Deadly Premonition

FUCK

Why is the game so comfy? Why is it so fun? Why is the story so good? Why did I enjoy playing it so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadlypremonition.wikia.com/wiki/Nameless_Flower_(5)
whiteowls.co.jp/aboutus-eng
nichegamer.com/2015/11/06/swery65-taking-a-break-from-game-development-due-to-health-concerns/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would say it's what you get with zero budget with 100% passion and charm for a project

Because the devs didn't gave a single fuck and made whatever they felt like doing. Which is quite rare nowadays.

sage

I'm kinda tempted to give it a shot to get that comfy Twin Peaks feel, but from what I've seen it is basically a driving simulator…

FUCK

Because its good.

Suffer through the pain like everyone else, you can complete the PC version if you're persistent. It'll only crash maybe once every one or two hours

It's probably not your thing.

There's a sidequest that gives you a fast travel.

How much did you guys predict?
I figured out George was the killer but I didn't see the Kaysen shit coming at all.

I thought the Kaysen part was pretty obvious since he's introduced as an innocuous secondary character and makes a few suspicious appearances after that, and I should have been expecting something supernatural knowing the Twin Peaks influence anyway.

Personally I was surprised at the twist in how the Zach / York dichotomy plays out, I kept trying to predict the twist but couldn't get it quite right. I especially like the implications at the end that York is an angel since that was foreshadowed a few times

I got thrown off after York questioned him about him fucking the art gallery chick.
>I especially like the implications at the end that York is an angel since that was foreshadowed a few times
I liked that idea too, makes seeing all the dead characters' ghosts around the end more bittersweet when you think about it.

Is the game fine with KB+M, or is the 360 controller a must?

We need more of this because it makes games that are so much more interesting and fun to explore in

You also get a game that looks and feels cheap sadly. No surprise the same people were behind Drakengard 3.

Isn't that right, Zach?

I have had this game sitting around installed for the past month. I also have Ace Combat 5 ready to emulate.

Which one should I play?

Also fucking instinctive spoiler opening means that I know some dude named George is the killed

Comfy as fuck.

I really wish there was a sequel. They even used to mention it, and swery was up for it but wanted a change of character. Publisher insisted on using Francis York Morgan though, for them shekels. Not a word about it ever since. This is the one sequel I'd buy straight out at full price.

Play DP, I recommend you get comfy and play with controller if you have one.

I've only watched the intro so far, but I am pretty sure I will enjoy this. I fucking love niche games that are buggy and strange, this seems like exactly my kind of game.

I don't understand how this became one of my favourite games.

I'm not so surprised when I found out DP was meant to be a PSP game and was nearly canceled who knows how many times with a tiny budget. The fact that a game like it even released when it went up against AAA games at their peak of popularity is respectable.

Interestingly, there are about 50 sidequests and they're great. Will last you almost as much as game till you figure them all out.

They're a bit odd though and use a time system that's not very typical, and there are some things you can miss completely without being able to go back. Also, going back in chapters to finish sidequests can be a mess. For that reason, I recommend that you not attempt to 100% the game on your first try. Just play it as you would normally, and finish sidequests that you feel like - this will guarantee maximum enjoyment. On your second run, you'll know pretty much everything and fast travel* will get you through main story fast.

*There is a quest early on for fast-travel.
deadlypremonition.wikia.com/wiki/Nameless_Flower_(5)
It is up to you whether you want to pick it up. Personally, I always skipped this sidequest until my 100% run. Not because I wanted to, but because you need rain to be able to start it. And one time there was rain for me was in the middle of the quest.

Most important tip: Days DO NOT matter. When it says you have to be somewhere (for example) 9AM, you can skip a day completely and come back 9AM tomorrow. So, don't rush it.

c o m f y

A meme game with awful gameplay and a story that shits itself instantly after it stops directly aping a well known tv series.

$5 well spent

Opinion discarded.

Yeah just rub it in cunt
Yes I'm mad, I can't for the life of me fix this game

Had the same issues so i ended up buying the xbox 360 version.

I see why you guys love the game but damn I wish it was for me.

York is one of my favorite characters ever so I have no idea how to feel about this.

You get fast travel at some point. The driving is required to get the collectables, this game is littered with them. The action sequences in particular can be easily beaten if you just go around doing random errands for the villagers.

The combat was tacked on because the publisher wanted to brand it as a survival horror game. It's the reason why there's so many points during action sequences where healing items respawn infinitely, the devs want those sections over as soon as possible.

So it was just gonna be a driving and exploration game originally? Interesting to hear.

I just realized the player hasn't shaved in a while. What the fuck, does this dumb fuck even know how to wipe his own ass?
More importantly, have any of you made your own Sinner's Sandwich?

I made one
The taste wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was its consistency. Feeling the crunchy corn flakes in between the jam and turkey made my fucking hairs stand up

Is it even a video game? Or just a bunch of cut scenes with QTEs?

What do you mean? Is it shit right from the start?

I remember having some flickering problem on ancient pirated version, which did gave similar vibe. If I recall, it had to do something with mouse.

It didn't always play at 10fps, it played fine before it crashed horribly over and over again.
Then I tried to fix it, reinstalled it, tweaked DPfix a few times, and ended up with an extremely choppy framerate.
I'm gonna try again while following the picture in to the fucking letter

Can you whistle?

It's definitely a game, decent amount of cutscenes, but plenty of driving, investigating and action segments.

I guess we can't hope for a sequel where an old man Zack solves a mystery or her grandaugther becomes an FBI agent too?

Though it's good to keep in mind that the driving is bad and the action parts are truly awful. Liking this game is fine, saying that this game is actually good is not.

This game is pure aids

I'd say it's worth suffering through at least once. I played it on release at like 20fps on a toaster and was crashing every half hour at times, it didn't bug me as much as I thought it would. I'd never do another PC playthrough again in those conditions, but I was totally willing to deal with it at the time for a truly unique and charming experience the first time through.

Driving's the only thing you'll hate not having a controller for since it's bad enough as is. Doing it on WASD expect to ram into things a lot.

It's shit.

New season of Twin Peaks this year, user.

What the fuck kind of awkward scene and voice acting is this. Does Holla Forums actually like this garbage or are we being ironic here?

Ironic. This game is bad but it has the kind of charm you don't get from games anymore. Honestly I think it's better to just watch a let's play or a walkthrough because this game is a lot of fun when enjoyed from a distance and not so much up close unless you're a masochist.

Has more soul than Triple A garbage like Mirror's Edge, the guy who made it retired from vidya development now.

Swery? He recently opened a new studio, White Owls: whiteowls.co.jp/aboutus-eng

Never mind, he just took a break from illness, confused him with another nip guy who made weird games like him. nichegamer.com/2015/11/06/swery65-taking-a-break-from-game-development-due-to-health-concerns/

D4 Season 2 never ever.

Microsoft is slowly giving up on game development, they never called him back.

I genuinely liked the game. The dialogue and models are stilted but it's not to the detriment of the game. In fact, given that it's basically "Twin peaks the game" The weird dialogue presentation and tics character animations have actually fit that aesthetic.

It's a good game with obvious flaws that you'll either be down with or not like.

Objectively speaking it's not a good game. But it comes from passionate developers, kind of like how those very old dime-a-dozen tie-in games of the PS1 era had some fantastic gameplay features within them, it's developers who care about their product but don't have the skill or money to make it completely great. Plus it's one of those westaboo titles that you enjoy for the sake of understanding how nips see your country.

I got stuck at a game-stopper bug and uninstalled it after about 5 or 6 hours. No way I was suffering through another 6 hours of bugs and crashing.

I liked the first two chapters, never got to finish it because after the town hall meeting, initiating a conversation with anyone caused the game to crash. I tried every fix possible, just never got past it. It's a shame, it was starting to grow on me, especially since one of the last things I saw was when I went too late in the night and suddenly giant zombie dogs appeared and tried to kill me.

Is this only the PC version because I have the 360 version, have played it three times and never once suffered a problem.

I liked the cheesy VA and I found the non action parts quite a lot but the action/horror gameplay made me quit the game, it's just too horrible for me to bear.

PC port is hot garbage. Original on 360 is the best version.

I was getting really into Twin Peaks recently, but the directors boner for making everyone a cheating scum bag is really turning me off from liking it the further into the series I go.

That's kind of the point, it's supposed to get darker as it goes on

Yes really, that quote in the season 2 finale wasn't joking

How progressive is it going to be?

The original series already has David Duchovny in drag

Don't know what the fuck's going on with that game but i like it

But it was the 90s

The real question is how weird do they have to go to make it as weird as the original was in the 90s?

Isn't that right, Zach?

Can you guys believe the game was going to be even more of a Twin Peaks ripoff before it got retooled?

IT WORKS, FINALLY

To be honest, I have no idea.

Whenever I think about this game objectively, I have to conclude that it's shit, everything about it is technically bad and I can't figure out why I love it so much. It's not just the story, it's not really that amazing, but the game itself manages to have some weird combination of shitty elements that somehow end up feeling very compelling to play.

It's fucking weird.

So racing games are all driving simulators?
Fighting games are fight simulators?
Hack and slash games are fighting simulators?
Fucking retard.

Never played, which is the best method to play on the ps3 or pc? I understand there is a final or complete edition or whatever the fuck they call it.

PC port is extremely buggy and even after patching it and using DPfix, it can still be pretty unstable. Go for PS3.

thanks

Yeah, looking at the game without bias it's not hard to conclude that it's a mess of mechanics, animations, weird flagging, and poorly implemented combat sections.

Yet the sum of it's parts is something that is a genuinely good experience. I saw SGF do his playthrough of the game and decided to go into it myself. I'm known for starting games but never finishing them but I played the entirety of the game over the course of a week with no problem because I kept going back. Greenvale is such a fun town to be in. I loved driving even though it was janky, I didn't even do the side quest for fast travel and found myself just listening to York talk about Movies and gossip. I enjoyed the mystery even though they tell you who the villain is. I really enjoyed the cheesy dialogue and wooden animations.

The only real sour point was some of the combat areas. Ceiling Crawlers were horrible and my first playthrough was on Hard mode which made them bullet sponges. I was happy that the devs put in so many infinite ammunition weapons because Me, a machine gun, and Grekotch became close friends.

It's a game that just feels good despite the flaws.

As much as I like SweetFX, all it really does is fuck with the contrast. I would argue this actually hurts gameplay for some games.

We shall see, hopefully not too pozzed

What the fuck is wrong with the driving? Everytime I release the W key the car instantly brakes, it's fucking hell.

It shouldn't be like that, just tested it out. Here it barely even slows down when I release.

I guess it's always the strange way parts of the game contrast each other.
The dialogue is almost always useless chatter, yet the voice acting is so good that you just feel like listening to their zany conversations. The animations are goofy as fuck and would rather fit in with an EARLY psx game, but the messages conveyed by them is so mild that it contrasts with the exaggerated expressions. The in-between is almost entirely driving and doing sidequests, but the world around you is so empty yet filled with weird out of place shit that you just have to explore it all for the fun of it. Also devil dogs.

This is what I call innovation.

The only thing I don't like is the combat. Feels out of place. I read they added that in when the publisher told them you need to have combat in the game or it won't sell. That could be bullshit though.

Ashley Judd is in it.

The roguelike of vehicles

thats the best part of the game, makes the games world feel real

This is wrong, the devs were forced to make it a survival horror game.

You'd also miss out on York's anecdotes about Tom and Jerry and bonus features on DVDs

The car conversations were half the fun. I may not have unlocked fast travel to begin with, but I guarantee I would never use it. well okay I gotta grab those trading cards, but besides that

holy shit you got what you deserve
i really need to make one with captain crunch now

you can't pirate everything, user

brump

That is true, that's also why there are infinite ammo and health pickups all over the place.
They just wanted the action scenes to be over with as little hassle to the player as possible

Deadly Premonition is awful, what are you talking about?

Just boycott it, I mean.

but why?