Elder Scrolls Lore

Haven't seen one of these in a while.
Starting off with one question:

Is Talos divine? I think he is, but there is much debate on this subject.

Also ITT: Elder Scrolls lore concerning ESO, and especially the upcoming ESO expansion for Morrowind. Thoughts on what that will bring?

Ebonarm where?!

Yes. Duh.

Pls visit /tes/ pls

As for Talos - the question or not whether he is a divine depends on what you consider a divine.

The eight divines as worshiped by the Mer are all original Aedra, so basically symbols representing Anu, or the Static Force of the universe (also as shown in in the Elves original non-linear time form).

Talos on the other hand is a Shezzarine, which is an avatar of Lorkhan, which is a Padhomaic deity as Lorkhan represents change, as seen in the linear form of time he forced upon the elves, and which allows humans to exist.

Still, a the Shezzarines are not Lorkhan himself (who had a bit of a mixing-up with Akatosh to make time linear, much to Aka's dislike), so at best you could say Talos (or Ysmir, or Tiber Septim) was the human incarnation of Lorkhan, so he'd not so much be a divine, but the incarnation of a divine.

Of course, with Talos having CHIM, he'd have godlike powers by mortal standards.

I'm not gonna say "transcription error", but it will probably be a "transcription error". Also, IIRC Vvardenfell itself actually was strictly off-limits to anyone but the Tribunal and some few Great House nobles prior to the Armistice between the Tribunal and the Empire (so, several hundred years after the events in TES:O)

Does the lore even matter anymore? It's been raped so hard and it will only get worse with every release.

Based on these zero effort tes threads, I predict Bethesda will soon reveal TES VI: Hammerfell: The Niggering.

The best they could do with Hammerfell is to copy Black Flag and have you hump around in a ship, picking off Thalmor supply and military ships.

post lewd bosmer

Hammerfell would be cool if you would not make it a traditional TES game but some kind of CUHRAZY DmC clone where your Redguard protag fucks shit up with sword magic.

I mean, the Redguards managed to nuke Yokuda with a sword-nuke, forcing them to resettle to Tamriel. What could possible go wrong?

Is lusty argonian maid actually behind everything?

Would make sense, considering the Thalmor threaten all of creation, they threaten the Redguard people and thus an incarnation of HoonDing coming along to make way for the Redguard's future.

Talos' blessing allowed the Champion of Cyrodiil to destroy Umaril the Unfeathered's soul, therefore Talos is divine.

That entire DLC pack was a wild ride.

Thalmor please go

In the actual games, is Sithis the dreamer?

And does anyone have even a mild hope for the next game considering how long its been since then? I get that Hines said its not even in development yet, but if I were involved I'd be getting the story, culture and environment hashed out now hoping it would have more of a morrowind alien world feel to it. Also no fast travelling from the fucking map screen, give us some teleport spells or something so it doesn't break what little immersion is left.

I still haven't played it, with 60+ hours in Oblivion.

Yes. It's Todd Howard's fetish.

I knew that Elder Scrolls lore is full of some esoteric shit, but damn that's dense lore. Is there a "beginner's guide" or do I just start somewhere randomly and read everything?

I say this having some pretty good knowledge of the lore.

wat

Its addictive and I'm open about it tbh.

Yes. No. Maybe. As already mentioned before, Holla Forums has its own /tes/ boards where people dump various lore info. It's still really convoluted though because half of the "deep lore" comes from Kirkbridge, who only writes while under the influence of every drug known to mankind. This leads to funny things, such as Perinal Whitestreak actually being a time-travelling cyborg from the far-future who can fire laser beams from his left arm, to the Elven Queen Ayrenne or whatshername merely being a flesh-puppet by a rogue mining satellite who also travels through time. Oh, and the Empire had spaceships at some point, if only during the 1008 year dragon-break launched when Tiber Septim activated the Numidium and the golem assraped Akatosh/Time

I play RS3. OSRS is cool though, and I appreciate that having both games has allowed for cool QoL improvements in each.

Thank you. And yeah, forgot about that, I'll check them out. Is >>>/tes/ the main one, then?
What in the fuck.

What's the best TES race, Holla Forums?

Is it Argonians?

n'wahs gonna n'wah
telvanni master race

I vote for this.

REMOVE TRIPFAG

You took the b8, m8.

Best race is Breton.

user, it's spelt "shezarrine."

Talos is stereotypical Jesus. Elves are literal jews.

Is there any reason why should we recognize you in this thread? No, there isn't.

Supposedly they're waiting to make the next Tes on a better engine. I think theyre also worried with the lukewarm reception fallout 4 got. TES is bethesdas baby.

gamebryo 20th edition here we come

Or whatever ID tech can make for them.