Share your most treasured vidya posession

doesn't have to be expensive or rare, it could be sentimental.

these are mine, and they're valuable to me because they're in excellent condition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I treasure nothing

The N64 I picked up a few months ago and my Wii U

I haven't given a fuck about all of my old console games since I got into emulation. They just gather dust on the shelf.

I don't "treasure" any physical vidya, but I value the experiences I've had with it.

my nes which my parents bought me when i was a little kid way back in like 2000. it still works too.

My Faxanadu copy and my N64.

C64 + ton of games in original cardboard boxes + shitty self coded basic-programs on c-cassettes.
Shits worth less than mentioning it.

My N64. It's the only system I still have from my childhood, because my parents sold my Master System, Mega Drive and A500. I rebought those but they haven't been through as much shit as my N64 has. It's been with me on trips to different countries, and it's been there for me whenever I needed something to play. I had a Gamecube and Xbox as well, but at the end of the day I'd return to the 64.
I always had it set up, and only retired it around 2010. I 100%ed Banjo-Kazooie, Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, LEGO Racers, Starshot and Mission Impossible, and was one race off 100%ing 1080 Snowboarding. I think I played Shadows of the Empire too, but I didn't manage to beat it. I'll set it up again soon, but I plan on getting an Everdrive 64 first.
My only regret is not taking care of it enough. One of it's sides has a hole from fall damage, and the cartridges are coloured in with black and blue marker from when young me wanted to be cool.

Good taste op.
All my copies of resident evil. Especially my re2 ps1 and N64 copies. Probably would grab those and my REmake and Re4 limited editions if my house was on fire.

Only because it's rare and I'm a ff7 fag

Most treasured? N64 + games (SM64, SF64, B-K, Mario Kart)

Most valuable? Kingdom Hearts 2.5 CE. Never even opened the box it came in, and plan on keeping it that way.

user, the console loves those marks, because love is what put them there. Treasure those colored-in carts with all your heart, as that makes them truly yours - enduring and fully washable ink stains on the tapestry of an otherwise ever-changing life.

My old Gateway 386DX, the first real PC I had as a kid. My dad spent a ton of cash on it, and it was already on sale to make room for the new 486's. Hardware was just ridiculously expensive in those days. That thing is also a goddamned tank of a case, and has to weigh at least 30~35lbs gutted.

I keep meaning to modify it and put a modern gaming PC inside (still keeping the 5 1/4 & 3 1/2 drives), but I've never gotten around to it.

Funny you say that user, we were just doing that in my computer club.

feel free to throw away the hardware, its probably "mostly obsolete"

That thread should be used as an example of why Reddit is cancer.

I kind of wish I still had my original PS1, but since the PS2 has nearly full backwards compatibility, I suppose it's not as big a deal compared to something like the N64 where there's nothing else (as far as legit systems go; maybe those multi systems some places sell handle them at this point) capable of playing those cartridges. Though, I suppose in your case, it's more an issue of fond memories than something technical.

Actually never had an N64, let alone used one much. Strikes me as a shame that stuff like Banjo and Conkers were absent from the Wii's VC, though I get that Rare took both with them when they left for Microsoft.

My NES, which my parents bought for my sister back in the 80's.

This screencap is every single thing i hate about Holla Forums multiplied by 1 million

My framed portrait of Saturo Iwata.

That NOISE in the menu tho

probably my hard copy of yakuza 2 at this point. i don't own many particularly rare games but i love yakuza 2 and its very hard to get a hard copy these days

Ever had a series where you never really looked much into it, because (ignoring ability to emulate for a few) one of the games series fans noted as being really good was also pretty expensive by the time you got interested, and if you skipped it (Yakuza at least having synopses for the prior games; not the same as actually experiencing them though) you'd feel like you missed out bad? Because that's what had happened to me there.

reddits ricer elite at its finest, just cuz PCs are good doesn't mean every console game or console is bad.

youtu.be/ 4TQl4sam2GY lol

i was super lucky and years ago i found 1 and 2 in a bargain bin at gamestop and bought them for a whim, turned out i'd end up loving the series

i can't say i've had the exact experience but i understand the idea. at least yakuza 1 is getting a really good makeover that is coming stateside this year though, that games a pain to replay now once you've played the newer ones

Really wish I could have taken more advantage of Gamestop's "Fuck stocking for the Gamecube" and "Fuck stocking for the PS2 too" sales. I swear I saw copies of Gotcha Force and .hack//Quarantine at actually half reasonable prices, but didn't know enough about them at the time to be interested (and my spending funds were rather limited then as well). Most I got from them was Eternal Darkness for $15, SMT: Nocturne for $15, and a dual pack of Ocarina of Time and Windwaker for $30 that was going for like $80 complete online last I checked.

Not going to complain about Yakuza 1 being given another chance to shine (especially since I assume it's going to be dual audio or Jap dub only this time), but it does strike me that doing so for a chronology driven series might throw things out of whack gameplay-wise. Before, you could say that the gameplay improves as the series goes on, so playing in release order made good sense from both a gameplay and story perspective, but now I suspect it might feel like going from something that handles really well with the Y1 remake to something less refined for subsequent ones. Though, I suppose that's just my take on it. Haven't really paid the remake (or Yakuza 0 for that matter) much attention since I don't have a PS4 myself and probably won't for at least a few more years (if I do ever get one)

yakuza 0 plays like gold, might be the most mechanically sound of the series from what i've played (everything they've localized) and the 1 remake seems to follow its mechanics

whats weirder to me is how yakuza 6 is taking a lot of heat for actually going off the track 0 and kiwami set and apparently its getting a bad rep over in japan

My Neo Geo Collection. I bought these when they were $30 each, & I will forever be incomplete (I'm missing missing Metal Slug 5). I checked eBay & it's over $300 now. Fucking hell. When will this game bubble stop.

It's not even that, it's the blatant fucking disrespect for one's own property.
If you don't want to own that shit, WHY WOULD YOU FUCKING BUY IT?

Anyway, on topic, I've got original copies of Paper Mario TTYD and FE:POR, various other games I've picked up off the internet or at an LGS, as well as a full set of GC hardware.

I've got a copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee that a friend bought for me back when it was actually affordable, and the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition that came with my Gamecube. Some other rare ones I've got are Xenogears, Paper Mario: TTYD (though not an original copy), Yakuza 1, the Wind Waker and the GC version of Twilight Princess. I'm also picking up a copy of Dragon Quest 7 on PS1 within the next two days.

sega CDX thats been in my family since it came out. they're stupid rare because nobody bought them.

Maybe they get off on destroying something of potential value?

Out of curiosity, why are those not in alphabetical order?

I'm just saying.

I play my neo geo games user. They're never in order.

Then they should be fucking institutionalized, not given historical artifacts.

I really cherish my sega saturn. It's such an incredible system.

I could see that if you had them all stacked on top of each other (with the top likely being the most recent one played), but it's pretty easy to keep stuff in alphabetical order horizontally like that, just placing the case back where it belongs after you get a game out of it or put it back in. Especially since those cases look pretty thick, so it's not like the entire thing seems to be at risk of falling over if there's a temporary gap in them. Up to you though how you handle things though.

I agree, but unfortunately that's not the sort of world we're in. Hell, I've heard we've got certain collectors that will outright destroy copies of games they find just to make the remaining ones that much more expensive and rare.

They're kinda organized by MEG size.

Then the Jews will have to wait their turn for the gas chamber.

My Japanese copies of the PS1 Deception trilogy and Carnage Heart. Not only do I fucking adore both franchises, I also managed to get these games through Superbus and they remind me of a time when 8/v/ wasn't a cesspool.

God this thread screams astroturfing.

I sold mine, bought a nice pistol with the money.

Top tier taste.
I miss those times too, the only thing I managed to get from Superbus was Xenosaga episode 2.
Can things get better at this point?

On topic, I'd would have to say it would be my copy of Custom Robo for the gamecube. It's the same copy my father gave to me around the time it first released.
It's the game that's been in my possession the longest because back then I was a good goy and would sell my games when I was done with them. I really wish I learned not to sell my games sooner, I could still have my F-Zero GX…

Couldn't you just not show that one because of the faggots in here that won't ever stop posting? Also, what is so good about carnage heart, I never heard of it.

If you love something share it with your neighbour tbh GPL for life

I completely smashed the shifter in a few years ago when I was drunk and fell on it. The pcb board inside cracked into 5 pieces.

It's a part-strategy, part-programming game about building an army of robots. Gameplay consists of you piecing together machines and then programming them via a flowchart system. There's a strategy element involved too with an overworld map and territory control being a big part of things, but later games in the series drop that and focus solely on the robot fights.

If you've ever played Armored Core Formula Front it's a little like that, only the programming aspect is far more in-depth with a heavier focus on actual programming, as opposed to just changing the value of sliders.

We had 4 N64 controllers. 3 of them were good, and 1 was a piece of shit third party black one whose analog stick cap came off. Whenever me and my brothers/friends would play Mario Party, God help the poor bastard who ended up with that. Nightmarish.

the only thing i treasure is my superior taste