FFXIV Final Fantasy XIV General

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General
Quake me Up Edition

Try the game for free for 14 days! (lvl [email protected]/* */) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch notes: version 3.45
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands (used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database (It's good now)- xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
DPS and such tracker (but don't tell anyone you're using it or you'll get banned) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Ariyala (gear build simulator/hunt-&lighttracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's guides - youtube.com/watch?v=nFn3SxUnR_c&index=1&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET HEAVENSWARD AREAS/JOBS
2. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job, IRL you damn NEET - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
3. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
4. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
5. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 60, especially guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
7. Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get for crafters.
8. Hit Tab to [I seem to have misplaced my keyboard]

Get an FC, they give bonuses, and exist on servers like yours.

8ch FC is on

Data Center Primal
Exodus Server

[Smug]: An FC with new and older players, usually shitposting, but willing to assist if you can withstand the memes.

Other urls found in this thread:

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Valentiones_Day/
ffxivcensus.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bake the potatoes! RACE WAR NOW!

25 euros is all the money I have, do I buy the game or not?

Download the demo dingus…but don't do it from steam.

Steam demo doesn't carry over to the real game so if you do decide to purchase it Squeenix will do fuck all to help you change from the demo to the real one since they have a disclaimer on the demo page.

They changed my account over because I whined and bitched to them but I can't guarantee they'd do the same for everyone.

Fuck no, buy some food you retarded nigger. Unless you mean for videogames in which case fuck no why would you get a monthly sub game if you're that short on expendable income

How do dragonskin maps work? I'm being told this is the best gil making method there is, but from what I see on the wiki it's a complete crapshoot to get anything worth more than half what the dumb map itself costed

I have a trial, I didn't get it from steam. I just have to enter the code and that's it.

I could afford the sub but shelling out money to buy the game is problematic. I mean sure, I could buy food for that money but then again I can save on food in order to get entertainment.

he's banging the vase lady in ul'dah, isn't he?

Is there still any way to get those sentai poses or were they a limited event thing?

They'll probably be on the cash shop in the near future, if they're not already. Pic unrelated.

That pic reminds me of what happens every single time I try to sell anything
It's amazing to watch

whoever is making these, keep doing it

pls post tank privilege.

So who's ready to be disappointed by the Samurai questline not involving Greg?

He's not and he won't ever be never ever ever
if I keep saying it won't happen, sod's law will make it happen

Why the hell does Kinguin want to charge me VAT tax on a fucking digital download game and the Square Enix store doesn't?

Because it was the IRS that took down Capone. Just covering their bases in case one of their sources is less than peachy.
Also can someone help me work out what's up with my retainer? He should be bringing back huge stacks of gil, but always ends up empty handed and on edge.

Has a chance to open a portal to the Aquapolis, which is some rng bullshit for good drops. It's only really worth it if you gather your own maps.

Fucking useless.

But I do learn mechanics…

posting semi-related content

Trips of trash confirmed. Gas the potatoes. Even Garleans hate potatoes.

still looks good tbh

I've never really participated in server economies to any real extent, but I've been cleaning out my inventory and putting my stuff on the MB instead of vendoring it like a dummy. Is there anything explicitly wrong with selling for a small amount below the lowest prices if I just want to unload my junk? Couldn't the other sellers just buy my stuff and sell it for the regular price for a small profit?

You shouldn't support hate crimes. Eorzea is a realm of progression.

Love, not hate ʚ♡ɞ(ू•ᴗ•ू❁)

>convalesence

fucking save me, guys

No, you will learn to love Elezen AND [email protected]/* */

Sage

Wrong thread?

You posted in the wrong thread man.

I'm already a fan of [email protected]/* */
Also I was wrong, four Elezen, fucking send me to the gas now

MASH ALL POTATOES

So I bought the game and I have a question.
Is dps harder than tanking? What are the most demanding classes to play?

DPS has always been harder than tanking.

Paladin can be a chore to tank, Dragoon has an excessive rotation, and Ninja makes you do hand signs to activate effects.

M8, the hardest thing about drg is making sure you don't jump lock your dumb ass into an AoE.

So what would be the most demanding dps class in your opinion? I know that for tanks, playing WAR and DRK in a way that maximizes dps is demanding, at least people say so.

rouge/ninja if you can't memorize your naruto anime magic combos or summoner if you want to be good and actually macro your pet.

WAR is fucking easy. Do your fell cleave combos along with fracture and boom: instantly best WAR on your server

Eh, to be frank, I consider WAR a dps basically. I'm interested in DRK.

I don't know, I've heard people say that NIN isn't really punishing and that SMN is an afk class with 15 second damage bursts.

They got good with nin skills and shitters talking about as if they nuke between that one spell that applies all the dots to a single target.

I could really go for some mashed potatoes and gravy right now.

NIN at max level is a bit difficult not because of the rotations being complex but the fucking speed you need to to input shit at for the burst combos, since half the inputs are OGCD and the ninjutsu one requires 3 inputs IN BETWEEN A SINGLE GCD to be effective, all while maintaining position behind the enemy, doing mechanics and handling latency
that's 15 inputs just for one burst

Only a degenerate faggot would get a boner from Elezen

The idea of an extremely tall aryan woman is pretty sexy. However Elezen women just don't seem to be sexually aggressive enough for my liking.

back to the suncat cave with you

Trying and failing to get any frontline wins because people are retards means im rolling in marks so i finally got the edge beyond edge BLM set, anyone remember what this is based on from the other games?

What are some good SMN macros?

I usually hate elves, but not gonna lie Aymeric is a qt.

doshio the cutscene

dreadwyrm tri disater + miasma ii extended by contagion, I would imagine.

It cant be helped, user.
I am a pile of degeneracy

fucking dropped dragoon

you couldnt fucking tell form his helmet?

The order of dragoons were elvaan in FFXI too.

Who are the other two? I mean Briardien's little sister's a QT but i dunno much more than that.

Haven't played since leviathan first came out. Just bought HW and a sub. How fucking much have I missed. Advice much appreciated.

boy are YOU gonna have some fun

About 198 main story quests, and three new jobs (with two more on the way).

Is that real? Have I been doing it wrong?

laffo

What's down with Leviathan? Last played a year ago on Behemoth, it seemed to have a bunch of euro trash around.

Any chance that they're adding a new race with the expansion? I got a fantasia I kind of want to use but if there is going to be a new race I'd rather wait and see if I'd want to be that.

Honestly, I'll be upset if they add Viera. It's the one fanservice race everyone weeb fag wants and once it's in, no one will want another playable race. I'd much prefer to see Bangaa or Burmecian first, especially since Bangaa would fit perfectly into a desert setting like Ala Migho.

Oh Burmecian would be awesome since I main dragoon.

I'd be very happy for a monster race. Cute and sexy are well represented already.

And for those that never played XII, this is what Bangaa look like. They'd be pretty damn easy to replicate in XIV.

I doubt that would happen though most active players are playing as female cats or dragons so in all likelihood they'll add another cute girl race. Or maybe those short people with the horns for the loli/shota fans.

I just want my vierras now pls

fuck you
I want Viera so bad and its the most requested race

I want a Red Mage Vista to shut on my chest.
t. Rabbit

Guys, are you autistic about side quests? Do you even do them? I can't stand having the quest markers on the map.

I have no idea, imps? you wanna play an imp?

also what if the new race is an Pig girl

I did them to level up, once I ignored onw because being the noble PLD that I am I didn't want to help some greedy oil drilling faggot. I have also never ever done the quest where you pick up some chicks pearls. even as a level 1 GLD that shit was beneath me.

I'm still waiting for the day we at last visit the Island Lalafell. I wonder what will happen if the Garlean Empire is finally routed in 4.0 and the Sultana takes over Ala Mhigo?

amen brother

Don't use macros for dps classes you shitter. You'll just fuck yourself up in the long run.

You can pop it off without Dreadwyrm and still make that mana back if you're careful.

He's Ishgardian. They're all elves except for the halfbreeds and the others they let in over the years.

You have a something like 200+ msq quests to do before you can either enter Ishgard or catch up to everyone else. Good luck.

Zero. Yoshi already confirmed it, but we may get one with 5.0.

Viera was used as a base race for Aura. It would be like expecting Time Mage or Alchemist (dow/m) to show up when they were both used to make Astrologian.

You can pretty much ignore all of them now except for the ones that are necessary for unlocking aether currents or beast tribes.

None of the classes are that punishing. The game has a very low skill ceiling in general, but you're still going to run into mouth breathers in df that will still fuck it up.

The only hard thing about ninja is the game eating an input and fucking your ninjitsu. The servers have also been really unstable lately, so that doesn't help either. Aether has been especially bad lately.

here come the thicfags

wait when did yoshi confirm no new race
he can put a fuck all random void Race into the game but not viera?

You're on the wrong side of history, user.

I WANT TO BELIEVE
TIME MAGE SOON

I WANT TO CHANGE THE SULTANA'S DIAPER

holy shit im tired

Enjoy being turned into a Tonberry.

Yoshi said some shit about not wanting to add any new races since they'd have to be humans with animal features. They're using the same lazy armor stretching method as GW2, so anything bestial would give us even more fucked up looking armor models.

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Valentiones_Day/

This is gonna be a lewd valentines day.

dat emote

l2jew, git gud scrub.

i managed to triple the price of grade v materia by using my jewish wealth to buy any appear on the market and slowly release the supply at my set prices.

i want to nut on that elezen

How's the ball mount called?

HAHA, TIME FOR GLAMOR!

ADS
ADS
ADS
ADS
ADS

AIDS?

Oh yeah that's AIDS alright

What's the best way to grind out the last bit of exp from 58-60?

spam dungeons

Sad/embarrased, but hey, got my whistle.

Why is she so perfect?

WHAT HOW'S THAT CALLED

Filibuster's Hood of Casting

Why is Lancer so boring? I'm trying to level it to get blood for blood for my monk but shit I keep falling asleep with the rotation and queue times. Any suggestions on how to speed it up? Also is astrologian a good healer? I find the card stuff neat and I figured I'll make that job my healer.

Why not all three? :^)

I have fallen asleep while playing too many times to count
T. Drg main

What said. The entire Filibuster tier is just GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

What do we expect to come from the blowout? Rhalgr or another Nidhogg

Lancer doesn't even get enjoyable until you have Disembowel and Chaos Thrust, unfortunately.

something worse

Lalafell Prime

Sounds like a win to me

potd is faster for leveling than anything else plus you get a full rotation quickly

AST is good if you've accepted that the desire sensor is a real thing and that you will ever only draw the balance when idling in town.

AST can be suffering sometimes

All classes at that level are basically 2 button rotations. I'm playing a WAR and I'm at level 40 and I'm very happy with the amount of buttons I have to press.

Oh see I don't even know what all that is, I just looked at one and thought they look cool

I means you are at the mercy of the rng and the rng hates you. You will forever be denied the cards you want until you don't want them.

So what materia does a healer want? Mind, cast speed or crit?

mnd should be auto-capped on your gear.

cast speed to a certain point can be good, but only if crit is capped already. if crit isn't capped, go with that first. so basically crit > spspd >= det. det only if you find yourself needing more dmg and your crit is capped and you dont need the extra spell speed to do your job or fit in more dmg during a dps phase.

Does this take the bonus stat points into account?

it should show you when you try to affix materia

No I mean the free stat points you get from leveling that you can put wherever. I literally just dumped them all into mind and now you've got me wondering if that was the right thing to do or not.

oh that was probably fine some argue that piety works better for pushing content but its a nitpicky thing

for items though, job-primary stats are auto-capped.

Palms are sweaty
Knees weak, arms are heavy
Vomit on my iron-trimmed sack already
Peach confetti

What the hell was Square thinking when they designed WAR and PLD? Who in their right mind would play a paladin? It's just ridiculous, WAR is a fucking machine of destruction and damage mitigation.

you have no idea of the pains I went to get the black pegasus out of this hell

i'm just leveling stuff tbh, i'll worry about that later

well, you better have a REALLY good solid and stable party because for black pegasus first you need to beat floor 1-100 with the same party, WITHOUT A SINGLE KO ON ANY FLOOR
AND THAT DOESNT GIVE YOU SHIT, IT ONLY UNLOCKS THE OTHER 100 FLOORS WHERE YOU MIGHT GET THE MOUNT FROM A HOARD SACK MAYBE JUST MAYBE

I'd still plunge the depths of her endless dungeon, if you know what I mean

a small amount isn't too terrible, things turn to shit when cock suckers undercut by like 15% each until the item is selling for less than half of what it originally was

or that one faggot that sells 80% lower for no reason while flooding the MB at the same time

Company chocobo is fine, and it can fight too.

Wouldnt you ride your chocobo during the YEAR OF THE COCK?

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

Why do primary stat materia even exist then?

The only classes that actually benefits from them existing are tanks, afaik, because they still get benefits from Strength and there's no Strength on right-side tanking gear.

For use on non-endgame gear and for transmuting into more useful materia.

That's really, really fucking stupid then.

also pvp. most healers and casters will meld vit into their pvp set for the boost to life.

piety also has a place for certain races as blm, as well as being useful in some situations for healers, particularly pushing new end game content. int and mnd and dex are kinda left in the dust though.

every fucking time

if you're dumb enough to have nq endgame gear, you can meld primary stat materia onto it

what if the new race is Galrean Purebloods?

90% of players switch over

Impossible because purebloods can't into aether manipulation (aka magic) unless Omega fucks up spacetime just right or Koji overdoses on cocaine

You left the other FC nWo out of the OP, OP

they would have mutated due of prolonged occupation of Ala Migeria

who?

I heard nWo's leader was all around furfag and a potato lover. Autistic in a bad way.

SMUG's shenanigans are cheeky and fun. nWo's shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Hardly shenanigans at all.

What is she looking at?

What in the world is she looking at?

Weren't both parties shitting up the last like 5 threads though? Also what is more fun lancer or ninja at max level and which has better looking gear.

Is the PS3 a viable way to play this game? Shit looks interesting.

Not at all, it runs poorly (load times) and the support for PS3 will be dropped this June.

Well fuck. Thanks user.

I should note that unfortunately a toaster won't run the game great either, you'll probably have to play at lowest settings and 720p or so to get decent framerates, but I'd suggest trying it out on your laptop/pc regardless, at least the support won't be dropped.

i don't have dragoon to 60 but i do a lot of ninja and it's pretty fun. i don't know how best to describe how fun it is, so i'll just try to describe my opener

huton pre-pull, first combo hit+internal release, second combo hit+blood for blood, dancing blade +suiton, first combo hit+trick attack, then kassatu so your trick attack is up for the next attack, shadowfang (which combos from the first attack)+dream within a dream, mutilate+raiton, first combo attack+mug, second combo attack+duality, aeolian edge

if you have a warrior, do your armor crush combo for more huton time, otherwise do dancing blade again because you'll have time for armor crush and dont want it to drop off, then keep your dots up and raiton whenever you can, using suiton for a trick attack when that's up and your other ogcds whenever they're up. if your internet is shit, fuma shuriken isnt a huge dps loss over raiton if dancing blade is up, so its better to do that then to let the lag clip your combo. it took me a lot of practice to react to that though so dont let it spook you, you'll get it

Famous last words

Dare I ask where this is from?

cross over event from FF11
it's no longer ever doable in game for ff14 unless they pull it out of the ether for some reason.

Marauder was originally a dps class in FFXIV 1.0. I actually had it at level 50 and it was pretty fun, for a 1.0 character. They had an awesome AoE attack. They wore the same armor as lancers, which is kind of like chainmail rather than plate.

Gladiator has been a tank since forever. They are the essence of all that is tank.

There is your answer.

If you undercut by more than 1% then you're screwing over everyone.

I've had DRG at 60 for a long time. And they are really fun, imo. I can't comment too much on NIN, since I never had it above level 56. But I like DRG better. FYI, DRG rotation is harder to do properly than NIN rotation at 60.

i heard from another drg that drg's is easier than ninja so i started leveling it recently

also to answer the second part i forgot to mention, i think the dragoon armor and weapons look cooler tbh. it's more armor-y and its a lot easier to see a spear than a dagger

I think NIN is easier, but to each their own. DRG isn't bad once you get the hang of it, but its rotation is very unforgiving to mistakes. It's easy to screw up and get a big drop in dps.

But don't let that discourage you. They are super fun.

so in HW they took a lot of hints from the players when it came to class additions, for example they made all the healers a lot better at doing dps

when it came to warrior, they looked at what people did to max warrior dps in ARR (run MRD instead and take every dps CD under the sun) and decided to design around this, the result is the dps focused tank we have now, i appreciate this because it means they dont do the blizzard thing and try to break perfectly fine player metas for no reason
however on paladin the community had always been using it as a proper old school mitigation tank, so square under the assumption that this is what people wanted from paladin improved the area it was already inherently good at, the problem now is paladin has more defensive cooldowns then it actually needs and a lot of these cooldowns are too situational for practical play
so dark knight came it and shat all over paladin by having sufficient tanking cooldowns and superior main tank dps

that being said it actually created a new issue throughout heavensward, we have 2 dedicated main job and 1 dedicated off tank job which has made warrior appear overpowered (it may be in pve but there's nothing to compare it to since warriors dont compete with paladins or dark knights), now i personally dont care what the next classes are going to be in stormsblood i just know one of them has to be a dps focused tank like warrior to help the job balancing act

after that we do not need more tank classes, paladin competes with dark knight, warrior competes with ("new stormblood job here), infact after stormblood i would really rather they stop adding classes, we have 12 already, another 3 coming up and the UI is getting crowded real quick

oh and fucking get rid of parry

That's all well and good but who would ever want to play a PLD? Shield oath, circle of scorn, 1,2,3. that's it. I played it up to level 55 and now I have a WAR at 40 and already I have 5 times more things to press and worry about. Oh, and I barely need healing in a lot of cases and I don't even have second wind since I'm lazy to level a pugilist. I intend to switch over to DRK when I get to HW.

well originally it was only warrior and paladin and you needed a paladin to tank Coil, also paladin is generally considered babbys first tank because its super easy to play in comparison to the other two
for heavensward yeah you only need to level paladin for provoke and awareness, dark knight and warrior fill all your actual tanking needs

This is sadly true.

In the end, the choice was obvious

Cover, Clemency and Hallowed Ground don't exist.

PLD could be brought up to WAR/DRK levels if they just add some useful dps skills. Replace flash with something that actually deals damage, for starters. Perhaps also some conal attack like overpower or dark passenger. And a combo attack involving stance dancing into sword oath for a big hit. And BAM, PLD isn't garbage anymore.

skills like flash are fucking cancerous because they contribute to the idea that tanks don't need to worry about actually dealing damage and boy do i hate it when people GO FUCKING SLOW in this game

The "hard" part of being a paladin is stance dancing between shield oath and sword oath to try and get as much DPS out while tanking. most dont even bother since DRK does way more damage anyway so they just roll that.

Yeah, flash is terrible. It's a remnant of when GLD was the only tank class. It was always boring, but it was essential when there was no other option.

Eh, I used to stance dance as PLD and it wasn't even that hard but it sure seemed useless since the dps you do is still low.

Even adding something like the Storm's eye combo to PLD would be a massive improvement.

There's currently a sale on the sqeenix US website for heavensward but I'm in EU. Will it be compatible?

How about PS4, or same sort of shit?

I have both at 60 and I like drg more personally.

No, a lot of people make that mistake. Sorry user.

Thanks

Guys did you do your beast tribe quests all at once, like all tribes every day, or did you, for example, max out 2 tribes first and then did the other 2? Is maxing out all beast tribes even necessary?

I haven't done any but Amalja yet

I did all my dailies everyday for that during 3.0 because I had naught else to really do.
did them as they came out.

I would say most aren't actually worth it unless you're crafting a lot or really want the mounts.

I think that someone said that beast tribes are useful for relic components? Is that true or are they only useful for crafters?

They made them slightly less awful, the old beast tribes give materia now for their higher ranked quests, among the original stuff. The HW ones can be worth it for the scrip/lore. 45 lore for flying around the sea of clouds isn't too awful. Can also trade some of their currecy for the unidentifiable shit for the anima wep.

So it's worth it to do HW tribes if you're not a crafter?

I really like this Alice in wonderland looking thing they got going on right before the queen, I hope we get some more area's looking like this in the future.

HOLY SHIT THE ANIMA SHIT NEVER ENDS
WHY AM I BOTHERIGN WITH THIS WHEN I COULD JUST GRIND A ZURVANITE WEAPON AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reminder: in the next update the 275 relic becomes your job BiS weapon till lvl.68

Probly not for me. I'll most likely be switching to the new tank, whatever it is.

How the
FUCK
do I get past this shit? I just wanted to try out the demo and I'm greeted this shit every time I try updating/downloading the game.

Why am I not shocked that nigger is a furfag?

Faggot was totally insufferable in BDO. I pity that free company.

Squix NA servers are a waste, a mess, and a big fat mistake.
I went through this whole ordeal as well. Use a VPN like Cyberghost.
It will take 2 hours to download the part of the patch that gives you the error, due to the VPN having limited download speed
You will suffer, but it will work.

you will have to restart the launcher several times and download teh game bit by bit. I should know I did it and I hate Square enix for not fixing this bullshit

Europe servers go to shit every fucking evening. I've been doing a dungeon and it has disconnected me 3 times and now my launcher is fucking blank.

Chaos datacenter here, Aether is a loser!

I'm going to try it, and I hope is worth it.

Have fun just avoid Balmeddit.

Do some research on the servers so you don't end up on a dead server.

Avoid Ultros, Cactuar, Gilgamesh and Balmeme.
These are dead, full of underages, tryhard autists that are actually shitters, and erp rapehouse in that order

Sorry your FC chose to settle in a shit server

Even Balmeme is better.

I didn't list Exodus because I forgot it existed, it's that fucking bad

Daily reminder that if you dye any of the new PVP sets, you are cancer incarnate and deserve to be violently culturally enriched.

This

What the heck is that

Looks like an airship-balloon hybrid from Ixal beast tribe questline.

Ixali blimp

I haven't watched this yet
How long is it? Is there movies and specials and whatever else I should get? Any particular watching order?

7 TV series, 4 movies, one anime spinoff worth watching with its own movie. Watch in production order, with the exception of The One Who Shines in the Darkness and Goldstorm, which take place in the distant future and can be watched together if you can stomach Ryuuga and friends being humongous fucking faggots.

Get fucked weeb I'll wear my pvp gear dyed Adders yellow with pride.

Fucking christ that is terrible.

Awkward live action with overdesigned everything with every anime trope in existence with jarring transitions into cringe tier CGI.

How the fuck could anyone like this? It is the incest baby of power rangers that got the FAS from all the liquor during the pregnancy.

Twin Udders pulled in the oppai crowd.

I'll bet you're a blast at parties.

what are you fucking gay

Question to people who tanked sophia:

does she have jiggle physics

Femroe are gross
Also she sounds like a witch and is unable to pronounce Limsa Lominsa properly

Why is Seto Kaiba fighting a cyborg SS trooper?

Which ARR area will RDM start in?

Gridania best country
Ul'dah scum go home

missed opportunity

Man, the i100 DRK pvp gear looks pretty damn good

This server man used to be good but nowadays if im not doing shit with my static i'm not going to have a good time.

Sounds like you fit right in, but maybe you'd be happier on Balmung.

Serves you right faggot.

Certain imageboard people can be cool, but you mostly find people who take meming to a very cringy and unfun level.

I've found furries, horsefuckers and weebs to be infinitely more irritating than memers, especially because stupid drama always form in these 3 groups and usually lead to bullshit like "bruh dont insult me I'm gonna keel myself"

Well those sorts of people are the ones I am talking about. Memes are fun and all, but when people start being autistic over voice it gets old real quick.

I enjoy the voices I imagine for everyone much more than their actual voices.

Have fun having preventable things go wrong because there isn't enough time to type to tell people to quit doing shit or to pay attention.

~O hohohoho!

REMINDER TO FILTER THE POTATO POSTING SHITTER FROM HALFCHAN

Must we resort to racial slurs, user?

Eh I can't decide whether to play a DRG or MCH. Halp pls.

SMN

Isn't summoner easier? Like, you basically only have to worry about refreshing your dots. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Friend, you seem to be angry, when it seems like you've been to halfchan yourself, given you know this.
ok, nigger, like that cleans your ass real well. I think you just need to give in to the starchy sensations of your Lalafell overlords

you also have to micro manage your pet if you want the best possible DPS. I think you should go DRG though.

Do members "play" Star Citizen?

No, infact refreshing the dots is the least worrying thing. Getting the most out of the aetherite stacks management + dreadwyrm stance timing with cds + keeping the pet alive/useful is what makes it a pain. That guy does not switch targets or move anywhere unless you tell him.

Is that more demanding than playing a DRG?

DRG has the simplest rotation in the game, albeit it being a rather long one. Play NIN if you want complexity

depends. SMN generally doesn't have to deal with the same aoe bullshit a DRG (who is always in melee range) has to deal with. and you don't have any animation lock on one of your key OGCD skills the animation lock on jump is almost exclusively responsible for the "loldrg" meme, because it used to be WAY fucking worse in early 2.0

end game SMN gear also works, generally speaking, for BLM as well, while DRG gear is exclusive to DRG. thus, lvling SMN means you'll have a set of solid end-game gear for BLM as well, should you ever level it. a minor issue, but one that can create headaches in your armory menu.

The reason I'm asking about this is that people shit on tanks all the time how tanking is easy so I want to see what do complex dps jobs have to offer. I'm more inclined to go for SMN, I see that it's the least played class along with MCH, even though I've heard SMNs aren't really valuable in raids.

check'd

pick one. tanking is easy in terms of the rotation, but in terms of actually tanking something it requires a lot of practice regarding the fight itself. if a dps fucks up and takes a bad aoe, chances are the raid can and will recover. if a tank fucks up and takes an aoe, the raid may wipe. or if the tank positions the boss wrong, the raid may wipe. or if the tank doesn't swap in time, the raid may wipe.

so the difficulty with tanking comes from needing to have an intimate knowledge of a specific fight in order to do it right. this becomes trivialized by gear and practice eventually (see A1S light farming runs or old EX primals as examples). when Garuda/Titan/Ifrit EX first came out, tanks that knew how to handle the tank mechanics were rare gems, and the fights were literally unbeatable if your tanks didn't know what to do. SE has cut back a bit on that content in 3.0, but even now you see stuff like A11 or Sophia where having two competent tanks can mean the difference between a smooth run and an early wipe.

for a dps, there's a lot less generally riding on their performance. as long as DPS checks are met and you avoid as much aoe as possible, you're ok. the "skill" game that dps play comes in maximizing CD uptime against the limitations of a fight while maintaining an optimal rotation and usage of abilities.

i guess you could also think of it as the macro/micro dichotomy. dps are more concerned about the personal "micro" that they have managing CD's and rotation against the mechanics of a boss fight. tanks are more concerned with the "macro" of the fight, ensuring that they have cooldowns ready for tank busters or emergency situations while also keeping one eye on upcoming mechanics and transitioning safely through them.

micro-based skillsets are something you'll be doing all the time, in every encounter, even just clearing trash. macro-based stuff varies widely in how difficult it is, with 4-man stuff being a snoozefest, and Savage-level content requiring constant minute attention to detail in order to ensure things go smoothly.

that's how i think of it at least

Have a good Valentiones faggets!

The farthest I got when I was tanking was Mog ex. I mean sure, I had to spend 5 minutes reading up on dungeons before going in the first time but there wasn't any thing particularly challenging about it. However, my impression was that in level 50 dungeons and in Mog hard and ex dps had a tougher job. I mean, all that I was doing was keeping an eye on a few mechanics. I played a PLD, WAR and DRK seem very interesting though but again people shit on them being easy.

What a waste

thanks for the heads up, i was thinking if i did the repeatable quest enough eventually those assholes would give me the minion.

in terms of managing a rotation, yeah. you can tank and hold aggro by pressing 123. optimization of tanking (i.e. balancing tank power with dps) is significantly harder, as you need to know when you can go full shitlord dps, and when you have to back off and revert to actual tank stance again.

but it's still not as complex as some dps.

but the dps don't have to worry so much about do-or-die mechanics. rarely are there situations where the raid hangs on the usage of a single dps cooldown, but even in fights like Sophia or Bismarck a single missed or delayed Provoke can wipe the raid. and yes, much of that can be mitigated with practice and preparation, but you have to keep in mind the difference in consequence. if a dps drops their combo or mistimes a cooldown then that sucks but it probably won't result in the raid wiping. if a tank mistimes a cooldown or doesn't react to some mechanic in time, the raid wipes.

Noice

Things are going to get interesting real soon.

Makes perfect sense, Smug's behavior are consistent with goon tactics.

If you don't shoo any and all guildfag adverting his shit from your threads, you are doing it wrong

Just got my 12th atma, nerdlords. Which weapon should I upgrade with it? I'm leaning towards the WHM weapon. It looks alright as Thyrus, but Nirvana still looks pretty good. A lot of the other ones go from decent to shit, especially WAR and DRG.

a-atma? as in the ZODIAC WEAPON atma? the zodiac weapons that are completely outclassed by even the lamest welfare gear by now and are a complete waste of time unless you REALLY need a weapon glam?

SMUG is the most cancer shit
I used to play with Yarteb, their main guy, in BDO
and he was just fucking cancer

Fuck off with your retarded guild drama.

Says the goon

If you could impregnate one NPC, which NPC would it be?
This is an important question that verifies whether you're a good player or not.

All of them

fuck off smugcuck

Does fishing ever get more complex than clicking when the tip of your rod is green?

It gets more complex trying to FIND the right weather and conditions, it's fucking retarded some of them

Is the weather random or something? I've seen the forecast NPCs and glanced at the menu that comes up, but it didn't really look like a 7-day forecast or anything, just what the weather already was. I could be wrong. Can't really log in right now.

might get more complex in stormblood expac with the ability to swim underwater.

SWIMMING?

get ready for sum bleetzbaal

Holy fuck, shatter has to be the worst pvp mode I have ever seen.

Is ARF still the best place to farm lores?

oh god no, A1s or frontlines right now, nobody does the ARF nightmare ride anymore unless they are behind the times or thick.

and not thicc but thick.

Oh man this level 47-49 gap is killing me. I'll have to do Aurum vale for like 3 more times. I just wanna be a DRK….

??? Since when does A1S drop lores?

Is it brainless pugable now?

I fixed that for you :^)

I ran it twice since the last post and no bonus either time, you are a nigger

no ilvlscaling and its tuned for like 190 and even scrubs are 250 now. takes about 45 seconds.

How do I view the achievements for the second and third Garo horses? I've gotten the first one but I don't see the other achievements anywhere.

different sub sections of battle

Which nWo reject is that getting pounded?

Dave

It's Bayolante's wife since wants to fuck a pedophile.

It still amazes that there are people beating the remains of the dead horse that is lalafell kick/kill jokes into the bedrock still.

It's been happening since day one. How's it feel to be those guys in WoW or other MMOs who never shut the fuck up about small races?

Post more. This shit is gold.

lalafells are jews, you LTDF

Did somebody mention Albedo?

THERE WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH OVENS FOR YOU

Trips confirms genocide

Playing a potato is like shitting yourself on a bus or a subway and smugly grinning to yourself about how upset you made other people, failing to realize that your pants are full of shit.

something tells me you don't belong here :^)

To be fair, all races except for Hyur are not much better than potatoes.

Lala ladies lounging in my lap, lovely.

No, there is no reason to play a potato unless you're a pedophile and they are literally insufferable kikes in the lore.

I'm calling the police.

Little lalas lustily licking long lengths.

Pudgy potatoes pitifully perishing parboiled

Laughing lewd lalafell laying long logs.

Truculent tuber terminated thoroughly through terrible toasting

Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started, wait
The earth began to cool, the autotrophs began to drool
Neanderthals developed tools
We built a wall (we built the pyramids)
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries
That all started with the big bang! Hey!

If you've read the encyclopedia eorzea all the races have been cunts at one point. Hyur invading like a moorish jihad. Roegadyn "settling" in kobold lands and then getting assmad their settlements weren't welcome with open arms and turning to piracy. Elezen going all RACE WAAAAR on each other because some people chose to live in the underground city still and others in the forest.

Lalafell may be insufferable jews at times, but don't pretend the other races of eorzea weren't twats in their own right. Oh, and as for Au ra, Xaela are still war like nomadic cunts. And cats have been cancer even before they came to eorzea from meracydia.

i knew u were a degenerate but this is a new for you qojon

Raen shut-in masterrace

Raen Au Ra
Plainsfolk Lalas
MoonC@s

Are probably the only relatively shit free histories of the various races/subraces. The rest have pulled some gnarly shit. Though moonies probably get lumped in with the sun cats back in the meracydia days and summoning Sophia.

Those still pale in comparison to being literally jews.

Spicy trips of truth.

How is that huge yellow phoenix mount called?

I think you're a little too hyperfocused on hating the duneshekel lalas over everything else. But hey, if that gets you outta bed in the morning.

Something tells me it makes you even more upset

Garuda obviously. She is the best girl!

It's Asriel Dreemur, actually. :^)

How fucking stale are your maymays if all you have is u mad bro? You gonna post that meme face thing next, Smugcuck?

i got you covered

no regrets

yes im sure that half-kobold child is yours

You make this?

nah its in the google search

Do you remember when we started this in the last thread and it actually fucking worked?

You wish :^)

sub is expensive can't 10bux it up like smug ):

Definitely goons. The behavior I've seen here is consistent with what I used to see on halfchan.

Godspeed, nWo. Bully these interlopers off the board.

How about we not bring up that guild shit because it tends to derail the thread. I am at +99 Aethershit, should I convert that into a kinna weapon for my nin or drg?

How about SMUG stop being furry goon faggots.

I think it's a good thing. This SMUG group I've been hearing about are furries and goons. They shouldn't be welcome here, nor should they be allowed to advertise in any Holla Forums thread.

Anons should be firm and steadfast. Once they leave, or stop advertising, the drama ends. The one thing we've all learned from 2016 is that you don't let up on SJWs, furries, goons, etc. The "lol just ignore it" does not work. Otherwise, they'll have the run of this board like they do on halfchan.

Isn't that what they truly want though? Chaos and having the thread get shit up with attention centered on them?

This. These same cunts pop up everywhere, and don't let up until they gain control over the community. Anons need to be aware of this commie infiltration.

Doesn't matter. There will always be collateral damage. You hit your enemies hard, fast, and never let up until they are completely demoralized and leave. Halfchan Holla Forums half-assed it and look where they're at. Meanwhile, halfchan Holla Forums went hard as a fuck and they meme'd a presidential candidate into office. Now is not the time for weakness or subtlety.

And even if Mark goes with his own nuclear option of banning FFXIV threads, then so be it. It's better than letting SMUG goons control anything.

>used to see on halfchan
You still see it because you still go to halfchan. Stop trying to make it seem like you haven't been caught doing this multiple times already. You keep posting the same images in FFXIV threads using the same fucking filenames on both sites. You're obvious as all hell about it.

The first posts you make in the thread after coming back from that ban you earned earlier are all about the goon menace. And, rather conveniently, after you got that ban the amount of goon posting in the thread increased sharply. Hmmm.
Nobody likes goons but halfchan crossposters that constantly stir up shit here are equally unwelcome.

Every fucking bit of guild drama in these threads comes from people that are quite obviously not from around here and it needs to fucking stop.

Takes one to see one, though.

Wrong user, friendo :^)

But how would you someone is a halfchan cross poster unless you were one yourself?

All I got wrong was thinking you were the one that got the ban earlier, my apologies on that.
Everything else I said still stands.
Also:
Your mental gymnastics routine needs work. Apply yourself.

Your ability to deflect could use some practice. These SMUG characters deserved to be bullied into submission, no compromises. That is priority one. If you don't like it, feel free to close the tab if it triggers your sensibilities :^)

Someone give me your recruit a friend code. I'm about to do my first month and I want the 25% exp circlet.
If this is restricted by region EU only then. Whoever quotes his code first I will write down. Checking back later today.

Not sure if it's region locked, but you'll need to post your email. There is no code or url to just hand out

Can we just fucking play the game? It's not like we need nWo or SMUG in the OP, or even need to talk about them.

1. Playing with 8ch people is fucking terrible, should be obvious why now
2. If someone asks you could mention those FCs, or just let them be picked up by a random one.

I don't know, it seems like lately instead of discussing the game its just FC shit flinging.

I'm a safe distance away from Exodus and all its gay shit because I'm on Siren.

This my nigga

I am just sitting here on midgarsomr happy that I don't have to worry about guild drama.

thirded. again. these SMUG cunts need to shut up. nWo was here first and the threads were fine, but then SMUG came along and shit's been fucked since.

t. leviathan

The real issue is there's a concerted effort to stir up guild drama by people who are :
A) not in any of the guilds in question
B) not even on same server as these guilds
C) not even from the fucking site these guilds sprang from in the first place
And now that it's becoming common knowledge that at least one of the faggots doing this(you) is from halfchan there's a sudden push, by you, to blame the goons?
Come the fuck on.

new bred, leave FC shit flinging in this crap thread

Goon shitters should not be tolerated, no matter what. So how often do yiff with your friends in SMUG?

Try this one: 2XXDMUAD

New thread:

report it

Shamelessly checking my own dubs to bring you all the gem of what used to be the thread linked.
Just wow.

Based mods. Awaiting the new thread with no FCs in it. Only game!

Damn, sorry mate.
This one should definitely work.
Recruitment Code: UNTB2ZVW

Also that now deleted thread wasn't even mine, i just linked it since it just appeared in the catalog.

If you're serious and really need a code, I'll throw mine in here
I need to get that two-seater mount so I can ferry people to the Aether Currents they need
VKXJ4ATF

user, I…

_____~O HOHOHOHOHO_____

Reminder to report all threads with any FC on it, and also any posts mentioning any FC at all

Goons…

Can we temporarily add a line at the end of the OP copypasta reminding people to report the FC drama faggots?

I think that line should be permanent if anything. Just have both FC in the op as well.

It's always a potato too.

PURGE POTATO
TERMINATE TUBER

Good luck

It's good to see critters going about their daily routine in the safety of their natural habitat.

Why are potatoes so boring and uncreative?

I've been lurking here for a long time now.
nWo hasn't been doing shit in the threads until very recently, even though SMUG faggots had been relentlessly shitposting and defaming nWo while projecting their own cancer on them.

Maybe it's this guy and his Goon friends? Who knows, right? I mean, most officers in SMUG right now are Goons and friends that played together in other games, guilds and communities.

FAGGOT

oops, haha!

Should be done.

Sorry user, you're a nice guy but the earl his bird gets the wyrm and all that.

Did someone still need a recruitment code?

99D9U6T7

I didn't even see him repost one until after I posted mine, so w/e

Apparently not enough to realize how much we hate your dramafagging bullshit
Ah yes the classic "It was all this person I don't like" argument
I'm gonna need a lot more proof than a single username happening to be the same. If you google the name of nWo's leader the first thing that pops up is gay porn and his tumblr wife complaining on twitter that their members are shitlords so maybe there's some projection going on here?

Where do I find out about new patch information before the official patch notes come out?

Just a coincidence, goyim.

I heard nWo leaders were disbanding in a few days is this true?

These are your female domestic servants for the evening.

Post words so as to convey positive information, an opinion, a feeling or intention, or an instruction, Holla Forums.

I'm sick of this shit. I always leave when that happens because i'm carrying at least one shitter in there since that's easily skipped if people did their rotations. Doing the mechanic isn't the issue.

Of all the insults you deserve, "boring" is the most fitting one

We'll show you boring!

I wanna cum inside all three of you.

Heavensward sale has got me tempted to go back. But only do solo stuff since my normal mmo buddy won't play the game, saying the characters are too pretty.

just show him some of the characters in the thread, that should change his mind pretty quickly

L-Lewd, user.

What was it?

There's a unique complaint. Which MMO does he prefer? Genuinely curious.

I WILL LOVE IT AND PET IT AND TAKE CARE OF IT AND CALL IT GEORGE

Far from the best pet

Both everquests and wow since he can play trolls and things. He keeps talking about the image of a troll shadowknight coming out of the swamp. His not playing any right now, but almost started ESO in the last week for orcs and lizards, but the new dlc not being part of the sub free annoyed him. My guess is he'll go back to wow and one of the eqs soon.
No matter what good things I saw about 14, it comes back to "But I have to be a pretty boy,"

He can play lalafell if he wants to be a disgusting freak so much

he could be a roegadyn, they aren't really ugly but I wouldn't call the men pretty boys.

I played the game for a couple of hours. I really liked it, looks fun. I'm thinking of subscribing. But I don't want to be around filthy redditors and goons, I'm stuck at choosing a server and FC. And the drama in this thread just confused me.

Halp.

Don't join any imageboard FC
Don't play in any server advertised in any imageboard
Use this to make an educated choice ffxivcensus.com/

just stay on your current server and find some other degenerates like yourself to play with.

Lalafell are deemed too cute and the Roe's are too big with shoulders too wide that make them look goofy.
Was kinda wishing for a monster race for stormblood to temped him with but I've pretty much given up trying and will let him wallow in eq and wow.

Go onto Exodus and join SMUG. Threads just get shit up because some people are bad at banter. None of this shows up in-game.

Ignore the people trying to stir shit in the thread. Both Smug and nWo are alright, you don't see this drama autism in game.
t. someone who's been in both

Some of us are just devilishly handsome.

What server?

you look like a more gay detective conan

It's Fuck off, we're full

Post UI for inspiration I deserve better than this WoW clone with no addons.

Rude, I was just curious

N-No homo, user.

new bread?

The conditions haven't been met just yet.

NEW BREAD

Nope

why does this upset people so much. Just don't join them. It's that easy.