Dragon Age Thread

ITT: Why Dragon Age Inquisition was a terribly written game that was quite literally written to appease PC culture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xXVDi15kZvA#t=75
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infertility
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_infertility
axisofevilworldtour.com/ir-excerpt1-arrival.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Especially with Sten's reactions to a female PC in mind, that shit is insane.

But dragon age inquisition had above average solid writing.
What is the problem here i don't see it.

"Why would men ever wish to me women it makes no sense"
"We have a word for that actually and a rich detailed history of that too"

Entry level bait.

Tbh that's pretty irrefutable, also sets the cognitive dissonance going.

Did you love Dragon Age: Origins?

I just feel like I'm going to fall asleep any moment while playing. I think I'm missing out.

DA: O is slow but it's pretty good. The depth is there and the companions are more than "Pick the blue or red dialogue options". Still stat based affections though.

I wish we could exterminate the qunari, too stupid to live

Which Dragon Ages are worth playing?

Origins and only Origins.

2 if you really want to.

dao if you are a brainless Holla Forumsdrone to like old non smooth shit

Da2 if you like linear well controlled story

DaI if you can handle the completionism autism and pick up every flower and do every mini quest else the story is ultra short

When you think about it, the Qunari are clearly meant to be an analogy for Islam. So is it any wonder that by the time of Cisquisition, they introduced that shit about born in the wrong gender in order to present both ideologies as progressive?

If there is one saving grace about DA2 is how Bioware torpedoed its own narrative by portraying the conservative Templars as good guys by accident when all the oppressed minorites turn out to be pieces of shit.

They aren't necessarily religious like the Chantry, since they don't revere a deity. They are like Islamic communists.

Your character always looked like a fag be it fuck boi, butch, bear or dykey.

When women actually get treated like men they fucking shit the bed and meltdown as they realise it's anything but easy, or else go full Femnazi SJW as if they can force society to 'be nice'.

Imagine being so sensitive to offence you actually cry when someone calls you a 'useless cunt' online (or IRL) and it stays with you and makes you act shitty to people from that place FOREVER.

That's the childish way they operate, even some of the older ones who should know better by now. Thin-skinned vindictiveness has no place in the world men work. Women wanting equality means they are subject to the exact same no-blunt-edges rigors that men are and despite their best efforts cannot bitch their way out of it.

They are cucks who worship a retarded book and follow it because they are too dumb to think for themselves

All religious and religious like people should be exterminated for the benefit of the world

Every post a troll. Is cuckchan leaking again?

It's easy to forget but Origins and Awakening where good games.

They are cucks who worship a retarded book and follow it because they are too dumb to think for themselves
All religious and religious like people should be exterminated for the benefit of the world

this is why da2 and cisquisition don't exist in my mind. Don't get me wrong, the first one was also already full on LGBT degeneracy with zevran and that denerim brothel, but it was still tolerable

I didn't like Awakening much but I don't even remember why. It was a little lackluster perhaps? What was it even about? The only DLC I remember liking is the one where you play as Darkspawn, where the main character didn't survive the Gray Warden trials. That was a good one imo

holy shit we truly have been compromised.

That's what I hated the most, they took an axe to the lore just to satisfy their "diversity."

Is this ironic?

Generally the characters are better written.

Party member roundup:
Alister: A complete dork due to a rough childhood and sheltering by the Templars, but when he gets angry, it's impossible to get him out of it until the thing he wants dead is fucking dead.

Morrigan: Basically taught from childhood by her demonic as fuck mother to be untrusting of everyone and everything, and to scorn kindness to others, but kind actions TOWARD her have the opposite effect, and like an abused child she has trouble understanding this effect, even as she falls in love with you.

Leliana: A preist who was once an assassin, with a huge devotion towards the main deity. But is kinda crazy as in Joan of Arc "god literally told me to help you" crazy. However, despite this mental quirk, she's kind as fuck and no violence comes of it.

Ogren: resident party dwarf, but he partied too hard and even his own people banished him for partying too hard

Sten: A giant man with much different beliefs then the rest of the party, who comes from a communist country where everyone is given a job instead of choosing one, so men and women have specific roles. IE Muslim, except that nothing is held back in depiction. He even openly admits that his country will invade yours in the future, but if you become friends with them, he sincerely wishes that he won't see you on the battlefield, because he'd have to kill you. He would, too, he's that devoted and admits that when he has to go back to his country he'll get re-education to reinforce his brainwashing, as a casual thing. Also really likes cookies and confections and wishes he had them in his country. Basically the most accurate depiction of muslims in media.

and the DLC is a female golem who likes stomping pidgeons for pooping on her, and has special interactions in the dwarf dungeon.

There are way, WAY better games out there, but compared to the sequels, Origins may as well be the the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Yes

Oh, and there's Zevran, who's an unapologetic sexual degenerate who is an assassin, but is very cordial and doesn't make advances on you because he actually likes you.

And the main villain is also a party member, but you have to kick out Alister to have him in. He's rather complex as a character when you get him simply because it's clear he doesn't fit in with your party, but not much is explored with this because he's an extremely late game recruit.

How the fuck do we go from Sten the no-nonsense guy who likes swords to the fucking eight foot tall spy omnisexual Bull from cisquisition?

social justice.

so they're shit

Man watching Holla Forumstards get triggered by freedom is so hilarious and sad

u mad, bro?

You forgot grannie and the dog. Wynne ended up being best girl by virtue of the other two being completely obnoxious and/or insane - and for all the "diversity" shit they spewed over the sequels, I don't think they ever had another old person like Wynne.

The dog is a dog.

stay mad Holla Forumstard, i am enjoying new games ;^)

kek ok

Yes. Which says a lot about the sequal games considering their characters are all worse.

Bioware isn't a good company.

damn you are a bit autistic user. You could have at least ip changed to keep it subtle

Wynne was really just a classic granny except a southern one with a gun who doesn't take bullshit and who'd shoot the darkspawn in their toodles.

That is why i am replaying mass errect 2,3 in preparation for andromeda

Maybe the games arent being marketed to dumb Holla Forumstards ;^)

I'm pretty sure at one point he implied that he fucked animals, aside from the extensive list of sexual partners who he killed.

After pushing through da2 with cheats because after one half of the game I just wanted to finish it and be done with it, I quit da. What happens with morrigan, her mother and the child from dao protagonist/alistar? The way they put it on awakening, it sounded like they were cooking something for dai plot but fuck it im not gonna play cisquisition just for that

eh the game is not so bad, it is above average on everything but it's not particulary good on anything

One thing I never understood is why the fuck did they make the mage turn his back around on the 4th/5th auto-attack.
That alone was enough to ruin the entire game for me.

I didn't like DAO at all. It was shit and I couldn't finish it. I don't get the praise, really.
The art direction was awful, with those WoW like armors and weapons that I always hated. The VAs were bad to the point I actually cringed several times during the game, and I'm talking about both party members and random npcs but the random npcs were especially bad.

You guys really suck at this.

what's with the goons/leftypol lately?

Daily reminder that leftypol should be shut down

They've been recruiting from reddit to "take over." They're a cargo cult. They think that because Holla Forums was so influential in the last few months, if they use the same type of board, they can be too. It's a preview of the DNC strategy for 2018/2020, and will be about as effective.

Why? they are fun to laugh at.

Daily reminder that all religious people and drumpf supporters should be executed on spot

This a hundred times. Why did they make mages do pirouettes and fight melee

Nice boogeyman but I'm agnostic you cringy fag

if leftypol is that guy then leftypol is pretty much the entirety of 4chan Holla Forums and Holla Forums
whatever, killing myself now

I just want to fucking discuss vidya. Holla Forums and Holla Forums should just fuck off already every thread is getting derailed as fuck.

Here's my problem with the tranny in DA3 (aside from there being one in the first place) and my problem with all trannies, fags, bi etc IRL:

Why the fuck is it assumed that I want to know *anything* about about what gender they play-act as or who or what they fuck?

I've never cared about once, it's uncouth, unseemly, not something I care to discuss as it has no baring on me, yet it is all they talk about to you and everyone else, loudly.

If some sober guy was bragging about women he'd fucked, I'd think he was boorish, if a woman was bragging about amount of cock she'd had, I'd think she was a slat. Now apply the same to the fag, bi and tranny crowd and all you get is a: "WOOP WOOP I SUCK COCK"/"MY BOYFRIEND *AND* GIRLFRIEND"/"WITNESS MY MANGLED CROTCH"-athon that never ever ends.

In short they are boring on top of being mentally ill.

I know you're baiting, but if they were marketed to anyone other then the minority crazy feminist, they wouldn't shit up the established lore every time they wanted a gay dude.

Theu did the same thing to Mass Effect that they did to Dragon Age, they had a bunch of creative dudes who did a thing, then they booted out half, created a sup-par sequal, then booted out the rest for the 3rd game.

Mass Effect's sequals had a planned storyline that focused around the realistic use of anti-matter, with the final dungeon in the second game being on a nearly collapsed sun. The idea I think was that the military was going to move a few mass relays towards it to send it off towards dark space and destroy a reaper squadron that was heading towards the galaxy.

The main conflict of the base would be reaper forces sent to stop the launch. But instead of having a plot where you literally shoot a collapsed sun at a space squadron, we got Mass Effect 2.

Remember the fucking tranny from BG: Siege of Dragonspear? The game that canonically has a belt of fucking sex change??

That is why Dao and mass errect 1 are both unsmooth shit while mass effect 2 and da2 were linear and beautifully smooth

Yeah sorry, brainless Holla Forumstards and Holla Forums drones cant enjoy new games with progressive themes because they are so fucked in the head they get triggered by sexual freedom.

And no, i am enjoying the games but yeah, i like to laugh at Holla Forumstards who delude themselves in their safe spaces that their hateful autism is normal ;^)

You'd better hope that cancer is terminal user cause this shit is embarrassing.

Didn't Dark Souls 2 do that with the coffin too?

Why would you talk exclusively about that?
Oh, you're one of those retards. You're probably some fenceshitter whos opinion is worth less than a libtard. Politics are vidya, and are much better discussions more often than not, deal with it or fuck off.

Look, when I was a kid I got mass effect 2, I had no affiliation with this place and even then I felt gypped.

It's mainly because they fucked with the game, "streamlined" it when it didn't need that, fucked with the feel, the setting, the characters, it basically felt like a b-movie except not fun.

Mass effect 1 is shit, it is clunky and full of pointless shitty mini customizations, the streamlining in me2 made it great and I have replayed it at least 5 times because of it

The coffin was just a prank by the devs. Beat two fucking cyclops shitheads and what do you get? Sex change!

lol
Obviously. There is one Holla Forums baiting hard here and you stupid shits are swallowing it hard and accomplishing jack shit while the thread keeps going to hell.

???

And now we're in opinion territory.

You're a fool, lad.

Find a fire and die in it

Top Kek

Guess the Holla Forums D&C works

I know that feeling all too well

Lol

How does it feel to follow popular lies?

Appeal to popularity fallacy + ad hominem: The post

You gotta be more subtle with the bait brudder.
While direct baits trigger autismos and rustle jimmies, it's not effective in the long run since they become even more resistant to changing their opinions.
t. Holla Forums pro

Ahahhahahhaah Holla Forumstard literally believes that,FUCKING IMAO

Btw, couldn't you zoom anymore to make it look bigger ;^)

Hey you know since Hilary is the president and all you don't hav-
..have to.

Something as worthless as a drumpg voter can't be saved, death is their only hope

Its kinda true.

Ye

Sometimes I think I'm wasting my life doing stupid shit but atleast I'm not a retard like the d/c shills ITT

That first picture demonstrates a very poor understanding off how tariffs work.

In a situation with no tariffs then supply and demand will meet to produce the equilibrium price that we consider to be a banana. The US buys lots of bananas, and other places do as well. Mexico produces these bananas and tries to sell them. Say they have 100K units of bananas, and the US normally buys 65K of those units, while other places buy 35K of those units. Prior to the tariff, Mexico is going to want to sell these bananas at the maximum profit available, and the US buyers are the ones that decide what price they'll be buying at. Not the Mexican sellers. Sure, Mexico could demand a higher price. But if the US is buying a total of 250K units of bananas, they can just go to other places and get more bananas, telling Mexico to fuck off. And unless Mexico forced every one of its sellers to not sell, the farmers producing bananas still will desire a profit.

So the price goes up slightly because of tariffs. US sellers who bought the bananas take a small hit, and the US consumers of bananas take a small hit. But the tariff also takes in a huge amount of profit, and that profit comes directly from the country with the smaller economy, because the US is still their best bet with the biggest amount of money for buying the bananas.

It can be argued by globalist economists that tariffs are overall bad because they impose a dead weight loss on the world as a whole, but in instances such as this where one economy has overwhelming buying power, it is that country which reaps the benefits. Tariffs are only objectively true losses to the nation when dealing with smaller, equivalent economies.

How does it feel to defend CNN of all possible media along with posting unfunny shit ?

Hahahahaha keep drinking his pee cuck
It's funny when you think you aren't dumb and worthless and expect people to take you seriously

Maybe you should have had a brain instead of supporting the pee pee man

you lost me at pic 1

The thread was shit to begin with. The worst part is that idiots will think this is the end due to political shit even though there has been political threads for years. Shitposters seem to make idiots think there is an issue when the shitposter takes no sides at all.

You're just embarrassing.

Do we need to bring back bait pictures to teach you retards how not to respond to other retards? Because I'm certain you fuckers don't learn at all from personal experience.

e54bc9

15 posts and not a single argument.

Im not seeing how retards replying it are Holla Forums, we have plenty of resident retards here

Got linked to this shit.

This retard is absolutely fucking pathetic.

Same coin, different sides. Lifes funny.

Not my fault your tiny Drumpf brain can't think and comprehend my argument ;-^)

But it is o, I know it isn't your fault you were born brain dead, a quick death is the only in you deserve

Literally everyone who uses the word degenerate and whines about bioware being progressive is a confirmed brain dead poltard

Wew lad, this is a dragon age/bioware thread, do you think this was anything but a bait thread? Just hide and move on. I'll be honest, using a bait picture at this point is like trying to save this idiot's ass from his own retardation, I want to see him go further then this to the point that he either fucks off or realizes what an idiot he is.

Comrade Stalin called, he says ten more years in
>>>/gulag/

Once again, leftists try to astrosurf, trying to be cool and popular, and make bad of Holla Forums; But in the end, they fail, and they just screw/ruin threads.

Good thread guys

In that first pic you could change captialism into communism and in that case you'd actually be right.

and the rest of the pictures are in order
Strawmanning, strawmanning, hipster sayings, and appeal to celebrity that no one cares about.

Also, this entire thread is gay as fucking San Francisco during a homo wedding.
Anyone posting in it should really consider suicide.
Before you point out that I am posting in this thread, don't worry, I have been eyeballing a loaded shotgun for the last two minutes.

All you did was spend a few hours on leftypol saving all the shitty, blatantly dishonest images posted there. I don't even believe you're actually a leftist.

Low effort + low energy.

Not leftypol but seems like someone from /int/ or /sp/, or /s4s/ maybe. Can't see why though, looks pointless

then use it faggot. You're looking for attention by posting in a thread that you say no one should be posting in.

You need a better imagination.

Sage, you fucking retard.
Stop bumping this shitty B8 thread.

You don't need to be a communist to laugh at he stupidity of poltards and religious cucks

Tell me, when someone has cancer, do you wait around hoping that the rest of your body to react to attack it or do you take the first opportunity to smack it down and put it in it's place before it can do any real damage?

But then I would miss out on my favorite pastime.
Calling out other people for shitposting while doing it myself.
I miss when this site used to have actual discussion, but the last six months have ruined it. Holla Forums started pushing its gay memes sitewide, both Holla Forums and Holla Forums gave the go ahead for Redditers and Cuckchanners to set up shop here.
None of the mods or vols do their jobs. I stay here because at this point i am at a loss for where to go.
There really is no other chan at this point.

this is some lame b8m8

The latter.

This is like TruthSeeker except it's unironic.

You really should put the :^) face after your post
It lets the rest of us know when you are shitposting.
Also, does this image trigger you. :^)

There you go, was using the face so hard.
Now if you would only sage, we would have no problem.
You know what would make this even better?
POSTING FUCKING VIDEO GAMES

Too bad that you don't have a gun to off yourself, liberal dipshit.

The game went to shit in terms of lore when Bioware transformed the Qunari from islamic-communist civilization with high tech and tactics, to ooga-buuga spear-throwing tribals, with cannons.

Once that happenned to one of the original things in the DA setting, everything went to shit.

Mark is love.

Your intention to meta-troll is admirable however it's completely undermined as your efforts are uniformly dull and witless.

However I hope it gets more violent on your streets too, it'll show the now insane left up as the directionless poweless trantrum throwers they are.

I take it all back, Mods=Gods

Typical goon tactic.

Can we talk about shitty video games now?

Did they? I never really got the impression they were anything actually. All I remember is the "we a progressive society nao". But then again I was drunk for most of my playthrough

Dragon Age 2 showed Qunari half naked and going into jungle-nigger mode. Compare that to Origins, were the special forces were in plate armour. If their special forces had that equipment, is easy to imagine that their army was good in equipment, or at least in part, Perhaps their maintroops could have been less armed, even like old persian arabs troops, because spending too much resources in basic troops would have been a waste, in the mind of the Qunari leaders.

Still much better and more logical than just going full Zulu nigger with steroids.

Oh I remember even less of DA2, I thought it was just the leader that was half naked

Well I completely forgot about that shit, dont think it reappears in DA:I. What a complete shitshow has the series been

Mark might be a filthy heeb but as long as the goyim send him cakes he's on the side of good.

I wish I would've arrived sooner so I could've seen the sperg myself. Can anyone give me the gist of what he was posting? Seems like I really missed a show.

Cringe-inducing Holla Forums memes.

He is /ourmerchant/

Why aren't they just making otome and fujoshi games? They could stop pretending to give a fuck about the male demographic and gameplay in general and focus on cramming their games full of as much gay porn as they want.

I tried using the screencap function for the first time and after 2 minutes it crashed my browser so I hope someone else has some pics. It was just some faggot posting shit memes you would expect from 9gag or reddit so you're not missing much

Because they still have to pretend they're AAA developers.

Yes the characters, writing and role playing sets an example for rpgs.
I wish I could replay it sometime because when I played it when it released I was like 15 and couldn't get some things.

From what I've seen in ME3 they're doing a very very unconvincing show of it.

also

9 years ago I was playing that game
fuck this

yeah an example of what not to do

underage get out

The girdle of gender transformation or whatever it was called is a Cannon OG D&D items. It's not recent.

Why the fuck does anyone defend mages?
And the Templars aren't doing that exact same thing just to make sure you demon magnets don't run around after everyone's blood? Fuck off magecucks.

Morrigan chases after elven mirrors while Flemeth reveals she was an elven god all along and Alistar is either a drunkard/dead/king/warden

And the ritual kid just gets his soul stolen by Flemeth making that entire arc fucking null and void

that's what he is saying.

what world are you talking about?

probably not DA

Alistair was the most annoying cunt of the group.

I don't know why on Earth would you want to recruit a guy who tried to kill you from the first day he saw you. He's not even a well-written character (like…the rest of them especially that faggot Alistair).

Its principles the same as vegans.
Whereas vegans suffer from malnutrition, the "genderfluid" suffer from hormonal imbalances.

i seem to recall him having some genuinely good motivation and reasons for doing everything he did, and i clearly remember that while he was a total asshole he was getting shit done the way it needed to be done. that said i only played through DA:O once at launch so maybe i'm wrong

It's fun to dissect a train wreck.

It's a relationship based on feedback, Holla Forums or Holla Forums sets a bait, the other one spills a tsunami of spaghetti while eating it, and the overall board quality everywhere drops as the butthurt bait eaters/setters complain to the mods on their home boards to ban everyone who doesn't agree with them.

Also keep in mind that even though you're a piece of shit to him, he still accepts the decision to sacrifice himself to save everyone.

If i remember right, he found out about cailin being in love with/wanting to marry the empress of orlais, which naturally rustled his jimmies. In fear of his country being conquered through marriage and the independence he fought for being pissed away by a retard, he decided to pretty much instigate a coup.
I think his only mistake was not seeing the darkspawn as a threat. Independence doesn't really matter if your country is destroyed by the blight.

Devilish trips

Vegans suffer from being annoying faggots, trannies suffer from being faggots who are annoying.

I miss Wynne, she was a grandma who tried to keep you in line. I just wanted to have tea with her or something.

No, they suffer a lack of organic identity and thus continually "recreate" themselves rather than accepting who they actually are.

so, a hormonal imbalance?

No, a personality one. A person can be chemically "healthy" and mentally unwell.

post some tranny logic
biocucks and leftypol trannies btfo

"Transexuals" don't even exist as a category, neurologically. If they did, why the hell do their sensory-motor strips represent their physical body appropriately for the one they have? Ergo, they don't "feel" their body is wrong, and are just projecting some other (likely thalamic) unease onto the unrelated 'feeling' of their sex.

CHECKMATE TRANNIES.

This is it exactly, barring a miniscule number of those with actual physical birth defects that render them hermy-fucked no man-tranny can know what it's like to 'feel like a woman' because he has no fucking idea what that feels like, he simply can't, he's just a weak bitch who can't handle the world so reasons he must be a sensitive lady when he's an really the annoying faggot he always was in a wig and heels.

Get one genuinely angry or in danger and they revert to what they really are on a dime.

I swear, someone at bioware must have read that when writing the last DLC, since its all about how the elves were responsible for all the bad shit that happened in the world.

leftists spent the last decade trying to inject their politics into vidya, then when anyone disagrees with them it's 'please, let's keep politics out of this'. no, faggots, you started this, we're not going to let you be retarded Jew fanboys any more than we're going to let you be retarded Nintendo fanboys.

Isn't a woman that can't have a child actually considered a failure? Nature built her to do one thing she fucks it up, so I guess it's okay to compare trannies to such women, because trannies are failures too.

Well said. What's even worse is that they won't allow anyone to comment on the shoehorning of politics into it because "muh freedom of speech", can't curtail artistic expression, but as soon as a developer breaks the programming and stop pushing Marxist shit it's okay to punch under the belt, same as it was okay to assault innocent people at Berkley because they were "Nazis".

Fuck leftists and their opinions, and fuck "moderates" for being enablers.

I wouldn't have such a problem with it if they weren't such massive pussies about it and doing it strictly for the purposes of normalization of their fetishes/pet issues. You could make an interesting game that had an explicit political slant in any direction, but you can't make an interesting game that's social engineering.

Wait, what the fuck? how does that gun shoot. The cylinder is way far below the barrel. This is some top tier nonsense

It's a magic gun made out of magic.

There is no "nature". It's an artificial entity that gets used like some god substitute to give opinion the semblance of something absolute.

Yeah, there is dumb fuck. Regardless of how you phrase it or whine about linguistic relativism, the external world still exists.

Not as an entity with its own sentience, purpose and plans.

Except that's not what the phrase means. Something can be built by non-conscious entities. Your communist relativism is leaking.

Jojo is a series with 2 people able to control bullets mid-shot, and they're some of the more sensical powered people, along with the evil possessive sword.

Ah, right, I see. Just a common shitposter. My mistake. Apologies.

As I said, relativist dreck.

The only things I know about this game is that you go from prisoner of the inquisiton to their leader in the first 15 minutes of the game and that the devs lost their shit when some guy made all the niggers of the game white. And the edgy mage with mspaint mustache.

I wouldn't mind it either if they weren't such massive fucking cowards and choose to hide the pozz. At least BioWare isn't pretending to be anything but a shitty developer pandering to the tumblr audience.

It's doubly infuriating when they take a Japanese game and proceed to (((localize))) it, and then throw a tantrum when people point out they didn't pay premium to look at their infantile humor and recycling of stale memes. If I wanted to see (man)children smearing feces on a wall I'd go to a fucking kindergarten, but I guess it's expecting too much from leftists to actually do their fucking jobs for once.

I wish they'd just use whatever malnourished brain cells they have left and realize that it's a free fucking market, they can go and make the games they want without shitting up ours, but no, you can't have that, "problematic" things exist out there, regardless of the fact that no one is forcing them to buy them, so they gotta go, and if you object you're a cishet white male pig that belongs in a concentration camp.

These past few months have shown exactly the kind of crowd we're dealing with. They'll riot, assault, threaten, attempt to murder, vandalize, lie, and anything else that they come up with to make things go their way. They don't want democracy or pluralism of ideas, they don't want to coexist or compromise, they just want to kill all of us and topple Western civilization, so fuck them and fuck anyone that says I need to tolerate them or their behavior.

Can we establish once and for all that da:o is the only actual dragon age game

SMH, fam.

The really pathetic part in all of that ridiculous subplot is how it beats you over the head with it.

You can't even try and seek a compromise with the father, you can't explore his side of the story, how someone living in a feudal society would want his lineage to continue, nope, not letting your son die of STDs he got from getting fucked in the ass by strange men is a monstrous thing to do.

Then there's the "Ride the Bull" scene that has to made me cringe so goddamn hard, I didn't even now it was possible to reach sitcom levels of lack of self-awareness.

And let's not forget Elfpig, a character so disgusting and on the mark that tumblr got very butthurt they were realistically portrayed in a game for once.

None of the other characters are any less disgusting. I thought the point of stories was to make you care for the characters, so you had some degree of emotional investment in the plot? But the biggest transgression of the game was calling the organization the Inquisition. Smudboy made a good argument when he said it's only called that because Templars was already taken, since you do fuckall an Inquisitor would do. That shitty aRPG has more investigation and heretic purging going on than this piece of shit.

I never even thought about the name of the game before.
Unbelievable really. The characters within the Inquisition would all be purged by a real inquisition. That is beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, Bioware started going full retard after DAO. It helped that the EA acquisition caused a lot of people to leave left and right who were then replaced by the kind of talentless hack that seeks employment at EA (SJWs). It doesn't help that their Dragon Age 2 project pretty much convinced the developers that they were fucked and the franchise wasn't salvageable. Decent developers jump ship after shit like that (industry is a bit of a revolving door anyway) because you can't afford to have your name associated with failure. Your CV in the videogame industry depends on the quality of the projects you were on so you can actually move down in career with a flop. So once a developer is forced into shoddy work a lot of better developers will abandon ship before their careers are ruined. And then EA fills their jobs with shitters who are too dumb to recognize those games are flops who will naturally produce even worse games.

There were already proto-SJWs at Bioware but shit nosedived hard after the acquisition.

This part is fine. Spies are supposed to be the people you would least expect.

This is just total faggotry and shitting on the setting.

Don't forget that Sera was actually raised by a rich human noblewoman who treated her as a daughter and never did anything wrong to her. Then she ran away to be a bitch, steal to live and kill people.
When she kills a motherfucker you are negotiating with and gets away with it is the most ridiculous moment of the game. I am a fucking inquisitor, I should be able to burn elves at stakes if I want to.

I NEED DETAILS MAN.

How did you people get so far into the game to know all this? This game is fucking awful to play that I just had to stop.

YouTube

The game is best enjoyed with a fast-forward button. It's not like there's any actual gameplay.

Reads like the typical tumblrtard, other than the killing people part. They all have rich parents but somehow manage to live like hobos and scam people on Patreon.

How do the graphics manage to look fucking worse than vanilla BG2?

This. There are story walkthroughs on YouTube that fast forward through all the tedious combat and skip fetch quest grinding. And combat is still tedious to watch despite the fast forward.

I can't tell, are those shitty filters?

The holocaust wasn't real but it should have been

a

Dragon Age was never good.
First one was a boring ass generic bioware by the numbers rpg that had nothing even remotely good in it and it just got worse down the line.
bioware was never good as well

dragonspear was a complete disaster in literally every way. it got shit on by everyone for the tranny thing (a complete fucking stranger just blurts out their gender identity to you on the street for no reason), was written by an SJW who was actually fired by Paizo for writing such terrible pathfinder modules, looked like shit and got totally torpedoed for its completely linear progression and awful bugs

the best part is that when people started complaining about what a piece of shit it was the president of beamdog basically just called everyone criticizing it goobergaters and bigots, then relented later on and patched out the tranny because of how badly it fit

I'm not sure how you missed that. I always thought it was ridiculous & retarded how you were the inquisition that doesn't purge heresy and is run by a bunch of heretics. The power of design by marketing survey which is then filtered through SJWs. Bioware writing is fucking retarded that way, and you know the SJWs can't bring themselves to write an honest-to-goodness actual inquisition, interesting and fun as it may be, because that would entail roughing people up, getting the torture chamber ready, and fucking people over for the crime of pissing off the religious authorities.

You gotta be extra shitty to get fired from a leftist den of shitty writing that has tentacle rape demons and male pregnancy on top of all the other filth leftists love to masturbate to.

I don't really think about bioware games in general, lad.
The only times I do is when I see a thread.
You are certainly right though.

That's one of the big perks of going SJW tbh. You get to accuse all of your critics of being prejudiced haters so they all backpedal and start virtue-signalling until the bad name goes away. The trouble in the videogame industry is that gamers are used to name-calling and don't give a shit. They just wonder wtf your point is and why you think you deserve any respect for throwing an insane temper tantrum. And if you're doing that to misdirect the conversation from what an awful writer you are, then you are going to get seriously laughed at.

The funny part about the bigot accusation is that SJWs are the biggest bigots themselves. I feel like those people never opened a dictionary to understand what the word means: "bigot: a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion." You can't hardly censor in the name of ending bigotry because censorship itself is overwhelmingly a bigoted process but SJWs have always lacked self-awareness like that while pursuing their self-appointed moral guardianship.

That's actually somewhat surprising.

No joke. I guess there's a point where you're so bad your shit is costing them money and some beancounter has to make the case why you're a toxic pile of waste that needs to be terminated before you sink the boat. I'm honestly somewhat surprised paizo is still afloat though. Talentless hacks to the extreme. Dreamscarred Press should just jack the ruleset and make their own 3.X instead of fucking around with paizo shit.

Thinking about Bioware games in general is only an exercise in disappointment and frustration anyway.

While I'm all for a videogame inquisition, I'm not inclined to somehow mix that with a real-world argument on refugee rights, general inattentiveness to radicalization and cultural integration, and overall immigration policy. The guy does look like a colossal faggot and overall idiot though.

Because the atheist sheep of communist countries were so enlightened, right?

dat edge

Doesn't that second faggot work for the NSA?

FOUND IT: youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xXVDi15kZvA#t=75

I swear the NSA is doing a good job of convincing people not to take them seriously.

All you had to do was not reply, we almost went 24 hours without anyone starting a shitstorm

I'd pay top dollar for this shit and drop PF in a heartbeat. It would take all of 5 seconds to convince my group as well.

REALLY?!
So far I have been avoiding these dlc's and remasters because BG, Fallout & PlaneScape were pretty much the only games I played as a kid and didn't want to ruin my good memories

t. buttblasted fedora

Facts > your feelings

Filtered.

"Blue Pill" is a meme, so there's really no point in arguing that something is or isn't "blue pill". You may as well argue for it being or not being "Neo" "Morpheus" "Smith" or some other equally blurry metaphor.
As for Christianity being jewish, it is in the most damning way, though it's also Roman. Being that it was a psy-op by the Romans to pacify jews and have them respect the empire, it's obvious to see how it's both. It was forged by Romans but meant to be consumed by the jews.
As for it's submissiveness, are you a fucking idiot? Of course it's a religion of the servile, that's what it was designed to be and that's what it is! "Render unto Ceasar" and all that. The new testament is all about submitting to the empire.
Finally, clearly if it's Roman it's European - but what does that even mean? Calling something "European" is meaningless without context or definitions. It's as European as columns and giant metal statues. So what? Who cares? Everything existed in Europe at least once.
Though to your credit, you are on the right track by implying Christianity isn't something the jews want around. Being that it was a weapon used against the jews, it is only natural that they want it tossed aside, or at least beaten to a plowshare. But does that imply anyone who says anything even remotely unflattering about Christianity is a jew? No, you fucking godly nigger.
and you're welcome for the (you)

I stopped caring about Bioware in 2003, probably too busy playing wow in 2004 and onward. When i looked back, i had and still have this nauseous feeling about the company, as if a truck had ran all over it and left a bloody putrid trail behind him, or watching two gay guy french kissing each other.
Then i realized i still had respect for myself and refused to expose myself to such display of insanity.

The worst part about this is that all you can do is disagree with him. He's making the point that your genetic makeup predisposes you to success at some things and failure at others, which is 100% reasonable. Bioware's shitty writing forces us to regurgitate SJW nonsense back at him instead of allowing us to develop our character how we want.

kill yourself

Normally I would agree that Bioware's bullshit fucks you into having no choice other than agreeing with their personal politics, but in this case Sten is attacking the notion of the Warden being a woman and a fighter, which she is. I'm not sure how it's possible to agree with him that the female warden can't be a fighter while she is fighting. The Warden doesn't disagree with Sten's observations about not being able to help what you are born as either. The only real disagreement is whether you can be a fighter or not.

Would a male Warden have other options?

The problem isn't just leftypol, its both both Holla Forums boards, they've infested every nook and cranny of this fucking board so everything becomes insanely political, its impoassible to have any thread on anything without either massive shitposting derails or just Holla Forums shit that nobody cares about.

Holla Forums doesn't need to do D&C shit anyway, Holla Forums went to shit after the 2nd exodus and all the good /po/acks either left or are scattered around /news/ or /newsplus/, our Holla Forums is a children infested cesspit with retards who think they're fucking Rambo and a race war is inevitable.

Fuck all of you for contributing to the cancer killing Holla Forums

Well, a male Warden can be a Rogue. I could say Mage but Magic is for wimps (Healing Magic is OK though)

It's poly/pol/ trolls pretending to be either side and doing derails to shit up the board while blaming others for it. Probably goons, that's one of their preferred tactics.

I always killed that bitch because Morrigan didnt like her

Your memes are shitty and old.
"Were" being the operative word here. Unfortunately technological progress has let the genie out of the bottle on that front. With with the centralizing effects of technology any type of authoritarianism now days will inevitably spiral into a dystopian shithole, even those forms that would have worked fine in the past.
Unless you plan on waging a Butlarian jihad and wiping out the internet and the internal combustion engine, among other things, you're functionally as much in the wrong as the progressive authoritarians.

that sounds pretty tempting tbh

It's the theory, that if I hit you over the head with a horseshoe often enough you will stop being an idiot.

Retard fence sitters is pretty dank, more so by the fact so many of us don't have to use our imagination since we encountered them first-hand during the days of GG.

And that is false which is why horseshoe theory is laughed at.

Holla Forums and Holla Forums still leave behind massive torrents of non-Holla Forums spaghetti, and any non-Holla Forums spaghetti should not be on Holla Forums.

Also, the picture in gets it most right, they're not exactly the same, but they do share an ethos.

What you fail to realize is that to anyone who is not at the extremes, those on the extreme authoritarian right and authoritarian left ARE functionally the same as far as how they want to array their own personal lives. See, everyone else just sees a powerful individual or a small circle of elites micromanaging the how, what, and when of their lives with no room argument or discussion or even wiggle room.
Even if you are 99% on board with what they demand, that 1% difference is enough to get you branded as traitor/degenerate/racist/-phobe/whatever. Hell even if you agree fully but simply want to do it on your own time table ororder of opperations is enough for you to be considered an enemy of the revolution.
People don't like that shit!

Only female wardens trigger the dialogue. Male wardens are cool in Sten's book so there's nothing for him to bother you about.

Class doesn't matter. What matters is the female warden's status as a combatant.

Centrists are either one of these twos :

1. Uninformed
2. Opportunist

In the case of the first, of course the two extremes are the same, they know nothing, how can you even trust their perception no matter how honest they are?

In the second case, the person is trying to aim at the middle to gain support from both leaning ideologies, that person has only one ideal and it is power/money, you cannot trust their perception because it is always dishonest, say something when talking to righties, say something else when talking to lefties, get elected by a mixture of the twos.

25% of all women never could have kids in their lifetime? That can't be, it's men who are going infertile with all the chemicals forced onto us. 50 years old have more sperm count than 20 years old.

We call that compromise, and it's how America managed to function for pretty much its entire history.
Only reason it's not working now is because the media decided they liked hugboxes better.

Lying is called compromises? Well I guess beating someone with a stick can be called pacifying.

For a guy from a politics board, you sure don't know shit about politics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infertility
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_infertility

Yeah because Holla Forumsiwogs are always right you retard, why compromise with people who are objectively wrong.

You come here, misinterpret my post, and likely for several posts if I don't stop it right here, and then act smug like a useless sack of skin.

Telling that you will do one thing to one, then going to the other and tell them you are going to do another thing that contradicts what you told the first group is lying, not a compromise, there's a reason why when centrists gets into power they seem to not do anything, they actually lied to both and are instead working on how to keep their corruption up and running.

That's not related to getting elected by both sides though.
There's a difference between telling both sides different things to get elected vs. having views that are acceptable enough to both sides to get elected.
Hint: Trump did the second one

There are two forms of thought in the world that stem from the question - where is power derived from? The first line of thought is that all power is derived from a higher power - either God or multiple gods, or perhaps some other force which is at work in the world. The second line of thought is that power is rooted directly into humanity as a collective.

The first line of thought implies that there is a hierarchy of power. If you take this to its conclusion it would be a caste-based society under the head of an ultimate absolute monarch who rules everything as a represent to God. Religion would be an essential element of this culture, and with it would be certain moral rules and values which are attributed to the God above everything. Everything belongs to God, and therefore, his representative, the king, has been loaned everything in the world. When a person is given something, they are being loaned it by the king, and ultimate being loaned it by god. In his wisdom, the king would decide which items are to be given to which person, at what time, and so forth.

The second line of thought implies that all power is shared equally. If you take this to its conclusion it would be a society of equal men who each assume a specific job, and pass these jobs down as they are required within society. Any form of religion would be impossible, as morality would simply be what is the best good for the most people, and all should accept the role required when asked by the rest. This true egalitarian society would distribute what it produces as is required to those within society, allowing all to share in the bounty of the world.

These are the true faces of right-wing and left-wing thought, respectively. The former is the ultimate form of monarchy, while the latter is the ultimate form of communism. And both are equally impossible to achieve, and have consistently proven throughout history to ultimately fail. No single human can be the perfected monarch required for the former, to tame the leviathan of man; at the same time, the leviathan of man is incapable of sustaining itself without some form of structure.

Human history has been made by compromising between the two sides.

That is if you are allowed to make the definitions, left and right are more government and less government. The thing with degeneracy, immorality, they are just things that help vote more government, they are not inherent to the left, it helps the left gain ground. Just like manhood is not inherent to the right but it helps it gain ground, as men have the instinct to share, not to have their prey stolen from them then distributed, but to put their prey themselves at the center of the village to share and satisfy their instinct.

Degeneracy, immorality, and so forth? Both sides are capable of using them to their advantage.

Societies decay over time. When a left-wing society begins to decay, the right will point to the weak morals of that society and say "see here, this is the failure of the left; surely this society cannot stand forever - come, join us, and let us make this a society of right-wing morals once more!" On the other hand, if a right-wing society begins to decay, the left will point to its flaws and say "see here, this state before you, it creates corruption and allows criminals to gain ground; surely we cannot let such a society oppress us forever - come, join us, and let us make this a society of left-wing freedom once more!"

Governments can only be replaced when the society around them becomes weak, and societies do not weaken because of either the right or the left. They weaken because humans themselves are inherently flawed, and will constantly degenerate whatever society they are in. If humans were beings of ultimate virtue, one man could with ease rule over everything, just as easily as all men could share everything. But the flaws of man make both impossible.

Here is what I agree, not on the specific definition of left and right but the role of religion in them.

On the right, religion is overt, because there is a god to look up to, and the yearning to commune with the gods (notice me senpai) may lead to good deeds. On the left, religion exists as well but the god is yourself, no other god above thee, it is very tempting.

Understanding the roots might be done by looking at Plato and Aristotle's philosophy. Plato is about the ideal, the godly, Aristotle is about empiricism, observation and doing what works with what you have. Plato is leftist, and Aristotle is right. In Plato's society, no one have property, everyone is equal, there is plenty and there is no conflict. That is ideal, it is godly, only if we were gods ourselves. In Plato's society, no child would be one's child, right there you lose the human's earthly parental instinct of protection and love, that is just one example of the humanity we lose in Plato's society that would effectively make it unworkable. In Aristole's society, we consider what traits we possess, and use them, if greed is in us, use greed to power commerce and have goods as a result.

Right-wing looks deep inside and notice the beast in us, then try as much as possible to live up to the god, even so insignificantly, try to emulate it with the coarse tools we have. Left-wing think they are gods and inherently unleash the beast upon the world. A right-wing society will only go leftward, as it becomes more and more godly, children of the children will also think themselves as gods, not having the wisdom to know their own nature, up until there is a collapse or a violent coup by the right-wing to restore the place of god, which is inevitable.

Unless the religion states everyone is the same in the eyes of God. Otherwise you're right, in most cases the priest caste abused their position to actually claim the king was chosen by God and in return the king gave them power as well.
But nothing of this has to do with the logic that power derives from God really, it's just normal human behaviour to look for leaders, which is why all tribes and ancient cultures always have someone at the head calling the shots, it has been that way since we were cavemen.

There are lots of things to shit on DAI for, but that actually isn't one of them. Qunari from DA2 onward are blatantly supposed to be Muslims and Iran has state-funded sex change surgery.

Iran isn't that big on gender roles though. Also Islamic culture and Iranian culture in general do not mix, not to mention the populace's strong distaste for totalitarianism and cultural inclinations towards secularism, so the government in Iran is largely viewed as an occupying power, not a legitimate government. Iranians do not believe their government's shit. Government goes on a censorship spree and the people just break those laws left and right. Satellite TV for instance is super popular in Iran because state TV a shit.

Feel free to read The Axis of Evil World Tour's section on Iran if you're curious about what it's like there. It's a travelogue and it's one take on Iran. Here's an excerpt: axisofevilworldtour.com/ir-excerpt1-arrival.htm

The reason why I'm saying this shit is because Qunari are all slavishly devoted to their beliefs and government (plus apparently there is brainwashing going on there) so the societies aren't really comparable.