Is Star Wars officially a dead franchise?

Is Star Wars officially a dead franchise?

I have a suspicion Han Solo is going to do a little better than most people expect, since it's basically Guardians of the Galaxy with Star Wars.
The current trilogy is done though. No one cares. No one's invested anymore.

It's dying slowly.
I expect Solo to make under a billion combined foreign and domestic.

It depends what Disney wants to do with it. If they want 20 movies making 1 million each over production instead of 1 movie making 20 million over production then their goal is in sight. If they want blockbuster after blockbuster at the rate they're going they have 2 issues and these are:
1)They're flooding the market
-people don't want to be involved with something that bad unless it's homosexual/soi whites and the iphone
2)They have to switch talents not to appeal to progressiveness but to follow trends of big franchises in the past which are the following: Not a pretty girl, but a talented one, not a hot guy but a handsome one, 90% whites with some token other race.

Again it all comes down to if Disney wants low profits or not. We can ignore toys because they are always going to get a lot of toy sales because it only matters what store chains buy. Stores need to fill their shelves with something and corporate fags for these chains need to keep their jobs as buyers so even with toys r us going belly up Disney have the toys spoken for already.

More or less.

Except Star Wars toys for new movies are rotting on shelves everywhere.

You need to make toys that young boys will want to buy. That isn’t an Admiral Holdo figure or a BB-8 (?) that folds out to be Snoke’s flagship.

That's the thing idk if disney is this retarded or if they are geniuses trying to destroy the OT/PT
so they can reboot the whole thing.

Did you not read my post? The only thing that matters is what THE STORES BUY AS INITIAL STOCK. If they stack the shelves with the things it doesn't matter if the stores themselves sell a single one, all the money was already made for the first parties. In this game you say fuck all to the end vendors.

Young boys want light sabers and cool guys and battle ships. Micro machine star wars sold hand over foot what any single movie sold by itself. Even if the girl is pretty they won't buy her.

Vendors would eventually get wise and not stock Sw shit or at least buy much less.

A pretty girl would make the movie more popular and help sell the merch as a result, even if her doll doesn't sell.

It's true a bout the girl. Doesn't even have to be hot, just pretty.

Chicks they should cast in movies should be:
This is bare bones common sense stuff.

It would be if you soyboy cucks would stop making threads about it every fucking day.

There's this old, I think Indian but maybe Mesopotamian, story about this fuckhuge dragon that was so massive that just breathing would cause natural disasters. A bunch of chads went to go and kill it by stabbing in the eyes but they found it had been dead for probably thousands of years, the dry areas where they came from preserving the corpse and the breathing actually just being death spasms and bloating. That dragon is Star Wars and the maggots moving around under its skin is Disney.

You're movie failed and you'll never get that Thai ladyboy harem JJ promised you Rian.

TLJ is failed so horribly Abrams is being forced to use time travel to retcon the entire film.

Really makes you think.

FTFY

disney never knew what do do with Star wars.

That makes you actually retarded user.

Almost there…

who is the retard now?

It's making money, but it's not recreating the level of cultural impact and memorability that they bought the franchise for. It's straight up monkey's paw shit. Disney got one of the biggest franchises in the world, and now it's a bland mess that does alright in theaters, but falls apart and vanishes a few weeks after.

So do why general audiences eat up yearly capeshit set in an expanded universe but reject the same yearly release schedule for Star Wars films?

define "Dead"

Believe it or not but most Star Wars fans have a higher IQ than your average capeshit connoisseur.

Just because they couldn't understand that Rian was actually directing doesn't mean the won't show up for the next one and the next one

I kinda want to see Solo, but like a dog that has been beaten repeatedly I'm not going to come running just because it sounds like you opened a bag with treats inside.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Star Wars.

I bet Soylo will bomb hard.

You apparently do now since so many people think it should be about moral relativity.

If merchandise doesn't sell. Licensees aren't going to pay as much as they originally paid for license to renew it. Stores aren't going to stock as many items they did with previous movie when next film comes out.

Why the fuck would they waste more money on it? They haven't even restocked the toys because no one is buying them so disney made no money after the initial bulk purchase most stores made. You see soy wars crap on liquidation fucking everywhere.

No, it was the perfect shitpost. Rian managed to piss off every fucking normalfag fan of nu-wars, while simultaneously destroying the plot, and further tarnishing the brand. He even shit on any potential future plot by killing off the most important antagonists and plot points, leaving a mary sue and a tempermental faggot to take over for it. He also managed to piss off Mark Hamill enough to have him do sabotage on the film during shilling time, as well as the iconic mark hamills heart breaking in real time after the screening of TLJ. He shit in disneys mouth and they paid him for it.

It hurts to witness this. It's like having an old friend abducted and injected with soy against his will.
Why does Disney want to neuter us so badly? How does this make them money?

Is star wars really dying?
Unless Solo and EP 9 make less than 1 billion, I don't see star wars falling apart. It does seem that EP 8 did make less than it should of. But EP 1 made 1 billion, EP 2 made 0.6 billon, and EP 3 made 0.8 billion. But after the prequels, Star Wars was far from dead, in fact it probably got stronger since it gave us the republic era with the clone wars. That was a boom in toy sales and games.

Yes.

I suspect the total merchandise sales from AotC will be higher than TLJ. Clonetroopers sold pretty well. The ambo jitsu players, not so much.

No, it's not officially dead, yet. It is most certainly unofficially dead.

Yes. Only white people like Star Wars.

Not until MaRey travels back in time and beats Vader in a one on one duel, redeeming him instead of Luke.

Is there anything more pathetic than a millennial memekid? Goys, soyboys and memekids are but different shades of the same failure.

Prequels are kino and only 12 year olds from reddit shit on them.
Stay triggered.

prequels were shit and are only less shitty now thanks to the garbage disney released.

Keep telling yourself that, honey.

Daily reminder that disney shills push prequelposting to pass the idea that only retarded contrarians dislike nuSW.

yeah its the last argument they have left: "X thing always sucked"….. low t soyboys webm related.

If you should have learned anything these past ~5 years it's that profitability is merely a means to an end and that end is the complete annihilation of you and anyone like you.

I want a Christian to explain to my why a loving God would allow this bullshit.

Shut up Mike. You ruined Star Wars.

Because cuttle fish are jewish.

Disney ruined Star Wars.

Putting human morals into cuttlefish may be more retarded than believing in the sky god.

t. centrist

t. retardist

All the normies I know liked rogue one. But didnt like the other movies.

Strange that it made the least money.

It had Star Wars as a tiny little subtitle and the trailers, as far as I can remember, didn't even play the main theme. Yes, that's enough to fly past a lot of people's radars.

Lucas ruined Star Wars
Disney mutilated its remains and shit on its corpse.

Well prequels can be forgotten and didn't really mess with the OT characters in a major way (expect for Vader) and the PT spawned some good EU stuff, also you forgot the part where disney raped the corpse.

Brainlet detected

Humans chose to live in a world of degeneracy. We had the option to live in Paradise.