Collector / Buyfag Thread

Come anons, it's almost the end of January now, so it's time for another one.

What are you
Or picked up since the last thread.

Segagaga translation never ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/sega-saturn-bomberman-game-complete-with-manual-/222373492003?hash=item33c67e3523:g:DosAAOSwU-pXre~j
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most recent vidya pickup was Bravely Default's CE - NIB factory sealed for under $150. I do plan on opening (and playing) it.

A lot of purchases I've made have been not vidya.

Nothan in particular. An Ikegami CRT that isn't a security monitor sure would be nice, though.

Thought of selling off a somewhat old CE I have in the living room keeps popping into my head. Problem is, the outer box is shot to hell and I'd never sell it to anyone. Best thing to do would be to remove the items inside, but even then I still don't really want to part with it.

nothing right now, unless it's cheap. I don't have a job, and my truck is a gas guzzler, so I'm constantly having to refill.
I've considered selling some of the games I don't play anymore. It's all Nintendo stuff, so there could be some easy money there.

I just bought this poster. It's huge. I also have two more RGB monitors on the way.

The prices for the NTSC physical copy of Gravity Rush Remastered have skyrocketed. Hope you all picked up yours beforehand.

Got no decent spending money at the moment. Reminds me though that I ought to take some fresh images of my shelves for threads like these.

Not much at the moment. For the most part I just trawl local multimedia places to see if they have anything of interest at a decent price.

I suppose what I could use is a micro SD card though, provided I can find any instructions for how to set up a DS flash cart I got in December; thing was preowned and site listed on the box for it (which I assume would have had the required information) is dead.

I don't particularly make a habit of that.

Did Sony just not print up enough to satisfy initial demand, or has it simply grown steadily more popular to the point availability has become scarce? Either way I still have my Vita copy.

Did you have to order that online, or did some local game store have one as an already imported poster?

Reminds me that I need to get a few cheap frame for a few posters I've got myself.

bought it online, cost about $60. New position at my job has me making more cash than I am used to.

Neat. What are you doing for work anyhow where $60 for a poster goes from "hell no" to "okay, maybe I will"?

I went from being a basic overnighter to a manager, pretty much making 400 more bucks each paycheck

I think the Remaster was a limited run Amazon only print. So maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

It's just retail, I tell Holla Forums to work there all the time because they will hire anyone and it's better to work than not at all.

And it was more like "lol yeah why the fuck not" rather than "maybe I will." I really feel like a golden homer with this money.

Actually, now that I'm feeling more awake, I suppose there's some other stuff I need to be on the look out for. Namely a cheap computer monitor (current one is a family member's spare work monitor since my old one gave out late last year, and this current monitor is eventually going to have to go back to their office), and a PSTV since I'd like to be able to play more recent Vita games without feeling like I need to update my Vita past 3.60 (at least until/unless someone gets something like henkaku working with the more recent firmware). Miss the days where you could just pop a game into the system and not having to worry about firmware updates, patching, or even being locked out of the game until you update.

Wow, what's the difference in workload like to make up for the increase in pay?

I can get that, especially if it's something from a game/series you really like (unfortunately for some series I like there's pretty much nothing else beyond the games themselves available in English). Though, I'd like to think that even if I had better access to money, I'd still play the "lurk and wait" game and try to find cheaper than normal video games, as opposed to paying average (or maybe more) for the first copy of a game I come across.

I'm mostly into Saturn stuff - I can deal with not owning many games but the promo, collectible, merch, etc. It's so insane. My workload is essentially the same with a few more responsibilities (signing in trucks for when shipment arrives) and I'm doing a lot of the things the managers would have me do otherwise. I was largely their project workhorse, and I didn't mind that because it gave me a lot of control. How they would do it then was a matter of "I need X done. Get it done by Y, and you can do whatever you need to get it done." Except now I'm being paid more for doing the same thing. So last time I was working I tore apart the walk-in cooler in the back room, installed new steel racks for back stock, and essentially doubled the space in the cooler. Less stress, better hours, and I'm getting paid more. Couldn't ask for more at this point!

Tons of Wii u games now that they're being clearance out. Got the yoshi wooly world + sealed amiiibo for $28, Animal crossing with amiibos sealed for $10 Mario Kart, New Mario + Luigi u and Pikmin 3 for 56 Wonderful lol for $14, paper mario color splash for 30, sealed copies of rayman origins, mario/sonic 2014, ninja gaiden 3 and a complete Nintendland for 50, etc

Also got some anime/manga i guess, nothing specialy, just that new Lupin III boxset, some random case closed books, and the first 13 vols to one piece.

Just Devil's third, FE radiant dawn and some wii classic games i never really bothered with
For some reason all the rare/expensive wii u games are just shit nobody really wants, like Sonic mario at the olympics 2016, or #FE

An extra copy of bayonetta 2 i never opened, now that i have the superior Bayo 1+2 i don't need it anymore

Pretty cool, glad to hear someone out there's enjoying their job.

Never really gave the Saturn much looking into since, as you've said, a lot of the library is expensive (or just plain never saw a western release, at least on the system). I assume most of the non-game stuff you've got in relation to it have all had to be imports?

Just ordered a complete Saturn Bomberman off Amazon for $354, got $180 worth in gift cards for my birthday this last Sunday. I only had to spend $174 on my own money to get it so I did pretty well considering it's pretty sought after & only getting more expensive.

Saturn imports since I've got all the big hitters & most of what games I really want when it comes to the NA Saturn. Street Fighter Zero 3 or Radiant Silvergun.

Sega CD & Dreamcast doubles. I wish we had a trading thing going on here. I'll take a pick of the things I'm selling later.

Pic related. I wonder if enough people do this Amazon will actually implement a 1-per-customer policy for limited quantity items.

Christ. I've seen it for £80-100 on Ebay.

Least he apolagised.

The occasional 80s trash Laserdisc.

Anything Maxis, though my collection is almost complete. I don't need five thousand different versions of the Simcities; making that SimMania pack really handy.

Trying to peddle a functional CED player with collection of CEDs, but as it turns out; there aren't a lot of media gurus where I live. Time to head north I suppose.

Noticing that sellers on EBay & Amazon keep trying to raise a complete copy of the game for $450-$500 lately. For a NA copy I think paying $174 after gift cards isn't too bad.

So that's around $120 to $150. The U.K. Price isn't totally crazy yet.

Kind of reminds me of how people got fucked over by whatever company Namco used for that CE for Ni No Kuni.

Picked up Enchanted Arms for $5, Majin & The Enchanted Kingdom for almost $20, and Trails Of Cold Steel for a little over $25. The last one I'm not too sure about since I've heard some good things about it here but was also criticized for being a sort of slow prologue to 2 & 3 elsewhere. Thing is, I'm not a fan of turn based JRPGs at all, besides Pokemon, Grandia, and Zoids Saga 2: Legacy, which I just beat a few days ago. I bought the game because everywhere else I looked was selling it for about an extra $10, and I wanted to try it it out before putting down even more money later.

Thinking about getting Odin Sphere Leifthraiser for my PS3 for my birthday. That or Macross 30.

King Of Fighters XIII: Deluxe Edition. Bought it for the poster and art CD, already have the NTSC version with the OST. Might just give it to my family, instead.

That's a bit much for Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. I got my copy for $3 complete if I remember, though I think that was during a Gamestop sale. Still, it couldn't have all that much more at normal price, and that was maybe a little bit over a year ago. Not the easiest game to find though in my experiences. Similar with trying to find a PS3 copy of El Shaddai locally, especially complete.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is pretty nice. Been playing it lately for the first time via remake mode. Not a big fan of the Valkyries, though.

Yeah, I didn't expect to see Majin locally, so it was sort of an impulse buy along with Enchanted Arms. Luck you to find it for $3 complete. Wasn't that cheap on Ebay, PlayAsia, or Amazon.

Glad to hear you enjoying Odin Sphere, I hope Cold Steel's fun for me, too.

I've got Cold Steel on my backlog as well, though I've done my research on it and it sounded enjoyable enough (might mention that I tend to enjoy JRPGs, so take that with a grain of salt). To my knowledge though it's set after the Trails in the Sky games, so it might be wise to look into those first (I assume the share thread might be able to hook you up with either the PC or PSP versions of FC and SC, though you might get whined at about wanting to pirate Falcom/XSEED games; SC doesn't even have a physical PSP release in the west and TC is going to be PC only here, unless someone rips the English script and patches it into the Japanese PSP ISO).

If there is one thing Gamestop can be given praise for, it's that their website provides some inkling of what stores around you might have a copy of something, so you're not left just blindly looking (if you're the sort that doesn't just default to buying stuff online). Of course, that doesn't tell you shit about the condition a game is in, or if it's complete, but it's sadly more than the other game carrying stores out here have managed on that end. As for the price, I think that was from a Black Friday sale or something. Was probably $5-6 normal at the time, and last I had checked Amazon it was maybe $10 used, or so.

The neat thing with Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is that it's essentially two versions of the game in the same package: An extended port of the original with the same combat style the PS2 version had, and a mode that replaces the combat style with a remade one (with Vanillaware having tweaked it as they'd made Muramasa and Dragon's Crown since then), both of which having the same level of PS3/PS4/Vita graphics (depending on the system you get it for) and content. Playing on the remake mode, I haven't encountered any of the slowdown I heard the original NA PS2 release was plagued by, and I assume that it's no longer present in the classic mode either (I haven't given that mode a go yet), so either way it's the sort of game that can satisfy both fans of the game's original style as well as people that are either newcomers to the game or thought the prior version could be improved on.

Yeah, I tend to buy mine's complete and in good condition. That's the reason why I stopped shopping at Gamestop for a long time combined with owning that rag GameInformer and being upset at their trade in prices.

Although, I did get SLAI, Psy-Ops, and Shinobi complete for ridiculously cheap, ($1-3 each) there a long time ago. It's really at the end of a console's life that it's ideal for collecting and bargain hunting though that should go without saying.

My backlog's big enough as it is, and I've been meaning to play the rest of Falcom's games that I bought/pirated, but haven't really gotten around to yet, actually. I also know about Odin Sphere's remake mode which prompted me to look into it.

Collecting is miserable in kangaroo land, everyone wants top dollar for everything.

Its honestly cheaper to buy from sales at game stores then it is to buy from second hand sellers.

Bought Yakuza 0 Business Edition and am mad at myself for not getting into the Yakuza series earlier. This is easily GOTY material.
Decided to get Digimon Cyber Sleuth for $20 because of Digimons and waifus.
Lastly, I bought a Sega CD and Slipheed to start collecting with it. Want to play Lunar and Popful Mail if I can find copies at my local game store.
Lunar and Popful Mail for Sega CD, also filling out my PS4 collection since I just got it.

I feel bad for you guys down there that are into vidya, whether it's the delayed releases, outright missing games (admittedly both that and the former being an issue with PAL on the whole), various games being banned, and the absurd prices I've seen photos of (like these). The US can have some bad prices on vidya at times (depending on the game or store), but stuff like Australia seems to see blows most of those out of the water.

Kudos to you guys for doing some shitposting in real life with those skywriters spelling out "TRUMP" above those protests.

At least right now most PS3 games are fairly cheap at Gamestop if you do get stuck looking there (newish releases can still be a tad pricy though), though some games have been on the rise in price compared to what I've seen them at there before in the past (El Shaddai going from $5 to $10, Tales Zesteria going from $15 to $30 for whatever reason, etc).

The issue is that once Gamestop officially stops stocking for a system, at least where I live, prices tend to go up because the way Gamestop's driven out pretty much all their game focused competition in town (they can't do much to big box mart tier stores and multimedia places though), they create an artificial scarcity other stores tend to be happy to capitalize on. Though, whether or not the prices shoot up fast or not depends on the system; Looking at sixth gen, the Gamecube's library shot up pretty bad pretty fast (common games going for $40+ just because they have Link, Mario, or Pokemon on it), while the PS2 only has a handful of games I'd call all that expensive, while still creeping up there in price. The Xbox has done the best price wise to the point even rather rare games like Otogi 1 and 2 are maybe $10-20 each, but that could be due to the Xbox not being a particularly popular brand to pick up old stuff for compared to Sony and especially Nintendo.

I know what you mean, my backlog's pretty big and a lot of it are games on the longer end of the spectrum.

Odin Sphere has also been one of probably only a handful of Atlus localized games that I know of to have native dual audio (with every character that you can speak with having voicing to them), if that's another plus for you. I should give you a heads up though, the way the dialogue handles, it flows from one text block to another on its own, so while the timing syncs properly with the character animations (no having to guess at when the character's finished saying their lines), it also means that if you look away from the screen you might miss what's being said (though I think there's a scene replay option or something).

Shame that Sega never saw reason to bring the Yakuza 1 &2 HD collection for the PS3 over, let alone toss either of the PS2 games on the PSN here (oddly Yakuza 3 is also missing, having left only Yakuza 4, 5 and I wager 0 as having digital versions). Yakuza 1 isn't all that expensive last I looked (though around Yakuza 5's release it seemed to spike temporarily) though a tad hard to find, while Yakuza 2 is a lot harder to find a good deal pricier ($45-80 where I live). But I suppose if Sega winds up giving Yakuza 2 the remake treatment like they're doing for Yakuza 1, availability may cease being an issue.

Pick related. I have one, it's works perfectly playing NTSC and Pal games.

ebay.co.uk/itm/sega-saturn-bomberman-game-complete-with-manual-/222373492003?hash=item33c67e3523:g:DosAAOSwU-pXre~j
Nah, fairly consistent still. Link for any bongland user who wants it. I'd get it, but looking to expand my Vita library.

Odin Sphere's fun, would be worth picking up. Macross Ultimate Frontier translation never ever.

Christ. My condolences.

I order allot of my retro games from the uk or Europe, it works out cheaper even if I'm paying allot for postage.

The thing that still haunts me to this day is that I could of built up a good collection for cheap but I read an article in a games mag years ago about how retro games would be worthless because of emulators and I believed it at the time.

Yeah, hindsight's a bitch. I'd have loved to get started on cheap pickups sooner, had I had more access to games growing up, more money to drop on them, and knew more about where to look locally. Honestly can't believe how lucky I've gotten on certain finds even here in the states even in the last few years though, especially for some games that average on the much more expensive end of things. Though that one PALanon a few weeks ago that managed the entire .hack//IMOQ subseries for one yurobuck each might very well put all my finds to shame.

Only good thing to come out of that game was Midna. I have a gamecube copy and I may just sell it so I can buy a new computer part.

I got the Asian English LE for Gravity Rush 2 in yesterday. Definitely one of my favorite purchases recently - it is the only way to get a physical coly of the anime with English subs.

The game itself is good, too.

I don't mind Twilight Princess as much as some people I suppose, but here in the US it's surprisingly pricy on the Gamecube even despite how well Legend of Zelda tends to sell. Though, I suppose it might be a factor of it being less available on the Gamecube than Wii, and the Gamecube version not being mirrored or waggled.

Still feels odd to see it on average for $45-75 where I live, depending on the store. Makes me glad either way that I only got mine for $30 complete.

Finally got more shelves to hold my games. Here are 2 for now until I can snap the other 3 later on this week. The Sega shelf is my most favorite.

Forgot this one for my hand held shelf.

And I thought gamestop keeping stuff like return to dreamland at 40 bucks was jewish. Hell, i remember getting an unplayed copy of sotn off of ebay for 20 bucks. 250 for a played copy is highway robbery.

Sega shelf.

Couldn't post the Dreamcast shelf for some reason.

I'm assuming you've played most if not all of your Sega CD games. Which ones would you say are the best? Been wanting to pick up the JRPGs since I know they're good.

I've played most all. Popful Mail has a ton of charm but is a bit tough. The colors floored me when I first popped it in. Worth getting a Sega CD alone.

Both Lunars are cool. If you don't want to pay $150 or more for a copy get the PlayStation versions.

Dark Wizard had some great cinematics, underrated & still relatively cheap compared to the other RPGs on the Sega CD. It's a tactical RPG by the way.

Gamestop does act like scalpers when they can get away with it. Pic related was from right after they got a reprint of Xenoblade.

As for SotN, to my knowledge in PAL that's not helped by the fact that it's supposedly actually rare out there; while in NA it saw plenty of copies, even selling well enough for a Greatest Hits print, in PAL, apparently Konami couldn't give much of a fuck about printing off more than the initial run. But even then, I seem to remember it being about $80 average (some years back, anyhow), not $250 worth a game.

Pretty nice. Wish I had better access to a properly synced color printer for my GBA games, as I've got a bunch of spare DS cases to print more covers out for.

How's Soul Bubbles?

Bump.

Getting a decent printer is key to keeping your collection looking spiffy.

I haven't played Soul Bubbles just yet.

Yeah, I know that just buying a color printer myself would likely be the best solution, but that takes both buying your own ink cartridges as well as a pricy (I think I heard they were like $50) device you might only need to ever use once to properly sync the printer's output to match what the file should be. I'd rather put what spending money I have towards games themselves, and unfortunately, while I'd be willing to drop money every so often on having a print made at, say, Kinkos, the ones here outright refuse to print media covers of any sort. They claim that it's "aiding bootleggers" and don't want to have anything to do with that.

Really need a proper replacement cover made for my copy of .hack//G.U. Vol 3 since the previous owner seems to have both spilled water on it and left it in the sun too long. Unfortunately, the guy I knew that sold prints on ebay has shut down, and I'm not sure if the best local store I know of, friendly as they are with me, would let me pay to exchange the cover art if they ever got a copy in with better condition art. Hell, the only proper full scan I've seen of it seemed to have not been scanned all that well anyhow, and on TCP, they don't have any G.U. scans on the site aside from the Terminal Disc and Volume 1 on their forum.