Post thoughts about games you've played recently

I couldn't find the picture that says "Stop, post thoughts about games you've played recently" but this should more or less do the trick

I was pretty impressed at first with all of the customization and small touches like the lockpicking and hacking minigames, but it didn't take long to lose interest and I stopped playing after finishing the mission in Moscow. Might revisit in the future but I just got a little bored

I'd already played it a few times up to the hardest difficulty and went back down to Normal difficulty to get Platinum on every mission over the past few days. I remember having a serious bone to pick with Operation 006-B on previous playthroughs but this time it was most of 009 that irritated me since it's pretty difficult to not take damage during the rail shooter sections. Overall it was very satisfying and still cemented it as my favorite pure action game despite a few flaws and gripes, won't be long before I go back to get Platinums on Hard

I liked it but I'm glad I didn't pay for it. It's short, pretty predictable, and there isn't much to replay the game for.
Still, I enjoyed it enough to finish it in one sitting and one of the houses hit the creepy sweet spot for me. I don't like bugs
I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this game and then I got to the diamond store level and remembered how fucking hard it is.
I'm trying to enjoy it but little things keep rearing their heads and cutting into the fun. Isometric platforming will never be good, the wonder liner is pretty damn finicky when it comes to getting everyone onto a build point, and the retarded gimmick bits where you have to navigate using the second screen drive me up the wall.

God damn it was fun, at first. I'm a fucking sociopath just climbing through the ranks.
Then I decide to kill the king, he's kind of a dick for exterminating my home town. Suddenly everyone fucking hates me for saving those cowards who wouldn't fight.
Bunch of bullshit this game is, I spent hours murdering dragons and wizards and shit and I never even got that sweet incest.

I've been waiting to play this for over a year, and with this fresh Windows installation, I can finally do it. I've only played it for the past couple days after work, so I can't speak too much on it. I'm about halfway to buying my first new ship, but this has been pretty enjoyable so far - the combat is satisfying so far and the music, while unorthodox, is pretty great. I wish it was actually a 3D flyer, but I can completely understand why they didn't do it that way. I'm concerned it might become shallow.

Please, someone help, it takes me a week just to play a single fucking game. It's pretty much an all-around improvement to every aspect of Civilization 4, making all the areas of the game deeper and more complex than before. THE AZTECS SHALL RULE THE WORLD

If you just watch the leader instead of the entire group it becomes easier since he's the only one who needs to survive, and there's always a circle showing where you are in relation to the ground

I think they put two of them in 001-A just so they could get them into the demo, but from what I recall there's only like six or seven in the whole game

I know, it's still shitty.

Finished the prologue, looks like fun stuff, planning to continue.

More of the same, magatama looks like objection but in the investigation segment, well written as always. Some contradictions on the case I'm currently in were a little obnoxious, but the most part was fine.

Some really fun shit, DF for kids, I'm too retarded for DF so it suits perfectly to me, the emergent narrative is just fantastic. It would be better with z-depth, breeding and slaves, but I'm mostly happy with what I got.

Adaptability really slows down the game at the start and I wonder if this was a move for the better. While playing without a shield, I feel the need to git gud, but reading enemies can be very hard. Or maybe these thoughts are nothing more than me feeling like a scrub for starting with Heide's Tower of Flame instead of the Valley of Giants. I also fell for the dual wielding meme, which probably doesn't work until I pick up a rapier.

Playing through on NG+ now and I relish the change in pace and challenge. I hampered the original run by savescumming, but in this run I'm trying to resist the urge. Which feels a lot fairer since I can plan things out much better now - transitioning a team to a new dungeon tier for the first time is still pretty agonising, though.

You realize you can just use the wonder-liner to make a bridge across any gap, right? Or use unite spring for any jump that isn't quite far enough. I mean it's not great but it's not something that I would put on a list of my top twenty gripes with the game, it's functional

Damn, I thought the wonder-liner was always scripted. I'll have to try it next time I pick the game up.

i liked justice for all a lot more than the previous game, but some of it was as usual complete bullshit. naming the disciple as the diety was completely stupid

I'm only a few hours in, but it seems fun so far. I don't really have much to say about it yet, but it seems like it has potential, and I like how mining actually terraforms the terrain. Reminds me of Landmark, except not shit.

Saw some anons talking about it in another thread, decided to give it a try. Early Access faggotry aside, it's a solid game. It makes me feel weirdly nostalgic and kind of sad for some reason. Feels like the kind of game my little brother would have loved before he passed away. Like I'm playing some old Sega Channel exclusive or something.

Looks much better than I'd expect a port of a 4 year old game to look as long as you don't focus on the ground textures too much. Plus the combat is great, switching vocations and trying out new playstyles without any real penalty is nice even if I've stuck with Mystic Knight mostly. The game tries to incentivize you with new skills but my go-to since Cassardis has been Burst Strike and later Sky Rapture, seeing as how there isn't a single enemy that I've encountered that can't be defeated with these two skills. The only thing I'd say is noticeably lacking in this game is some of the main quests which either amount to glorified fetch quests or half-finished plotlines.I just finished Arousing Suspicion and was left confused as to why the Duke has no recollection of me presumably sneaking into his castle at night and plowing his wife.
Apologies for the shitty screenshots, I had taken a couple better ones but pressed F9 by mistake and ended up recording 29GB and 109GB of video, respectively.

Titan Quest Anniversary: By all means should be better than the original diablo but is not. Playing through Epic difficulty right now for no other reason than to see how hard legendary difficulty is. So far, the biggest factor of success is what random equipment end up for sale at the furthest portal activated town. Loot lacks personality and level design is so bland with little unique features. This maybe my favorite type of game but it over-reaches and underwhelms and at the same time does just enough to keep me interested in progressing further because it is my type of game.

Endless Space 2 has good music and cool species but the UI is ugly.

A lot better than I expected. I expected more walking simulator and less game. Gonna play through on Madhouse.
Think playing SWAT 4 beforehand was a bad idea since I mash the "GET THE FUCK DOWN" button and my character spends 2 minutes repeating the same thing. Still a fun game.
Waiting on the new ops at this point.

It's okay I guess. The common enemies are a bit too bullet spongey for my shmup tastes and your character moves a bit sluggishly, but the guns are fun enough to make up for it.

Updates seem to have made purple mana less of a bitchy mechanic.
Still has all of the Your Dudes bits that are the source of the game's potential.
It's nice to have a game that lets me bully native xenos, unlike Stars in Shadow.

It's alright. The combat could use some work but holy fuck the soundtrack.
Pretty good. Game runs like shit but I like what I am getting from the side quests. I don't get why most people on Holla Forums hate it so much.
Shorter than Todd Howard but has some pretty cool mindfuck moments, definitely worth it.
Expected it to just be nostalgia bait but I forgot how good the game was. Really liked this one.
Best game of 2016

Fuck the monk and Bolt, but Nocturna is a breath of fresh air compared to the other no fun unlockables.

I like this more than Returns so far. I like that Eiger is a mega cunt at the start but she's so blatantly wrong she clamors for your forgiveness almost forgiveness and mellows out, I like all the speech checks and I love being a decker even though outside of jacking onto into shit I can't shoot straight.

I'm really liking this a lot, although I felt the bosses in Felghana were more complex as well as being more difficult, even if they neared the line of bullshit at times. Still I'm breddy excited to play as the other two.
The guy with the claws is the magician prodigy's brother, isn't he? And the third character.

Interesting. The game is fucking beautiful for a game from 2001, and I'm really enjoying the battle system. The overworld is dangerously close to Final Hallway territory. I just got through the High Road, and it was literally a straight line with random encounters in between. That's one hell of a step-down from FF6 and 7, the last and only FFs I've played. This also might be an unpopular opinion, but I like the cast. Tidus in particular is a whiner, but he's too much of a goofy retard for me to not get a kick out of the guy.

FUCK I GOT NERO ANGELO 3 DOWN INTO THE RED FOR ONCE, I COULD'VE BEATEN HIM IF I'D ONLY GOTTEN ONE MORE CLEAN SHOT, WHY'D HE HAVE TO START THROWING FIREBALLS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It isn't really, except for Kimahri being a steaming pile of shit.

Yeah, I have no idea why the fuck he's even there. The only thing he's good for so far is checking enemy health, and that's just because the Hunter's Spear does that for him. Give him a new weapon and he's completely useless.

Auron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All tbh fam

Man I liked DMC as well, I liked the part where Donte said "Fuck You"

Surprisingly comfy and fun, I like it alot

Better than 2 but not as good as 1, suffers from alot of the same things that made 2 shit such as the relatively linear map progression/no cross area shortcuts and intertwining regions, teleporting through bonfires from the beginning, and having to see a singular cunt I don't give a fuck about every time I want to level up
It's better as a solo game, not having to talk to some boring whore over and over to do shit I could previously do on my own
The game really feels like what X/Y was to Red/Blue

Fun game, easy to get your shit slapped if you don't pay attention/prepare, but fucking with the AI and making compact outposts across the island or peninsula? is pretty fun

Howd you play it? On a PS2 or emulated on a PC? I have performance issues any time I try to emulate it.

they went for the skyrim audience in a big way, especially how they marketed the game.
now that being said i liked the game but it has severe flaws, they shouldnt have transitioned to open world and kept hubs and the combat needed to be less repetitive.
so that with the changes from W2 → W3 a lot of Holla Forums got pissed and disappointed.

I have it on PC but my PC sucked so I'm playing it on my friend's 360.
it's more fun now since I can play at a decent framerate but I'm still uncomfortable with the lackluster NPC interaction, having to play offline, male characters have those huge bandages on their torsos, the affinity system and warrior class having only 3 slots for special attacks. even if the game is rushed and half full, it's still comfy to walk around and kill enemies and throw them off cliffs

I play Dragon's Dogma again and my muscle memory fucks up for Dark Souls so I'm dying alot again.

i should probably post what iv been playing

im enjoying the drg job and the dungeons seem to be pretty nice to go through at higher levels. the main story isnt that bad and i crack belly laughs at the retardation of the manderville quests. lvl 58 atm so i havnt experience raiding but my internet is shit so im not expecting it to be that fantastic but im hoping that vpn tunneling can help my internet issues.

fun in short bursts, trying to learn what i can and i turn up to my local fgc but theres such a huge skill gap that leaves me getting anally rekt.

what little it does good is ruined by shoddy story, pathetic execution of story and the pretentious characters and the easiness of the stealth system.
stay the fuck away

The gameplay is about as bad combination of player input and character ability I could imagine for the very limited amount of interactability. The world felt cramped but luckily movement speed was slow so you could experience realistic mental travel fatigue. All NPCs are interchangeable (for example, some tribal nigger elf told "he no speak language" and then went on describing everything the same way every other NPC did) and interaction with them boils down accepting a quest or accepting the quest later. The leveling gimmick encourages repetive behaviour instead of exploration and gameplay. I think the setting is okay, but the weirdness for weirdness' sake is almost at the level of parodying try-hard fantasy settings beginning authors create to be different.

5/10 with a gold star for effort

I got it for a steal during the Christmas Steam sale. Looks great, interesting grid based movement system. Combat is ok, but the puzzles are really top notch.
It is unlikely you will be able to finish the game without looking up the answers.

I'd give it a 7/10. But seeing as the puzzles are the best part of the game, it's not worth replaying.

Very similar to the first one, ironed out the annoying elements of the first game.

7/10 also

Finally got around to making a backloggery the other day, so I've got my shit organized now.
I really want to pick up Fate/EXTELLA soon…

Been really enjoying this. Definitely doesn't play like Resident Evil, more like Outlast but with guns. It's got some solid spooky parts too. I'm in the final part of the game now, the salt mines. I'm gonna finish this bitch tonight.

Really enjoying this as a newcomer to the Yakuza series. I'm really hoping they release an HD collection of 1-4 or something. I'm not terribly far though, only just started Majima's first chapter. Kiryu's Beast Style is so fucking fun, I'd run around looking for fights just for the sake of fighting in Beast Style. Rush Style is pretty good too, but I fucking hate Brawler style.

Everything I loved about the first game is back and then some. Photo mode and the portrait collections make for additional fun and just flying around doing nothing is pretty fun in itself. Not very far in this yet either however. An open world game series that I actually find myself enjoying.

I kinda like it, it feels bigger than any Harvest Moon title, I don't dislike it. I need to get that anime portraits mod though, i hate the default portraits. I like that it gives me objectives/a sense of direction though.

Looked fun and even enjoyed the demo. But I'm really not feeling it with this one honestly. Not sure what it is that's off-putting, but it just doesn't grab or keep my attention. I find myself listening to podcast or playing with my phone while having the game paused instead.

Have had this on the back burner for a while after clearing 2.5 and starting Heavensward. I'll probably pick it back up after another few days. I'm really behind on my Hildebrand quests, so I need to dig into those whenever I do start back.

yeah I stopped playing Witcher 3 all together due to that. I thought i'd be able to stomach the open world horseback stuff, but I hate it. It feels so tedious. Witcher 2 still the best Witcher.

I don't know if I'm just bad, unlucky, or correct in my assessment, but The Lost is hands down the absolute shittiest character in the whole game, with the one hit KO completely invalidating everything else about him. Greed Mode is fucking impossible with him, especially since McMillen made it so the reroll machines blow up.
Pretty slow, but the sprites are good and the guns are nice. The fact that I don't really have much else to say about it probably indicates something, but oh well.
Pretty good, just got the rat transformation, and I'm probably going to be too lazy to check every single area for the incredibly small spaces to go through. Jake Kaufman continues to be good.
Probably the best game I've played that came out last year, especially concerning the bosses. Also probably one of the better games in that genre that aren't Castlevania or Metroid that I've played in a while.

wow that spacing looked a lot better in the text box. n-no bully plz

>Nioh demo 3
This game pleases my inner weeb. I like the variety of weapons. I'm happy there's going to be wooden versions of every weapon. Still haven't tried out axe-hammery much. Kusarigama is fucking great. I wonder if there will be more types of weapons? Even subtypes or one offs. Also I wonder if all guardian spirits will have an elemental affinity? I never did think it check if you can defeat kappa by bowing to them. I'm looking forward to more one on one fights like Muneshige.

SAGE!

Yakuza 1 already got a remake called Kiwami, which is releasing here in the summer. As for the first two games I guess just emulate them, maybe get a PS3 for 3-5, though it might be hard going back as the games get better and better in terms of mechanics and things to do.

Finally made it to Akiyamas segment and I'm having a blast even though it looks rough visually. Compared to Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls theres so much shit to do, Y5 is great but its a shame it only got a digital only release.

On like episode 7 I think. It doesnt redefine the wheel in terms of mechanics but I love a cowboy shooter and this one has an entertaining story. I still havent beaten it and I dont know if the end ruins it but so far I'm loving it, for a downloadable budget title its great and I'd love to see more games like this.

S'alright, about what I expected.

Art style is fucking amazing, but gameplay leaves me wanting. Might be better online if I can find people.

Should've held off on buying it 'till the whole game came out; waiting over a month for a 1hr episode ain't worth it

Pretty spooky the first time through especially when you don't know how to take out some of the more dangerous enemies; raid mode is also great for what it is.

I am debating pre-ordering Nioh because of how god damn impressed i've been with the demos. During the Beta, I played nothing but Nioh and despite that all my friends play with me is Overwatch.

Well just finished RE7. I had a pretty good time with that game. I don't think I'll replay it, but I'll probably pick it up when that free "Not A Hero" DLC thing comes out. I may very well wind up picking up the season pass as well when I get some extra cash to play the Banned Footage stories.
What I'm still wondering is how RE7 fits in with the rest of the Resident Evil series besides Umbrella being mentioned a few times and [SPOILER] Chris Redfield appearing at the very end.
Also reminder that Mia is a shit and Zoe is superior.

How is the newest Nioh demo? I played the Alpha demo and wasn't exactly super impressed, but not let down. I'd download the demo myself if I weren't out of hard drive space.

That's my problem; I don't want to get a PS3 just to play 3-5 though. I'll wait for Kiwami though, for sure. And I guess you're right, I could emulate 2.

Recently was able to finally build me a gaming PC, and I have a huge backlog of games I was never able to play until now, and I have been making my way through games I have and never have played.

Comfy games. Flying around the open world in 4, especially while embeded song plays, is all kinds of fun.

Gat out of Hell is probably the weakest. The stake gun is fun addition, but without music the open world is pretty dull.

It's pretty. Kind of fun. I'll probably replay it. Too linear. The racists should have been more racist.

I like it better than the first, honestly. Cave Johnson levels are the best. This was not the first time I've played it, and it won't be the last.

I knew it was going to be rough going in, but holy shit. This is not a good game. The only thing it has going for it is its graphics and the main character's glorious, sculpted ass.

He ended up being the best fighter for me on my run, I took him down Tidus's grid far enough to get haste then moved him over to Auron's grid which caused him to become a faster Auron that could haste people. I also used a white sphere to give him hastega, which worked wonders cause he had like a 150 mp advantage over Tidus at that point.

Really enjoying the class system, current party is a dark knight/dragoon, a bard, a monk, and an evoker/white mage. Dark cave goes forever it seems.

Minetest is fine, but without an endgame even the "survival" mode feels like creative. There's only so many times you can mine before it all feels so pointless.

Spirits of Xanadu
Obvious homage to all manner of immersive sims, notably SS2. Misses the point like a fucking autist who collects camera lenses but doesn't know how to take a photo. I opened a total of 24 drawers which while fully animated contained no loot. They didn't even include the convenience of closing the previous drawer when you go for the next one, so you can't see what's in the drawer underneath it. Also, these 24 drawers were in one fucking room.

I only played for 20 minutes but the enemies appear fucking blind and completely oblivious to your bright as fuck flashlight shining on them.

b-but mods fix it, oh wait they don't

Aside from the Dreamcast graphics this has to be the most fun i've ever had with a videogame, every fight with an enemy can feel like an actual challenge and there's surprisingly a lot of depth to the game. I gey so fucking angry thinking about that IGN review holy shit.

Overall it seemed "easier" than Alpha but "harder" than Beta, but since it didn't have Isle of Demons stage it's hard to make a good comparison. There's currently five classes of melee weapons (Katanas, Dual Katanas, Polearms, Axes and Hammers, and Kusarigama) and three classes of ranged weapons (Bows, Matchlocks, and Hand Cannons). It seems a lot more polished and balanced than in the previous two demos. From what I can tell there's going to be a nice assortment of enemies. I know walking up on that karakasa obake startled the shit out of me. Oh an important thing, No more weapon and armor durability, instead there is familiarity. And some pieces of equipment have a set bonus now. Looks like the full version is going to have a bunch of guardian spirits.

Woah, now that's pretty fucking cool-looking. Glad to know there's plenty of play styles. I'll have to find make some space for this.

i wish overwatch had jiggle physics

Terror from the Deep,

FUCK LOBSTERMEN

Paladins does.

If it helps, even one of IGN's own called that faggot reviewer out.

Wish I figured out how to install in English.
Combat is great, shotgun is slightly disappointing with its range but still feels okay.
Not much more to say.
Instant drop in quality, why are medkits so limited? Before it was 10 now it's 3 max. Combat feels bad, and unfun. Shotgun is terrible and it's less reliable than melee. Why is movement so slow? Boss fights are fucking spamming mouse clicks
Controls have been put to generic FPS controls, don't mind it too much. However, sprinting is now a thing, much better than just being slow in FEAR 2, but FEAR 1 had no sprinting at all. Flashlight is limitless, that's good.
Combat feels better than FEAR 2, but recharging health is disgusting. No armour anymore but there's lengthier mech piloting segments.
There's more enemy variety but it's not needed if you just have fun combat.
The shotgun is an absolute travesty, it takes on average 2-3 shots to put down a target if they're right in front of you. Even when versing unarmoured cultists the shotgun is useless.
Kicking animation is much better and feels more satisfying to use than FEAR 2, but FEAR 1 is yet again superior with this.
The ending to FEAR 3 feels like a copout, you kill the previous protagonist, then have the option between killing Alma and the baby and having Fettel as a god.
Or killing Fettel and watching Alma after you help birth the baby (the one thing you were trying to stop.)
Also why is your team mate white in FEAR 2 and asian in FEAR 3?

Well. At least the kid in your gif takes his looks with ease Please never post this again.

It's Lobsterperson you shitlord.

It doesn't because it's a shit game.

It does because it's a shit game.

Recently I got terribly bored and installed minecraft again. And it seems they have done fuck all with it in the past few years. It's like they only pretend to keep working on it just so their jobs don't get written off but no one even wants to work on minecraft anymore. Mojang is such a low energy company now, they make Notch look like a busy man.

That's one of the few loose threads that does get tied up later, actually

i've got exams, so i've only played mobile shit recently
mobile legends: bang bang - total clone of LoL, with 3 abilities instead of 4. surprisingly fun, the controls are pretty good.
stick legacy - fun, but the higher difficulties are just the enemies being damage sponges. also no multiplayer, while the pc versions have multiplayer

I picked up (pirated) Aquatic Adventures of the Last Human on a whim because I liked the art style. Overall nothing special but some nice ambience and art. Devs are swede so probably cucks or some other buzz word. Gameplay wise it's just a Metroid game with more emphasis on bosses. Except there's not much to the combat outside the bosses. Which are usually the highlight of the game anyway so there's a good amount of them which saves the game partly. They started to run out of ideas by the end though and just turned the game into a bullet hell but not very good. It was also incredibly buggy. The game gave me a ctd with a fatal error message more times than I can count and I had to completely restart a save because the one I was using corrupted. The "plot" is shit. Just about all around. It should have stuck to the show not tell rule or maybe have done something to make the note segments more engaging. And the ending may be the most lackluster thing I've seen in a while.

Overall a pretty shit experience. But I managed to find a few gems in the whole experience. There's a lot more I could probably say about the game in more detail, mainly to do with simple to fix design flaws and how to write a decent game plot 101. But basically there were some good ideas that could have went somewhere but didn't. And some more effort that could have been better spent on the gameplay and story but wern't. It's almost like the dev was handed a ton of great aquatic backgrounds and was told to make a game about it but ran out of budget and creativity half way through. Either way if you're aspiring to be a game dev then check it out if only to see what a game would be like if the art was the only great thing about it and why gameplay should come first.

There's some rooms in the game that are incredibly well made art wise though. The game is also pretty comfy with a serviceable (but limited) soundtrack. If I could get a super HD image of the entire map that would be the shit.

Space Quest 5 is, as I remembered it, better than 4. More cohesive, more polished, and definitely more logical and less obtuse. Also, surprisingly, funnier. I don't know why 4 made such a large and lasting impression on me as a teen when I liked 5 better then, as well as now.

The Lost is just that shitty, and it starting off with the d4 wouldn't be so bad if it didn't roll the holy mantle away.

It made outbreak canon, that's about all I know.

>Pick Zoe instead of Mia for shits n' giggles
>Zoe dies immediately and you play as Mia anyways despite not making sense how she got to the shipwreck
>Only thing different is that Mia dies.

I'm amazed how bad I can be at this game, considering I'm at least decent at most other shooters. It can be really fun when you're on a roll or have at least one other guy who knows what he's doing on your team though.

Pirated it to enjoy it on PC again. I just wanna get the story done with and go to Bitterblack Ilse already. Once you've already played the story once it kind of becomes a drag to play it again, which is kind of a shame.

I'm steeling myself to bear the offline pawn retardation as well. Surely it can't be much worse than random online pawns, right?

V started saying all 4 previous games were a simulation.

It lost me in the first screen. Fuck that. I LOVED I-IV and they never happened? FUCK THAT HARD.

Played on an alt-account a friend had
The game is generally pretty shallow and metagaming is cancer

I never had this game on the n64, but the PC port is fantastic. Very fun, solid game. Definitely a 90s FPS

Nice look, guns feel nice. Flow of gameplay is forced by built-in signals telling you to go forward or fall back, failing to fall back will "return to the battle" kill you a la Battlefield. Hitboxes are fucked up, especially when prone. You get hit over hills by people you can't see pretty often.

Wh-what ended up happening to the hammer?

You should be able to go there as soon as you reach Gran Soren, but you'll be pretty underleveled, unless you're doing the Bitterblack Challenge

The story is worth replaying purely for the scripted fights against the gryphon and the dragon. Those two were amazingly fun to play.

Well of course I can go there, but that doesn't mean I won't get my ass kicked the moment I enter. No point in going if I can't actually beat the monsters yet.
What's a decent level for doing BBI anyway? Might just skip the story if I can get to a proper level before it's done.

Yeah, I enjoyed being the shit out of that asshole griffin.

Falcom somehow manages to make combat which revolves 90% of the time around baiting enemies into attacking and then striking them from behind always fun to do. The dungeons themselves are quite well designed, especially in regard to how they tie back to the main town hub in order to prevent you from constantly walking back and forth, but also in terms of exploration and combat scenarios, even if progression is quite linear with little reason to backtrack. I spent more time on some block puzzles then I should have. It's nothing like Diablo aside from the control scheme, however. You can actually dodge shit by moving around, but there's little build variety to speak off considering the stats where you put points in are largely determined by the stat requirements of the armor/weapons, which are mostly linear upgrades of one another.

Replaying it on Extreme because why the fuck not. Sometimes I just reload sections even if I killed most enemies because I want to do them by taking as little damage as possible. It's unfortunate that melee is less viable on Extreme where enemies react faster than you can jumpkick them, at times I wish the range and speed of your attacks was increased. Still, knowing how to flank enemies and never letting go of that forward button as you plow through squads like a bulldozer feels fucking great.

I recently gave up on
Promising, but too shallow. Holy shit, it doesn't even have a proper diplomacy system, let alone espionage.
The game just relies too much on unfair odds to make the game difficult. In the higher level dungeons you can't hit enemies reliably and they on the other hand hit always and crit like half of the time.

Now I'm just playing
Charming as always and it still grips my heart to move a trooper and hear the sound of a plasma gun shot.

Do you just play it as it is or did you mod it? I recall hearing there are some mods to make the combat better.

It can be fun but it's very rough.
The colonial charter mod is a must, it adds so much content to this game.

As is. I'm playing all of the campaigns in the order in the menu, and I just finished The Hammer of Thurgason, so I have about 7 official campaigns left to play. After that I'll start checking out mods for more campaigns and stuff.

I started to play it a couple of months back, and really stopped caring after 15 min. I picked it back up and I really like it so far. The story however is a bit blase.

Just replaying it to catch things that I hadn't before. I've been watching to much lore videos. Just might quit playing GTAV and replay DS3.

I was already aware of the first hour or so are character talking before you get to fight or make personas. I'm supprised that stat reduction spells are so powerful since i kinda ignore them in other rpgs. Though there isn't alot of sp replenishing items around unless you get the soda bundle from the shopping channel. And even then it's like 5 sp per soda. All together, it's a pretty good game. I'm probably going to need to grind for 8-bit Mitsuo

Fun; just got to the section with holy fuck mosquitoes. Gameplay is solid if you ignore everyone screaming "muh third person."
Just got around to starting it, 7 hrs in and still at the town in the swamp. Fun as fuck.
Memes

I think most people would finish the main campaign around Lv. 30-40 so that's what I would recommend. Keeping in mind that once you're on BBI you'll be getting so much exp that you'll gain a level every other room or so

boss fights felt easier compared to previous games (im not expecting them to be bright man tier though) and it doesnt help that some weaknesses are pretty obvious, power megaman was pretty good

do you love fighting nightmare? if so i have good news for you

I've had this game in my library for a while but never
actually played it besides the occasional fucking around.
This time I played from the beginning of career mode and it's
actually a very entertaining game. I got to the moon and back, and I
now realize that the game's mechanics are much simpler than I thought.

You need to share more than that. Saying it's fun is a catch all term that someone can just say, they aren't. Back your case up.

Saw it on a shelf for peanuts and I haven't bothered with the Souls series except for the original, which I enjoyed, so I thought I'd give it chance since I remember this place shitting on it when it came out and I thought it might have been exaggerated. Jesus, it feels like one step forwards, two steps back. What's the point of dodging if the enemies track you anyway? I can't bring myself to pick it up again.

Well, 3 anyway. Changed the control scheme and while I'm struggling with Dante I'm wrecking shit as Vergil. I'd really like to get better with Dante though.

I'll elaborate then.

Resident evil 7 creates tension well. Playing on Madhouse my first time through, there is little ammo to find, monster/item placement is vastly different, and the enemies (as few as there are) are tough. The atmosphere is like a cross between Blair Witch and True Detective. The weapons are given to you at a proper pace (more weapons than I expected really). The whole experience feels very focused, rather than a constraint.

Great story thus far, with some good rpg depth mixed with action-y combat. If you fuck up during a fight, you'll most likely die or be severely injured. Dialog is wrll written (for Geralt at least) and none of the main cast has yet to get on my nerves. Deep enough for a rpg purist to enjoy, but somewhat beginner friendly at the same time (compared to witcher 1).

Hope this helps

Tactics Ogre was great, but I ended up stopping when I got to the point where you had to grind reputation with a specific group in order to get the Necromancer or Witch or whoever she was to join you. I did the Chaos route first (save the old people instead of doing the false-flag mission) and apparently if I didn't get her then I'd have to go back around and do it again in order to get her.

I really like TO and I might need to just bite the bullet and restart it from scratch.

I actually really, really like the pacing of the boss fights in DMC1, it makes a lot of sense when you step back and look at it

What style are you using? Early on it's probably easiest to go with Swordmaster or Trickster

Don't worry, I already know what's coming and I'm screaming inside.

I've already maxed Trickster and Swordmaster, so I thought I'd give Royal Guard a go. I'm doing well with it but I'd just like to be able to make combos properly, I seem to always use the same types of attacks. Vergil only has a limited number of moves so I don't feel as overwhelmed.

It's great. I'm replaying it to score better on arcade mode and sometimes to enjoy my favorite chapters of the story.
To me, the only "downside" is the soundtrack, I'd expected something more, a bit like Red Dead Redemption.

Well this game is really fun and gives the feel of pace and even more of adventure that most recent games can not reach.

Picked it after finishing Trails in the Sky SC. Not really a fan of hack&slash, but so far (half of the tower) it's good.

I ordered this at the beginning of January, but only got my copy the other day since I ordered the Asian English LE. As such, I've only had about an hour or two to play the game so far… what I have played, I've been more than enjoying. The game's artstyle is fantastic, and so far the issues I had with combat seemed to have been fixed. The new ability with the stasis field is especially nice. I've been playing the game mostly over remote play, and besides the gravity slide the controls work fine on the Vita.

W101 and a recent replay of Bayonetta gave me the urge to replay this one too. I forgot how damn short the game is, one session and I'm already halfway through. It's not one of my favorite stylish action titles but I think I just need to learn more about how to play. In W101 and Bayo I can consistently get platinums and pure platinums on any engagement but in Joe my scores are all over the map, sometimes I'll put in some effort and get a D on the combo ranking, sometimes I won't pay attention at all and I'll get a Viewtiful rank. I watched a little bit of someone doing a no-damage V-rank run of the first episode to see what high-level play looks like but they mostly just used the slow view for everything, and that seems like a pretty fucking boring way to play personally

Thought I'd play the new bonus episode and check out the new difficulty mode, seems like they tweaked the AI a little in favor of making it easier to get out of suspicion phases. I'd at least like to play long enough to revisit my favorite maps, Sapienza and Hokkaido, and I need something to occupy me until Ni-Oh comes out next week anyway

nice HD plugin, faggot

Jumpstarted a new character outside of Steam, due to Squenix and their price hiking. Been liking it so far, the combat is satisfying and nailing your rotations and situationals in sync with the rest of your party just scratches that mmo itch I had. Great cartoonish visuals and a story that does not suck does the job of making the grind easier. The challenge log is an amazing idea for MMOs, not sure if FF was the first with it, but basically you get a weekly allowance of bonuses that you get from doing different activities, giving you an incentive to do different things to grind and not just go for the easiest mission/mob/dungeon all the time.

Being a SWAT squadleader is more fun than I imagined, you get a variety of tools and great control over your AI teammates to sync breaches and assaults to bag the badguys, rescue the civies and save the city. Too scared to play it right now, the tension gets to me more than horror games, the feeling of losing a teammate to one of your own mistakes is awful. Hoping to LAN it sometime soon.

Good game, a lot better than Souls 2 and 3. Weapons are satisfying to use, builds are varied and combat is FAST. Bonuses for the Victorian aesthetic, if one's into that which I am. Fromsoft is still retarded about DLC entrances.

Pretty comfy game overall. I still haven't finished the story mode as I've just been cruising around picking fights with every Spanish vessel I see.

Haven't played this one in almost a year, & yeah it's been updated quite a bit You can pat her head on the main menu& hold hands. I'll probably play further on whenever the dev finishes the game.

Not much to say on it, it's a twin stick shooter & it's pretty short. I did find it fun enough that I'll probably revisit the game from time to time.

There's a fun campaign where you play as the mermen, I forget if it's official or modded.

Sometimes SWAT 4 is a horror game, or tries to be. Mission 2 and the one with the cult are the most obvious.

Why does the little shit always die if you do anything fun with her?

Before playing Arcanum, I loved BG2 a lot. It was my goto game whenever I wanted to play some WRPG game. P:ST leaves little room for character customization, and BG2 on the other hand had lots of followers, quests, items and crazy events happening.

After playing Arcanum however, BG2 feels like shit in comparison. Arcanum really made me feel like my choices matter, whereas BG2 will force you to a single direction.. and in Arcanum, everything from your race choice, your stats, your clothing and choices matter. There even is a nice, basic crafting system

Looks like it'll take a while to learn this shit, but considering the entire game is sitting in a void in space for a 2-3 irl day battle it looks pretty boring

Yeah, mission #2 is fucking spooky. Played through it on a LAN-party a long time ago, and it got under my skin, didn't phase my friends though. The ideas are much more scary than the gameplay, like him living with his mother and that she knows that he kills, rapes and makes deathmasks, but she ignores it.

Meant to reply to