Metroid: Rogue Dawn

archive.is/68iwL
IPS download page: romhacking.net/hacks/3280/

New ROM hack for NES Metroid, it is a patch and not a stand-alone rom, keep in mind
Personally haven't tried it yet, but I thought you guys would want to know before Nintendo shows their love for their devoted fans

Other urls found in this thread:

dropfile.to/1J5GTJb
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=18620.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also, is nestopia the best NES emulator out there?
i would like something that has a good crt filter, or at least a scanline filter that don't shit itself.

Use the nestopia core in retroarch.

WELP, game has all the many problems the first metroid had, they didn't even tried to fix them like the rom hack for castlevania 2 did.

Starting with 30 energy, not being able to shoot downwards or crouching and janky terrain that makes walking jumping very shit killed the rom hack for me.
Sad really, as the graphics and sound are amazing.

Probably will still play for a while to see if things get better, but i am not hopeful.

Gonna give that a look, thanks user.

Someone patch this shit and post a ROM please.

Goddamn user, you're on vidya imageboard and you can't even patch a fucking NES rom yourself?

go download lunar ips do it yourself.

i actually read the manga, i don't remember any humans working for ridley.

No, I can do it. I'm just lazy. But, you're right. I'll just fucking do it. However, OP is the faggot who should've already done it himself and posted a link. Same principle as webms, really.

dropfile.to/1J5GTJb
Link to the patched ROM if you're too lazy to patch one yourself

On that we agree, but OP is always a faggot, so he is just fulfilling his role.
Also, retroarch doesn't scan romhacks because they some faggy crc list some guys named no-intro made, and if your hash is not there, they don't put your rom in the list.
As always, modern developers always fuck up when it comes to details.

Nestopia is alright, Fceux is used though on a "speedrunning" level. Retroarch is a shitty meme.

Also, look at these fucking reviews. Reddit spacing up the ass and so many EPIC EPICLY!!!!! XD XD. Fuck this shit. The Legend of Link was a shit romhack by the way.

Holly shit, this looks fucking impressive for a NES ROM hack.
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=18620.0
well shit if it runs on NES then that is even more impressive.

it indeed is better than the original metroid, but it's sorely lacking on QOL shit that would help the game immensely.

i would't be surprised if it does, the areas are very small, kinda like megaman, i think that was made to not overflow the memory of the NES, the map system i good to have too.

Eh, I will try it. I have to go find my modded nes controller though

Retroarch is a fucking blessing if you hate input lag, with it having Hard GPU Sync and Vulkan support now.

Yeah, tried to play the game again, and this game is a fucking antithesis to everything i like in videogames

They should've made a romhack of zero mission, it would fare way better than this.
i would give this game a Bleach/10. awesome art, bad everything else.

Where did that come up? You just said
Which is how he's addressed in both the manga and the instruction manual for the first game. If you were talking about the fanfiction story present in the romhack, then yeah that's dumb and completely unnecessary.

(check'd)
That may be, but I'm not gonna try until it takes less than 10 hours to set things up.

This is the best thing after AM2R. Good post OP.

I'm playing it, got to the second area after getting the high jump boots and bombs
I'm liking it a lot, the art and music are great, the difficulty is good and the level design is quite nice.
Go play it fags.

Reminder that Retroarch 1.4.1 is out we wuz netplay n shiet nao