English 3 bellwork

What has caused the intellectual, qualitative, and moral decay of vidya and other media in recent years?

hard mode: don't reference Semites

The need for ever increasing profits.

2007 due to both a huge tech boom which saw a shitton of consumers flooding the market and the financial crisis which saw companies take less risks and smaller companies who took huge risks to die, creating new standarts altogether, standarts who are only now slowly changing also semites

And those profits drawing in the normalfags that then try to bend the hobby to their misguided will.

It's the education system.
Most specifically when it comes to artistic mediums, including story writing.

Feel free to write out a 600+ word response for me, if you have the time. I have all day to read autistic posts at my work.

Ashkenazi jews aren't semitic.

In regards to your picture there, can I reference the chinamen?

Seriously though if you go to AMC you're a pozzed piece of shit that should go die in a fire.

whats your job user?

>>>/SomethingAwful/

>>>Holla Forums

Neet
:{

Liberal standards and morals being taught in education institutions, mostly in high schools and universities. You've also got your famous idols and celebrities preaching said morals and standards in the media, Twitter and much more because they're either paid to or misguided by those preaching in a similar manner. I'm not saying being politically left or right is bad either. It's just the extreme sides who don't bother to acknowledge their issues and continue to shit fling shitty opinions and arguments. Albeit, the left side has really taken over the general media like a malignant tumor because idiots are easily swayed by emotional reasoning rather than logical reasoning. They're the types to fall for pyramid schemes and similar scams too.

You asked for it.

OP, you've got between three to four main culprits after eliminating your spoiler, which tie into one another. The easiest to identify is the rising cost of making a game. Not only is it expensive to make a game, but one of quality has gone ballistic in the age of HD+ graphics. Smaller studios cannot compete with the behemoths, so we've lost a shit ton of variety. The market is almost down to the biggest AAA houses like EA and you can notice it when looking at the tiny pool of even decent games compared to previous years.

Second is the financial crisis of 2008. Some mention 2007, but it's tied together with the following year. Both of them managed to fuck up just about anything left standing in the years following 9/11. Many smaller devs that were barely hanging on went out. People think that piracy was why the DS suddenly became barebones near the end. I think this is the culprit.

Thirdly, the Hollywood model. Instead of spreading out investments, game companies do stupid shit like betting their entire company on a single massive title nowadays, even though playing it safe can ironically be the riskiest move in some cases. It further drives down the amount of games released and drives up milking customers through every shady trick in the book. This is why 8th gen is the remaster gen, these massive titles take too long and too much money, so they're desperately squeezing any revenue stream possible.

Fourthly, you have the rise of constant internet access. It makes companies really lazy and greedy. They get to patch the shit out of games instead of busting their ass to get it right before launch, while the customer suffers big time. It also opened the door for dlc, microtransactions, to straight up fucking gambling at this point. Unless the government steps in, you will never see Half-Life 3. Gaben and pals make way too much money off the valveconomy to risk goodwill and resources on a game that's going to disappoint everybody now. Why else would they have extremely professional economists working at a video game company/online store?

You can see how each can tie into one another. My guess is that we'll see the true dark age when Sony goes bankrupt (75% chance in less than 2 years, never 5get) or development reaches a point where only EA and Activision cannot finance market quality AAA games. You'll see M$ fuck off into Win10 with Sony gone, as they only got in consoles to compete with them. Watch as Nintendo gives even less of a shit due to being the only game in town. The biggest AAA devs will retreat to online stores and most will start charging a subscription ala Xbox Live Gold. It may seem like bullshit that PC gaming would double dip similar to consoles, but where else would people go at that point? These are my shitty thoughts, hope you like them OP.

But aren't are tools advanced and cheap (even literally free) enough so that smaller studios could create really fun and innovative games in a jiffy if they actually put effort into it?
Read above.
I said not to mention semites. Jokes aside, you have a valid point, although this does kind of conflict with what you said earlier about smaller studios not being able to compete, because why would large companies fund smaller studios or make smaller titles? Maybe this paradoxism contributes to the cause I guess.
Another valid point, but I would say it's probably more about companies underestimating release dates and trying to move shit out by whatever holiday season.
73/100, user. Nice dubs.

Yes, but thats only a recent development.
From 2007 to 2012 everything was pretty much centralized.

Fair enough.
+4 brownie points. 77/100

Faggots like OP.

It's not that it's more expensive, it's that the biggest titles try to have Hollywood-tier voice acting and Hollywood-tier cinematics and Hollywood-tier graphics and so on. They try so hard to make it resemble movies that they end up raising the budget for everything but the actual game parts. The indie scene exists precisely because it's cheaper to make a game, but these companies are making interactive cinematic experiences.

There's also the advertising budget compromising 80%+ of the budget, which not only cuts into development funding but also makes the release date inflexible (as it will be announced a month in advance at least). Day one patches are more like pressure release valves than intentional time management.

They have the methods to make cheap games easily. I'm talking about competing in the big leagues. Back during even the PS2 days, there wasn't an insane amount of difference in graphical quality like there is now, so smaller devs could make games that could hold their own against the big studios. Now gaming is in the same bind for those many reasons, where games only exist in two extremes budget-wise. No middle-tier games.

It's about risk versus reward. Spend little, bomb little, studio survives. Spend little, game is a hit, larger profit to cost ratio. The opposite is true. Big budget successes have profits eaten by dev costs, while a single bomb can end the company. I understand the problem of making smaller games due to the graphical quality issue. For all the problems with the Wii & Wii U, Nintendo was right about putting off graphical advancements. Gaming would've been better off stopping the graphics arms race and make more of an effort to reduce dev costs. Of course you have the issues brings up because the game industry is jealous of Hollywood being more popular, despite making more money. Game devs want the fame too. It's never going to work, since TV/movies will always be the most popular for ease of use and cost. They're cheap, you only have to sit down and pay attention, and massive groups can participate in sessions compared to reading or gaming. Add to that celebrity gossip and low language barriers due to the visual nature of the medium, and gaming will never win that fight. Yet they keep doubling down.

You're right that part of the updates is reaching release dates, but I do think laziness plays into it somewhat. It must make going gold easier, knowing you get to spend the time until launch finishing QA testing or working DLC into the game. Or your company can't stop fucking up so you have a lifeline to fix things.

He said don't reference Semites
:^)

But there never was one