Shitty Laptop Gaming

Okay Holla Forums,

I'm on vacation for the next few weeks out of town, so I brought my shitty i3 laptop with me.

I don't have a mouse so i'm looking for some games that don't require a mouse and can run smooth *enough* on this piece of garbage.

Also they must be *fun*

Also I'm a fucking idiot and fucked up spoilers

What genres do you like you jackass?

I'm a big fan of puzzle and platformers (2D preferred because I can't imagine a 3D platformer would be easy to play).

Check out Zachtronics games.

Sounds like a plan user, Thanks mate

Why no mouse?

dorf fortress can be played on a toaster and just a keyboard (except for the main menu, which requires a mouse)

I just forgot to bring it and I really don't care to buy a mouse for the 3 weeks i'll be gone.

I know there are cheap mouses out there but i'll end up just trashing it once I'm done so I don't see the point.

If you're on vacation out of town why don't you do vacation things?
As to answer your question, download retroarch and a bunch of ROMs, unless you're emulating ps1 and n64 all retroarch emulators will run just fine on your PC.

The original PC release of DMC4 runs great on toasters and has Zero mouse support anyway. Controller is better but the keyboard controls aren't that bad.

The Legacy of Kain games have great stories Soul Reaver 1 and 2 have a lot of puzzles and should be old enough to run well.
same deal as DMC4 with Keyboard controls only no controller support but I played them fine with keyboard only.

You could also emulate tons of Nintendo and Sega games.

Cataclysm DDA is a good keyboard game

Looks crazy, I'll check it out.

download some chess games

get your ass off your comp and enjoy life

Commander Keen or check out an abandonware site where you can sort by preference. Most dos games were made with the keyboard in mind.

Seriously where are you going thats so shitty you'd rather stay inside?

Alright, but I've played Infinifactory on a pad and it's not pretty. But what really hurts laptops is the low quality keyboards, so don't try anything too hard for yours.

Looks a lot like Dwarf Fortress? is one a rip off of the other?

I'm not playing fucking chess user

I have plans, I just need something to do in the mean time

the only real similarity between the two is that they're both ascii, but CDDA has tile sets I think

Spelunky
Isaac
Cave Story
Shawn Tea

Heard of the other 3, but what the hell is Shawn Tea?

Ikaruga is keyboard only and a good challenge.

Shantae

I don't think your power level is high enough to post here.

Bitch please, I enjoyed Undertale My power level hasn't even reached the charts yet. That's why I'm asking Holla Forums for advice.

Oh

Why not ask your boomer grandma for $1000 to build a "digital media editing station" for "3D software development"?

Kingdom of Loathing
The Great Gatsby NES

Both are browser based.

But for real though,

I'm gonna check out this list, thanks user's i'm hopping out of this thread.

Just get a $10 mouse you fucking poorfag. Also what's your laptop's specs? I can't recommend you any good games if it turns out that you can't even start minesweeper.

I'll go into some more detail about what I forgot to mention about Legacy of Kain.
The first game Blood Omen 1 is like a top down Zelda game but it doesn't give you allot of direction. I personally got lost too much so I looked up the story scenes and when to the next game.

You can start with and just play through Soul Reaver 1, 2 and Defiance. the story is fine that way.

Blood omen 2 is an alternate Timeline so it's a standalone story
The Steam Version had problems for me
you have to Manually set the game to only 1 core or else it will crash and you need to get a Frame limiter
if the frame Rate is too high things like elevators don't function properly. the game ran fine when I limited it to 60fps
The GOG version of the game may or may not have fixed these problems I don't know.

Blood Omen 2 is my personal Favorite but you can skip it if you don't want to deal with fixing it

If your laptop screen resolution is at least 1600x900 then you might try Aurora 4x. It should run on almost everything and it's also free. It require a mouse though.

generic list of easy to play games
>>>/hgg/
get some nice vns,

Did you play Blood Omen on the PS1 or the original PC? Because they're kinda slightly different games, Also there's a sourceport (in darkplaces) of Blood Omen called Blood Omnicide. It makes the game a lot more playable.

How are they different? Which one do you recommend?

I played the PC version without the source port.
i played the game fine I just got lost is all and i was eager to play Soul Reaver for the first time.

Apparently the PS1 version is faster than the PC version, literally faster in speed. But the sourceport can modify that speed like the PS1 version. But that's the key difference between the PS1 and the PC versions, I'm pretty sure there's more differences but that's all I know. Also the hud in the webm isn't the original hud of Blood Omen, it's actually a lot more cluttered. Like another user says "it's straight up top down zelda", which it is. Oh and the sourceport has a whole remastered soundtrack, it's pretty fucking amazing.

Take the battery out
Set all the power options to high performance
Edit your ini for Intel HD Graphics and give it as much ram as possible.

get VVVVVV

Toki Tori 2 is pretty god

Touhou games were always my go-to on my craptop. Rimworld will also probably run fine on a shitty pc.

laptopcuck here, try these out
-spelunky (the retail version)
-ikaruga (uses the keyboard for movement regardless of mouse)
-dnd: chronicles of mystara
-one way heroics

Jagged Alliance 2 with 1.13 and Patrician III are my go-to games on my netbook.

I usually play Quake Live on my laptop, it'll run on anything at a decent fps.

Space Station 13 is probably your best choice. I used to play it all the time without a mouse when I was too much of a poorfag to afford a cheap corded one.Which honestly, you should buy.

Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus

play underrail the expansion should release this year

This should be obvious. Play good old fucking games on emulators, you twat.
They are awesome.

terraria

I'm on an old ass laptop right now. You could go for some classics.

Baldurs Gate probably runs pretty well if you like RPGs

Master of Orion 2 is fucking amazing and I've returned to it even on nice computers. Same goes for Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Both great turn based 4x strategy.

If you want to go really really old, SSI's Gold Box series is fantastic if you can get past them being as old as dirt. Pool of Radiance shows it's age too much imo, so going with Champions of Krynn or Gateway to the Savage Frontier is a good start. Death Knights of Krynn is the best one in the Krynn series though, and Champs is pretty mediocre, so you'd be all right if you skipped it.

PS1 emulators run pretty well on my piece of shit and I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics, but I'm sure anything under PS1 and lower would run all right. SNES has fun shit of course.

Also on a craptop here, not in dire straights yet but I plan on moving soon and don't know how long it will be till I get a desktop up and running. Laptop has an AMD A10 if that helps
Right now I have
>Sengoku Rance and Rance 5D+ 6 collection
>Kamidori Alchemist Meister

I also have all of Geneforge, Binding of Isaac, King's Bounty, and ToME on steam in case I need them. If all else fails I could resort to some old DoS games like Dark Sun or Lands of Lore.
Anyone have any more suggestions? Do you think something as high as an alpha protocol or a valkyra chronicles would run on a laptop?

Mount and Blade or Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Lot's of old stuff here. Usually a small installation file means a low requirement game, mostly

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:25fb0fb1598db3c5575268171ca24f5ae92cd0c9
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6e3ba486bba69dc0aa836901676054a45dce7a36

In the same vein, is there any way to get XCOM 2 to run playably on a literal 2007-tier toaster?

Lots of good suggestions already, but I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Shandalar yet. Yes it's Magic the Gathering, but it's a full game with a real campaign, not just the pay-to-watch-ads bullshit that they crank out every year these days. Also it's basically abandonware at this point.

By no mouse, I assume you mean 'no fast movements.' Underrail is a great turn-based CRPG you can take at your own pace. Cheap, DRM-free (off GoG), and has hundreds of hours of content. I really enjoy it.

How does it play?

I found it boring and uninspired

Same here. The system's alright but everything else's so uninspired. Didn't care about anything.

First Soul Reaver game, if you haven't yet. But that depends on how you define fun.

I was hooked with the game and now I have to drop it. Fuck me.

No, and that's because you shouldn't be playing shit games