Dominions 4: Dithering edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

8ch /domg/ has it's own discord channel now, best used for setting up blitz's and Conquest of Elysium games
discord.gg/QrtP2mr

dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed) (embed)

jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. There is an older version you can pirate however you will not be able to play online or by email games, but it's recommended you get that and try it out before committing to your purchase.

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AidesofMA8CH
steamcommunity.com/app/403950/discussions/1/361787186427048725/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8NightGames
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Since most of the other games are winding down; we should get a new one set up, especially for those newer players who still haven't gotten to play yet.

Discuss age and mods here.

I've been fucking around with all ages. Maybe something in the middle age to show off magic and high armoured units.

You know, get some fire slingers attacking each other or some ulm solders fighting for there lives.

I finally bought a legit copy of the game.
Is there a way to observe a game? I want to see how you nerds play. I'm still a babby.
What age and nation should I roll for this game I'm about to play against the AI? I'm just trying random shit at this point and seeing what I like.

ok Middle Age is a pretty good age for anyone to get into as well I think, if I play I'll pick a weaker nation after everyone else has decided what they want to do. I hope to get at least 8-10 guys this time around, in the other MA game we got around 8 Im also thinking probably just vanila with worthy heros so everyone can get use to how the nations/games work without being confused by extra spells.

lets see what we can do here is a start, we can adjust things as we go along. I'd like to start this game on the 5th at the earliest, but lets wait this time until it gets filled instead of just making a smaller game.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=AidesofMA8CH

Just playing around with it is a good idea, there are some youtube guys you can watch as well I guess if that's your thing.

The best way to learn though is by playing, joining the discord to join in blitz's is a good way to get multiplayer experience over play by email, but still most of our games are the latter. Single Player is fun until you figure out how to bait the AI since it can't come up with more advanced tactics on it's own, still useful for learning how to expand with a new nation.

Also as far as blitz's go I'll make it an effort to announce them here first, the discord is more for syncing everyone up

I sent in an Ulm army. I was fiddling around with scales so this will be fun to do instead of a bless army. Don't expect anything crazy, my goal is to make Dragons.

I sent a pretender in as Pelagia, hoping to get some innovative strats going.

Was thinking about Ermor, but I don't want to have to push skeletons around. Maybe Margignon instead.

I made some OC, i'm pretty shit at it, but i want ot figure out how to get rid of the white shit.

Why are tridents so fucking good?

Length, must shit they fight in the sea can't match there length, and they move pretty quick. I don't know, never played as them.

7 base damage!

just crop it?

In English, how about in english?
That sentence can hardly be parsed. Orwell tried to warn people from doing what you've just done, and more besides but do you care? No…

There's no point putting those two words before array. Array already means 'impressive amount of options', 'wide' already means 'a big variety'. Are you trying to blow minds by putting 'extremely big variety of impressive amounts of options'? it's just…uggh

What do 'strategic options' generally mean anyway? Seems like very vague terminology.

Your right, i was an idiot, forgot what crop was.
Here it is cropped

It's a meme that the OP is shit here, but tbh I just cunt pasted it this time around.If you want to be so pedantic about it, then lets call 'strategic options' "tactical options" because that is really what the OP is saying.

generally speaking though I see what you're talking about all the time, people conjugating words together to seem more impressive than they really are.

Yeah, exactly. Wait, if you posted this OP then you're the one at fault. Previous OP probably learned his lesson. You should have to release 10 blood slaves in penance.

Well, it won't be the end of the world. I do agree that people worry to much about what they say. Sweet and simple, the words my engineer prof would always say. Other then that.

Anybody have suggestions for some OC i can make? I want to make some shitty photos for this game.

Do you want general ideas or specific happenings from our games here? I've got a half decent happening idea. Do you remember the time in an now finished EA game when a Dai Oni was turned into a chicken by the Lord of the Wild Hunt and still killed him and the dogs he brought along? Because that is worthy of being remembered even if it was a terrible stroke of luck on my part.

Hmmm
i'll figure something out. Chicken oni, sounds good.

I made the last OP too, like I said I just cunt pasted this one.

speaking of OC, this is the only thing I've finished to date, also wasn't the Dai Oni turned into a frog? I know i Have the picture still of Teijiro the Frog with his fire brand

I've been working on this for the last hour. I'm happy how the Mask turned out

If you don't want to roll the dice, why the fuck are you gambling?

It's been discussed to death already; but save it for posterity I guess.

Is Boni a cunt?

yes

The guy who wrote it is just a sore loser trying to cause drama who blog posts about how he's always right.

He rage quit every single game he's in, including ones "Boni" wasn't in, just because he got attacked.

Listen up faggot I'm just playing around.
I've been playing games here for 16 months, I have lost the majority of games I have played.

These are the first games I'm actually going AI, and the reasons being what was listed in Discord.
You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about and it shows, probably just some upset faggot who has gotten rolled by me.

I have no idea? give me a break man; for all the posturing you do you sure bend over easy when someone shows the slightest resistance, but you just want to be a spoiler and talk shit where you have nothing to back it up.

you were in a better position than anyone and crumpled like a piece of paper after one turn of being attacked, you have no leg to stand on

Posturing? Nigga I just talk shit and make ridiculous claims, its not my fault half this board is comprised of either children or autists who don't understand OBVIOUS jokes.
Give me dates and instances this happened?
I didn't go AI when Y's attacked Xilbalba in our disciples game, I spent two years fighting 3 other players in Shitshow, the very first game I ever played here was against overwhelming odds as Oceania and Yomi were whipping the other disciples teams.
What are you even talking about nigger its not being attacked that I was upset about and in my fucking blog post I outlined exactly why.

Most of the turn by turn fights I put up are battles of me LOSING.
Yet you still think I'm somehow am pissed off about being attacked?
Holy shit, again you have no fucking idea what you are discussing.
Just fucking drop it and stop trying to make drama out of fucking nothing.

Do you even read what you post? you need to relax man. If everything is true about what you say you should calm the fuck down and show some humility instead of making angry blog posts, your attitude is what the problem is here IMO.

So you being confused about the situation, misconstruing what happened and making claims that aren't anywhere in the realm of reality is my fault?
Do you work for CNN?

No the situation is pretty clear, but you're the problem and you can't admit you're in the wrong, then to back up the fact you're not wrong you make up reasons why. Why does any of that stuff you said prevent you from having fun? you're supposed to be one of the best players here and you're getting your feathers all ruffled and you raged, then you're arguing about it still with me.

I thought you were going to take a break as well, but you're being insulting and upset over being attacked. Let me ask you this, if you anticipated a move against you, why didn't you play more defensively after the agreement was over instead of acting surprised when it happened; it's written out in plain english for everyone to see after all.

Wew buddy what are you even talking about?
You claimed I'm upset by being attacked my question to you is if I have spent a year and half playing here and lost a majority of the games why would it be, being attacked that made me upset?
Why would something that has happened hundreds of times already upset me now?
Unless you are completely wrong about what I was pissed about and not really sure about the situation but sure you want to make something out to be my fault.

I am taking a break, I'm not playing. I wasn't posting here either until you posted your own version of what happened.
Which is the reason I made my fucking long blog post so faggots like you couldn't misconstrue what my reasons were.
But here you are fucking doing it anyway.

w/e I read it, I'd just rather you play instead of acting out about an alleged wrong; that is all.
I'll drop it

Thank you, god forbid somebody who wants to learn about the game stumbles upon our pissing match and thinks the community is drama infested as the SS13 serb.
This is why I wanted to leave it on Discord and not the general.

I will probably still come by to shitpost to bump the threads but like I said I'm not going to play for a while because the games have stopped being fun for me.

That's reasonable, next time there is a disciple game let's team up

Sceleria in AidesofMA8ch, toss me out. Computer screen is busted to fuck.

If you aren't back by the time we actually fill up I will then ok?

I have some free time this weekend, does anybody have suggestions for me to make shit? I 'm pretty new, but i like making photoshop stuff.

Is there any female specific spells which could fuck up blood spells?

No there is not, but a spell like Earthquake is good enough to kill blood slaves in 1 hit usually.

Make this image, but PC is a Telkhine God king, with foul vapours in the background, PS4 is an Earth Snake, Wii U is the Annunaki of Love and War, and Xbone is a Gorgon or Vampire Queen your pick.

I'm claiming C'tis.

Please Extend 8EAdisciples and Ma8ragnarok, same guy has staled a couple times.

Cool, an update dropped.
Apparently all those lolis you got from blood hunts were actually just very convincing traps.

shitpost

Thats pretty good.

I remember the best one of those comics featuring PC was where he is emulating and having ptsd from consoles from days gone by.
Like dreamcast.

Yeah, that's the stuff.

I have unstarted AidesofMarch because Sceleria blew up his computer and still hasn't returned.

I will start it again tonight, hope you can make it then Sceleria

Would it be out of the question to add MagicEnhanced or Summod? I don't really care which one but either would be good enough for me.

yeah it would be this is meant to be a vanilla game for people who haven't gotten to play yet to get used to how the game is before you throw in a bunch of crap on top of it.

I thought I'd participate as a weaker nation, but I'm just going to administrate these games, I'll also host another vanilla game after MA8ragnarok is completed.

at that time present if you have any suggestions for a map though I'll hear you.

Okay so i sent in my turn, or has the game started yet? for aidesofMarch

Ahhh, game hasn't started yet, my bad.

Okay what happened to 8WizardsGenesis ?
Confucius has been slacking off a because I'm in the far corner and missed some turns recently because i was busy.
But now i notice that Jews went AI at some point and pythum staled twice in a row. Ys also staled, which may be a fluke but i wouldn't be surprised if he dropped the game.
I'm just sorry for Xibalba because he seems to still care about this game.

Is there some sort of drama between namefags going in the discord or something, i can't be bothered to look there.

No idea really, there was some drama hear, but it cleared up.

Ys has been moving on me relatively hard so I don't know when he stalled. Jew left all his games, that includes 8Successor, but let's not get into that, he has his reasons.
Only reason I haven't gone ai is both that being a learning experience and trying to be helpful to the team in any way that I could. Hasn't been particularly fun for a long time.

Guy playing Pythium has been staling in all of his games, no one knows what happened to him.

I started it last night but it went back to waiting for pretenders for some reason, it's been restarted.

It means its your time to shine brah.
Let me give you some advice, not matter how big your army is, if you are in an ally province you won't show on the map unless someone specifically clicks that province.

Y's is using largely magical units like Ether warriors so astral works really well.
Look at it this way, Y's and Elves are really the only ones left on the other team so now its even :^)

ded game

Also, for those who care, the MA game finally started. Time to see who flames out first.

I hope your ready for shit plays. My only goal is to make iron dragons.

Since I'm no longer playing in any games (and this thread is ded)I want to share some of most absolute broken shit I have encountered but not told anyone.

The one I can think of right now which is the Lumber Construct I got in the L8ShitShow game.
As a Mindless, soulless being it is impervious to astral SC counters.
With the proper items it can become a incredible SC with great trampling dps.

But on top of that, is that it has nature 2 allowing enlarge.
With leads to the broken aspect.
With most magical constructs, they cannot naturally heal, HOWEVER when casting enlarge they increase their health pool.
On the end of the battle their health returns to the PREVIOUS TOTAL, meaning as long as the construct casts enlarge it will return to full health after a battle.

On top of all that, mindless beings are impervious to horror marks making them one of the few counters to horrors.

Given that you were using it to trample my shit in that game, I can believe it.

this is only good in Magic Enhanced, Im guessing since that mod adds extra magical abilities to normal everyday units.

You'll also have to divine mind it since it is a mindless being which is another late game spell.

Cool but impractical; and mindless beings can still attract horrors, which is not intended I'm guessing but I've had it happen with a golem wearing the gift of kurgi before (the golem also went insane, which is another trait a mindless being is supposed to be immune too)

Man, Machaka needs support, they being oppressed and shit.
How can we help these niggers

Also, if i find any little hobbits and shit, i'm going to make an army of them. If you see this, nobody trample them, Promise??

I think it happens regardless when its an item because the effects are coded differently.
I've never had a mindless unit horror marked when fighting a full blown horror.
Maybe they just resist it as it says they are less interesting but that doesn't mean completely uninteresting.

How are your games going?

staled a turn because I was busy choking on my own spit due to some sort of throat bug, but otherwise alright.

Some body keeps trying to tell me machakas have rights. All i want to do is smith.

Yeah the niggers will soon learn. Don't worry.

Do any of have any experience dealing with the iron dragon from cons 9? Im not worried about getting there, i have a strategy for that, but i've never fielded it. I would like to burn some niggers with it and knowing how it works would be great from personal experience

Give him an copper arm and vine shield.
Maybe shroud of the saint if you have a good bless.
You'll want a couple items for the ME resist as 12 isn't that high.

Interesting, but i dont have a good source of nature gems, so i'll have to wing it some how. Thanks tho.

By the time you get to Construction 9 you will have a few provinces with indies with nature paths.
Nature paths are the most common path for indie mages, summon a few when you find them and you should get one with 2 nature.
Keep that one safe, and have the rest look for sites.
By the end of year 3, you should have a few nature mages producing shields or wine bags with decent nature income.

You NEED nature if your going construction too many things are useful.
Like Stone Necklace which cures disease.

What if i find a dwarf, and give him amulet of the giants, will people be ready for that meme?

Better yet get a bunch of Hoburgs, and cast enlarge on them.
But yes, that meme has been done to death.

In one game I took a gnome, gave him the amulet, boots of the behemoth, and had him cast enlarge.
Equipped him with some basic items, and he did a pretty good job of taking out medium armies and seizing provinces.

Alright alright, i'll make sure to make a meme that can be good. Just don't expect stuff

So are we just giving up on that game?

How do you name commanders? I' m going to have a lot of guysnamed adolf, i don't really want that.

Find other important Nazis, or alternatively if you are MA or EA ulm, name them after WW1 Germany figures.

I'll do that, but how do i rename commanders?

Right click them to open up the stats, then press R.
Make sure you enable commander renaming in game setup though, it's off by default.

Thanks, that makes more sense

They played the waiting game.

Team Azoreus #1

So you guys might start another game soon?

So lets say, I have a mage that is 2N, i make him transform with magic spell, he then becomes a insect, or a frog. I give him an amulet of giants, so his size increases. Then when hes in combat, i make him cast enlarge on himself, then make him attack the enemy. Would this be handy?

Or he transforms into a shark, give him the amulet of the fish, and the amulet of giant, he casts quickness and enlarge at the start of the battle, would he make people shit a brick?

if he becomes an insect or frog, he probably got feeble minded.

Make sure you have a way to cure that ahead of time, other than that he'll be big and thus more susceptible to getting hit. but he'll probably kill things in one hit, and don't forget Personal regeneration which is N2

Anyway…Ctis you just don't know when to give up do you!? how many of your fart wizards need to die before you go away!

Possibly. Guys at the discord were mulling over a vanilla LA game.

we will probably blitz on sunday 6pm central. be there or be square

I guess i should go to the discord then, also i would like to blitz

possible COE4 game tonight 2 hours from this post

are you winning your games user?

I don't have COE4, but really, my game started pretty well. I have been taking land pretty good. I'm little nervous cause i've never played agasint other people before, but with ulm, all i care about is smithing.

We're going to blitz tonight don't forget. the more people that show up early in discord the faster we can get started.

Will probably set up around 6pm 7pm central

let us know what age you want to play in the blitz tonight!

ETA 1 hour

YOU FAGGOTS CMON YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS AHEAD OF TIME

That was a lot of fun tonight, remeber not to like the niggers

I see those spiders machaka, why can't you be civilized and ride glorious lizard mounts. There warm, comfy, and make real bros.

Shilling a balance mod for conquest of elysium 4, it's not done yet but he's worked on more than half the classes. steamcommunity.com/app/403950/discussions/1/361787186427048725/

So i finally did it, got my nature mage to transform into a shark, gave her ring of regen and amulet of fish. Got her onto land, she casts quikenself. Holy shit, she moves fucken fast.She went across the field and ate a dude.

I'm using this strat for life.

A reminder, that this friday or saturday, we will be having another blitz, come out and get your faced stomped on.

That COE4 Mod looks pretty cool actually, when I host another game we'll use that.

I like the Enchanter thematically, but it's downright unplayable but this mod seems to help them out quite abit

can i stop time?
can i go full deus volt and eradicate the (((elves))) with chad thundercock soldiers?
can i create a nation of gay lovers?

You already answered that question.

Okay, faggots. Who here is interested in another LA game? I'm going to be throwing up the llamaserver as soon as I find a suitable map. Dibs on the squids

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8NightGames

Uh. Join or something, I guess.

So how the fuck do I host a sever? Me and a couple of buddies are trying to play through Evolve but I can't even join my own fuckin game.

You need two instances of dominions running. Just run the first instance as a server, then start a second instance through the .exe, and then join localhost.

BLITZ NIGGERS

Blitz starting in probably 30mins to an hour, Middle Ages

No Site searching mod on for a faster game

modding is a lot of work. one of you chummers should learn how to mod this game with me so we can make something worthwhile

All i can do is read simple code. What do you need me to do.

Anyone have recommendations on a number of provinces and thrones per player?

ayyy this thread still exists.

We come and go.

I post when we get to page 12 so we don't die

Looking for three more players.

Join now! llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8NightGames

I'll join as Atlantis, but don't expect much from my first MP game.

What mods should I get?

worthy heroes, summod, magic enhanced

I don't have any nation mods to recommend as they are always OP so fun is limited for me, but Black Ulm can be real fun.

You ain't dying on my watch, nigger. Post game ramblings.

Giant kraken are breddy fun awake pretenders to fuck around with.

One of my favorite things to do with ME is play EA rlyeh with a dormant one.
By the time he's done napping I can kit him out and from there take a hop skip and a jump to World Domination and break free of the bonds of the sea.

Giant Kraken is the only reason why i want to play UW nations. Thinking how funny it would be to give it the amulet of the fish, and let him fight on land, makes me laugh everytime.

I done it. Shit's as funny as you think it would be.

N9B9 mitchlan is a meme? I have a bad time in late game with just Jaguar warriors and Jaguar Fiends. They are deal to little damage and in same time dont have any armor and bunch of blessed monkeys with bows wreck my shit up.

You want chaff with shields in front of your jaguar warriors. Only played them with a blood bless and it worked pretty well.

As a hear better use a bunch of Blood mage summons with Leech but virgins are cost to much for big army and i dont know how to suply them without big regions with 30k population and above.
Also Agartha is a fucking annoying and shits on my bless army.

Sounds like you need to practice blood harvesting then.
Of course you need 30k population. And if the game progresses for too long, expect them to dwindle to 20k.
But you also need several boosters. Not just booster to Blood magic (those increase virgins harvest too) but also to the harvest itself. There's atleast 2 diferent misc items to boost it, I think there was some armor and a helmet aswell. Make somewhere between 5 to 10 harvesters. Cake them in "blood sniffing gear" and have them go at it.
And don't stop them. The sooner you start, the bigger your stock is when shit hits the fan.
The thing about blood is that it's all about preparing. If someone shows up ready to slap your shit, you can't just go melting gems into the correct type. If you don't have virgins, you're fucked and that's it.
Hint: for a small scale war, 300-400 virgins is the bare minimum. If you're preparing for all-out war against a large empire (another player) you better get 1500 virgins ready.

And that is common to all magic paths (barring a few exceptions). It's nearly always best to blow a large ammount of resources in one go and deal a devastating blow then pepper them with a few spells every few turns.
Then the oponent has to rebuild his army while yours moves forward and proceeds to be holocausted by his 600 air gems

But who the fuck knows, everything involved with Blood magic in this game seems rather easy to grasp and use but when push comes to shove, things either go 5 fucking stars or tits up, no middle ground.
Fucking Blood Magic.

Astral is much more reliable and interesting.

I combine Imprint Souls with "demonic Locust" I dont remember blood spell name for completely killing Dom in capital/heavily guarded province and bomb it with Moonwarriors under Undead spell what turs them in to skeletons (add pierce resist) and mass Iron skin buff. Only this work VS heavy armored army.

Completely missed that you were playing late age, nevermind me.

EA is a boring to me. MA and LA is there all "fruits".

yeah LA Mictlan suffers from severe retardation for still using Bronze as their highest tech level in an age of semi-industrialized steel using badasses.

They have really good magic though

Only way is a Fog Warriors and Air/Blood.

Yeah but they're water major in LA, can do some funky Falling Frost communions that would destroy entire armies I reckon.

I never tried going full water. What a spell should benefit?

well I mean look at the Kings of Rain and shit for LA mictlan; you have a lot of potential for them, but your main troop line sucks and Ozolotyls aren't as good anymore because its LA and everyone has good protection on average (not great) and longer weapons to avoid getting hit 3 times in a row.

You just really have to pick your battles I guess.

What a bout Mitchlan Giant Frogs? Worth a use aside memes?

Yeah they can be alright in small numbers and spread out I guess; I never really use them though I prefer to make the serpents.

I just read they have a acit range attack what melt Jet planes armor.

Too much work.
What you wanna cast is Imprint souls 5 times in every province a guy has.
So, a typical late-game player will have about 12 provinces (unless you already fucked up) and you're at a stalemate.
How much was it, 30 gems? You need 150 per territory, so that's 1800 astral gems.
You also need 60 guys casting this shit. Remember to boost them, summons more shit.
Reminder: Impront souls summons a bunch of shitty troops, but more importantly a priest. So keep 4800 gold ready and imediately build a temple in every single one of those territories.
Computer oponents won't react this quickly, but a human player will have 2 armies clearing those terriotiries. Thus, count on a minimum of 6 turns to clear out the priests. That's 6 turns of you pumping out dominion. Which is kinda shit, if you didn't max dominion on your pretender, but a fucking religious nuke if you started with 10 dominion.

That's why you make sure you can produce enough gems in those 6 turns. Aka, if you're producing 300 astral gems per turn (or twice that in other colours) stock up on something 5000 gems before starting.
I've tried this strategy a few times, works everytime. Most folks crumble from lack of dominion after the second hit, the stronger one's take 3 waves.

Then you're fucked, but since noone takes 10 dominion, you'll do fine.
All well and good if you can make it work.
Me? I go for the simpler strats. The simpler it is, the less chance it has to fail.
If you haven't noticed, this strategy is perfect (if not, the only) for R'lyeh to take land. Just roam the oceans, kill shit, sodomize Atlantis and make everything underwater your bitch.
You got a great spell to scout for gems too.

Mind you: this strategy is for winning, and not for fun. If you want fun, you have Horror marks. You have summons that cause horror marks. Horror marks are fun.
Have I ever posted the story about the time I horror marked some guy 37 times, and the thing that came from him horror marked his bodyguards, then there was a battle and nearly 100 soldiers were horrormarked?
It took a while, and the soldiers joined up with some 300 guys that had underwater bullshit to be go into the sea. They knock on my door and say "Ah, ah, Rl'yeh, we're here to bully you".
Then I guess the 100 horror marks triggered at the same time, there was a mass of tentacles and horrific shit and all I could hear from my underwater palace was some muffled screaming and the sounds of digestion.

R'lyeh: why use an army when you've got Madness?

Oh and someone asked me this once:
Sure, you can cast once and provinces with no PD will fall. You could cast it twice with some other summons for provinces with some PD to make it fall too.
The reason you cast it 5 times is because you summon 5 priests. Right off the bat, while one is building the temple, the other 4 are already converting people. You get 4 sneaky rolls on dominiont conversation before anyone even realizes what just happened. That's 48 rolls in dominion on the first turn across all his territories, and they can "bleed" into neighbouring territories.
On the next turn, you got 6 priests and a temple, so that's 8 rolls. If he regained two provinces, you're still rolling 80 diferent rolls to convert dominion.
Now consider that the priests that are summoned are also sacred and they get a boost to their stats once your dominion overtakes them. The longer the oponent takes to wipe them out, the harder they get. If they don't get them out in time for your next wave of imprint souls, there's gonna be a few territories with 10 priests, +6 dominion making them hrder to kill (basically, you need heavy infantry at that point) and all the while you can spend gold elsewhere because you don't need to fucking army.
Not to mention the unrest. The break in income. The gem economy. Trust me 5x Imprint souls is the reason I've been arguing on the forum that Rituals should have a delay of one turn and a scout can then report you what some mage is gonna cast, giving people a chance to counter-spell it.

Then again, it would make magic a lot more unfun, so fuck it, madness and terror.
Vid related, it's a handy tutorial on playing R'lyeh.

You got basically two units you can afford to make en masse at the start: some shitty infantry and the screaming bugs. Make your army 1/4 infantry and tell them to hold for two turns, then attack. Fil the other 3/4 with the screaming bugs. Turn the volume of your computer down. 150 of those things screaming really hurts your ears.
Watch them make everyone fall down with fatigue, then your shitty infantry poke tiny holes in them to death. Bonus: have the screaming bugs focus on comanders. 100% accurancy, 100% paralyzation. I dub them the REEEEE army.

Vampires are worth using?

Depends. Vampire commanders are good for cheap thugging as they are immortal, but will lose items upon death.

Vampire units are good for weak enemy armies, they never lose units provided they die in your dominion so you can recapture lost provinces and destroy enemy armies with low attrition.

Almost everywhere I've gone people shit on vampires. but they're all fucking retarded because they'd still shell out to make soul contracts.

Well I'll tell you now, even if they're not in your Dominion each Vampire Lord is not only more cost effective than a soul contract for what you're getting because of magic paths Vampires are just more powerful than a devil will ever be.

When you get enough of them Vampires are more akin to a swarm of giant hornets that rape everything to death with Life Drain, are super hard to damage thanks to invulnerability and regenerate anyway.

You're going to be buffing them anyway in combat right? even 50 of them with quickness and antimagic turns them into a nearly immortal meat grinder against much larger armies stacked with good mages with w/e spells you can think of rain of stones, banish spammers it doesnt matter.

Vampires are dom4's well best kept secret, and anyone who tells you otherwise is retarded or just doesnt want you to git gud

t.Vampire

Where i can get so much Virgins for 50 vampires?

You blood hunt for them? also you buy the lords which can spawn 1 a turn.

It racks up pretty fast, I'm doing this in one of my games right now even!

Ayy boy, heard you talking shit.

Vampires in Conquest of Elysium are better anyways. They're even better with the balance mod steamcommunity.com/app/403950/discussions/1/361787186427048725/

I will never play anything in that game besides the mad cultists.

Can tell you that it wasn't nearly as much fun when I tried to get it for me. At least the fucker lost his capital, dipshit messed with an Old one, he gets the Old Schlong.

what a couple of jokers

Man and Ragha, you best not be stalling in the LA game niggers.

Come on man it's 2017, and vampires don't have to be gay and sparkly anymore. (just cute)

it takes D2 to make a Revenant which means you're going to have to make a skull staff for 10d, and then 9d to cast the spell.

Whereas my vampire lord can just make vampires forever :^)

the drain effect doesnt happen but it still kills them in 1 hit.

And a Vampire Lord will still be casting their own undead chaff into the fight while leading these guys remember, you just can't go wrong with Vampires.

WRONG
You know what you can't go wrong with?
Olms + Pale One's.
Allow me to elaborate. Olms will blast shit from afar with 100% german precision engineering right in their squishy minds. Take some 200 of these guys and everything drops down on the floor on the second turn of every combat.
Now add 50 or so Troglodytes or Pale One's. See, Pale One's can't hit for shit. They got shit eyes and shit precision. But if the target is lying on the ground, unable to move, they will happily pummel it into hamburgers of various tastes.
For shits and giggles, I renamed a Great Olm to "Leonidas" and gave him 299 Olms. They went around the map screaming "SPAAAARRRTTAAAAAAA" at everything and everything dropped dead.
Then I got wrecked really hard, but I'm not gonna say how because I still wanna cheese with Agartha on a multiplayer game here.
Gold wise, they are. And they're also sacred. So boost your dominion and gold income. At 1 (one!!!) resource, they're a great unit that counters 90% of the game in large numbers.

Is this a bad omen?

Nah. It's timber for the furnace of war.

Sacred units by themselves don't boost your dominion; you need a priest to do that.

Vampires are the best; and you're droopy eyed armless worm men can't do anything about it!

Now I've got to make a vampire game, Should i go late-age Ulm?
I feel like Being a human faction is a necessity when going vampires

Got this game and having fun. I have hardly touched magic yet though.You guys set up game nights at all?

Yeah we've been a little spontaneous lately on the discord, for blitz's and COE4 but one of us always announces early if a blitz is going to happen here.

Other than that just keep watch for PBEM games

You won't have a chance in multiplayer until you learn how to WIZZARD it up.
I'll give you some tips.

First: getting gems. This is where most new players fail after all. Get someone with 3 or 4 in a magic path that is important for your faction out scouting. He won't find all magic sites, but he'll get you some to get started. A mobile pretender is usually the best since you start with 4-5 in 3 schools for instance.
You end up getting some spells so search sites remotely with 9 in that path, but those cost gems so relly on them later in the game.

Now that you got your gems, let's talk research. Evocation is the "cast fireball/thunder" flavour of magic you got on most other games. You should research 3 levels in this to give your mages some shit to cast. You can also give them some gems before sending them out. They don't burn throught them that fast (unless you script it) and keeps them fairly powerfull.
Alteration is pretty much buffs, and conjuration is all about summoning armies for you.
Hint: if you got a lot of gems for one school, you can SHIFT+M when you got a mage selected to make him cast the same ritual every month: automatic summons. Give him 5-6 months to call a good-sized army.
Enchatment also has some boosts but it's like Thaumaturgy, in that it's mostly rituals to use outside the battle with some esoteric uses, like remote scouting, making units better or a miriad of other effects. Read up on the spells for your magic paths (if you're going Abyssa for instance, read up on everything that requires fire).

Construction is important for everyone. Lvl 2, 4, 6 and 8 unlock new tiers of items to build, lvl 1,3,5,7 and 9 unlock some mech-based summons. It's rather important to get this to 6 soonish because there's a lot of important items there. More on that later.
Blood magic is a whole diferent sort of beast, if you can't magic up with the other paths, don't try bloodmagic. You gotta learn to deal with unrest and pop-loss. Try playing with Ermor and nations that lose population to get a sense of how that works.

Items are more than just stat boost. You want armors and weapons with special effects on your fighters, sure. But there's a dozen items to give to your spies and assassins and make them lethal as fuck/impossible to find out.
For mages you got 3 important boosts: Magic path boost is the one people do the most. If the mage is F3, give him a booster and he's now F4, saving you the 45 gems to empower him.
Then you can boost range of rituals, for remote summons/scouting and so far.
Lastly, you have a bunch of items to empower diferent kinds of summoning, eg.: a rod of lightining makes your "Reanimate" summon more dead shit.
There's also items that boost the Blood Hunt for blood mages. Along with the Blood booster, they'll start up your Virgin economy.

Not usually needed, but if you're up against a large army with your own large army, script it to make sure they don't fuck up. AoE's (either for damage or buffs) are a good bet. Remember that things that "affect the whole battlefield" might not always be a good idea.

Lastly, mages can only do rituals in labs, so that means most times they'll be stuck in one of your forts, but remember that you can blow 500 gold on a lab near your enemy, protect the mages with an army and blast rituals at him.
Or just boost ritual range, you can cover half the map with a good mage anyway.

Final advice: read up on everything level 8 and 9 in the research tree. Make one of those your goal, because there's shit there that will fuck up the world really good. Hopefully benefitting you.
Break the Seal of Agartha anons, come one. Break it.

Atlantis Im going for 22, letting you know so we don't have any conflicts.

I've started to fuck around with it, make one or two schools my focus for a play through. I'm still confused on boosting mages though, is that just how strong they are in a certain path? Or the level of magic they can cast?

Empowerment improves how strong they are in a certain path of magic either one of the elements or sorceries.

Usually it's more cost effective just to make items like Earth Boots as a path booster for your mages to cast higher level spells, or giving them gems to cast in combat.

Whatever faction you're playing will determine which schools you want to learn first.

Booster tipically add a level on the mage (some give him an extra gem he can use to cast spells in combat, refreshes every battle).
They lose the level if you remove the item.
That means you can start with a guy with F3 for instance.
If you research Construction to lvl 6, you'll notice the guy can craft a Fire Skull. Actually he can't because the Fireskull takes 1F and 1D to make. So you empower him with 45 D gems. He's F3 D1 now.
You make the Fire skull and give it to him. He's now F4 D1, only instead of paying something like 80 Fire gems, you paid 5 fire gems.
Why do this instead of empowerment? Simple: if you want hard hitting master of arcane magic, you'd have to spend so many gems, you could only have a couple of strong wizards.
But most nations will give you a wizard or two that already starts at 3 in his path. Give him a pair of boosters (you won't spend more than 15 gems) and you got a wizard with 5 on his path, that's enough to cast some very destructive shit and you can make them en'masse.
Boosting fire levels also boosts how much research your mages contribute, since each level in magic paths adds to the research.
If I was you, after making this Fire skull, Id' give them a Fire Jar aswell. Usually, mages with no scripting will spend a gem to raise their level once per battle. That's why this temporary-once-per-battle gem is very important. Your F5 mage turns into a F6 mage.
The higher the level a mage has, the less fatigue he spends on spellcasting, the more damage and effects the spells have on top of giving him acess to some nasty, nasty shit like controlling the entire enemy army in one turn.

If you wanna try something more esoteric, take up any nation with astral magic and try to set up a Communion. Two ways to do this:
There's a couple of spells you gotta research. Communion Master and Communion slave. These are great for nations with weaker mages. You script the Master to cast the "master" spell and every slave to cast the "slave" version.
For each two slaves, the master gets one boost to his magic paths. That means with 8 slaves, you can turn a F6 into a F10 (dunno if it goes higher than 9 thought).
This is also why you see spells that demand 250 fatigue: you're suposed to make communions with them, since the fatigue is distributed among the slaves (cast too many of these and the slaves will start dropping dead).

Don't wanna waste a turn in battle setting this up? There's a pair of items that auto-cast them on the holders at the start of battle. Some crystal matrix watchamacallit.

Empowerment is expensive and cannot be transferred, but it's permanent, doesn't take an inventory slot, and you can get new paths on a guy.
Boosters come in the form of either items or combat spells, which means you either get a temporary boost that can't do rituals or are eating up an item slot, and on top of that they can only boost paths a mage already has. However, they can change hands if they're not cursed, and unless you're forging the fucking ring of wizardry they're all cheaper than empowerment, with the most expensive single-path boosters having the same gem cost as empowerment to level 2, which is the cheapest one at either 30 or 45 gems.

I'm fucking around with mods, wanting to make my own faction, and my sprites are turning out a little more blurry in game than I would like. Compared to the vanilla sprites anyway. I'm supposed to be saving out as a Targa 32bit file correct?

First pic is what I made, second pic is what it shows in game.

I like your thing

Thanks user.

You need to make sure that your sprites are 32 x 32 or 64 x 64 pixels, otherwise the game will resize them and make them look blurry

LA Man got a replacement. Now we can get the game off to a more speedy pace.

Fuck me I keep forgetting to send in turns after I do them. Hopefully I'm the only one with this problem, otherwise things would get even slower than they are now.

Really? I've looked at the vanilla sprites and they don't seem to have any consistent sizing between them.

Don't take my word for it, check the modding manual:

If you don't follow this you get the blurring as the game resizes the sprite.

FIRST GAME PLAYING WITH YOU FAGS IN A FEW MONTHS

TIME TO TURN BULLY GET THOSE TURNS IN

Year 1, what the fuck is wrong with independents this game?

level 3 throne indies are a hell of a crowd.

Its going to be one hell of a fight, tell us how the battle goes

I believe someone found a Legion of Gods defending a throne once, it had an army with it.

I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.
I'll wait until I can amass some priests, shades are banishable, right?

Looks like it.

I'm going to throw a bunch of sneks at it and see what happens
but i don't think i'll be alive at that point

Read that as Sea of Dead Memes.

This will be a dead meme soon.

around bats, give ass pats

Tried playing it.
First thing i notice is it got fantastic lore, but past that it was painful to play it, the game gave me no clear indications of how was i doing or what can i do. It has massive potential, but the interface is total shit. Dropped.

I'm trying to shill this game, but nobody wants to play it with me because it's expensive as fuck.

How do you set up pirated multiplayer? I heard that it's possible if you somehow use "hotseat" multiplayer over the internet.

You can get CD keys for 15 dollars from a key site, did that for those who I bought the game for.

The UI is pretty good, you sound like a millenial, dropped.

Try using Tunngle?

I played HoMM2 before HoMM3 came out, you just mad i don't like what you like.

It was $7 dolleridoos when i got it, No idea when they upped the price absurdly
This is definitely not a $35 game
wait for a sale user and just pirate it currently

user your not alone

you can play email games just fine man.

This is amassing game! But i cant understand how counter-magic work.

1) If you use Eye of God with higher number of gems you can disable enemy same spell or you should use dispel before?

2) How to bust "sacred" magic? I see only 4 lvl priest's with Prophet ability. How i can get 5 lvl?

3) How to protect blood slaves from radiating heat/cold/disease creatures?

4)How actualy blood Vortex work? Did it consume enemy population or globaly including your territories? Should i play with higher Grove scales?

5)What if i trying play Undead/necromancy Mitchlan? Should i rise Grove scales and goes full Moon Warriors because they have a high magic resist + dark vision and cast on them Skeletal body and "Global darkness"? How they benefit from Death/Nature pretender?

6) How i can move immobile pretender with army? Teleportation says its to heavy while if i use this spell without army it works.

Sorry for my english i wish you undestand

I think the new global displaces the old one, but you should still pump it up anyway to keep it from getting dispelled.

There's a couple artifacts that do it, most notably the sword of injustice/immaculate shield combo which is great for pimping undead prophets for a reanimation-based strategy.
Otherwise, you work with what you've got.

Don't let radiators near your blood slaves.
Blood hunt more.
If you really want to keep them around, drop some fire/cold resist spells, though they'll prioritize your actual soldiers over blood slaves I think so anyway, someone test this out

I think it just kills everyone in the province you cast it in and every province near it, so drop it on borders to piss off anybody who's still fielding armies that eat.
Growth scales won't do shit against it, so don't spend points on them just to mitigate Blood Vortex.

Ask a Mictlan player.

Depends which movement ritual you're using.
If you're using plain teleport, that can only move the commander.
If you want the army to tag along, you need to cast Gateway, Astral Travel, Faery Trod or Stygian Paths.
Gateway is the best of these spells, since it's at thaum 5, something you'll hit anyway if you're playing a nation with astral mages, and you'll actually show up at the destination with your entire army in peak fighting shape.
The only real limitation with Gateway is that it needs to be a friendly province with a lab in it.
Astral Travel works the same as Gateway except you don't even need to own the target province, which is why it's only available at thaum 9 or through the Gate Stone.

Can i transform immobile pretender in to something worth with 10 Nature? or lich?

You can transform Irminsul, but nothing else because Transform doesn't work on "lifeless" casters

I didnt notice this. Well fuck restart game.

how is your game going user?
also take this popular quiz, and find out what your dom4 score is!? Your score is based off popular vote

Gath
Mandeha
Curse of Stones
Earth or Blood
Ivy Shield do you even half to ask?
Mother of Monsters

Mitchlan
Magma Warrior's
Blood Feast
Alteration
I dont know. Flayer skin?
Anything immobile or Abbysia three-headed dragon

It's a tossup between EA Yomi and LA Agartha
Blindfighters
Motherfucking fire ants
Earth, death, and fire, because I can't pick just one.
Dragon Scale Mails are some good shit, but I'm going to have to give it to Armor of Knights.
Ancient kraken, 4 hand slots, innate earth/astral, and a fuckhuge hp pool lets it shit on just about anything.

You will never know satisfaction until some scrub gets his Awake Gorgon destroyed by blind fighters.

BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ

BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ

L8Night postponed for a few hours on request of Ragha.

POSSIBLE BLITZ TONIGHT
DONT BE NIGGERS