Artificial

Drama or conflict, do you know any games that try to use cheap tactics for the sake of drama or generating conflict? like, you know, killing off chatacters that you barely know but you "have" to relate to one way or another.

Every single western-developed AAA title.

Shit, I never expected it to be that bad.

I don't know of many games that have writing good enough to have any real character at all. In fact, the only time I recall feeling gut-punched by a game is when I got the bad end for The Witcher 3. There was some foreshadowing in the epilogue itself, and it tied up a plot point unaddressed in the main game unless you got this particular ending, and the final scene was just…ugh. Three games, hundreds of hours, and then it ended like that.
So to answer your question OP, pretty much all games use cheap tactics and I can only think of one example that didn't, which is pretty telling.

How about the way Bioware killed off Mordin in ME3? That shit was contrived as fuck.

How did that happen?

Witcher 1 killed off the trainee loser witcher who had trouble casting signs because he broke his fingers. With a fucking crossbow. Man, there were only like 4 or 5 of them left, and they killed off the only potentially interesting character to give the main character a reason to slaughter thousands.

At least they gave him a grave in the 3rd game, I guess.

uh, user, Geralt was sent to Vizima to gather information on the Order of the Salamandra because they ransacked Kaer Morhen and stole their magical book about potions or some shit. That they killed what his name was just salt in the wound.

Nah, man, Geralt didn't care about the magic book. What's his name's death really changed the guy.

Mankind Divided and the Augs being expies for niggers. Now that I think about it, the conflict in Human Revolutions was equally contrived and retarded.

Sounds very retarded indeed, I just wonder how could they have so many difficulties adjusting ME3 endings for variety when most choices seem to be so meaningless anyway.

Bioware's shit is gonna show up a lot in this thread I just know it

Don't forget the majority of jRPGs.

Nier
Drakengard
Drakengard 2 (this part)
Ar noSurge
Root Letter
Digital Devil Saga
Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha 1 & 2
.Hack//G.U. Trilogy

Fate/Extra got me a couple times Alice part always hits me…
Kinda cared with Fate/Extella, not as much as the others though since it felt like a fanfiction of a fanfiction.

That was in ME2 though. I remember playing that and I didn't play ME3.

Everything after and including the Mumcar fight at the Valley of Swords on Xenoblade 1. The entire game after that point was face slappingly bad writing with bullshit plot armor constantly shoved in your face.

Japanese games are retarded

Mordin only dies in ME2 if you're retarded and fuck up the final mission

Anyways, what happens on 3 if you let everyone die? Do you go straight to fight the legend Marauder Shields?

It's not the final mission, but I remember the final mission does kill off your crew. The guy who invented the genophage turns the machine off and gets killed in the process.

Are Marauder Shields from the "You can play more shit with Shepard as DLC!" mission(s)?

No, Bioware isn't that clever. If your squadmates die in ME2 but they're supposed to have a plot-essential appearance in ME3, then they're just replaced with a new character who is almost exactly like them in every way.

For example, if Mordin died in ME2, then his role is taken on by a "Not-Mordin" named Padok Wiks. If Wrex died in ME1, he's replaced by Wreav. If Legion died in ME2, he's replaced by a generic Geth AI.

That was in ME3.

I don't know man, if the game wasn't made by cucks and you could play as a really good father I would have been pissed as fuck that she got killed. Unfortunately, that's not the case and her death meant nothing to me.

Two good examples would be The boss on MGS and [WARNING: ACTUAL GAME SPOILER AHEAD] Pacifica Ocean on MGSV.

That was in 2 I played the goddamn game on the 360!

what? no mordin lives through ME2. He can die, but he can live.

The closest thing I can think of in ME2 was Mordin's loyalty mission, where you hunted down a rogue scientist who was attempting to cure the genophage, and you could kill him or let him go. But the "sacrificing himself to remove the genophage" thing was in ME3.

What the fuck is wrong with you

I barely knew her, I can get choked up for the fact that an aryan loli dies, but I can't connect to Joel as the developer wants me to, is a cheap death, is not like say, having Clem die in TWD season 2 for example.