Customer service, customer support

What games/companies had the best support and which ones so bad they might as well been discontinued, Holla Forums?

Does anyone know if Arenanet still offers support for Guild Wars 1? I wanted to change my email account to one I use less for general stuff, but all over their services seems to have moved onto Guild Wars 2.

all of their services*. The thing is… I wanted to link my GW1 to GW2, but I wanted a set of emails made solely for the game. Now after I linked them together is there a way to change the emails?

Your GW1 account is the same as your GW2 account, even if you don't own GW2. (Maybe you remember the HoM calculator and name reservations.)

I use support extremely rarey because I am not a retard.

The few times I had to deal with support because of payment issues for MMOs or whatever they always happened to be fucking useless Pajeets.

shit on me all you want, but blizzard has pretty good customer support. they answer tickets within 10-30 minutes, and if you're on time, you can get them to live chat with you to solve your issue
the only downside is that if it's live chat, they're gonna want you to somehow prove you are who you are, like a document with ID. go figure

After I link them together will Arenanet come after me for countless confirmations? or will I be good to go? The thing is that I forgot the pass from the GW1 email.

Blizzard at least seems to employ natives for each country they have support for, not subhumans.

and the pajeets are fucking weird too
i had to get support from microsoft since my visual studio was fucked up
i get some pajeet who literally copy pastes a bunch of "motivated employee" lines and then tells me to give him remote control of my computer so he can turn on windows updates

Isn't teamviewer relatively safe?

Valve's support is probably the worst I've encountered. Amazon's support for the rare occasion I get physical games from them is top-tier.
I managed to recover my GW1 password somehow but I remember it taking me fucking hours. I think your GW1 account has to be migrated to GW2 and then you need to use GW2's system, it's a pain in the arse.

I don't get emails from them about shit all for what it's worth.

You'll probably need one of your CD Keys then, preferably all of them.

Don't fucking remind me.

I wanted a refund on LEGO Hobbit because the 3rd film wasn't added after I was promised it. Under my countries law, that's a legal reason for a full refund with no conditions.
Steam told me to fuck off several times, so I reported them to the corporate watchdog and surprise surprise, my refund was accepted and chalked up to an error.

So then I continued with my complaint and eeked a $100 voucher out of it. Felt good, then I realised I wasted hours filling out forms. But I won in the end.

The Sega Master Sytem support line was always giving tips and tricks for their games.

You might want to be careful with pushing things like this user, I've heard of Valve banning accounts if you're too pushy with your legal rights too often (their system so it isn't against the law as long as they refund you first). Honestly I've just stopped purchasing any new shit from Steam as of ~two years ago.

They can't restrict my right to access my account under Australian law.
They could ban me for something like hate speech on the forums or something silly like that, but if they were to ban me for exercising my legal rights, they'd get taken through the Aussie courts for a couple hundred million again.

do you really think turning on updates fixed my issues?

Interesting, I guess that's why they didn't react to your pushing so hard. If only you could fix the other laws about video games in Australia.

The only negative was that you couldn't sell R18+ games.
You could still import them, and many devs said you could pirate it.

Can't think of anything else wrong with vidya over here. Apart from the price gouging, but that's true for everything that gets imported. Only counterpoint for that is that our wages are higher, and the median is higher than the US median, when converted, but the extra $20AUD is still annoying.

Aren't download speeds also terrible or is that just a meme?

Well, they are terrible, but that's more a general thing, not solely vidya.

I used to get 150kb/s, on an ISP that was owned and on the same network as the biggest ISP, Telstra.
Telstra ring me up one day and tell me the old ISP is closing and I must switch.
Save something like $300 a year and suddenly my speed shoots up to 900kb/s. Funny about that.

I live in a rural area, but my mates in suburbs get even slower than that.

There's a national fibre scheme being rolled out, but it's getting cucked by lefties that want to spend way too much and """conservatives""" (we don't have true conservatives, just moderates) who don't understand why they're cutting the funding and how it will affect users.

That fibre scheme gives people 12mb/s to 100mb/s depending on location, but it won't be finished for another 10 years, and it's been going for 5 or 6.

The UK scheme to give everyone fiber also had problems, mostly because BT have a monopoly on infrastructure so they win every contract and then only upgrade speeds in profitable areas. It's been improving but if you're too far out in the country you'll always come last in priority sadly.

You will have to email or sms every time you log in from a new IP, I think. I linked my accounts years ago and have only had to confirm two times.