Megaman 2.5D is out

The game is finally complete. Hopefully it's good. Can't believe this was only an animation at the start.

Get it here: petersjostrand.com/

Post your impressions on this thread, or call me a faggot / shill / gorilla marketer instead.

Guess I'll download it in case capcom decides to shut it down

Disappointment hits early.

Fucking hell, why don't these faggot fanboys just make their own fucking games.

Because it's fun.

Guess I'll download it and bring it over to a friend's place over the weekend. Might as well get it before it gets taken down.
I do agree with what said. It's better to make a megaman clone that can't be taken down over a new game/ROMhack that will eventually get a C&D but I guess your game will get more recognition due to characters already being from an established franchise.

Thanks for shilling your free game though, Peter.

Is right, why can't they just make Megaman/Sonic/Mario OCs and just finish their damn game without takedowns? That Sonic OC game came out great even though there's self insert furries.

Because they're faggot fanboys, faggot.

Megaman X > Megaman

Because asset creation is expensive both visual and audio. That and people are far less likely to give a shit if it didn't have the Mega Man name on it.

because then you would be complaining about the game being a rip off

I call it Chinese Sonic because it plays like Chinese Sonic. :^) Utter garbage

The reason why they made this instead of a full game is probably linked to the fact that this Peter guy is actually an artist and the whole thing was only an animation at the start. His video likely caught the interest of others who volunteered to do the programming side off things.

In others words, much like how Raita's initial design was the glue that kept 4leafstudio together until the release of Katawa Shoujo, the concept of a 2.5D Megaman was what kept these guys together for enough time to make a game.

Because you get a shit game like 20XX if they did.

That said, at least it has online co-op. Only upside.

Whats wrong with 20XX?

SJWs

Elaborate.

You mean the devs? First time I hear this. What have they done?

Autistic fan development confirmed
looks cool as fuck though, will keep an eye on

As someone who plays it regularly, on the gameplay side:
On multiplayer
On misc.
And much much more. it's fun but it has a fuckton of flaws.

Season 1 was the only good op in that shitshow Togashi ripoff.

game is early access and they have been updating the sprites of many enemies as well as bosses, multiplayer is still alpha so its not very stable but stable enough to play it. everything else is spot on except bosses, if you get the right power weapon you can shit on bosses easily.

Thanks OP. Great post. Would have missed this gem, if you wouldn't have blatantly shilled it here… Peter.

Go fuck yourself Kike, your days are numbered.

What's wrong user,
don't you have any friends?

Life of a Loonix user is suffering

The IP has nothing to do with the quality of the game

Looks like a shitty flash game you'd find on newgrounds

What the fuck? Has Holla Forums fallen so fucking low that we're on the same level as NeoFAG?
Or is this some d&c bait?

Okay, but what about the SJW allegations from

Are they bullshit?

Remaking an already existing game is easier and far less time-consuming than making a whole new game completely from scratch, it is the whole reason why modding is so widespread. Now fuck off back to whereever you came from.

You're not really disagreeing with him

wow, they did an exceptional job on this. The art is a little shit, but you can tell even that has a lot of love put into it. Hopefully if Capcom doesn't c&d them… it would be nice if they actually threw some money their way and even published their game similar to what happened with MMxSF.

mighty number 9 is better, inb4 edgy alt-right kids disagreeing w/ me

i thought he meant sets such as armor sets and different main weapons for character, and items such as the pickups that increase your stats. if you plan it right, you can kill a boss from the beginning that will give you the weapon to kill a specific boss faster, like megaman. its not hard to plan that.

Yeah, I'd say that post is bait.

Is there any doubt that "edgy" is the most autistic buzzword of all time? Funny how these are the same people who get assdamaged over how "overused" cuck is.

Fucking hell, why don't these faggot kikes just make their own fucking society?

Eh, it's already out and uploaded on most all file sharing site and even as torrent
If it does get c&d, the only bad thing would be that we won't get any further updates and any more content or bugfixes
I remember the AM2R dev was supposed to add a ton of additional shit but jewtendo had to fuck shit up
Though that didn't stop the Streets of Rage Remake devs

You should try to make your bait a little less obvious.

See, this is some good quality bait. I can't tell if he's serious or just retarded.

Yeah, I'm mostly saying it for the devs' sake. This game has more work and thought put into it than most new games so it would be nice for something nice to happen to them rather than getting a c&d for their hard work.

Though luckily, for as bad as Capcom is they are pretty good about letting fan projects be, or as I mentioned before, even supporting them.

user that kind of fucking shot has been done in fucking anime hundreds of times before the Bleach OP did it

HOLY SHIT
IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE?

I heard you can unlock chargeable mega buster in this game
Is this true?
Post more Roll lewds

Was going to support them until I saw they follow Feminst Frequency, last time I checked

It's shit.

This retard is going to need another 8 years to unfuck his garbage programming and game design.

It does. You have more strict guidelines with what you can or can't do. 20XX turned out to be shit for 3 reasons, the random generated maps, the focus on online co-op a la Rayman Legends and OC donut steal.

Not if you're making a fangame.

Unless you're doing shitty fanfiction game, you have to follow guidelines, both gameplay and story wise.

But, if you're the kind of dev who would stick to those guidelines in the first place, making an original ip instead of a fangame wouldn't suddenly cause you to be making a shitty game.

but whats wrong with it as a game?

I'm betting nothing since a hint of anything like SJW is enough to make people sperg out.

It is a shame most people won't play games because of that, a lot of games made by "SJWs" are pretty imaginative

Why doesn't he F(L)OSS it tbh

You could just make a megaman game an at the end reskin it. It's basically Axiom Verge. And yet, AM2R was way better.

Personally, controlling the character felt awful. It felt more like controlling the original megaman when he was on ice but with megaman X moveset. The shit "designed" stages, and the general theme and art style are terrible compared to Megaman or Megaman X.
Also, the multiplayer focus. I just wanted "Megaman X with multiplayer", but instead I got "Rayman Legends without the good design and all the problems".

I just pirate everything. I was hyped because I wanted more megaman, and inmediatly quitted.

did it at least have tits?

What do you think?

Nope. All robots and shit, shit designed at that, looks like Michael Bay or some other shit mecha.

Rayman had some sort of tits. I liked that barbarian chick.

It's only suffering if you don't know how to use WINE, and if you don't know how to use that you should go back to your original containment OS. Done with off-topic.

I never understand why would you faggots use a OS to emulate another OS. Is completely retarded. For DOS is understandable because DOS is obsolete, but Windows 7 us perfectly functional.
Linux is just a meme.

Have you played Origins or Legends?

Wanna know how I can tell you get offended by cuck?
It's not a buzzword if it's accurate.

I haven't. Is there some titty monster in them?

Origins has the faires, and Legends has its ten different playable human females.

Jesus christ I want to impale them on my dick not literally but close
Post more please.

It got updated
Most of that shit is fixed now

Edith is best fairy
Edith will never have enough lewds

This game suffers from being a pale ripoff of the original with slapped on rouge mechanics which do little more than make it feel badly balanced. After beating it several times my consensus is that it's not worth my time and probably not yours.
This game looks alright but then you start realizing that every level feels pretty much the same and the game has a lot of issues with its RNG.

Here are some of my problems with 20XX in it's current state:
1. BALANCE.
The first few levels are extremely easy, the middle ones get a bit harder but still lacking tons in level design. Many of the levels sections which aren't randomly generated are not that well designed. For example, there's a parallel corridor section on one level filled with teleporters. The top ones lead you down to the lower ones and vice versa. This is tedious and without challenge. You go through one wait for the teleporter keep walking and repeat. That's it…
I'd see if they made some holes on that disappear and reappear so you'd have to time your teleport more. Maybe even have an elevator instead with some enemies that shoot far-hitting projectiles.
However as it is now gives you a hint of a shovelware-ish nature. And there are plenty of sections in the game that you start to recognize. 20XXs platforming might make my previous statement unnecessary since the controls aren't made for it and neither is the level design, nor many of the upgrades.
2. PLATFORMING.
Your character doesn't have any weight. Its twitchy fast control makes anything easy to dodge and feels more like controlling air than controlling an actual character. What makes this even worse when you get the highjump boots or doublejumps.
3. POWERUPS. Most of your powerups make it, again, much too easy. The challenge is completely removed by either having jumps to the moon or a charge shot which destroys enemy bullets. However this very powerup and one of the weapons that also does this is one of the only ways to beat some of the later bosses(depending on which order you take them).
4. ROUTING. Going through the bosses from the hardest to the weakest first makes this game incredibly easy. so there's no point in doing so. If you want a challenge and a "game" definitely play the weakest bosses first (Not-Chill Penguin and Roll-Around-In-A-Spikey-Wheel).
5. BOSS PATTERNS. The boss patterns go from ludicrously easy pushovers to spewing SHUMP-like bullets. It's not that hard though if you have the aforementioned powerup which destroys enemy bullets.
6. DIFFICULTY CURVE. So it starts off with every enemy taking about two shots to taking 10-15 shots without upgrades. Boss patterns also have a similar scaling problem. In the Megaman games, figuring out how to beat a certain enemy is usually a unique and fun experience.
In this game, however, the bosses scale by adding number of shots they take to die. In the end you do a lot of standing still… shooting tediously.

With an artificially inflated difficulty curve to accommodate the use of upgrades, badly designed levels and a way too easy overall experience, I see this as one of the worst Megaman X clones
Megaman X1, X2, X3, ZX, ZX Advent, X4, X Corrupted(not yet released), X5(I'm aware it's got such a bad story and annoying text but if that's overlooked it's basically a poor version of X4), and the Megaman Zero games are all more worth playing.

This guy never stops being a pushover, I highly suggest him as the final boss.

Installer: d54df0e2350879ae2910afa2209b7ef003cbd017
Install free: 1711036dd8eff3506ef6cccd9af8d728e6c386cf

Not one of you linked the torrents, shame Holla Forums, shame. Thanks Peter and Co. for continuing developing and finally publishing the game, properly.

Megaman X > Megaman Classic
It's because of that "le 8-bit" meme that classicfags like to jerk off to
That's why games like MM7 and MM8 are comparable to the X games (at least M7)