EDF Thread

FENCER CONFIRMED ON EDF5 EDITION
he has a non military skin swap as well apparently
More info on the newest Famitsu as welll coming soon.

Whats your favorite:
GO GO GO

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/02/earth-defense-force-5-official-broadcast-set-february-10
gematsu.com/2017/02/earth-defense-force-5-details-fencer-grim-reaper-immigrant-ship
youtube.com/watch?v=x63Hc5Xnu0c
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv289462124
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's great news, OP, but I don't see why they'd ever omit such a fun character. Any news on a PC port yet?
Ranger is also the best class, no contest.

Is the game still looking like a budget PS3 title on a micro budget?

Why shouldn't it?

Probably, but who gives a shit about graphics?

This is a best selling franchise back in nipland and you are telling me that they can't affor something better?

Again, who gives a shit about graphics?

At least it isn't bioware.

Likely only when they confirm a western release.

Time to stop posting

DROP IT

You do know that EDF sells about as well in japan as Musou does, right?

I recently got EDF 4.1 on steam no bully I'm about 40 missions in so far. Should I stop and play some of the older ones? Does it even matter?

Nope. Keep playing what you're playing.

No. EDF 4.1 is a remake of 2025 and all the other games play identically except with less content.

I for one welcome our alien frog overlords

FUCKING EARTHLINGS GET OUT OF MY RIGHTFULL CLAY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wrong, its a remaster with added content and improved lightning, framerate and textures.

And it also releases just as many games as Musou, right?
Stop shitting up the thread
These games were always held with spit and the visuals have enough polygons, especially if you consider the scale and size of the game.

Nope, keep trucking, but it you want to check the older games and meet some older/uniqur enemies It doesn't hurt.
Just emulate Monster Attack and Global Defense Force.
Also check out Robot Alchemic Drive, its pretty RAD

wrong, its a port with a few upgrades

No, not even close.

Remake
It actually a Remake of Global Defense Force.

This

You clearly didn't play 2025, it has way less content and the cutscenes are simpler.

Hes right though, it has added the content, but the base content is still pretty much the same.
The what now?

You know those short cutscenes that play before certain missions? They were mostly reworked on 4.1

Earlier tittles play differently, ranger is way better at outrunning the horde, vehicles are either not present or extremely limited, weapons are more balanced, no corny dialogs, no ai edf buddies, less scripted events, less enemy variety. Overall, they are less of a shitshow.

That's a funny way to say air raider. It's easy to confuse their looks, so dont worry pal, I've got you covered.

Why?

Are you implying the gameplay is good? You just hold down the mouse button on giant unmissable targets. It's like a painting game.

I like it

I'm not wrong though.

I pity such people

First mission you begin at an EDF training facility so you look more like a metropolitan cop ala JDF in some Godzilla movies.

4/10, made me chuckle

You're just upset because the truth hurts.

oh hey cool
every time on condimentchan

when

Go back to >>>/cuckchan where you belong

Didnt a German(?) retailer accidentally confirm EDF and SG/ZS (amongst others) for the West?

Yeah

What's that, a picture for ants? And not even the giant kind either.
TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

i hate to be the nigger but is there a guide on how play coop on pirated version of 4.1?

We have to appease everyone, including the Immigrants shitlord.

FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK

The future is now the present.

I still play this with friends from time to time, it could have really used a PC port for 5 bucks its definitely worth it

THE EDF DEPLOYS

I still play it here and there as well. Especially after the vita version came out.

Did you buy EDF2 as well?

Indeed. Managed to find a physical version. I think it was the only one at the EB I went to.

Noice, how does the Air Raider play on that game?
I've always wondered since EDF2 is pretty much a remaster of GDF which is more than a decade old.

I thought that it was an enhanced port of the PSP version.

My friend linked me like 3 cracks, and he doesn't remember where he got them. Revolt has a steamworks fix, but no idea if it works.

But that's DLC!

i love how they handled DLC. anyone who bought DLC ends up with a shitty gun only useful for the 1st few levels on normal.

>Drop luck RNG is the reason I don't play games with drop luck RNG, since I have no luck without cheating after 200 runs of to get .

Wish I just had the burning spirit to defend the Earth like you guys.

If only Air Raider was viable solo on difficulties that mattered. Then it would be.

No vehicles, but unlike in 2025 some air support has a timer cooldown(5-60 seconds). Also, targetable missiles, one of which is a nuke.

PSP version is a port of GDF.

Theres no point anymore
Its either ASSFAGGOTS or MMOs
RNG is only on which enemies drop the crates, each mission has certain drops.
You can also mod the auto picker ito the game if you don't want that hassle.

A damn shame, any limpets/primary weapons?

Whoops, wrong image

i like that image though. except you forgot the part where theyre eating rats.

Checked.

If that shitty Gungeon game had online, it'd be that.

Gungeon is alright

Someone should put a room up

EDF is better

No denying that

Use smartsteamemu

Read carefully
don't you see anything strange here?
Also, I repeat, A FUCKING NUKE. Not as an endgame rare drop, actual type of weapon that has tiers of upgrade to it.
And, ffs, if I don't mention something, then it's probably still there, unchanged, meaning limpets and op turrets.

I just hope they work on balance, 4.1 was fucked on that side.

The game needs rebalancing, bugs do so much damage and are so fast and agile that not getting hit is the only option. Of course I'm talking about the higher difficulties (even if you don't want to play them, you aren't getting the majority of weapons otherwise), if you play on easy or normal your tank might survive a single ant acid blast at point blank.

Aye, my bad.
Thanks for info
Seems pretty cool actually
Limpets kinda ruin what the Air Raider is supposed to do.

Never said I ever did though.

How else am i gonna grind for gear?

you git gud

Hard didn't even seem possible when I started so I just played on Normal

How can you suck at videogames this much?
Did you get raped twice by the last wave in the first mission and then gave up?

Oh you know it famalam

All classes in EDF5 start as civilians being taken on tour of the facility as part of a public relations project when they aliens invade.

You fucking queer, just wait until you get to the dragons then you'll know real pain of being a casual.

Any EDF OC?

No, none at all

Bump

did someone say EDF?

Yes

I miss good drawthreads

Put him in a full red suit and give him a jetpack.

Most of the time only your progression with the game and weapon unlocks make other weapons obsolete. And even then online restrictions make them valuable. Actually there are barely any weapons that have close to none practical use.
One or two for the class and that's counting in subcategories.

Yes, it's too easy at it's current state, good thing you have an option to play with weapon restrictions online.

Limpets don't ruin what the air raider is supposed to do they direct the player in the direction of what he is supposed to do by being worse performer at a task than any other class. Air raider is all about indirect confrontation and there are all the tools to do just that even if you are playing alone. Being able to use his tools properly can make you better than any other class, since not only you manage to keep safe distance at all times, but you are also leaving a scorched earth behind you.

I don't know anything about this game, but a youtuber I like did a video on it. Is this game good?

Got EDF 4.1 today, it's like japanese serious sam and is brilliant. Don't know how you can play the game on normal or easy without getting bored, it's just like dynasty warriors. Go hard or go home, the game's piss easy otherwise.

You're in this thread so people will just tell you its amazing.
Not for everyone though, its uniquess, scope, scale, cheesiness and skill ceiling make it what it is.

Not this shit again
Crowd control was not created by SS and the gameplay has nothing to do with it.
Stop this immediately

Best couch co-op game.

Both games have well made engines that run smooth as fuck on any setting.
Both games have massed enemies in one area that are fun and easy to kite and kill.
Both games are fun.

SS didn't create crowd control, and I don't seem to recall saying it did, but SS did have massed enemies and a good framerate, with over the top guns and action.

So fuck off.

Yeah and it runs great on both so what's your point you cheeky nigger?

You implied EDF actually had meaningful graphical settings.
Thats my point, it was funny.

Might be that your virus protection quarantined a file, I got my torrent from IGG and it ran fine. Did you download it directly?

do you have an amd cpu? unpatched refuses to launch on some of them

Remove giant insect

You clicked the wrong settings button, user.

Or alternatively

He didn't, I did.

I can play with you user. Just post when you're on and room name

My God air raider embodies the absolute chaos of the game, calling down strikes and watching things burn is amazing.

More news and gameplay on the 10th of this month
gematsu.com/2017/02/earth-defense-force-5-official-broadcast-set-february-10

using the tempest on crimson.
the 1st 2 waves can each be completely destroyed with a single tempest.

its so satisfying to watch the legs/parts come flying like particles of debris in an explosion as they rain donw around you from the impact point that feels like miles away.

As someone who didn't know EDF until the steam version was released and these threads got me to check it out, I'd say it's awesome/10. The missions and enemies just get ridiculously huge in destructive scale, and when things work out you will feel like a badass more than any other game.
That said, I have no friends to play it with and every time Holla Forums hosted a room it was no-limit on weapon levels so everything just exploded as some air raiders with the best weapons for each mission pressed a button 3 times. And I do feel like multiplayer would make it way better. So keep that in mind.
And remember to pirate every game before buying it, you will never really know if you like something until you play it yourself.

EDF 4.1
Fencer
Mission 35 "Inferno" from 2025 (don't know if it's in 4.1 yet)
Spine Driver
Hate jumping spiders but I love when they die
Vegalta Fireghost

Sorry if sounds like a stupid question but do you guys think EDF 5 will keep the local co-op mode?

I would be surprised if it didn't.

Why the fuck did I ever stop playing this game?
Also, where's the room?

The timing on shield cancel is an absolute bitch to get right every time.
Jav cancel is way better for sanic fencer.

I main Air Raider son

My fellow non-immigrant! Too bad you aren't dash cancelling as that's what makes it really shine, but its still a decent alternative to the blasthole spear. Try using it against green ants.

Painting is fun.

See

This has happened to legit games before.

Google ain't tellin' me shit and I'd love to be be able to skip the busywork of picking up every crate after an engagement

Check the Steam forums, its probably there.

Alright I stopped being a fucking faggot and decided to go start playing on hard and I'm having fun. I'll probably try Hardest or Inferno since I already have some decent gear.

inferno you need a lot of fuggin armor

Ready your anus

What breed of giant insect is this?
pretty much this tbh

allahu akbar mark

Shit eating Bettle

Allah U Akbar to you too Hijab
I'm not Mark

Casual grinding piece of shit

Heres your attention you little whore

So what do you guys think they'll do with the air raider? I would like to see them do reloading airstrikes for Whale and Despina since AR really needs more weapons that don't rely on credits and aren't made of sad asses. It was something I really liked about IFPS.

Limpets that actually worth a damn or TF2 medic style active~ish buffing/healing instead of towers would be nice.

Air Raiders are the real heroes.

Thats garbage

Why? The boost beacons(darts?) are fucking annoying, towers obstruct view too much and 3 out of 4 times shit gets wasted. Better darts then?

Air droppable health packs?

To save our multiplayer game from Zionist attack

Go back to the CS general

also good

>>>/reddit/

That's called a Reverser, the Ranger has that :^)

No thanks

Truly the Ranger needs a third slot only for grenades with Healing grenades in there somewhere :^)

Immigrants go home.

Clearly you have not played 4.1 game on anything harder than hard, or any mission past the first beach head.

Who said anything about begging? Either it comes to PC where it'll be successful and more people will get to play it, a net positive for the planet, or it won't. Obviously we'd rather see the franchise continue to both be good and succeed. Faggot.

I'd like SG/ZH to be good, but aside from the devs not giving a shit about prude socjus with the subject matter it doesn't look fantastic yet.

Fencer moves faster than any other class. Air Raider is almost necessary for support in a lot of harder missions. The only argument I can see for WD is over Ranger, and even then only situationally. WD is best used in tunnels, and for guerilla style hit and runs. It is at best a second to any other class for any other purpose.

I'm pretty glad the DLC is useless aside from early difficulties. It's yet another casualfag filter, or if you know about it, another way to support the game.

EDF is pretty easy to pick up and play with randoms, for the most part. Playing inferno missions last night, I only came across two lame ducks, and it was a mission 81 farming room so there you go. It's great that dying makes you wait for someone better, or better positioned, to help you out.

Starting on Hard is the only option. It's weird how they labeled the difficulties. Obviously in the middle hard was meant to be normal, while the two below were meant to be easy and very easy, but I guess they hurt fewer normalfag feefees labeling the difficulties the way they do.

I wouldn't go so far to say that it's too easy. Missions where there are undodgeable attacks and various other fuck-yous which force you to depend on allies more than your own skills and reactions are more difficult. Besides, that's what the DLC is for, all of those are hard as balls on anything above Hard.

Eeeeehhhhh… Anyway the game's great. Hard and earlier teach you about enemies and give you the time to learn your character and their weapons, anything harder than that teaches you strategy on the later missions. Also that maybe you should play some more earlier missions and grab more armor. To the casual observer it's just arcade bombastics. To the EDF fan it's a hardcore realtime strategy game where you control a single unit.

I'm surprised you haven't seen a fencer use javelin boosting yet. The best fencers nearly always have a loadout devoted to just that.

Do all of online a favor and don't play Inferno until you've successfully completed Hardest. Also after doing some weapon farming on Crimson and MAYBE Machine Squad (not necessary really).

Agree about the credits thing. SOMEWHAT. You see the best air raider credit weapon is probably the whale "fuck you" strike which does a shit ton of damage in a decent sized area for hardly any credits, and will reload itself every time if your aim is good. In those situations I'd rather it be based on credits instead of a timer. Maybe I'd like it if they combined timer and credit so if you do fuck up, you can still reload the shot over time, but much more slowly.

Hear hear!

I have never seen a Ranger successfully use grenades in any difficulty. They miss or blow themselves or others up constantly. That wind-up, while seemingly a short time, is also a pain in the ass.

Favorite part of what I've heard about EDF 5 is that the invaders are called immigrants. Truly these devs understand the real problems with the world, and how to deal with them. Refugees would have been a better choice but I'll take it.

Created an inferno mission clearing room. Fullchan heroes assemble. Not sure how long I'll go but at least a few hours.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about the game, so tell me a few things.

How do I get thousands of armor I see people with? I only get 30 per mission, do I just have to do thousands of missions?

I've been playing wing diver and air raider, should I try ranger and fencer? Also the game tells me fencer controls differently, how hard is it to play fencer?

What are some good support items as air raider? The bunkers and support pylons don't seem to be doing much, do I just need to play inferno more and get better pylons?

More than 10k armor is most likely a cheater, 2-4k is enough to try inferno missions. All classes have their advantages and disadvantages so do try.
Fencer has quite a few "cancels" and without dash cancel set its movement is shiiit so while you can use 4 weapons it's more like you have 2 sets of weapons like other classes with 1 set being melee/dashcancel. What's really different is while many Fencer weapons are powerful they are unwieldy, you can't switch or move after attacking so unless you cancel you gotta be extra careful not to get raped because you can't dodge like other classes the fact that you cant dodge an attack with a small step, and thus make use of cover, only adds to that, learning when to run/switch weapon is really important.

She is the best anti-air with mirage for insects, especially dragons since they crash when hit, and laser sniper for mechanicals as they spin out from constant damage, best against flying vehicles.
The pure decoys are better than normal decoys and add the only decoys ranger can use. This is especially useful in combination with a ranger and air raider as the air raider can hop in a helicopter and fly over swarms while the ranger decoys the copter and kills things with a not-shit weapon. Very effective against green ants.
Sometimes it doesn't matter how well you aim as Whale decides the best angle of attack is through the one building or mountain that can block the target instead of the 90% open space around it. I agree to mixing reload and credits, have em reload over time but getting credits speeds it up.

Either use cheat engine to make each box count for thousands, farm tunnel spawns in hour intervals (there's a soft armor cap), or simply play through the game a lot. If you just pick up everything while you play then you will be surprised by how much your armor increases.
Fencer controls aren't any harder to learn than other classes, middle mouse is jump, m1 m2 are right and left primary fire, shift and space are left and right alt fire. He plays like a mix of the other classes, the versatile direct damage of the ranger, speedy close range hit and run of the wing diver, and thoughtful equipment planning and weapon use of the air raider. More than anything, if you are gud at playing AR then you'll be gud at playing fencer. Dash cancelling is pretty easy to learn, just alternate dash and shield deflect or hold fire a javelin and spam dash. The hard part is learning how to use fast well and figuring out what weapons work best with how you want to fast.
The best guard post is actually the L17 Guard Post M2 as it reduces damage by 60%, or L42 Guard Assist Gun for faster reload and ranged application but only 50% damage reduction. The best power post is L66 Power Assist Gun MG as it reloads faster, can be applied at range, and adds 50% more damage. The best plasma post is whichever gun you have as they stack. The best life vendor is a Caravan or a heavy dose of gud. Though guard and power posts are good for allies, they have the most benefit when used on your own vehicles since they have limited armor and ammo. You may not know it as it doesn't display on the HUD, but a guard post on the foot of a Balam will still apply its effect and drastically increase its survival, but a power post only affects the hip cannons and thus is useless.

Semiafk rubberband the spawn in split screen.
2 load out slots of 4 weapons that you are able to choose to your liking. Dash canceling, blocking, countering, sluggish aiming on heavier weapons, OP missiles that require an airraider buttbuddy, heavy recoil handling, semiinvulnerability states, ragdoll canceling and so on. Earlier on you are eased in by overall powerfulness of weaponry that obliterates pretty much everything with relative ease and as you dive further in to the missions, you either learn most of those mechanics or you suck dick.
I'd recommend sticking to the ones you feel comfortable with at first, since, for example, it would be less of a pain to manage clearing of the difficulties. Maybe farm for some weapons beforehand before switching to the other ones later on.
Air raider is a pretty deep class mechanically, so it's kinda hard to give a through answer to that question. There are 3 key things that I'm sure for certain: 1. pick the right tools for the situation at hand 2. communication is vital 3. take notes of the weapon synergies. He has a ton of extremely powerful, but extremely onesided weapons and the lack of slots really shows that.
As of synergies I can just give out a few loadouts:
Guard gun(shoot it several times at the monster that is munching you and you are guaranteed to survive), turret and some kind of a tank or a 50+ grape armored vehicle - general loadout for every occasion.
Shield barrier, claymore/limpet mines - being a bait to take pressure of your teammates.
2xZERA guns, a tank - for when you can't rely on your teammates.
Shield barrier, decoy, Heal AV - ultimate support for last mission, can work on other missions if you apply more thought to it.
Beacon gun, naegling self-propelled RL/fencer buttbuddy/missile equipped vegalta - ultimate carrier/retiarii/hector/deroy destroyer.
Never rely on a whale and other low price artillery strikes. Use high price artillery strikes only when you sort it out to your team that you are the key to all of their problems as long as your defenseless ass is covered at all times. If you have a wide variety of items to pick from and you pick normal limpet guns - you should either switch to ranger instead or off yourself.

Another thing about decoys is that you can place them behind mountains to keep artillery hectors from hitting you, or behind buildings for machinegun hectors. Place one on the last enemy to keep them distracted while you pick up boxes. They also can be used in some underground missions since they have a complex layout and blocked tunnels, yet decoys work purely by radius. A good example is placing one on the wall just behind you when you start Golden Darkness as it will distract one of the two gold ant spawns at the end of the mission.
On the topic of underground, turrets and some weapons can actually shoot through the tunnel barriers so long as you are running into them while firing/dropping. Also useful if you are split screen farming Golden Darkness.

Like as has been mentioned, these people have cheat engined their way to victory. Admittedly this makes some nearly impossible missions easier, it's also kind of a bummer to win that way. I have around 4-5k armor on my AR and on Fencer, and nowhere near that on the other classes as I don't play them as often. By now I can see 10-20k being possible for someone who only uses a single class, or grinded like crazy on the first tunnel exit mission, but that only really works with WD and Ranger.

WD and Ranger are the best for beginners. AR requires intimate knowledge about the weapon types and how they work in different conditions. AR and Fencer require you to choose loadouts specifically for the mission at hand, there's no room for choosing the wrong weapon, unlike Ranger and WD who can choose basically any of the BNB weapons and do an adequate job on most enemies. Fencer can control like sonic with the dash setup, or like a walking howitzer/gatling gun/wrecking ball, or a walking nuke dispensory with an AR providing beacons or a laser guide, depending on the weapons you choose.

This user gave some good advice. The gist of all of this is, to play Fencer or AR effectively, you at the very least need to be aware of what you're going to be facing, and preferably know exactly what you're going to be up against and try to cover and help in ways that other classes can't as well as you. In the case of the AR it usually means bringing a Railgun, Naegling, Helicopter, Caravan, or a Balam on some missions. For a Fencer the loadout is more important since you should ALWAYS have the dashcancel loadout and the other being the best one for the missiles.

So first two questions in short:
They cheated or played a lot. 30k or more armor you can assume they cheated, and they 100% cheated if they have 30k or more with more than one class.
Try every class and preferably get good with all of them over time.

Third question, the support items are far less effective on earlier difficulties, but to be honest there aren't any missions I think that require them or show their use below hardest. Good support weapons: Turrets (stick with the machine gun ones if you can), bunkers, and pylons once you are able/allowed to use the higher leveled ones. Otherwise whenever I play Hard I pretty much always use a turret or two with whatever vehicle I feel like using, since Hard is basically a cakewalk, especially at 4k hp.

bump because I left sage on

why is this motherfucker so slow aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ranger's a basic unit for killing. Fast reload, excels at long and mid range, great assault rifles, snipers, and rocket launchers. That said I seem to remember a sprint ability being added in 5, so there's that.

Hes the fastest in every way except in travel speed, but even so he has the fastest walking speed.

Maybe try to play with an AR friend who will let you snag a vehicle for transport on some of the larger maps, but really on most maps you don't need to move fast, just kill fast.

EDF doesn't leave men behind. Ever.

How long do we gotta wait for a proper scan of this? Although, I'm certain the stream will cover everything.

Did they confirm any new types yet?

Like that bug class that the one user was going on about not too long ago?

FOR THE PRIDE OF THE EDF!

(dubs dubs checked)
Stream? When?

I'm pretty sure that was just that user's fantasy class and nothing more.

NEW INFO NIGGERS
FENCER MAINS REJOICE
gematsu.com/2017/02/earth-defense-force-5-details-fencer-grim-reaper-immigrant-ship

Feb 10th at 9PM Japan time
youtube.com/watch?v=x63Hc5Xnu0c
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv289462124

Is it too late for me to get into this game on the PS4?

Its great single player as well, no idea how active online is.

Only if you can put upsub 20 fps drops
Otherwise I'd recommend the PC port which has a stable 60fps and has the loot drop auto picker.

wot

During the game enemies drop Armor and Weapon pickups which you will need ro improve your class.
Theres a simple script that simply pickups everything instead of making you move to the edge of the map as a single enemy is following you.

Might as well just cheat it all the way.

Maybe if you're 7 years old

Cursory search led me nowhere. Can you spoonfeed or give a hint on what to look for? Thanks.

So is there any news on a PC port for EDF 5? I'm hopeful because we got one for 4.1, but has there been any official word on it?

I'm wanting to play with someone on steam too
Ill be on in two hours in a room on hard difficulty idk the room name, how about starship troopers? Though it will be lvl 1 why do you have to start at the begining when you beat the game on single player?

Because the online mission set isn't the same as the single player set.

Streams starting now.

I did 4 hard solo as Air Raider and had a great time. Generally just takes knowing what equipment to bring to a fight after wiping a few times.

Steam forums

Theres still no release date beyond 2017 nor any mentions of localization.
They'll likely announce the PC port when theres localization talks or some months after localization.

A lot of weapons are straight up inferior to others within a very small level range, being so close that at most the level restriction will only be a factor for a single mission.

Considering you can almost count the categories on one hand, one or two is a lot.

Good luck on higher difficulties, even if you survive you could have been a hundred times more efficient by playing differently. Funny you mention shield mechanics considering dash-cancelling is basically a must for Fencers (again, mobility >>>>> defence).

Vehicles are the proper tools for the task only on extremely open maps and where fast attackers don't exist. On higher difficulties and later levels any vehicle that can't move fast enough to avoid attacks (90% of them) are sitting ducks that will die in a few seconds or less.

Thanks for proving my point about shit balance and pacing.

Gotta love how the instant defence of every delusional drone is always "git gud", even though I never mentioned difficulty. The game is balanced like ass, which makes a tonne of the content useless. Unless the game is balanced better, adding more content won't help anything, for every 100 new weapons they add only 1 is useful.

Balance is for no fun faggots, especially on Singeplayer/Coop focused games.

Confirmed not knowing how to use vehicles.

- ai buddies is bad
- having vehicles is bad

Kill yourself

The game is actually balanced but it's done right. As a Fencer, I've used because they were effective over 2/3 if not 3/4 weapon types over VH and Inf, can say the same about my friends who used the other classes except Ranger, but that ranger wasn't a true EDF Ranger. Some guns are used more often, some less, some are simply bad but there's a lot of to chose from if you don't jump class for every mission.

You're a definition of scrub. People don't mention difficulty because the only ones worth talking about are VH and Inf. git gud

NEW TRAILER NIGS
DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE STREAM AS WELL

That was a pretty good trailer.

They changed it from immigrants, dammit.

Yeah, what a shame.

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY IMMIGRANT ATTACK

Look, I may understand you not being that great at the game, but I can't understand how you are not able to read things cleanly laid down for you. I'll repeat the part that clearly went over your head "counting in subcategories", as in categories within categories which is like № times 3-5.

Did you even reach those? Because I have an overwhelming feeling that you are talking out of your ass.

Funny that you've ignored the melee part of that sentence, because clearly it had no reason to be mentioned at all. Surely, I could just settle for dash cancelling term and be done with it, right?
Wrong. Why the fuck would I imply a point that is the opposite to my argument, you dense idiot?

OHHH. That's why I was able to solo the game with an airaider on hard for the first half and then bump the difficulty to hardest on later stages. Because having regenerating 100k+ hp with an OHK piercing sniper accuracy weapon and auto aiming turrets at the same time isn't OP at all. Sure, 100k+ hp part doesn't exist anymore, but everything else is still there to make it a way above decent setup.

Other than that, you don't even have that kind of argument build good enough to make my words support it. No weapons or armor grinds will save you from harder diffuculties on/or later stages if you suck dick, be it 1k hp or 10, be it appropriate level weapons or clearly over the top for the current mission and difficulty.
I could give you some slack, and give you the opportunities to expand your argument to reasonable extents and meanings by giving you some points you could use, but you are too big of an idiot to be trusted in handling something like that.

You really are dense, aren't ya?

Oh cool, wing diver can dash mid-air now

How come they didn't show air raider?

They didn't show Fencer before either
They're likely ramping up things

If you literally just started playing, hardest and inferno are actually no-go zones. You could get through them on online play, but you won't be contributing jack shit. You'll only ever get gear relative to the difficulty you're at, and there's not a single weapon you unlock at normal that's worth using on hardest of inferno (Except for the javelin catapult for fencer)

Maybe they're waiting to reveal him with a new vehicle or something. Pretty pumped. Also excuse my newfaggotry but are all the EDFs except 4.1 in different canons? Because the trailer for 5 kept on saying it's the first time they've been invaded but in 4.1 everyone talks about the invasion 9 years ago.

EDF5 is a completely new continuity where this was the first Alien attack.

You could also say that EDF 2017 is a Remake of Monster Attack/EDF1 and EDF F2025 a Remake of GDF/EDF2

An user made a pretty decent chart explaining the localization names and continuity, had that shit saved but I can't seems to find it.

Basically, 1 and 2 are a continuity, 3 and 4 are a continuity, and 5 is a new continuity. IA is also its own thing, but it didn't even finish its own plot.

This is the EDF thread user

Spent a good half hour, must have been pruned. I'm pretty set for drops without needing to resort to that though. Thanks anyway.

The stream was kind of disappointing. I don't know WHY they let that first girl play with the ranger, seems like she'd have lasted longer playing the diver since the second girl did a better job, even though it looks like they're playing on the second easiest difficulty. Not a super big fan of the shredding of the ants, kinda grotesque, nor a big fan of the giblets either. Also not a fan of the fencer redesign, but the chargeable plasma launcher is interesting, even if the pushback seems pointless and kind of a nuisance. Hopefully they made it stronger to make up for the less useful firing mode.

What situation in EDF gives you a reaction like gif related?

None, and, if any do, you don't belong in the EDF.

So here's what I've gathered from all the recent footage.
Wing diver now gets an air dash/dodge that consumes power, plasma launchers can charge up similar to Fencer striker weapons, you can see the charge/magazine of your off-weapon, and it seemed like she has more power and weapons/flying consumed less, but that could just have been from the low level weapons or difficulty. cute butt
There now seem to be structure interiors you can access as is shown by the parking garage building, and to counter this ants can now destroy buildings with their acid.
AI fencers will probably use their boosters now.
I'm hoping that someone who knows moon will go over the stream and feed us more info sometime soon.

Green ants and colored smoke.

Queen hornet hornet
Spider nests
Green Ants

Sorry lad, I'm not buying it

I hope the existence of the giant frogs and greys doesn't mean that there are no giant robots.

If they are the same size as the immigrants, would they still be giant robots?
A man can dream.

Well, there's no guarantee they're actually the master race of the entire invasion force. We never saw what the actual ravagers were.

I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE

is it supposed to be a remake of 2017 or something?

No, its a different continuity altogether