Dark Souls 3 The Ringed City

So, while researching the Ringed City, I found out this is the last of Froms DLC for dark souls. Has this been the lowest grade effort series of DLCs by From ever? I expected at least 3 dlcs, especially with how poorly Ashes of Ariandel was recieved.

Who cares? Game is shit and this DLC is going to save it.

*isn't

True. I expected From to at least put a bit more effort in it. Especially after Ashes.

Did anyone else see the tower of barbs in the trailer?

Can From go back to Lost Kingdoms and Armored Core now?

It's a shame since DS3 clearly had more planned for it, hopefully Ringed City clears up any loose ends and ends the series on a good note

The Ringed City?
…More like Cringe City!

Why would they go back to a two game series? They have other longer-running series that have gone longer without a new game

waifus?

BloodBorne is the game that was first set out to be made from the beginning. Everything else was a playtest or a cash grab. I don't even like BloodBorne and I will admit this.

How about they make a new IP instead of endless sequels.

Why can nobody spell the title correctly? It's just "Bloodborne", like the normal word, like a bloodborne pathogen. I've seen "BloodBorne", "Blood Borne", "Bloodborn" and every combination between. I mean how long did everyone have to stare at that word on the loading screens before they patched it, it has to be burned into your retinas by now

I want to pump her rum.

I bet she's got a GREAT cock

I WANT TO PUMP HER RUM

Book of the New Sun Fromsoft game when?

When's it come out?

Did you forget they promised two DLCs for bloodborne and only made one ? At least this time we get the announced two.

Source? I don't want this pain to be real.

Thanks for letting me know to keep an eye out for a new DLC codex

The second one wasn't cancelled, they just combined them into one big expansion

March 28th IIRC.

Np fam

It shouldn't take research to know the obvious

And a good job they did otherwise that would have been just as barren as AoA. I imagine the 2 DLC's would have been split into beast and kin and while overall the 2 DLC's would be more content the combination they did release honestly feels extremely satisfying. Best DLC out of the Soulsborne games so far.

DS3 is so bad that it makes DS2 and its DLCs look much better by comparison.

DS3 was boring but at least it wasn't as legendarily shit as DS2.

I didn't play Ashes but wasn't it the shortest DLC from any Souls game?

Dead wrong. DS3 isn't all that good, its a decent enough game, but DS2 is by far the worst game of the franchise.

I beat it in 2 hours of blind gameplay. One okay boss and 1 "its fucking Sif again! Remember him?!". Dragon peak felt more like a real dlc than this.

DaS2 has actually good and varied atmosphere with interesting lore. DaS3 was about as limited and the tone is consistently feels just like breathing dust. All good horror games have moments of respite, it just makes the horror feel much better by comparison.

3/10

What the fuck am I reading.

(you)

Hardly any atmosphere to speak of and what little there is is ruined by poor world design. The lore is a mess and no one really cares about DS2's lore. The only real plus DS2 has over DS3 is build variety. DS3 is very linear in all of its aspects and this includes the viable builds.

You gunna get it now

I actually agree with you

DaS3's world design is shit and nobody gives a fuck about its lore because it's the same god damned schlock from DaS1 in a new skin with new names. Fucking shitty Bloodborne clone. That's what 3 is.

Wait, the first DSIII DLC already came out? When? How is it possible that I heard and saw literally nothing about it?

I don't know user, its been out for months now

Every time i see these kind of posts i read them with Al Pacino voice.

I hate how movies either have the volume pumped up all the way to jet afterburner or they might as well be completely silent.

It's really a shame, because DS3 is dope as fuck and deserved a proper send-off. It doesn't quite have the world design of DaS, but it blows the design of DeS and DaS2 out of the water, and has the best and tightest mechanics of the entire franchise.
Such a good damn game.

Ashes of Ariandel seems like it was either a rushed job or a content drip, maybe both. They promised two DLCs, and intended to release just that; however, I wonder if they only had funding and manpower to expend on about three or so on a half-Old Hunters scale, or else one full and one half DLC. As a result, the first release had to be very self contained and shortchange the playerbase so that things didn't end on an explicitly sour note. I will be cautiously optimistic and say that the Ringed City is going to be exactly like the Old Hunters, both in being relatively large scale and in the fact that we never even get to see the second half or so of the DLC in trailers, only the first leg of it and a few hints at some elements in middle parts.

We might get some gameplay inside the early Kiln-lookalike Dreg Heap and maybe a few more shots of the vicinity of the Londor ritual sword tower & the painter girls' mother, but the Ringed City itself will only start at the halfway or two-thirds point and will never be teased, just like we never saw the Fishing Hamlet past the clock, and if I remember right never saw the medical labs either, just Maria's room. It'll probably be Londor and we'll probably fight the third sister of the Sable Church and then meet and/or slaughter some jewsnakes. Maybe there'll be a fourth ending or even a fifth linked to the DLC like everyone expected to be the case with the Crowns, since I don't imagine new ending sequences are going to be too hard to put in compared to the labor for the DLC itself. The main difficulty in that sort of thing would be Frog Nation doing the translation & recording work for new voice lines as they're already doing for the rest of the DLC proper, the coding of said scenes should be dead simple.

This would not be the first time I was wrong, since I advocated the idea that the Scholar of the First Sin rerelease might be coupled with a major content expansion from rolling together the hoax DLCs supposedly linked to the spare palette swaps as a means to entice the playerbase, so take all this with a grain of salt, mind you. But that was a much larger scale speculation, where From hiding shit in the end of the series in a way they've already done once before is a lot more plausible. If you were a dummy and threw in for a special edition or a season pass out of brand loyalty or long-term miserliness, you'll probably get what you paid for and probably judge it based on whatever sentiment you had going in. If you pirate, you'll get it and judge it either on pure merit or cynicism, so do what you will. If you aren't either of the above, wait and see as always and avoid buying if it's shit and you don't need the closure.

Ashes of Ariandel was a bit short but wasn't that bad. Dork Sowells 2 fans crying "muh best content" are tripping balls and desperate to tear down Hidetaka Miyazaki to white knight the b-team. I guess if Ashes had Supreme Cheddar Smelter Demon or a five vs one Gank Fight then it would have been best dlc ever.

why the fuck do you want to fuck a crow that you can't even see

No. ds2 dlc feels like they were unfinished in many places. However they seemed to be finished gameplaywise. Only rooms/coridors was fucking empty. Only enemies and chests.
Speculation with no basis whatsoever. All we know is that its linked to main game story.

It was supposed to be the finale, but it's shit. I've spent more time on DS1 than 3 since 3 came out, and I'm bored as fuck of 1.

They should have just made a procedurally generated dungeon crawler souls with random drops and said to hell with the story.

Might be. At least on a second run where you already know what to do, you'll mop up the place pretty quickly. I'd say the real issue is that it's very dull; there aren't any particularly memorable set pieces besides the Corvian Settlement (somehow reminds me of G&G).
Also kinda miffed we couldn't get the Corvian Knight set.

Judging by the screenshots, the second DLC seems like it will be like Artorias of the Abyss - one area that recycles a pre-existing map and a entirely new one.

Also every time I play the DLC I never go towards the huge dudes off to the side to get their ashes and their set. I always just seem to run past all the hard enemies because they're either way too fast or do so much damage I don't feel like going through the tedium of fighting them. Even with other areas I don't usually blaze that hard, but every time without fail, I just start running around guys because the dlc was "balanced" to post endgame, even though the souls are midgame tier.

There's a point where it's time to stop and admit you're wrong.

you forgot the constant whining about ambushes and mobs of enemies in Dark Souls 2 despite the fact that Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 has that in abundance as well.

also sage for shit thread about shit game.

I usually mop a area once because autism but I'll cheese almost every Corvian Knight and try getting some parry practice on the axe vikings but I don't particularly like fighting any of those fuckers. They make the Dragon Shrine mace knight look fair and balanced in comparison.
But yeah, the area's rewards and souls are peanuts given what's thrown at the player.
Speaking of difficulty, I dread what the upcoming DLC will bring because we all know it's gonna more pants-on-head retarded than Blackedflame Friede. She'd be ridiculous even as a Bloodborne boss.

For honesty's sake, I'll say there's one area in these games I never stop to fight enemies and that's the stretch between the curse statue and the lighthouse lamp in the Fishing Hamlet because fuck that giant retard with the anchor.

But DS2 is objectively shit.

DS1 is still the best of the three but you're outta your fuckin mind if you think 2 is better than 3

My name's not Al anymore!

Why don't you try playing 1 again faggots? You'll soon realize that despite it's flaws 3 is better. And 3 could have been way better if most equipmente wasn't fucking dull as fuck due to it being tuned for PvP

Was this all Bamco's doing?

Back to Holla Forums.

Meh, this is the future you chose when you supported multiplayer, enjoy your gimped and useless weapons and lack of variety. Gotta make it balanced for muh pvp!

DS2 pvp was the best and that's the only thing it had going for it.

I defend DaS 2 for the PvP but you're giving me a bad rep. Fuck off.

The reason Ariandel sucks is because it was so small. Short area. Little to add in terms of weapons. 1 boss was an NPC with some wolves. The other boss was actually good.
Each of the DaS 2 DLC's had excellent maps with at least 1 good boss. Sunken King has Sinh (Dragon Fight that wasn't run around it like a retard which was Kalameet), Iron King had Alonne and Fume knight which were just good, fair fights. Ivory king had a fucking Raid boss.

The arenas were fun if you were a masochistic faggot, invading was great, and pvp was the most varied and interesting. Literally everything else blew fat chunks though. I did enjoy invading as a naked dung pie man when DS2 first came out

This
I fucking hate you faggots that complained about DaS 2 to the point where they dropped every improvement from it. I also hate the faggots that abused the broken aspects of DaS PvP that pushed from to have to change it to salvage the community.

But that's where you're fucking wrong faggot. Unless they sneakily releazed a massive patch people only used like 3 weapons and 2 builds because nothing else made sense.

Maybe if you were bad at the game.

The arenas were meant to be try hard mode and they were. Invading fucking worked (despite people bitching about SM) and the build variety was marginally larger than any other game. We lose all that shit though because "muh fast combat" "muh i frames" "muh poise stacking".

They've been adjusting the game poorly this entire time. I have over 500 hours in 3 trying to get as much fun as possible from it, and they've been making the worst fucking balances of the entire series.
Having an MP bar that can be replenished makes Magic too abusable so they nerfed it into the fucking ground to balance it out in PvP. You have to go full magic casting dick head or sorceries/miracles/hexes don't do jack shit.
They nerfed straight swords and curved sword damage so that they are slightly less bullshit. they're still bullshit
They buffed the swing speed and hyper armor frames of Greatswords so they're usuable. They're overbuffed now and 50% of all pvp is people spamming R1 with the Black Knight Greatsword or the Hollow Slayer greatsword.

No, I was trying to get the tail with a weapon that doesn't have vertical attacks. Don't try to tell me I'm bad at the game mother fucker. I've got literally, THOUSANDS of hours in these games and I have played through these games more times than you've fucking loaded a save. If there is a "That GUY" in Dark Souls PvP. I am THAT GUY. Don't try to bust that shit with me

Git gud

Pray, why would I be going for the tail and in what scenario do you think I was in going for the tail? If you are "gud" at the game then you can easily answer this question.
If you don't respond correctly to this I'm filtering you.

lol its the overwatch fag

There's some really good ones though. Got a lot of mileage out of the Millwood Battle Axe, Crow Talon and Onyx Blade. Then there's the Crow Quills and Follower Sabre that are the new go-to try hard weapons.
Onyx Blade is probably my favorite weapon in the game for the simple fact that the move set is very versatile and has a buff that lasts a good while for a small FP. And, sure, the GS buff helps.

Maybe RNGesus never smiled on me but I spent a lot of time running around when fighting Sinh, mostly because he spends a lot of time airborne.

If I'm honest too, bloodborne was fun to do post area mopping, it never stops being exciting to tear through enemies and drench my character in blood.
The only thing I really do in dark souls 3 for PvE is going to the dragon-kin mausoleum and fighting what should have been the dragon fuckers pvp covenant. I wish they brought that covenant back so you could just get summoned in to that one spot in the entire game, even if they run past that as soon as the bell chimes they're getting chased down by dragon-kin.

I don't understand the problem here, there's a great deal of weapons and even if I did the same build 30 times, which I basically have been doing, I choose a class set and stick to that; you just need to play like you actually care about making it a video game. Dark souls is and has always been a fucking action figure game, you make a character, you put clothes that don't matter for shit on them, and you give them weapons and shit, and you have it fight with the playset. That's what dark souls is. If you choose to muddle the experience by only using one weapon every time, or just going for something easy to play you're the one in the wrong. I pray for the day I will no longer see a faggot with an off hand caestus or a strict parry weapon.
It's honestly a shame because there's so much more fun people could have if they just played for building a character that looks cool and uses the weapon class they like, keeping in the lines with that by actually playing the role and saying, "This guy acts like this, so this is how I'll play him, this is how he uses his weapon, etc."
I suggest to everyone to do a Dante build at least once. Full quality build, meaning pump into every stat equally, sans vit, just pump that when you need more, start with knight and leave atunement and luck alone, and just play with the weapons how he would, try and fuck around with every weapon but use style and grace constantly, don't make any funny faces. Switch up your weapons, don't go for the strongest shit, just make your styles work.

Lmao how can someone be this bad at the game. Become competent.

Some people are actually confused, so I give them a chance. I've got time currently. This one however is just shitposting.

yes and filtered

The millwood battle axe is just a stronger battle axe. The Crow talon is just a shitty rapier mixed with shitty claws. The Onyx blade is just a decent Pyro Great sword. The Follower Sabre has a neat weapon art but unfortunately it is a curved sword so it's Overused. The real weapons of the DLC are the Scythes and Valor heart. They are genuine additions to the game. Unfortunately we didn't get anything to the level of the Sanctum mace, Obsidian Greatsword, or the Pizza Cutter.

If you use range it will trigger Sinh to stay airborne. If you jump on him when he swoops down he'll stay and fight. A great many people don't pick up that the enemies in these games do certain attacks in response to certain actions. Another example would be that the Sword Lothric knights will 100% of the time, do a wake up swing if you stand next to them. This can be reaction parried over and over again to kill them.

you sound like a cunt. filter me too so we can both pretend the other never existed.

Also helps that enemies drop vials/bullets. While I play solo for the most part (pic related is another story), I like helping other folks traversing the area and BB was great for that so you could help with the entire area and with a competent group, we could tackle the boss with plenty of supplies while DaS3 area co-op always gets to that awkward moment near the bonfire where someone's getting their ass black crystal'ed (heck! I take the initiative now).

MORE LIKE THE RINGED SHITTY #REKT

The Ringed City sounds like a metaphor for an anus.

Roger that

I experience that problem too. I think that's a problem of there being too many bonfires though. You should get to the boss and think "Shit i've used too many Estus Flasks" rather than, "I should rest and get even more so I don't have to experience danger"

BB was great for the fact that you could just slice through everything and keep getting supplies. They tried to do that again for DS3, but that kinda feels cheep, and with how many bonfires there are and how they work compared to BB, it's just a bunch of concepts that don't work together.
I always summon slave knight gael and I keep him alive till the black flame, fuck that entire fight. She also always fucking kills him before she's halfway dead, so I don't know if he has any extra dialog or anything afterwards.

CARLOS! When that wall is built I will PERSONALLY toss your pun spewing ass over the other side!

I just replayed 2 from start to finish again and anything good about it is instantly trumped by the generally shitty level design.

The DLC areas are barren as fuck and duller than hell. Like another user posted it's just empty square room after empty square room with enemies that are more annoying than anything. The bosses and NPC invasions are the only good parts because they're (mostly) fair. Smelter demon 2.0 was just lazy as fuck, and the run to get to him is mindboggingly retarded between the the randomness of the enemies popping out of the jail cells to the wizards that immediately cast something that slows you down because why the fuck not, right? Also bonus points for the Shaded Woods literally being full of invisible enemies for some reason.

Monster closets, gank squads, sky-high poise, and shitty one way runs like the Iron Keep and Shrine of Amalia or whatever are low points.

Majula is gorgeous and comfy as fuck though. And the Lost Bastille is a neat idea that didn't get expanded upon enough. There are tons of weapons and armour sets too, and it runs really nicely on the PC, so there's that I guess.

3 was fun but too easy and kind of dull.

DeS > BB > DS1 > DS3 >>> DS2

It's more fluid in BB since there's no breaks. A mildly competent player can clear a place like the Forbidden Woods from start to finish (side trip to the clinic included) with no need to go to the Dream.
As for DaS3, I was a bit disappointed with how things went for the level design because the High Wall got me thinking they were going for something like DeS/BB and have lots of shortcuts but then comes the ol' "checkpoint system".

With my first build (DEX), I only took Gael and it was enough but with the others (STR/FTH and Pyro) I summoned one player instead because Gael wasn't cutting it and hybrid builds barely put a dent on her.
Some folks over do it though; 5 (host + 3 phantoms + Gael) wailing on her and it's a freaking gangbang. Despite all her bs, she doesn't have anything like Force/WotG so she can get stunlocked almost indefinitely.
I don't think he has anything to say but no worries, we'll be seeing Gael again.

Speaking of Friede, only recently I realized her theme is pretty damn good. Salt made me deaf.

On a different note, this one had almost the opposite effect. Phase 1 Ludwig had me livid but when I finally got him down to half HP and the cutscene plays and the music just hits me so well that the salt gives way to pure joy. Then I get demolished in seconds but keep charging in with newfound strength thinking I just have to hear the rest of the track.
Now he's one of my favorites alongside the Fume Knight and Artorias.

Also on the subject of phase 2 tracks, a worthy mention to the Living Failures. They might be the token "shitty boss" of the DLC but that part when they all stop as the very fabric of space tears open and you can see the cosmos as the music hits its second movement is just poetry in motion.

Thank you Jesus that was my favorite sword from DaS1

I know you get the lothric greatsword later but it's all bulky and I don't like metal slab swords; Zwei and astora GS are both my favorites still for this reason, followed by Abyss Watcher blade because it's so fucking cool. That and this cool axe right at the beginning of the game on the high wall, where the angel knight is reaching out towards; They use a glaive but this axe looks like the amazon's axe from dragon's crown. I fucking want it.

but they where not excellent maps user. The Maps where three sections, one of the sectors was had some gimmick, another section was a gauntlet where they threw a shitton of enemies at you turning it into an act of contrition. The only reason people even considered the DkSII DLC maps"good" was because they where slightly better then the main game. There was one good boss in each DLC, one mediocre boss and one throwaway shit tier boss.
Comparatively the map design of Ariandel was beautifully designed and has significant lore that ties into the main story. Its aesthetic and thematic beautiful. Yes, it was short, and not as good as Artorias of the Abyss or even half of the Old Hunters but what was their was top tier in terms of quality. In fact Dark Souls 2 has way too much garbage items and spells that people will never ever use in any build.
Dork Souls 2 fans still don't understand that Quality > Quantity (and I don't even hate DkS2, my shield design is in the game. Hell considering Tomohiro Shibuya had to fix the game after Yui Tanimura fucked it up he did an amazing job. Hell I still play DkSII from time to time). It just seems people are jumping on a meme bandwagon and not seeing it for what it actually is. Its the same size as the Painted World of Ariamis because it IS painted world of Ariamis. Now would I have liked one more section and one more optional Boss? Absolutely, but if it wasn't DLC and you found it naturally in the course of the game people would be singing its praises.