of the faggots running this board are steam/moba/csgo faggots. So get use to it. You should have seen the meta thread yesterday. This place is actually cuckchan 2.0

I am sure your quality posting is what will make this board great again. Now fuck off.

Just because the mods are faggots, it doesn't mean you don't have to lurk some more.

That's some powerful projection there mate. God forbid we wanted to have a thread complaining about CS:GO's shitty updates.

What sound setting?

The HRTF sound setting, supposed to provide more realistic directional sounds because it tries to modify it in a way that replicates how the sound would bounce through your ear canal in the real world.

Only problem is that everyone's ear canal is different, thus for perfect results you need a custom sound model for it to work with, but you can approximate it decently enough for everyone most of the time.

Oh this is pretty nice, I wonder when we're getting true sound simulation in games.

It's not even a matter of hurr durr just dont buy them, valve has proven time and time again they only care about making money of it and they have no idea how to balance it (or any game), why would you want to discuss it
mfw

We had it in the 90s but then Creative sued it into oblivion. We had a thread about it recently.

And people wonder why the game isn't getting new players, only keeping a dedicated playerbase.

Non-Prime matchmaking is mainly people on alternate accounts who don't care about their rank, usually completely silent and ineffective. The minority are screaming children trying to make autistic YouTube videos.

Assuming you only played competitive matchmaking and ended every match with a score of 10-16, it would take 100 matches to get Rank 21.
The average match lasts 45-70 minutes.

Prime Matchmaking was created to keep alternate accounts, proven cheaters, and toxic players not interested in a competitive environment out. And if you're just buying CS:GO today, you're more than welcome to join after about 75 hours of gameplay and giving Valve a cell phone number.

Well I'd assume it's a general to keep it open to whatever people want to mention, because there's only so much that can be said about D2 being taken off the rotation.

Should have done the math before posting.
You'd have to win 21 comp games to get Prime Matchmaking. That's egregious, but with a full team it would take about a week.
21 comp games with non-prime randoms? See you next month.

Not this shit again, I have been a player since the beta, I should not be subject to this crap Valve you jew niggers.

The introduction of Prime Matchmaking was quite a while after the introduction of Ranks, so longtime players wouldn't have to play a single non-prime game, assuming they attached their phone numbers the day the system was added.
It's new players that this fucks over.

I blame the russians for not being able to contain their cheating so much.

They didn't take dust eleven out of competitive, they just took it out of the default pool. It still has the lowest queue time of any map. CSGO has really driven the point home that Valve cares primarily about maximum esports jewing.

Okay, I can understand Nuke but Inferno is absolutely fucking excellent. Are these the same retards who can't differentiate between the new gun sounds and think GO was even playable (let alone worth playing) before updates?

I didn't care much for Inferno back when CS:GO was brand new but once I entered some of the top ranks I started to love it, both T and CT side it didn't matter for me.

Nuke is one of the best maps, so is Inferno.

Yeah. But his hand and arm were highly irradiated.
This was a nuclear diver.

CS map design as usual is retarded because pool reactors never generate electricity yet there are huge cooling towers outside :^)

I said he didn't get a fatal dose. I didn't say he was free of radiation.

Old Nuke was one of the best, nuNuke is genuine garbage.

Russian cheating is a huge problem for sure, but they're caught easily and banned in waves. The problem is that it's very easy to come back, and Valve does nothing to keep convicted users out. They profit from this directly, every account banned means a new $14.99 license will be purchased, and since a Steam user can not own two licenses of a game, they'll have to make a new Steam account as well, boosting the "size of their community." It's absolute inflation that means nothing, but looks good to investors/developers, similar to viewbotting.

What we're seeing now is private cheats developed by English speaking communities, and it's recently been proven that anyone can modify a mouse or keyboard's on-board memory to inject a .dll, which gives reason to suspect any player who prefers to use their own mouse and keyboard as opposed to the ones provided by tournaments/LAN events. I don't think it's a stretch to assume that's 99.99% of players.
A user could also inject cheats into a custom map (popularly repurposed as "warmup"/"aim training" maps) that they'd be permitted to use before the start of a match.
Even on a professional level, cheating in CS:GO has reached a critical mass.
Organizations could regulate what tech can be used, satisfying a minority of users, or anti-cheat detection could improve, not that an outsider would have any reason to believe in it.

The game is pretty much dying off slowly at this point, or at least the appeal is.

I should probably cancel my ESEA sub at this point. It's been getting a whole bunch of shitters thanks to streamers promoting it, and lowered the overall skill level of the player base dramatically.

I didn't imply you said any of that. No need to get aggressive here, bud.

Old nuke is best nuke. I'm just glad valve keeps their filthy paws from CS:S and source is never patched. CS:S is the height of the CS franchise. From here on out? It's only down hill, no doubt about it.

Cheating from a software perspective is impossible to counter. Undetectable hardware cheats like hardware memory debuggers or packet sniffers are undetectable. You can write kernel hypervisors or run CS:GO in a virtual machine and get the same results.

Time and time again, it has been shown that physical security is a must before software security! Considering that gaming PCs are owned by the end user and he has physical access, it is thus impossible to prevent cheating other than playing a cat and mouse game.

The only way to stop cheating is to write better games, ones that don't need anti-cheat because cheating is impossible due to the inherent problem design of the game. Like programming games, chess/igo or even RTSs with server-side fog of war.

There's people writing AIs for Starcraft as an exercise and a contest that pits all AIs against eachother, constantly, 24/7. You can't cheat at that.

note: I consider things like breaking a jail by a Starcraft AI to not be cheating, as that's a security exploit.

That being said, I found this nice article on the making of Dust and it could perhaps turn this thread around.
johnsto.co.uk/design/making-dust2/

Wasn't aggressive, just reaffirming my statement.

interesting point on 8/v/?
i wasn't ready

Overwatch is another popular FPS game where cheating is much less common, and also punished in a more permanent way. Do you think it's merely a lack of demand for cheats that keeps Overwatch more legitimate on a game-by-game basis?

Counter-Strike has always had an extra layer of attraction for cheaters. Something about it's competitive structure just makes it that much more inciting.

The reason why overwatch has a lot less cheaters is because a single cheater can't carry his whole team.
In CSGO, you can.

why auto-aim in a game designed for consoles anyway?

counter strike? more like….

counter FIFE haha

You Tried.jpg

Does anyone here have prime matchmaking? Is it worth grinding out the levels to get?

I tried it, nothing special about it.

No, there's still full on spinbots in prime. Although smurfs are less likely.

CSGO is good if you want to mess around a bit. I particularly like the Arms Race mode.
That and its fucking great for slowly earning money by selling items to people who actually are willing to pay for them.

It's worth it if you're really bothered by smurfs. However, there are still cheaters in prime, not just as common

Game has probably paid for itself by now

you mean +left in console?

Counter-Strike is dead and the die it died was when Valve set out to make it into a cashgrabbing husk of a game tbh

No you dumbdumb.
I mean full on spinbot hacks.

GET OUT

Pretty much and thats not even counting the more valuable skins i got from a guy on my friends list.
I think that is partially the reason CSGO has its popularity. Its because you can earn steam money with it and some more serious traders even trade skins for legit money.

If all 3 of its main versions are still being played by many, if there are still a bunch of 1.6 servers constantly populated, and if pretty much all internet cafes and such still have people coming together to play C 1.6, then it sure as hell ain't dead.

>that fucking kike

actually you probably won't meet spinbots until you hit LE
that's probably why you don't know about them

at the lower ranks all you will see is wallhacks

(checked)
not to mention all those cosmetics lowered the overall FPS of the game
they should've at least introduced an option to disable them

Oh, I know about them. It's just that 90% of the time someone else mentions "spinbot" they're just talking about a guy spinning around in spawn.

So out of these pics i only know bill gates, am i living in happy bliss?

You don't know who Harrison Ford is?

You should at least recognize Han Solo.

Well until you said his name i knew he was the dude from indiana jones and star wars

What about The Conversation and The Fugitive, what about Bladerunner?

here come the warm salts

How has the game improved in the last year, all I hear about is gloves and paid sprays.
The fuck is valve doing?

The only noteworthy thing I can think of is the HRTF sound setting.

Wait, also the improved tap firing should be mentioned too.

So it's still absolute garbage?
Wew.

Valve made no updates of note to anyone who doesn't already follow the game in 2016, it was all micro-transaction stuff.
Dota 2 got a ton of attention from its devs, so if CSGO doesn't get the same amount of support throughout 2017, me and my team are out.
Lately we're having much more fun with Rocket League, but it doesn't scratch the same itch.

They made some improvements to it and it's not bad. Valve also bought the company that developed it.

I'll have to give it an honest try sometime soon. I really haven't played much CS:GO in over a year.

I'm starting to see actual cuckchanners here as of late on Holla Forums when it comes to discussing shit. Even if the game is shit there's no harm in blasting it still.

Nobody fucking cares faggot.
Get out.

You're the reason the board ID numbers are dropping. We came here to bitch about CS:GO, you came here to bitch about bitching.

You and your team should be out of this board, go to reddit or something.

Mine in that list wouldn't have existed if the posts they replied to hadn't been worthless shitposts as well. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Replying to a shitpost extends the conversation, lowering overall quality.
Reddit had upvotes, we have (You).

Thanks again for stating the obvious. Here's something else that's obvious, it at least bumps the thread in the hopes that a non-shitposter comes in and continues the real conversation.

A good example would be who ignored the shitposting and actually added on to the fact that HRTF has been further developed since first implemenation.

The past six replies are off-topic. This is known as derailing.
Chan culture is sub-human at best.

Holy mother of fedora-tipping autism.
And then the valvedittors don't know why they have to get the fuck out.

You do realize you are extending it with each of your own replies right? How about you take your own advice and we can get back on topic.

all me tbh

You're right, I've shouted into the void enough. See you in another 6 months, assuming this site is still powering the wheelchair the farm.

Here's his deleted autism.

My biggest gripe in my 1800 hours of gameplay has always been that the guns feel so unreliable. Almost downright random. Every shot in CS:S I've ever made felt like it hit or missed because I was either on or off point. CS:GO makes you miss shit for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Some of it was hit detection bugs that did finally get some fixes over the years, but it's still far too inconsistent. I don't know exactly what is wrong but it's obvious that there is some underlying fuckery in place still that probably dates back to it's original development as a 360 port of CS:S being made by Hidden Path Entertainment. There should also be an investigation into the mouse movement code because I swear it's the only Source game that feels like aim is ever so slightly laggy and it screws up headshot placement.

The most reliable shots in CS:GO come from AWPing, but there are way to many players in matchmaking that want to AWP so I rarely would do it because I don't want to play on a team of AWPers.

CS:S hitboxes are hueg, that's why you think the guns are more reliable there.

They are pretty big, but they aren't that outrageous in my opinion. Even CS:GO's smaller hitboxes don't explain why your shots randomly will decide to fuck off into the void.

You post phoon as if there is something wrong there.

Yes there is, with the hitboxes and hit detection of CSS. He's getting headshots left and right while rarely putting his crosshair on their heads.

It was recorded from demo footage, and demo footage is never a perfectly accurate representation of what happened. The cursor position always tends to lag behind where the player was really aiming as the game was live. I've messed with a shitload of demos, this flaw becomes apparent pretty quickly.

Do you not understand how old Source demos worked?
That shit is still stupidly broken and unreliable to this day.

That's because, even when you're standing 100% still, there's still a RNG factor on most guns.

I know there's randomization, but there are plenty of times where the range between you and the hitbox you are aiming at is short enough that even the most random result should still put the bullet on the target, and instead you get nothing. Altimor's lag compensation bug fix a while back helped with this but it's still not perfect.

Hard times for valvedrones.

my maaaan

You've already lowered the quality by posting in here with stupid shit and saging like it's a fucking downvote.

Lurk more, newfriend.

Every map on that game is a remake

The whole game is a shitty remake so no shit that the maps would also be remade

Never change, you dumb fucking autists.

Retarded enough to remove the worst map in the game from an otherwise good queue, apparently.

That's fucking hilarious

IM NOT HACKING OR HAVE ANY HACKS RUNNING YOU FUCKERS!!!
in the mean time there are fucking littral hackers everywhere on compet that dont get kicked!

Silver is where the comfy is tbh.

fuck silver

It's the one good thing Valve has done to this fucking shitshow in a long ass fucking time.

The only map i ever play is dust2.

seriously why did everyone wanted to play dust2
actually liked that one hostage map a while back with the wide open field the treehouse that lagged the server and while being a decent sniping map and shits and giggles close combat crap

I fucking hate inferno, i hate how the map looks, i hate how the map plays, i hate how its fucking cramped. Fuck inferno and fuck anyone who likes inferno.

You know back in the day (the day that ended the same day faggots like you started playing videogames), the only "rank" you had was the fucking scoreboard and the wave of "gg"s and whining enemy team members after you topped it at the end of a round.
And HLStatsX.

Fuck off cocksucker, if you want to go back to those days than fuck off back to 1.6

Because it's the closest thing to a "balanced" map that CS actually has. Mind you "balanced" is not necessarily a direct improvement due to both teams playing both T and CT any given match.

They need to rotate lots of maps that people are unfamiliar with into the mix on a regular basis.
Being good at Dust2 only proves that you've practiced it a lot - any monkey can practice.
Being good on a map you've never seen before proves that you're genetically superior at videogames.

AWPfags, very short setup/pre-combat period, easy rotating, very little need for grenades/support purchases, novice-friendly callouts/locations, and being heavily T sided which leads to lots of plants/retakes, and those make for memorable plays/pubstomping that people chase (this also makes up the majority of ASSFAGGOTS addicts as well).
It's not even remotely fun, interesting, or balanced outside of a handful of spaces that have been increasingly buffeted away by 'muh eSport' balancing/streamlining, and Valve's general incompetence with the game.

Dust2 isn't "heavily" T sided and was popular before ASSFAGGOTS was a thing, unless you consider the WC3 mod cancer.

Maybe I should've phrased that as "Ts start with lots of space/route dominance" or something, I can only assume you think I'm referring to map outcome rather than general design and flow. I was also referring to the pubstar lust for 'making plays', which Dust2 is an absolute fucking factory for, especially with its 'competitive' or 'pro' associations; and it's the same general addiction I've seen numerous people follow in ASSFAGGOTS. I can't tell you how many lost friends I've had tell me they're "just searching for the good games" when I ask them why they play something they're so frustrated with.

They should have replaced Dust 2 with Dust 1.

As long as CT controls double doors, that's just wrong. Also once a bomb is planted/about to be planted, the CTs then are able to use that space as well.

If the overall win rates are almost 50/50 then it's balanced.

Then we aren't talking about the same thing clearly. Dust2 isn't a fun pub map but it's a great competitive map.

Dust 1 is fucking garbage, kill yourself

Sometimes i wonder why do i even bother.

Why do people get so mad at casual?

Go back to reddit and ask there.

Is it just me, or does CS:GO seem like an incredibly sterile experience? I played it a few times a couple years ago and it just didn't have the charm that CSS had.

wew
Seriously? That shit was absolutely cancerous and widespread when I quit playing CS 1.6 around 2007/08.

Where do you think we are?

How can you play this cancer game? I am was a die hard cs fan, I got 4k hours spend in cs 1.6 and another 2k in cs:s and even I stopped playing cs:go.

that guy is a noob, the most popular map after dust2 is clearly cache.

cuckchan 2.0