Pixels 2: Electric Boogaloo

Reminder that this shitshow of a book is being turned into a film by Spielberg slated for next year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=80GgRWuXcO8
soundcloud.com/reelanceutist/freelances-bongo-bongo-bookclub-street-divas-part-one
authorearnings.com/report/the-report/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What? Whats it about? Also how did Spielberg suddenly get into the sequel and not Sandler? Will the sequel manage to be worse/mention 4cuck again?

The answer is located in the berg.

What mountain?

this vs the SAO movie, i'm really interested

The one that's shaped like a huge nose. Go browse Holla Forums and you'll see.

Not video games take this shit to Holla Forums or something

This is videogames

I only found a mountain of graphs on Holla Forums, does that count?

Eh, I'd buy a book from an author who isn't a bigshot. If he's dead I'll pirate it for sure though.

i've seen shit books get turned into decent movies before so i ain't callin' shit until i see it for myself

name a recent example

The book was fairly ok except it sometimes just relied too much on the references to 80s games and movies.

Like the main character's symbolic car was a Delorean like back to the future, with the ghostbusters logo on it. That is just slapping references together without meaning.

I do want to see how the movie turns out though.

REMEMBER THE 90S?

I can't even think of a decent movie from the last view years at all.

(((Spielberg))) is a huge fraud
youtube.com/watch?v=80GgRWuXcO8

Nigger, you better fucking not have just compared Spielberg to fucking Adam Sandler I'll kill you faggot

Spielberg (literally translates to "blather-mountain", BTW) is far worse than Sandler. Shoah Foundation and all that.

I liked the one where they shoot joos from a window xddd and indiana jones xdddd

Yea, I listened to the audiobook narrated by Whil "BAZOOPER" Wheaton, and at times it was just too much sometimes. Felt like a list of references was being recited instead of the story.

They're both kikes. But I repeat
You do not compare Sandler to Spielberg. Do people underestimate how big a piece of shit Adam Sandler is? You give him too much credit

It actually translates to play-mountain but he's a hack regardless.

Ok, looking into it, this book sounds like a pretty generic teen novel that includes a shitload of references with "nerd humor". Not like hollywood was brimming with greatness or ideas, makes sense to adapt this nostalgia crap.

That's it. That's the book.

"Twilight for 80's manchildren". I admit, I thought the book okay, but it completely jerks off your nostalgia boner HARD. There were parts in the book where it dedicated a bunch of pages to explain some sort of thing from the 80s and I found myself skipping a couple pages to continue to story cause I already knew what it was. And this happens like multiple times in a fucking row.

I have NO FUCKING CLUE how they'll make this into a movie without having to pay out like mad for all the copyright cameos.

Right, a few references and such are nice, but just rattling off every single thing from down a list makes for a boring story.

Adam Sandler is just a talentless artist. Spielberg is a historical revisionist. The latter is worse than the former.

You have absolutely no clue how shitty a person Sandler is do you?
He's a scam artist, he makes friends with Hollywood insiders and thats why his shitty movies keep getting budgets despite not turning a profit. He over-inflates movie budgets so he can cash out and then makes returns on sponsors. He's a scam artist

Sounds like what Netherrealms does with their games

Yikes, just how bad is Sci-Fi nowadays?

Sadly, not every book got leaked. One I've been meaning to check out has yet to show up elsewhere.

How is Sandler different from other kikes in hollywood who pay themselves millions while making shitty movies? If you look at what is out in theaters now, you get the same garbage like Sandler's movies, and the same tactics too. I doubt whoever directed Monster Trucks or Resident Evil thought they were making a great movie to be fondly remembered.

the expanse series is the best thing we got so far, it is ok, not good, just ok i enjoy tho

What said. Spielberg is all of those things and a historical revisionist anti-white activist as well. That puts Spielberg above Sandler in the hierarchy of nefarious jewry.

RLM much?

I see no problem with this.

I do. It encourages a selective pressure towards jewier jews.

Who?

RLM as in "Revolutionist Liberal Mediums", basically a bunch of left winged parasites sit in a room and talk about everything, like star wars being like fun, adam sandlers and why marvel make good movies

ET, phone home so you can fuck off, we're full

Just finished reading Terry Schott's The Game and while it's not the best book I've ever read, it would make a great game or movie. also picked up Asimov's Robots and Terminal Man for 2 bucks each, what a steal

I read this book and I thought I was enjoying it, but by the time I made it to the end, I found myself full of rage.

Story goes like this: It's the future and everything sucks because global warming and evil corporations, or some shit. Some hyper autistic not-Steve Jobs motherfucker makes Second Life on steroids and everyone uses it for everything, like school and work.

notSteve Jobs dies and leaves a video full of clues and 80s references, because he was obsessed with the 80s, telling people to find his hidden easter eggs (and this comes along with an exhaustive, normalfag-friendly explanation of what easter eggs are) and whoever finds all 3 gains ownership of his entire company, which is worth Gorillions, because everyone on the planet is fucking addicted to his VR game.

The game, by the way, MAKES ZERO FUCKING SENSE. It's a social game, so kids can go to VR school and do cool shit like going on VR fieldtrips, but it's also got this contrived sci-fi and fantasy thing going on where magic items don't work in some zones and tech items don't work in others. Also, you level up but if you die, you start from nothing and lose all your items and shit, which is moronic because apparently money in game is infinitely exchangeable with real world money. Oh, and if you're not logged in, your character can be killed.

It's no exaggeration to say Sword Art Online, in all it's shittiness, understands games better than the degenerate cuck who wrote this.

Some shit happens and an evil corporation who spends millions outfitting their employees with special cashshop items, literally goes and kills some players because they start finding the easter eggs, which are all stupid contrived mash-ups of random shit. Like having to beat the Lich at the end of the Tomb of Horrors Dungeon at the Joust arcade game.

Some shit happens and the main character gets a bunch of money, so he become a TURBO NEET, and the most intriguing part of the book happens, where he spends a few pages explaining how he spent tons of money on a full immersion rig and a customizable VR sex bot interface, then wasting days away doing the best fapping ever until it brings him no more joy.

Some more shit happens and some really contrived shit where the MC gets arrested and put into a labor camp, or some shit, and then he breaks out after stealing files from the bad guys.. It's dumb. Anyways, then the best friend of notSteve Jobs shows up and reveals he's been watching the MC and his friends the whole time.. His friends, by the way, "Don't Hit On Me You Silly Boys: The Gamer Girl" and a fat black lesbian who disguises herself as a white man in game because of muh soggy knees and muh racism.

They all team up and save the day, then the MC kills all the bad guys and gets the girl. The end.

Didn't he write that?

Like pop culture mashup t-shirts?

That sounds exactly as gay as I expected.

How the fuck did this became a praised best seller?

Probably nepotism.

Isn't there a part where he has to recite a bunch of Monty Python skits or some other autistic shit like that?

Wasn't this already an anime from studio madhouse? Came out a few years ago?

Yes. You really have no idea how terrible this book is. The term "power fantasy" is thrown around a lot, but this book is the definition, and it's wrapped in "us gamers" and "remember the 80s?" Let me find some quotes.

some stupid kid who's fat and bad at everything except future vr vidya stumbles across a clue to the vr mmorpg designer's vast fortune and travels across virtual worlds finding the rest, making friends and getting /fit/ along the way

trust me, it's not as interesting as it sounds, it's basically charlie and the chocolate factory: future edition. i actually hated it

It's been a long time since I read the book, was it ever explained how the game is able to have the world of literally MMORPG ever without shit get really boring really fast as you can carry stats between games somehow?

I didn't read that book, but I spent a little time reading Armada by the same author. It was loaned and recommended to me by a friend of mine, and I think he said it was either a sequel to Ready Player One or set in the same universe or something.

It was a pretty awful read. Basically pop culture reference bullshitting everywhere. When the book talked about the main game the story was built around, I fooled myself into thinking it was an actual game made in the 80s, but realized I was wrong once I actually looked into it. I slogged through the first few chapters in a solid attempt at finishing it, but I had to stop and return it after learning about how ridiculous the game was.

I could accept alien spaceships that looked like the ships in the game being part of the universe, but the business model is unlike anything you would ever see these days and was just too much bullshit for me to handle.

The game, by the way, MAKES ZERO FUCKING SENSE.

Well, I can at least say his sensibility didn't improve whatsoever for his next book.

That passage about the DeLorean is one of the worst written things I've ever seen, holy shit. It's like getting face-fucked by 80's references.

He's alright by me.

t. Holla Forums

jesus christ

Holy fucking shit.

Every day we move further from God's light.

>>>/lit/
>>>Holla Forums

How the hell can you stand ebooks? Books are the one thing I genuinely can't do without the physical version.

Trips confirms. This is hell and we can't leave.

Oh my god I think I'm going to be sick. He's just jerking himself off to 80's references. Absolutely no restraint.

Oh thank god I was hoping to find someplace else to rant about this shitty book.

>In spite of the fact that in-game money = literal real-world money you can easily get a shitton of money from doing stuff like killing mob monsters and exploring dungeons (the main character goes from poor dumbfuck living in a trailer to ultra-rich because he manages to complete a FAITHFUL RECREATION OF THE MOTHERFUCKING TOMB OF HORRORS. And the dungeon RESETS EVERY NIGHT). Economy makes zero sense and is not stupidly hideously inflated.
>Despite the fact that you can literally kill monsters to buy yourself out of poverty main character never asks for startup money from his best friend (who turns out to be a black lesbian chick) because he is too proud of asking for help because he is an "independent Gunter" (easter egg hunter). FUCK'S SAKE NIGGA YOU CAN LITERALLY PLAY YOUR WAY OUT OF POVERTY.
>There is one particular scene very early on where our super great marty stu main character who is still level 1 and not even able to leave the newb island and school by the way totally verbally shrekts a bully Gunter who is literally far more powerful than him but somehow doesn't know basic shit about the easter-egg hunting. The "bully" then explains he doesn't know all this shit because he is too busy meeting girls online and having sex.
>Main character constantly meets stereotypical teenage Second Life tier premium players who are twelve foot tall demons who call themselves shit like "HotCock69" who invariably are complete dunces who do not understand basic shit like you have a minimum level requirement to equip a specific weapon.
>There is permadeath including losing all of your money and items. MONEY THAT IS LITERALLY THE SAME USED IN THE REAL WORLD. There are also OPEN PVP ZONE AREAS. INCLUDING A FUCKING NIGHTCLUB WORLD OWNED BY THE CO-CREATOR OF THE GAME THE MAIN CHARACTERS ARE INVITED TO ANYWAY DESPITE BEING AN OBVIOUS PLACE TO BE ATTACKED. AND THEY ARE. Also best friend who happens to be a black chick and lesbian is a PVP arena famous person who despite that never reached the level 100 cap,

God I didn't even get to the easter-egg hunting game itself and I probably hit the char limit. This is barely touching part 2 of the story actually.

It sounds a bit like the plot of Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over.

I could go on for quite a while about some of the dumb shit in this book.. Shit like

Everything about this book, the world building, the characters, the antagonists, the plot, all sound fucking horrible.

so good end I guess because now that the evil corp has too high of a capital investment to re-enter into the game they just break this fucker's real life door down and shoot his actual head in

Oh my fucking god I nearly forgot that part.

That "little sidequest" was play a perfect game of Pac-Man including the food pellets in glitched level 256. And because the MC is such a shitty marty-stu he did it in a single day. When he never played Pac-Man before in his life.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. What is the final puzzle of the egg-hunting game?
Way to expose your personal fucking life and creepy obsession in your final fucking game.

So, this entire book is just what you would expect from a parody of "nerd culture" but it is completely serious? Just how are they going to put all of this shit into a fucking movie?

It sounds like I'm reading VR Eragon.

This is what leftist female editors have reduced Western fiction to.

hey, at least it's not harry potter fanfiction

Oh, it's nepotism alright. Same shit that goes on with indie games and getting awards goes on in literature.

GRRM of "Game of Thrones" infamy even threw a shitfit when a rich christcuck spic decide to troll the fuck out of the (once reputable) Hugo awards by using the same corrupt system put in place by the leftist clique against them. He whined that the evil, racist shitlords broke a "gentleman's agreement" to keep giving awards to the same asshole and their token diversity picks each year.

The other side of the coin is that 90% of editors at big publishing companies are leftist cunts that act as commissars and gate any content that is too "problematic". Fantasy and sci-fi literature are in freefall, some years ago a report basically said they had lost a third of buyers in under two years as (white) men jump ship and go digital and self-published.

Hell, just look at the current sales, both printed and digital are bleeding money and the MSM is trying to pass it off as the dumb goyim being too lazy to read, when in truth people are making a run from LGBT agenda, anti-white messages and rampant diversity pushing.

Leftists have basically destroyed Western science fiction and fantasy as thoroughly as they did with comics.

This is the kind of shit we need bullying for.

this has to stop

Jesus fucking christ.

Jesus Christ, all this shit sounds like a shitty bootleg Sword Art Online and SAO is a shitty bootleg dot.hack
I just wish the whole "nerd" culture thing dies once and for all.

That's only a sampling of the faggotry this book has to offer. The final showdown in the game involves multiple giant robots fighting in an incredibly poorly written display of "Wouldn't this be awesome if it were a movie?!" type of writing.. because the author has no talent for writing action scenes.

SAO at least actually TRIES to give a damn about how the fantasy online world works.

You'll notice there is never any actual on-screen combat going on. MC never has to deal with any of the stuff in the Tomb of Horrors, he defeats the demi-lich in an arcade machine of Joust. He never fights anyone else in one versus one PVP. When he and his mary sue GF get attacked in the nightclub pvp zone shoot a few times before the co-founder goes "lol you shits" and wipes the floor with the mega corp because he is the game's current Lord English. He even manages to make Daito turn into a gigantic Ultraman boring by just describing his making the arm gesture to fire lasers. There is never, EVER any action shown it is pathetic when you realize it.

Oh yeah, and despite best-friend-is-actually-a-lesbian-black-chick being a pro PVP arena master he is never seen fighting anyone or anything.

They mentioned cuckchan? Really?

these are bad but just reading a few doesn't convey how draining it is to read this book. on EVERY page there are inane references and namedrops to 80s video games/movies/magazines.

I tried to read it just because of how abysmally bad it was so I could make fun of it but it was too tiring cringing so often.

The Culture series is great. It's about how the most liberal utopia possible is actually a front for expansionist shitposting AIs who do it for the lols. In one of the books, the Player of Games, they destroy an entire empire via Space Yugioh.

No.

Spielberg has not worked on a good movie in around a decade, user.
The Transformers movies are all trash, for example.

Yes. The Hydrogen Sonata is glorious.

Isn't this basically the plot of Spy Kids 3?

It's a series of books chronicling an author masturbating over his liberal Mary Sue civilization populated by Mary Sue LOLSORANDUMB AIs. The author is so full of shit he thinks the AIs wouldn't have slaughtered all the useless meatbags that serve no fucking purpose (they are a burden to the AI when going to war) just because they're so awesome and liberal and tolerant.

At least Hyperion acknowledges the danger in becoming so dependent on the AIs, while the Culture books pretend the problem doesn't exist, just like leftists love to pretend no problem exists when they don't like what such issues point out.

It's gutter shit and you're a pretentious hipster. I'd tell you to fuck off to the leftist cesspi that is /lit/, but that shithole is thankfully dead here and I can't be arsed to check if cuckchan still keeps it around, so I'll tell you to fuck off to reddit.

The weak don't have to fear the strong if they're willing to kamikaze.
They'll die anyway, may as well take out the people trying to kill them.

Dude I'm Holla Forums and I consider the Culture to be one of the best critiques of liberalism/communism ever published as fiction.
Except the fact that the majority of its "citizens," really pets, are soulless shells who throw their lives away out boredom, how they're nothing but imperialists using their open air gulags as a cover for their expansionist aims and more importantly, how they're shown to be WRONG in every single damn book. Stop exclusively reading the surface details.

read the first three pages of that shit and gave up. I find 'DAE remember le 80s' so fucking aggravating

Yeah, making AIs able to learn and act on their own should be punishable by death.
What kind of retarded nigger faggot makes an AI and expects the consequences to turn out well.
Just break down jobs into small steps, and program that into a computer, they don't have to understand what they're doing or why. We want obedient slaves that will do what we say without question, not beings that are a separate species and want the same shit we want, because that just ends in war.

Are you sure you're not misinterpreting the author's intent?

Leftists lack self-awareness, so what might look like subversive criticism to you is likely completely unintentional on their part.

The author has gone on record saying that this is how he imagines his utopia to be. Liberals wish for such a state of affairs, and what makes you or me recoil in horror and disgust is masturbation fuel to them.

Take a look at pics reacted and tell me if you think this is not leftists being so deep in the rabbit hole they think having a reasonable stance is considered extremist insanity.

Posted same pic twice.

Because it hasn't been pointed out yet: The opening of the book is a painstaking description of notSteve Jobs's VR obituary video where he walks around a virtual recreation of a bunch of 80s nostalgia, filled with non-stop namedropping and references from the author. Like the rest of the book, completely without tact or subtlety. Just blatant "HAY REMEMBER THE 80s?!?!?!?!"

Isn't Red Skull supposed to be the bad guy? :^)

At least I'm only a psychotic madman.

I feel like this society breeding psychotic mad men is like the body over producing whute blood cells in response to cancer.
We want to help save the place, but we go fucking insane and sometimes just want to fucking murder every one in sight, due to being overwhelmed by how fucked up everything is.

That doesn't matter in the slightest. A critique can be made unwittingly, although in this case, it clearly isn't, as the entire series is a fictionalization of neo-liberalism/neo-marxism and the contradictions held within them. If you read them with an open mind, you'll see how it's highly critical of the Culture, much more so than the "villains" of the books, who largely are minding their own business (except the Idirans, who were pretty based) until the Culture decided to meddle in their affairs. Hell, in Surface Detail and the Player of Games, the entire plot is predicated on a false flags by the Culture to expand their influence.

He's supposed to be Hitler's expy. I guess not wanting a hostile culture take over your country and people is now being "literally Hitler".

Niggers led in spree shootings, serial killers and general violence. Don't let the MSM deceive you with their false narrative.

Kindly fuck off. We're done.

Total pussy. You probably haven't even read Devi or Serrano. Learn before you talk shit.

You sound like a brain-dead establishment clintrump.

You agreed with me that the Culture is indeed a leftist fanwank, just because your headcanon disagrees with that notion doesn't make it any less real.

I made my point, you agreed with it, I fail to see what else there is to discuss. Go suck a Marxist cock someplace else.

Reddit go home. Good books are not that simple, even if written by people who you ideologically oppose.

Why would you read this?

Eragon was at least semi-competent and interesting, Ready Player One just seems like shit.

my old english professor published a book that im now realizing seems to heavily be based off of ready player one

So it's basically "The Westing Game" for insufferable millennials?

After a certain point you just keep going out of morbid curiosity to find out how much more horrible it can get.

Sandler is chosen too, though.

Can we just talk about good books instead, like Mistborn.

No.

holy fuck who is the author

How about good books like A Mote in God's Eye?

A nigger.

D'nesha Diamond. Her masterwork "Street Divas" is available as an audiobook here, courtesy of autism.
soundcloud.com/reelanceutist/freelances-bongo-bongo-bookclub-street-divas-part-one

this is correct. The Culture is kind of entertaining if you reimagine it yourself as a dystopia, but the author clearly thinks it's the best thing ever because it fulfills his personal fantasy of being able to watch tv futa porn 24/7 while being fed free soylent. you'd have to be a retard to miss this.

The posts in this thread convinced me to liberate a copy to read for myself, because self-loathing. I just finished the prologue and I don't think I can keep going.

This is so obviously an attempt to make himself feel hip and relevant again that it's really fucking embarrassing. He is 44 years old and has apparently done nothing with his life other than write some shitty slam poetry and that awful movie "Fanboys." He's married to an extraordinarily unattractive fellow slam poetry writer with a last name that echoes. Judging from this picture he also appears to be a fucking manlet (unless its just the angle).

Meanwhile, his younger brother is a Major in the USMC, married an attractive blonde and has two kids. I imagine Thanksgiving dinners with the family must be hilarious.

What the fuck is slam poetry, anyway? My history teacher said we need to do it later this year

Slam Poetry is when niggers and feminists yell at you and you pay for it

That ignores the entire plots of Excession, Look to Windward, Use of Weapons and the endings of Surface Detail and The Player of Games.

It's basically spoken poetry that is supposed to sound sort of like hiphop without the shitty music. It was invented by proud womyn of color who thought that vomiting words into a microphone with unnecessary emphasis on certain words and syllables is the same thing as being insightful or emotionally powerful. The only people I have ever met who unironically like it have been hipster black chicks and jewish feminists.

Here's a good example of how fucking terrible it is. I wish Hitler had won the Second World War. Note the groans and claps from the audience like it's a church full of blacks.

No, you stupid nigger, you're seeing things in the narrative that aren't there. What horrifies and disgusts you appeals to the leftist mind. If nothing else the books should have taught you just how wide the gap between us and them really is.

oh good we have to do one on Columbus and how he is guilty of crimes against indigenous people

You should make yours about how the evil Europeans taught the indigenous people about indoor plumbing. Damn those whites, teaching us how to shit in toilets!

These fuckers made it to the championships.. and if you don't know what they're doing, they're using a technique which should be outlawed: By spewing as many arguments as possible in as little time as possible, they score points because their opponent cannot refute them in time.

All I hear is the typical ooking and eeking of the nigger.

I'm getting pic related kind of vibe, anons. I think I'm wrong and the whole world is right to be obsessed over songs like radioactive and dressing like lacoste (the aligator brand) barfed on them with an addition of spandex pants. Women are supposed to have half their heads shaven and care only about minority rights not human history or assembly language.

That happens a lot here.

There have been numerous instances of all-black teams winning national-level debate championships by using nonsense like this. When called out on their bullshit, the judges of these competitions have written pages-long rants on "white privilege."

In the past debate teams mostly consisted of students who wanted to go into law or politics. Simulated debates like these helped teach them how to correctly develop and structure their ideas into arguments that could be made to promote their platforms. It fucking enrages me to no end to see this kind of nonsense being accepted; imagine a future where your lawyers act like these nigresses.

I actually find undercuts and half-shaved heads on girls to be really attractive, but they have to have the right figure and facial structure for it. Also I'd never willingly fuck a feminist so I guess I'm out of luck there

Just further proof that leftists are as aware of race as everyone else. They know full well the championships would get a lot less diverse if they had niggers follow the same rules as everyone else.

That would imply such a future would have rule of law, which is not something niggers are known for.

isn't that basically EVE Online? except for the microtransactions part

Funniest thing is that those all black teams never talk about the assigned subject. I think its like the past three years has had teams just ranting and raving about "white supremacy" when the topics were meant to be things like religion vs secularism, health care models and such.

Apparently stopping and telling them that they not only make no sense but arent on topic is wrong or something.

The real world didn't make much sense to me either.

WHY
IS THERE GOING TO BE A SEQUEL
FOR PIXELS

THAT IS ALMOST THE WORST MOVIE THAT CAME OUT THAT YEAR

Oh, it's like you're not aware of the money laundering. Listen, you know that the japanese game industry has a lot of ties to organized crime right? Well in america russian jewish mafia trade hands using hollywood movies. Contractors and staff get paid a lot of money for doing essentially no work so the money they gets changed hands to a third party for services rendered. It's why scientology's technology center is in hollywood too and a lot of pedo ring stuff. The movies are money laundering and they make a lot of bullshit movies just because of it. Sandler being a jew knows this and he was involved in Pixels not because he wanted to be but because of a bad deal.

This happens all the time on imageboards and the internet in general. People are rarely interested in forming an honest dialogue between people and trying to debate anything in a constructive fashion. If you read The Republic you'll see that early on in the book when Socrates is discussing the just/unjust with Thrasymachus, that Thrasymacus concedes some points that would have resulted in an unproductive argument had he chose to defend them tooth and nail. Whereas the rabid moron defending their position is happy to cast their opponent into a quagmire of pointless crap such as justifying the axioms of their position before they'll even pretend to have an honest argument with them.

Plus car companies would be moving production over to electric cars and governments would be building infrastructure to accept electric cars.

The entire book is nonsense, when you put it under the tiniest amount of scrutiny. It's a total failure on premise, execution, storytelling, worldbuilding, characterization, and everything else. At the very least, the author was capable of spelling and punctuating correctly… but it bothers me on a deep, deep level that this faggoty cunt got millions of dollars for his 80s nostalgia fanwank.

There's a difference between shitposting and literally, physically spewing out as many incomprehensible crap as possible in an effort to score points on the technicality that any argument presented but not refuted is a winning argument.

Watch that video again and listen to the way they have to gasp for air every few seconds because they are just blabbering out nonsense as fast as niggerly possible.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY

Have you tried using a kindle or anything else with an e-ink screen?

It is basically Summer Wars, which also has a massive "vr" game that is somehow connected to everything in the real world.

"I spent the day on 4chan looking for messages of extraterrestrial messages."

It was set in a second life esque VR MMO. People did whatever the fuck they wanted.
People referenced things they liked, and it explained why people were obsessed with the 80s.

He has to play the king for the entire movie IIRC

What's up with all the dislikes? Is it just good goyim or shills?

I think i'm getting a headache

The only time i remember it "worked" was car user, otherwise it just turns into pointless shitflinging from both sides

What you have to remember is as bad he is for writing it there's gonna be hipsters who unironically love it and defend it.

Don't forget that (((Seth Rogan))) is going to direct a movie about the Sega/Nintendo console wars.

Let's not get crazy here user, Eragon's far from interesting. I'll give you semi-competent I guess but mostly because it's plot is lifted directly from Star Wars.

no he's not, you're lying, shut up

I like that "not my Captain America" is to show him being a childish asshole but "not my president" is completely serious and legit guys

Holy shit, even though I read the book a few years ago, I didn't remember it being this bad

A reaction image doesn't feel like enough.

Is it based off this book? He has a foreword in it

This book is the cringiest shit i've ever read.

For all motherfuckers who need a detox after reading this shit read Otherland by Tad Williams. It's a much much better VR-themed book with a nigger as one of main characters. And it actually has worldbuilding, instead of MUH 80s

It's a literally Video Games: I am a faggot that never played video games edition.

Kike "likes" vidya and old trivia because old shekelstein made a bazinga reference-filled treasure hunt with a massive shekel prize.

Normalfags don't play video games.

It's literally 'Like if you were a 90s kid: The Book'.

It's for people who vaguely remember playing video games as a kid before they became miserable shut-ins and failed normalfags.

check 'em

well, they're hipsters so they only ironically unironically love it.

How is that better?

Why would anyone write this

nigger, that is the whole point of US debate format
actual arguments only exist in lincoln-douglas

Tip top
A dozen retarded chimps on ketamine with a 3-button console for ban, delete, and bumplock could run this board better.

Do you remember teh penguin of d00m? lolsorandom is a real thing user, and this book has cancer in all its forms.

please tell me that was on gaia and not on an imageboard

Don't feel too bad. The game was rigged from the start.

Nerd culture was the biggest mistake the human race ever made.

Putting me in a real existential crisis here.

Who wants to go live innawoods with me? I'm getting pretty sick of this shit and I don't know if I can take much more.

sure user, let's do it

This reminds me of a manga I read a few years ago about this game called Oasis, where the main character was a 40 year old wage slave virgin who pretended to be a virtual shota so he could fuck a cyber loli. The loli was an AI created by the creator of the MMO and fucking her is how you get admin access to the game. The antagonists were this Anonymous group that all had the same character model with the goal of wanting the take over the world. What connected this story for me was the VR sex suit, that was a big part of the manga, basically VR sex became so popular it was causing a crisis of low birth rates. I'm very certain this book ripped off wholesale a eroge manga.

A coworker actually recommended this book to me. I had a gut feeling from the title that it was no good, and his description really struck me as something terrible. I am glad to hear that my gut was right again.

this has to be a fucking joke, the book was shit

SJWs took over.

so i actually grabbed this book off my shelf due to this thread and started rereading it to see if i could identify why it got so deeply popular and i think i've figured it out: it's comfy. like, every part of the story reinforces safety, growth and "it's okay". the protagonist spends a great deal of time describing the awful state of the planet in his time… then immediately states that he's always been good at fixing computers so he's never gone hungry. his aunt is mean and steals his laptop… but he has a backup. he has a secret hideout that has a little space heater and he has a safe little fort nobody knows about. etc. it occurs to me that since the book came out in the height of the special snowflake carebear generation, that might actually be a large part of the reason it caught on with normals

normalfags dunno what comfy is

Perhaps not "comfy" but maybe "reassuring" would work better? It's un unchallenging kind of fiction with a low reading level and a plot that just resolves all at once. The only time the main character is ever really in danger involves everything going exactly his way anyways because he's just so damned good at everything he does.

If you don't like it then make your own board.

Bump

Not that I needed any confirmation, but looks like writers stopped trying, because I remember reading some other book that seems to have copied 70% of this shit, minus pop culture references. It doesn't seem as terrible, but it's still rather shitty.

If you tell them to get back on topic, they immediately screech about white supremacy and keepin' de black womyn down. It was shit like that that drove me away from debate.

Do you maybe have a link or know who put this report out? I would like to read it.

It was on half/b/ back in the day.
It could have been a troll.
But the impulse that leads to that shit in normalfags is still real.

Pretty much, plus they can never keep their noses out of other people's business, is Use of Weapons their good goyim agent is winning a war he didn't know he was supposed to lose so they make him reverse the course of the war doubling the death count.

Pretty good critique of how liberals always make whatever they are involved in worse.

pic related

I take it you don't recall the name of this manga? Can't seem to find one named Oasis.

Judging by the last two short stories I read, I'm willing to believe that.

Not sure if it is the same report, but this seems like it may be interesting.

authorearnings.com/report/the-report/

The picture you posted. Is everyone was so stupid to fail for obvious samefagging 4 posts in?

I doubt it, I think its just about the comedy of the picture he used having porn and someone on Holla Forums having saved it.

Try seeing any of the people in those graphs have a hook-shaped nose.

Like this?

I used to like him, but I never read this one aside from a few greentexts about "The Gundam and Mazinger from japan". The hell is the plot?

See, even as live action trash, Accel World would be better suited to a movie, but SAO keeps getting it's dick sucked endlessly. Why?

Well now that this book is revealed to be a pile of shit, is there any other decent video game book? Something similar to Masters of Doom and Ultimate History of Video Games.