Duke thread

Can we have a Duke thread?
Everyone loves Doom, we know that, but can the King get some love?
Any of ya'll Duke fans in here?

What are your favorite maps/mods? Weapons? Episode?
Other Douk games are cool too so feel free to talk about em.

NAH

I feel so bad for the king, after 3D his series was so horribly mismanaged, and it still is to this day.

BAZINGA

When will Holla Forums admit duke nukem is based on david duke?

you din't even posted the dough nookem version of it

BIZBAPPO

pls false flag somewhere else Holla Forums

I love the game OP but the Level editing for the Build Engine because of its eccentric design is still to this day garbage so their are not many great mods or maps for the game.

Blood>Doom>Shadow Warrior>Duke>Hexen>Strife>Heritic>all other fps
Never heard of Magic Carpet looks like garbage. Maybe if you said Descent instead your post would have had a bit more credibility. :^)

It's a real shame that Duke had to end up with the such incompetent devs I mean Duke is such a simple concept to get right. it's like gear box is trying to fuck it up in every way possible.

but anyway I guess I can reminisce about the good times
I grew up playing Duke Nukem 64.

Yes the game was censored but it's pretty cool that it had it's own weapons and one part of censorship that wasn't bad IMO was that duke can actually save babes by teleporting them away to safety.
I like that much better then having no options other then leaving them or killing them.

Also you ever notice that Johnny bravo and Duke Nukem are the same Character only the world they live in treats them differently.

Didnt that also have a different graphics engine? I find it interesting how some games back then when ported ended up playing much differently besides just resolution options.

it was different hardware, meaning the code had to be written from scratch. It was written for the Core engine by Eurocom and supervised by 3D Realms. Porting games in the 90's was entirely a different monster.

10/10 post

Blood and Duke3D are some of my favorite FPS games. Love the level design and feel of both of them. I would have to say Shrapnel City is one of my favorite Duke3D episodes and maybe episode 2 or 3 for Blood.

nice

bump for douk

Doom>Duke>OG S.Warrior>Heretic>Hexen>(Magic Carpet eventhoughitsnotreallyanFPS>)Blood>Descent>Catacombs3D>Wolf3D>>>Quack and other 3D true poz
Get it right user.

Didn't that one have explosive shotgun shells? That was pretty comfy IIRC, although the PC edition was better.

I thought Synapse was Blizzard and they changed their names from the former to the latter around the time Blackthorne came out.

LA Meltdown would have been a bit better if it had lingered a bit longer in the urban sections, but that wasn't going to happen seeing as it was the shareware episode. Still that and Episode 3 were solid. Lunar OTOH was fairly lackluster and Atomic Edition/Plutonium Pak are basically just 90s meme maps.

Duke 64 had altered levels such as level 2, Red light district was renamed Gun crazy and a Duke burger was added to the level.

Weapons were different and some had secondary ammo. Pistol had 1 hit kill Dumb Dumb rounds, shotgun had Explosive shells and there were Heat seeking rockets.

Webm related is of a mod that tries to make the game as much like 64 as the modder was able but he never finish it he got to 0.9.3. The grenades shells are meant to detonate on impact with enemies or cracks in the wall but they don't.

I meant to tag you but forgot

I do like that rocket launcher, some Lameduke assets there too. Wish they kept those stylized rockets for release.

Despite it's flaws like being censored and having no music,The N64 game was the definitive console port!

Even though it had an extra episode, the PS1 port was ass with poor framerate and a barely playable control scheme.

The Saturn port was better, but I never got a chance to play that version.

First for TTK and Land of the babes were actually great games.

They where Davidson & Associates then changed their names to Chaos Studios when they basically made 3rd Party titles, then changed their name to Silicon & Synapse when they started making their own games and it was when they made Warcraft did they finally settle on the name Blizzard. I just watch the GDC postmortem of Diablo with David Brevik and he was talking about the birth of the company.

duke more like………………… POOP haha :)

the saturn port is great. the n64 port has some questionable decisions beyond just the censorship.

But the N64 port runs smoother and controls better.

The point with Duke Nukem 3D, is that it was actually a perfect experience. Which was kind of double edged, as every other FPS afterwards felt limited and a step back.

One could say Duke happened too early in the genre's lifetime, but it's not like it was ignored or a sleeper hit: gamers did love the game, it was the market who followed the shekels of consolization and cinematic experiences. You need talent and spirit to make the next Duke game, which in my opinion could only ever happen in Japan at this point.

But at least Duke is still faggot free, as numales weren't around in its heyday and now consider it sinful anyway.

lol

I actually like the build games that came after Duke more

Play the mods

That's like saying Doom is bad because nuDoom happened. Current year generation doesn't know Duke 3D.

The game yeh but the voice actor was always a numale

Hexen is garbage, though.

Lunar Apocalypse really was the weakest chapter of the game, way too much abstract futuristic maps, only the final levels begin to feel more unique.

Shadow Warrior suffered the same issue, the first maps are some of the best and most recognizable, then it came a rollercoaster of generic mountainside / rocky-dirt maps which comprised of 60-70% of the game. A wasted potential, considering how SW could make maps inspired in famous martial arts / asian-themed movies. Only Blood got it right and gave a consistent experience in level design.

Your opinion is shit

blood was fucking awesome. good story actually had CGI scenes in between the episodes. Weapons were cool, and multiplayer was awesome!

Might as well kill yourself user, you'll never have a voice that could make pussies wet just by uttering "balls of steel".

Fuck off Holla Forums.

What do the Duke Nukem fanboys think of the PS1 game Duke Nukem Time to Kill? It plays like Tomb Rider which means the controls are pretty awful but I quite liked it back in the day.

Come on now.

You know this is Holla Forums not Holla Forums right?

Let it go anons, Duke Nukem is dead and the SJWs killed it.

Honestly, better that way. Unless someone came around that could make a fast fps shooter like 3D that has the same kind of humor and hilarious amount of guns, it'll stay dead. Game Dev's nowadays don't have the fucking balls to try something that would alienate the 'playerbase' Despite the fact this game was 100% targeted towards males and our only hope is some startup or AGD try to take on the task and make something new along the same lines.

For now, I'm alright with the duke being in the grave, the time will come again when his full glory will come back when people stop being fucking pussies and enjoying stories written by the people that made them instead of trying to change them into what they want and believe in.

Not killed. Captured and exploited.
We need some modders like the people who made Trump Doom make a proper canon continuation of Duke's adventures that will blow that shitty ENB and map pack with butchered humor and a pricetag to smithereens.

Reported.
>>>Holla Forums

Duke Nukem 3D on Mega Drive

Echochamber faggot, please leave

You're not needed here, you can leave now. You'd be better off hanging out in Holla Forums.

Congrats, user, you just lvl up! You unlocked new perk:
Use whenever someone points out you are a faggot.

Loved Duke, was probably my first PC game or at least the first FPS, even before Doom.
I replay the vanilla version from time to time (or the Megaton Edition on steam). This is my first time playing a mod of any sort and it's… interesting. The way enemies tend to level up along with you and then one-shot you is not all that fun, but hey, I get to wield two shotguns at once.
Hollywood Holocaust will always be my favorite.
Manhattan Project is probably my favorite 2,5D side scroller.

duke bump.

Sadly they do, but more because of the "World Tour" re-release and because of Gearbox's godawful Pax presentation, as well as the fact that the Megaton edition was taken down.

DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS

My bet's on the fact they already have that idea or something like that in mind

I think Randy wanted to bring in a gay cyborg in a new Dook game.

Does anyone have the maps/mods chart for Douk 3D? Can't find it unless its a stupid Google search or something like that.

I'll have to re-upload it latter
welcome to Holla Forums newfriend

you are not welcomed here newfag

This one?

How's it feel knowing that there are people here that don't agree with Holla Forums's views and think they're annoying faggots just like moonman? sage for offtopic

This

Holla Forums and Holla Forums need to both be erased, I want the old glory days of /n/ back.

Based contribution.

Back then i wanted a crossover between duke and lara.

Do your parents know you're a faggot?

ohhhh, scathing. Tell me what tired insult are you gonna throw my way next? That I browse reddit? That i'm a nigger? or maybe even double nigger? How bout just calling me a fucking shill and trying to end the argument there? Maybe you'll say things like 'this user thinks traps are gay' trying to get the bottomfeeders of Holla Forums to try to rally against me? I wanna hear your riveting insults that show you have the intellect of a fucking 5th grader who thinks spouting obscenities without proof or purpose is funny. Sit down and enjoy the Duke in his former glory while we revile the future potential that will be squandered using him. sage for offtopic

Everyone forgets that Jon St. John also voiced the most cancerous character in sonic.
Imagine him saying Duke lines in Big the Cat's voice.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, my good men.

It's actually pretty good, but Land of the Babes is a shit.

Fuck off Holla Forums.

This. Duke lives in an 80s sci-fi action movie and by being somewhat self aware, he can exploit the rule of his world to the point where he can do whatever he wants. Johnny on the other hand, sadly lives in a world not so different from ours and third-wave feminism is on the rise.

What version is this from so I know not get it.

My guess it's probably the "20th Anniversary World Tour" edition, considering that they've added a fifth chapter to the game.

I don't mind, the real problem is that they've removed Nuclear Winter, Duke it out in D.C. and Duke's Caribbean from this version, Megaton is way better.

Not surprising, considering this humorless cuck currently owns the Duke Nukem IP.

why is the Hexen and Heretic series dead? You'd think some parasite would have at least attempted to rape their corpses based on the IP alone.

Also, daily reminder that we are being denied a true open source port of god-tier Blood by the turbo-kikes at Atari.

Having played World Tour the new maps and visuals are nice but theres barely enough new content to justify the higher price tag, its only worth playing if you're a newcomer. I never got to play Megaton but if its like Shadow Warrior Classic Redux it must be good.

I remember one of the creators vaguely hinting that he "found a way", or something vague like that.